[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76
File: Gordarkk.jpg (885 KB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
Gordarkk.jpg
885 KB, 1536x2000
>resources
pastebin.com/j5RAK09E

Smasha & Kunnin' edition

Archaon, Nagash, Gordarkk and ...Celestant-Prime!? He is too weak to represent Order.
>>
First for Warriors being worse than Guard
>>
File: Horned_rat.jpg (32 KB, 590x250) Image search: [Google]
Horned_rat.jpg
32 KB, 590x250
Furst for lord and savior
>>
First for third
>>
File: lesweatyguy.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
lesweatyguy.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
>>47201812
Fourth for Skeleton Warriors being worse than Grave Guards
>>
So, do Battletomes add any interesting mechanics or rules to a game?
>>
File: Best Carstein.png (101 KB, 289x214) Image search: [Google]
Best Carstein.png
101 KB, 289x214
Fifth for did nothing wrong.
>>
File: Nef+Ark.jpg (995 KB, 1995x2000) Image search: [Google]
Nef+Ark.jpg
995 KB, 1995x2000
Sixth for can love bloom in death?
>>
Help me /tg/

The people at my local store don't accept the lore of AoS

I try to use the proper names for units but the others won't respond if I don't use the obsolete terms. Like I was talking about my Deathrattle army and they won't accept the names. It really breaks the rich narrative, like when mom calls my PS4 a "Nintendo
>>
>>47202042
It's true. The mortal realms are way larger and more inhabited than the world that was. In essence Mannfred created the mortal realms, the place where Chaos many finally be defeated.

Mannfred is the champion of life and hope.
>>
>>47202067
Stop being a sperg, who cares what people call them
>>
>>47202077
>Mannfred is the champion of life and hope.
Alexstrasza.png
>>
>>47202067
BAIT M8
>>
>>47202003
>>47201812
And chaos warriors are worse than varanguard.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>47202077
>In essence Mannfred created the mortal realms
no
>>
>https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-crypt-ghouls-en.pdf

I'm confused about something in Flesh-eater Courts warscrolls.

They list the leader of a unit as a Crypt Ghast, but then have another warscroll called Crypt Ghast Courtier. This is done for every Courtier unit(except the Varghulf Courtier)

Are these two the same thing or are they different things?
>>
>>47202153
Those serve two different purposes and can't be directly compared

Guard and Warriors are almost the same but the former is strictly better
>>
>>47202164
They're different things, the courtiers are like minor hero units.
>>
>>47202154
Yes, he got Gelt which led to the winds of magic becoming free which led to them flying into space and becoming the mortal realms.
>>
>>47202193
In truth it should be the Age of Mannfred.
He'd do a better job than that loser Sigmar.
>>
>>47202193
stop
>>
File: Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg (21 KB, 321x448) Image search: [Google]
Nagash-Bugmans-Artwork-2.jpg
21 KB, 321x448
>>47202220
Get back to your cage, Mannfred
>>
File: Skavenclanrat.jpg (46 KB, 270x286) Image search: [Google]
Skavenclanrat.jpg
46 KB, 270x286
CLANRATS ARE WORSE IN FIGHT-BATTLE THAN STORMVERMIN THIS IS TRUE-FACT

WAKE UP FLEA-BITERS, CHAOS-THING ARCHAON IS LYING TO US ALL
>>
>>47202236
No.
Mannfred is like Sir Alexander Fleming.
He may have created the Mortal Realms by accident, but it was still his revolutionary act.

>>47202294
Nagash already tried that, but nothing he tries is Mannfred proof. He really should thank Mannfred anyway, without Mannfred there would be no Shyish for Nagash to rule.
>>
>>47201812
First for free chain... aw wait fuck.
>>
>>47202311
>There is nothing in the dreaded thirteenth spell preventing you from spawning an entire squad of verminus warlords every time it's cast.
>>
>>47202352
The Warlord warscroll doesnt have "this unit may contain any number of models" sentence?
>>
File: 12314124.jpg (484 KB, 780x1144) Image search: [Google]
12314124.jpg
484 KB, 780x1144
>>47202311
This thread-scroll now belongs to Skaven! All Clans welcome, flithy lizard-things stay out.
>>
>>47202003
pff ya'll niggas don't know shit about the brave Skellingtons, they fresh until they drop and they give no fucks.

fuck outta here
>>
File: 1453538380539.jpg (92 KB, 766x1042) Image search: [Google]
1453538380539.jpg
92 KB, 766x1042
>>47202535
What's the best weapon options for stormfiends and why is it Ratling cannons +1 grinderfist?
>>
Return of Be'lakor when?
>>
>>47202612
What happened to him anyway? Didn't archaon tell him to fuck off and then he disappeared?
>>
>>47202612
Realm of Shadows update.

