[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: 1462426421378.jpg (353 KB, 1532x988) Image search: [Google]
1462426421378.jpg
353 KB, 1532x988
>resources
pastebin.com/j5RAK09E

Repackaged ghouls edition
>>
Anyone else hyped for more Tzangors?
>>
How will Kroak protect us from the birds?
>>
>>47165671
Can't build a wall as they will fly over it... :(
>>
>>47165677
THEN WE'LL JUST BUILD IT HIGHER
>>
>>47165848
Make Azyrheim great again.
>>
>>47165671
He'll open up the magic spaceship so we can live there.
>>
>>47156997
Anon, be aware that the Azyros' 'teleport homer' does not work for the Celestant-Prime; it only kicks in with the specific Lightning Strike deep strike used by a few formations.
Really, the Azyros is overall very crappy, which is a shame for such a pretty mini, but you'd be better off with the Knight-Venator. I've tried a number of times to use the guy, but he's just so unwieldy. By the time he starts buffing shooting a Knight-Venator would have blasted an entire unit off the board
>>
how viable is a full mecha list in AoS?
2 tanks
2 Rocket launcehr
2 gyrocopters
2 cannons
>>
>>47168105
Seems pretty easy to counter

Some fast cavalry, flyers, or deep strike would wipe out your vulnerable artillery pieces and then you're just left with 2 tanks and 2 copters
>>
>>47168105
you can field it but it wont be easy... even vs all comers list.
As long as you don't face a horde or as long as you really know what you do it should be viable.
>>
>>47168105
make it
>4 cannons
>2 rockets
>2 organs
and we talk
>>
Is it too early to scanbeg for the Crypt Ghoul book?
>>
File: Skaven Stormfiend.png (780 KB, 900x624) Image search: [Google]
Skaven Stormfiend.png
780 KB, 900x624
>>47168105
>>47168185
>>47168284
>*Tunnels in behind you*
>*Unsheathes Ratling guns*

Nothing personnel...man-thing..
>>
>>47168284

Why removing Gyrocopters ? that was literally what carried the list.
The perfect anti horde. Steamgun while in melee is better than any warmachine.
>>
>>47165563
Tzeentch turns them to birds.

Slaanesh turns his beastmen into beastgirls?
>>
>>47168928
Please make it so.
>>
Knight-Questor, average hero for stormcast, not great nor bad.
>>
>>47169098
He is Champion of Chaos! Rule wise, he is anti-horde blender, but 5+ save just not good enough.
>>
>>47169098
That's probably going to be a good budget hero once the point system comes out

The model isn't bad

STORMCAST WARMACHINES WHEN
>>
>>47169166
Quite a supporting hero, jack of all trades. Howevee, he still good enough to replace Lord-Relictor of the starter boxset.
>>
>>47169220
Average stunties, nothing special but adding variety to fyreslayers lodge, Grimwrath Berzekers just too good.
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>47169276
Shadow Step assassin! Teleport to the backline unit, his damage is good enough too wipe any warmachine crews, and he can retreat instantly! WOW!
>>
>>47169334
sweet an assassin spec to gank their junglers
>>
>>47169334
A spell that have a low chance to deal d6 mortal wound, and have a chance to deal no damge at all? I pick arcane bolt instead.

>>47169220
BTW, the gryph hound is same as stormcast one.
>>
>>47169419
Tzeentch rule in next week, much like DW:OK.
>>
>>47168602
Considering it isn't even out yet, yes it is to fucking early.
>>
>>47169419
A 2 dice 6+ spell, giving a 3D6 is low chance ? You dense neckbeard. Average on 2d6 is 7 meaning with 3d6, you'll, more than 80% of the time, inflict D6 mortal wounds.

Most armies have 7 or lower bravery, and even then having 10 out of 18 possible isn't that hard. just above average in fact.

If you think this is useless, then the gaunt summoners fractal is pure shit i guess ?
>>
>>47169419
U wot ? spell is op man.
>>
>>47169419
>Getting 10 or less on 3d6
>hard

are you serious ?
>>
>>47169497
>>47169472
>more than 80% of the time, inflict D6 mortal wounds

Take it ez, friends. You only inflict d6 mortal wound if you double target's bravery, otherwise just d3.
>>
>>47169503
>>Getting 10 or less on 3d6
>>hard

Consider the chance of failing? Like 10/36, I would say arcane bolt is better, at least, more stable.
>>
>>47169419
also. 24 inch range is huge.
>>
Rolled 3, 1, 6 = 10 (3d6)

>>47169419
Fuck it, let's try and hit some Plague Monks who have a bravery of 5
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 2 = 10 (3d6)

>>47169882
>24 inch
Ya, I didn't consider the extra range.

>>47169910
>try and hit some Plague Monks
>>
Assembling liberators, paired weapons or shields?

I like the idea of paired hammers but I don't want to regret a subpar option.
>>
>>47170164
I don't think there is one in that case. Your trading one good ability for another.
>>
>>47170164
If you pair hammers you get 4+/3+ with a reroll to hit, better than 3+/4+ with reroll.
If you want better saves, go shields.
>>
>>47170164
Never fucking ever use dual weapons on liberators. We have way better guys for dealing damage, liberators are there to absorb charges, screen valuable stuff and hold enemy units in place until you can wheel something around to obliterate that foe.
Liberators are just too pillowfisted to do anything worthwhile in a offensive role. That said, a grand weapon on the prime is always great to have. He'll account for a significant chunk if damage by himself.
>>
>>47170497
Huh I figured your Liberators were like my Chaos Warriors. And chaos warriors are good with 2 weapons or shields depending on what you want for them.
>>
If I have to choose between one or the other, do I choose the lord relictor or lord castellant?
>>
>>47169098
Not too shabby, actually. He's fairly durable with a 3+ rerollable, and a 6" pile-in with rerolls to hit isn't too horrible, either. He'd make a very solid assassin against frontline support heroes.
>>47169334
Well, forget what I said above. Holy hell, that is a fucking assassin. This guy will 'nothing personel, kid' entire warmachine crews or wizards in the blink of an eye. I am astounded. He's way, *way* better than everybody else in the set, to the point of being slightly absurd.
>>
>>47168662
kek
>>
>>47170611
No Liberators are your tar pit, Paladins are your heavy hitters
>>
>>47170630
Depends on the rest of your force
>>
>>47170630
If it's for your general, Celestine. For a support hero Relector. That command ability is really good don't want to pass it up.
>>
>>47170630
Lord-Castellant, no doubt. His buff isn't just more potent in general play, it also just works without any need to roll for it. Even if he just buffed the save he'd still be way better.
The fact that he swings a better weapon, has an additional wound and can buff Gryph-hounds is just gravy.
Really, the Lord-Relictor is pretty poor overall. It certainly is in competition with the Knight-Azyros for the position of worst stormcast hero.
Having said that, in the Brotherhood of the Great Bolts he suddenly becomes amazing.
>>
>>47170716
He's talking about the two support buffers, the Lord-Relictor and the Lord-Castellant, not the Lord-Celestant (it's an easy mistake to make). The Lord-Relictor isn't even that good of a supporter. If he could unbind I'd consider him, but he's very mediocre as is.
>>
>>47170819
Oops, but wait the Relictor lightning is an Arcane bolt that isn't subject to unbinding, and he has a healing spell also not subject to unbinding.

