[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ - Shadowrun General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117
File: 1462302853234.jpg (675 KB, 1170x910) Image search: [Google]
1462302853234.jpg
675 KB, 1170x910
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>47129745
>Wired Reflexes or Move by Wire- a comparison.jpg
>Flexing_for_the_Tirs.sim
>ARES_Catalog.pdf
>The myth of weak elves debunked.trid

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 34 (95% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Meet muscle-elves in your area'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Flexing_their_"Charisma".BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon
>>
>>47166597
That's something a GM will work out when replacing someone within the target location. More common is to impersonate someone with authority to be present, or has been transferred recently. The decker gets involved by ensuring the digital documentation looks legit.

Also; you should have some serious Mission Impossible gear or magic. Why even bother, otherwise?
>>
>>47167844

MI shit is crazy expensive and generally of fairly limited utility unless you are playing a really specialized covert ops style game. Let's be honest most people talk about playing operators but when push comes to shove Pink Mohawk is the best.
>>
File: 1438969443151.jpg (73 KB, 468x1294) Image search: [Google]
1438969443151.jpg
73 KB, 468x1294
>>47166946
>Implying that's an elf and not a troll with metatype reduction

Those shoulders are broad enough to support a truck.
>>
>>47168588
Elves can get 6 STR/6 BOD just as easy as anyone else, omae.
>>
File: 1438566081136.jpg (88 KB, 492x705) Image search: [Google]
1438566081136.jpg
88 KB, 492x705
>>47168720
It's not solely muscle, though; she's big-boned, in the 'her clavicle could double as a surfboard' way.
>>
>>47168798
Well, comparing her shoulder width to the barrett (assuming it's an M82) her should width could be ~14-18 inches, which isn't too crazy.
>>
File: Locker Room.jpg (346 KB, 1280x987) Image search: [Google]
Locker Room.jpg
346 KB, 1280x987
>>47168902
Elven shoulders should be slim and angular. Trust me, I've spent a lot of time examining the reference material carefully.
>>
>>47168902
Also, according to the creator it's a Barrett M107, though I don't think it's any bigger.
>>
>>47168798
>>47168902
>>47168925

The real secret is that it's neither. The guy who did the lineart described her as a "...catgirl, probably?" which is how I found it and added it to my folder.
>>
File: 1445456388672.jpg (101 KB, 900x634) Image search: [Google]
1445456388672.jpg
101 KB, 900x634
>>47169000
You can't take my SURGEd trollgirls away from me, catposter.
>>
/srg/ here's a question:

What's the runner name of your most recently made character? How did they get it?
>>
>>47169030

Wasn't trying to. My first reaction to finding it was "holy shit I found art that makes a convincing troll catgirl." In the original lineart she's got overtly feline eyes and everything.
>>
>>47169000
You know what's the best about that picture?
What she's holding is most likely a Dragunov, it's about as tall or slightly taller than her.
Dragunov is like 120cm long.
>>
>>47169110
Reboot. I'll let you guess why, even f it is obvious.
>>
File: parkour_by_shadowstar-d8h89rd.png (660 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
parkour_by_shadowstar-d8h89rd.png
660 KB, 1024x681
>>47169110

Snowflake.

In-character, it's because she's albino (and got the name for that before SURGE got involved.)

Out-of-game, it's because I have some awareness about the silly character concept and it helps justify playing her by wrapping things in several layers of irony.

>>47169217

They're a fan of mid-nineties CGI tv-shows?
>>
File: Pixie Rifle.jpg (116 KB, 600x1066) Image search: [Google]
Pixie Rifle.jpg
116 KB, 600x1066
>>47169191
>>
>>47169110
Lily Casablanca.
Of course it's a fake name, and of course it's not a chick. He's a face-mage who always felt that female faces could get away with more, and when he had to ditch Denver after betraying his team to the Tir for a large payoff and a few useful favors, he took advantage of biosculpting and gender reassignment being light on the Essence. Now he's settled down in Seattle, playing the "perfect teammate" with the aid of a bit of bioware and not a lot of shame, trying to use his new appeal and his acting skills to create a new network and "live life on easy mode", as he puts it himself.
>>
File: Tip.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
Tip.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>47169579
How much does a subscription to r/TheRedPill knowsofts cost per month?
>>
>>47169625
He has enough money, at least.
It's a character element that he's far from right about it, but he's just right enough and just good enough at cherrypicking to believe that he's honestly won the game of life. That's the one thing that really risks exposing him despite his acting skills - he thinks all women are as entitled as he is, and he draws an artificially large amount of attention to how easy it makes his life.
>>
>>47169110
The Fuck.

He's an insane hobo street gun-adept who goes around on his custom motorcycle and pair of roomsweepers. His name comes from the fact that when he does anything, it's usually insane and stupid (still somehow working, though, like knocking out a pair of guards by spilling water near the toilets and slipping laxatives into the guards' drinks) usually making people go "the fuck?".
>>
>>47168956
M107 is the designation the US military gives to the M82, so yeah, same size.
>>
>>47169110
Whistleblower, I posted her here last night, she's an independent investigative journalist who uses shadowrunning to both get cash and access to corp secrets, which she then sends to news outlets and uploads onto the matrix under one of her many personas.
>>
>>47169693

So this a completely bullshit "lol traps are hot amirite" meets redpill circlejerk? Because I can't see pretending to be a girl because "lol it's easier" being something people would do in the 2070s.

Even then you'd think he'd come up with a less dramatic way of turning on the easy button because honestly a twinky male face aka stereotypical elf could easily masquerade as a female without doing gender reassignment.
>>
>>47169110
Steel Rod, fully known as "Steel" Roderick Valentine. Was a car thief before Crash 2.0, switched to B&E afterwards.
>>
>>47169830
First of all, this is the 2050s, and as such social norms haven't dissolved under SURGE, metasapients and drakes. Older social norms are still strong back then, and even in the 2070's there's not complete, perfect equality.
Second off, he's neither twinky nor an elf (because not all faces are min-maxed), and on top of that he wants the disguise to be perfect so he can use seduction as a tool.
Third off, he's trying to hide from the Denver shadowrunning community and everyone connected to it, because they want him to hang for betraying his group to the Tir during a run against them.
You really seem scared of the concept, don't you? I know I might come off as autismal with this long rebuttal, but I knew that I was going to get shit for a character that actually makes logical sense (the actual character background is much longer) because it includes something that can be taken as "magical realm". The character doesn't arouse me in the least, and you can disbelieve that if you want to.
>>
>>47169404
Nope, he's a decker. He like to reboot things... after installing a couple of surprises with the Bootstrap program.
>>
In 4e where can datajacks be installed on a person?
>>
>>47169933
>dissolved under SURGE, metasapients and drakes
SURGE, drakes, and metasapients are all extremely rare though, most people could go their entire lives without seeing more than two or three of them, except for Evo employees but they're a weird bunch at Evo.
>>
>>47171077
SURGE made a huge splash when it hit, started a new wave of discrimination and apocalyptic panic, and generally was perfectly well public knowledge. Not a lot of people were affected, but it definitely got a ton of media coverage - even more than goblinization in its first weeks, I'd assume, since all the world's media outlets would be more likely to believe such an outlandish story now that the Sixth Age had lasted for more than six decades.
>>
>>47169110
Adrianne. She wants people to think she's french, and as of yet she's got everyone convinced that it's actually her name.
>>
>>47169110
Herald Bloodtooth. They are a troll with a nordic background who recently discovered that his tusks were not just for show.
>>
Is there any way to "pass" marks on? A face uses social engineering to get a mark on their commlink. Can they then pass a mark onto the decker?
>>
>>47171401
Unless you're a Techno the answer is not really, but the good news is that depending on what it is, you may not need to.

If it's a file and you managed to get a mark, you are probably not going to have any difficulty in making a copy and passing it to the decker.

The exception is if you were somehow given the owner's mark. Then you can give marks away like crazy on everything on the device.
>>
>>47171077
>SURGE
>Extremely rare

It affected 1% of the population, IIRC. That's a pretty significant chunk, enough that most people probably knew someone who got hit by SURGE in at least a small way.

