[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Full Frontal Fluff Edition >Rules databases https://mega
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Not Another General Image.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Not Another General Image.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Full Frontal Fluff Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: ORKS.png (39 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
ORKS.png
39 KB, 626x551
>Orks
>bs 2
>s 3
>I 2
>ld 7
> 6+ save
>>
Should the backbone of a CSM army be Plague marines, unmarked marines, cultists or zombies?

Or, just the bare minimum then take better units?
>>
>tfw you're playing against grey knights and both of your primaris psykers manage to roll the misfortune power
>>
>>47170839
You can take lots of cheap CSM if you're unsure what you need on the field. Adding melta guns helps.
Culitsts are good for holding objectives, that's about it. With autoguns, they provide decent support fire for the cost. If you have access to zombies and want objective guys, they work better.
Any cult marine at all is tricky and tend not to be worth it, save gun equipped noise marines. Everything else has a rough time. Choose the right unit for the job at least, you'll be ok.
>>
>>47170839
>taking Plague Marines over Noise Marines

That's fine, if you want a unit that just sits there and doesn't really do a whole lot.
>>
Who is the most versatile army?
>>
>>47171027
Sisters of Battle
>>
>>47171027
Eldar
>>
Okay so will someone finally explain the fucking chicken?
>>
>>47171056
what chicken?
>>
>>47171056
A pseudo tripfag here hates it, he's the one who posts ''remove chicken'' every now and then.

The meme itself is from /pol/; apparently calling someone a chicken is a serious insult in russia, it's from some thread where people were badmouthing vladmir putin and ruskies demanded proof of their claims while posting images of chickens, hence proof chicken - 'no proof!' 'where is the proof?'
>>
>>47171093
Yeah where is the proof of this chicken?
>>
>>47170852
Surprised you'd get them off.
Most GK lists bring Librarians, maybe with a staff. Giving the GK player a 3+ DtW rerolling 1's within 12" of the Librarian.
>>
>>47170814 #
>Eldar even do the "our souls belong to an evil deity" thing before Necrons did it.
Necros did biotransference first. Eldar did the birth of Slaanesh around the start of the Great Crusade. That's what formed the Eye of Terror and cleared up the warp storms to allow humanity to reunite.
>>
>>47171112
And what does it have to do with 40K?
>>
>>47170810
Sounds more like Renegade Infantry stats save you need random LD instead.
>>
>>47171128
Let's just say I was rolling exceptionally well that night. Also if you manage to get rid of the librarians early on, it's much easier to use your own psychic phase
>>
>>47171112
>he's the one who posts ''remove chicken'' every now and then.

Implying, dude.

I have seen people make FOUR 40K threads at the same time over disagreements about that damn chicken. Don't make it all about one guy.
>>
>>47170970
>>47170983
Really, I remember reading on 1d4chan that plagues will outperform vanilla csm because they're tough, though I can't find that on the tactics page now so it might never have been true.

I've read noise marines don't know what to do with themselves if you give them every weapon type, what would a decent loadout be, blastmasters and a rhino maybe?
>>
>>47171198
Absolutely fucking nothing.
Can we move on now?
>>
>>47171189
Also the necrons fixed their evil thirsting gods problem. They have no gods that haunt their steps.
>>
>>47171246
Then why is it on the OP image?
>>
>>47171245
Plagues used to outperform vanilla CSM, not anymore. Too much high STR AP 2-3 shooting, so the FNP and 5T adds to absolutely fucking nothing.

Better to just take more cheap wounds.
>>
>>47171246
Only if you provide proof

Or remove chicken, though I'm happy enough the tau face is fixed
>>
>>47171266
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpLNCRIxWA
>>
File: excuse me, brother captain.jpg (52 KB, 498x600) Image search: [Google]
excuse me, brother captain.jpg
52 KB, 498x600
So what is the biggest faction guilty of "why dont they just do [thing] to win every time"?
>>
>>47171282
Hobbits
>>
>>47170750
Remove chickin
>>
What is the easiest race to pick up
>>
>>47171225
Who's worse Carnac or the dozens of shitposters that jump at his shadow like autistic children?
>>
>>47171371
Tau or muhreens
>>
>>47171371
Orks
>>
>>47171282
Necrons
>>
>>47171371
Marines
>>
>>47171380
No idea why you are asking me that.
I have no answer for that.
>>
>>47171249
so you're agreeing that the Necron and Eldar are different.
>>
>>47171380
Doesn't matter, they're both a blight on the community.
>>
>>47171423
I am not the guy disagreeing with you. I am just a random anon adding to your post
>>
>>47171441
It does matter to me.
>>
Fishing for feedback.

Custom disciplines for Tzeentch Daemonkin fandex. Same "half of mastery levels on a single table" restriction as CSM. Psykers will get to choose any one Primaris power for their Chaos Focus.
>>
>>47171441
A bigger blight than WAAC house rule toting min maxing tourney fags?
>>
>>47171442
ah okay. Because 'necron have the exact same lore as Eldar' is about the dumbest complaint about the necron lore I've heard.
>>
>>47171441
If Carnac and the chief anti-Carnac would both throw on trips the quality of these threads wouldn't be in the gutter. It mostly seems like the kid who always starts new generals by linking the thread and writing new thread in caps three times
>>
>>47171486
>>47171458
Does. Not. Matter. Unless one of you is a wizard capable of fixing the issue, arguing about which is worse is irrelevant. Shit, at least Carnac is usually posting about 40k. This is just meta shitposting.
>>
>>47171503
>>47171523
Apathy solves nothing.
>>
>>47171205

Renegade infantry is BS3 I3 and random ld is a good thing if you have command squads
>>
>>47171559
But being able to filter them would
>>
>>47171559
Neither does pissing yourself uselessly.
>>
Finally beat my necron opponent with my tyranids list.

We had just gotten a bunch of new units and ran a quick game to try them out. 1000 pts each.

He had:
1 Nightbringer
1 Obelisk
1 Destroyer Lord
1 Tesseract Ark

I had:
1 Swarmlord
3 Tyrant Guard
3 Carnifex
3 Zoanthrope

Using cover, I was able to get my carnifexes within charge range before his Tesseract Ark splattered one in one shot. The other two got into melee and opened it up like a tin-can. The destroyer lord counter-charged, but got plastered for his efforts without doing anything. Nightbringer killed all 3 tyrant guard and one Carnifex before the Swarmlord got in there and blenderized it; the post-death explosion did nothing. I got my zoanthropes into a firing line and charged for his obelisk, which killed the last carnifex in one firing round and brought the Swarmlord down to 1 wound in the next. Zoanthropes brought it to one wound, and the Swarmlord made his charge, killing it with a smash attack. The catastrophic explosion took him out with it, though.