>>47202637
Well he almost became a God, then he tried to destroy the world tree, then he was imprisoned in a ruby until the end of the world, which wasn't long after.
>>
Anybody knows if the lore says what a Mordant is?
>>
I play a mixed Mortal/Daemon chaos army, and my friend has been getting more and more interested in AoS. He wants to start a destruction army with lots of goblins and a Maw Crusha. What would you suggest as the first models to buy? I have a very chariot heavy list.
>>
>>47202717
Ghoul guy.
>>
>>47202738
I was looking for quotes or something more specific, rather than just
>>Ghoul guy.
>>
>>47202734
Ard boyz. More than you can shake a Waaagh stick at.
>>
>>47202777
Hmm I think he just wanted a centerpiece model for the Maw Crusha and then some goblins to fill out the rest. Are 'Ard Boyz that good?
>>
>>47202769
Guy who is a ghoul.
>>
>>47202734
Well he'll want some Orcs to do the heavy hitting, a box of black orcs would be good, then i suppose a unit of gobbos and a grot hero.

He could counter you with the start collecting box as it has boar riders and a chariot for fast-moving units
>>
>>47202822
An old school ghoul?
>>
File: 1455995277232.jpg (22 KB, 540x527) Image search: [Google]
1455995277232.jpg
22 KB, 540x527
>>47202067
>>
>>47202826
That sounds like a good idea. In the warscroll for the Ard Boyz it says Each unit is armed with an
array of weapons, but I assume all the unit needs to have the same one right?
>>
>>47202769
Mordant are the "men at arms" of the Ghoul Kings. Basically the foot soldiers.
>>
>>47202311
Try running them like people used to run rat darts in 8th.. Ull get better results
>>
>>47202873
Guess there isn't anything else besides that. It's curious that a Varghulf is a Mordant, while the Abhorrant Ghoul Kings are Vampires.
>>
Just saw this in Aos facebook page.
Kinda cheesy, but I chuckled a bit at the comma.
>>
The Dracothian Guard box comes with a halberd option for the Lord-Celestant on Dracoth but there are no rules for it at all.

Was this an oversight or what?

Would you say it's okay to treat the halberd as a tempestos hammer instead since there are no rules for the halberd but there are for the hammer?
>>
>>47203437
one could consider this as well: late 15th century: from French, present participle of mordre ‘to bite,’ from Latin mordere .
>>
when will we get start start collection boxes for humans, dindus and ælves?
>>
>>47203541
Once they are ready to repack these items. So once they sell oUT of back stock.
>>
>>47202734
He like spiders?
>>
>>47203541
Who are the dindus in AoS?
>>
>>47203853
I think the spider riders were something he was looking at, but I dunno if it's the first thing he buys.
>>
>>47203859
Duardin.
>>
>>47203859
>>47203881
I just call them dindus because its as silly as duardin
>>
>>47203489
I assumed it was the thunderaxe of the Lord-Celestant, since the regular axe on a lord would look boring, but I'd be down for using it as the Tempestos Hammer.
Tempestos Axe sounds pretty cool anyway.
>>
>>47203950
Yeah, it looks like an axe but it has a banner flowing behind it and a blade on the top and the box art shows it on the back of the box and describes it as a halberd.
>>
I have never played AoS but I am pretty pumped for Silver Tower of Tzeentch, really like that theres some weird Beastmen in there too
>>
>>47202040
I'm pretty sure this is b8 but what the hell.

Yes, they do.
The Battletomes add several Battalions each (with Battalion rules being quite literally the only part of army building you cannot download for free (why yes that does basically mean pay to win, well spotted)) and they add Battleplans (re:Scenarios) which are usually meant to be used with the army the Plan comes with, but they can be adapted for other armies easily and most of these twist the rules around until it feels like you're playing a different game.

Battletome: Everchosen for example has a plan in which two demigod-like beings duke it out in the center of the board while their flunkies fight all around them. Meant to be used for Nagash vs. Archaon but you can use it for all big showdowns. It also has special rules to make the commanders' battle more cinematic (re:Anime-like).

Battletome: Fyreslayers has a great Battleplan that wants to remind people of those awesome Warcraft III missions where you have no base, just a handful of fighters and you have to dungeon-crawl to the BBEG at the end.

If you only want unit rules in print, skip the Battletomes and get a Grand Alliance book.
>>
>>47204156
why would it be bait?
>>47202040
Yes. Actually, battletomes is the way Aos is supposed to be played.
For me, it makes an entire world of difference.
>>
>>47204156
It was a legitimate question. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>47204156
>Battletome: Fyreslayers has a great Battleplan that wants to remind people of those awesome Warcraft III missions where you have no base, just a handful of fighters and you have to dungeon-crawl to the BBEG at the end.

That sounds awesome and nostalgic

>>47204199
>>47204504
Correction: thank you, anons.
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
A little leak. The blue horror special rule seems a longwinded way of saying how most people would run it as RAI. The ogroid dude is what I'm really interested in finding out more about though.
>>
>>47204156
Right.

You convinced me to buy battletomes. Cheers anon.
>>
>>47201779
Really Sigmar should be Orders big super dude.

But he's squatting on the throne smashing lighting with hammers and such.
>>
>>47204991
he's too busy lazering his people for not wearing the Sigmar hammer pin correctly oriented 90° to the left during Sigmday.
>>
>>47205087
The fact that he names fucking everything after himself really pisses me off. They made him look like an egotistical asshole.

