[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG lore: Writefriends and Flakes Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
File: FLakes.jpg (5 MB, 1802x4578) Image search: [Google]
FLakes.jpg
5 MB, 1802x4578
PREVIOUSLY ON THE FLAKE THREAD

Things happened. The End.

Naaahhhh, there was lots of new flakes and writefagging:

Diomedes and Desdemona >>47073488
Zix lives! >>47075219
Narimi and Gaia continue to have teatime >>47079578 >>47089137 >>47108405
The Lost >>47075063
Torbern Iceclaw >>47086545
Del, Cala, and Murdock >>47088680
Anna, Eustace, and Marion >>47093436
Lord Æeon >>47105005
Tazdir >>47130568

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Previous Thread: >>47073433
>>
Might write a short story about Frances tomorrow. I want to give him a little time in the limelight
>>
>>47143509
do it
>>
Will post more tomorrow, if Musa's anon sees this, would it be cool if I used him?
>>
good morning
>>
>>47146296
And how are you this fine morning?
>>
>>47146649
good
just playing through the wheels of lul
>>
File: Remes.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Remes.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
Is it storytime? I think it's storytime. This will be the first one-shot featuring my own flakes in order to give more depth to their personalities, thoughts, and methods.
His niche may be a little densely occupied right now, but here's a little story featuring:

>Remes, Dimir Artificer

Rumors.
Rumors are a part of everyday life. Just the right word said at the right time, in the right way can encite all sorts of emotions. Information can be spread, and misinformation just as easily. Rumors beget curiosity. Not curiosities, such as the cloaked man that no one noticed outside of the mansion. That man was quite proficient in finding and spreading rumors, and he had found one that made him curious.

This man was standing in the shadows of the outer wall. He was strange, not just in the sense that one might suggest by looking at him. Kamigawa over, he would have been entirely unrecognizable, even if they could remember what he looked like. This stranger from somewhere else had come in the night seeking something that could supposedly be found within the walls of this noble's home. The rumors that this figure, known by few others as Remes, had heard were that this noble house had recently risen in standing among the other ones. More interestingly, there were a few whispers that the head of the house had used a strange mask to gain advantage over his peers. Such a thing brought out Remes' curiosity. He had resolved to find it and take it for his own study and use.
Such activities weren't new to him. He came quite prepared and always intended to get the job that he set out to do completed in a fashion that would be done efficiently and leave no trace. He pulled his cloak tight around his body; if anyone had been looking at him, he would have seemed to have vanished into thin air.
>>
File: Kami of Ancient Law.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Kami of Ancient Law.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47147378

It was easy enough. As he approached the main gates, he whispered an incantation that carried to the guard's ears and pulled him into a deep slumber. Not wasting any time, he raised a strange, key-like object to the iron lock on the solid, wooden gate. Focusing mana into the keyrune as he turned it, it began to reshape in a fashion that turned the tumblers perfectly, allowing him to quietly slip inside and seal the gate behind him.
Entering the mansion was similarly easy. Remes had already staked out and determined the layout in advance. Surely finding the mask in an inner sanctum would be child's play for him. He should have thought more of the stone plaques adorning the entry hall. When he passed through the doorway into the next hall, he found a pair of eyes on him. The guard staring at him was surprised and quickly reaching to unsheathe his blade. A pointless effort, Remes thought as he whispered another incantation. Though the man tried to draw his sword, he found that it would not budge from its sheathe. Within the next moment, Remes had placed his hand on the guard's head and was muttering a rapid string of words. The guard's eyes rolled back in his head as Remes' hand softly glowed, the new memories of this moments-long encounter being pulled from his mind.
"What an amateur," Remes quietly mused to himself. If the guard had been more intelligent, he might have called out for help the moment that he'd spotted the intruder. It was uncommon for these excursions to come with the added liability of breaking the enchantments on his cloak, and this fellow had wasted the opportunity trying to play the hero. Now that he was aware that he was no longer hidden in such a way, he would have to proceed more cautiously. He allowed the guard to slump uselessly against the wall and continued on his way.
>>
File: Uba Mask.jpg (28 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Uba Mask.jpg
28 KB, 223x310
>>47147389
To his surprise, his previous success seemed to not be just a fluke. The guards that he snuck by through the dark corners of the halls often failed to notice him. The few that did found themselves quickly doubting that they had seen anything at all. Before long, he had breached the inner sanctum of the mansion. Remes searched room by room for the mask, to no avail. His presumptions had been incorrect and left only one alternative that he had previously hoped would not be the case: that the noble was keeping the mask in their own private chambers.
He silently entered those chambers and began searching. In that dark, quiet place, the noble lay in a bed enshrouded by curtains. When he thought he had exhausted every hiding place, Remes resolved to simply steal the secret from the nobleman's mind. However, as he went to throw back the curtains, he was suddenly confronted from behind them by a horrifying face. The noble was awake, wearing the mask, and was now attempting to stab him with a short blade. As Remes attempted to gather his thoughts to counter, he found that he had trouble holding the thoughts there. Nearly losing blood a handful of times in short succession, he finally managed to act on a passing through quickly enough that he could execute it before it passed.
When he called the mask into his own hand, he felt its influence leave him immediately. Quickly tucking it into his cloak, he grasped the noble by the throat and drew the breath from his lungs. His opponent, now without air, collapsed back onto the bed in a weakened heap. The cloaked man embedded the short blade into one of the bed posts and then began siphoning the nobleman's memories of his visit, becoming a stranger once more. Leaving him unconcious, the curious fellow took a moment to account for his newest acquisition.
>>
File: Dimir Signet.jpg (9 KB, 200x226) Image search: [Google]
Dimir Signet.jpg
9 KB, 200x226
>>47147405
He could very easily have framed any other noble for the theft, but it mattered little to him. Unlike back home, there was little value to doing such a thing here. Instead, he would leave it a curiousity that would beget new rumors. Satisfied, he was quickly gone from that place entirely. Instead of Kamigawa, he was now standing in an equally dark chamber that was more familiar to him. He placed the mask down on the workbench and examined it more properly. This, he thought, could be quite useful.
>>
>>47147418
It is not bad Remes-chan but I think it would be better if stories featured more than one character. It would have been cooler if when Remes was to steal the mask he was faced with another 'walker who had just stolen it.
>>
Just curious, what anons are on?
>>
Selenra/Narimi anon here. Buried under a heavy workload the last few days, I intend to pick back up some time this week.
>>
>>47149943
Anna here, pulling a 12.5 hour shift. Will be on around 11
>>
>>47150164
Yaaaay! Take as much time as you need to.
>>
>>47148166
I hear what you're saying, but I don't have any plans right now to do collaborative stories. This is basically just extending off of the character sheet for the time being for my own exploration and for anyone else that might want to know more about my characters.
>>
Which flake would be interested in a plane bound villain working to try and channel all of the plane's mana to ascend to godhood?
>>
>>47149943
Murdock here, trying to write some thing more but I have a ton of stuff to draw. This for people who think drawing is nothing but fun and relax...
>>
>>47149943
Remes, Cala, Jakrol, Winifred Anon here.
>>
>>47152779
what do you draw? Can you post something?
>>
>>47152972
Comics for the french comcis business, sort of. I am still in training under true comics artists. I did the pic for Murdock myself, though that was a bit rushed.
>>
>>47152779
I can draw too. Wanna have a draw party?
>>
>>47153627
What do you mean?
>>
Is snowstorm ded?
>>
>>47155251
I'm trying my hand at writing something, but it won't be up until much, much later.
>>
>>47155251
It's mother's day so people probably have family time
>>
>>47153627
I dunno. I just like drawing.
>>
>>47155251
No. It's just slowed down. But there's been a lot of writing.
>>
>>47149943
Cianne/Granny but stuck on mobile. If it weren't for timing I woulda jumped into this a lot more.

