[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Official MTG Snowstorm Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: FLakes.jpg (5 MB, 1802x4578) Image search: [Google]
FLakes.jpg
5 MB, 1802x4578
No longer an MTG lore thread (though lore discussion is still quite welcome), it is quite clear that this is the snowstorm thread.

Post your flakes! Write your stories! Make a grand plot worthy of Tolkien himself!

Previously on the FLAKE THREAD:

Read the books.

BY GEORGE! I think this anon is onto something!

(more than that happened but you can read the thread to find out)

Writefagging last thread:

Remes >>47147378
Torbern and Granny Swamp >>47161288
Cala >>47162147

Let me know if I missed anything.

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

NOTE! I have not updated the repo from last thread yet. I will get on it soon.

PREVIOUS THREAD: >>47142718
>>
>>47194083
READ THE BOOKS
>>
>>47194206
FIGHT ME, FUCKBOY!
>>
>>47194206
By JOVE! He's right!

I must READ THE BOOKS!!!
>>
Rolled 89, 82 = 171 (2d109)

These snowflakes love each other, but are destined to not be together.
>>
Reminder that if you fucks don't start making more flakes I will.
>>
>>47194554
Suck a dick.
>>
>>47194548
Ka and Zenri, both seek to abolish slavery but they can never be with the other apparently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1rMeYnOmM
>>
>>47194548
Kohamat and the Rock?

Good god.
>>
>>47194579
We need more flake for the flake god.
>>
>>47194632
No we don't.
The Flake God is a False God
>>
File: Bookworm.png (703 KB, 1123x853) Image search: [Google]
Bookworm.png
703 KB, 1123x853
>>47194206
>>47194494
>>47194544
>>47194554
New Flake.

READ THE BOOKS, DAMMIT.
>>
>>47194871
READ THE BOOKS
>>
Thinking about doing a new flake buy I don't know what colors.
How is black white looking?
>>
>>47196004
How about you try something more interesting and with more merit as a starting point instead of "wat colors?"
>>
>>47196004
We don't have a real Mardu colored one yet, but I recommend taking >>47196020's advice into consideration before deciding on colors.
>>
>>47196035
Yeah, I need to look at my decks and see what I'm ignoring
>>
I'm thinking about the idea of a flake who's actually really shitty as a mage. They can still planeswalk, and are a powerful warrior. What are some really piddly "basic" spells? The only thing I know for sure is they're gunna be red and have that portal spell that's one R for a sorcery that does 1 damage.
>>
>>47196134
You should make a barbarian who thinks he's a wizard, and his Searing Hands is him throwing a torch. Or his Feather Fall is him having so many hp that he lives after jumping off of a cliff. And he is entirely convinced that he's magic.
>>
>>47196185
That sounds more like a fun dnd character. I like the idea, but personally I wouldn't use it for this.
>>
So what would Mardu be where White is the dominant color to black and red
>>
>>47196273
Paranoia. Preemptive retribution. Everyone is out to get you, so you need to get them first.
White's sense of justice is the largest player here, but it is corrupted by black's inability to understand colors that don't think the way it does and red's aggression.
>>
>>47196273
>>47196476
Uncompromising justice maybe? White's whole law thing coupled with red's lack of scruples regarding other people's rules and black's desire to do whatever you need to get what you want.

Wow, I just realized that I described the punisher.
>>
Aight, so
I'm going to be putting together a factions/groups text document for future use by writefags.
Last thread people listed off the following groups:
-Nishal's group
-Diomedes's group
-Zix's group
-The buddy-cops
For those who'd like to help, I need to know the following:
Who comprises these groups?
Why do they work together?
How did they meet?
How do the members interact with each other?
Where have they worked together officially as a group, and what did they do?
Are there any other groups not listed, and if so, what are they and all the previous questions applied to them?
>>
>>47197422
Nishal and Iosha make up one group alongside Veldren and maybe Del aboard Iosha's airship. As far as I know, Diomedes works with Selenra, and Anna hangs around with Symon a lot Ship incoming in exploring the Onakke ruins. Belloski has some other flakes in his payroll, so far Murdock and at least once Cala, who fetch stuff from the multiverse for him. Wouldn't know about Zyx, though, pretty certain he doesn't READ ENOUGH BOOKS.
>>
>>47197422
One of those groups still needs to save a plane from Messenger's myr invasion.
>>
>>47198007
Why would you even want to "save" it.
>>
File: phyrexia.png (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
phyrexia.png
2 MB, 1920x1200
Reminder that your walker is shit.
>>
OP
OP
I SUMMON THEE
AS JORGE'S ANON CAN YOU DELETE HIM FOR ME?
>>
>>47196273

If we're combining end goals, peace achieved with power and freedom. The tools of "action" and "opportunity" governed by "structure."

The color of the group being affected by the two colors of the individual.

Viewing it like that, I imagine a group of people, individually beholden to each other by loyalty and absolutely no one else. Within the group, they desire the freedom to live peacefully as they see fit. Fuck with that, or any individual member of the group, and the rest of the group will drop what they're doing and each do whatever they have to to fuck your shit UP.
>>
>>47200729
No rest, no mercy, no matter what.
>>
>>47200909
There's some irony in the fact that Akroma is protected from black and red right there.
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 2114x1600
New Princess Flake!

I hope you all like her.
>>
>>47201156
Better than Astartes
>>
>>47201249
What's wrong with Astarte?
>>
>>47201156
Hello lord aeon-chan.
What's that, number fourteen now?
>>
>>47201429
You think all those people are the same just because their "format" is the same?

They are all using the basic photo editor on Apple products. Either a Mac, an iPhone, or an iPad. Try not to be an asshat.
>>
>>47201495
>you think the only calling card of Aeon-chan The Great and Powerful is using apple photo editor

Oh no, there are very specific tells for my lord and master Aeon-chan.