Which saddens me, because I fucking love Sigmar.
>>
>>47204785
>D3 mortal wounds on the charge, no ifs, no buts
>minor but guaranteed regen
>three different weapons (two of them with Damage probably above 1)
>one unbind
>to-hit buff
I don't even care what his unique spell does, unless he's got awful to hit by default, that ogre mage seems great.
>>
>>47204785
I'm really excited for these Tzeentch models being released, especially with normal rules, since they look like a really cool stand alone army. I'm curious though whether it's comparable to the Khorne army in the starter set and if I could field both equally if I and a buddy wanted to pit them against each other.
There's 29 Khorne models in the starter and 51 in the Silver tower, minus the heros, leaving 44 models that's left for a Tzeentch force, so I'm wondering how balanced that could be?
Either way, I'll surely try and get this for the awesome models alone.
>>
>>47205427
I think the tzeentch forces are
>1 gaunt summoner
>1 ogroid mage
>6 tzaangors
>8 acolytes
>2 pink horrors
>4 blue horrors
>4 yellow horror bases
So 26 models for a tzeentch force. (Technically the 8 familiars are tzeentch too, but they may not be that useful for an AOS force.) Remaining 10 non-heroes are grots and skaven.
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 1200x675
>>47205285
Sigmar is quite the asshole. He'd not just adress the new leadership anywhere, he's only doing that in the largest of temples they built FOR HIM. And then he berates them a little before placing them at a table shaped like HIS hammer (shit for actually discussing anything, least of all with well over 200 guys present) under a massive statue of HIMSELF. And then he tells that lot, y'know, the guys that were actually loyal to him during the devastating civil war that happend just a little earlier, the guys he picked HIMSELF, that if they don't do what HE wants them to do, he'll kill them all. Lovely. What a great leader.
It probably does not help that all those Lords were selected for *personal* strength instead of any sensible traits for what is basically a glorified secretary.

I mean, okay, we know that he was a dick when he lost Ghal Maraz by being a moron, cried 'All is lost!', abbandoned his remaining allies and went home to sulk for centuries, but still...
>>
>>47205518
Do we know more about the Skaven? i thought he was supposed to be a hero acting as a merc, but is he just going to be a boss enemy instead?
>>
>>47205523
I actually liked sigmar's portraied like an asshole.
Its subtle, something that a 12y old won't recognize but the writers probably wrote thinking
>fuck sigmar, i have enough of this shit
>ill make him an asshole
>>
>>47205614
Hm. This

This is interesting to think about. I don't like the whole asshole spin but this is intredasting. Certainly its a mighty good change from the old "CONAN" theme. Niggas still Conan but he's a cunt while he's at it as well. A cunt with mighty hair
>>
>>47205518
Thanks anon.
Looking at this list gives me the impression that I'll have to include a few more Tzaangors to the roster, maybe even kit-bash a few more acolytes, before I pit them against the 20 blood reavers and maybe include another hero to match the starters three.
I guess I'll know once the rules come out so it's easier to decide what's balanced to include.
>>
>>47205575
He's basically a assassin by another name, can clone himself (the shadow clone being the second, supposedly identical, deathrunner, and works towards a mysterious end. He gives no toss about the tzeentchian intrigue going on, he just wants to do his job.
>>
Tzaangor box when?
Gryph-hound box when?
>>
>>47202294
>tfw no Settra
>>
>>47205704
Tzaangor box and I die happy
>>
>>47205704
Probably never knowing GW

Where's the Korgorath box? Bloodstoker box? etc.

Fucking 40k Cultists and Chosen STILL don't have a kit or exist in non shitty snap-fit and dark vengenge is like 3 years old at this point
>>
>>47205523

Ha-ha! I lol'd))) NIce one, anon!

What book is it from BTW?
>>
>>47205641
He's a stupid dick, but he's our stupid dick. He's also not a Chaos god, so there's that.
>>
File: jakub-rozalski-nightwolf.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1028) Image search: [Google]
jakub-rozalski-nightwolf.jpg
329 KB, 1920x1028
>Cygors and Bestigores are temporarily out of stock

they're next lads
>>
>>47205704

I would kill for a Gryph-Hound box.
>>
File: 1231551989304.png (195 KB, 424x287) Image search: [Google]
1231551989304.png
195 KB, 424x287
>>47207405

>Freeguild (empire) archers have been out of stock for the past month

GW plz I want at least 2 boxes before you dump them
>>
>>47208088
First they came for the Tomb Kings, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Tomb King Player,.

Then they came for the Bretonnians, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Bretonnian Player.

Then they came for my army—and there was no one left to speak for me.
>>
>>47202865
>all the unit needs to have the same one right
Nope, Ardboyz, Stormfiends, Varanguards do not need to use the same weapon.

>>47205917
>Korgorath box? Bloodstoker box?
Facebook guy said, no more Bloodbounds in this year.

>>47206466
>What book is it from BTW?
Grand Alliance: Order, no scan, and it is cheap.

>>47208283
That is not funny.
>>
>>47204156
That Fyreslayers Battleplan was what got me to start a Death army desu
Only got skellies and a box of zombies so far, but it seems like it might be fun once I assemble the lot of them.
>>
>>47209576
I be downloading the Battletome to see what you talkin' bout but could you gimme a small elaboration?