Lantern guy'said holy light only hurts chaos (more the demons), or gives a magic shield that on a 7+ heals a unit.
Maybe it's because I'm chaos but relictor seems the more valuable in the long run.
>>
>>47168964
>>47168928
*shudders* Please don't
>>
>>47170611
Liberators are our line troopers. They are okay, but nothing beyond that. Dual weapons would totally be viable if we didn't have judicators, prosecutors, paladins or drakothian guards. Especially paladins and drakothian guards. Still, even our shitty, pillowfisted warmachine hunters hit harder than Liberators.
I use 'em to eat an enemy assault and have the Protectors and Judicators behind them tear the engaged enemies apart. They're good in that role, provided you have a castellant and/or terrain handy, but
Honestly, I like that they sit in a sort of damage twilight zone. They can punch fairly okay if the Prime is rocking a Grandweapon, but not to the point of actually being threatening, so most of the time the enemy will happily engage them, confident in the knowledge that they can't put out much hurt. And then it takes forever to kill them while some teleported paladins/drakothian guards have just pounded his general into paste and are now looking for a new target.
>>
>>47170968
Going to have to remember that.
>>
>>47170935
That +1 to armor is *huge*. I really cannot overstate how much bullshit a autocast, non-unbindable mystic shield can cause, especially in a faction that has 'reroll 1s to save' shields coming out of every orifice. Nevermind that the heal is actually fairly substantial, too.
The damage effect on the lantern is crap and should only be used if you can guarantee a victory with it, i.e. never.
Meanwhile, the decidedly unreliable healing prayer is wasted on our two-wound guys and at best situational on paladins and the like. Healing a hero is an okay use, but most of our buff heroes shouldn't get hurt anyway. The relictor cannot keep pace with the mounted stuff, so he's only situational here, too.
And the damage prayer is also unreliable and similar damage can be provided in a better manner by a number of other heroes.
>>
>>47169098
>Warhammer Quest stormcast
>Knight Questor
They have reached a new low in names I see
>>
I'm just starting to get into AoS with Khorne bloodbound. Bought some dudes models off eBay so I have the chaos half of the starter plus 5 skullreapers and a few heroes. What do gents recommend for the next purchase to fill out my army? More reavers?
>>
>>47169220
WE
>>
>>47171307
wich heroes? I personally love the slaughterpriest, his 2nd prayer is awesome, you can force enemies out of cover, out of objectives or simply you can make them run into your guys or out of a combat. Simply amazing.
As units, i personally LOVE the wrathmongers. they counter big kits pretty good, since no archaon or nagash wants to kill himself.
>>
>>47171307
More Reavers are a solid idea, yeah. You'll want two or three fairly big units, fifteen to twenty guys each is pretty reasonable.
What other heroes do you have besides the ones from the starter? The Aspiring Deathbringer is something of a staple, since he's rocking a excellent command ability.
Other than that, the sky's the limit. You've got a ton of Khorne synergy effects over multiple books, so there's a huge number of cool stuff to choose from.
>>
>>47171298
It's pretty much in line with all the other knight names.

Vexillology, the study of flags.

What do we call the guy with the flag?

Knight-vexilor!
>>
>>47168759
>>47168284
>>47168263
>>47168185
What about this:
2 tanks
2 gyrocopters
3 cannons
2 triple cannons of doom
2 firerockets
2 organ gun
>>
>>47171404
>>47171417
Had to look up their convoluted-ass names. I have both slaughterpriests, the skull grinder, exalted deathbringer (axe not spear) and aspiring deathbringer. So I'm probably set on heroes for now.
>>
>>47171447
samefag here
Thoughts on changin cannons for mortars
>>
>>47171606
Yeah, looks like you're well off hero-wise.
With skullreapers and the the stuff from the boy you're also rocking a very powerful infantry force. Skullreapers love the Bloodstoker, Reavers the Bloodsecrator. Aspiring Deathbringer and Skullgrinder support everybody pretty well. Slaughterpriests are sort of situational, but can turn a gam around in a pinch. Blood Warriors and Exalted Deathbringer are perfectly viable unsupported.
The Khorgorath is kinda shit on it's own, but can be taken in units, so we're all waiting for the Khorgorath kit.

Overall I'd recommend getting one or two boxes of Blood Reavers. Also, if you can manage it, try to convert the Blood Warriors from the starter to wield two axes. The gorefist is utter shit.
>>
>>47171447
I understand the use of the artillery and such but I still see that even with all that, unless you roll like a god, you wouldn't be able to take out fast movers in another army without them getting to some of your shit, tying it up and rendering it useless.

Take my Death army for instance, I would throw skellies upon skellies on you and perhaps you'd kill a good lot of them but I'd also summon Black Knights behind you, or skellies near you,and the more you kill the more I can eventually summon back.
>>
File: Javelin_LC.png (1 MB, 936x1222) Image search: [Google]
Javelin_LC.png
1 MB, 936x1222
Okay, another thread, another attempt at this warscroll. Don't worry, I won't bother you guys after this, I hope.
Toned the Command Ability down significantly (maybe too much?), but retained the effect of tying it to the javelins.
Also changed the Stormflight Javelin from 2 Attacks at d3 Damage each to 1 Attack at d6 Damage. This effectifly keeps the maximum damage the same, but reduces the average damage and makes the effect and damage less predictable.
Opinions, recommendations, anything?
>>
>>47172123
>Also changed the Stormflight Javelin from 2 Attacks at d3 Damage each to 1 Attack at d6 Damage. This effectifly keeps the maximum damage the same, but reduces the average damage and makes the effect and damage less predictable.
>Opinions, recommendations, anything?

1) Don't worry about bothering us, it's nice to have constructive discussion.
2) That looks really good, I like the command ability.
>>
>>47172123
Stormblast Impact has a typo, should be start of battle shock, not end start.

The only thing is that is a bit weird is the ordering of the Command ability. If I shoot someone with it, the Stormblast impact takes place until my next hero phase. That means that the units affected by Stormblast Impact get a bonus to charge someone who after the Hero phase isn't affected by it any more, which might cause arguments.