Was so hyped to finally win a game after a 4-game lose streak.
>>
>>47171384
>>47171395
>>47171411
Are marines overplayed though?
>>
>>47171593
Yeah quite a bit
>>
>>47171282
chaos
>>
>it's lets talk about carnac episode thread

Fucks sake guys why?
>>
>>47171593
That's not a bad thing.
>>
>>47171632
>ITT we summon carnac
>>
>>47171632
Because you decided to pick at it, now its your fault when it get inflamed.
>>
>>47171564
Renegade infantry is BS2. You can upgrade most of the infantry units to BS3 though. There may be a couple BS 3 veteran type units, but Im too lazy to go get the book to see.
>>
>>47171656
veterans are bs 4
>>
>>47171559
Pointless whining and arguing solves nothing. Even if we unanimously agreed that X was the worst thing in the general, nothing would happen. It would do nothing, it would mean nothing, nothing would change. So, instead of this useless metaposting, why don't you post something 40k related? Like feedback on my disciplines.
>>
>>47171463
hey, so I'm the guy who gave some recommendations about formations and such from last time so I figured I'd add a few bits I'd thought of.

Have one of the new perils of the warp result in psyker or a nearby non-daemon unit with the mark of tzeetch into a spawn. Another triggers a nova, or at least blasst, of tzeetch fire that can hit friendly units.

Still think you should have obliterators. Have them able to take 2 flamer of tzeetch weapons, or an exactled flamer weapon if they spend a warp charge.

Formation of flamers and oblits: if the flamers hit first the oblits gain twin linked against that unit, if the oblits hit first the flamers gain soulblaze against that unit.

Formation of Thousand Sons and Cultists. As long as the aspiring sorcerer is alive and near cultists they can sac cultists to rebind the rubric marines. 1d3 rubric marines come back, kill 2d6 cultists.

Warptalons and screamers:
Perplexing mirage: When the warp talons arrive by deepstrike they can only be snap shot.
Screamers gain shrouded when they turboboost.
Or maybe something a little weaker but make them harder to hit.
>>
>>47171692
Terra Burns.
>>
File: 1460363391658.jpg (52 KB, 476x265) Image search: [Google]
1460363391658.jpg
52 KB, 476x265
How numerous is the Ethereal Caste? How long is their lifespan compared to the rest of the Cates?
>>
>>47171656
Yes but why would you ever not upgrade them? Zombies are better for just meatshields, it also gives +1 WS if you kit them for melee and even with endless horde, higher bs across the board pays more.

>>47171677
Veterans are WS4 BS3 but you can boost them with bloody handed reaver. Diciples are BS4
>>
>>47171463
>Same "half of mastery levels on a single table" restriction as CSM

automatically ignored. why must chaos have restrictions?
>>
>>47171027
Inquisition. Literally don't care about your "choices", even in a standard CAD.
>>
>>47171748
They are the smallest caste, less than a percent of the others.

There are no records of one dying of old age, whether they are immortal or just go away when their time is near to maintain the appearance of it.
>>
>>47171748
>How numerous is the Ethereal Caste?

Less so than the rest of the castes.

>How long is their lifespan compared to the rest of the Cates?

They live up to hundreds of years. However, no one sees them die natural deaths. When they reach extreme old age, they walk into ethereal temples and are never seen again.
>>
>>47171748
Probably a couple thousand of them, and I think they live slightly longer than the average Tau.
>>
>>47171748

Are young Ethereals meant to go to the frontlines to inspire the troops?
>>
>>47171793
Restrictions on a devotion basis is fine as long as the powers/benefits are actually good.
>>
>>47171807
>and I think they live slightly longer than the average Tau.

The average Tau lifespan is 40.

Aun'va is confirmed to be 250+ years old.
>>
>>47171834
>40
Is this the natural lifespan or because it's 40k
>>
>>47171834
>>47171846
It's fire caste that only live to 40, the lifespans of the other caste are unstated I believe, but the earth caste who designed riptides and some other suits is over 200.
>>
>>47171718
Potential Spawndom is result 2 on the Perils table. 3-4 have a chance of doing damage to the Psyker's unit.

Currently there's a formation where Flamers act as spotters for Havocs.

I'm not keen on the idea of Rubric's being rebuilt mid-combat; never have been. I've already got Cultists being sacced for power.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with Warp Talons. They're either getting conditional assault from deep strike, a durability upgrade when they arrive from deep strike, or some sort of Phasing type ability.
>>
>>47171846
Natural
>>
>>47171834
Slightly longer than the average Tau because the average Tau's going to die from angry Imperials/aliens or factory accident. There I covered the other castes.
>>
>>47171834
By who? The Tau? Himself? It's not like the Ethereals bullshit their people about nearly everything involving the Ethereal caste, an assassin totally didn't kill our space pope, that's just imperial propaganda.
>>
File: culexus_asassin_by_garr0t.jpg (460 KB, 512x812) Image search: [Google]
culexus_asassin_by_garr0t.jpg
460 KB, 512x812
>>47171834
* was
>>
>>47171793
Because the tables are only D3 tables, and I don't want people to be able to guarantee any particular power.
>>
File: Aunshi6.jpg (18 KB, 250x369) Image search: [Google]
Aunshi6.jpg
18 KB, 250x369
>>47171822
Yes.

Aun'Va during the beginning of the TSE, went to the frontlines to inspire the troops. He encourage his fellow ethereals to do the same. In the Damocles anthology he has kinda of a badass moment hovering in the middle of a breached hive city wall facing Imperial knights . Of course, he had plenty of Riptides to defend him, though.

Aun'shi is also an ethereal who goes to the frontlines but he actually fights alongside the fire caste.
>>
>>47171885
Sweet Jesus those fingers.
>>
>>47171874

I don't think there's BS here, mostly because it is clear that the Ethereals are an artificially created Caste made by some alien hand (Likely Eldar).
>>
>>47171591
Good for you m8.
>>
>>47171896
>Of course, he had plenty of Riptides to defend him, though
No wonder they're so big on these zog off suits. They're going to add more to honor him now.
>>
>>47171866
It's mentioned in the 5th ED main rulebook. It makes no distraction between the castes.

>>47171874
You are paranoid.