>>47155251
The creation of new flakes has slowed down so now it's on the more involved part of using them. Expected to be slowed down a bit.
>>
>>47156638
I personally have been really digging all this writing. I can't wait for some more of these walkers to meet up. Fuck current canon. This shit is infinitely more interesting.
>>
>>47156761
Oh yeah, all the writing being done is cool. It's just slower than the easier task of popping out the flakes that got a lot more action.
>>
>>47157122
I should really start writing with my other flake. I've just been focusing on the one and poor Belagir hasn't gotten enough love.
>>
I'm the guy what wrote Rinteller from a while ago, I've still been floating around these threads, and like what I've seen.

What sort of stories would be interesting to read about a walker with nothing on him (barring the original flake sheet) so far?
>>
>>47158415
I dunno, who would you want to write about?
>>
>>47159967
Mostly self-aggrandizing stuff. His spark got a little bit of criticism for not being a stressful enough situation, was thinking about doing something about that.

There's also some material about an urban-soldier type learning from a distance how to survive like the elves that are hunting him.
>>
Will this thread live to morning?
>>
>>47160948
Maybe? I'm currently writing up my next one-shot, so there will at least be that.
>>
I am currently hitting a writer's block in Anna's story.
>>
If Granny Swamp-Anon is around, I finally finished that story I asked you about. I would like you to okay it, just in case my interpretation of Granny Swamp is a complete misfire.

Other anons also welcome to read and give feedback.

Submitted for the approval, of the Snowflake Society, I call this story (ironically):

The Bear and The Maiden Fair
http://pastebin.com/51fqQnen

Related Flake Sheets:
Torbern Iceclaw:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxdkNwa3JjTExDeFE&usp=drive_web&tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
Grandma Swamp:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxWGt6M0JaWmEzZ0U&usp=drive_web&tid=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
>>47151996
DIOMEDES, because it would mean a decent fight.

>>47155251
Life Support
>>
File: Cala.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Cala.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
Another story, this time for a flake that seems to be a little more popular:

>Cala, Mischief Seeker

The musty smell of old tomes and parchment were among her favorites. Along with smoke and charcoal, anyway.

It hadn't been this way for long, but even though she could remember those earlier moments clearly, she could hardly be bothered to remember them. Why should she dwell so much on that past when she could find her own way?

Back to the books would be a pointless statement. These thoughts didn't even occur to her, because she was too absorbed in her readings to depart for such trivialities. Those unnatural amber eyes poured over the words, symbols, and diagrams with ravishing hunger. Cala was enthralled with this activity entirely, a look of amusement and wonder on her face the entire time.

The half-devil girl couldn't even be bothered to take notice of her companions. Around her on the shelves nearby, a trio of tiny, flame-haired devils rifled through the library's belongings. She was often surrounded by such creatures, and while they often played off of each others' mischievous spirits, they generally tried not to disrupt her when she was being studious. Currently, one of them was reading over her shoulder, as another was pretending to inspect something that she had already discarded (so as to not look at the small fire that it had accidentally created). The third one was keeping lookout for the others from atop a nearby globe, its eyes on the doors to the library.

"But then..." she shuffled the current tome aside for a scroll, leading her own eyes for a specific place using a finger. She was onto something, now.
"Oh, but..." she flicked the edge of the scroll, letting it roll away from her as she grabbed a large, unopened book and rifled through its pages to a seemingly random destination,
"Which means..."

She almost didn't take notice when behind her, the devil keeping watch let out a loud, fiery belch.
>>
File: Dance with Devils.png (130 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Dance with Devils.png
130 KB, 223x311
>>47162147
Cala looked back over her shoulder and saw a door opening. A man in scholarly robes, likely a library aide, came in books piled high in his arms and was muttering about something about his work load getting in the way of his own studies. After setting his materials down on a nearby desk, he stopped and smelled the air.
"What is that? Is that... smoke?" This last word was said with a sense of alarm and he finally took in the rest of the room, noticing the strange intruder and her un-book-friendly friends. By this point, the embers had started into something a bit more serious.

"What?" the girl said as though she didn't know what was wrong. Then she realized the presence of the fire.
"Oh." She looked at her companions, who quickly pointed at each other in blame.
"Sorry about that?" she tried.

But it was too late. There was a strange, monstrous girl and a bunch of... imps? Setting fire to the college's library. Within a moments, he'd cast a spell that set off an alarm.

"I think that's our cue to go," Cala said, already on her feet and heading for the nearest window. From below in the courtyard, one might have been rather surprised to see what appeared to be a young woman and three little, red devils having flung themselves out through a stained glass window.

She landed gracefully, though the same could not quite be said of her companions, and hit the ground running. She was on the far side of the college. Her eyes flashed with images of the way that she had taken in and she planned her escape route.

Cala ran, pushed, and dove through the random gatherings of students in the courtyard, quickly making her way through as the devils lingered a bit longer to grab onto people and throw their things about. Before long, however, she was being pursued.
>>
File: Muddle the Mixture.jpg (34 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Muddle the Mixture.jpg
34 KB, 223x310
>>47162158
As she entered a nearby hallway, those curious eyes were darting. She was constantly looking ahead or around her. It was taking every fiber of her being to not let herself be distracted by all of the people discussing academia, examining artifacts, and practicing cantrips. Noticing that many of the nearby classrooms were laboratories, she slowed down and said a few cursing words before taking off again. There was a commotion in the room as a mixture began to fizzle. In her wake was a loud bang and an outpouring of smoke that covered her trail.