I only bully you because I love you, Aeon-sempai
>>
>>47201578
That's cute, but she's not Æon-kun.
>>
>>47201429
>>47201495
>>47201578
>>47201617
What's going on here?

o___o
>>
>>47201156
>Elvish Squirrel Girl

You stop this at once.
My dick can only get so erect
>>
>>47201649
You're welcome?
>>
>>47201316
What's right with Astartes
>>
>>47202285
Astarte. And she's a good flake. Leave her alone.
>>
>>47202301
I bet she never even read the books.
>>
>>47201156
That backstory is actually quite shit
>>
>>47202588
How so?
>>
File: doctorroman.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
doctorroman.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Del-anon here. Have a villain.

I'll probably write a shitty little piece for him in a bit.
>>
>>47202694
Probably because the neck breaking or fear should have been enough to ignite her spark.
>>
>>47203310
>using eldrazi as skaabs
Though I get the feeling he insists on being called by his full name. Did you think about him absconding with some oil to experiment with his stitching?
>>
>>47202694
"A mind mage fucked up my brain permanently because they didn't like me" is a stupid backstory. Like, seriously? That's it?
>>
>>47203372
I'm not all that sure, to be honest. At first, his goal was to resurrect the titans into skaabs, but I thought that sounded too cartoony.

I suppose he'd go to Zendikar or some other plane the Eldrazi were on, talk to people who know about the Eldrazi, kills said person for knowing too much, brings them back, then go find more.

He'd probably grab pieces of dead Eldrazi, or chunks of waste and bring it back to his lab. Maybe grab entire Scion/Spawn and throw them in a cage.
>>
>>47203578
there is a small problem with the scion part, being that they shrivel and die as their mothermass leaves the plane, so if you try to get one after Oath you're not going to have it for long
>>
>>47203330
Not necessarily. That's just your opinion on what should or shouldn't trigger a spark.

Teferi went through a lot of horrible things before his spark ignited.
>>
>>47203775
Do they?

Well, shit. He could always bring the corpses TO Zendikar. He's trying to create the perfect skaab, not unleash the Eldrazi.
>>
>>47203386
1) It wasn't my idea. Another flake suggested it. And I rolled with it. And yes, I actually like the idea of that. That she was such a snob that someone who could change her did change her.

But, that's not even the whole backstory. How you said it, makes it sound like it ends there.
>>
>>47203880
But anon we already managed to create the perfect skub, haven't you be reading the books threads lately?
>>
>>47203894
Not that anon, but which mind mage would fuck with the king of the findhorn elves just because he thinks his daughter is too much of a snob? Takes some high level of stupidty on the wizard's part if you ask me. It would have been finer if she was a less powerful elf, maybe an aristocrat from lorwyn. Mess with her mind, give her a scar so her people banishes her, done.
>>
>>47203910
Which books?

I've been in and out of these threads lately thanks to a broken bone.
>>
>>47204009
Some anon kept pretending akroma was in the whole time spiral trilogy and screamed "read the books, you didn't read the books" to everyone who took the bait. In short, low level trolling that spawned an internal /flakes/ meme, nothing important.
>>
>>47203967
This, again, is all your perception. Just because you feel that someone should or shouldn't or would or wouldn't act a certain way doesn't mean they will or won't do it anyway.

Different people do different things.

Look at Sleeping Beauty for example. A witch fucks with a princess' well being all because she doesn't like the King.

Now, mind mages in general tend to be a bit out of their minds to begin with. They don't typically see things the same as normal people do. Their reasoning tends to be a bit more unorthodox and bold. So, yeah. A mind mage didn't like the way she was treating people, so he changed how she thinks.

To me, the mind mage wouldn't care if she's a princess or a hobo.

But, that is entirely my perspective.
>>
>>47204067
Did he say that she was in it?

Because as I recall, he just kept saying read the books. You asked what books. And he picked them out.

I don't ever remember him actually saying Akroma was in them though.
>>
>>47204285
The whole argument was about akroma being in time spiral. I read those, and akroma isn't in time spiral, as every other anon knows. Can we please stop this before it starts again? Itwas not fun for anyone.
And i did not ask anything, i just read it toward the end and shit, that was some shitposting. Made the last thread unbearable.
>>
>>47204268
I would argue that you are basing your argument upon a fairy tail for children, which has to be extremely simple by default. None says you can't, though.
>>
>>47204320
I'm pretty sure the only thing he said was that Akroma was in six books. Which I guess is wrong. I wouldn't know. I only know her to be in two and mentioned in Scourge.

But, he never actually said she was in the Time Spiral books. He just told you to read them. Probably to get you off his back and to stop shitposting.

But, that's just my take on it.
>>
>>47204361
Again, it were several anons, i just caught the tail of it. He cited the scourge and time spiral trilogy as having akroma, and kept accusing anons of not having read the books when they called him wrong, but whatever. Thankfully everything ended and there is no reason to dig it back again.
>>
>>47204361
He directly claimed that Akroma was in the Time Spiral Trilogy, that those were three of the six books that she was in, and when asked to explain what she did there only responded with 'read the books'
>>
>>47203967
To be fair, the king could have been pleased with the results until she seemingly died during a frolic
>>
>>47204419
>>47205463
Go back and read his posts. He actually didn't say that she was in them at all.