Aun'va was there when Shadowsun was frozen after the Damocles Crusade. He ruled the Tau empire for 200 years while she was cryo-frozen.
>>47171873
Actually, most Tau live peacefully. Water and earth caste unless they are colonists, rarely see war.
>>
>>47171846
Fire warriors tend to die young and are expected to "honourably retire" when they become unable to preform their duties.

Air caste are the frailest of them, they live quite long in space, but planetside their frail physiques mean they age and die fairly fast.

Water caste live the longest of the four lesser castes, partially due to access to various rejuvenates both domestic and alien in origin, a contraband overlooked by Etherals unwilling to see skilled diplomats expire.

Earth caste varies by calling, scientists and doctors live longer than labourers with engineers falling between the two.
>>
>>47171866
>but the earth caste who designed riptides and some other suits is over 200

Nah, O'vesa didn't design the Riptide.

The way he lived that long was becuse he invented nano-drones that prolonged his life.
>>
>>47171885
Are you telling me that 2D, green-tinted, flickering image isn't our noble leader Aun'Shi?
>>
>>47171985
>Fire warriors tend to die young and are expected to "honourably retire" when they become unable to preform their duties.

I think Puretide was 60 (or was it 80) when he died at the hand of Farsight at the behest of Aun'va.
>>
>>47171985
>Fire warriors tend to die young and are expected to "honourably retir
By honorably retire you mean put down right?
>>
>>47171869
those fair ideas.

That's kinda what I was going for with warptalons, and pairing them with screamers as terrors speading out of the warp seemed like a good fit.
The other idea was if the screamers turboboost over an enemy model they can choose not to inflict hits but instead have the warp talons arrive 1" from the enemy unit as if from deepstrike, but know scatter, they may charge that unit the turn they arrive.

I see where you're going to with the Havocs, but I still like Oblits, so my second idea was a bigger badder formations. Soulgrinders, buring chariots, and oblits, maybe some other big things. Resticted and/or given tzeetch weapons that they pound heavier targets.
>>
>>47172071

Don't they have an entire idyllic Sept for retirements? I guess old Commanders will pass on their teachings.
>>
>>47172071
No.

Shadowsun's father retired and settled down and got married. He spent his days raising his three daughters.

Puretide spent his retirement training new commanders.

The old codex mention retired fire caste acting as advisor in councils.
>>
>>47172071
>>47172069
Either retire to teach if skilled at that, blaze of glory if capable, self-terminate if neither.
>>
I'm bored with my Tau and I haven't even fully painted them yet.
Is an Infiltration Cadre+Optimized Stealth cadre a bad idea for a smaller point Tau army?
>>
>buy awesome FW models
>wash them with dishwasher soap twice
>scrub with toothbrush
>then prime them
>all dry

>suddenly realize they're still somewhat greasy/shiny....

I mean, it's not like the primer rubs off with my finger, but using my nail, it comes off easier than with my regular GW models.

Can I still wash them again or are they ruined forever now? D:
>>
>>47172092
Yeah, thanks for reminding me.

Au'taal is a sept whose purpose is to act as a retirement home. It's an easy going paradise sept.
>>
>>47172092
Au'taal. The commander from my custom fluff is from Au'taal. He was among the many defense forces for Au'taal before being moved to lead the T'ron Expedition Defense Cadre.
>>
>>47172069
Wait what?
>>47172092
Non-important fire warriors get the Ol' Yeller treatment.
>>
File: 5E-Tau.jpg (1 MB, 2247x1617) Image search: [Google]
5E-Tau.jpg
1 MB, 2247x1617
>>47171846
>>47171866

>Most Tau are short lived compared to other races, with a lifespan of around forty years being the norm. It has been noted however that key individuals have attained greater age, as if their lifespans were linked to the manifest destiny of the race itself. It may be said that the Tau’s boundless energy is the direct result of such a short lifespan, as if the race were compelled to expand and drive onwards in ever wider phases of advancement, to achieve the greatest amount possible in the comparatively short time allotted. The Tau mature quickly; infirmity comes suddenly, and death soon after, so that none linger overlong at the end of a life fully lived. The fruits of a Tau’s labour will be known only to the next generation. To burn brightly, yet briefly, is the purest essence of the Greater Good.
>>
>>47172115

Optimized Stealth Cadre is downright nasty, Infiltration Cadre less so.
>>
File: the r' is for rape.png (201 KB, 399x306) Image search: [Google]
the r' is for rape.png
201 KB, 399x306
>>47172115
*Rapid infiltration+optimized stealth cadre for around a 1000 or 1500 point Tau army
>>
Very new to 40k. I've been watching batreps to help me determine which faction I like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGyYvAPwP_0

In this one, the Tau player RAPED the Space Wolves player. Is this common, or was he lucky with dice rolls?
>>
>>47172233
Tau are the most rape prone race in the galaxy next to the Dark Eldar so yeah it's common.
>>
>>47172233
Tau are better than Space Wolves. Tau are tier one, SWolves are pretty solid tier 2 with Thunderwolf based super friends lists being tier 1.5.
>>
>>47172139
>Non-important fire warriors get the Ol' Yeller treatment.

They don't. They get to retire.

>>47172139
>Wait what?

Aun'va gave Farsight an offer he couldn't refuse.
>>
>>47172163
>artifact world
What would be considered an artifact to a Tau? A steam powered primitive ancestor of the Riptide?
>>
>>47171772
>why would you ever not upgrade them

Because random leadership that is an average of ld 6. If you spend points upgrading that.... idk man.
>>
>>47172233

When they bring the big mechas, be prepared for a world of harm even if they lose. Eldar are above them and with no weakness, though.
>>
>>47172304
>They don't. They get to retire
I was joking.
>Aun'va gave Farsight an offer he couldn't refuse
Was there some cheesy music played during this?
>>
>>47172233
>>47172255
>>47172258
feel I need to add this with the tier things. If your more into the fun of the game than just winning all out, there is a lot more flex in the tier than people say.
Unfortunetely it's a lot easier to flex down than up. If the Tau/eldar/whatever player is willing to tone down, you can still get a pretty even matches against most factions. Unless the other players list is a literal shitfest, but that can't be avoided.

