[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Not Another General Image.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Not Another General Image.png
1 MB, 1024x768
Two Doctors Walk Into A Wargame Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
File: ghnbv.jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ghnbv.jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
Serious question. The two armies I play are CSM and IG. Do you guys think I'll see them get an updated codex before 8th edition or Age of the Emperor or whatever the hell gets announced?
>>
>>47141733
Nope
>>
>>47141733
Possibly for CSM, if only because they haven't had a 7e codex yet.

I doubt it'll be good, just that they'll get one.
>>
When are Tyranids getting a 7e codex?
>>
>>47141792
Three weeks before 8e
>>
>>47141792
When our bona fide expert graces us when he's ready.
>>
File: Dominions_by_andreauderzo.jpg (166 KB, 535x542) Image search: [Google]
Dominions_by_andreauderzo.jpg
166 KB, 535x542
So /TG/ I'm stuck. I started playing Sisters during 5th before they got their WD update and since the last update to the Army I've lost the urge to play them.

I want to keep playing the game but I'm having trouble finding something that fills the void they leave on my side of the table that isn't boring ass Marines (which I get tired of seeing all the time in general). Any ideas?
>>
Is the Tesseract Vault worth having or just a massive points hog?

The fig is baller.
>>
REMINDER THAT ORKS ARE SERVANTS OF THE REAPERS!

REMINDER THAT DA AND GK ARE SERVANTS OF CHAOS!

REMINDER THAT THIS IS ALL TRUE AN ELDAR TOLD ME!
>>
>>47141845
Ask people in your play group if you can use their previous edition rules.
>>
>>47141848
Ive seen them from our bro-tier Necron player in 4000pt games not too sure. It was cool and it did some stuff.
>>
Why is 40k dying in my area. It's not even being replaced by anything, it's just like it had poisoned interest in tabletop at all in my area.
>>
Is a Tri-las predator and a jet pack captain (artificer, storm shield, burning blade) enough for anti-vehicle for 1000 pt games?
>>
>>47141873
They'd probably accommodate but I'm pretty pissed with their current rules and just can't be assed to drag around a huge ass heavy case just to play them anymore.

Plastics or nothing at this point for me with them.
>>
>>47141899
Also, faces with more cheescake and lass manchin.
>>
File: 1363983582154.jpg (549 KB, 900x692) Image search: [Google]
1363983582154.jpg
549 KB, 900x692
>>47141845
>>
File: image.jpg (455 KB, 664x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455 KB, 664x1000
>>47141870
You trusted a franking Eldar you little frank.
>>
>>47141848
It's fun, but you won't be winning games off the back of it.
>>
>>47141913
That goes without saying. Beefer looking armor with more ornate detailing would be nice too.
>>
>>47141923

You're one to Frank. Frank's using a Franking Shuri-Frank.
>>
I know it's ill-advised, but is there any Lord of War you can throw an Orkanaut at and expect it to have a decent chance of winning?
>>
>>47141967
Stormlord probably.
>>
>>47141961
Desperate franks call for desperate franks. I'm going to out frank those franks, and show that even if it is a Shuri-Frank a Frank can use it better in frank hands.
>>
Scans when for Death from the Skies? BOLS is a bitch to navigate so I won't be looking there for information
>>
Is there an absolutely GOAT 40k battle report on YT I should know about?
>>
File: Celestians_by_andreauderzo.jpg (234 KB, 538x739) Image search: [Google]
Celestians_by_andreauderzo.jpg
234 KB, 538x739
I guess finding a non-Marine Army to replace my Sister's is a step too far then.

Problem is that the things kind of like them (the between Guard and Marine sort of niche) are all basically mini-dexes that lack real options and the full sized codexes don't have that distinct feel to them.