IE. Shoot > Impact > Hero Phase > Impact Wears off > Charge
>>
>>47171779
Thanks for the advice
>>
>>47169334
>it is a guy

How? This is literally a witchelf design and they put a guy in it. God damn GW is it THAT hard to make decent looking female characters?
>>
>>47172269
>Stormblast Impact has a typo, should be start of battle shock, not end start.
Nice catch. Correcting it.
As for the order of stuff: Totally right, I completely overlooked how Stormblast Impact only really procs near the end of the turn, way after the charge phase.
Any idea how to fix that? Just tying Bringing the Thunder to having taken by the Stormflight Javelins? Or maybe rewording Stormblast impact to proc at the end of each phase, with an added elaboration that a unit can only be affected by Stormblast Impact once per turn?
>>
>>47169910
>implying Plague Monks are not flanked by Furnaces, boosting their bravery to 7
>>
>>47172123
I know you're trying to be fair but an 18 inch D6 damage weapon is nuts, even more so with that D3 bravery and movement reduction.

Wouldn't allow it in a game.
>>
>>47172594
>>Stormblast Impact has a typo, should be start of battle shock, not end start.
>Nice catch. Correcting it.
>As for the order of stuff: Totally right, I completely overlooked how Stormblast Impact only really procs near the end of the turn, way after the charge phase.
Maybe just word it as any unit that was attacked by the Celestant in the last turn.
>>
>>47172838
Maybe I should just toss the Bravery debuff. I like it from a fluff perspective, but it is pretty substantial.
As for the damage, allow me to explain myself. I was mostly attempting to get Stormcast another Warmachine-type hero. The Knight-Venator basically spams decent shots at ridiculous range, the Celestant-Prime blasts huge areas with mortal wounds and this guy was sorta meant as the cannon equivalent. One shot, powerful but all-or-nothing: Either it hits and deals a powerful blow, or it misses entirely (except cannons have two shots and get rerolls, but that's beside the point).
But, again, I am really thankful for any suggestion to improve the warscroll. I wouldn't want it to be broken or anything.
>>
>>47165549
I got my black Knights today, along with my skeletons! The question is, what do I build them as? Spears or swords? Hex Wraiths or Black Knights? Which do you think is better for a calvary based Undead list?
>>
Am I the only one who doesn't like warscrolls in the battletomes?
They suck up a LOT of space, and anyway printing your own from the site its a lot more pratical because you only have the ones you are bringing into nyour game.
Also, they get updated pretty frequently and so they become useless pretty fast(just look at GD order with new ghoul release).
id die for more fluff or maybe some bat rep and strategy tutorials(even if you don'0t use them or they are stupid its always funny to see them, I miss old WD with all this kind of content).
>>
>>47171447
You need some kind of meat shield to give you enough turns to blow the enemy apart; everything you have is just too exposed
>>
>>47173179
I'm not the original OP, there just wasn't a thread. So dunno.
>>
>>47173182
I agree with that. They are really good value but I would like some more actual content. Painting guides, batreps and fluff.
>>
>>47173251
also, I HATE their colour guidlines. they are made with fucking paint, take a lot of pages and looks just plain bad. I would prefer they did those nwith some actual models instead of simply slapping badly drawn templates.
I miss WD batreps too, along with DIY tutorials. it helped people crafting their own stuff/convertion and who wanted to buy official models STILL bought them. they need to understand thatwhoever is going their 300+dollaroos game tables is still going to buy them even if they are posting "how to make a table with flock and plywood"
>>
>>47173179
Well do you want to live a skelly oriented life or do you want spooks and ghosts? As for the spears or sword if you decide to get more skeleton warriors the. Make them 50/50, as I learned that having the spears is good for that attack range so when you pile in your boys the back rank can attack.
>>
>>47173179
Start out with spears. There's always room for skellies rocking spears.
The Black Knights are all about attrition, curiously enough. Their damage is mediocre, but with two wounds and regrowing some dudes each turn they'll last a long time and will either stall their target to the point of uselessness, or eventually grind it down. Hexwraiths on the other hand are solid across the board. Not as durable as Black Knights, but pretty punchy and still able to shrug some damage. They're best suited harassing elite units.
>>
>>47173415
Well, I already have 20 skeletons, decked out in Spears, so I suppose that the swords may work better.

>>47173435
Well, currently I have 10 Black Knights, 20 spear skeletons, 1 Necromancer and 1 vampire. With these kits, Ill have up to 30 skeles and possibly 15 Black knights. I like the idea of using the skeletons as a screen, so that my Vampire and Knights can come in and do some damage, so it might be a better idea to couple my Vampire with Hex Wraiths?
>>
>>47173570
Well, 10 Black Knights is plenty, yeah. Going for the Hexwraiths might be a solid decision. Do keep in mind that they lack the Skeleton and Deathrattle keywords, despite looking the part.
>>
>>47173570
While I only have 5 black Knights, my list is slightly comparable. I got 40 skeletons half and half, 20 grave guard, count mannfred vampire lord, Arkhan, and a negromancer, and That young Krell running as his legacy scroll instead of the wight King
>>
>>47169334
>generic hero
>huge movement on top of a teleport
>powerful melee
>easily kitbashed in multiples with the witch-elf/sisters of slaughter kit
Welcome to the age of warmachines spontaneously ceasing to exist.
>>
>>47174732
Aos encouraged melee anyway, all new shooting attacks are short range anyway.
Big shooting units(like the fucking aelves bolt trhowers)are either last chanc'ed or, with a lot of units capable of deep striking(=stormcasts)simply not as effective as people claims on /tg.
the only shooting unit i possess is a plagueclaw because I liked the idea of throwing shit on my opponents, and i never play it because its boring as hell.
>>
>>47174784
This is interesting to read as I always figured warmachines= fast wins and dank memes
>>
>>47175455
Warmachines are great for doing a bit of damage, but not so great for most objectives, especially if you are on offence.
>>
>>47175455
warmachines are strong-but fragile and when charged by anything they crumble in a heartbeat. Most warmachines have 1-2 attacks only-aka there's a high chance they are not hitting anything.
A lot of new units also can teleport or move really fast, and that can literally destroy your warmachines in one or two turns easy. Every time I played warmachines It either did nothing or engaged in a boring duel with my opponent's warmachines/ranged units. I rather bring some cavalry to woop his rangeds units ass fast and then move to reinforce my front line.
>>
>>47176365
>>47175638
Damn well that is a shame. Twas considering finding in the depths of the internet someone selling a Screaming Skull Catapult for my Skele-bros army but I'll take your word for it.

Its already a mostly melee army anyways so I probably shouldn't bother.
>>
>>47176439
It is ok to have one or two, but you can't expect them to carry games single handedly, especially if the objective involved holding ground.