tl/dr pick an army based on liking the look and playstyle over power if you want to enjoy the game longterm.
>>
>>47172317
They've a crystal planet that they did a facet cut on, because they could.
>>
>>47172317
Actually, they did originally have diesal powered battlesuits. The XT series. They might have some of those in a museum.
>>
>>47172258
The thing with tau is that quick units like TWC or the RW Command Squad get into close combat too quick and reliably which leads to their suits getting BTFO. All you need to do turn one is wreck their markerlights and run at suits.
>>
>>47172357
You mean the XLR
>>
>>47171282
Chaotic necron hobbits.
>>
>>47172381
i see what your did there, and I like it.
>>
File: Megas XLR.png (154 KB, 325x424) Image search: [Google]
Megas XLR.png
154 KB, 325x424
>>47172381
This XLR?
>>
Are Dark Eldar any good?
>>
I've been eyeing up a LotD squad to deepstrike in and provide some melta for my guard. Is the just LotD formation still a thing or would I have to ally in SM
>>
>>47172399
Made of mithril
>>
>>47172381
I dig giant robots.
>>
>>47172482
you dig giant robots
>>
>>47172082
If I'm going to include Oblits, I was thinking I'd throw them into the a Possessed+Spawn formation and have them get the Pink and Blue Flames of Tzeentch as long as they were within 9" of another unit from the formation .
>>
>>47172459
I'm building them atm, they are the definition of Glass Cannon.
>>
>>47172122
Ive had this situation recently. Soak them in a dish soap ('greasecutting' type like Dawn, Palmolive, etc.)

Add enough soap so the water is tinted to the color of the soap, and let the resin soak. You'll begin to see stuff floating in the water when you look closely at it, thats the release agent breaking free.

For me, it went like this:

Washed them with soap + brush 3 or 4 times to no avail. Soaked them for a week, brushed them a bit. Changed the water, soaked them for another week, brushed them vigorously some more.
That was enough to get them to hold primer.

Ive read accounts online of people soaking resin for a month.
>>
>>47172233
Tau effortlessly rape everything that isnt a tournament list. Do not play Tau unless you are an actual pencil-dicked faggot.
>>
>>47172482
>>47172497
The question is. Do chicks dig giant robots?
>>
>>47172508
christ
>>
>>47172355
Jerks.
>>47172357
>>47172381
It makes too much sense now. This is how they got battlesuits.
>>
>>47172459
They have built in handicaps, while other armies have built in advantages. Know that you will never be on equal fitting with the supported armies.
>>
>>47172531
I've seen a Tau player call an Eldar player a cheese WAACfag because he had 2 Wave Serpents.

The Tau player had x3 Riptide in a 1850 list.

There is a Batrep on YouTube with something similar happening as well.
>>
>>47172588
link to batrep? I need to laugh at some taufags. It gives me strength.
>>
>>47172563
Yeah, if its a model that requires lots of release agent, you're going to have your work cut out for you. That stuff can set up like paint or varnish.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 922x657) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 922x657
>>47172588
The irony is strong here.
>>
Seriously though the hate the Tau get from this website is fucking stupid, especially considering how convenient it is how popular they've gotten.
>>
>>47172614
So what do you do if you've primed without thoroughly washing them?
>>
>>47172588
Yeah, in my personal experience Tau players are very childish. I avoid interacting with them due to multiple negative encounters of the past few years. They all powergamed, they were all very poor sports, they all rules-lawyered.. no social etiquette. Just bad people in general.

Im sure there are decent Tau friends out there, Ive just never met one yet.
>>
>>47172673
Well, if the primer took - you're good. If there are spotty areas of resin visible, Id scrub them and prime again. Keep it as thin as possible.
>>
>>47172659
A few vocal trolls don't represent the world.
>>
>>47171834
This makes me wonder just how long that batshit insane earth cast engineer that designed the Y'vahra AND the R'varna, AND the Taunar lived. It's ridiculous to think one asshole who only lived to be 40 years old ended up designing a shitload of really damn good mechs, rather than a team of briliant engineers.
>>
>>47172659
It isn't unwarranted. Tau players are generally obnoxious fat neckbeards or really young kiddies. The latter being okay, but the former being a complete headache to play. Of course there are fine tau players, but this is 4chan. Generalization is everything here and deservedly so.
>>
What are all the stereotypes associated with every army?
>>
>>47172704
Yeah, I guess that's a workable solution actually. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>47172609
shit, I can't remember it.. It was posted on here for a laugh like a year ago. I don't do BatReps. It was funny as fuck though.

>>47172616
Indeed.

>>47172680
I've always like the Tau models (bar aircraft + tanks) but I resisted.
>>
>>47172680
>Yeah, in my personal experience Tau players are very childish. I avoid interacting with them due to multiple negative encounters of the past few years. They all powergamed, they were all very poor sports, they all rules-lawyered.. no social etiquette. Just bad people in general.
That's how I imagine Tau.
>Im sure there are decent Tau friends out there, Ive just never met one yet
We never hear about them a lot.
>>47172708
He has perverse lust for mechas pumping in his veins. He has dreams of every gundam and mecha in existence. He is not a sight to show small children for his lust and energy to build these machines has taken its toll.
>>
>Q: Does a rule like the markerlight ability "seeker" bypass the modifier system
>A: No

I don't understand the question.
>>
How does Kill Team affect the army tiers?
>>
>>47172748
> Space Marines
Literally anything, needs more specific
> Dark Angels
Closet traitors and edgy homosexuals
> Space Wolves
Furries
> Raptors
Metal gear fans apparently
> Ultramarines
Small children who don't know any better
> Iron Hands
I'm sorry, who?
> White Scars
See: Iron Hands
> Imperial Fists
See: Ultramarines
> Raven Guard
More Metal Gear fans
> Carcharadons
RIP AND TEAR, RIP AND FUCKING TEAR
> Black Templars
Deus Vult
> Blood Angels
Twilightfags
>>
>>47172659
Well, they went from 'never seen on the tabletop' to 'jesuschristwhatthefuck' as soon as they got the Riptide and 6th edition codex.
They recently experienced another uptick in players, just like before after recieving significant buffs in the form of absurd formations and cheesy units/rules.

You cant really deny that theyre the easiest army to use. The abundance of dice and rules they get in a suit list offers players a simple approach: point and click.

I think this, coupled with their (admittedly very cool) aesthetic of robot/mecha - attracts a certain demographic. And that demographic tends to have very poor social skills, and not be all that bright.

Im sure my observations/experience will draw rage frim the Tau guys in here, but until proven otherwise through real world experiences - this is what Tau players are.
>>
>>47172840
It brings them a bit closer together, as you don't have some of the really big power units or certain more elite squads getting spammed, though there is still a discrepency.

Tau, Eldar, and Marines all still have pretty well costed units and infantry, while Orks, Tyranids, CSM, Dark Eldar, and the like still have some stuff that's overcosted or weak.