Maybe I just need to go non-Imperial or something. I don't know. At this point the fluff and model building has my attention the most but I really miss playing. I just can't seem to find anything that grabs me by the collar and demand my attention.
>>
Is there any bonus to winning a challenge?
>>
>>47142036
Is it even actually out yet?
>>
>>47141888
You sure it's 40k? It might be certain players trying to hard to win
That's what killed 4 different tabletop games that were growing in my area. Thankfully there's 20+ of us 40k peoples that don't subscribe to seal clubbing.
>>
>>47142090
I thought it came out this weekend.
>>
>>47142098
Fair enough. I haven't really been paying enough attention I guess.
>>
>>47142090
Yup, epub was posted in last thread
Course the formatting is GW levels of bad yet again
>>
>>47142116
So business as usual then.
>>
>>47142116
I must be looking over it cuz I can't spot the link. I'll check again after my phone is charged.
>>
>>47141845
Non-GK Inquisition? Those Tempestus Scions would make some pretty sexy stormtroopers. Hell, you could probably shoehorn a handful of your Sisters in as Retinue units
>>
>>47142076
Humies will all play like humies
You want somethin different, get a xeno
>>
>>47141768
Here's how it will work.

>CSM get the last 7e codex, barely bringing them to mediocre-tier
>Immediately roll out 8e and watch the power creep leave the codex far behind

Or

>CSM get first 8e codex
>Power creep ensues, all other codices keep getting better
>CSM left to wallow in mediocre-tier, if not flat out lolwhyareyouplaying-tier

Business as usual. Don't hold your breath.
>>
>>47142184
The Inq book feels like they left a lot of the real dealing of the Inq out of it. Not to mention anything halfway decent costs too many points.

>>47142189
It was wanting something non-human but wanting something different than Guard and Marines. Problem is the human armies in that category don't feel complete or well rounded in terms of options.

Xenos may be the way to go, I just don't know if that's where I want to go I guess.

I don't even know anymore. I like some models here and there but I can't seem to find anything that really makes me want to play an Army like the Exorcist did. There's just something about that tank-mounted organ that drew me into the Army I can't seem to recreate.
>>
>>47142204
Or
>CSM get new codex with shitty copy-paste rules but a 130-point 13/13/12 jetpack walker with the options to go shooty or punchy that completely destroys game balance, thus forcing a regression to the days of 6 hellturkeys
>>
>>47142253
Just another look at the other armies with those wide eyes
See what catches your eyes
I like necron because when I saw how they worked and read a bit of lore I knew I wanted to play them as one of my armies
>>
>>47142168
It's spoiler-ed
Phones have trouble with those if I recall
>>
Fishing for feedback.

Working on a "Tzeentch Daemonkin" fandex, and this is the draft of the psychic disciplines. It's not going to have a "Blood Tithe" table equivalent, just a bunch of disciplines and some new wargear to turn regular Aspiring Champions into Psykers.

I went with D3 tables instead of D6 because it allows the tables to be more focused with less overlap. Flame is for mind dakka, Fate is for buffing with a focus on shooting, Deceit is for debuffs/utility, and Change is the mutation/melee discipline. Disciplines will have the same "up to half your ML on a single table" restriction from C:CSM.

For the purposes of Psychic Focus, psykers will get to choose the primaris from any of these disciplines.
>>
>>47142253
I run Scions and Inquisition to 1000pts then bring in the Armoured Battlegroup. Deepstriking Scions to ruin vehicles/terminators/massed 3+, heavy weapon acolytes and servoskulls to help out the pile of Lemans. Its not top-tier tournament level, but i love the playstyle, and it fits my tactics, namely shoot things to shit until they become chunky salsa through application of stormtroopers and tanks.
>>
>>47142253
>Not to mention anything halfway decent costs too many points.
What is:
-five point bolter acolytes,
-psyker and 2 acolyte bodyguards for a 28 point ,one warp charge objective holder
-suicide mystic

They gel well with imperial forces in different ways, but apart from maybe two or three units in that codex they all help in a different way
>>
>>47142295
I've been burning through Gaunt's Ghosts lately but the cool stuff you read in a lot of the books doesn't make it to the table thus killing any excitement there.

Then again I'm the weird sort who thinks Tau should be a mobile harassment force like their fluff says they can be and not a static gunline so maybe my brain is just wrong.