I think he was just leading you in circles.
>>
>>47204268
>Now, mind mages in general tend to be a bit out of their minds to begin with. They don't typically see things the same as normal people do. Their reasoning tends to be a bit more unorthodox and bold

Source?
I don't see why mind mages have to be by and large lolrandumb, petty, evil fucks.
>>
>>47203894
It's the most unsatisfying and stupid backstory I have ever seen. It's built completely around circumventing character growth. I don't care if it was your idea or not and I don't see how that's relevant. I'm saying it's stupid.
>>
>>47206147
I haven't seen a mind Mage that isn't eccentric, absent minded, and cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Except maybe Jace. But, he's a bitch. And bitches don't get counted.
>>
>>47206226
Are you really suggesting that blue users are insane by default?
>>
>>47206304
Everyone is crazy to some extent. But, it's a very common theme amongst blue users to be at least a little out of their mind.
>>
>>47206191
If you say so. I tell you what, I'll come up with a character type/model and you provide an intriguing background for them. And you can show me what a good writer you are.

Up to the challenge?
>>
>>47206372
I could give it a shot. Not promising it'll be much better; you don't have to be a chef to tell when a meal is overcooked shit.
>>
>>47206420
I thought you were saying it was undercooked. >__>

Might be hard to judge food if you got no taste.

But, all jokes aside. I'll type up a basis.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2114x1600
>>47206420
Done. Here you go friendo. I really do hope you wrote something great.

Good luck anon and godpseed.
>>
>>47207035
*write
Not wrote.
>>
>>47207035
Hrm, making ravnica the home plane AND favorite plane makes it a bit more tough, but I'll write something after dinner.
>>
>>47207317
Sometimes it fits the personality though. No place like home, right?

I almost made it Tarkir though.
>>
Kinda shitty, awkward mix of story/background blurb incoming. I can't condense so I couldn't do a bare bones background but I don't have access to a computer with Internet this week so I had to type it all up on an old tiny phone.
This is the true price of mobile shitposting.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47207035

Born to wealthy parents who had managed the climb to success within the Orzhov without resorting to even a single year of service after death, Raoki and her two older sisters grew up not knowing want. Raoki was free to explore the streets and purchase whatever caught her eye.

The only work required of her, eventually, was the entry level Orzhov official task of collecting more mundane debts. It was during this time that Raoki began to question her place in life, and how she had been born at the top while most of the people she came into contact with were worked to the bone with little to their name. The now young woman began putting her own funds into the guild's pockets in place of what her targets could not afford, or collecting a few days later when she could get away with it. This earned Raoki a sympathetic reputation with both skeevy lowlifes and earnest downtrodden alike, but also the ire of those above her, including her parents and sisters. Her reputation due to these secret niceties was that of a lazy collector destined to debt in the afterlife.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47208775

In an attempt to scare her straight, her parents left her a small allotment (that she was expected to repay, with interest) and kicked out of her home and relieved of her duties with the guild, until she decided to come back and be willing to devote herself to the guild and her success, instead of mingling with the lesser chaff and not keeping track of her collection amounts and dates correctly. Raoki's seed of resentment for her family and her guild had only grown over time as she learned of the Orzhov's practices and what life was like for many guildless under their thumb. She accepted the banishment happily, not expecting to return.

Life was tough on the streets of Ravnica, but Raoki had made connections of her own. The attic of a Rakdos pleasure den addict's small shack. A back alley patrolled by a band of homeless ex-Izzet chemisters with prices on their heads. A dank chamber open to those who depended on handouts by a group of Golgari rot farmers. All these were Raoki's home as her money quickly disappeared to aid others.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 223x310
>>47208811

The trusting woman did not discern whom she gave to, nor did she make her origins a secret. However, she kept safe in the dangerous back alleys and undercity slums through her skill with death magic, perhaps the only thing she'd learned in her former life that stuck. But she could still be taken advantage of in other ways. A band of generous rot farmers she had come to admire approached her with a proposition: why not up the scale of her generosity? If Raoki could get them into her family's manor without triggering the alarm wards, they could make out with enough wealth to provide for the less fortunate for years. A redistribution of wealth was in order, if Raoki could help them. But while the young woman was skilled with death magic, she had never managed to get the hang of law magic and disenchantments. Raoki didn't notice the murderous leers on their faces before explaining that she could still enter her home herself, and get a charm to allow her small skill with law magic to allow a group sanctioned passage through the wards.

Creeping through her home in the night, Raoki was reminded how much she stuck out now. In common clothes filthy with grime and a dark cloak, she stood out against the opulence of her family's mansion. Her old quarters were just as she left them, and beginning to leave with allowance charm in hand, Raoki was met by her eldest sister. A satisfied smirk on her face, the ambitious and now high ranking Orzhov member tried to murder Raoki. A blade of shadow slashed across Raoki's throat, and in a bloodshot haze everything began to sink into black. It was like she was dripping down into filth and muck, sinking deep somewhere else...
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>47208835

Raoki had planeswalked for the first time, to exactly where she needed to go. An isolated apothecary in a small hut in the forest of a plane she never returned to or learned the name of, Raoki was pulled back from the brink of death. Only after healing for weeks did she realize she had clutched the charm in her hands as she blinked away from that reality.

When Raoki returned to Ravnica, she overheard the rot farmer thugs from a dark, damp corner nearby. They were talking about her. Or, more, her disappearance and what a shame it was that they couldn't get into her home with "the others" and break down the whole district into rotting ruin out of spite. Raoki now knew their intentions, but was a different person than she was before. Stepping out of the shadows and holding the amulet, she told her new brothers and sisters that she was ready to make those Orzhov decadents pay.

so I managed to make an unlikable character with a rushed half-story but oh well. I learned what helps me write well from this at least. Generic golgari lady was really challenging for me.
>>
>>47208775
>>47208811
>>47208835
This won't fit in a profile.

The reason that my short story is lacking is because it can o it be a short briefing. And not a full discriptive story.