I too have just started a death army and finally finished assembling my lads today. Going to be a while till I can paint them all but for now its my strong and heady force.
>>
Hello AoSG
So I'm working on stuff for my League and...well... in round 3 I want to introduce Time of War elements to everyone...and I had everyone pick a home realm. So if your the "defending" player the mission takes place in your home realm with your own time of war set up....So I need to pick some for the players.
My Slaanesh army is from Aqshy the Realm of Fire...So I was thinking of just using the Brimstone Penesiala because it's already written and that lets me be lazy...
But then again I'm with Slaanesh the God of Perfection and Excess so shouldn't I be writing one for everyone?
So I need 1 for my Passionate Forces in Aqshy,
1 for our Undead player from Shyish
1 for a Skaven Player in Shyish
1 for a Seraphon Jungle in Azyr
and 1 for a Dark Elf lord and his duradin allies in Chamon.

So what does a good Time of War have? What suggestions can you give me?
>>
Are these two lists approximately balanced against each other?

++ High Elves ++

+ Heroes+
Dragonlord w/ Shield and Lance
Archmage

+ Units +
2x 5 Dragon Blades
2x 10 Swordmasters
10 Phoenix Guard
10 White Lions

+ War Machines +
3x High Elf Bolt Thrower

+ Formations +
Dragonlord Host

versus

++ Stormcast Eternals ++

+ Heroes +

Lord Celestant on Dracoth
Lord Relictor
Knight Venator

+ Units +
2x 3 Prosecutors w/ twin hammer
3x 5 Retributors
2x 10 Liberators w/ shield and hammer
5 Judicators w/ Bows + Shockbolt Bow

+ Formations +

Thunderstrike Brotherhood
Hammerstrike Force
>>
>>47210108
Looks pretty good to me, im not a fan of elves so im not sure about their fully potential.
All i know is that the stormcast eternal player HAS to deepstike to destroy those bolt throwers asap or he'll have a bad time.
>>
>>47210234
And he can, but that also means there's a shitload of other units that are about to be in his shit and keeping him from getting to the bolt throwers. It creates something of a siege effect, which I rather like.
>>
File: Map for battleplan.jpg (8 KB, 571x339) Image search: [Google]
Map for battleplan.jpg
8 KB, 571x339
>>47209794
Divide battlefield into sixths (shitty MS Paint pic related). Black section isn't used, do whatever you want except play this game with it. Grey line is a cavern wall - no-one sees across it, no-one attacks across it, no-one does anything across it.

Fyreslayers: Always start first. Deploy in the leftmost section and work their way through the sections to the last one. They win by killing the enemy general, who must be deployed in the last section. General gets a command ability that lets him or anyone in 10" of him roll 2D6 to run.
Death: splits their army into equal quarters and puts one quarter into each square, but they don't set up until the Fyreslayers finish a move in their individual square, and when set up, they need to be 6" from any enemy models. If they can't fit (God knows how many models you'd need to do THAT), they're put in the next section. General has to be deployed in the last one, but can still use command abilities, cast spells etc. if a Hero from his army is set up (just measure range from the Hero). Also, zombies fall from the cavern roof after the Fyreslayers reach the second section (the one to the right of the black section). Roll a die every hero phase, set up that many zombies, then roll a die for each zombie.
1-2: Splat! Remove zombie.
3-4: Set up D6 extra zombies to form a unit of 2 to 7 zombies.
5-6: Set up 2D6 extra zombies to form a unit of 3 to 13 zombies.
On top of that, any Monsters in the last section count as guardian statues - they get +1 to saves. Death wins if their General survives.
Finally, all shooting attacks against targets 8" away get -1 to hit, increased to -2 if 16".

That should cover absolutely everything. It seems like it should be fun to play as the Death player.
>>
Saurus Guard dont get a model bonus do they? I dont have the app atm.
>>47201812
Well, i would agree, but im my experience they have been pretty killy. Dont have much experience with saurus guard yet.
>>
>>47211312
No they get more OP fucking formations to run that dwarf having warriors in your army at all
>>
>>47211370
What formations would those be? I know of one that needs 3 units of guard and something else but I cant recall at the moment.
>>
>>47207405
>>47208088
Age of Sigmar is just too damn popular, GW can't keep up with the demand
>>
File: image.jpg (586 KB, 3574x2512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
586 KB, 3574x2512
So, who of you have made their own warscrolls for your customs or missing stuff? If so, post them.
Not made by me, but I've been using this warscroll with no ussue at the lgs.
>>
>>47212083
More like people are getting shit while they can before GW aborts AoS and the whole miniature line.
>>
>>47202042
I know the whole Manfredd did nothing wrong is an ironic version of Hitler did nothing wrong but it kinda is the same comparison.

It's like saying Hitler created European peace and the NATO. Mannfred did everything wrong, it just turned out a little beter for him then expected.
>>
File: GMIII_MCAG_1928_13.jpg (66 KB, 800x492) Image search: [Google]
GMIII_MCAG_1928_13.jpg
66 KB, 800x492
Does anyone know where the Age of Sigmar/Wargaming in general scene is at in Tucson? I don't know what stores are good for what.
>>
>>47212373
>for him
I'm not sure he'd agree. nagash has been going to great lengths to make sure Mannfred's life is as shit as possible for literal ages. And there's no release for him, since even death won't stop anything in this situation.
Totally a deserved fate, mind you.
>>
>>47212417
Why what's he doing? Nagash I mean.
>>
What do you need for the Freeguild Regiment and what are the bonusses?

