[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you include intrigue elements in a dungeon crawling campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: beautiful_death_one-shot_149.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2804) Image search: [Google]
beautiful_death_one-shot_149.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2804
How do you include intrigue elements in a dungeon crawling campaign where you barely see any other intelligent characters?
>>
This is like asking how to include aquatic creatures in a desert setting.
>>
>>47145473
And yet both seem to have the same answer.
>an oasis
>>
>>47145473
Fish tanks?
>>
>>47145548
>>47145566

Stay retardrd.
>>
>>47143037
Party encounters other characters in the dungeon and come to owe them favors
NPCs have conflicting goals
Party decides what to do in the face of debts and what have you
>>
>>47143037
Dungeon's backstory, questions and decisions should be taken from some personal drama from the past
>>
>>47143037
Apocalyptic logs that catalog the dungeon's construction, original purpose, or inhabitants.
>>
>>47145930
>"I hate fun"
>>
>>47143037
dunno.
>>
>>47143037
Clarification: Are you saying that this particular 'dungeon crawl' (I'm assuming one big 'megadungeon' site being the center of the campaign) is uninhabited by other intelligent creatures, or are you saying that you assume a dungeon-crawling campaign never involves meeting other intelligent creatures?
>>
File: Argugin xeoisects.png (953 KB, 758x1047) Image search: [Google]
Argugin xeoisects.png
953 KB, 758x1047
>>47143037

All the party members know that there's a thing at the end of the dungeon that can only grant ONE of the party member's wishes, but that to do that an item each of the PCs carries is vital to activating the wish granting thing.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.