You cannot compare the two in quality.
>>
>>47208900
I didn't have a problem with the story part of the background. I only ever mentioned the mind mage thing because that's what I thought was stupid.
>>
>>47208900
To clarify, I didn't really mean to write a story and as a story it's not that good because it's lacking in the in depth description a true story should have.
It was the basic concept of the mind mage completely and permanently altering a person because she was a bitch, and that being the basis for a flake, that I really don't like. The concept part. I didn't find it "lacking" in anything else.
>>
Xaniphe shivered at the horrible weather of kaldheim. she cupped her hands that soon were full of snow. she looked the crystals of ice in her hands for a while, until her eyes began glowing blue. she saw sahdowy figures in each snowflake, each one parts of something bigger, somenthing wirder, something HORRIBLE.

She was puzzled. shi could not understand what se was seeing. some kind of darkness... under the ice, buried deep. what could possibly be that thing?

she made a last effort, using the mana that she had left she infused the ice with more power. then she heard it
Its dreaming, not dead
She shivered again, but this time it was not for the cold
>>
>>47209131
Sorry for my ungut english
>>
>>47209110
You don't think that a good hearted or even spiteful mage would alter someone's personality for the better? Just to be doing it?
>>
>>47209178
Not really, especially permanently.
The biggest thing with a permanent mind alteration is that, for a character, it's just boring.
>>
>>47209051
>>47209110
It seems to me that you think that every mind mage thinks the same and would act the same. Like they don't have a mind that differs from any other mind mage. Do you think that every stereotype has no distinctive individuality? No thought being anything different than the next mind mage?
>>
>>47209292
Of course not. That's silly.
But a character who's been forcibly completely changed and then is happy with that change and doesn't devote any thought to their former self just isn't worth telling a story about. Like, they have no character arc. It's such a bad origin. "I was mean but then I wasn't because magic and now I'm happy." If you're going to focus on who they are after the permanent brain change, why even include who they were before?

Now, if the mind mage temporarily changed how they think, and then after reverting they still had all their memories, that would be interesting. They would consciously have to reflect on who they are now after having an experience like that. Rather than "a wave of a magic wand and everything is fixed."
It doesnt lead to interesting stories. Or any interesting stories would work just as well with a character who didn't get brain fucked into obedience with what that mind mage wanted them to be.
>>
For snowflakes, do you like to match your pictures to their color identity?
>>
>>47209551
That's how card art handles it, so I like trying to do it. It looks nice.
>>
File: 1453262656394.jpg (76 KB, 640x606) Image search: [Google]
1453262656394.jpg
76 KB, 640x606
First ever time writefagging
please be gentle
http://pastebin.com/esNwFfMK
>>
>>47209936
>that last bit
damn
>>
>>47209936
Cool
>>
>>47209551
Very much so. A lot of the time I actually think up a character's color identity based around the art first.
>>
So how about this for a Mardu Colored Walker
He spent much of his life as a criminal and was locked up for some violent crimes
close to a decade* later he gets out and goes back to his city where he finds everything has gone to shit because the new criminals are just a bunch of ruthless cunts. He teamed up with a guard captain he used to run with and one of his old friends to put the new generation of criminals in their place and teach them their place. He fucks a lot of them up before being betrayed by the Guard Captain who wanted control of the entire city's underworld, ends up breaking out of prison and going to his friend's house so they can all get the fuck out of dodge.
At his friend's house, he finds that his friend and the friend's family murdered. He hears guards outside and his rage causes his spark to ignite, flinging him to Otaria where he is found by a group that worships the dead angel Akroma. After learning how to planeswalk from another walker at the temple, he goes back to his homeplane for revenge.
He ends up wiping out much of the guard force and crime families through judicious use of explosive artifacts. He is confronted by the other planeswalker from the temple and accepts the offer to join the Knights of Akroma and dispense justice throughout the multiverse in her name. His story ends with him taking the oath.
"No Rest, No Mercy, No Matter What."
36 seasons to be precise
>>
>>47210579
Bueller? Bueller?
>>
>>47210774
Did you read the books?
>>
>>47210863
No, I am illiterate.
Does this contradict something that happened in the books or are we meme slinging again.
>>
>>47211012
You'd know if it was contradicting or just meme slinging if you'd read the books.
IIRC, Otaria's lifeless by the time of Time Spiral due to the Otarian Rift, but I could be wrong because I didn't read Time Spiral and friends. And that doesn't stop people leaving Otaria and coming back - especially those who'd make Memorials to her, they'd want to resettle where she was active.
>>
>>47211171
So you're saying *you* didn't read the books?
>>
>>47211198
I'm saying YOU need to read the books. My having read the books is irrelevant, because only people attempting to reference Akroma need read the books, but they must read the books themselves because no other source is valid, therefore they must read the books.
Read the books read the books read the books read the books.
>>
File: Snowflake Mirabelle.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Snowflake Mirabelle.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Mind your manners, anons. Even if it is an argument that's warped around to become an in-joke at this point.
>>
>>47211226
I knew Otaria was lifeless but I figured they would have come back to build something dedicated to Akroma. Maybe staying in the hellhole is a way to remind themselves that their work isn't done.
Maybe Otaria has healed in the 60 years since the mending.
>>
>>47211272
That's what I was getting at, yeah. Turn the lifeless hellhole into a paradise suitable for Lady Akroma, and a base of operations from which to strike out and deliver JUSTICE in her signature, oft-quoted fashion.
>>
>>47211346
One day they hear of a necromancer who has been summoning a copy of Akroma for his vile deeds so they send their newest member to bring the necromancer to justice.
>>
>>47211412
He's not a necromancer, he's a Reanimator and he summons his summons from the ground.