It's more fair, but the main thing it does is narrow the gap rather than really shuffle anyone around.
>>
>>47172801
>He has perverse lust for mechas pumping in his veins. He has dreams of every gundam and mecha in existence. He is not a sight to show small children for his lust and energy to build these machines has taken its toll.

Didn't he also siphon stealth suit funds to build the first R'vanah? only escaping execution because it worked.
>>
>>47172873
Eh, I tend to find that Tau can be played easy-mode like that by spamming large battlesuits, though if you build them right (or I guess wrong) you can have them at a much fairer and more tactical level.

It's similar to Space Marines. You can make a grav-spam biker list or whatever that just needs to shoot things, or you can take a mix of stuff and get a proper army that's actually fun to play.

I think Tau just attracts those sorts of netlisters who heard Riptides were good and so went and bought 8, though I like to think there are quite a few who don't subscribe to that.
>>
>>47172840
It brings them into a nearly balanced state. There are still tiers, and the ability to cheese. But the impact is far less dramatic, partly because the time investment is much shorter.
>>
>>47172887
Yes. He will bankrupt his own race to fulfill his fetish.
>>
>>47172867
>>47172748
Here, have more
> Astral Claws
"Hey, are those Ultramarines?"
> Howling Gryphons
"Hey, are those Ultramarines?"
> Salamanders
"Hey, are those Ultramarines?"(Yes, I actually have witnessed a retard ask this to a salamanders player)
> Crimson Fists
"Hey are those Ultramarines?"
> Minotaurs
Fuck off ultrasmurfs
> Red Scorpions
"Okay, Sevrin Loth's abilities let him gain a permanent 2++, and can pick his powers"
> Lamenters
Masochism. Also: "Hey are those Imperial Fists?"
>>
>>47172985
Is that same guy the one who also the one who asked if they're Ultramarines/Fists?
>>
>>47171249

Someone's not read Shield of Baal.
>>
>>47172931
In the 3ish years since 6th edition and the Riptide dropped - I have never, not once ever, not a single time - seen anything but an optimized suit list from Tau guys. Lately Im seeing two Stormsurges from all of them. Riptide wings are as guaranteed as the air we breathe. I even saw a kid a few weekends ago proxying a GW Riptide for the teleporting FW variety.

Tau guys apparently have no shame, or self-awareness, or regard for anyone but themselves.

Its the 'still lives at home, doesnt have a job, nor any ambition, takes anime too seriously, self-centered, not too bright' demographic. And it seems to be growing.
>>
>>47172803
I think it means they still get snapshot at flyers. Which means there's really no reason to ever take them on non-flyers/Sky Rays.
>>
>>47173013
It wasn't one guy. I have witnessed no less than 8 people over the course of 2 years do this to my local gaming group.
>>
>>47172748
>Orks
Don't know the rules but have fun while losing. Usually older and fatter than usual.
>Eldar
Dudebros or skinny guys wearing oversized glasses, both arrogant in their own way.
>Tau & Space marines
My first army!! or men that are more grease than flesh. Both have some cool players if they grew up with the army.
>Tyranids
Girls be here.
>Necrons
More robotic than their army. Aspie central.
>CSM
Guys that dress like they're from the matrix and quit games that don't go their way
>Daemons
Converse in nods unless a rules question comes up then they quote verbatim what the rulebook says. Strange.
>Imperial guard
Usually the most normal and most likely to bring a girl into the LGS. That or the permanently slightly pissed older men that are into historicals but can't get games.
>Dark eldar
Nicely painted armies but more likely to cheat, especially after forgetting their PFP stuff.
>>
File: image.jpg (334 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
334 KB, 500x572
>>47173048
Do this to them. Make them read. Did they ask if the Alpha Legion was spikey Ultramarines?
>>
>>47173060

Most of those are wrong and you're a retard. Strange.
>>
>>47173047

>The anti-aircraft missile of excellence can't target flyers even with a markerlight unless the platform has velocity tracker.

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>47173060
> Tyranids played by women
I can confirm, every woman I've ever met that was into 40k thought tyranids were Adorable. I've even been to a tournament where some girl brought ZEBRA PRINT tyranids.
> Eldar being dudebros
Fuck off, I have yet to meet an eldar player that didn't behave like they were an actual elf.
>>
>>47172659

Just another "I thought /tg/ was exaggerating about Tau but today this happened. I'm never playing Taufags again" waiting to happen. I've already seen half a dozen in the past 2 months.
>>
>daemon decurion is rigid as fuck and requires 10 million of the same model
What the fuck, I have like 6000 points of daemons of every god and I can't even make this formation.
>>
>>47172931
Honestly, lone Riptides aren't even broken. My last game was against Khorne CSM. Nobody ever even shot at my Riptide, and the only thing it accomplished (killing obsec cultists) was done with s5ap5. To be fair, I almost always run it with an ion accelerator, but the Tau have enough other ways of cutting down infantry that I can't imagine the HBC being a marked improvement.
>>
>>47173083
No you're wrong.

>>47173104
Based off reality with the dudebros, there's 3 of them at my LGS and they all wear tracksuits and make D&B music. The rest are elven yeah.
>>
A friend told me today that there are rumours of 40k doing away with the points system in favour of some kind of formation-only based system. I think it sounds completely fucking stupid and he was probably talking out of his ass, but I wouldn't put it past GW at this point.

tl;dr: are there any credible rumours about 40k removing the points system?
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 480x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 480x468
>>47173104
>ZEBRA PRINT tyranids.
I strangely want this.
>>
>>47173104
>Fuck off, I have yet to meet an eldar player that didn't behave like they were an actual elf.

I WAS THERE THE DAY THE STRENGTH OF MAN FAILED
>>
>>47173060
>Daemons
>Converse in nods unless a rules question comes up then they quote verbatim what the rulebook says. Strange.

I-I'm just shy.
>>
>>47173136

So long there's organized play (points/slots/wathever), I can live with it. The greatest mistake of Age of Sigmar is precisely lack of one.
>>
>>47173060
I play CSM, Daemons, Blood Angels, DKoK artillery (Wyvern-free).

I dont fit any of the listed stereotypes. Im an athletic 'normie'. Play for fun. Friendly to everyone. Laugh at my own misfortune as well as yours. Somewhat rejected by most of my local meta regulars. I suspect its due to the fact that Im successful, married to a dime that occasionally comes in with me, play maybe once a month, and I can paint better than pretty much all of them.