>>47171401

If you have a mark on the owner's icon, you can use Spoof Command to have the device use Invite Mark to give your decker marks. Otherwise not so much.

For files, though, all you need is a mark on the file to copy, edit, or delete. It's one of the better use cases for social hacking.
>>
How do I make a campaign centered around water, boats and small island towns work?
>>
>>47171812
Yar, harr, fiddle di dee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo-OYwh6KHA
>>
File: 39-1.jpg (90 KB, 501x300) Image search: [Google]
39-1.jpg
90 KB, 501x300
>>47171812
Caribbean League. Competing gangs controlling various locales, a corrupt pseudo-national police force patrolling the waves, and corps constantly trying to buy their way in. Wash it with hot sun, hot lead, and hot drugs. Pastel shirts and double-breasted white suits a must.
>>
File: Night of Rage.jpg (116 KB, 835x557) Image search: [Google]
Night of Rage.jpg
116 KB, 835x557
>The sprawl is not always kind to metas—just look at who they keep electing at governor—but this spot is a reminder that the struggles metahumans face is not completely ignored. It’s not the most obvious monument around, since it is located in the basement of the Bicson Building, but many visitors find it quite moving. A twenty-meter wall depicting the Night of Rage and its aftermath, the rawness of the violence depicted and the emotions on the faces of the metas on the wall often bring visitors to tears. Memorial gifts of flowers and guards are regularly left at the wall.

>Memorial gifts of flowers and guards are regularly left at the wall.

CGL editing has convinced me that there is a lone hood out there with a thirst for vengeance, hunting down racist officers and leaving their broken bodies at the carved feet of the dead. Any recommendations for this vigilante character? I figure either an orc or troll, laced with cyber, specializing in infiltration and close-range fights.
>>
>>47172054
Someone working for Metroplex Guard/Lone Star/Knight Errant by day and Batmanning by night? Not sure if an average citizen's life is too monitored for this to work.
>>
>>47171951
Any material on Caribbean league?
>>
>>47172054
Cyber-and-drug powered dwarf with Willpower 8 (9 when the pain editor's on).
>>
>>47172120
http://shadowhelix.pegasus.de/Karibische_Liga#Quellenindex

just look at the books at the bottom of the page
>>
File: 1437223832034.jpg (1 MB, 900x1463) Image search: [Google]
1437223832034.jpg
1 MB, 900x1463
>>47172108
Once you get the hang of 'leave the commlink broadcasting your SIN at home while your trideo player shows constant episodes of Neil the Orc Barbarian', you can get pretty far.

>>47172125
Drugs are a good idea, but why Willpower 8?
>>
>>47172157
Neat.
>>
>>47172162
To get to 9 with the Pain Editor, and as a joke about the bloody-minded dedication that has to go into that kind of bloody work.
>>
>>47172196
Fair point. And it'll be helpful if any guard tries to use nonlethal means to subdue our intrepid hero.
>>
>>47169110
Malk
It sounds like shitty milk
also it's short for Malkuth the lowest sephirot on the tree of life. Unlike the other sephirot it does not represent an aspect of god, only the mere shadow of his glory. Since he lacks astral projection he's also cut off from the more "spiritual" side of magic use. The character is a bitter, cabalist MysAd with a bunch of ware. He needs a power focus and a drugs just to stay relevant.
>>
>>47172224
Armor up enough and it's all non-lethal. (But that's what the Pain Editor's for.)

Actually, take a page from Max Willpower Dwarf (Insert Matrix Type here), and get Cyber-singularity Seeker. Use those nice arms for even more survivability.
>>
>>47172273
>a jewish mysad

It's like a unicorn with a weapon focus
>>
>>47169110
Sin Djinn.
>>
>>47169110
Corbin. He selected it as an alias and tends to cycle through them every so often -- usually names like Rook, Corvo, Bran, and Jackdaw. Troll adept with a special fondness for throwing knives, punching, and stealth. He was especially good at the last one.
>>
>>47173314
What's with the corvidae theme?
>>
File: Malk.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Malk.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
>>47172273
Malk

Question: I've never DM'd Shadowrun, but I've played the games and read some of the books. I'm about to pick up where our current DM is going to leave off, and I got 4 runs planned before handing the reigns back to him. The last run though I want the players to contract low grade FAB-3 and the Johnson bugs out on them and calls Knight Errant. The scenario would be Knight Errant closes down the entire block and players have to evade KE and break out of the KE barrier without being chased so they can get decontaminated/wait out the virus.

I want this 'run' to be fast paced where the players feel the KE noose closing in on them. I know UV light and AMP can detect FAB-3, but what other methods can I use for KE to track my players? They would have physical descriptions from the Johnson but that's it.
>>
>>47169110
Biker. He rides motorbikes.

He's changing it after a terrible incident involving armored cars, motorcycles, rocket launchers, and crippling wounds, and jail time. I'm still thinking about what to name him now, since he no longer really does what I started him out as.
>>
>>47173344
Easy to think up new names. Plus, I just like them.
>>
>>47170456
Anywhere. In one of the little mini books they mention center of the (false) eye, palms, bellybutton (TurboBunny has hers there) and the usual 'somewhere on the skull'.
>>
>>47172054
Does this include hunting down elf officers who look down on everyone else, including humans?
>>
File: Officer Knifeears.jpg (78 KB, 570x1268) Image search: [Google]
Officer Knifeears.jpg
78 KB, 570x1268
>>47173469
Well, active racists are obviously at the top of the list, but some dandelion-eaters probably get Justice every now and then.

Also, don't know what to name the guy- 'The Shadow' is what I'm working with, and it's terrible.
>>
>>47173371

4-No-More

"I used to have 4 wheels...no more"
>>
>>47173368
mages. FAB-3 eats ambient mana, so they can see if there is a mana ebb/void
>>
>>47173653
To expand on that, an astrally projecting mage or a spirit on the astral could cover a ton of ground very quickly, making finding those ebbs fairly easy. Combine that with aerial drone coverage that goes to investigate possible locations the players are at, and Knight Errant can scour the city thoroughly in a fraction of the time it would take in the physical world.

Of course, if the players do something like enter an extraterritorial zone where they don't take too kindly to nosy spirits, or someplace like a toxic zone that can cover up their auras...
>>
>>47173739

Haha >>47173368 here, I forgot about astral projection. How long can someone stay astral projected?
>>
>>47173855
In 4e at least MAG hours. Remember that astrally projecting mages are FAST. One defense against watching spirits is that they may be moving so Fast that they overlook you. But it's pretty hard to overlook mana ebbs/voids
>>
>>47173918
>In 4e at least MAG hours
*"in 4e: MAG hours"
>>
>>47173918
>it's pretty hard to overlook mana ebbs/voids

Well, depending on how big it is; the party probably isn't creating a huge pocket with the trace amounts they're carrying. That said, any wagemage can crank out several F1 spirits and send them off hunting, and they'll still go very fast.
>>
I want to make an AI specifically so I can super fucking infiltrate areas normal organics can't.

Is this a fair enough idea?

I mean, spirits and mages are going to overlook the shit out of a drone body, and a drone body can stay still in a hidden position for hours.
>>
I'm working on a Black Magician character and trying to incorporate Left Hand Path sensibilities to the tradition, and a big part of that (and mentioned in the books) is rejection of social norms and rebelling against the status quo. What exactly does this mean in the context of the Sixth World, besides inverted crosses and Hail Satan? It seems more sexually liberated than now, depending on ones parent culture, so I doubt sexifying things adds any magical oomph (also it'd probably just make things uncomfortable).
>>
Sup /srg/ I've been away since before Lockdown, having gotten a lot more into other RPGs.

What other retarded bullshit has occured in 5e in the last year?
>>
File: 1437226478883.jpg (201 KB, 992x1053) Image search: [Google]
1437226478883.jpg
201 KB, 992x1053
>>47174897
Headcases are going to space. They've backtracked on that metaplot, replaced it with the much better Corporate Revision (The Court is reviewing how many A's each corp deserves, it's causing panic and we might end up with new AAA's or some AA super-alliances).
>>
>>47175047
Jesus Christ could they possibly attach any more RAILZ to that poor MP7?
>>
>>47171611

Yeah. Surge is slightly less common than 'Red Hair'.