>Just show me the battallion plz
>>
>>47212462
Check OP pastebin before asking plz. :(
>imgur.com/a/nh3os
>>
>>47212429
He makes Mannfred serve him, which he knows he *loathes*. If anything happens to him, he just gets rezzed right away and made to serve some more.
He was also sent to a area of Shyish that's so deadly that even vampires slowly decay there, with orders to protect the zone against invasions (which some Khornates actually did, for whatever stupid reason).
>>
File: Nagash.png (1 MB, 813x1058) Image search: [Google]
Nagash.png
1 MB, 813x1058
>>47212502
Don't forget Nagash's promise to Mannfred at the end of the first audiobook series.

Nagash will keep Mannfred enchained to his throne forever, out of spite.
>>
>>47212483
Thanks Senpai, didn't know they were in the pastebin.

Would anyone object to someone using a hydra as a kharybdss? Already got my Hydra assembled but not much else on the DE front and I don't want to go Order Serpentis.
>>
>>47207507
samesies
>>
>>47212634
Cool, Mannfred deserves everything he got. Did we ever find out what kind of prince he was in the past?
>>
Am I the only one that thinks that a lot of the Battallions are all over the place in their model requirements?

Compare the Draconis and the Serpentis battalions. One only requires a dragon and 10 knights(2 units), the other requires a dragon, a chariot, a monster and 10 knights(2 units).
>>
File: IMG_20160512_015206.jpg (334 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160512_015206.jpg
334 KB, 960x720
Tell me that sixty dollars more isn't worth the holographic cards ( gw store almost guarantee me a set if i ordered two from him, local brick store get sets at 25% off retail but holographic cards are given in raffle format)
>>
>>47213152

Only pic you got?
>>
>>47213271
>>
>>47213412
>>
>>47213412
Based on your estimate, how many square bases would you need?

I will buy the box but I'm still on the fence wheter I should use square or round bases.

Does the hologram edition include the models for the extra cards?
>>
>>47213435
GW blackshirt has been super nice about trading bases for ones i need.. I probably should order something other then whitedwarfs and having mail orders shipped
>>
>>47213429
Last pic
>>
>>47213473

Thanks Brosef.
>>
>>47208283
>Using holocaust poetry to describe a tabletop war game.

lad...
>>
>>47213606
Consider where you are, dude.
>>
>>47213678
>every board is /b/
ebin.
>>
>>47213678
Is /tg/ not better than the rest of the trash? Just because we're on 4chan, we're not forced to act like degenerates.
>>
>>47213473
>>47213429
>>47213152
Rumours say 4 extra heroes with rules in the box will come out as an expansion set in the near-ish future. Looks like slaughterpriest, tzeentch sorcerer lord, auric runemaster, and knight-venator then.

Pic related, it's a knight-venator. Just because I think the model's awesome.
>>
>>47213752
How do you guys justify Chaos heroes fighting side by side with Order heroes?
>>
>>47213754
How they handle warrior priest and chaos warrior in last edition?
>>
>>47213754
The same way you justify anything else in the AoS: Magic and capeshit plots
>>
>>47213754
Something about everyone's fighting against greater threat of the tower/seeking to find the gaunt summoner at the top (for different reasons) I think. Haven't got hands-on with a copy though so haven't actually read the fluff that comes with the game.

Anyway, it's not as if goodies and baddies being on the same team is a new thing for Warhammer Quest.
>>
>>47213754
It's convenient in their quest for the Gaunt Summoner.
>>
>>47213728
Oh come on, it wasn't that bad. Yeah, /tg/ is better than most of 4chan for most of the time, but that doesn't mean that a somewhat crass comparison is in any form below our dignity. When the Excelsior Warpriest was revealed the amount of WE WUZ posts reached epidemic levels, but that's still prefectly in line with general board culture, no matter how distasteful it'd be in any real life situation.

>>47213686
Well, I was more referring to the fact that this is the AoS general, where shitposting is the rule, rather than the norm, sadly enough. Still, a holocaust comparison is pretty tame by board standards
>>
>>47213799
>WE WUZ

eh?
>>
File: UNLIMITED ANIME!.png (655 KB, 636x590) Image search: [Google]
UNLIMITED ANIME!.png
655 KB, 636x590
>>47213785
>Magic and ANIIIIIIMMME

FIFY
>>
>The Gaunt Summoner has the power to grant the wish of any adventure who passes his tests

So basically this is Twisted Metal but without the Cars.

The Stormcast and Warrior Priest are there to kill the Summoner but what about the others? What are they going to wish for, and how will the Summoner twist their wishes?
>>
File: vE16how.jpg (117 KB, 852x1000) Image search: [Google]
vE16how.jpg
117 KB, 852x1000
>>47213752
?
>>
>>47213875
>adventurer*
>>
>>47213851
The priest is a black guy and people instantly went for the WE WUZ KANGZ N SHIET meme.
>>
>>47213875
Maybe they just want a treasure (probably the Fyreslayer) or they just want to flee from the tower.
Both these things need the death of the Summoner.
>>
>>47213877
Someone on Whineseer said about the 4 extra hero box thing. Seems more legit as GW did put rules for 4 extra heroes in the WQ box.
>>
What rules can I use to represent my ancient metal skaven warlock with shield? Ikit claw maybe?
>>
>>47214292
Pic? If he looks Skyre-y enough I'd run him as an Arch-Warlock or a Warlock Engineer.
>>
Come at me, bros!