You need to remember, AoS is built around a different order of organisation when it comes to your games:
You turn up with models
You pick your objective
You pick your models to fit that objective

If you know you will only have to defend one area, or that what you have to defend will have plenty of cover (for example, the scenario which involves one side capturing a castle from the other), then you can probably safely use more Warmachines than usual.
>>
>>47176439
wait there-its not BAD, most lists bring one or two. Its just that spamming them like shitposters on /tg suggested yelling MUH BALANCE is not a good tactic anymore. it always depends on who are you facing anyway, and they are GREAT for sniping mages and pesky heroes with buff abilities.
A lot of warmachines also are good at decimating mass infantry.
Just remember: you won't hold objectives with warmachines
you wont stop other units from fighting by engaging them
you will just deal some damage. So they are still a great addition but definetely not a good "core"unit for an army.
>>
>>47169098
He looks a lot better than the usual sigmarines for some reason.
>>
>>47173641
>>47174469
Question: How much synergy is there in a Vampire counts army? Because it seems to me, there's no huge amount, and we mostly focus on huge swarms/summoning new minions
>>
>>47165549
Right I know I'm going to get banned for having the temerity to ask this but what in God's name is up with the prices for these models? I only just checked it out and things that were already expensive have literally doubled in price, are people actually paying £20 for a mono-pose plastic character? Or £6 for a single orc from a unit? Is there some gimmick I'm missing here?
>>
>>47177025
Well now the Flesh Eater Courts seem to have way more synergy now with their shit unlike the other death units.

Having Nigga Krell near by the skeles automatically give the warriors 1 to their hitrolls and if he's the general then any skele unit can be chosen once a turn to make extra attacks per model. the negromancer can give Vanhel's DAnse Macabre to pile in twice for two combat phases. Count Mannfred is just another hero that can give the skeles a plus 1 to hit rolls but if he's the general then i can give a unit rerolls of hits and 1s on wounds until the next hero phase. but Ultimately having Arkhan will allow him to know all the spells of Mannfreddo and the Negromancer ontop of his curse of years and the mys shield and arcane bolt.

on top of that I can run a battalion that comes with Arkhans box which allows for movement up to 4 inches in hero phase without being able to run or charge in the movement phase for having a unit of Black Knights and Skelewarriors around Arkhan.

that is just off the top of my head
>>
>>47177025
I have just read this in one fb group. looks pretty sinergic to me.
>>
>>47177149
I remember when models cost was 1/2 compared to their prices now.
But then i remember EVERYTHING costed like 1/3 just 10-15 years ago. GW prices have always been high but you are paying for top notch quality(well, if we forget about fyreslayers infantry...). You also need a LOT less to play a game now. Heroes and elite units cost a lot, but old base infantry cost shit(still 25 bucks for 10 models)and now you need 1/5 of them or less to play.

Oh, and other games cost a LOT too.
Look at infinity: models are smaller and cost a lot too. the only company i saw so far giving competitive prices is Mantic, and their models are actually getting better8still, 8/10 of their range is utter garbage i won't touch from a mile)
>>
>>47165677
Then we will shitpost in the shade
>>
>>47177232
Yeah and I remember the prices in 1989, I'm not talking about inflation, the models are twice the price they were ONE year ago not fifteen, there has literally been as much inflation in their price as my entire involvement in the hobby which ended with the unveiling of this well though out and thoughtfully designed strategy game that I'm sure has caused GW's profits and sales to soar.
>>
>>47177232
Yeah but you need significantly less models for Infinity. Their newer sculpts are also arguably beginning to look better than some stuff GW puts out. Malifaux plastics look better and are WAY cheaper on a per model basis and as a whole to get into. GW has really improved with the Start Collecting! boxes tho. Something, something price of mold.
>>
>>47177161
The new ghoul shit actually looks fun to play and suits their character rules wise better than past iterations

swarming ravening ghouls

sweet
>>
>>47177454
plagueberares price is basically stil the same, 20 euro here for 10 models.
New models tends to be bigger and with a lot of stuff and they cost a lot more.
is it justified? nope, and it never will.
(kinda...while the material is almost free, stamps and stamp maintenance has a price absoluetely crazy for plastic molds, while metal molds are like 100 times cheaper both to maintain and to make)
But their cost has been always outrageous. one year ago we had the new SM kit with 5 models for 35-40 bucks, and now we have the brutes box for around the same price.
Also: the competition-ALL of it, including PP and mantic makes their shit manifactured in China. In fucking China. GW may be the abyssal monster almost everyone hates(and loves or we wouldn't be here)but at least it makes it stuff inland. that alone deserves my money.
yet, GW prices should really fucking drop at least of a 20% on ALL their stuff. I buy at a 30% discount all the time so im okay, but i kinda feel sorry for who's buying full price things.
>>47177577
Dubs of truth don't lie
Also, I LOVE their new BG.
Its grotesque, original and pretty...sad. i love it and it gives a lot of character to former bland units. That's the content I like.
>>
>>47177161
>112 attacks

Jesus christ
>>
>>47177663
depends; I bought 80 witches elves (during the end time)...
5, 11 part monopose model x2
in each box. Pure shit. Either give me the ability to pose them or make them a single block of plastic so i don't bother putting 11 part together.

Worst price ever. Worst kit ever, and as much poseability as a fucking marble statue.

Then there are the varanguard.. "pricy" but at least i have ton of options and can pose the rider however i want...
>>
>>47177975
it's "good" but only if you do charge (guy on the blog probably playing without any terrain)
They are also very weak to sniping tactics, fyreslayer can tunnel, skaven can tunnel, tzeentch and most demon can fly over and snipe the hero without giving a fuck etc.

And without the hero, the average FE court unit is clearly below average.
So i would say it's balanced and fun to play, while having a much stronger fluff to it than any army book iteration of strigoi...
>>
>>47178096
Couldn't you simply set up your hero within a mass circle of ghouls/horrors so he can't be sniped?
>>
>>47178064
Mind that pose afflicts quality HARD.
The WHOLE competition uses only monopose kits, usually metal, and the only variation you get is usually a slight torsion of the arms, wich is something you can easily obtain with GW plastic with a small cut and a microscopic ball of green stuff.
For example, i just bought a kit of plague monks. and while spinning their arm around is fun they look plain and boring anyway. monoposed-but detailed model(like, i bought blightkings and they are a fucking BLAST)is 1k times better. the details are astounding, and I changed slightly the pose and the bits with minimal effort. They cost 4 times the plague monks but oh boy, i don't regret buying them because the quality is on a completely different level.
(I still think model prices are way too high, but at least new model prices compared to old kits are somehow justified)
>>
File: 1462618605756.png (283 KB, 592x319) Image search: [Google]
1462618605756.png
283 KB, 592x319
>>47178155
>10 fyreslayer and their hero tunnel
>get out of the ground shooting 20 shots rerolling 1's to wound
> ???
>dead
(and it's even worse with skaven tunneling)

Same with a warmachine, even if the ghoul king is in the middle of the army there is no -1 or -2 to hit like in WHFB.
The dwarf could also just charge a unit of ghoul, and while in close combat shoot the ghoul king in the hero phase, as long as he is 18" away...

Remember that NO hero is safe now that we can shoot in melee...