Either way I spend a lot of time looking at models and reading stuff about the armies (FW and GW variants) but something is missing. Maybe it's youtful excitement, or maybe it's the lack of a model that really screams "this is what my army is about" to me. I don't know. I just feel frustrated and annoyed that I can't seem to settle for anything.
>>
>>47142331
Yeah, that's neat and all but personally I just want to run an Army from one book (maybe two if I use a supplement) and not dip into allies. Mostly because if the game drastically changes that system again my army doesn't get invalidated.

>>47142344
See above regarding allies.

Yes, you can field some really cheap things, but it's not viable of standing well alone and that's my problem with it.
>>
>>47142403
Okay sorry. I agree it's terrible for standing alone
>>
>>47142403
Inquisition aren't supposed to be a stand-alone army. They aren't in the fluff. For large engagements, ie 40k scale and above, they commandeer other Imperial assets.
>>
>>47142403
Imperium functions best when integrated as a whole. Bar Space Marines, of course. Look into Tau or Crons, they both work best by themselves and neither of them are Eldar
>>
>>47142403

I get where you're coming from but Inquisition really shouldn't be a large scale army.

Also for as long as inquisition has been an option there have been options for them to ally in. Even far before the dawn of actual allies. You'll be just fine using allies with Inquisition.
>>
New daemons codex!
>it's just a shitty update to tide us over

I suppose I should be thankful they didn't release a shitty new codex. How do you think modern GW would fuck it up?
>buy rewards rather than gifts so no gamblers discount
>heralds have 1 more wound but cost 20/25 more points each
>suddenly restricting what psychic power pools you can choose powers from
>>
>>47142480
And I recognize that, but since I don't want to play the allied shell game with GW I'm skipping them as an option.

>>47142503
True in the fluff to a point but it shouldn't be a requirement on the table to play something halfway decent. And in some cases (like Sisters) allies end up being you wasting points trying to prop up a shit-teir Army.
>>
File: 1453358250297.jpg (18 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1453358250297.jpg
18 KB, 291x343
>tfw GW will never make proper Inquisitorial Acolyte models
>mfw they miss the opportunity to make a kitbasher's dream box because of all the options they can take
>>
>>47142546

>>Sisters shit tier army

Sisters are actually a strong mid tier army that plays king-maker quite often.

I assume you've not played 40k very long? If you had you'd know even before allies Inquisition armies had the option to use allies.
>>
>>47142546
Sisters actually seem pretty solid, albeit lacking in a few ways like mid-range high-strength shooting. Certainly better than my tyranids, inquisition, scions or guard
>>
>>47142519

We have a GREAT book. Why the fuck are you whining?
>>
>>47142602
Where did I say the book we have is shit?
>>
>>47142648

>>Shitty update to tide us over

Shitty implying Wulfen didn't bring us some new fantastic options.

Tide us over implying we need to be tided over because we need a new book.
>>
>>47142578
I own a Sisters Army and have played them from C:WH through the modern abortion. They are an Army that is crippled by paying for Acts of Faith other armies take as special rules, useless units and one of their most characterful units has it's good AoF in the WD given to Wulfen as a beefed special rule.

Sisters are good when fighting Marines and that's it. Anything that outnumbers them can crush them through Numerical advantage due to the short range of the Army and lack of effective anti-horde tools (which an 8" flamer template by itself is not, not even an S5 AP4 one). Believe me I know that Army forwards and back and while you can get good tanks (Exorcists) out of it and a good deathstar (Jacobus, DCA, Crusaders and second Priest with Litanies for auto-hymn passing) the rest of the Army is hampered by overcosted core troops, watered down choices and a severe lack of proper love by GW. /rant

>>47142586
Solid against Marines, wrecked by any Army that outnumbers them. They just can't kill fast enough, especially when assaulted.