Get it right.
>>
>>47209429
You're not a smart guy, huh? I have a limited amount of space to type in. Just because I post a briefing, doesn't mean that's the end all be all. Sure, I could going into much more detail and build it up to be better written, but it would end up being seven or more full posts rather than those two little boxes.
>>
>>47214065
Not them, but you can make multiple posts, and this thread is pretty much dead otherwise, and I'm curious to see what points and details you'd expand on using more space, so please do make the "end all be all" version of your argument.
>>
>>47212148
So, let me get this straight. You hate on other people's flakes for no damn reason for things that are pretty irrelevant, correct? Have you ever even posted a flake? Because all I see you ever do is bitch about other anon's flakes.
>>
>>47214198
Will do after work. :)
>>
>>47212148
Is there a book I was supposed to have read?
>>
So if the flake new someone well enough, they could summon a legendary version of that person?
>>
>>47215360
A is a stigma that some guy keeps saying is required if you summon a legendary creature.

There is actually no source for this. In fact, Kiora summoned Lorthos without ever meeting him prior to her summoning him.

But, I would agree that if you are making a duplicate of a legendary creature, you'd at least need to have seen them before. Beyond just seeing them though? Probably not anything more than that.
>>
>>47215446
^That is a stigma
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2114x1600
New flake. I'm going to intergrate him into an epic storyline with a team of goodie flakes pitted against a team of evil flakes.
>>
>>47215459
I'm not saying a canon legend, but if you had a waifu, you could summon a copy of her that was effectively legendary, right?
>>
>>47215473
Yes. Any singularly specific creature that is summoned is legendary. A non-legendary creature is "I summon a Llanowar Elf" and a random one is made or brought to you. Which could be any Llanowar Elf and not a specific one.

I hope that makes sense.
>>
>>47214602
Yes, there's all sorts of books about Reanimators summoning their summons from the ground. It's very nuanced though, I doubt you'd get it.
>>
>>47215616
Stop shitposting.
>>
>>47215749
Or what, you'll summon a book out of the ground and tell me to read it?
>>
>>47215823
I bet you wonder why your friends sometimes don't invite you to things.

Just start being nice to people, man. It's not that difficult. People make mistakes. People say dumb things. You don't have to drag shit out or insult them.

Just... Be nice. It goes a long way to show how good of a person you can be.
>>
>>47215853
>not shitposting on a Vorthos bookreading website

I can't just summon niceness out of the ground like Vronak summons his summons of Akroma out of the ground.
>>
>>47215900
You don't have friends at all, do you? Ever wonder why? It's because you act like this even when you're wrong. You're dragging out shit from how long ago? Weeks? And still bitching about it. Grow up kid. Take a shower. Move out of your parents' house. Get a job. And do something with yourself. Because this, right here, the way you are acting... Isn't benefiting you what so ever.

Now, would you kindly stop shitposting.
>>
>>47215936
I don't know, it makes me giggle a little bit, I'd say that's pretty beneficial. Not as beneficial as being a Reanimator capable of summoning humour out of the ground though.
>>
So with the reveal that Myr have souls (I guess? They create themselves and have real personalities, I don't know what counts as a "soul" to the multiverse) does Messengmyr-anon plan on changing his bio or aging him? Does canon lore even matter, or is his story gonna stay in its already really cool place?
>>
File: 541_ironmyr_mrd.jpg (104 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
541_ironmyr_mrd.jpg
104 KB, 620x451
>>47216124
Excuse me what? I'm Messengeranon and I have heard nothing about that before.
>>
>>47216408
In the newest UR post Tamiyo tells a story about how one repairmyr created an "incomplete" myr which kept propagating incomplete myrs, which eventually somehow gave them personality/culture(the ability to look back at that moment as their true birth as a species, the ability to question which myr was the 'first' myr, etc.)
>>
File: walk.jpg (282 KB, 1500x523) Image search: [Google]
walk.jpg
282 KB, 1500x523
>>47216562
You happen to have a link for that? Messenger most likely wont change since it was created before these actually sentient myrs were a thing, unless of course these new myr somehow were retconned into being a thing before New Phyrexia settled in to Mirrodin.
>>
>>47216408
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/stories-and-endings-2016-05-11

I THINK that it would happen before Mirrodin Beseiged, because Tamiyo had to go there to get the story and no planeswalkers go there after NP because they might get found and reveal the planeswalking secret to the phyrexians
>>
>>47215470
Hey Aeon-chan!
>>
File: myr_tokens_by_kayfedewa-d4uf28c.jpg (139 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
myr_tokens_by_kayfedewa-d4uf28c.jpg
139 KB, 1296x728
>>47216694
The writing of that short story is eerily close, considering how new Messenger as a flake is. Perhaps someone at Wizards happened to see Messenger and liked it, thus making this story to make it less lore ravaging? Of course not but the timing is just hilarious.

Either way, I dont see the need to change Messenger, even if this is an interesting new part of the lore. In my mind, Messenger just was created before these "incomplete" myr were being made, or at the same time. Its creation time becomes very narrow since it obviously couldnt have been alive during Memnarch's reign either. Anyway, it would be interesting to have Messenger come across a city of myr that are more like living creatures than it itself is. Not going to happen due to New Phyrexia but a funny idea.
>>
>>47216835
Having a soul is just one prerequisite for having a spark. Angels have souls. Karn's always had a soul. They still can't have sparks (without people giving them to them)
And I seriously doubt anyone at Wizards frequents these threads in the least, especially anyone in Creative. Just like how Design can't view unsolicited card designs, Creative can't view unsolicited story ideas.
>>
>>47217009
Well, we will know if Jace and Tamiyo get into a fight about reading her journal.
>>
File: Myr5.jpg (74 KB, 575x311) Image search: [Google]
Myr5.jpg
74 KB, 575x311
>>47217009
I like how you completely ignore how my suggestion about Wizards writers visiting this thread was a joke. You seemingly know with absolute certainty though what are the requirements for a spark, so you should share them, I am pretty sure flake makers in these threads would benefit from having 100% strict guidelines.
>>
>>47215470
>Prophecy that a Soratami would bring the whole multiverse together