She giggled to herself as she made for the home stretch but stumbled to a halt before the statue that was centerpiece in the entry hall. The large, stone figure of the school's founder was stepping off of its pedestal, a nearby professor's incantations awakening it. The stone body gave way, revealing machinations and all manner of weapons from within. Cala could do nothing but stare as it was now poised to deny her exit.
>>
File: Inside Out.jpg (31 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Inside Out.jpg
31 KB, 223x310
>>47162179
"Wooooow..." she said in awe. "I wonder what makes you tick..."

Pointing at the machine's center, she cast a spell. Slowly, the parts of the golem ground against each other as the inner workings began to bend and pull outwards. After several seconds of a long, dull groaning of metal and cracking of stone, the parts that operated the artifact were laid bare and the thing was disfunctional.
>>
File: Ignite Memories.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Ignite Memories.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47162195
Stupefied at first, and then outraged, the professor began a long incantation. Cala regarded him with a cocked eyebrow.

"You're thinking pretty hard. You might want to calm down," she offered. Her supposed enemy did not comply, but slowed down when he realized that his head was, in fact, smoking. The ensuing panic gave her a chance to rush past, but before chase could be given, a trio of chittering and cackling devils leapt onto them from behind.

Out through the gates, Cala tok a moment to catch her breath.
"School is so much fun!" she mused to herself, thinking about everything that she'd just been through. Then there was a nagging feeling.
Her eyes lit up as a new question formed in her mind. A burning curiosity that she just had to explore.

And with that, she was gone.
>>
I hate looking back and finding typos after I drop a bunch of text. But them's the brakes when you write late and then don't spellcheck.

Hope you folks liked that one.
>>
>>47161288
Grandma Swamp's creator here, this was a really fun read! I was grinning like a fool from ear to ear with granny's characterization, so you don't have to worry about missing the mark there.

Torbern's inquisitive point of view was a treat to be behind and it was really cool to read a piece that focused so much on the nature of mana and what spellcasting with it is like. The disparity between mana available made the fight interesting through means other than who wins. And I'm sure you're well aware that that ending was cute and a load of fun. Really, they both seem to have lost haha.
Also, I wanna say that you're really good at descriptions through similes. Great job at painting the swamp and the spells.
>>
>>47162338
Using those spells as sorta "prompts" to work into the story was an excellent idea.
>>
>>47162470
Thanks.

I think it worked better this time than for Remes. His "preferred spells" list is long and complicated, and doesn't really reflect what he does when he's covert, so I used cards that represented elements of the story instead.

This time, it not only helped bring life to what was on the sheet, but I even got to play up the original portrait image to set the initial scene.
>>
>>47151996
Ka'koarm himself wouldn't, he prefers to generate his own as much as possible, but if someone had a passionate enough reason to, you can bet Ka'koarm would help them pursue the tools required to do so.
>>
>>47162996
>>47151996
misread what you said. Yeah, if the person in question truly wanted it enough, and had valid reason why (love is always a valid reason) Ka'koarm might give aid
>>
Stats.

W: 4
U: 5
B: 8
R: 4
G: 3

UW: 3
BW: 5
UB: 5
UR: 6
RB: 7
GB: 5
RG: 2
RW: 5
GW: 6
UG: 5

WUB: 5
GWB: 2
UBR: 4
URW: 5
RBG: 1
BUG: 4
RGW: 2
RWB: 1
UGW: 1
RUG: 4
WUBR: 1
WURG: 1
Five: 2
Colorless: 3

------------------------------------------------------------

Innistrad: 8
Zendikar: 5
Kaladesh: 2
Dominaria: 10
Tarkir: 4
Rabiah: 4
Unknown: 16
Hispaniaria: 1
Theros: 8
Lorwyn: 2
Kamigawa: 3
Fiora: 3
Ravnica: 8
Bant: 1
Serra's Realm: 2
Xerex: 1
Mirrodin: 6
Asimdea: 1
Ke'da: 1
Shandalar: 3
Kartot: 1
Grixis: 1
Doma: 1
Shadowmoor: 1
Gaia: 1
Arkhos: 1
Esper: 4
Mercadia: 1
Jund: 2
Rath: 1
Mongseng: 1
Shionzha: 1
Ir: 1
Segovia: 1
Arda: 1
Ulgrotha: 1

109 Flakes Total
>>
>>47163448
2 more to go before the /real/ magic happens
>>
>>47163966
I don't get it.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>47163448
You forgot two flakes.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>47163448
>>47165624
>>
>>47165624
>>47165631
I see now. I was going off of the chart in the OP.
>>
>>47162406
Thanks for the feedback! Great to see that I didn't muck up Granny too much. I know her profile doesn't say anything about her being insane, but I figured that anyone who willingly hangs around the Cult of Rakdos pretty much has to be more than a little unhinged, haha.

But yeah, you're right about them both kind of losing. Neither of them get what they want, because of a lack of communication. They could have both gotten what they wanted, but instead they clashed. Maybe one day they'll meet again.

I'm quite glad to hear you enjoyed it. I'm gonna give it a once more over to edit any mistakes and then I'll summon the OP to place the story in the repository.
>>
Saving the thread
>>
Need some more stories.
>>
>>47171028
how many stories?
>>
>>47171716
All of them. <>__<>

ASTARTE commands it to be!

ASTARTE coming soon
>>
Does this have an IRC?
I recall the last one having such, do we use the same one?
>>
>>47173149
#mtgwaifulore
>>
>>47173668
Rizon?
>>
File: mtg - Teysa - Envoy of Ghosts.jpg (204 KB, 1280x936) Image search: [Google]
mtg - Teysa - Envoy of Ghosts.jpg
204 KB, 1280x936
What's the lowest rung among the Orzhov?
>>
>>47174631
Ghost debtors. Literally people who are enslaved to do work in the afterlife for X amount of years in exchange for a service during life. That or thrulls.
>>
>>47174718
Ah I meant amongst the living.
I'm sort of stuck; I want my walker to end up on Ravnica working for the Orzhov but I'm not sure how that happens, or what they would start off as.
>>
>>47174790
Probably as a tax collector, fusing the aesthetics of a witch-hunting inquisitor and a debt-collecting gangster.
>>
>>47174790
If they didn't actually owe anything to the guild? Probably a paper pushing lawmage.
>>
>>47174790
The Orzhov are serious about debt, and they're not afraid to have slaves/indentured servants.
>>
>>47174850
Well that's the thing; I'm not sure what sort of relationship I want them to have with the guild itself.