I still have no problem getting a game whenever I show up. And the jealous and hateful looks I get from greasy nerds dont phase me. I just feel sorry for them.
>>
>>47173136

They just went AWAY from a pointless system since AoS was failing so hard they had to re-introduce points. Why do you think they would do that to their cash cow keeping them in business?

And there's only ONE consolidated rumor site for 40k in English on the internet why don't you just go check it out yourself? And no, it's not BOLS.
>>
>>47173143
Then you should also remember the failure of your Elvenking Fingolfin, who became morgoth's personal bitchboy. And then his son became morgoth's bitchboy while a simple man came to rescue him.
>>
>>47173136
Your friend is a fucking liar, AoS is GETTING a point system, why would they do the opposite to 40k?
>>
>>47173143

But you are a half-elf, Elrond.
>>
>>47173122
Weird. I had all the stuff to field a mono-Nurgle incursion w/GUO sitting in a closet. Just about done painting it.
>>
>>47173125
They are still ~30-40 points undercosted in my opinion. Too many tricks, too durable, too much dakka for what you pay. You need to look at them from a context outside the Tau codex though. Because that book is wack (waac?).
>>
>>47173060
was going to post my opinions, but honestly this is close enough. Except for grouping tau with space marines. Tau players are similar, but worse in every negative aspect to marine players besides being noobs I'd say.
>>
>>47173104
>tfw play Tyranids.
>Think they're cool and a little cute yet with that awesome 'alien' feel to them.
>Am considered dudebro by friends
>Also play IG.

What does this make me?
>>
>>47173136
Considering no points contributed to AoS being stillborn, Id say its a safe bet that 40k keeps a points system. Especially when you take into account GW is releasing a (half-assed, broken as shit, flawed, joke-of-a) points system for AoS.
>>
File: Seeker_missile.jpg (9 KB, 341x264) Image search: [Google]
Seeker_missile.jpg
9 KB, 341x264
How useful are seeker missiles? Which are the best platforms for them (Phiranhas, Hammerhead, Devilfish, Broadsides, Flyers, Skyray)?
>>
File: 1460973520421.png (55 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1460973520421.png
55 KB, 184x184
>>47172748
This is kind of a hybrid of "irl and on the internet" so bear with me.

SM: first army or likely Ultrafag, WSWAACHOLES, or "look at my FW chapter: Raptors/Space Sharks are the best!!!" come to mind.
BA: Mostly decent people unless complaining about how their shit isn't unique anymore then insufferable.
DA: most normal and bro-tier marines imo.
SW: don't say anything about "VIKINGS!" around them or they will talk about their "heritage".
GK: idk I've never met one.

IG: a little too HFY most of the time and probably served in the military.
SOB: they come in two varieties: women playing the "women faction" and dudes with a nun fetish. Both are loud and complain about their faction not being better (either in a SJW way or a crunch way).
INQ: Don't think I've ever played a primary INQ player kek.
Knights: good painters but sore winners unless they're a richfag who got their whole army commissioned.
Ad-Mech: they're either in it for the fluff or in it for the War Convo but rarely both at the same time.

CSM: they own at least one metal t-shirt and wear primarily black.
Daemons: usually CSM players who wanted a better army but also improved their paint skills.

DE: looks normal but slightly unsettling irl (I can't put my finger on exactly why though).
Eldar: usually WAAC and doesn't know their lore.
Necrons: initially chill but will make snide remarks about their stuff not dying.
Orks: Loud, Bro-tier, and has facial hair.
Tau: Most WAAC but knows their lore as long as it concerns a Tau victory.
Nids: either a women with a well painted army or a dude who doesn't understand color theory.
>>
>>47173285
Just field an all suit list. Far superior to any of the units you mentioned, which are all a sub-optimal use of points.
>>
>>47173104
Female, Tyranids and Eldar are my two favorite armies.

Well, Tyranids and Harlequins (although I do like Eldar wraith units).

They have the best art opportunities! Tyranids are weird bug monsters with bizarre biology, so they can be just as weird and colorful as real world bugs. And Eldar love bright garish color schemes, and Harlequins are their artistic and cultural center that just happens to be cool ninja elves in skintight outfits

It's pretty much totally aesthetic appreciation.
>>
>>47173310
> Grey Knights
I'll answer this one for you. The only grey knight player I've ever met is an Autistic Tranny Furry with Narcisstic Personality Disorder. I fucking wish I was kidding about any of that. He's even taken off his bra in front of me while I looked away out of horror.
>>
>>47173125
>Honestly, lone Riptides aren't even broken

Not by today's standards when comparing them to all the other broken armies, sure.

Next time you try to claim your fucking bullshit isn't broken, swap armies with the guy you just beat.
>>
>>47173330
>caring about being optimal while playing Tau

Why does it matter? According to /tg/, Tau is OP no matter what 100% of the time, so why waste time bothering?
>>
>>47173355
>taken off his bra in front of me

Dont allow half-wit narcissists to employ shock-value bullshit on you for their own entertainment. Just start packing up your shit, remain polite, and exit.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 236x354
>>47173310
>DA: most normal and bro-tier marines imo
Huh. That's something I thought I wouldn't hear.
>>47173336
Trips confirm. What about Nid biology draws you in?
>>47173355
Chris Chan?
>>
>>47173330

>Just field an all suit list.

But Broadsides are suits.
>>
>>47173125
They might not be broken, but they really don't play nicely. With markerlight support they'll put out a lot of hurt. Without it, they'll often be unable to kill anything while being unkillable themselves. If your opponent bothers shooting at it, the Riptide is serving as a great distraction.

Making the Ion accelerator more expensive and giving the Riptide a lower armor save would go a long way to making it more bearable.
>>
>>47173362
>Run 3 Vespid Squads, a Cadre Fireblade, an Ethereal, 2 Kroot Squads, 3 Fire Warrior Teams, a Sunshark Bomber, 3 Piranhas, and 3 Sniper Drone Teams
>"FUCKING WAAC TAUFAG"
>>
>>47173362

And you wonder why people hate all Taufags. Could you be any more butthurt? Why don't you get some skill and use an army that isn't just point and shoot instead of crying how people are calling you out on your bullshit.

You don't see any marine players whining about people saying they're OP even when they don't use any grav or formations.
>>
>>47173424
Should have just done Kroot and Vespids.
>>
>>47173424

Kroot and Piranhas are actually good. Vespid also aren't "the worst unit in the codex" like moronic Taufags claim. They would be an average unit in any other codex.
>>
>>47173285
Skyray and flyers only. FAQ makes it sound like markerlight-fired seeker missiles are still brought to BS1 by snapshots.