It's thematic but it's not exactly fun.
>>
File: cat in a box.jpg (15 KB, 256x245) Image search: [Google]
cat in a box.jpg
15 KB, 256x245
Okay so what's the deal with purity seals

What are their real life counterpart? They are clearly based on something but whenever I google I just find more 40K shit.
>>
File: Kharn_betrayer-internal.jpg (114 KB, 500x728) Image search: [Google]
Kharn_betrayer-internal.jpg
114 KB, 500x728
So I've been building up an Iron Warriors force, but after reading Betrayer I'm thinking about making any new guys World Eaters. Would it be possible fluff wise for an Iron Warriors Grand Company to work with a WE warband even if the WEs have become completely unhinged?
>>
>>47142755
it would be possible
>>
>>47142586
>Sisters
>Better than guard
Nigga, you trippin'. Guard are behind only Daemons in terms of Tier 2 power.
>>
>>47142677
It's a shitty update because it doesn't offer me all kinds of shiny new models to buy!

I got the new blood thirsters and already painted him but now a really need the great unclean one and keeper of secrets models updated so they don't look out of place.
I like the resin lord of change, it still looks really cool!
>>
>>47142762
Cool. I really feel the need to put a few chain axes through some Tau heads.
>>
>>47142763

So lets start with a few things:

Demons are a Tier 1 army. Double CAD demons are still one of the best armies you can play consistently and only got better with Wulfen.

Guard are not as good as Sisters. Sisters have good ObSec choices with a strong level of mobility and the ability to deal with most types of targets. They are a strong tier 2 army that is often a king-maker army.
>>
Is there ever a situation in which I'd want to run a Venom with a splinter rifle instead of the two splinter cannons? Wondering if it's worth magnetizing.
>>
>>47142763

>>Demons tier 2
>>Guard better than sisters

Do you even play competitive 40k.
>>
>>47142732
>wrecked by any army that outnumbers them
Balls, we have a single Sisters player and he wrecks my horde nids or guard. Flamers and Bolters are murderous against hordes, exorcists arent as good as they otherwise are but can still remove command chimerae/ground-based synapse easily
>>47142763
Guard are way behind. just above bottom is where i put them-better than nids/DE/CSM/Orks/BA and not much else
>>
>>47142812
Sisters have one ObSec choice: Battle Sisters. Which are decent but cost 1-2p too much per model.

Also their current act of faith is okay but really just doesn't cut it like it used too.

And can someone tell me why a faction known for killing psykers barely has anything for killing psykers?
>>
>>47142744
They're blessings and awards. Grey Knights like to compete with themselves to see who can come out of battle with their purity seals undamaged.
>>
>>47142813
to save points. Cannons have salvo so they can shoot accurately at times when the rifle can't.
>>
>>47142872

Acts of faith aren't what drive the army. Battle Sisters have access to a good cheap transport, double special weapons with BS 4. That's all you need to be a good ObSec choice. I get that you don't actually play competitive 40k but pretending that Sisters are a shit tier army because you're bad is no bueno.
>>
>>47142744
well the seal parts of the purity seal are the equivalent of 'sealing wax' used for letters. Other than that they seem to be quite the original little thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sealing_wax
>>
>>47142846
Everything I have played against a Army that could be considered "horde" or even a "light horde" I ran into two problems: getting into range without losing half my army and not getting crushed under bodies in close combat. Maybe it a difference in metas but where I play those have been very tall hurdles.
>>
>>47142755
Warbands of mixed allegiance is a perfectly fluffy way to run CSM. The Iron Warriors love using Khornate shock troops.
>>
>>47142813
Nope. The amount of extra firepower the Cannon lends is just too good to pass up. If you need to trim points, do it elsewhere - Venoms might as well be considered as 65 points base with two Splinter Cannons.
>>
File: Valentinesmarkings.jpg (67 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Valentinesmarkings.jpg
67 KB, 960x720
>>47142744
They're a common form of award given to space marines, almost like medals. When the space marine gets a purity seal, he is often taught a prayer to go along with it. Sometimes they are simple prayer strips, other times they have short stories written on them that detail a marine's past glories.

In most cases, think of them like we would use a Medal. Except that they wear them into battle in order to prove how holy they are, to both themselves, and others.