You charge flamers of tzeentch with your vargulf ? your hero will be the target for at least 9 4+ 3+ D3 damage attack if he is within 18"
>>
>>47178202
yeah but witches are beyond hardmode to greenstuff. It's elf, and the pose of "dynamic" shoulder just means hours to reposition the arm, and then it looks out of place given the leap-pose of the model.
I regret so much buying those shit.

I agree with blightkings, a lovely kit, on par with Varanguards..

>Mind that pose afflicts quality HARD.
You mean a poseable model means a model less detailed ?
If yes, the problem isn't that they aren't good while in their pose, it's that i have to assemble a 11-part 28 elf (face + hairs are 3 part.. come one) for it to be monopose, they could just have them in a single block.

Look at the starter mini, all in maximum 2-3 part and worlds above witch elves in details.

Either make me not waste my time or make me enjoy a multipart kit with poseability, with WE i got the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>47178274
>The dwarf could also just charge a unit of ghoul, and while in close combat shoot the ghoul king in the hero phase, as long as he is 18" away...

Wait, so long as the ghoul king stays behind his ghouls in combat, wouldn't you not be able to shoot him, even during the combat phase? The rules say "line of sight" so theoretically as long as you kept at least four or so ghouls in front of your dwarf in a line so he can't "pile in" around them to get a vantage point, you wouldn't be able to target the ghoul king.
>>
>>47169098
huh. what kind of heroes could you reasonably expect this nerd to win against?
>>
>>47178375
>they could just have them in a single block.
and this is totally legit.
i just saw them on the table and tought they looked pretty good, their biggets drawback is that they are TOO dynamic. When you make models that go in big units, making them dynamic yet all similar due to monopose, it looks strange.
that, when ranked. round bases and free from regiments they look better.
>>47178411
mages, probably. His biggest flaw is he deals only one fucking damage. make him deal d3 and he gets a lot better, rerollable 3+ is not bad at all.
>>
File: 2016-05-10_064151.png (1 MB, 755x930) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-10_064151.png
1 MB, 755x930
>>47178394
not him but, ghouls are 1/3 the size of a aborant ghoul king for 3 reason.

-Ghouls don't stand up for some reason, making them much smaller than they should be
-Abhorrant ghoul king being displayed a a towering model way above even a vargulf as shown here (and given it's pose most people do that very trick to field him)
-Auric guard (and the skaven stormfiend) eyes are above any ghouls so even if there are 10 of them they still see above them
>>
>>47178678
Huh, makes sense.
>>
>>47178678
huh. now i want to use the broodlord patriarch for an abhorrent ghoul king.
>>
File: 2016-05-10_061218.png (677 KB, 816x434) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-10_061218.png
677 KB, 816x434
>>47178274
very very wrong pic sorry i meant to post this.
>>
>>47178678
>>47178774
>>47178893

yeah while the list is fun, fluffy AND strong (like every battletome out until know which is wonderful)
It is not broken in anyway and it's a perfectly legitimate playstyle given the weakness to shooting army (don't need a tunnel).

If any opponent complain about this list, then either don't play him or tell him to look for different tactics..
>>
>>47179735
what's a decent counts-as heinrich kimmler? i guess anything with a staff and a sword?
>>
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 1024x768
I wanna run something by you guys and ask for some input.
When AoS started I picked up the Bloodbound part of the starter on a whim and I 've had a blast with them so far. That said, everybody at the lgs has some sort of hero on big monster, be it sigmarine drakes, various dragons and chimeras, mortarchs, wyverns, Thanquol, and so on.
And I kinda want in on it.
Now, to stick with the theme, here's my idea. Take a slaughterbrute, but leave off all the binding shit and instead have a Mighty Lord of Khorne stand on its back, chained down like the ork boss on the Mawcrusha is. The dog gets removed and replaced with reins steering the slaughterbrute.
The Mighty Lord of Khorne languishes in the box anyway, since we have so many better heroes.
Rule-wise, how would you handle that? Just stick the Lord's axe and command trait on the brute and remove Beast Unbound and Runes of Binding (while applying the buff, since its obviously bound to the Lord)?
>>
>>47180084
Kemmler is still availiable and, I must add, still a great mini. Just look at that bitchin' hat.
>>
>>47180165
eh. he doesn't do it for me. also he's resin.
>>
File: v_4111_p_f.jpg (32 KB, 321x400) Image search: [Google]
v_4111_p_f.jpg
32 KB, 321x400
>>47180084
My personal favorite, you need adding some skull, and conversion.

>>47180135
>Just stick the Lord's axe and command trait
Look cool.
>>
>>47180351
What kind of mage you want?
Hasslefree has some great ones, especially if you want a female model. If you want plastic, get the battlemage box. Reaper also has tons of mages and necromancers, but they don't have the quality of more recent models.
Heresey has a Witch that looks like an updated and a little toned down Kemmler, would be a funny stand in imo. Also tjey have a ghoulish dynamic necromancer and an ok looking warlock.
>>
>>47171320
WUZ
>>
>>47169334
>>47169419
These two models look like an absolute mess. I'm not even sure what's going on with the Mistweaver.
Probably some of the first offerings from AoS that I haven't liked right away.
>>
>>47180975
DA SIGMURITAZ
>>
>>47181116
AN' SHEEIT!
>>
>>47176852
It's the cape + hero pose, not that I think Stormcast look bad, just this dude has got swag.
>>
So I'm going to try playing this tonight for the first time, I have thousands of models but fancy taking High Elves as they were my first and favourite army. Is there any point in army composition or should I just take whatever?
>>
>>47181807
Most people try to go for a theme, but that's by no means mandatory. If it's your first try, I'd recommend picking a bit of everything. Something shooty, something fighty, a wizard, some cavalry, maybe a chariot or a monster, that sort of thing, to get a feel for the system.
>>
File: nelson1.jpg (20 KB, 304x526) Image search: [Google]
nelson1.jpg
20 KB, 304x526
>>47177161
>mfw he charges his ghouls into 30 Saurus Guard with Mystic Shield and an Eternity Warden nearby
>>
>>47182413
Not even Nagash can face such brutal force.

