[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You ever played Millennium Blades, /tg/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: millennium blades.jpg (607 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
millennium blades.jpg
607 KB, 1536x864
You ever played Millennium Blades, /tg/?
>>
>Another Level 99 game
They already had a hit with BattleCON. What's this about?
>>
I would, if they wanted my money.
>>
I received my Kickstarter edition recently, not gotten a chance to play it yet. Hoping I can break it out some time soon though. The concept is so wonderfully ludicrous. I have friends who all love YGO Abridged and shit, so they'll likely really get into it.

I'm also really looking forward to the Set Rotation expansion, with the co-op rules and the roleplaying expansion book. Because RPing ridiculous over the top card game universe drama and shenanigans should be fucking hilarious.
>>
File: killme.png (157 KB, 481x394) Image search: [Google]
killme.png
157 KB, 481x394
>>47172516

>well guys, we made a good game. pack it up, we're done.
>>
>>47172516
It's a meta board game where you play as people that play a CCG called Millennium Blades.
>>
>>47172516
>BattleCON
>hit
come again?
>>
>>47176002

Battlecon is probably one of the best PvP games I have ever played.

It also sold pretty damn well and has universal praise by reviewers.

I would say that is a hit.
>>
>>47172311
No, I never have. What is it? How do you play?
>>
>>47177540

Not OP, but I can give you a rundown. The game has two phases, a realtime deckbuilding phase and a turn based tournament phase. The deckbuilding phase is all about acquiring cards, buying boosters from shops, browsing the secondary market, trading between players and such. As well as assembling a deck for use in the tournament phase, you also score victory points for assembling sets of cards, which can be very valuable. Each deckbuilding phase lasts about 20 minutes, with several events happening within that spell, extra income for players, new cards being available etc.

The tournament phase is an abstraction, instead of going through rounds each player takes a turn placing a card in their tableau, scoring points or affecting the tableau's of other players. There are mechanics for the current meta and a really cute little contingency for if a player manages to put together an infinite combo. Winning the tournament gets you prizes, which naturally can help you out in the next deckbuilding phase.
>>
>>47172721

>Millennium Blades is ludicrious

Nope. It is god damned tense.

Those 20 minutes of deck building, buying and selling, trading, collection completion and risk v reward for promos goes by fast as fuck.
Then the meta types and elements influencing your deck ideas also need to be factored in too.

The game can be intense as hell when you have someone that goes 'shit, I forgot to cash in this collection I was working on.' Well, you don't get to go back and fix that steve, you just lost your shit for no reason. Better work faster next time, Cunt.

The actual card game portion is the weakest part of the game, but even that is a solid and fun game as well.

Pretty great game all in all.
>>
I've played my copy 5 times in three weeks. So far it's gotten better with each play, too.
>>
>>47177601
Thanks! That was a pretty good explanation.
>>
>>47177518
It's enough of a hit that it's gotten at least two expansions.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.