In this case, this Dreadnought here is given several Purity Seals. Some of which are for his own sake, and some of which detail his past glories. In the case of this model, I have elected to place four very long seals on the back of his missile launchers, which can carry stories on them of great length. Those are the tales of past glory. which he has a GREAT MANY of. But the smaller ones are prayers of piety that are placed closer to his sarcophagus, which are believed to help him understand his purpose on the battlefield.
>>
>>47142905
Sisters are paying for AoF that are weaker than special rules and USRs other armies get for free. Forgive my saltiness over that.

Is the Army okay with out them? Yeah "okay". Even most of the ones we have are only "okay". Like Ignores Cover for Dominions making a flamer rush unit useless.
>>
>>47142915
>getting into range
Most hordes are either choppy or shooty. If shooty, get close in your metal boxes, they're cheap enough to spam. If choppy, stay back and only advance enough to flame. Its basic stuff, as long as you dont have your entire army footslogging hordes should melt almost as quickly as AV-heavy lists.
>>47142941
You sound like the dude who wants his CSM to be 15 ppm for 3+5++ ws5 troops. Sure, they're overcosted, but so are most basic troops, hence the term 'tax'. Focus on what they are good at rather than dwelling on the negatives
>>
so, this is my first time looking through the Tau codex. holy fuck i'm mad

A Ghostkeel is only 130pts?? a riptide only 180?

what the flying fuck!
>>
>>47142941

The army is still better than Orks, Tyranids, Guard, and CSM. It is on the same tier as Dark Eldar, Blood Angels, KDK, and Grey Knights.
>>
>>47142935
>Past glories
Shit, why didn't I remember this when i was trying to think of a way to honor one of my Captains for his badassery in a recent game.
>>
>>47142994
Look at the Cron codex. You know Canoptek Spyders, or whatever the canoptek MC is called? s6t6 MC with a bunch of amazing rules and it costs 65 points. Compare that nigger to a Carnifex, almost as good for literally half the price
>>
>>47143024
there's a WAAC faggot tau player at my FLGS who's a gigantic douche about it. would necrons be good for pissing him off? tired of having four mediocre/shitty armies
>>
>>47143024

He's better because he makes another good model too.
>>
File: 1279386004401.png (161 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1279386004401.png
161 KB, 1000x1000
So /tg/, I've been out of the metagame since 5th, and I've never done Chaos but I want to start.
Are Noise marines viable as Troops?
How many Sonic Blasters is too many? How many is not enough?
Are Doom Sirens and Blastmasters too useful not to take?
>>
Is there anything stopping 2 lascannon devs shooting out of a Rhino?
>>
>>47143048
If you want to stomp people while being a faggot, go the whole hog and play Eldar. Even Crons have trouble with Tau when the tau are played well
>>
>>47143048
The best way to piss off Tau is to tie them up in melee.

I have seen Daemons, Ravenwing and Eldar rip them up.
>>
>>47143048

Play Eldar. You'll never be worse than top tier.
>>
>>47143078
Generally, you can have a unit with Sonic Blasters, a unit with 2 Blastmasters, or a unit with CC weapons and a Doom Siren, but you probably shouldn't mix them.

They're all set up to do very different things, and while they're all fairly effective at those, you'll end up wasting points if you stick them all in one squad.
>>
>>47143086
Doesn't take a whole lot to tear a Tau a new one in melee. Just gotta get there fast enough.
>>
>>47143078

Chaos is garbage tier right now across the board, play whatever you think is cool and fun because you are going to lose anyway.
>>
>>47142978
Sisters don't innately have the tools to melt hordes at range. Which means they're close enough to hurt your boxes and you while only losing a few much cheaper models. Shooty hordes have long ranged anti-tank weapons that break your boxes (which cost more than Marine's box thanks to that 6++) and then you while you try to get into range.

Killing Sisters with hordes is like killing Marines with hordes only you wound more often. And with Sisters lacking large blast options without allies the army suffers at weakening the hordes enough to mitigate losses.

But then again I played my Sister's both casually and competitively so maybe the things I faced in list design are different than yours.

Last game I played with Sisters I won. With 4 models vs a Necron Decurion with nearly everything still. It didn't feel like a win. 2 objectives to 1. And if the game continued I would have been tabled.