It's actually interesting how much people underestimate the numbers of some of the Weird stuff in shadowrun.
>>
File: Awakened Population.png (31 KB, 287x111) Image search: [Google]
Awakened Population.png
31 KB, 287x111
>>47171611
>>47175415
Year of the Comet said it was 'less than 1%', and the numbers are not likely to have significantly increased since then. Personally, I cut these Awakened stats in half; about 0.7% of Seattle (25,000 people) is SURGEd to some level, and of that about 2,500 are significantly mutated (SURGE III).
>>
>>47172354
>He had mild allergy to sunlight and a super sense of smell (enhanced pheromone receptors)
>He also had shitty physical stats made average by ware
I didn't mean to go /pol/ but I guess I went pretty /pol/
Of course being a shadowrunner he was shit with money, so not full jew I guess.

Also the hermetic tradition is really close to cabalism. Every mage has a little bit of jew in them.
>>
>>47173977
Depends on how heavily your GM uses magical overwatch, I guess. You'll probably find that the karma tax you pay for being an AI, coupled with the boatload of attributes you need to be functional makes the idea difficult to work with.

Generally speaking AI are trash.
>>
File: Assault Cannon.jpg (33 KB, 235x444) Image search: [Google]
Assault Cannon.jpg
33 KB, 235x444
>>47175561
Hey yekkers, is there a way to modify the restricted gear purchases? IE make something that is normally restricted not restricted so it can be bought for nuyen without the extra karma tax?
>>
>>47169110

Amy Lovelock
Her real name is Amethyst.
>>
File: 1462687949204.png (1 MB, 1500x1042) Image search: [Google]
1462687949204.png
1 MB, 1500x1042
How much and what kind of guns should a Runner have at char gen when his role is basically to be the gunman?
>>
File: Screenshot (103).png (74 KB, 1197x749) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (103).png
74 KB, 1197x749
>>47175561
All the heavy weapons except Missile Launchers are returning the same error.
>>
>>47175608
Override xml would be the best bet,
>>47175611
<3~
>>47175720
>5.177
Well there's your problem. You're about... 200 commits behind.
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/
I really need to get the release schedule back on track.
>>
>>47175761
Do I just get the lastest Chummer.Nightly.zip, then... extract it? How does a computer retard go about getting access to assault cannons?
>>
>>47175895
>lastest

I'm also apparently an English retard, so please use small words.
>>
>>47175895
Yup, extract it anywhere and run it. You'll need .Net 4.5.1, but aside from that it should all run properly. Aside from the terrible bugs.
>>
Do you need a large drone to transport a person? And is an anthro drone big enough to do that? Rigger 5.0 is a bit vague on the issue.

Also, how do you modify that drone from B&B for personal transportation if Rigger Cocoon is a vehicle accessory and not a drone one?
>>
>>47175680

Consider filling these categories. Sometimes the first one is optional.

>Big, Illegal Gun
For when drek hits the fan. You might need to be able to damage a high-force spirit, or a cybered up troll, or shoot out the engine block of a speeding cargo van. These guns do that.
Automatics: Ares Alpha with APDS is an /srg/ meme for a reason
Longarms: Pretty much anything with a 12+ damage code
Assault Cannons: They're all big, can't really go wrong

>Solid, but not Illegal gun
Automatics: FN HAR/AK-97
Longarms: most Sporting Rifles, Remington 990, Remington 950

>Concealable Gun
Automatics: A nice machine pistol
Pistols: Heavy pistol, or something smaller if you don't have any Palming

Have some APDS, Stick & Shock, and either Gel or Regular ammo for each, depending on if you prefer nonlethal or lethal.
>>
File: Proper Reward.jpg (73 KB, 680x616) Image search: [Google]
Proper Reward.jpg
73 KB, 680x616
>>47175982
Thanks.

Also, any plan to add the signature weapons from Hard Targets?

>>47176127
Some of the large drones seem capable of hauling someone, like the Mule, but not with any turn of speed and no trolls unless it specifically states that they can carry people. TO modify the Dustoff, I'd just ask my GM If I could replace the medical suite with a cocoon and use the vehicle rules to do so.
>>
>>47176191
Not the guy your responding to, but what would you count cyberguns installed into your arm or whatever as? Concealable or no because MAD scanners?
>>
>>47176333
Not the anon you're responding to, but I'd say they're concealable. You're not going to sneak a machine pistol through a MAD scanner anyways, a concealed weapon is one that's 'hidden enough' to avoid casual notice.
>>
>>47176294
Are they not in there? I thought we'd included everything from Hard Targets.
>>
File: df6ca9b4ae9ce54089b0782818e0f891.jpg (948 KB, 1246x1181) Image search: [Google]
df6ca9b4ae9ce54089b0782818e0f891.jpg
948 KB, 1246x1181
>>47176333

I'd say concealable. Oftentimes it's more about being able to walk down a street without someone realizing you're packing than it is about getting through a security checkpoint.

Being able to get something through a checkpoint is pretty nice, though.
>>
>>47176411
I can't find any of them; I was specifically looking for the collapsible scythe, but it's not under Blades or Exotic Melee Weapons, and the search function can't find it or any of the others.

Also, there's a 'Cloaks' category under armour, but no way to actually buy a cloak.
>>
>>47176568
You don't have all the books turned on, then.
>>
File: Sorry.gif (791 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
Sorry.gif
791 KB, 245x245
>>47176630
>>
>>47176380
>>47176488
True enough, think I'm just a bit paranoid. My GM really likes black trenchcoat and often throws scanners (and damn spirits) all over our runs. He's caught us with mad scanners in skylights before, that run wasn't a pretty sight.
>>
>>47176799
>mad scanners in skylights

Jesus.

That's the point when seriously consider rolling an Unarmed biosam or investing in scanner-defeating weapons like Sapphire Knives, Streetline Specials, Shiawase Puzzlers, or HK Urban Combats.
>>
What would a typical Knight Errant team/squad be comprised of?
>>
>>47177030

Typically, KE works in pairs, much like modern police. A patrol is two guys, and detectives work with a partner. Pairings are made so that the two complement each other. I imagine this means you'll rarely see two mages or two adepts together.

If you're talking about a KE SWAT or HTR team, then I don't have a good source for that, but I'd imagine they'd be significantly larger.
>>
>>47175680
Generally, it depends on the firearm skills being taken, and the price range you are looking to go for. Let me start by skill type, then go into price range

PISTOLS:
>Low Budget:
2x Streetline special, vintage, personalized grip (440), throwaway weaons, nees a license
Defiance EX Shocker, Personalized grip (350), perfectly legal
Fichetti Executive action, suppressor, personalized grip (900), illegal, slightly less expensive than a stock light fire 75, good for plugging guards silently
Onotari arms violator, trigger removal (600) you need a smartlink system, but this weapon is the cheapest ass way of being accurate and getting a smartlink. Susceptible to hackers, needs a license
>middle of the road
Defiance EX Shocker, Melee Hardening, Personalized grip (850) same as above, only won't break when you smack someone with it
2x streetline special, vintage, concealable holster, personalized grip (740) same as above, only you can hide it better
Ares light fire 75, trigger removal, bayonet (top mount) (1350) taps guards even quieter than the Fishitty, illegal, smartlinked, susceptible to hackers
Savalette Guardian, extended clip (r2) trigger removal, foregrip, gecko grip (1155) basically a carbine, you can upgrade it from here, but if you want a rifle that can use the pistol skill, slap an improved range finder on top for an extra 2000
>high budget
I still recommend the street special for stealth holdouts, but additionally, you can sneak in a heavy pistol in a hollowed out commlink or something of the like, by adding unpowered breakdown (750). The MAD fooler is not there, but one can disguise a super warhawk as a particularly bulky tech item or the like. Additionaly, one can spring for ceramic components (not available at chargen) for 725 - 4000, that helps fool a MAD scanner, but this is incompatible with smartlinks or any "complicated tech" mods, so generally a vintage superhawk is the way to go when making your terracotta warrior
>>
>>47175680
If your team also does not have a decker, consider taking the AK-98 instead of the Ares Alpha as your illegal gat, as those have almost the same stats and the AK is vintage by default, so no hackers bricking your gun or detecting its icon with matrix perception
>>
>>47175680
This depends on whether you're a Pistols, Automatics, or Longarms kind of Shadowrunner.