I know that I do have a place picked out: Vizkopa Bank.
>>
>>47174851
Still beats working for the Izzet.... Or the Dimir... Or for the Rakdos.... Or Gruul... Or Azorius....
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 2114x1600
Two new Flakes!
>>
File: image.png (3 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 2114x1600
>>47176022
>>
>>47176022
>>47176041
Tell me what all of you think of the pair.
>>
>>47174022
Yep
>>
>>47176137
No
>>
>>47176200
You love it. Don't deny it.
>>
>>47176466
No, it's terrible and pretty damn awful. Theros Gods do not work that way, in multiple ways, and they've apparently been fucking around for over a thousand years?
>>
>>47176466
Gods are constructs born of the dreams and worship of denizens of Theros. And I believe it was stated that Erebos came soon after Kruphix who was the first
And the Archons were what ruled before the current gods did
>>
>>47176667
Theros Gods work exactly like that.

You act like Planeswalkers don't fuck around for thousands of years.

>>47176676
Gods ascend to Godhood. Read about Xenagos.

Erebos was born after Heliod.

Kruphix is the eldest of the current Pantheon. Nothing says he was the first God in existence.

There is nothing stating that Archon ruled before Gods. Only that the Archons used to have their own empire.
>>
>>47176667
Also, fucking around for thousands of years isn't exactly hitting the mark when it comes to how long ago Astarte and Abraxas ignited.

Do you think Abraxas amassed an army in only a day? A week? A year? Give me a break. Go do your homework and go to bed.
>>
File: 20160509_174807.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160509_174807.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Otp confirmed
>>
>>47176918
>>47176857
What method of Getting Around Being Mortal has Abraxas done, then?
And Xenagos ascending to godhood is a unique thing - the other gods were indeed born of the dreams and worship of Therosians.
>>
>>47176137
You can't planeswalk out of the underworld. At all. That includes planeswalking due to spark ignition.
>>
What's the cancer killing canon Magic lore and why is it /u/boating bullshit?
>>
>>47177112
It's not? One pair of flavor-text only Evil Thing Hunters is not 'the cancer killing canon Magic lore'
Instead it's Creative having really fucking dumb decisions for overall plotlines.
>>
>>47177049
Abraxas isn't a God. He's just a planeswalker. What are you even taking about? Are you talking about how long it took him to amass an army? Who knows? Probably around a decade or so. Does it matter?

Where does it say any of them were born from anything? The Gods ascend to Godhood by the beliefs of mortals. It's a certain amount of mortals believing a being is a God and worshipping them that ascends them.
>>
>>47177153
>One pair of flavor-text only Evil Thing Hunters
Looks like someone hasn't paid attention to Chandra and Nissa in a while.

Also, hunter lesbians will get a card in EMN and you know it.
>>
>>47177108
First of all, so says what source?

Second off, I never stated that they did or didn't actually leave the Underworld prior to Erebos intervening.
>>
>>47177176
They are created by the belief of mortals. Xenagos ascended through vague to unknown means that involved a huge revelry.
>>
>>47177176
It's been at least sixty years since the Mending. Planeswalkers are mortal and aging. Gods aren't gods outside Theros, and so Astarte cannot just say 'no doesn't age'.
What method of not being an old fart has Abraxas undertaken?
>>
>>47177205
Gideon died from a puddle.
>>
>>47177245
A lot of current Planeswalkers don't age. Get out of here.
>>
>>47177250
Puddles are serious business yo
>>
>>47177264
They're all either races that don't age anyway (Sorin, Karn etc.) or attained immortality via other means (Liliana).
>>
>>47177279
Nahiri
>>
>>47177286
You can't kill pure evil.
>>
>>47177298
Venser
>>
>>47176041
>>47176022
>They share colors and ignited at the same time on the same plane and I swear the lore is cool and not leaning too hard on the established canon.

Yeah, no.
>>
>>47177286
Was stuck in the Helvault since before the Mending.
>>47177345
Knew people who had slow time water, which DOES decelerate aging.
Most of the rest of the walkers do age normally, and the fact that they DO age now was kind of a big deal for both Liliana and Bolas - the former made multiple demon deals so she wouldn't be an old hag, the latter fucked around with an entire plane so he'd stop going senile.
>>
>>47177382
It's pre-established canon timeline of Theros. So, it's not really leaning on anything.
>>
>>47177412
> slow time water
Get outta here.
>>
>>47177499
She managed to rig a means to collect water from a pool that had been affected by the temporal rifts. Drinking that water slowed the aging process to a near-absolute stand still, causing her appearance to age days over the course of centuries.
>>
>>47177419
Rule of thumb is that you try to include as few canon elements as you can, so as to reduce the likelihood that you'll be broken later. There are a lot of big-name characters in the backstory, which means that if anything changes, such as anything saying that the gods have been around for longer (like forever), then we have a collapse.

It's also generally considered to be poorer-quality writing when you make yourself so self-important by relation to canon characters, but I guess that this is a snowflake thread after all.
>>
>>47177638
As someone who sought to make a good non breaking flake, I take ovens to that.
>>
>>47177657
>Ovens
I'm sure you do, sweetie. Now please fix your auto-correct.
>>
>>47177638
1) I've made well over a dozen flakes already. And a God turned walker seemed like an interesting take.

2) there are two big name characters. Not a lot.

3) There is no timeline stating when any of this takes place. So, nothing will really tamper with the backstory.

4) The character really isn't important to the canon characters at present. More like, they just have a history together.

5) It's just flakes, like you said. Not really anything to get bent out of shape over.
>>
>>47177707
That is a lot of flakes.
>>
>>47177707
Can we not have people making dozens of flakes
please?
>>
>>47177745
>>47177741
I don't see anyone else making any. And I bet you can't name five flakes and have even two of them be mine. (Astarte & Abraxas don't count) I've been pretty diverse.
>>
>>47177707
It's already been stated that Erebos came after Heliod, so yes, you've already tampered with things for this.
And 'it's just flakes' is what gets us eldrazi digimon viashino biomancer-artificers who are best bros with Urabrask and are totally green (because green wants to make everything ignore the rules of nature and hates the status quo) and becomes a super robot villain
>>
>>47177770
That doesn't mean you have to make dozens of them.
>>
>>47177785
Source on Heliod being born after Erebos?
>>
>>47177786
Yes it does. We require more flake. And when no one makes one, I do.
>>
>>47177878
No we don't.
>>
>>47177770
Just for fucks
Unit IV
Del
Mihails
Makayel
Kaina
>>
File: FUUUUUUCK FIRE ASS.png (734 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
FUUUUUUCK FIRE ASS.png
734 KB, 750x450
>>47177205
>Chandra and Nissa
Dear god, when?
>>
>>47177227
>First of all, so says what source?
Wizards of the coast.
>>
>>47177286
Nahiri was sealed in the Helvault. She was in stasis. I.e., preserved.