This week pre-order.
>>
>>47182495
No kidding, I have seen Saurus Guard kill large monsters like Magmadroths and Dragons by themselves. They are by far the best 1 Wound unit in the game.
>>
>>47182413
So they get 2+ save 12 bravery and 3 attacks each? Wow. And I liked PGs with Alarielle and MS. 3+/4+ save, 2 attacks and no battleshock is pretty hard too. Or just a phoenix banner for reroll of bravery 9 with banner, 10 if within 8" of another unit with banner.
>>
File: lil k.gif (528 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
lil k.gif
528 KB, 250x188
>>47182976
I fucking love Saurus Guard.
>4+ save that ignores Rend -1
>Polearm is 2 attacks, 3/3 R1
>then 1 attack with 5/4 jaws
>while near any hero they go up to 12 bravery and 3+ save
>while the eternity warden is nearby they gain 1 more attack with the polearm

If you run the formation (and there's no reason not to run it) you also get:
>2+ save
>with mystic shield it's 1+ save, ignore R1
>D3 damage instead of 1 if you don't move/charge (can still pile in)

So fucking based
>>
>>47182495
>Core Game

More confirmed, I am glad.
>>
>>47183056
which formation?
>>
File: eternal starhost.png (2 MB, 1256x719) Image search: [Google]
eternal starhost.png
2 MB, 1256x719
>>47183778
>>
File: ghouls-post.jpg (56 KB, 960x383) Image search: [Google]
ghouls-post.jpg
56 KB, 960x383
>>47178678
>-Ghouls don't stand up for some reason, making them much smaller than they should be

Use the old GW ghouls. They look better than the current plastics too. Problem solved :^)
>>
Well to all the people who is complaining about witches monoposes, tell me plz alternative models, i wanted to buy the witches, but now i'm unsure
>>
>>47180084
Reaper has dozens of wizards. Some pretty good necromancers/evil clerics among them.
Dark Sword as a range of really nice miniatures.
Hasslefree minis are great as well.
Mad Puppet has a Necromancer that I personally quite like. I want to use him for Frostgrave and got a DarkAge mini as apprentice, so that's an interesting range too, though it's set in an post apocalyptic dark age, where people treat technology like magic. So there is a wide spread of stuff in there that could work.
Red Box Miniatures by Tre Manor is also really nice. He's got some very characterful casters as well.

And last, but not least the Frostgrave range by Northstar miniatures is worth mentioning as well. Loads of good models.
The LotR range has good stuff too.

If you are a stickler for the scale I'd recommend sticking to Reaper Minis though. The other ones I've mentioned all lean a bit more towards true scale as instead of heroic.
If you care for Kemmler's design you could convert the AoW witch hunter.
>>
File: vestal-troop-box.jpg (109 KB, 567x920) Image search: [Google]
vestal-troop-box.jpg
109 KB, 567x920
>>47184402
>witches monoposes

Raging Heroes Blood Vestals, another 10 monoposes resin models, slightly cheaper then GW kit. AoW got one before, but no longer available.
>>
This 'use any hero in WHQ' shit is the best. This is going to be one of our new gamenight games. Half the ttime people are too tired from work to play a full game and this shit is just the best shit. Cant wait to have my Sunblood kick the shit out of some beaky beastmen
>>
>>47185009
>'use any hero in WHQ' shit is the best
You need pay to unlock the individual hero into WHQ, hope the price is reasonable, like 1.99 each?
>>
>>47185048
i would lvoe 1.99 each, but i'll wait a WHQ battletome with a compilation of them

I much prefer having to pay even if it's more than 1.99 than having McDonalds ads in my battletomes tho.
>>
>>47180135
Just stick the attacks on top. i'll play that no prob IF there is a least a little bit of conversion done, if it's just the Khorne lord with base on top of a grey beast meh.
>>
In regard of battalion:

>Nope, only individual units. But there shall be no reason for such a formation to exist as none of these "heroes" are friends or would even know each others before entering the Silver Tower. The Chaos one for example is not redeemed at all and is truly here to attract more favors from the Chaos Gods. Not the best drinking buddy for a Stormcast.

No GM required?

>It's coop but each turn a new player take the role of the Gaunt Summoner and will have to play the monsters. If I understand correctly he still plays his character, but he also has the task of handling the encounters from the enemy side. Thought tables and dice shall be the one dictating most of the enemy behaviors.

>You also have an additional common pool of fate dice that can be used on top of those each character have, but there is a mechanic that makes it risky. Double 1 or 6 cause events to happen, double of any other number will make familiars appear. Don't ask me for a detailed explanation on how it works cause it's very foggy to me.

>You can try to capture familiars to use their power but there is a chance it ends poorly.

>As soon as everybody left a room it is removed from the table.

>If a heroes suffers 4 wounds he is disabled until the group can rest or whatever it will be called in English. Resting happen if there are no enemies in a room anymore. You can freely move and either patch you up or try to find a treasure. But trying to do that two consecutive turns will force unexpected events.

via Archibald_TK@whinseer
>>
File: LC_Javelin.png (1 MB, 937x1223) Image search: [Google]
LC_Javelin.png
1 MB, 937x1223
New try, this time with hopefully less typos and/or retarded decisions.

>Changelog:
- Removed the typo with Stormblast Impact.
- Changed Stormblast Impact to trigger at the start of any phase instead of the battleshock phase.
- Added a stipulation that Stormblast Impact can only trigger once a turn on any given unit.
- Changed the Damage value on the Stormflight Javelin from d6 to a flat 3. Half the maximum damage, worse average damage, but still a fairly strong singular attack, if marred by mediocre Rend.

I hope I am getting closer to having something playable. Again, any help, recommendations or similar is highly appreciated.
>>
Any good models to stand in for female warriors of chaos? I'm doing slaanesh and I wanted to have mixed units.
>>
>>47186475
I'd let you play with this.
But thats also me just being the kind of guy who really likes what you're doing with the model so i'm always "why the fuck not?"
>>
>>47186569
You're awsome
>>
New pink horror really has been in the gym.
>>
>>47186699
Chaos has been consistently swole in AoS.
How can Sigmar even compete?
>>
>>47186691
Before though it was a little OP but now the model is what I'd imagine a fucking Celestant to be with the spear of destiny so 9/10 man.
>>
Are scans of the Grand Alliance books available yet?
>>
>>47186812
Someone's gonna have to out-lift the other.
>>
>>47186832
Why do you want scans

It's just rules which are available on the website for free already

All the battalions from Order are in the OP pastebin
>>
File: 2016-05-10_214341.png (461 KB, 804x584) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-10_214341.png
461 KB, 804x584
>>47186812
with extremis desolators able to wreck archaon + skarbrand + nagash + glottkin in a single round
>>
>>47186832
I'm working on scanning that young death book but the only proper scanner that can do the job is at the University I attend and those rat bastards fight me day and night for the rights to use it.

Soonâ„¢
>>
>>47186475
2 shooting attacks would be better.
but i'll play this anyway
>>
File: rgrgrg.jpg (313 KB, 1600x777) Image search: [Google]
rgrgrg.jpg
313 KB, 1600x777
>>47186868
I'm different anon.
I remember someone saying that he'll scan Death book. Was looking forward to it, then was worried, now I see that you're still on it. You're a hero.
>>
>>47186569
>>47186825
Glad to hear some positive feedback. Thanks.

>>47186903
I'm kinda afraid that two shots would put that weapon in overpowered regions, considering you could potentially spread Stormblast Impact across three units, nevermind the 3 damage.
>>
>>47186699
Damn, is that a tzeentch prince on the right?

I knew it, the box art never lies
>>
File: 2016-025.jpg (98 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
2016-025.jpg
98 KB, 750x1000
>>47187641
It's an tzeentchian ogre mage.
>>
>>47187703
That's really fucking cool.

