[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Once...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Sleepy Tooth.png (12 KB, 675x638) Image search: [Google]
Sleepy Tooth.png
12 KB, 675x638
Tell sleepy Tooth a story from your run, /tg/
>>
>>47156244
Once I burned down a village of drow that were living on the outskirts of the underdark.
There were no survivors.
And much rejoicing.
>The smell of burning flesh and wood in the morning
>>
>>47158158
Good story.
>>
>>47156244
Well, in last night's shadowrun, Our mage had to use a spirit's 'move' power on our getaway car, since the rigger was too cheep to buy gas.
>>
Once upon a time there was an illithid spy who had been fleshwarped to look like a human, then polymorphed into an illithid, then hat of disguised to look like a human again who was planted by the illithids in a town government as part of a false flag operation by the illithids to make it look like the illithid spies who had recently been discovered were actually a dastardly human plot cooked up to raise paranoia and justify raising taxes.

The party murdered him for completely unrelated reasons never knowing who or what he really was then polymorphed his dying body into an illithid whilst disguising their spell as dispel magic in order to frame him as a spy and make a power play for control of the city.

That was a really stupid game.
>>
File: 1313737267890.jpg (24 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
1313737267890.jpg
24 KB, 500x464
>>47159361
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 650x650
>>47156244
>Once I asked someone to speak with me in private for a bit during a session.
>With romantic intentions.
>And when neither of us rejected the other, we were too confused to know what to do.
>Neither of us had ever NOT been rejected.
>I, jokingly, suggest we roll a die to decide.
>Nat 20.
>We've been going steady since.
>>
>>47156244
Well. One of the lads is a noble. However, his noble family might not be noble at all. So, another one of the lads, don't like the noble, and is decided to uncover the true story of the heroes of the realm and republic, who founded the place, and our noble mate is a descendant; or according to the other lad: he is not. Well, this of course was all very interesting, however, one of the lads (a third one) somehow become the owner of a venue in town, which he used all our spare money to reform and opened an inn. So, we all became innkeepers. And when we were going to buy a slab of marble to make a fountain on the yard, one of the lads became enraged when the merchant overpirced it. he refute the price with the most memorable sentence: "I know everything about marble and stone. You can't trick me." After not buying the overpriced marble, we uncovered a plot of the stone masons to inflate the market with fake marble and limestone. because we would not buy overpriced second hand marble, we set up a plan to stop them. This somehow, made us enemies with the Gamblers Guild, which was making bets on the stone stock market.
>>
>>47156244
C'mon, I want to hear some stories.
>>
>>47159515
That's precious
>>
Not even my character, one of my players. I'm doing a WoD campaign in 1980's Miami. During a fight, one of the non-combat characters decides to pick up a rock and chuck it at one of the enemies. Due to just not being trained, she's already rolling Chance Die. Manages to get a success. This success manages to be the one needed to knock out the last enemy and win the combat for the players before the enemy got a chance to act on that turn.
>>
>>47159515
I want to believe
>>
>>47156244
once upon a time, through mysterious means, my character had become a villain he was one all along. DM and I cohorted to make this so and had summoned a necromancer/barbarian whose legion of the dead began a siege of the city. A brave Dragonborn (the 4e kind) fought bravely in the battle to protect a child princess he had adopted after she was orphaned in a riot. Alas he died in vain during the battle. With my newfound BBEG powers, and a smidgen of fondness and camaraderie that was left in my heart for my ally, I challenged him to a game for his soul. we played the a game of shadows in the garden of death. He shortly realized that this victory was mine, and our hearts ached together. I had secretly bet my own soul in addition to his, and through this loss we succumbed to the dark forces. My agency was left to fate as his soul was left to the voracious beings Outside. Despair consumed us, until we saw the light. the game was called Niya, my character was controlled by the DM from then on, and we both made new characters
>>
File: PC Methods.jpg (155 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
PC Methods.jpg
155 KB, 800x600
>>47156244
>Group is a band of mercenaries for a dubious king
>They only serve because the alternative is worse and he plays them hella cash
>Basically, this kingdom's getting its shit stomped by invading barbarians
>Main force of the enemy is coming in a week or so

>Turns out the enemy has a side force sent to harrass the kingdom before the final siege
>Sent to investigate
>Meet up with the camp
>Start sneaking around
>Sneaking fails

>Start killing their dudes
>Every time all of their dudes are killed or enough time passes, more guys show up
>Basically planning it to be a combat/XP mission rather than a roleplaying or puzzle session
>Two waves of four or five members come after the party
>All of them get stomped

>After a bit, I started turning the session into what amounted to Infinite Mode
>Slowly increase the amount per wave to six or seven
>Holy fuck, it's been like five waves
>They've taken out anywhere from 20-30 people in the span of three in-game minutes, I've really lost count

>Send one of their leaders after them
>He starts to hand the party their ass
>Lucky crit fail lands this guy's sword into a tree
>They eventually take him down

>Another two or three waves
>They don't want to leave yet, so they get kinda desperate
>Party paladin (dwarf) remembers he has a set of ever-light crystals that explode like a grenade if they fall far enough
>He asks if he can throw one at the enemy
>whitephosphorous.mp4
>Kills four mooks in one shot

>Finally they realize that the only loot they'll be getting is bounties from the king and the +1 boss's greatsword
>Cleric drops a cloud to cover their tracks
>Total kill count landed at about fifty or sixty enemy generics
>Realize that the PCs have basically just written a war horror story for the other side
>>
I once created a bossfight that was resolved immediately by the panickibg clerk through some miracle level dice luck. Ended up lodging a burning torch in the boss' head.
>>
>>47162230
Pathfinder I assume
>>
>>47162610
5E, actually, homebrew setting.
I'm just a terribly lenient DM, something I seriously need to work on.
>>
>>47156244

Once I tricked the Emperor into honoring any verbal agreement and bet his life against the universe.

I think if the trillions of people who died because of me would have been angry if they knew.

I'm also not allowed to roll gamblers any more.
>>
File: Imperius-SoL.jpg (60 KB, 660x664) Image search: [Google]
Imperius-SoL.jpg
60 KB, 660x664
>>47156244
Our group's involvement in the main storyline directly resulted in the unmaking of the god of reincarnation.

He was probably one of our best shots at killing the BBEG and we got him dead.

Luckily it wasn't my fault. An odd combo of stupidity from the paladin and druid is what did him in.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.