>>47214292
>Ikit claw
Renamed to arch-warlock, a freaking tough warrior-mage, should ok to represent warlock with shield.
>>
>>47214340
Something weird...
>>
>>47214353
They wear a beaky helm?
>>
>>47214365
...or a beaky mutation?
>>
>>47214340
>Reply to Thread No.47201779
Mirin those gains, bro.
>>
>>47214373
Fuck me.
>>
>>47214340
>>47214353
>>47214365
Tasty, boxes when?
>>
>>47214379
Sexy! Shame that, only 3 poses.
>>
>>47214340
>Well, what is it?
>>
>>47214395
Will slaangor/khorngor/pestigor make a appearance too?
>>
Those look glorious
>>
>>47214408
...actually the original goat beastmen are too slaanesh.
>>
>>47214340
>>47214353
>>47214365
>>47214379
The power of Chaos is the power of gains.
Sigmar attempts to create artificial illusionary gains with sculpted armour, but it pales before true gains. In truth we know that Sigmar has gone flabby through the age of Chaos.
>>
>>47214379
>>47214365
>>47214353
Still not sure about those helmets. Might put deldar scourge heads on instead.

Those gains are ridiculous.
>>
>>47214426
Hysh? The Silver Tower is inside the domain of Tyrion then, so those ælves ain't minions of Malerion?
>>
>>47214395
>>47214408
>>47214426
I'd love to see size comparison between those guys and normal goat Beastmen.
>>
>>47214395
>>47214408
>>47214426
I think I'll use these guys as Tzaangor Beastlords
>>
File: 09-2.jpg (133 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
09-2.jpg
133 KB, 1200x900
>>47214450
All clampacked!
>>
File: Pic.jpg (359 KB, 1630x1222) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
359 KB, 1630x1222
>>47214321
>>47214340
Seems the warscroll compendium still calls him Ikit claw, the master warlock model has its own warscroll, same rules, different weapon names is all.

Was thinking maybe this was a mordheim character or something like that, can't find him in any of the collectors guides etc online though.
>>
>>47214395
Anyone got the skillz to shop an electric guitar onto this dude?
>>
>>47214340
I think this guy will be popular in 40k for use as a Thousands Sons character perhaps
>>
>>47213728

Fuck off
>>
File: 16-1.jpg (79 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
16-1.jpg
79 KB, 1200x900
>>47214484
Nice model, but I prefer the on disc version.
>>
>>47214450
>so those ælves ain't minions of Malerion?

They can be whoever, the Silver tower has portals across the mortal realms, an there's nothing to stop minions of anyone from being in Hysh anyway.
>>
>>47214501
That was random.
>>
>>47214487
It's an old promotional warlord for some kind of gamesday. But you can Run him as Ikit Claw/Arch Warlock or a normal warlord in a Skryre Themed Warband.
>>
File: 20__1_.jpg (76 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
20__1_.jpg
76 KB, 1200x900
>>47214502
Pinky and brimstonies.
>>
>>47214502
I like that Fish familiar thing
>>
File: 19-1.jpg (82 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
19-1.jpg
82 KB, 1200x900
>>47214521
GW squatted Chaos Ogres, then give you a brand new sexy Tzeentch Arcanites Ogor?! Shall we expect Knights of Mortal Realms strike back?
>>
>>47214512
Not really. It seems to be a targeted attack on some faggot.
>>
>>47208088
Order has already had their culling, they wont be dumping them. They will likely be reboxing them eventually, but I can't see that being soon.

Although knowing GW they wont bother restocking them until they DO rebox them.
>>
>>47214544
He doesn't look like an Ogre. More of a Tzeentch Minotaur/Demon guy
>>
>>47214550
There wasn't really anything he said that was faggoty. /tg/ is much better than /b/.
>>
>>47214484
So all the heroes, the walking gaunt summoner, and the ogroid thurmaturge can be sold separately in future? That's pretty cool.
>>
File: 17-1.jpg (80 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
17-1.jpg
80 KB, 1200x900
>>47214544
The game come with 2 Deathrunners, in fluff there is only one, but da Skaven can double himself!!! Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!!!
>>
>>47214569
>There wasn't really anything he said that was faggoty

He was getting offended over some trivial bullshit, that's faggoty.
>>
>>47214595
Where?
>>
>>47214515
Right you are, I just assumed he was a warlock because of the orbs. I can use him as regular warlord when I start playing aos.
>>
>>47214593
Shame they didn't include NightRunners instead of the goblins. Imagine that. Updated Gutter Runners! Muh DICKKKKK. Are the DeathRunners clones?
>>
>>47214604
Follow the thread of conversation.
He got mad and called someone a degenerate for using a holocaust poem.
>>
>>47214593

That Skaven looked TOO much muscled and lean. Too much for a Skaven.
>>
>>47214607
He'd work equally fine as a Warlock, although the head is missing some form of goggles or a rebreather.
>>
>>47214593
Blue.
>>
>>47214618
That doesn't look like being offended, more pointing out a weird comparison.
>>
File: 21.jpg (54 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
54 KB, 800x600
>>47214630
Fuck me.