>>47177264
Yeah, ones whose base race didn't age already (dragon, construct, vampire, etc). The one human oldwalker we still stay current with is Lili, and she aged until she was old and wrinkled post-mending. Then she made a demon pact to regain and maintain her youth.

How did your humans maintain their youth?
>>
>>47177707
>I've made well over a dozen flakes already.
Please stop making flakes. We have too many already. I've made too. Stop hogging all of the fucking room. Instead of spamming out new flakes, just write stories for your existing ones.
>>
>>47177770
Not that anon, but I'll bite.
And just to make it harder, I'll find 'em all.

Ambrosia
Ashryn
Desdemona
Dr Vontrask
Emile
Emir
Gwendolyn
Kirelath
Kixdle
Rakkan
Sepheren
Sim
Lord Aeon
>>
>>47177878
We really don't. Quantity does not equal quality. I'd prefer more writing for flakes, not more flakes.
>>
>>47177866
Like I said, other way around. Erebos came after Heliod.
It's in the Planeswalker's Guide to Theros, very first part of it even
>>
File: Disperse.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Disperse.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
Post your flavor gems
>>
>>47177878
Holy shit you're a fag.
>>
>>47177878
Are you kidding? Other people have made multiple flakes. Making flakes for the sake of making flakes takes away that special little touch that makes them special, little snowflakes.

I've got four. I like all of them. They also fit into spots that weren't being filled yet (except for one). If I get inspired to make more, then I will, but I'm not just going to keep filling the list up because I can. That's just madness.
>>
>>47179173
Does it have a specific madness cost?
>>
File: Jakrol Kejem.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Jakrol Kejem.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
Normally, this would be the night when I write a story about this guy in my series helping my characters jump off of their sheets. But, uh... I don't think I want to for this one. Whatever madness he has and sinister business he gets up to these days, I will leave to your own imaginations.
>>
>>47179606
I just can't get past the edge of it.
What conflicts would he even have, what is his character beyond 'lol torture'
>>
>>47179635
It's really easy these days to just go "ow, the edge," but he wasn't written that way with the intention of making a "badass, "lolrandom," "killeverything," character. I don't like to think that he's badass at all, but he's definitely going to rain on your parade if you ever have the misfortune of running into him in the multiverse. Whatever he is, he's cruel, cold, and likes watching you suffer because his head's not on straight and hasn't been for who knows how long. Played straight, this guy is just bad news waiting to happen; a villain no purpose other than to be a horrible person.
>>
>>47179766
yeah, but that's not interesting to write about, at least not for an extended period of time. I could write about a character with the personality of 'who knows why he does it, he probably just gets his jollies that way.' but it won't be good unless you are following his path of destruction and then he's just a force of nature or plot device that you can stab in the end.
And honestly, the worst characters I've seen come from "Well we needed villainous characters, so I decided to make some."
>>
>>47179606
Hi tibalt
>>
>>47179905
Given how Tibalt's duel deck panned out, the color identity is actually more appropriate. Also a slight change in theme?

>>47179863
I didn't necessarily make him so he would be "interesting to write about." I wrote him because there weren't any RB walkers on the list at the time like him.

Also, I like writing both villains and morally gray characters. They're more interesting to me because when you examine them under a microscope you often either get something complex or you get something that's both simple and unreal. In this case, Jakrol is the second one. He's not hard to understand, he's just bad. But that's weird to just say "he's bad because he is," right? We like to be able to attach reason to things, even when those things are unreasonable. He's more flat, but that draws out what little is there even more.
>>
>>47180149
But no one will write about him because he's not interesting and he wasn't created organically but because "Oh, we need some characters in this theme" no we don't, or if we do let them come on their own instead of cookie cutter I like to torture people dude. Now this is different strokes for different folks, but I don't find him interesting at all, there's not even enough to make jokes about him other than some variant on "Shadow the Edge Hog" because there's no character there.
>>
>>47180214
There you go again using that word. "Edge." You even went right for the fucking hedgehog this time. Shadow the Hedgehog himself is not actually an entirely horrible character at initial glance. He's upset with the world for a perfectly good reason, he's arrogant in a way that makes him an appropriate mirror for Sonic, and he even comes around later and takes responsibility for the chain of events that he caused. But goddamn did the game that they gave him after the fact with his name on it make him much worse. I don't know what the hell Sega was thinking by having him wield guns and literally throw energy-fueled rage-fits.

As for my creative process, it's called a check. I make my flakes by browsing my art folders and being like "I wonder what kind of person that could be." "He looks pretty obviously B/R, maybe I could make something kinda like Tibalt, if Tibalt actually fit correctly into those colors. Do we have anything like that right now? No? I'll try my hand at it, then."

And are you going to honestly sit there and tell me that it doesn't take all kinds, and that there aren't all kinds? Obviously there are all different kinds of characters out there, so what's wrong with having someone who exists for no reason other than to antagonize others because they're crazy? He may not be deep enough to warrant much exploration, but there's no questioning what he is and what kinds of things he could get up to if you find him. As soon as you've read it you've probably imagined something that you can use. By the by, the joke sheet entry for him doesn't have anything to do with that flappin' hedgehog, just the suggestion that he's generic. Which is fine by me, because that somehow actually sets him apart from some of his peers on the list.
>>
File: grapeshot.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
grapeshot.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>47180370
Yes, I imagined things I could do with him, then I imagined how I could do those things with other flakes and better with those flakes.
Anyway, that picture seems more mono-red than Red/Black
>>
>>47180424
that card, I must say
is pretty
>shades
grape
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
>>
>>47176041
>>47176022
You are trying to be another, more "serious" DIOMEDES.
But seriously failing at DIOMEDEING.
>>
>>47177986
lol, not a single one.

Have fun with that.
>>
>>47181276
Exactly what I thought too.
>>47177878
Is the most cancerous thing I have read in these threads, and these threads are about making special snowflakes.
>>
>>47178024
Nice try.

>>47178055
It should be kind of obvious in the cards chosen. Astarte is a God, and she can cast Gift of Immortality.

>>47178075
I do that also, but if a day goes by and no one posts a new flake, I'll go ahead and make one.

>>47178082
> name five
> names thirteen
Yeah, you got a couple. I'm proud of you. Now, which ones are they?

>>47178265
So, then my story holds up.