So hit and miss how some of these games they release are shitty while some are golden.

Thankfully this hits the mark for me.
>>
>>47183056
Absolute cancer, especially with the skink priest. Had to bring 2 Foulrain Congregations to counter that. Turns out Sera player are really sore losers when their beloved guard gets obliterated by 12d6 rend -2 wounds per turn.
>>
>>47187703
I really hope Saint Duncan does a video for that dude. I know they normally stick to paint schemes beginners/improvers can have a crack at for those videos, but it'd be cool to see them do one for a complex, blended scheme.
>>
So, I bought the Grand Alliance: Order book a couple days ago, and it really makes me want to make a Lion Rangers/Wanderers army. I really like the fluff bits.

Thinking something like:
>2 White Lion units
>1 White Lion Chariot
>1 or 2 Sisters of the Watch units
>Maybe a Spellweaver as the Hero

Probably going to get started on it tomorrow, at least one box of White Lions to mess with. It just seems like a fun theme.
>>
File: Skaven plague monks boxart.png (3 MB, 1536x943) Image search: [Google]
Skaven plague monks boxart.png
3 MB, 1536x943
>>47187740
Yes-Yess...Deliver them unto Pestilens. Gift-give the blessed boon of disease. Drown the cursed Star-things in filth, in their final agonizing throes may they recognize the fate-doom of all who oppose the Great Corrupter!
>>
>>47185115
Yeah I'd want to pay for a book with everything.
>>
From GW AOS Facebook page:
>So, it looks like some pictures of the new Warhammer Quest: Silver Tower miniatures have escaped the labyrinth of madness and found their way onto the internet. (Clearly this was Tzeentch’s plan all along.)
>But we don’t want you guys to have to squint at half-focused images taken by a gibbering camera familiar.
>Here are some proper quality images of the new miniatures for you to gawp at.
>We’ll have more news on the new game soon, so stay posted.

They just officially leaked miniature pics. I repeat, GW just officially leaking miniature pics.
>>
>>47188209
>>
>>47188229
>>
>>47188243
>>
>>47188209
It's not really a leak when they do it officially, anon. Being official and being leaked are kind of mutually exclusive.
>>
>>47188209
They seem to take it in good stride. But man the Aelf models look like shit. If that is the new design I really don't care for the faction anymore.
>>
>>47188257
>>
>>47188209

That would NOT look out of place at all in a Dark Eldar army.
>>
>>47188271
No but yeah but no but. Releasing official model pics before the preorder date is completely new* for them.

*New for nu-GW, obviously.
>>
>>47188311

Is a "knight questor" a new unit for Stormcast?
>>
>>47188327
Yup.
>>47169098
>>
Building some chaos knights, which weapons should I use, glaives or ensorcled weapons?
>>
>>47188275

They look way too Eldar-ish
>>
>>47188281
So smug.
>>
>>47188327
New hero.
>>
>>47187740
Agreed. Between the 1+ rerollable guard blob, the slann, the fucking chameleon skins, idiotic ripper dactyles and the unkillable Dinos, Seraphon are my least favourite faction to play against, especially when those faggots demand to play with summoning unrestricted.
>>
>>47188209
>male witch elf
gross

the crown is funky, though
>>
>>47188473
How does one counter such shameless and relentless faggotry?
>>
>>47188209
>Shard the Edgeaelf
>>
>>47188492
Don't play with them.
>>
Knight-Venators are the solution to summoner spam.
>>
>>47188229

I'm fine with this model save for the mask. It's a neat design but it would benefit from a face with an expression. The mask isn't even that bad but it kind of sucks with the given model.

Actually, the mask might work better on >>47188209, and an unmasked face on Saih.
>>
>>47188657
And when it is time for point-based competitive games this summer?
>>
>>47188492
What >>47188657 said. As soon as they started bringing Kroak to every game I simply stopped playing. Luckily there are enough other people playing AoS around here that it doesn't matter to me.
>>
>>47188734
Don't enter tournaments? It's like you don't acknowledge your own free will.
>>
>>47188734
>And when it is time for point-based competitive games this summer?

Here's hoping they are gimped by points.
>>
>>47188209
Ehh. Okay, I guess. Too busy.
>>47188229
That helmet-mask-thing....Coat and hair is nice, though.
>>47188243
Fantastic. The priest looks great and the Gryph-hound is super cute. Boxed Gryph-hounds when, GW?
>>47188257
Looks like a Fyreslayer. For good or ill.
>>47188281
Great detail and an incredibly expressive face, slightly marred by a boring pose. Still, pretty damn good.
>>47188311
I like sigmarines, and this is more of that. Make of that what you will.
>>
>>47188229
>>47188209
Yo boss, we really suck at female faces, but we have found a way to work around it! Make the Witchelf a guy and put a mask on the other chick.
>>
>>47188229
> Hate this model, but love its rules
> Love the old Loremaster model, but hate its rules

Ha ha, time for proxies.
>>
>>47188229
It's a way clearer shot and I have *still* no clue what is going on with this model.
>>
>>47189173
What aren't you getting exactly?
>>
>>47188492
Mortal wounds and high rend attacks chew through saurus guard
>>
>>47189342
To that end, MOAR STARDRAKES

A full extremis chamber will wreck a Seraphon Army.
>>
>>47189389
It will do a lot versus temple guard but it also struggles with the Carnosaur/Stegadon charge, Terradon rock drops, and ripperdactyl/chameleon skink assassination.

Seraphon vs Stormcast is a fun matchup
>>
Wonder what rules the slaughterpriests will have in WHQ
>>
>>47189076
Do like me, use Eltharion for loremaster.
>>
>>47189616
There isn't an Eltharion on Foot anymore, though.
>>
>>47189389
Stardrakes are just bullshit anyway. Sniping D6 Heroes for D3 Mortal Wounds with infinite range every turn? And it's not a spell, so no fucking unbinding? Yeah, that fucks everything over, but Seraphon especially so because the "adjust all casting rolls on the table by +/- 1" hits these guys especially hard.
>>
http://happyshop012.gotoip2.com/goods.php?id=3597

Can anyone tell how many models you get for $40. Been looking for these forever and if it's $40 for 10 I'll get them immediately...
>>
I hope the Lion Rangers get a Hero unit of some kind, especially with Korhil gone. They don't seem to have much synergy with any of the other elf-themed Hero/Wizard units, aside from maybe the Loremaster.
>>
>>47188209
>>47188229
>>47188257
These are too busy. Bad composition.

>>47188243
this one is decent, but looks kinda like an old school d&d cleric. Pretty boring.

>>47188281
This is not boring, but pretty run of the mill, with the aos trademark clutter. Rackham, hf and Red Box do better Barbarians, that are cleaner.

>>47188311
Surprisingly this guy makes Stormcast look somewhat less boring. Think the cape and topknot add something a little more dynamic. This is actually a decent miniature.