I suggest a loud gun, your Ares Alpha, your AA-16, your Savalette Guardian with Extended Mags, Gas Vents, and a collapsible stock. The kind of gun you pull when you know you'll be going loud and you need the firepower.

You should also have a quiet gun. Easy to conceal and usually suppressed, this is what you carry on you when you don't want your gun to be spotted until you draw it and take a guy out. This gun can often be your "always carry with you gun" as well, just remember that suppressors are illegal. Machine pistols, Light/Holdout pistols, and you can carry a sawed off stockless double barrel.

Also valuable are throw-away guns which you can carry on runs where you might need to burn your weapon and leave it during a job.
>>
>>47177121
Generally HTR / hostage rescue have 5 members, 1 decker, 1 rigger (armored car or helicopter, corp's choice), 1 mage (combat, detection, or healing, depending on situation), and 2 (augs optional) gunmen. That is not to say that the other three cannot shoot, but these guys are specialists. As a GM, you want to make all of your enemies interesting, and HTR should be an interesting challenge (if not death sentence), so generally the 2 shooters are a breacher and a lmg suppressor. HTR teams use asymmetric combat, which means that they brick the Sam's ware with the decker, and stop the rigger's death-mobile with a choice lightning bolt. If the runners want to win, they generally need to engage in direct combat with their counterparts, much like how one uses their queen to keep the opponents queen from moving in chess.

A note on snipers:

Sniper HTR teams are different, as they stay far away from the runners, and utilize far more defensive tactics to the regular HTR team's offense play. You could see a marksman adept and a cybereyes spotter as a team, or any combination you can think of. However, for mot calls, the HTR snipers do not need to be called in unless the threat needs to be dispatched in 1 shot, for example in a hostage situation. So if your runners get smart and take Bob Bigwig the corp hitter hostage, if the corp cannot afford to lose him they will stake out and surround the building, and only rush in as a last resort if the snipers fail to pop the heads of the runner holding a gun to the head of Mr. Bigwig.
>>
>>47175680

Pistols-
Non-Lethal Option- Defiance Taser
Light Pistol- Executive Action for the BF
Heavy Pistol- Savalette for the BF and Predator for the rule of cool
Machine Pistol- Steyr TMP for low cost spray and pray with FA
SMG- Ingram X because it's an easy way to get legal supressor
Assault Rifle- AK97 for Restricted and decent damage code and cheap enough to dump
Go-time Rifle- Ares Alpha is illegal as fuck but if you gotta kill something it's a solid option
Shotgun- Remington 990 for legal boomstick
Mossberg for maximum bangbang
Sniper- Desert strike for long range killing and EBR for flexibility
>>
>>47177367

Hrmm I typically go with 10 squads + 2 support personnel that typically stay with the vehicle (Driver + Vehicle Gunner)

Field Commander running the PI-Tac
Combat Decker
Mage/Shaman
Drone Rigger
LMG or Grenade Launcher Gunner
4 Gunners
Field Medic
>>
File: 1457736816873.jpg (40 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
1457736816873.jpg
40 KB, 500x563
>>47166946
What do you think are same balanced rewards Karma and Nuyen wise for your groups you DM? I've read the handbook on it, but I'd like to hear from some vets.
>>
So /tg/, what would you *least* like to face-off in a firefight in shadowrun between these options:

A Tir Ghost team
A KE SWAT team
A Red Samurai response team
or a DocWagon HRT Team
>>
Where do I go if I want to start a game of SR?

I never see adds for Shadowrun in the Game Finder threads, thought to check here. What's the game like for people who tend to play straight men for the party?
>>
>>47177867
>>47177867
Roll20 is your best bet probably. /srg/ has some people who might be looking, but we are a flaky group of people. Playing the straight man is a lot of fun in Shadowrun because of how wacky your other runners tend to be.
>>
>>47177867
Hell if I know. I found one just by whining in here.
Being the straight man a thing you can do. I don't know why you'd want to when you can instead play an aging racist wizard or a pixie mecha pilot.
>>
>>47177886
I like being the character that facepalms at the sheer stupid and zany going on and shouting to stick to the plan and keep it professional looking at the very least
>>
>>47177809

Tir Ghost for sure because the magical support is probably insane

Then Red Samurai because they are typically chromed to the max
>>
>>47177886
How straight man can you be in Shadowrun? My last decker was sort of a chinese knockoff hacker son of a goldfarmer, had two charisma but somehow managed to pop off a bunch of one-liners, and had a green cyberarm that he could store his SMG in and flick out by pointing his fingers. That sounds pretty zany.
>>
>>47178233
>How straight man can you be in Shadowrun?
You could be Rock from Black Lagoon.
>>
>>47175680
Handy dandy review of every (?) gun in SR5
http://www.carpeomnis.com/2015/06/10/shadowrun-armory/
>>
File: 4b991efd385643f303a4ed5690a64443.jpg (456 KB, 1280x1501) Image search: [Google]
4b991efd385643f303a4ed5690a64443.jpg
456 KB, 1280x1501
>>47178233
>>47178250

Yeah, the newly SINless corporate wageslave is a great background for a straight man.
>>
>>47177973
The straight man is an important gig. Somebody has to be able to meet the pizza guy at the door without him begging his manager for armed escort next time, scan me?

>>47178250
Like dis.
>>
>>47178233
My last runner was a heavy weapons specialist and former UCAS military man and patriot. I played him pretty close to the straight man. At least compared to my autistic friends (ooc and in character).
>>
>>47178277
>>47178279
It's also an important role from a "Holy fuck guys maybe we shouldn't kidnap someone's mother and pull her fingernails until he does what we want" standpoint.
"Moral" characters are good to have because they create conflict and good roleplaying opportunity.
>>
>>47178279
I scan you clear, you always need someone that isn't a complete sociopath to talk to people
>>
File: helixel__by_hoyhoykung-d8bxyk6.jpg (91 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
helixel__by_hoyhoykung-d8bxyk6.jpg
91 KB, 424x600
>>47178323
>"Moral" characters are good to have because they create conflict and good roleplaying opportunity.

Agreed. It's times when my character isn't around that the face starts executing secretaries and kicking people out of airplanes.

>>47178325
>always need someone that isn't a complete sociopath to talk to people

And sometimes the sociopath is the face and you wonder how things are going to go wrong this time.
>>
Now I want to make an ex-Lone Star beat cop who got fucked over and made to take the fall for his superiors.
How should I go about this? Face/Street Sam focusing on pistols and less-than-lethal force seems to be what I'm thinking now.
>>
Does anyone have Serrated Edge, Amber Waves of Grain or Killing Pawn?
>>
>>47178323
Our group was both very pink mohawk and surprisingly generally moral - not killing unless it became necessary, for instance. We had a troll DMPC that was adored by one and all for his ability to take copious amounts of drugs and distract cops by stealing their cars.

And then most of our group ended up ded or separated, and my character lost control of his legs. Pretty dark end for what had honestly been a fairly lighthearted game.
>>
>>47178388
Yeah, one time our team planned to kidnap a persons mother to blackmail him, and my elf bio-sam shut that shit down and we had to think up an inferior plan as a result.
That elf was fun to play in that he was really really good at killing shit, but he hated killing shit and just wanted to live a normal life. At one point he spent three rounds trying to stabilize a dying guard who had taken a stray bullet and was bleeding out in front of him instead of picking up his rifle and providing sniper support.
>>
>>47178279
>>47178323
>>47178325
Being a face and being a moralistic straight man are two different things. Hell, being a face and being sane are two different things.
Citation: my face has a guy tied up in her RV right now, and she plans on torturing him for his bank account details once she gets back from the current run.
>>
>>47169110
Blue Note.

I tried to make a Stand User as my 2nd ever character.