>>47179029
You must be new here. This is 4chan. Everyone here is a faggot.

>>47181276
Why, because they are Spartan-esque characters? And actually, I made them after my love of Frank Miller's 300.
>>
>>47181767
>which ones are they

Nice attempt at damage control, Lord Aeon-san.

Face it, you're predictable and formulaic. I know for a fact that I got over half of them right, and that's just accounting for me believing that I am just a person and could have gotten one or two wrong. The fact that I had about a 10% chance at getting even one right should paint a picture that your flakes are almost painfully easy to spot.

Unless you seriously expect us to believe that there is more than one person in these threads that share your taste in Paizo artwork and tired cliches, stop making new flakes until the next snowstorm.

If that's IS the case, however, then you both need to stop making flakes.
>>
Alright peeps. We all come here because each of us love MtG. So, quit giving anons in the MtG community a hard time.

None of you are better than another anon. We are all faggots here posting on an anime-based imageboard. So, don't act superior, sperglords.

As long as we don't get another Digimon Eldrazi, then anything else is good with me.
>>
>>47182034
Nope, I'll give you a hint. Kixdle is one.
>>
>>47182034
> had a 10% chance of getting one
> after guessing 13 times
> means they are painfully easy
Is this level of autism even scalable?
>>
>>47182034
I don't think Aeon-kun's character art is Paizo.
>>
how about everyone quit their bitchin and get to makin flakes or writefaggin?
>>
>>47182189
No, stop fucking making more flakes for no reason to"just to fill a slot".
>>
>>47182215
Didn't I just say to stop giving anons a hard time?

How autistic are you? Seriously?

If she wants to make flakes, she can. There is nothing against it. Just because you only made four doesn't mean everyone should. Shit, I'm pretty sure Vronak-chan has at least five. And two of them are what was guessed before in those 13 guesses.

I personally welcome more flakes, regardless if they are from the same anon. I like good reads and seeing different character designs.
>>
>>47182215
Also, leave Kixdle-chan alone.
>>
>>47182269
Waifufag go to hell.
>>47182244
Fine then, continuie your hugbox circlejerk over "the freedom of making more shitty flakes". Its not like the are already so many of them you could make LOTR length epic by using all of them in a single story. But sure, lets just make more. More more more boring and samey flakes. Lets even steal gimmicks from flakes that were already done in this storm WE JUST NEED TO HAVE MORE OF THEM NO MATTER THE COST. Fuck you.
>>
>>47182305
I feel like you're the guy that made that flake killing goblin.
>>
>>47182305
Let me get this straight, so if ANYONE makes a character fitting the theme of Theros, then they are automatically making a Diomedes clone?

Hmm. You're trying way too hard to be a sourpuss.
>>
>>47182305
>LOTR length epic
>Tolkien fag starts drooling
>>
>>47182370
I support this.

Who's going to be the main baddie?
>>
>>47182396
Wasn't that Eldrazi time flake the bbeg for a larger flake story awhile ago? I thought that story was going to turn into a team of flakes versus another team if flakes. What happened to that?
>>
>>47142718
It's been awhile. Let's do this again.

>favorite flakes

>least favorite flakes

>most tumblr flakes

>most reddit flakes

>most off-color flakes

>most powerful flakes

>most well-written flakes

>least well-written flakes

>most lore-violating flakes
>>
>>47182411
No idea. How about we all vote on who should be on the evil team of five flakes and who is their leader.

And vote on who should be on a team of seven flakes and who should be their Captain America.

When we get a consistent group, then I'll be willing to type up a long epic.m for them.
>>
>>47182444
There is a reason it's been a long time. It's a bad idea that flake-killer likes to use to upset peeps.
>>
>>47182073
what if we like digimon eldrazi?
>>
>>47182550
Then there is a dark place special just for you in hell.
>>
>>47182607
good, yes
>>
>>47182448
Both teams fight against Messenger.
>>
>>47182645
But the Messenger is too cute to be evil.
>>
>>47183270
>he didnt see the skynet Messenger planeswalker card

Fucker is like a force of nature
>>
>>47183292
But he's so adorable!
>>
>>47182448
What about the Cock?
>>
>>47183356
Thats what he wants you to think before he shoves a battlesphere up your ass
>>
>>47183438
A creature that cute can shove a battlesphere up my ass any day.
>>
File: Jakrol, Pain Savant.png (235 KB, 375x524) Image search: [Google]
Jakrol, Pain Savant.png
235 KB, 375x524
>>47180424
When I tried to draft up a card, that crazy red thing became the emblem. Please note, my card design skills are pretty hit and miss and I haven't bothered to revise this after the first time that I got feedback.
>>
>>47182244
What if they are not different or interesting?
>>
>>47183915
But every flake is different and interesting dont be a shitlord :((( Just make more even if they steal from others.
>>
>>47184042
I'll put it this way.
When I started doing this, we were doing it to represent the decks we played and simply hole filling feels like it's completely missing the point of snowflakes.
>>
All right, Granny-anon. Hopefully I managed to get all the spelling/grammar/syntax mistakes for the final version. It's going up in the repository.

OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. ADD THIS FILE TO THE REPOSITORY.

http://pastebin.com/hJrK2qrU

Featuring Torbern Iceclaw and Granny Swamp

>>47162147
>>47162158
>>47162179
>>47162195
>>47162208
...Well. I didn't expect to be inspired so soon. I quite enjoyed that.

Cala-anon. Might I borrow the impish bookworm for shenanigans with an old codgery werebear?
>>
>>47183391
Oh, we all know that you love the cock.
>>
>>47184818
We were all doing this until people bashed on that reanimator deck flake.
>>
>>47185287
One is a grizzled detective
One is a loose cannon rookie
They solve the crimes no one else can
They are: Rock and Cock.
>>
>>47185305
Wasn't it mostly because he insisted that summoning from the ground was superior and starting shit storms about how summoning worked?
>>
>>47185353
I don't know about anything being said about being superior to another form of summoning. From what I gathered, he was trying to argue about hope his summons work apart from basic necromancers. But, shitstorms occurred.
>>
>>47185204
Do it. By all means, use any of my flakes for whatever you want.
>>
>>47185353
Also his insistence that he had been in contact with a huge number of historical figures, because ANY reanimator would obviously have done so
>>
>>47185414
This is also a blatant lie.