Dropped. Planeswalkers try very hard to cover up what they do because it's incomprehensible to other beings. I don't care how much knowledge that the Soratami gather, the planes are too separated for any prophet to become aware of something that far removed from their own reality.
>>
>>47217009
Karn never had a soul. He was given his spark by Urza. And then again by Venser. So, technically he has two planeswalker sparks.
>>
>>47217583
Almost accurate. When the Mightstone and the Weakstone were taken from Urza's head and placed into Karn in order to set off the Legacy Weapon, Karn became a planeswalker as the result of having those artifacts. Venser's sacrifice gave him a Spark in the more traditional sense.
>>
>>47217403
This seems like two different conversations in one paragraph.

1) The prophecy says nothing about Planeswalkers.

2) Planeswalkers have nothing to do with and no say-so in a prophecy made by non-walkers.

3) The Soratami are quite aware of the multiverse. If they know that it exists, an oracle can perceive a theorized future concerning them.

4) You seem to think that no one can have a prophecy without Planeswalkers knowing about it. And somehow that Planeswalkers somehow have the ability to stop prophecies from being made if it concerns themselves.

5) Dtop being dumb.
>>
>>47217634
Well, they weren't "taken" from Urza as much as he give them up and sacrificed his own life to give the Coalition a chance to defeat the Phyrexians. And Urza's spark went with him, as it was inside the Mightstone. As well as Glacian's spark was inside the Weakstone. Though, Glacian's spark was not ignited. And doubtful that it can ever ignite now that it's in an artifact.
>>
>>47217583
He had a soul, via Xancha's heartstone.
>>
>>47218261
I thought it only had Xancha's mind. I didn't know it had her soul as well. Nifty.
>>
>>47218103
>5) Dtop being dumb.
Way to trip at the finish line, m8.

I am, however, curious about this line
>3) The Soratami are quite aware of the multiverse
And will ask you to source it.
>>
>>47218404
What do you think Tamiyo's entire job is?
>>
>>47218727
Being a qtpa2t
>>
>>47219403
That... That is just no good.
>>
>>47221234
Gaaaaay
>>
>>47215470
Glad to see we got another unglued walker
>>
>>47221643
You want an unglued flake? I'll make one that's Chillbrass' cockdaddy.
>>
Anyone have a good idea for a Blue planeswalker?
I have an idea, some colors and junk but I can't seem to find an interesting Blue race or plane for them to come from....
>>
>>47221643
see>>47194871
>>
>>47221990
Merfolk.
Human Illusionist.
Clones.
Artifact Affinity.
>>
>>47221990
I haven't seen a Vedalken walker. Don't know why not, buy that would be pretty neat
>>
>>47222689
>Kiora
>Jace, Venser
>>
>>47222741
Also Tezzeret!
>>
>>47221990
Mono blue?
>>
>>47222707
Vendalken creep me out; its the one race that I've been trying to avoid.
>>
>>47222816
make a vedalken horror mage
>>
So I'm making a 'flake and I'm wondering- for "preferred spells" is it considered better form to use spells that correspond to their preferred decks or go for flavor over function?
>>
>>47222707
There is one Vedalken flake.
>>
>>47222995
Either is acceptable. It just depends on what route you go.

If it's a tribal themed character, Merfolk, Goblin, Soldier, Illusionist, then go for flavor.

If it's a practical themed character, then go for card synergy.
>>
>>47222936
Blue horror mage.... so something along the lines of Ashiok?

Besides that wouldn't really have the colors I want to use. I'm intending to make someone who will eventually end up being Temur colors. They start off pure blue (showcasing a lot of the negative traits associated with the color) and with the addition of R/G they end up being a slightly better person.
>>
>>47223096
He's the Nightmare Mage.
>>
>>47221990
UR artificer that is super swole and smiths artifacts using his bare hands from hunks of metal
>>
>>47223096
There are only negative traits with blue.
>>
>>47214065
Holy shit you don't understand what the issue is.
But since you're now at the point of just calling people dumb without saying anything, it's safe to ignore anything you have to say.
No amount of extra writing will fix the retarded premise you decided to use for that flake.
>>
>>47223158
That's not entirely true.
I feel like left on it's own Blue is a terrible color capable of great and terrible things, but when mixed with another color it can turn out good or bad.
>>
>>47223233
Yep. You are nothing but a Debby Downsyndrome... I'm sorry, Debby Downer.

There is nothing wrong with the premise of character's creation. She made a good character and you are just shitting all over it as if you think she is myself.

Now, stop shitposting.
>>
>>47223267
I agree with this.
>>
>>47222995
Flavor over function every time.
>>
>>47223362
Eh the only color I don't think it is possible to get a "good" functional person out of is Black.
The jerkiness is just too strong in that color.
>>
Does this thread have an opinion on Snowflakes who were once oldwalkers? (assuming they became powered-down after The Mending of course)
>>
>>47223544
It's one of many black marks against a snowflake. It's not absolutely snowflake-destroying on its own but combined with some other problematic traits, it quickly leads to a Vronak-tier flake.
>>
>>47223544
There's too many of them, goddamn.
And yeah, all oldwalkers are now neowalkers, same as every other planeswalker.
>>
>>47223544
>>47223620

They are just neowalkers now, so I don't see the issue.
>>
>>47223620
>>47223640

I had an idea for an oldwalker who created an artificial plane that subsequently fell into near-immediate collapse after he lost most of his powers with The Mending, and who is now seeking new forms of magic to craft worlds. Think that's overkill?
>>
>>47223620
Again with your shitposting. Give it up and just buy some prep h for your swole asshole.
>>
>>47223668
But they had near-omnipotence as an oldwalker and you need to explain why they never used that power to do anything that helped shape the pre-Mending Multiverse.
>>
>>47223544
There are a few oldwalker flakes. If you want to make one, then so be it. Pay no mind to >>47223620 as he is a shitposter who shits on everyone. Don't let anyone stifle your creativity. As long as it's a good character, no one will care if it was a pre-mending walker or not.
>>
>>47223689
It's not bad. We haven't had a flake like that thus far. I say run with it.
>>
>>47223710
Do I need to read the books to apply it?
>>
>>47223710
>>47223747
People are allowed to not like something you made, say they don't like something you made and use something you made as an example of what they think is bad.

