[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a dice game and I'm looking for places to show i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Wyrm Dice Small.jpg (132 KB, 412x600) Image search: [Google]
Wyrm Dice Small.jpg
132 KB, 412x600
I made a dice game and I'm looking for places to show it without being chased with pitchforks. Be gentle.

https://www.thegamecrafter.com/games/wyrm-dice
>>
File: C&C.jpg (75 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
C&C.jpg
75 KB, 250x250
>>47187401
>when i want rational, adult discourse
>my first thought is
>4chan
>>
File: 1303139064446.gif (179 KB, 1616x1052) Image search: [Google]
1303139064446.gif
179 KB, 1616x1052
>>47187401
I'm a bit busy pushing pixels but I'll try to take a look later. I can't guarantee I'll give you feedback though.
We do have a game design thread here from time to time. You might get more replies posting there.
>>
>>47187401
>buy for $14.99

Post a pdf or get the fuck out
>>
I love dice and dice games, so I'll bite.

Immediately, before I even got to the game, I was mad.

>blank dice with stickers you apply to the dice itself

Beyond triggered. I realize this was probably to keep costs down, but good god.

Anyways, on to the rules.

There's a constant spelling error. Instead of "Lose turn", you put "Loose turn". Even when describing it in the example paragraph, you put "you loose the turn" for some reason, and later on the Venture explanation "looses one investment", "looses them all", etc.

Second problem.

In Wyrm Quest :

>rolling two rubies is big treasure
>rolling three rubies is lose the turn, because the rules state that any combination not shown there is a "lose the turn" combination

But why

This makes no sense. It's harder to roll 3 rubies, and there's nothing to show for it.

I guess it's changed again in Hidden Snakes, but slightly odd.

My opinion : Venture is the most interesting game. Wyrm Quest is literally brainless "roll and hope for the best". Hidden Snakes is too similar to another (better) game called Liar's Dice, and forcing it to be a paired game rather than an open table game hurts it. If you could rework the rules so that it functions fine at a multiplayer table, it'd be more interesting.

Venture, on the other hand, is kind of cool. There's actually a few valid strategies to win, and still a fair amount of randomness in the dice. I'd probably try to develop Venture more into a full fledged game and add a little more spice to it.

I tried to be gentle but I'm kind of a dick, so take it as you will.
>>
OP is kill
>>
>>47187401
...have you heard of the game Crown and Anchor?
>>
>>47191992
No I 'm not. I just went to sleep.
>>47193217
I played it. It is pure gambling game with a big house edge.
>>47190940
I'll look into this. Some lady from Fiverr checked instruction for errors so I thought there wasn't any.
>>
>>47195685
>wasn't any
Weren't any.
>>
>>47190940
OP here. This is actually some good criticism.
>Blank dice with stickers.
This is gamecrafter quality. If I get a normal publisher they will probably get quality dice.
>Spelling errors.
Like I've said. Someone checked it but I'll have a look.
>Wyrm Quest.
Three Rubies= You still get a big treasure like it's two rubies and a ruby. I thought it was clear. Maybe I'll have to rewrite. Good I can do this on gamecrafter.
>Venture is the best one of the three.
You are not the only one telling me this. I don't think Liar's Dice is very similiar to Hidden Snakes though.
>>
>>47190849
OP here. 15$ is 1.5$ above production cost so I don't think I'm being greedy. I'm actually almost certain I'll loose money doing this. Just this pretty picture by Farid Muqodas costed me 50$.
>>
>>47196114
That's not the point. You're asking for a review without providing a review copy.
>>
>>47196231
Actually, he never asked for a review. He just said he wants to show it. He's a fucking shill.
Global rule 11:
>Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.
>>
>>47196114
>15$ is 1.5$ above production cost so I don't think I'm being greedy.

Maybe not, but if there's no way to reduce costs you might not have a long-term viable product here.

Graphically, the moon phase icons are too visually similar. They should be easily distinguishable from a glance.

I haven't gone over the rules in detail, but at first glance it seems like a complicated mishmash that doesn't provide any flow or memorable mechanics.

Have you play-tested with at least 10 people you don't know?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.