I am most certain that the whole "can summons legends" crap was from thorough observation of said creatures.
>>
>>47185896
I didn't pay attention to the whole thing, but there was also when he said he couldn't be beaten by a containment priest.
>>
>>47185896
He'd need to be near enough to be able to observe them. That's what I meant by in contact - in the same plane and geographical region of that plane at the right time in order to be able to do said thorough observations.
And considering how most of them were at the forefront of major disasters or would hunt his ass down if he was noticed, being able to do so would be rather against the whole 'he's just trying to be a loner survivalist' thing
>>
>>47185992
I would agree with this. Containment Priest is a basic weak creature. His is a planeswalker. I'm sure he'd have spells to deal with it. He's black after all.
>>
>>47186100
It still stops his reanimation until dealt with.
If you're playing things exactly as they are in the game, you're not allowed to simply go 'but I can just ignore the game in THIS instance'
>>
>>47186086
Humans do that shit all time. We observe shit without disrupting the course of nature literally every single day.

And didn't he point out that it was like scientific research of animals in their natural habitats? Why wouldn't that work?
>>
>>47186123
Again, black. He doesn't have to ignore anything. Black has numerous creature hate.
>>
>>47186137
It's the 'being in the right place at the right time to have encountered this laundry list of legendaries' thing, not the observation part I was talking about.
He happened to be in Otaria during the time everything was fucking up, happened to go to New Phyrexia sometime after it conquered the Mirrans (which is REALLY BAD for anyone in general), was close enough to Avacyn to study and NOT have her go a purging on his ass, while also studying Grisslebrand, etc.
>>
>>47185896
Being able to summon a Legendary Creature means that you are not just summoning a vague facsimile of the thing from aether, but that you are making it very specific. That requires you to be quite familiar with the thing that you're trying to pull.

If you've seen what a goblin is like, summoning a goblin is easy. If you want to summon Ib Halfheart, Goblin Tactician, you need to have spent some time gaining an understanding firsthand at what he's like so that you can mentally separate out those physical and mental differences and try to duplicate them.

I didn't read the description of the character, this is just an explanation for how that works.

>>47185992
>>47186100
>>47186123
>>47186147
Look at you two dancing around a point. The thing to take away from this is "Yeah, he can kill a Containment Priest, but if there's one on-site and he's trying to reanimate, the reanimation is going to fizzle."
Because planeswalkers may be powerful mages, but that doesn't just let them step all over reality's rules (at least not as much as they used to be able to.)

>>47186193
This is a pretty important point to make. Given that planeswalkers can and do get their shit wrecked every now and again, there are some things that have to be taken into account regarding existing opportunities and the sheer risk.
>>
>>47186229
And yet, he claimed that he could just reanimate otherwise, because a priest was no big deal.
>>
>>47186193
So, let's try and map this all out. And what facts am I missing here?

He's from Dominaria.
He's an oldwalker.
He's a skilled necromancer.
He's travelled various planes after the mending.

Right?

Does anyone have his sheet?

I know there were mostly creatures as his spells.

The ones I remember were Akroma, Avacyn, Griselbrand, Jin Gitaxias, Platinum Angel, and I want to say Terastodon. But, I'm not for sure.

Now, let's put the probability of encountering these creatures in place.

So, he has a high probability of encountering Akroma. Everyone on the plane heard of the wars she waged against Phage, her brother, and the Cabal. So, that's likely he could have studied.

Avacyn and Griselbrand are both high probabilities of studying, because they have been around four over a thousand years prior to being trapped in the Helvault.

I don't know about Jin Gitaxias, I don't know how he works with the war. If he joins his minions in battle for converting others, then it'd be a high probability. If not, and he just lays back and only does his experiments, then it'd be a low probability.

Neither Platinum Angels nor Terastodons are legendary, so it's a high probability that they could be found and studied.

Anything I'm missing?
>>
>>47186412
He's not a necromancer. He's a reanimantor, which is apparently something completely different
>>
>>47186347
Vronak-chan here. And no I didn't. What is all this crap about me saying things I never said? The containment priest ordeal was about a planeswalker vs planeswalker point. And I said that Veonak is capable of summoning any creature in his spellbook first turn. While Containment Priest would not be an issue until turn 2 at minimum. And the fact was that the planeswalker Vronak was going against cannot summon a Containment Priest. And Vronak has creature and spell hate in his library.
>>
>>47186412
Akroma was around on Dominaria for a very short period of time - knowing about her after the fact wouldn't help with being able to summon her, and he specifically is summoning the version before she fights Phage for the first time (which cuts down the amount of time it's possible to encounter her even more drastically)
>>
>>47186412
Terastodon is in the deck, but the sixth creature was Gisela. And Jin Giraxias is out on the battlefield at times, just usually behind his ranks.

>>47186450
Don't be dumb. Vronak is a necromancer. And he is known as the Reanimator because he can bring the dead back to life fully. Just as they once were in their life. But, only limited to non-walkers obviously. I'd also extend this to the Gods. As I don't see any reason any walker could just summon a God.
>>
>>47186485
No she wasn't. She was around for a quite a while.
>>
>>47186485
Vronak-chan again. Akroma lead multiple battles. Had an army follow her into battle. And basically got her own faith to worship her. Her stories are six books long. And you think she was around for only a short while?
>>
>>47186563
Akroma's story is TWO books long. Not six. She came into existence a good chunk of the way into Onslaught and was dead at the end of Legions. Just because the Otaria plot was six books long doesn't mean Akroma was present for all of it.
>>
>>47186663
Go read the books.
>>
>>47186713
What are the six books that Akroma is in?
>>
>>47186777
So, you haven't read the books?

Read the books. Most of them are good. A couple not so much.
>>
>>47186917
You could just say to him what those books are instead of just pussying around. Now it just seems you are baiting.
>>
>>47186917
Can I have the names?
>>
>>47186917
Apparently not, since I was completely unaware that there were four more books taking place in between Onslaught and Legions. Which books are they?
>>
>>47187007
There are none between Onslaught and Legions. Now, go read the other books.
>>
>>47187165
So you are just baiting. Alright. But what could be expected from the retarded reanimator/cromat poster.
>>
>>47187165
Which ones are they?
Are they Vronak's journal?
>>
>>47187165
What other books have Akroma in them? Please name them.
>>
>>47187253
>>47187197
You haven't read the books at all. You're just citing salvation for your info and you have no idea of any regards to the timeline of Akroma's involvement. This is why I'm telling you to read all six books.