Stop being so sensitive about what amounts to fanfiction.
>>
>>47223776
Except, this time it's not a mark against a flake I made. He is doing it to others as well. And it's only going to drive others away from creating flakes.

And this is not an affect that I desire to see persued.
>>
>>47223776
More than one person, at that!
>>
>>47223836
And your shitposting drove me away from updating the snowstorm. I've lost interest in this project entirely because of you and your creations. If I can prevent other people from creating snowflakes similar to yours though, I shall, as I consider your creations to be good examples of terribly written fanfiction characters.
>>
>>47223921
Again with your shitposting. You aren't Flake-Anon. You're just a sad fat sack of shitposting that made Chillbrass and one other flake that no one recalls.

Have fun with life kid. It's going to be hard for you.
>>
File: Sydhar.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Sydhar.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>47223760

Well, here's a first pass. Hopefully it's not a big offender.
>>
>>47223987
It is not bad at all. I dig the spells list, too.
>>
>>47223987
I like it very much. Good job.
>>
>>47223984
There is more than one person that dislike Vronak.
>>
>>47224088
Except I'm not talking about vronak or his creator.
>>
>>47224014
>>47224047

That's a relief. I wanted to squeeze in a few more spells from those decklists but I like it better with the cohesive theme.

So does the Keeper of the Snowflakes just do his rounds now and then and this gets added into the repository? I kinda wanna write something with him now.
>>
>>47223354

Actually I'm shitting all over it because it's a stupid origin for a character.
It's neat to see how triggered you get over someone not liking them though, throwing out cute little insults with fucking ellipses. Someone hates that character, get over it.

>shitposting
Sorry to invade your safe space lol.
>>
>>47223836
You're right, someone not making another flake would be the worst. We always need more flakes :^)
>>
>>47223984
>all the posts that I don't like are made by one person.
>>
>>47224620
We don't need flakes made for the sake of making flakes. That's why we've got 120+ already
>>
>>47224692
What color combination has the least amount of flakes? I think we need to bulk up the roster, and color combination is the perfect place to start for writing an interesting character who stands out.
>>
>>47223640
Isn't coma wife technically still pre-mending?

Is she the only one?
>>
>>47224468
That's the consensus.
>>
>>47224692
>>47224682
>>47224620
Samefagging this hard.

I'm just going to ignore you from now on.
>>
>>47223689
>>47223760
But we did have a flake that made an artificial plane already. Still, I wouldn't mind another one.
>>47223987
Oh, you already made him. Welp, there ya go.
>>
File: 447fe48ac1[1].png (5 KB, 330x135) Image search: [Google]
447fe48ac1[1].png
5 KB, 330x135
>>47224796
Samest of fags.
>>
>>47224796
You're seriously that paranoid? Wow.
>>
>>47224796
If you'll note, two of those are within thirty seconds of one another.
>>
>>47224743
Speaking of coma wife, are we ever going to get the next installment of Worldbuilder Teatime?

And did Zix anon, Will anon, Symon anon, and Anna anon die?
>>
>>47223689
This reminds me of some threads I was participating in a couple months ago. Making an artificial plane. We ended up with a plane that was slowly fading away as its creator was dieing of old age.
>>
File: no u.png (5 KB, 330x135) Image search: [Google]
no u.png
5 KB, 330x135
>>47224859

sure thing, your MSpaint skills sure showed me!
>>
>>47225998
So after getting BTFO you're just devolving into throwing a baby tantrum?
>>
>>47226276
Apparently they are
>>
>>47225022
I have no idea. I miss the old writefagging. Though there are a good number of cool new writefriends, too.

Still, I miss that story.
>>
>>47225998
Good job of ignoring the people you said you were going to ignore.
>>
>>47225022
Anna anon here, I'm not dead but Skyrim, Work, Games, and shit have cut into my writing time
>>
>>47225022
Narimi-anon said he/she had a lot of work to do this week. I'm just being patient with it.
>>
>>47197656
Cala-Anon here. I don't consider her bound to any one group (or at least that she doesn't consider herself to be), but am open to the concept that certain people might enlist her help multiple times. She's very much chaotic neutral (with a somewhat destructive streak as a result of being part devil).
>>
Can someone explain Mardu to me? I just don't see how RB gets along with W.
>>
>>47228872
basically all the ideas of white that one could attribute to knights, liberators and glory seekers are the ideas of white present in the Mardu, turning the "ARRRRG" of red into the "RAH, RAH" of white/red
>>
>>47226276
>>47226283
That wasn't me. I had already went to sleep.
>>
>>47226743
Also, wasn't me.
>>
>>47230127
>>47226743
Ladies, please. You are all beautiful.

Let's go back to talking about flakes.
>>
>>47226523
I don't.
>>
>>47233644
Really? Not even Zix?

Also, does anyone have the full pic of Selenra? I need it for reasons.
>>
File: ylia.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
ylia.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Just an idea that came to me as I was falling asleep last night. Dunno if it's particularly good.