>>47214618
>called someone a degenerate for using a holocaust poem
Ha?
>>
>>47214544
Tzeentch Doombull
>>
File: 15-1.jpg (48 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
15-1.jpg
48 KB, 800x600
>>47214644
Weirdo!!!
>>
>>47214640
When you lash out because you though a place "was better than that" that's offense.
>>
>>47214629
Oh he has a goggle over one of his eyes, the big circular type
>>
File: 25.jpg (77 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
25.jpg
77 KB, 800x600
>>47214659
Bookie!
>>
File: 26.jpg (79 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
79 KB, 800x600
>>47214667
...and Moonie!
>>
>>47214667
>Tweak and Blot, the familiars
Adorable
>>
>>47214667
>>47214677
Fuck I need that little fishy guy and that birdie they're so fucking cute.
>>
>>47214662
They were saying that we don't have to act like /b/ all the time, which I agree with.
>>
>>47214692
No, they got triggered by some holocaust poem and then cried about it when someone asked them where they thought we were.
>>
>>47214707
I thought the guy in >>47213606 was mocking you for thinking that having your favourite toy soldiers taken off sale is in any way comparable to the nazis murdering loads of people. It did seem rather precious.
>>
>>47214758
That what I was doing lol, didn't want to start a slapfight over it.
>>
>>47214758
>I thought the guy in >>47213606 was mocking you

It wasn't me, but that's fine. This post >>47213728 is the butthurt, which is why this guy >>47214501 told him to fuck off.
>>
>>47214879
Youth I'm the one who posted the poem thing and you guys need to chill out, I saw it on one of these threads a few months ago and was reposting the meme, sorry for triggering people.
>>
>>47210092
Time of war rules typically have at least two charts that each player rolls on, either every turn or of some other condition is met. These effects can either help or hinder, but they always target both players. There's also likely a spell in there.
>>
>>47215326
Thanks...
This is for the Slaanesh Aqshy Home ground.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/18Zvkx761dqRuAL3qyEfSzKULdrseD1YtHKvXI-CKGM8/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>47214659
what in the fuck

literal spider goblins
>>
>>47215371
Tzeentch is one hell of a drug. Protip: wear shoes when exploring silver towers.
>>
>>47214122
I expect we'll se new models for those heroes, which would bring the Slaughterpriest to having 3 alternate models.
>>
>>47212320
>Skaven unit has a higher armor save than a griffon-mounted Freeguild General or literally elf-mounted dragon.
>>
>>47215419
Isn't there already a scroll for a specific named character ridding a rat Ogre. I'm away from my copy of GA: Chaos, anyone what the save on that guy is?
>>
>>Boneripper?
>>4+ Save
>>
>>47205704
>>47205917
According to locan manager, 6 months - year after release models may be seen outside these boxes, like BaC marines should be soon.
>>
>>47215355
I like the two command abilities, but the Slannesh one should affect all Chaos generals, although Slannesh units could get an extra buff. The other command ability should also include Death generals. The spell is pretty cool, but I'm not too sure about it only being 5+ to cast, an 8+ maybe better. It should also last only until the next hero phase, like most spells. A 2+ to hit seems a little much, a 3+ would be better, making the spell a risk, as Arcane bolt only does d3 mortal wounds, while this can do on upwards of 9. I'm not too sure about the geyser ability, maybe it could have positive and negative effects. So if someone rolls a 1-2, that unit is hit by the boiling water, and suffers d3 mortal wounds, on a 3-4 the unit is unaffected, while on a 5-6 the unit uses the geyser to move faster and adds 3" to their move. Slannesh units can add 1 to this roll.
>>
>>47215600
Thank you.
I turned Comments on so people could leave some.
I'll adjust the command ability for all chaos and give a small buff to Slaanesh, and the 5+ to cast came from the 2006 WHFB Core book, where I got the spell I just tried to adjust it to AoS. Maybe I'll adjust it to do 1 mortal wound per hit.
>>
>>47215688
Then there's no reason to use it as Arcan bolt is just plain better. I think 2 damage is reasonable.
>>
>>47215826
Okay how does this look then
Blade of Rhuin
Wizards who come to the Domain of Passion may tap into this spell. It has a casting value of 5, and when cast the Wizard reaches into his heart and pulls from his passionate emotions a burning sword that has a range of 1”, 3 attacks, that hit on 2+ and deal 2 mortal wounds for each hit. This attack replaces their own normal attacks, the mount may attack as normal.
>>
>>47215890
Opps forgot an important line at the end...
This effect lasts until the next Hero Phase.
>>
File: image.gif (813 KB, 400x184) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
813 KB, 400x184
>>47201779
Getting my fix of Shin Megami Tensei lately and I wanted to make a stormcast chamber wholly focused on being the absolute embodiment of law, even if it's detrimental to themselves.

Now I already have a lot of their basic fluff done out, but how would you guys paint them?