He ended up turning into a Chaos Mage who runs from home because the cops got a call someone was practicing magic. He only got away because an earth spirit by the name Aesop Rock warned him, having watched Note practice every day since he was a kid.
>>
File: Duncan Donuts Wu.png (246 KB, 486x750) Image search: [Google]
Duncan Donuts Wu.png
246 KB, 486x750
>>47178416
>ex-Lone Star beat cop
>less-than-lethal force

Duncan "Subdue Your Whole Crew" Wu
Duncan "A Ziptie for Every Guy" Wu
Duncan "Stoppin' Fights and Readin' Rights" Wu
Duncan "Drop the Hammer, Throw 'em in the Slammer" Wu
Duncan "Rough 'em up, Cuff 'em up" Wu
Duncan "Run and Stun" Wu
>>
>>47178615
>>47178615
>Duncan "Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" Wu
>>
>>47178615
Kek
>>
>>47178615
>>47178642
Duncan "Bad Boys Bad Boys Whatchu Gonna Do" Wu
Duncan "Bunkin' With the Truncheon" Wu
>>
Okay.

Weapon Foci are melee only.

What if you enchant your pistols for your gunkata fighting? If you're using your pistols to hit people, can you enchant your pistol butts?
>>
>>47178929
Yes, also make sure to get elemental weapon (fire).
>>
>>47178615
>>47178642
>>47178669
Duncan "Tied, Bound, and a Ride Downtown" Wu
Duncan "You Break the Law, I Break Ya Jaw" Wu
Duncan "I Arrest Demons" Wu
>>
>>47179272
Duncan "Two in the Poo" Wu
Duncan "Grab Ya By the Do" Wu
Duncan "Gives You Oooooooo" Wu
Duncan "Woo Woo Woo" Wu
>>
>>47179653
>Duncan "Gives You Oooooooo" Wu
That monster
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 270x187) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 270x187
>>47180033
I knew it! Muthafuckin Chinamen!
>>
>>47178929

Totally. Pistolwhip Mcgee, they call him.

According to Run Faster, pistol butts do (STR + 1)P and use Clubs to hit.
>>
File: Duncan Wu.jpg (252 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Duncan Wu.jpg
252 KB, 1920x1080
>>47178615

Duncan "Flashbang Your Gang" Wu
Duncan "The Amateur Anesthesiologist" Wu
Duncan "The Seattle Sandman" Wu
Duncan "You Snooze You Lose" Wu
Duncan "An Unconscious Decision" Wu
Duncan "Cantonese Chloroform" Wu
>>
>>47180159
>Pistol whipping does physical
>Rifle butts do stun
???
>>
>>47180252

I don't get it either. Easy enough to houserule though.

Also, it's in Run & Gun, not Run Faster. My bad.
>>
What kinda 'ware would a ghoul need to look more human?
>>
>>47178615
Duncan "I'm too much of a pansy to be a shadowrunner" Wu.
>>
>>47180292
Cybereyes and any obvious chrome that takes the place of exposed skin.
>>
>>47180292

Cybereyes to hide the creepy cataracts.

Cyberhands or cyberarms to replace the freakish claws.

Second Skin to hide the nasty ghoul skin.
>>
>>47180292
Minor bio-sculpting, and either cyber-eyes, sensors + DNI, or radar/ultrasound cyberware/bioware.
>>
>>47169110
'Jovious.'

He ripped a name out of a fantasy adventure book in his apartment.
>>
On that note: ghouls seeing with cybereyes, yes or no, and why?
I allow it at my table, since ghouls are stated to go blind due to the formation of cataracts, not a deficiency of the optic nerve.
Also, apparently Reduced Sense(Blind) DOES work, but only as the critter weakness Reduced Sense in SR5 which states the creature could just have a weak sense or be totally deprived of it.
>>
File: kitty_by_endshark-d8va560.jpg (389 KB, 862x761) Image search: [Google]
kitty_by_endshark-d8va560.jpg
389 KB, 862x761
>>47180385

Previous editions explicitly allowed Ghouls to see with cybereyes, since their blindness is canonically just cataracts rather than any problems with the nervous system.
>>
>>47180385
>Also, apparently Reduced Sense(Blind) DOES work, but only as the critter weakness Reduced Sense in SR5 which states the creature could just have a weak sense or be totally deprived of it.
So it "only" works as intended ... ?
>>
>>47180451
The issue stems from it being listed as a quality, and there is a quality called Reduced Sense that just gives you -2 with a specific sense.
>>
File: 1332317431595.jpg (54 KB, 432x576) Image search: [Google]
1332317431595.jpg
54 KB, 432x576
>>47180418
Man, that's a cute picture. Sometimes you forget there's fun and cute stuff to do with Shadowrun too.
>>
>>47180479
Welcome to the wonderful world of CGL. Apparently they keep their writers and freelancers in individual cages.
>>
Hey /srg/, I am writing up a drug dealer/abuser kind of character and k had a weird idea.

Basically, along with everything else, the guy is also an alchemist, who sells preparations as Drugs as well.

Could I get away with that, or would the mechanics work against me?
>>
>>47180982
>Alchemist
Yeah, the mechanics are going to work against you.
>>
>>47181023

Yeah, I know that alchemy is pretty ass in general, but I felt like doing something weird in general.
>>
>>47180385
Unclear. Your call as GM.
>>
Anyone ever play around with the Amnesia Quality?

How did it work out?
>>
>>47181250
I can't remember.
>>
Question,

as a GM for 4th ed, am I justified in telling my players that im not allowing them to play as changelings?
I want a fairly grounded, realistic game as opposed to pink mohawk, but one of my players told me they plan on playing an awakened SURGE character.

Iunno, am I being a dick? I feel like I might be.
>>
>>47182193
You're not.
Special characters are special for a reason, and you should feel perfectly entitled to forbid them for any reason or none at all.
You can tell your player that you want more centralized themes, that you've had bad experiences and want to play it safe, that you just personally don't like them, that they hurt proper and relatable characterization through being defined by their specialness, or you can just sit down and talk to him about it, making it clear that he's not going to play it if he can't properly pitch it.
You're never a dick if the game hasn't begun yet. If the player can just up and walk away, you're not putting them in a bad situation or deceiving them, you're just asserting your right to run the kind of game you want, just like the player has the right to play only in the games they want.
"Player agency" is a buzzword nowadays that's used to conceal diluted, Wil Wheaton-tier handholding made to make Tumblrspawn and Facebook rejects feel like they're being "cool and geeky" without actually having to risk failure, dissapointment or consequences from being an asshole towards the GM. You're the one doing the most of the work, and you're the one who controls the themes and plot of the game. If the player doesn't want to play along, he's hurting everyone else - he's hurting your intended game, and through that he's pushing a more diffused, argument-filled and decentralized game on the others.
Tell him whatever you want, as long as you don't do what some "ebin trolls" on here do and sit him down at the table before trying to shit over his character five ways to Sunday.
>>
File: cyberpunkskyline.png (4 MB, 1919x1136) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunkskyline.png
4 MB, 1919x1136
So I want to DM because there is literally no game store, let alone shadowrun group, in my area. I have never DMed in my life Is there a way to bottom line the rules so I don't fuck everything up?

Is there a walkthrough of shadowrun somewhere?
>>
>>47182193
>I want a grounded game
The fuck are you doing playing shadowrun then?
>>47182254
Wow someone sounds butthurt. Show me on the doll where the player touched you.
>>
File: 8nRhciP.png (4 MB, 1448x2173) Image search: [Google]
8nRhciP.png
4 MB, 1448x2173
>>47182339
Forgot to mention, playing 5e
>>
File: Red Samurai.jpg (31 KB, 557x306) Image search: [Google]
Red Samurai.jpg
31 KB, 557x306
>>47177809
The Renraku boys all the way. The Ghosts would be worse as a enemy during a run (for example, trying to protect someone from a Tir hit squad), but in a straight-up fight the Samurai have the best gear, the best cyber, and the best support.
>>
File: 1438739526610.png (2 MB, 1300x3394) Image search: [Google]
1438739526610.png
2 MB, 1300x3394
>>47178257
That's pretty handy. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>47169110
Panties.
In game where other players collectively decided your street name. Seems to come from the bad habit of forgetting them everywhere.
>>
>>47180310
>>
>>47169110
Bob.