Though now I'm curious as to which Guild has produced the most Ravnican expat flakes.
>>
>>47235390
She's cute
>>
>>47233963
Zix was ok. Never been fond of time travel
>>
>>47238582
Yeah, but Will was only part of the story. I mean all of the other bits of the story.
>>
>>47240829
I glossed over all the bit's involving gaea
>>
>>47240850
and by glossed, I didn't read but a few words.
>>
Anna encountered Eustace and Marion shortly afterwards “Have you been having a good time?” Marion asked her while the two of them were carrying packages, Eustace grumbled something about dilly dallying.
“I did, got my picture drawn, and I went ahead to the wizard with Peter to see if he knew me,” she said and took a package from Marion to lighten her load. She knew that they had planned on going to the wizard together, but things happened rather fast with the baker/potter.
“Well,” Marion sounded somewhat disappointed but picked herself up, “I'm glad you found a friend. Come now, we can find a courier and get back to the farm before Eustace becomes a pumpkin.”
“Bah,” the old man responded, “we could've been out of here already.”
“Tell us about Peter, dear.” Marion prompted as they were all walking together Eustace staying in the back so they wouldn't take up so much room.
“Well, he's the potter's son,” she started off.
“I don't like him,” Eustace interjected.
“Eustace!” Marion looked back at him and wagged her finger. “Peter is a perfectly nice young boy.”
“I don't trust a man who's always trying to change himself,” Eustace spat on the ground, “I'm a farmer and so was my father and his father. He should just learn how to be a potter.”
“Traditions have to start somewhere, Eustace. Maybe he'll be a good baker and then we can get cheap bread.” Marion reminded him, Anna wondered why she mentioned cheap bread, was she planning on setting the two of them up?
“If the rolls I had today were any indication, not terribly likely,” Anna told Marion, not mentioning that she had knocked them to the ground first.
“That land has been in my family for four generations!” Eustace continued protesting the life choices of Peter. “He's going to throw away his father's legacy because it's too hard for him.”
Is this a green sentiment on Eustace's part? I was just wondering for my writing.
>>
>>47240909
It wasn't bad. For a domain oldwalker, it wasn't too bad at all.
>>
>>47241730
It was the wankery around it honestly.
>>
What color is DOOM guy? Does he have enough of a character?
>>
>>47243923
He's one-dimensional but that's still enough to be easily slotted into one color and that color is red as fuck.

Be angry and do nothing but kill stuff through damage. How is that not red?
>>
>>47243969
>Sorin kills Avacyn
>Now Innistrad is defenseless
>Or it would be, if not for one exceptionally angry Cathar.
>>
>>47242824
Which wankery? Was it the shipping everyone kept doing?

I'm sorry, I'm terribly tired. So my brain is not working right.
>>
>>47244876
I kind of like the tragedy of it, but between William being a time traveler and Gaea being from middle earth, it wasn't that great.
>>
>>47244966
>Gaea being from middle earth
And this is a problem why????
>>
>>47245280
Because Middle Earth isn't part of the Multiverse. It's supposed to be Earth's ancient history, so it can't be in Magic since Earth isn't a part of it.
>>
File: doomcover.jpg (297 KB, 1000x1372) Image search: [Google]
doomcover.jpg
297 KB, 1000x1372
>>47244724
That sounds like the best protagonist ever.

>Cathar on a pile of zombies, horrors, horror zombies, and angels, shooting a clamoring skaab in the face.
>In the background, another shittier cathar runs towards him, saying "NO, NO, THOSE ARE TOWNSFOLK"
>>
>>47244724
>one angry CATHAR
>not one DIOMEDES
>>
File: Picture15.png (176 KB, 287x230) Image search: [Google]
Picture15.png
176 KB, 287x230
>>47244724
>>47245665
>>
>>47245708
DIOMEDES ain't shit compared to a Cathar who lost his pet bunny.
>>
File: Diorach.png (2 MB, 1558x1237) Image search: [Google]
Diorach.png
2 MB, 1558x1237
I did a thing. Don't cut yourself on the edge.
>>
>>47246741
>read bio
Well I knida don't like the writing style, too many short periods; but so far it is on par with how Lorwyn elves work anyway-
>see equip
Ohw ohw ohw, fuck man, I am bleeding all over your sheet, keep that edge sheathed son!
>>
>>47246741
>disfigure
I see what you did there...
>>
>>47245337
Middle Earth isn't Earth from long ago.
>>
File: 1460149327361.gif (179 KB, 540x336) Image search: [Google]
1460149327361.gif
179 KB, 540x336
>>47247099
Ah shit I try not to do run-ons so it just kind of ends up like that. Scythe is there because the character art has one. I thought it was appropriate.

>>47247784
>>
>>47247980
It was just a joke man, since people see scythes and go "oh fuck scythe edgy ow the edge let me spam my Sonic folder".
>>
>>47247861
This is from Tolkien
‘Middle-earth’, by the way, is not a name of a never-never land without relation to the world we live in (like the Mercury of Eddison). It is just a use of Middle English middel-erde (or erthe), altered from Old English Middangeard: the name for the inhabited lands of Men ‘between the seas'. And though I have not attempted to relate the shape of the mountains and land-masses to what geologists may say or surmise about the nearer past, imaginatively this ‘history’ is supposed to take place in a period of the actual Old World of this planet.
Letter #165
>>
>>47245337
1, this is a flake thread
2, Middle Earth isn't Earth long ago
3, Anyone who knows Middle Earth lore enough to call the world Ea or Arda is ok in my book.
4, Anon said it was a carbon copy of ME for reasons and wasn't taking the flake thread too seriously at the time.
>>
>>47245337
Why can't an anon make a flake from Middle Earth? And honestly, who cares?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.