Also these guys are not nice, and will destroy anything they seen as being corrupt, even innocent people.
>>
>>47216092
where is your gif from? i swear ive seen that before.
also, your pic related. this is what the stormcasts are gnna have to deal with in the shadow realm.
>>
File: 20160512_163348.jpg (176 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163348.jpg
176 KB, 1200x675
>>
File: 20160512_163358.jpg (120 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163358.jpg
120 KB, 1200x675
MAXIMUM PUNCHING
>>
File: 20160512_163405.jpg (121 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163405.jpg
121 KB, 1200x675
They're just, you know, casually eating nearby enemies. As one does.
>>
>>47215890
Maybe make it a 3+, that way, on average, it deals 4 mortal wounds. So it has the potential to do more damage on Arcan Bolt, but you don't get the 18" range and have to bring your wizard into combat range during the combat phase.
>>
File: 20160512_163410.jpg (146 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163410.jpg
146 KB, 1200x675
>>
>>47216302
>roll a die for each model within 3" range, on a 6 it suffers a mortal wound
>each MODEL

Holy shit
>>
File: 20160512_163415.jpg (135 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163415.jpg
135 KB, 1200x675
>>
File: images.jpg (10 KB, 312x162) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10 KB, 312x162
>>47216271

Finally a use for all those variant Strigoi models
>>
File: 20160512_163420.jpg (126 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163420.jpg
126 KB, 1200x675
Bit rubbish. Still don't get the point of reform abilities, apart from maybe enabling you to retreat from combat without officially Retreating (so you can charge later) if you've been cunning with your arrangements.
>>
File: 20160512_163425.jpg (130 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163425.jpg
130 KB, 1200x675
"Yeah, so, those three terrorgeists each heal an extra wound each turn."
"What."
>>
File: 20160512_163430.jpg (130 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163430.jpg
130 KB, 1200x675
Standard megabattalion that's unusable unless you're a lawyer.
>>
>>47202099
>>47202149
>>47202862
It's not bait, it's called a joke.
>>
File: 20160512_163531_0_.jpg (206 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
20160512_163531_0_.jpg
206 KB, 1200x675
And last one, the battalion from the boxed set.
>>
>>47216302
Man that's gruesome as fuck.
>>
>>47214667
>This arrogant creature is convinced to be one of the great and terrifying lords of change
Tweak and slop are best familiars, famalamy
>>
>>47216343
I like the alas poor yorrick pose on the left.
>>
>>47216445
>left
Thanks, brain.
>>
>>47216445
Found the strigoi
>>
So, am I misunderstanding the Archmage spell, or is it really just more prudent to use Arcane Shield?

I mean, I suppose the main benefit is that the Archmage's spell protects any unit within 18" of him on the roll of a 6, whereas Arcane Shield is only one unit, but a roll of a 6 still seems kinda pitiful from what I can tell, unless I'm misunderstanding.
>>
>>47213754
In WQ you could have a black guard of naggaroth and a high elf prince on the same team, it at least hints at a more fluid and interesting world than the goodies vs baddies one where everything is pitched at a ten year old walking into a GW for the first time.
>>
>>47214340
>when the heroes come but you in the shower
>>
>>47215419
>elf-mounted dragon
How big is the elf?
>>
>>47216368
Nice.

Anyone have any experience with the Terrorgheist kit? How much conversion is needed to make them distinct from each other?
>>
>>47216544
It is absolutely better to use Mystic Shield, unless you're facing a high-Mortal Wound army, at which point the 6+ isn't going to be enough to save you. High Elf Mages are shit, unless they're Teclis, now.
>>
File: $_1.jpg (28 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
28 KB, 300x400
>>47214487
>>
>>47217015
>>47216544
2 spells serve for different purposes, mythic shield buff 1 unit and againt normal wound ONLY, but elemental shield protect all models with 18" deflect both wound and mortal wound.
>>
>>47217197
Yes, but a 6+ is essentially worthless, and it's chewing up a spot that could be used for a spell that has a reasonable chance to affect the game state.
>>
Um... well, in case anyone need this.
>>
>>47217211
>6+ is essentially worthless
Yeah, I know, but elemental shield is stackable, so double 6+ save sound useful? At least in math.
>>
>>47215462
Broodhorror and that's forgeworld
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 426x823) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 426x823
>>47217015
>Eldritch Council
>Shit
No
>>
Sisters of Sigmar faction when?
>>
>>47217240
Significantly less useful than 2 Mystic Shields.
>>
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 524x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 524x384
>>47217015
Also this
>>
>>47215462
Lol didn't read, question

Greyseer and his behemoth lol
>>
>>47202182
The same is true for Clan Rats and Storm Vermin, or Necron warriors and Immortals for 40k.
It's the difference between the elite troops and the plebs.
So long as your opponent isnt a fuck and you have a narrative then both options fit.
Sometimes I bring my Clans instead of stormies because it makes more sense thats way.
60 clan rats and 20 storm vermin acting as the honor guard is way more fluffy amd fun than just vermin spam.
My opponents do the same thing and we all have a good time.
AoS works when both players are there to have fun and play a game. It only starts to fall apart when autists bring out their power list so they can go home and blog about how easy it is to win at AoS
>>
>>47217253
Maybe, but you can't compare a deathstar unit to all models within 18". Even that deathstar can wipe my whole force alone. :-(
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 76

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.