He's a 46-year-old ex-wageslave, and thinks everybody else has really fucking ridiculous nicknames.
>>
File: SR GM Advice.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SR GM Advice.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47182339
There's a handy advice sheet in the pastebin in OP. I've attached it here too. It's pretty solid stuff; I'm also new to GM'ing SR (I've done D&D for years now) so it seems to be a lot more freeform, more reliant on description of areas and players to come up with imaginative solutions.
>>
>>47182193
I hate to agree with 3e fag, but >>47182254 is right in his first line, if nowhere else.

SR is a game that benefits greatly from making characters together, in close concert with the other players and the GM. There's no problem if, during character creation, you ask that people stick as the 5 core metatypes. It's a dick move if you let your friend build his character, then reject it because you don't like SURGE.

Side note, you may be able to work out a compromise depending on what you feel is 'grounded and realistic' and what the player wants to make. There's plenty of nastiness in what SURGE can do to someone, and how they're treated by society. They don't all have to be sexy catgirls, they could be some freak dealing with racism in a way even trolls don't face.
>>
>>47182460
I've read through that. I was looking for something more along the lines of cheat sheets.
>>
File: 0.01 Essence.png (20 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
0.01 Essence.png
20 KB, 400x300
>>47182470
The Hayek sheets, also in the pastebin. Cheat sheets, character sheets, and play aids for you and your players.
>>
File: De8NjL9.png (3 MB, 1448x2196) Image search: [Google]
De8NjL9.png
3 MB, 1448x2196
>>47182491
Thanks, girlfriend.
>>
File: You Go Girl.gif (403 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
You Go Girl.gif
403 KB, 500x263
>>47182506
>>
>>47182465

Not that guy: is that really what everyone thinks people mean when they say they want to play a SURGE? Sexy Catgirl?

That... actually explains a lot. In the past, I've wanted to make, like, genuinely fucked up looking characters, like, cephalopod skull and scales, weird stuff like that, but I've only asked my GM "hey, can I play a SURGE?" And get denied.

If that's the case, then I guess that makes sense, and I'll have to clarify with my GM what exactly I want to play in the future.
>>
File: SURGE Ratman.jpg (118 KB, 900x635) Image search: [Google]
SURGE Ratman.jpg
118 KB, 900x635
>>47182727
Generally when people hear SURGE, they think either minmax or snowflake. It's rare to find people who don't want to go all-in when making a SURGE character, not just a regular dude with weird skin- they either have a plan to pick certain characteristics to squeeze out every last die they can, or they want to play some coherent, inevitably-beautiful new 'species'. If you tell the GM that you want to roll on the charts and play whatever comes up, they'll likely go for it.

I've actually got no problem with the latter, I'm not a sperg who whines when someone wants to use the options the game presents for unique biology, but it can be eye-rolling when someone shows up with what is clearly a serial-filed-off anime character.
>>
File: 1451838142527.jpg (114 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1451838142527.jpg
114 KB, 1920x1080
Y'all ever played over Roll20? It work well?
>>
>>47182798

It's my main go to (because no LFGS), and it works great. Sometimes it feels like the dice roller is rigged, but honestly, it's never actually hurt the game.
>>
>>47182777

Best trips.

And alright, I can see that.

Mostly, just one time, I wanna make a stay-at-home rigger who is tired of the weird looks he gets because he's an ugly as fuck changeling.

Whole goal in life is finding a way to reverse this shit so he can have a family again.
>>
Does anyone have good images of heavy pistols?

One handed shotguns, machine pistols, and submachine guns are good too.
>>
File: 1441252925262.jpg (36 KB, 930x523) Image search: [Google]
1441252925262.jpg
36 KB, 930x523
>>47182949
Just the gun, or people using guns one-handed?
>>
File: image.jpg (316 KB, 1048x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
316 KB, 1048x900
>>47182949
>>
>>47183012
Either are fine, I've got a character in mind but am just browsing for what kind of heat he'll be packing at the start.
>>
File: 1438980778061.jpg (436 KB, 800x1094) Image search: [Google]
1438980778061.jpg
436 KB, 800x1094
>>47183041
OK
>>
File: 1442024339288.jpg (48 KB, 450x292) Image search: [Google]
1442024339288.jpg
48 KB, 450x292
>>47183071
>>
File: 1442023954958.jpg (472 KB, 1407x1526) Image search: [Google]
1442023954958.jpg
472 KB, 1407x1526
>>47183090
>>
File: 1442177332806.jpg (114 KB, 700x370) Image search: [Google]
1442177332806.jpg
114 KB, 700x370
>>47183106
>>
File: Grimace.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Grimace.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47183127
I interrupt this gundump to bring you Grimace, the scythe-gun character I mentioned a while back, for R8ing. I'm not worried about being totally minmaxed, just want to know if there's obvious mistakes. Also, the GM OKd one Restricted Gear quality for the Scythe/HMG together, as the scythe is mounted in the bayonet.
>>
File: 1442217035095.jpg (25 KB, 574x324) Image search: [Google]
1442217035095.jpg
25 KB, 574x324
>>47183170
I now return you to the guns.
>>
File: 1446933449497.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446933449497.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
>>47183180
>>
File: 1448943117585.jpg (89 KB, 446x576) Image search: [Google]
1448943117585.jpg
89 KB, 446x576
>>47183183
>>
File: 1459262808384.jpg (69 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
1459262808384.jpg
69 KB, 540x540
>>47183192
>>
File: 1460402762862.jpg (24 KB, 573x599) Image search: [Google]
1460402762862.jpg
24 KB, 573x599
>>47183204
>>
File: Super Warhawk.jpg (9 KB, 352x182) Image search: [Google]
Super Warhawk.jpg
9 KB, 352x182
>>47183216
12 is probably enough, right? I hope you have a conception of 'large gun' by now, anon.
>>
>>47183204
>nineteen gayleven
>inforce light
>bling colour scheme

Damn, what a faggot's gun.
>>
>>47180123
>Fiendish Dr. Wu
>Fiendish Duncan Wu

How deep does the rabbit hole go, Black Dynamite?!
>>
>>47182415
Seriously, did you see the ending of the DLC? Way to completely ruin a great character.
>>
File: calico.jpg (13 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
calico.jpg
13 KB, 450x338
>>47182949
I had this saved for a completely different reason, but whatever, it looks cyberpunky enough.
>>
>>47183170

Got a couple things:

The Scythe is an Exotic Weapon, so unless you've houseruled it with your GM, Blades doesn't cover it and you need a separate Exotic Weapon skill.

You've don't have any specializations. Heavy Weapons (Machine Guns) is an obvious one, maybe Pilot Ground Craft (Motorcycle). Perception (Visual) generally also gets a lot of mileage.

If there's any more way for you to get Recoil Compensation, you might want to. Machine Guns take double Recoil penalties. Also, you decided against the Assault Cannon?

I think Wired Reflexes 2 might be overkill for this build, honestly. Pre-Jazz, your Initiative always gets a 2nd pass but rarely (~35%) gets the 3rd pass. Post-Jazz, you'll nearly always get the 3rd pass but rarely (~30%) get the 4th pass.

With WR1 (and like, a Rating 1 Reaction Enhancer to make snake-eyes roll 11), you're still guaranteed the 2nd pass pre-Jazz and practically guaranteed the 3rd pass post-Jazz.

What I'm saying is you could pretty safely go down to WR1 and use that nuyen and Essence for things like more STR/AGI boosts, maybe a Reflex Recorder or two, stuff like that.

Odd levels of Body are generally better, since they're the ones that give you extra condition boxes. You could put a point of Body into STR without losing much.

Unless you already bought them with Karma, the single skill points in misc skills probably aren't worth it. It' generally more efficient to pick those up in-play later and specialize a little more at chargen.
>>
Playing a street level game and just came upon a windfall of 80k nuyen. Any must have 'ware or equipment for a gunbunny/face in that price range? Smartlinks and guns have been painstakingly acquired already.
>>
>>47184335
80k personally, or for the team?