So, until you read the books, then I'm not going to argue with you. Because you know nothing beyond cliff notes.
>>
>>47187316
Then tell me which six books I should read.
>>
>>47187316
This logic of yours is not really working in your favor. You could just say the names of the books and thus further your argument. Instead you spend hours covering your tracks of shit.
>>
>>47187349
Onslaught, Legions, Scourge, Time Spiral, Planar Chaos, Future Sight

Don't argue. Just read them.
>>
>>47185353
That was actually mostly false flagging by someone who really hated Vronak.
Vronak was still stupid and bad as five color but it wasn't the actual creator who was jerking off about "summoning from the ground."
>>
>>47187468
She was dead before Scourge started. KARONA was in Scourge, not Akroma. And I was unaware that she was actually IN any of the Time Spiral books - what did she do there?
>>
>>47187693
Again. Stop arguing about shit you haven't read. And go read them.
>>
>>47187761
I did read Onslaught/Legions/Scourge.
Legions ended with Akroma, Phage, and that woman with a donkey all getting fucking decapitated and thus creating Karona (and, iirc, they misspelled it Karoma in the Legions book).
Akroma was fucking dead. And Scourge was about Karona.
And I do not feel like hunting down the Time Spiral books to read the entire series to find whatever minor references there are to Akroma in there, thus why I am ASKING what she did in there. Other than appear as cards because she was popular, which does not mean she actually appeared in the story.
>>
So if anons are willing to go full salt elemental on planeswalkers knowing how to summon canonical legendaries, then can we also have snowflake legendaries?

We have flakes from noncanon worlds, it seems like those worlds would have their own legends to speak of.
>>
>>47187862
Has nothing to do with her time shifted card or her planar chaos card.

Just go read them.
>>
>>47187882
I would say so. But, remember that WotC has made planes that we haven't visited in sets yet when they made the Planechase decks.
>>
>>47187882
>>47187930
Also, flakes were at once legendary creatures. So, technically you are already creating them. But, I'd be glad to see some flake-legends created.
>>
>>47187910
How about you read them, and post the relevant parts?
>>
>>47188047
He wont. Because he is lying.

Even if you read the books and sited the lack of things, he would just claim you didnt read them.
>>
>>47188068
I know, because he keeps telling me I haven't read the Onslaught trilogy (shitty as it is) and that I should read it.
Because anyone wants to subject themselves to that again.
>>
>>47188068
>>47188170
Just read the damn books.

Also, Inkmow you haven't read the Onslaught books. Because you claimed that Akroma faught Phage and lost her legs directly after she was created.
>>
>>47187468
... But anon, Akroma isn't in Time Spiral nor Planar Chaos, and Jeska is in Future Sight. Only because they made card for her as part of the timeshifting/alternative dimension flavor, it doesn't mean she is alive during the story of those books.
>>
>>47188714
Stop talking about books you haven't read and just read the books.
>>
>>47188897
... ok, ok. Your bait is powerful indeed. If anything I guess now everyone has had confirmation that Akroma isn't in the Time Spiral trilogy. Radha, Vanser, Leshrac (in sneaky camouflage), Jeska, Windgrace, Teferi, Jhoira, Bolas, even Jodha is. Akroma? Nope.
>>
>>47188970
Read the books.
>>
>>47188970
> Vanser
>>
>>47189052
>Typos
>>
>>47189031
You read the books. Because you aren't reading the ones Wizards put out.
>>
>>47188970
Confirmation my ass. You haven't read the books or you wouldn't be arguing.
>>
>>47189119
Then say what she does.
Saying 'read the books' tells us nothing.
Explain what Akroma does in the books.
Prove that she was, indeed, in the books, because the burden of proof lies on you, the one claiming she was in time spiral block.
>>
>>47189084
Ignore the shitposter, post content, anon.
>>47189119
I am not going to open them and quote what happens in the chapter where Radha, Venser, and the githu warriors end up in Madara and the male warrior attacks Bolas with, funnily enough, a bola. Or at which page does Radha kill the gathan chief with her twin swords she got from the tomb of her grandfather.
Or when does Leshrac erase the hunter mark from Venser after Windgrace got pissed at the poor soon-to-be 'walker, of how many walkers sacrifice themselves to seal the rifts. Though I will call you the shitposter this thread doesn't need, because even if you were the only one who knew the truth, you wold explain if you had some manners.
>>
>>47189158
> prove
> claims confirmation that something doesn't exist
> demands to be told what happens because doesn't know
I'm not replying anymore kid. Just go read the damn books.
>>
>>47189202
> someone read mtgsalvation
>>
>>47187954
Every creature ever is a "legendary creature." Being printed that way just weeds through the nobodies to get to the ones that might actually be interesting or useful. The difference when you summon is whether you're saying "I'm going to summon one of these" or "I'm going to summon THIS one." Then a facsimile of that comes from the aether. If you intended to, you could summon your best friend from down the street as himself and that would be a "legendary creature" because you put in the effort to make him like the person he was instead of just "I need a human."
>>
>>47189203
Give any argument other than 'read the books'
>>
>>47189216
So wait, is this how it canonically works? You make a copy of something when you summon it?
>>
>>47189216
I never claimed this wasn't the case. And I already knew this.
>>
>>47189248
It can be. You either summon the real creature or you summon a copy. Your choice.
>>
>>47189248
Yeah. You never bring the person to you, you make a copy - a legendary is someone you know well enough to get it very close to how the real person acts.
>>
>>47189224
I'm not arguing. I'm simply telling you to read the books.
>>
>>47189248
Ignore the shitposting, anon. Be calm, be zen. Make it so that your card type reads Human Monk.
>>47189277
What about the "newwalkers can't get stuff from one plane to another" thing, though?
>>47189288
>>47189277
You guys need to find a common point.
>>
>>47189298
A member of the creative team, while answering questions as a representative of the creative team, specifically stated that no, you cannot pull someone from another world to you.
>>
>>47189288
You can summon the real person to you.

You don't have to personally know a legendary creature to summon them. Just have witnessed them. I don't knowwhere people get that you have to make a bond or study them. There is no source of either of those.
>>
>>47189321
You are a goddamn idiot, vronak.
>>
>>47189298
Kiora has summoned creatures to Theros that were native to other planes to fight for her.

And she took Thassa's Bident to Zendikar.
>>
>>47189319
How does Kiora take krakens from one plane to another, though?
>>47189332
Let's try to contain the shiposting, again.
>but he says -thing- and I don't agree
Still posting only to insult is shitposting and we are having too much lately.
>>
>>47189298
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/post/88125914109/how-do-planeswalkers-manage-to-bring-itemspeople
>>
>>47189319
And yet, Kiora did.

And you are twisting what he said. Someone asked how summoning works. He said that they make a copy.

That doesn't mean the other isn't true also. He never said 'no that way doesn't work'.
>>
>>47189363
>>47189381
By creating copies of them, not by bringing the actual kraken there.
She may well think it's the actual creature, even. Because characters are allowed to be wrong.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.