Though considering how GW prices the AoS range I won't get any of these.
>>
>>47191346
Which miniature is that?
>>
>>47188281
Best GW model ever.
>>
>>47188281
fuckin noice

>>47188311
also pretty good surprisingly
>>
>>47188229
I seem to be the odd-one-out here, but I like it.
>>
>>47190200
>Lion Rangers get a Hero unit
Questionable, GW want to push new model line with different aesthetic, they will leave the old model as it.

>>47189739
>Stardrakes are just bullshit
They supposed to be Nagash/Archaon/thundertusk/bastiladon...tier.
>>
>>47192118
It's from Rackham and called Virago.
for the now defunct Confrontation game.
CMON sells a few of the minis under the Legacy company brand.
Other than that your best best is to get some from Cadwallon.com.
>>
I looked in the resources and couldn't find the big chaos battletome in either MEGA, anyone have it?
>>
File: ilikebeastmen.jpg (75 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
ilikebeastmen.jpg
75 KB, 873x627
What are the chances that Beastmen are gonna get squatted? I could live with them being relegated to Sisters of Battle never updated tier but a full cut I won't be able to take lads.
>>
>>47193880
>Questionable, GW want to push new model line with different aesthetic, they will leave the old model as it.
Yeah, but since they made the White Lions their own subfaction in AoS, it wouldn't surprise me if they revamped their line with updated models at some point.
>>
File: 1462475063983.jpg (535 KB, 926x682) Image search: [Google]
1462475063983.jpg
535 KB, 926x682
>>47194761

Beastmen will most likely be folded into an existing faction. Bretonnia was the one to get hit with the squat-bat. As did Tomb Kings for some odd reason.
>>
>>47194794
I feel like Beastmen are safe as they're just a subset of Chaos whereas Bretonnia and Tomb Kings were their "own" faction if that make sense but I understand that Beastmen are unpopular as fuck so idk.
>>
>>47194824
Beastmen and skaven seem to me to be the basic chaos jobbers, we won't lose them as long as GW has use of them dying in droves to prove the awesomeness of <other faction>.
>>
>>47194761
tzaangors are getting their first models ever, in plastic

Beastmen probably won't disappear, but I wouldn't be surprised if you saw more of the khorngor/pestigor style, instead of the generic goatmen.
>>
Got a AoS starter off ebay.. but its missing the instructions on how to put these together.. most of them seem pretty simple but theres i couple i don't wanna risk ham handing. Could somebody point me in the direction of a pdf on how to build the AoS Starter models?
>>
>>47194260
None of the Grand Alliance books are availiable digitally. Someone would have to go and scan their physical copy.
I own a copy, but no scanner. That said, you aren't missing much, the lore in those books is miniscule and the tiny handful of formations are largely forgettable.
>>
>>47194761
>>47194794
>>47194824
I feel like Beastmen are safe since they're visually distinct among the AoS line. They'll probably just have their older models rotated-out for newer ones at some point.
>>
>>47194761
I have a friend starting Beastmen. What are their weaknesses? How do I defeat them?
>>
>>47194794
Aren't Tomb Kings mentioned in the new fluff? Sounds like they're holding off on them for a later release.

Bretonnia is gone for good though.
>>
>>47194788
>revamped their line with updated models
You got the point, just like Ironjawz. A few kits and a battletome, BOOM!

>>47194877
>how to build the AoS Starter models
>[email protected]

You lost instruction, instead of 2nd hand from eBay, you know. ;)

>>47195394
>Tomb Kings mentioned in the new fluff?
And make appearance in Vision, WD too.
>>
>>47187703
Fuck it, add some avian wings and you have a tzeentch DP or LoC. Model is gorgeous
>>
>>47195870
I think I'll use it as a Tzeentch Doombull
>>
>>47195870
princes are cooler without wings
>>
>>47195231
Punch them a bunch. Beastmen are really fast for a infantry force and can deal decent damage, but they can't take a hit.
Also, steer clear of minotaurs.
>>
>>47194788
More Lion Ranger models would make more sense. They need a hero and a big monster to put them on par with the Scourgewater Privateers
>>
>>47196469
A generic Korhil replacement would be a great hero. As for big monsters, i don't think they really need one, they already have white lion chariots. They should get the option to take white lions as war beasts, and maybe even get Lion cavalry.
>>
>>47196628
Just use Koril? He still has rules and a command ability if you play the WL's on old rules - he gives rerolls to hit for both foot and chariot and CA is +1 to wound monsters, which means within 8" they will be 3+/2+ reroll hits rend -1 2 attacks vs monsters.
>>
Is there any reason to use clanrats over stormvermin? Stormvermin seem to be strictly better.
>>
File: kudIo1d.jpg (595 KB, 2048x2442) Image search: [Google]
kudIo1d.jpg
595 KB, 2048x2442
Big orruk best orruk
>>
>>47197205
If you play with wounds as the only restriction, then no.
>>
>>47197228
Nice job anon
>>
>>47195394
Oh God no, not generic mummies in AoS....

Or after 30+ battletome maybe
>>
>>47197245
What other restrictions can you use?
>>
>>47197228
fucking godlike anon.
>>
File: CPdJUCE.jpg (393 KB, 1012x1306) Image search: [Google]
CPdJUCE.jpg
393 KB, 1012x1306
>>47197897
Just for you
>>
>>47197228
>That Orc face
>Oh You
>>
>>47194761
0%

Reminder that TK and Bretonnians have NOT been squatted. Their rules from AOS launch are still valid are being curated. They are still in the AOS app so they are still available to play, and they have confirmed that the upcoming Generals Handbook will include points for legacy models (TK/Brets/anything else that was cut)

It has been hinted that TK are still around in the Mortal Realms (books write about undead legions with rulers over 10,000 years old and there are Sphinx sightings as well) so you can probably expect the TK to come back Seraphon-style at some point.
>>
>>47188229
This model is fucking amazing. Shame I don't play anything remotely elf-like.

Could work as a tau ethereal with some gutsy greenstuffing maybe?
>>
>tfw you haven't played Warhammer or kept up with it in about four years, but want to get back in

What the kek is going on?
>>
>>47198193
It became 10 times better;
>>
>>47198193
Chaos won and the Old World exploded

Sigmar ascended to godhood during the End Times and created a new set of 8 realms based on the winds of magic, connected through Realmgates.

For a while it was all good (Age of Myth) and we had all sorts of giants and gods and monsters walking around and civilization and peace.... but then chaos started fucking everything up again (Age of Chaos).

Sigmar retreated to his favourite realm Azyr (Realm of Heavens) and the others were razed by Chaos. In Azyr he created the Stormcast Eternals, a legion composed of immortal heroes from all human history, and is now launching a crusade to reclaim the other realms. This is the Age of Sigmar.
>>
what battletome do I need to play nurgle?
I have heard that they works well with rats, should I get some and field along with blightkings I'm paiting atm?
>>
>>47198221

Said no one ever.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.