[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbest Shit Your DM Has Allowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
So, /tg/, what's the dumbest thing your DM has allowed you to pull? Regardless of reasoning (from a nat20 getting taken too far to a DM just not knowing any better and you cringing in hindsight at the debacle), what's the most ridiculous/idiotic/perplexing thing you've had happen?

To start, I recently had a first-time DM "allow everything!" for some ridiculous reason, and took a joking shout of "You don't even know the laws of physics, but you really know how to fuck them!" and the use of a chalkboard to accidentally uplift a civilization by thousands of years. Pic related, it's my character.
>>
File: crystals_condition.gif (28 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
crystals_condition.gif
28 KB, 300x300
I had GM allow something really ridiculous once because it made for a great story moment.

>Take on campaigns BBEG wayyy too early while we're all way too weak.
>Me and another player are playing casters, plus we have a melee fighter with us.
>BBEG was prepared, has a barrier that blocks any spells me and the other caster are capable of
>Easily downs our melee fighter
>Other caster is barely hanging on and too scared to fight, might even be considering swearing loyalty to the BBEG (though he'd have none of it anyway, because my character pretending to do that is how we got this close to him to begin with)
>I'm barely hanging on too... no spells that can get through this barrier, and melee combat consisted of me trying to bite the guy and getting tossed across the room.
>Get an idea
>Earlier in the campaign, I acquired a crystal that can serve as a spell focus and amplify the effects of a spell
>I haven't had the crystal cut or refined yet, in this state it would either do nothing... or blow up in my hands (far more likely).
>Pull it out anyway, let BBEG see it, start charging up a spell anyway.
>BBEG laughs, lets me do this, eager to see me explode myself
>allaccordingtoplan.jpeg
>At the last second, let go of the crystal and release my spell jet behind it rather than focusing it THROUGH the crystal
>GM looks at me like "whut?"
>Me: "The barrier will block my spell, but it won't block the crystal, right? It's not a spell. I'm just using my spell to give it momentum. I'm making a ranged attack this way, what do I need to roll?"
>GM just stares at me for a moment like I've had the greatest fucking idea he's ever heard.
>GM: "Let's just say it hits."

No roll or anything, GM just let it work and went on to describe how the crystal I had jetted at the BBEG ended up BOOMHEADSHOT'ing him like a crossbow bolt for insta-kill damage and how my clever idea had just won the encounter and saved everyone despite our party being severely weaker than the BBEG we were facing.
>>
Letting me play.
>>
So the dm sets up an encounter specifically to challenge our most combat oriented player, didnt wor oUT lIke that. So we sent him in to scout right? before he went into the building the mage made him invisible, and then he timed it right to follow someone else in and used some magic gloves he had to stick to the ceiling. He ends up directly above the three npcs made to kill him essentially, and declares that he drops from the ceiling and swings his sword in a full circle to decapitate all three at once. To describe this he references the spin attack from legend of Zelda games. Dm lets him do it, install kills two, mortally wounds the third, we cakewalk again.
>>
so this was cool at the time but looking back on it, the whole thing was just stupid but worked to not kill me off early.

>try to speak to local leader to work out disputes between clans that take residence there.
>DM is a "roll for everything" kinda guy
>roll to walk down the God damn street
>nat 1
>leg spasm causes me to break little girls leg with my own meaty orc leg
>towns people arent having it
>get surrounded
>buddy tries to help
>they think he was an accomplis
>totally fucked it seems
>he calls horse
>horse jumps into the crowd
>he jumps like shit and hurts the horse
>I nat 20 hopping on the horse
>dm says that because I'm a paladin the diety I worship intervenes, heals the horse, lifts it out of the crowed in a beam of light, heals the horse, and gives it tiny wings that will soon grow and make it into a pending pegasus.
>whole table is hooting and hollering
>we all loved it
unfortunately the campaign ended early when a puzzle was too much for the whole party to handle and we got killed by demonic beings that intended on taking over this world.
>>
>>47195751
Dafuq? That's not the traveller. That's Rasputin nigger
>>
>>47196388
That's why I used the picture. My character is Rasputin.

In the dumbest incident I've ever encountered, he let Rasputin teach wizards Einstein's theory of relativity.
>>
For the sake of not being a dick, I'll only mention stuff that was allowed to me and stuff that I allowed that I shouldn't have

As for a stupid thing, in a star wars game I got 4 triumphs (that's 1 in a 20000 chance) and it was interpreted as a hacking tool falling from a ventilation shaft, hooking to a terminal, robbing absolutely all the possible data and then come back to my pocket in a following explosion. The consequences weren't actually big, the additional data didn't matter much because we already had hacked the important part of the info, but it was a bit nonsensical

As a GM, the stupidest thing I think I allowed, and still allow, is for the bard of a fantasy setting group to roll for a fuck check in combat so that he can blind enemies with his jizz, also a comprehension error that made me mistake a 20 pounds turkey for a 20kg turkey (the joke is still carrying on today at the giant turkey).
Ah, and how could I forget, because of the same error of comprehension (homebrews as a newbie GM, not even once) a wet iron rod weighted 5kg (should have been pounds) and even I was confused as to why the fuck it weighted so much, but one player said "I shake the water away" and I responded with a "okay, the dry iron rod weights 2kg now"
>>
I made a terrible mistake of allowing one of my players to consume gods.

His character now has 53 str and deals an average of 500 dmg per round.
>>
A DM in one of my games let a wizard bet 10k gold (which he didn't have) on a duel between a PC paladin and a local noble.
He won the bet.
the DM was me
>>
>>47195751
Letting the faggot tranny in the group
>Constantly ranting what to call them
>What to call there char
>How they always want to be in the spotlight
>Can't do shit without having a hand held

Blah.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
my gm gave me some stats for punching with my crossguard after i asked him

i only punched things in the head with it because it was as effective as a warhammer, since i was allowed to apply my sword and two-handed skills on it (no one else noticed how op it was because none of them used a blunt weapon for comparison)

then i enchanted my zweihänder's crossguard with a "force" magic field , which i later used to push everything off the bridge on a stronghold invasion.

than i got my ass annihilated because the DM had the brains to send a bunch of pikemen after me , which shamelessly abused their reach advantage
>>
>>47196193
I'm sure everyone at the table had a great time and that's really the true test of a game, but /tg/ makes a thread villifying the kind of shit your DM was pulling every other week.
>>
>>47197478
the next campaign was ass to he honest and it really was a normally good player going full that guy (who I'm now friends with) plus a legit mary sue fucking it up with the dm playing favorites to them while me and the same buddy from my story actually tried to make interesting characters. eventually the group stopping playing and we moved on to other campaigns with different dms. I'm currently in a game ran by a friend's dad with my other buds, including the one mentioned twice before (who honestly is testing the whole groups patience. I don't mean gaming group I mean whole friend circle.) which is starting out promising.
>>
>>47195900
Moments like that is why I love my current DM. Cheesing like that doesn't always feel cheap to me. Heroes that use their (often logically unsound) wit to exploit their foes weaknesses are the best.
>>
Our DM let me play an alchemist once. More specifically, an alchemist that only knew wild magic for potion making and had no clue what any ingredient did besides mixing it with stuff.

The sheer chaos I brought to the party by mixing potions in battle was wonderful, this one time I caused a wizard's beard to gain sentience, and another time I caused a man to sweat grease so greasy he couldn't actually hold on to his weapons and wound up tripping on the ground and using it as a slip and slide.
>>
Player suicide bombs the BBEG in the original campaign. In a following campaign set a few years in the future he returns to the past using a wish and tag teams the BBEG with his original character/party.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.