Don't listen to the other anon, I have piranhas, devilfish, and broadsides and they are fun.
Also less likely to get you accused of being a WAACfag (though according to some fa/tg/uys you're a WAACfag even if your list is two squads of kroot and an ethereal).
>>
>>47173393
It's not true, Salamanders and Lamenters are the most bro-tier.
>>
>>47173136
Tell your friend to fuck off with his propaganda rumors

Also this >>47173184
>>
>>47173460
Yeah, I know. Kroot are fucking hilarious sometimes. I shot a whole squad into a Transcendent C'Tan and he blew up killing a bunch of friendly Necron units.
>>
>>47173362
Ive never seen anyone claim 'Tau is OP no matter what 100% of the time'.

I think everyone is aware that Kroot, tanks, and Vespid are not OP. Thats why no Tau players use them, except the occasional token minimum unit tacked onto a powerlist. Which only happens so they can proclaim 'Im not a powergamer, I used Kroot'

Conveniently ignoring the fact that there are also two Stormsurges and a Riptide wing on the table. Or OSC in the case of their opponent using AV.

Sorry anon, but there is just an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence confirming the extreme faggotry of Tau players over the past few years. If you play Tau, you are a punk bitch until proven otherwise.
>>
>>47173424
Exactly my point. Everyone on /tg/ whines about battlesuit spam, but is very quick to suggest it whenever a Tau player asks for list advice
>>
>>47173238
>You need to look at them from a context outside the Tau codex though.
That's a fair point. But honestly, one of my consistently best-performing units is my Piranha, which I've literally never seen anyone complain about.
>>
>>47173472

Note that all non-fighter flyers have lost Skyfire rule.
>>
>>47173498
Yep. Just like Marines and Eldar.
>>
>>47173494
I figured but it's something I never hear.
>>
>>47173424
>write list no Tau player ever uses
>its obviously not WAAC

>"see, all Tau players arent WAAC"

Remember that bit a few dozen replies back about you guys being kind of childish, and not too bright? Yeah.
>>
>>47173336
>Tfw my girlfriend likes the Ad Mech more than anything else

She's constantly asking me if any of the 30k Mechanicum stuff is allowed in 40k yet.
>>
>Ask to try out Ork Fandex against SM friend
>Actually hold my own against him for once
>Really close game
>Warboss fucking annihilates chapter master in challenge at the end of turn 6, winning me the game by a single point
>Friend gets super butthurt and refuses to play against those rules again
>>
>>47173285

Use them to instantkill lone IC on the first turn.
>>
>>47172588
is this it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaRxjVTc45s

only video i can find that matches your desc
>>
>>47173550
Your friend sounds like a dillweed.
>>
>>47173546
It's okay, sarcasm is hard to understand over a medium like text. I should've added a "/s".
>>
>>47173514
Only if you use Skies of Death, no?
>>
>>47173198
1 bloodthirster
1 lord of change
1 great unclean one
1 keeper of secrets
4 Daemon princes (one of each god)
3 heralds of Khorne
2 herald of Tzeentch
1 herald of Nurgle
1 herald of Slaanesh
20 bloodletters
20 pink horrors
20 daemonettes
20 plague bearers
5 bloodcrushers
3 flamers
3 beats of nurgle
3 fiends of slaanesh
10 flesh hounds
6 screamers
10 Slaanesh furies
1 soul grinder
1 skull cannon
1 burning chariot
2 chaos spawn (for the mutating blade)

I don't like named characters and I'm not willing to buy another 40-70 lesser daemons just to make a formation.
>>
>>47173547
I wish I had a girlfriend like yours.

Or one that'd be into 40k.

Or a girlfriend.
>>
>>47173521
Marines have the benefit of a variety of units and builds allowing for several different competitive lists.
Yes, Skyhsmmer, Grav-spam, Centstars, and Lib Conclaves are cheesy and hated. But there are too many marine players using too many different lists to be able to generalize them to the degree we can with Eldar and Tau players.
>>
>>47173498
Here's the last list I ran.

>HQ
Commander with Iridium, Multispectrum
Cadre Fireblade

>Troops
Breacher Squad in a Devilfish
Strike Team camped on ruins with Fireblade
Kroot squad

>Elites
3 Crisis Suits with TL plasma. Hung out with Commander.
One Riptide
4 Stealth Suits with burst cannons

>Fast Attack
Tireless Hunter Piranha
Team of 4 pathfinders

>Heavy Support
2 railsides
2 missilesides with velocity trackers

Does that look like a WAAC list to you? Do you want a batrep?
>>
>>47173550
Well, that sounds like a good fandex to me. You got a link?
>>
>>47173645
>exception to the rule

allegedly
>>
>>47173579
Oh, and I forgot 6 nurgling bases.
>>
I'm currently building up an army slowly, working towards 1500. I still need to paint some stuff and buy dice, templates, etc. I just go in to my flgs and buy my models or paints very occasionally. I only ever see big guys 3 times my size walking in with their plastic army cases and it's kind of intimidating because they all know each other, and they are all really huge and they seem to smell bad. Then I leave.

I want to play once I build up a force, but I'm not sure. All the players there seem like fat guys with bear bellies (I'm not trying to be mean here, just factual) that are very loud and outgoing, and I'm like this skinny shy guy that exercises frequently. How do I fit in? Also I had a bad experience in a FLGS when I was younger, so I always feel awkward in them and feel like I need to buy stuff, then leave as fast as possible and get out of their hair.
>>
>>47173606
She's pretty cool. Totally out of my league though, no idea why she's with me.

But you'd be surprised how many girls actually like 40k but don't play because they think it's too expensive / they don't want to be seen as "that girl".
>>
>>47173670
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin]%282016%29.pdf?dl=0
>>
File: 1429041030881.png (80 KB, 440x400) Image search: [Google]
1429041030881.png
80 KB, 440x400
>>47173711
>Cybork Body +Supa Cybork + painboy = 3+ fnp
>>
>>47173566

We are going to use it. Althought I wonder if we will ignore the dogfighting phase to avoid dragging on the game longer than it is necessary.
>>
>>47173500

To be honest I don't see the issue with Battlesuit spam.

