[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Goes great with almost all Aggro >Easily fits in every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
>Goes great with almost all Aggro
>Easily fits in every two colored deck
>Supports its own engine
>Can win the game

Is this the best card in the set?
>>
>5 mana to activate
Sadly, yes.
>>
>>47155103
i like it in edh because im casual scum
>>
>>47155103
is it black?
>>
>>47157759
The creature is black due to that color indicator circle in the creature type bar. The land side is colorless.
>>
>>47155103
No. That title would have to go with avacyn. She's the new and better-in-every-way Serra angel.
>4/4 vigilance flying.
>Flash
>Turns everything indestructible upon entrance so you can chump block a Zerg rush for 0 damage.
>If something dies you get a free soft board wipe plus a +2/+1 in exchange for vigilance.
>G/W is now a legitimate competitive deck archetype.
>>
>>47157982
What does archetype even mean anymore? The PT has ruined the word.
>>
>>47157982
>the new and better-in-every-way Serra angel
Wasn't that Baneslayer?
>>
>>47158167
Baneslayer is better, but it doesn't have vigilance, so it's not quite Serra Angel.
Archangel Avacyn is a legendary Serra Angel with flash and indestructibility for your crap for a turn. Same cost, same stats, same everything, just with more stuff.
>>
>>47155103

I love the flavour/mechanics marriage going on in this card.
>>
>>47158450
>legendary
Thats the difference champ.
>>
>>47158603
And having her as a commander is bad how exactly?
>>
>>47155103
>>>>>>>>>>pay 1 life and 5 mana for a 1/1
sure
>>
>>47158603
I believe they were referring to complications caused by the legend rule.
>>
I sold mine
they were fucking useless

18-19 lands in mono white humans I'll never get a chance to use them as a sideboard card, 5 mana just to sack fuck off I got my money back
>>
>>47159264
>>47161994
Holy Shit is this board bad at magic
>>
>>47155103
Probably not, although being effectively colorless, it probably fits into more decks than any other card in the set.
Avacyn is probably a better card like anon already said. Goddamn that card is busted.

>>47161994
Have fun losing to decks packing sweepers with a curve like that. Good aggro decks tend to have some resilience.

>>47158603
Obligatory 'not strictly better' mention.
>>
Really easy to get off in zombies, i run 2 and 2 mage ring networks, it works really nicely.
>>
>>47162896
Have you considered Blighted Fen to deal with opposing Ormundahls? I don't quite see what you need Mage Ring Network for in Zombies.
>>
>>47155103
I will feed it some of my elf token swarm, then relax and let the uber demon lead the rest to victory.
>>
>>47162954
I can cast a fucking huge From Under The Floorboards but I'm considering doing away with all 4 (2 FUTFB and 2 MRN). Idk what to replace the from under the floorboards with, maybe just more removal or 2 Ob Nixilis/Jace The Unraveler.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/bu-zombie-graveyard/

This is my current paper list. Sideboard not included atm
>>
>>47155103
I loathe this card

>huge game ending threat on a land which is inherently one of the hardest things to interact with
>hard to get rid of the prince unless you are either playing a specific archetype or just playing bad cards to compensate
>exists in a world of instant speed high token producing cards which are difficult to interrupt unless like the last point you are in a specific archetype or running bad cards to compensate
>exists in a world where 80% of planeswalkers are hurr durr produce token hurr durr value ability and ultimate
>also is easily splash-able in any deck that goes wide in any sense of the word

T-thanks maro
>>
>>47157982
Avacyn makes me sick

Her entire design just feels super forced as fuck. When a card just has so many keywords and effects you could just take a few and trash them and the card would still be good then you have a problem.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.