And sadly the threat of loss by tabling is way too common an issue for my gals.

Compare Sisters to Marines of wither variety and watch how much they gain for only a few points and tell me I'm bitching when I'm talking a points drop that would free up like 20 points in a normal list (two Squads of 10 BS). 1ppm down isn't unreasonable and it's just fine tuning balance a little more. I'm not asking for a change of stats just a slight drop in cost to reflect their actual fair cost in relation to the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1290286677450.jpg (524 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1290286677450.jpg
524 KB, 1000x1000
>>47143103
Thanks. Good to know
>>
>>47143011
Dar Eldar are bottom teir, especially after the FAQ dropped.
>>
>>47143014
It's not too late, you can always prime a pile of purity seals in a small box and then attach them to your captain! Do tell what kinds of badass things he's done on the tabletop, I'm sure /tg/ would love to see them, as it's a welcome change from the usual shitposting on this board.

/40kgeneral/ obviously needs more tales of glory from individual models.
>>
>>47143086
>>47143097
>>47143082
so what's the best way to play them? i'd be starting from nothing with an eldar army so where do i begin? looking at 2kpts
>>
>>47143079
Nope, but the rhino has to stay still.
>>
>>47143104
Which is what the three armies I listed do. At the extra of being more fun to play than Necrons, though I have seen wraiths chew through suits
>>
>>47143137

I should clarify - haemonculus coven DE with CTC. But I assume when discussing tiers we're talking about the correct way to play an army.

>>47143122

Just stop being bad. I play with Sisters and I do fine. If you can't handle an army like Orks or 'Nids with Sisters it isn't the army's fault.
>>
If you had to pick a favorite 40k book, what would it be?
>>
>>47143213

Prospero Burns
>>
>>47143196
It's funny how I can beat superior Marine armies and then stuggle with hordes yet I'm the shit pkayer who needs to get good and am not facing players who are better practiced at rapine Marine armies with hordes who see Sisters as easier targets.

Seriously, I can fuck Marines up all day but I can't kill a well played horde Army fast enough to win most of the time with a pure Sisters force.
>>
>>47143226
>prospero burns
my nigga. that was the book that made me really fall in love with the wolves
>>
File: Reanimation OOOOHs.gif (489 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
Reanimation OOOOHs.gif
489 KB, 550x600
>>47143183
>Stick with Necrons
>Download the Codex
>Figure out you can fit the Canoptek Harvest and Destroyer Cult in a 2000 point list
>????
>Dead Fish
>>
>>47143213
Favorite lately? Any of the first four Gaunt's Ghosts books. I haven't read past those yet.

Give me a month and maybe it'll be something else instead.
>>
>>47143213
Angels of Motherfucking Darkness by my personal house nigger Gav Thorpe.
>>
>>47143169
In the most recent game, he cut down a Daemon Prince and a Chaos Sorcerer after fighting through a swath of demons with his honor guard (honor guard died to the Sorcerer's retinue).

He was in danger when a drop pod with some other marines from his company (fifth) came down and popped out to rain heavy bolter fire on the approaching daemons.

So I think I'm gonna slap a bunch of purity seals on the fucker and maybe give him some kind of personal flair.
>>
>>47143213
The fourth book in the HH series, or the book with the Emperor's agonizing alone speech.
>>
>>47143213

Necropolis from the Guant's Ghost series.
>>
File: CadianShockTrooper2.jpg (121 KB, 426x805) Image search: [Google]
CadianShockTrooper2.jpg
121 KB, 426x805
I want to make an IG army using cadian bodies but third party heads. If I was going to do this would GW let me play at their stores?
>>
Recommend me some Dan Abnett
>>
>>47143285
Ah neat. My own chapter master(Lias Issodon), got charged by a Stormsurge today.

Yea. Charged by a Stormsurge, as a non-melee chapter master.
> Not the other way around
> Like, the tau player charged ME with it

And then Lias Issodon proceeded to put 3 wounds in the stormsurge with just his power sword, then not die to a ridiculous number of stomps.

