[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What parts of the dragon make the best weapons? Apparently when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What parts of the dragon make the best weapons? Apparently when it comes to Eastern Dragons their tails are often used as swords. I'm guessing there is a single long bone in the tail that can be sharped and used as the blade.

With six limbed dragons who have the ability to go bipedal (or at least stand on their hind legs) their thigh bones would make for good hammers.

Wyverns bones are light and would probably make for good single use daggers or arrow heads.
>>
>>47199933
I mean, there's always teeth for knives.
>>
>>47199933

For armor, scales could make, well, good scale armor. Larger scales might well be used as shields. Smaller scales could make arrowheads if they're sharpened. The leathery skin of the wings could make for a lighter leather armor for someone who doesn't want to be weighed down by plate.
>>
Claws, teeth, horns, spines.
>>
>>47199933
>using bones for weapons

good leather for boots
stylish ornaments with horns, fangs and skulls
succesfull-scam level of money from pelvis rendered into dust and organs to alchimy losers
the best tasting white meat

but really, its hide is the most useful part I say
>>
>>47199933
Depends what kind of weapon and what kind of dragon you have around.

Look at Havel's Dragon tooth, it makes a great club but would the dragon it's taken from would make a good bow?

Play it like Monster Hunter I guess
>>
>>47199933

I honestly wonder how well dragon guts and sinews would work as bow or crossbow strings. You'd expect them to be pretty durable, at the very least, no?
>>
Any of the bones in the arms or legs. Depending on the size, teeth and claws play a factor.
>>
>>47199933
The dragons heart. Why you ask? Because they make the most powerful reagents for magic.
>>
Whatever it is that's the source of their breath weapon.

Particularly if that shit could be miniaturized.
>>
>>47199933
I don't want to sound contrarian, as I do love my dragonbone sword a lot, but the best part of a slain dragon is its fame. I can't think of a more potent weapon. Before you even cross the blades for the first time in a battle, you can see the men trembling, whispering among themselves: "It's him... the dragonslayer is with them".
>>
>>47203531
In Monster Hunter it's usually a sac organ that can be harvested and used as an ingredient to make your weapons do elemental damage.

They also use every part of the monster - bones, teeth, claws, scales, bone marrow, brainstems...
>>
I bet their horns or spikes would make decent lances.
>>
>>47203634
If you're like me, and prefer your dragons intelligent, then each weapon made from a dragon should be recognized by that dragon's name.
>>
>>47203680
Gems :^)
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.