Assuming personally, I might reccomend tailored pheromones. Really helpful for the face occupation, and let's you worry less about social limit dropping with essence dropping
>>
>>47184376
Personally. She's at a breaking point and handled an individual encounter a lot differently than the gm expected.
>>
>>47184335

Muscle Toner (you can get Rating 2!) or a Reflex Recorder for gunning better. Actually you could even afford Rating 3 Muscle Replacement for +3 AGI and +3 STR at a pretty steep Essence cost.
Tailored Pheromones for Facing.
>>
>>47184335
Narco
Rating 3 Nephrtic Screen

Suddenly you take one dose of Betameth and you get +5 to all defense tests.
>>
File: Grimace.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Grimace.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47184201
Thanks. I incorporated your changes; used the saved money from WR2 for some extra bullets and misc gear, and upping my other 'ware. Kept a couple points in Blades just so I have some recourse if I leave the monstrosity at home-good catch on the Exotic skill.

And yeah, after talking with the GM it seems like I won't be fighting many tanks, so the HMG is a better choice overall.
>>
>>47184401
>>47184460
>>47184376
Thanks! Going to weigh in on all three.
>>
>>47183106
blade runner? hello?
>>
>>47184335

Tailored Pheromones is generally solid but keep in mind that if you aren't always facing it might have less overall utility than doing something for your agility.

Used or Omegaware (if you are using that option) Muscle Toner 3 is 11R and 72,000 and is a massive powerup for a gunbunny. It's probably the biggest combat powerup that you can get for a street campaign.

The other major option is used/omega toner 2 plus used wire 1 which is 77,250 and pretty easily found with even a mediocre negotiation test.

For street campaigns wired 2 is pretty rare and being able to avoid having to spam Jazz or Kamikaze is pretty nice.
>>
File: pc_trollfemale_09_blue.png (99 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
pc_trollfemale_09_blue.png
99 KB, 212x278
>>47169110
Hurricane Jazz. Hurricane because she's a hyperactive troll adept that chucks things, and Jazz because she thought all runner names were two words and needed something to tack onto Hurricane. She also gave her brother his runner name, 'Pinball Torpedo' which has nothing to do with his skillset or intrests, she just thought it was cool.
>>
>>47185487
Does bioware even come in Omega grades?
>>
>>47184201
>>47184606

Depending on your GM WR 1 cannot be stacked with Jazz or Cram.

Some people go with the interpretation that WR is incompatible with any source of augmentation including drugs and magic not just incompatible with other bioware and cyberware (other than reaction enhancers).

So in short you need to check with your GM before going Jazz + WR 1.
>>
Fuck all yall anti-surges.
It's because of you guys I never get to see ball of arms man.
>>
>>47186048
You can have six arms at most with SURGE. For a ball of arms, you need cyberware.
>>
>>47186109
no, see
you take the metatype that comes with arms, then you take surge arms

then you take the surge that makes your feet into arms

THEN you can work on cyber
>>
>>47177809
A DocWagon HRT Team, because shooting at them means voiding my contract with them.
>>
>>47186525
This. You don't shoot doctors. Especially ones that may patch you up.
>>
>>47187001
A DocWagon HTR team is about as much "doctors" as Firewatch or KE HTR.
>>
>>47187115
Well, docwagon differs in that they don't give a fuck if you're not shooting them or their target.
>>
>>47187115
Well, Docwagon's mage probably knows more health spells than the average Firewatch mage. Gotta keep the payload alive after all.
>>
>>47177809
>DocWagon HRT Team arrives
>takes all the runners out in two turns with narcojet and SnS rounds
>come to some time later
>tied up in DocWagon clinic
>your dick is gone and your chest is bulging
>your SURGE catgirl teammate has facial hair and a huge dong
>you have been billed 20,000 nuyen
>no essence loss because this is 5e
>>
>>47187393

Oh my.
>>
File: man-light.jpg (417 KB, 1200x2422) Image search: [Google]
man-light.jpg
417 KB, 1200x2422
>>47169110
He's so far responded to Goon, Shades, and Shiny. The party doesn't know his actual name because I haven't come up with one yet.

He got the name shades because he largely expresses emotion through digital displays on his thick black sunglasses. Shiny because of his prominent right cyber-arm. Goon because he spends most of his time violently murdering people, or threatening people with violent murder.

He's a mash up of Ruiner, Jacket, the Driver, and a few others.
>>
File: Bookmarking d.jpg (5 KB, 201x160) Image search: [Google]
Bookmarking d.jpg
5 KB, 201x160
>>47187393
>>
>>47187393
Should have saved one of those overwatch memes.
>>
File: 1327690201078.jpg (419 KB, 1200x965) Image search: [Google]
1327690201078.jpg
419 KB, 1200x965
New issues for yekka/chummer
>The Tattoo Cosmetic Enhancement is spelled 'Tatoo' for all sizes

>The RPK HMG is listed as having 40(c), it's 50(c) as per pg. 430 of core.

>>47184606
>>47184201
I just double-checked Hard Targets, and the Scythe isn't listed as an Exotic weapon. I assume it still uses Blades.
>>
>>47187393
The real question is - is it barbed?
>>
File: p. 183.png (52 KB, 411x155) Image search: [Google]
p. 183.png
52 KB, 411x155
>>47188319
Most likely source of scythe being an exotic weapon is from this passage in Hard Targets.
>>
>>47188319
Fuck man, that picture.

The feels from what that game COULD HAVE been, it had SO much goddamn potential.

Fucking waste.
>>
File: Screenshot (104).png (116 KB, 393x339) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (104).png
116 KB, 393x339
>>47188433
It says 'exotic weapon' in the fluff text describing signature weapons, but nowhere in the rules for the Collapsible Scythe itself does it say that it is an exotic weapon.

Meanwhile, pic related is from the next page, and shows the two ways CGL says that weapons need exotic skills- as subheadings for the weapon, or putting in the weapon's textblock 'This weapon uses the Exotic ___ Weapon Skill.' Their lack of even basic consistency in formatting is frustrating, but at least there's something definite.
>>
>>47188319

Herolab counts it as an Exotic, I was going by that.

Considering all of the other signature weapons are exotics, it's a pretty safe assumption.
>>
File: Screenshot (105).png (131 KB, 398x336) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (105).png
131 KB, 398x336
>>47188550
Didn't read far enough; CGL uses 3 different formats for Exotic Weapons in 3 entries, because that's how they roll.

>>47188564
I can see the argument, but I'm disinclined to trust a third party on this, especially as polearms are all already under Blades.
>>
>>47188635

Counterpoints:

Herolab has a better line for rules clarifications from CGL than we do.

Scythes (like chainsaws) aren't actually designed as weapons like spears and axes are.

That being said, I don't think counting it as a Blade is unreasonable. The decision is best left up to your GM, in my opinion.
>>
>>47188726
>Herolab has a better line for rules clarifications from CGL than we do.
>Scythes (like chainsaws) aren't actually designed as weapons like spears and axes are.

True and true. I can't find anything online by any devs where they talk about the scythe, so I don't know if the Herolab people asked for clarification, or if they just guessed based on the section. Without even that, I can see why an Exotic Skill is a possibility, but I wouldn't say it's the correct interpretation. Still, that's up to my GM to sort out.
>>
>>47188726
Those fuckin' hips and thighs.
My cyberdick.
>>
>>47188848

Okay, so Chummer counts it as a Blade, Herolab counts it as an Exotic, and I can't find any conversations about this on relevant forums.

Anyone know of any precedent from an earlier edition?

>>47188853

I gotchu, omae.
>>
>>47169110

Zhigou, 'Paper Dog'.

Former corporate security, had to leave UK after some shit went down. Worked freelance security in the Hong Kong Free Enterprise Zone, mostly as a bodyguard, learned the lingo, even spent some time working for the Red Dragon but as a foreigner he realised there was no future in it.