Every other army can spam something iconic and Battlesuits are no different for the Tau.
>>
File: wait a minute that fist.jpg (454 KB, 1181x1654) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute that fist.jpg
454 KB, 1181x1654
>>47173748
>one krak missile
>>
>>47173776
Speaking as a Tau player, it's mostly a matter of spamming large suits, though spamming Crisis suits can get obnoxious as well if you just do something boring like load them all up with plasma or melta.

I can't even remember the last time I saw somebody stick a Burst cannon on a crisis suit.
>>
>>47173804
Warbosses are T5 m8

and Supa Cybork gives eternal warrior
>>
>>47173606
I regret telling my gf how much I look at, think and read about this hobby. She's concerned about my "obsession" with the little plastic men.
>>
>>47173697
Good for you man, long as you're happy together!

But anyways, my problem is more that the girls I know either just don't play 40k, don't know anything about it, or are a 'Gamer Girl'.

Honestly, the girl I like would most likely love to paint them at least, because man, she is a great artist. Did a cool psychadelic multicolor portrait of Walt Disney as an art project.

Funnily enough, she'd probably love tyranids, both as a painting tool, and the fact that she thinks bugs in general are cute.

Anyways, back on topic, I play IG, but I'm looking to start playing 'Nids, how good of a deal is the Starter box, and is buying more than one viable?
>>
>>47173498
>but there is just an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence confirming the extreme faggotry of Tau players over the past few years

Whoa there, I didn't realize we were dealing with "extreme amounts of anecdotal evidence"! And here I was thinking you were full of shit!
>>
>>47173815

>stick a Burst cannon on a crisis suit

I see it frequently against Orks, usually thrown in with a Flamer or two.
>>
>>47173841
>implying your post isn't proof of Tau players being faggots

>b-but I don't even play Tau! I'm just posting anyway because only enlightened euphoric asthetes like myself play devil's advocate

So you're either a raging Taufaggot or just a plain old autistic "well akshually" faglord.
>>
>>47173837
It's a pretty good deal, in the sense that you're getting a good value of plastic for the money. Whether or not the units are worthwhile is more debatable.

The Hive tyrant certainly is when using wings, and gargoyles can be okay. It's mainly the warrirors that fall short.

I wouldn't really suggest getting more than one. You'd be better off branching into Zoanthropes and other support organisms for some more variety and versatility.
>>
>>47173879

Whoa boy, you called me an autistic faglord as well! Well that seals the deal right there. Didn't realize I was dealing with a professional.
>>
Another general derailed, ruined, and shat up by Tau. And yet morons still have the gall to wonder why Tau are hated, and rightly so.
>>
>>47173854
I just wish people would have a bit more fun with their suit loadouts. Too much focus on them being optimal.

Swapping weapons before you fight things is obnoxious as well, though at least the dudes I play with don't seem to do that.
>>
File: THRONE OF TERRA.gif (293 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
THRONE OF TERRA.gif
293 KB, 300x225
>>47173355
Alright anon, only two of those things are actually deplorable so chill out.

>>47173393
It's true.
Every DA player I've met dressed respectably, knew the rules well, and was happy to just shoot the shit after the game (win or lose).

>>47173494
If you want I'll break down what I said by chapter (>>47173310) even though DA still end up being the most bro-tier marine players.

Ultras: either new players or SPIRITUAL LIEGE-ISTS.
Imperial Fists: shockingly most likely to crack a joke of all marine players unlike their chapter.
Salamanders: knows enough lore to say "my dudes aren't dicks to people" but that's about it.
Raven Guard: Owns Halo clothing or wallet.
Iron Hands: most likely to quote their chapter motto during the game of all marines.
Black Templars: will paraphrase the Redeemer throughout the game if fighting non-Imperial armies
Red Scorpions: never fought but I remember seeing a neo-nazi had a RS army online.
Space Sharks: will probably say "Rip & Tear" at least once and tries to convince people their army is cool.
Raptors: plays like Operators Operating Operationally, has never served in military, and tries to convince people their army is cool.
Minotaurs: has the look of someone who was bullied as a child but their shit is well painted.
The rest of the FW marines: literally who?

Lamenters: very invested in forging the narrative if it concerns their dudes dying also see Salamanders.
Flesh Tearers: I'm not even sure they exist other than seeing taxis painted in their colors (guess that might change after the FAQ lol).
>>
/tg/ When I face Tau, what should not be primary targets be. I use Crimson Fists with two full squads of Sternguard in Drop Pods, Pedro Kantor with Honour Guard and a Librarian in a Pod, two squads of Scouts in Land Speeder Storms, a squad of Lascannon Devastators, and a Raptor Wing (two Stormtalons with Skyhammers, and a HB/TML Speeder). Also, what should I give the Librarian to maximize Pedro and IT's survivability?
>>
>>47174036
Kill our source of markerlights. Then we get to hit on 4's minimum.
>>
What a general formula for selling your army?

I have like 2500 points of Necrons I am considering selling but I don't know if I should post them on ebay or a different site as well as not knowing how to price them. They are in a plastic tub with decent packing but it would probably cost an arm to ship.
>>
So, I'm building an Inquisition army. Plenty of formations from other codexes; any suggestions?
>>
Soeaking of the Flesh Tearers' Taxi service could someone draw Seth as a Taxi driver?
>>
>>47174036
Markerlights first then have your Stern come in and grav up some creatures. Also run 3 units of 3 sterns and a Librarius conclave and put a libby in each unit of stern as well as a drop pod. Gives you two turn one.
>>
>>47173815
It just seems unnecessary. If you want to mow down hordes, just use some piranhas or stealth suits. Way cheaper for that, and you can fill another role with the Crisis suit.

A crisis suit with 2 burst cannons is 42 points.

A piranha dropping the same number of shots, half TL at BS2, is 40 points.
>>
>>47174045
So go after the Pathfinders with the Ignores Cover Sternguard Ammo? Since it is AP5, I can probably wipe out a squad or two each turn with just the Sternguard.
>>
>>47172867
BA aren't Twilightfags. They don't sparkle. They might be pretty boy vampires, but that's what vampires have pretty much always been, to come degree.

I've always wanted to do an army of Carcharadons and Flesh Tearers. MAXIMUM RIP AND TEAR.
>>
>>47174105
Either the Pathfinders, Tetras, or the Shas'Obama drones. The Drones have an extra BS and they're tankier for taking the formation, so they're a bit harder to kill because they can jink.
>>
>>47174090
Both Sternguard Squads have 5 Combi-Meltas. I think I might build the second squad with Combi-Grav instead though. I actually have ZERO Grav in my entire army right now. Apparently I am doing it wrong.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.