His street name was more likely than not given as an insult initially, but since some folks used paper dogs to guard against evil, he decided to keep it. Plus, it gave him some kudos with the locals.
>>
>>47188726
>Herolab has a better line for rules clarifications from CGL than we do.
They still do some weird shit from time to time.
>>
File: pwWT1tO.jpg (624 KB, 1883x2480) Image search: [Google]
pwWT1tO.jpg
624 KB, 1883x2480
>>47189122
I want to tickle a catgirls belly!

I mentioned this last night in passing, but I ended up making my former-lone star runner.
His backstory is that he was a member of a Lone Star anti-gang unit in Atlanta, during a raid he ended up getting hit bad with a nail/pipe bomb, almost ended up dead but he pulled through. In order to get back on the beat quicker, he accepted partial muscle replacement and bone lacing. During his recovery period and time serving in the gang unit, he also developed a mild addiction to Jazz. After returning and being the butt of many Robocop jokes, he uncovered pretty significant corruption in the higher ranks of his precinct. While trying to investigate this, he ended up bringing his findings to a member of the corrupt cops, and as a result, a lot of illegal shit went missing from the evidence lockup and footage surfaced of him selling all of it to gangers on the street.
Now he's on the run, running in the shadows to get the contacts and resources needed to clear his name/take down the Lone Star captain who framed him.
Despite his status as a criminal, he does his best to only escalate a situation if necessary, using less than lethal weapons, intimidation, and restraints to minimize loss of life, especially those of fellow officers/security guards.
http://pastebin.com/xrysVmQP
>>
>>47189122
I don't there was a scythe in older editions. The only precedent we have is polearm becoming a bladed weapon after it's been exotic in 4e.
>>
File: 4e arsenal p39.png (63 KB, 315x230) Image search: [Google]
4e arsenal p39.png
63 KB, 315x230
>>47189122
>>47189878
There's also the Kusarigama, a sickle with a weight connected by rope. It also used the "exotic melee weapon" skill
>>
File: index.png (897 KB, 953x900) Image search: [Google]
index.png
897 KB, 953x900
>>47189878
>The only precedent we have is polearm becoming a bladed weapon after it's been exotic in 4e.

Seriously? That just confuses things even more.

>>47189746
>I want to tickle a catgirls belly!
So say we all!

Also, your latest build seems solid as usual. Hope your runners have a fun time geeking him.
>>
File: Polish_scythemen_1863.png (288 KB, 612x731) Image search: [Google]
Polish_scythemen_1863.png
288 KB, 612x731
>>47189989
But that's significantly different from any other weapon. Something I've noticed about the Exotic Weapons (at least in Melee) is that they are generally things that have a high possibility of hurting you if you use them wrong -monowhip, kusarigama, chainsaw, etc.- or they are shields. A scythe is an unusual polearm, but it still follows a lot of the rules of polearms, and you see lots more people in history who figured out how to use scythes in battle than you see using whips or shields as their primary offensive weapon.
>>
File: everything is not okay.jpg (29 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
everything is not okay.jpg
29 KB, 604x453
>>47189989

>Monofilament Garrotte

Monomolecular wire scares the shit out of me.
>>
File: Think.jpg (57 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Think.jpg
57 KB, 250x250
>>47180512
>Sometimes you forget
>45% furfaggotry
>45% paedophilia
>10% punk
>on a good day

Good one, anon.
>>
File: Bolas.jpg (83 KB, 1418x801) Image search: [Google]
Bolas.jpg
83 KB, 1418x801
>>47190145
>Monofilament Bolas: This vicious and highly illegal rare
>weapon is known to be used by some madmen. It replaces the
>cords of usual bolas with monowire to slice into the target. Use
>the monofilament whip rules for glitches and critical glitches (see
>p. 305, SR4) for monofilament bolas.
Arsenal p40
>>
>>47190133

Yeah, but at the same time, the Shadowrun scythe is explicitly supposed to be a grim-reaper inspired harvesting scythe which is not a historical weapon at all (unlike the fr more practical war scythes in your reference image).

And before you ask, I've seen the fencing manuals detailing reaping scythe combat - it's mostly a "this is what you can do if some asshole challenges you to a duel with farming tools" manual rather than a serious exploration of the scythe as a weapon.

>>47190158

I've said it before, but if the catgirlposting is annoying you, just tell me and I'll stop. I'm not trying to piss in anyone's cereal here.
>>
>>47190218
Those are back in Run & Gun. Honestly, I can't see any use for those besides sadism; if you hit the guy (which is harder than using a gun) you cause them severe pain and make it very hard to capture and take them away because you're too busy doing stuff like 'tourniqueting their stumps to stop them bleeding to death'.
>>
>>47190015
I don't think I'll send this guy after my players.
Recently however, they did meet with Batuo, a nerve-strike adept who invited them out to dinner at a fancy restaurant in New York.
Due to the security of the place they didn't managed to smuggle pistols in (an exasperated guard reminded them about four times they have a strict no weapons policy and ALL weapons need to be checked while going over them with a MAD wand), and so they didn't actually try to murder him right then and there.
They also like him since he's an honest dude and basically gave them any information about him they wanted to even the playing field.
>>
File: RWBY Fight.webm (3 MB, 774x426) Image search: [Google]
RWBY Fight.webm
3 MB, 774x426
>>47190015
What's the term for someone who sees that picture and immediately thinks 'That belongs on RWBY'? It's not weeb, because those guys at least watch actual Japanese anime. I'm some kind of pseudo-weeb.

but that absolutely looks like concept art for some Fanus
>>
File: オーバーテイル持ち.jpg (76 KB, 768x568) Image search: [Google]
オーバーテイル持ち.jpg
76 KB, 768x568
>>47190133
As >>47190259 said, I don't think they meant the scythe to be like the real scythes that were just farm tools modified into actual weapons. Especially when we already have stats for a collapsible polearm in the same book. Though it isn't mentioned what skill it uses, either!
>>
File: 1442181029956.jpg (446 KB, 880x1250) Image search: [Google]
1442181029956.jpg
446 KB, 880x1250
>>47190404
The collapsible one uses blades, the same way regular polearms do.

>>47190259 is correct in that the intention is obviously to use it in 'harvesting' arrangement as opposed to the way they have set the blade in the picture I posted. However, my broader point about what CGL seems to generally use as qualifications for whether or not something is Exotic - (if it has a high likelihood of incorrect usage hurting the wielder, or if it's something entirely different from what people think of as weapons) and that while scythes require some specific knowledge to use in war it's not impossibly different from other polearms that there there could be no crossover of knowledge - still holds up.
>>
>>47190404
I think this bit in the collapsible spear description:
>functions as a standard polearm
points pretty heavily to Blades.

It would be nice if they realized that explicitly noting what skill a weapon uses in the statblock is a great idea.

>>47190364
RWBYfag would be my best guess.
>>
>>47169110
Nemo

After several bad run ins with Knight Errant and laying low in two different countries, she discarded her last runner identity and took to calling herself it as partly an intentional cliche and partly since its meaning fit what she wanted to be best.
>>
File: 1460851131245.jpg (19 KB, 305x326) Image search: [Google]
1460851131245.jpg
19 KB, 305x326
>ArmTech MGL-12
>Airburst Link
>High Explosive or Fragmentation
>Semi-auto Burst

Mmmmm.
>>
File: 1459841130029.jpg (453 KB, 1024x1612) Image search: [Google]
1459841130029.jpg
453 KB, 1024x1612
>>47190691
Funny you mention that; Grimace the Scythe-Gunner is actually getting one of those with the money he saved from dropping to WR1.

I mean, the signature weapon is awesome, but what good is a Halloweener who can't blow up absolutely everything? and I can load it with tear gas for when I don't want to murder everyone
>>
>>47190760
>what good is a Halloweener who can't blow up absolutely everything?
One that uses a flamethrower.
>>
File: Flamethrower.jpg (19 KB, 736x426) Image search: [Google]
Flamethrower.jpg
19 KB, 736x426
>>47190780
Words cannot express how sad I was to find out that my flamethrower options were to spend 10k nuyen, or have to buy another Restricted Gear quality.
Or how sad I was that the scythegun didn't have room for an underbarrel flamethrower
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 117

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.