I still lost the game, and had Lias Issodon as the sole survivor of the entire company. Damn tau player brought 3 stormsurges to my second time ever playing against tau.
>>
>>47143213
Wolfblade, William King. I enjoy the view of Terra it gives from the eyes of both an insider and an outsider. Especially for the Navigator houses, since we don't often look too closely at them.
That book is the reason every Rogue Trader character I've made is a Navigator.
>>
>>47143333
literally anything by him. if you want a good stand alone go for Double Eagle. want a good series then Gaunt's Ghosts.
>>
>>47143329
Depends, you'll just have to ask them
>>
>>47143329
Depends on the store, some are more anal about it than others.
>>
>>47143340
My previous Chapter Master was killed by a Carnifex back when they weren't what they are now.

His successor has made it a point that all Carnifexes must die immediately upon contact.

Your Chapter Master could develop a serious hatred of Stormsuges.
>>
>>47143236

You have access to Ignores Cover in Dominons with the potential to use it three times a game with storm bolters...
>>
>>47143333
Eisenhorn is pretty dope. Was the first book I read before knowing much 40k at all.
>>
So I bought the Imperial Guard starter box, and once I finish them I want to buy the Necron box, and then maybe the Skitarii box.

Please help me.
>>
>>47143409
Why?

Build one army, don't start three.
>>
File: 65195.png (138 KB, 672x798) Image search: [Google]
65195.png
138 KB, 672x798
How's my order look? My group will be getting 30% off, so my total is $200. I already own 20 Kabalites and a Venom. 5 of the Kabalites will sub in as Incubi for now. Watch, after I order this, a Start Collecting Dark Eldar will come out.
>>
>>47143378
Absolutely, goddamn that was ridiculous. Even mostly ridiculous because he alone caused 4 wounds in total to the damn things. Mostly from his power sword. I would definitely say he despises stormsurges now.

On the other hand, I have made my deredeo into one of my Captains. So Ancient Valentine is now the captain of the second company of the raptors. I figured he needed a promotion because he's gone 20 games in a row where he killed 150% of his points cost.

Right now I'm looking into getting that armoured list formation, so I can start bringing Valentine as my warlord and have it just be this awesome and fluffy army where a 6000 year old dreadnought leads a company of tanks and other dreadnoughts.
>>
>>47143360
>>47143362
If I turned up with third party infantry models they would definitely get angry, right?
>>
>>47143434
Exactly.
>>
File: DAvSW.jpg (167 KB, 600x200) Image search: [Google]
DAvSW.jpg
167 KB, 600x200
>>47143169
>/40kgeneral/ obviously needs more tales of glory from individual models.

Yesterday my "main character" was challenged out by some SW named character tried to assault my command squad. For whatever reason this despicable Heretic thought my Chaplain would back down but little did he know that Adrellas has never refused a challenge. He attacked first and after dealing 5 wounds only took 1/3 from my Chaplain. So my chaplain tilted his skull mask, said "nothing personal kid" and charged his Monster Slayer of Caliban to +2S AP3 Insta-D and was able to get just one of the wounds through, winning combat. Scored Slay the Warlord and two turns later drew Kingslayer for the mission.
>>
>>47143469
That's more likely to be disallowed, yes.
>>
>>47143436
Could be fun.

I actually transferred a dying captain to a Dreadnought last year.

The Captain of the third company had lived for quite a long time but nearly lost his life in a skirmish against some Eldar. His battle brothers managed to get him into a Dread (I wanted an excuse to make one anyways) after winning the game in a rather brutal three turns.
>>
>>47143475
Fuck Dark Angels, but I do miss the gemstone aquilas from older editions... So many great metals are gonna be lost to time soon.
>>
>>47143500
Hehe, it's always fun to give a backstory to your dreadnoughts by making them out of older characters.

Valentine didn't get to be upgraded from a previous character though. Usually my idea is that all of my characters are unnamed, up until they do something badass enough on the tabletop. Then they earn a name.

Valentine earned his name when he destroyed NINE imperial guard tanks over the course of 5 game turns. Just godlike rolls were made left right and center against a parking lot of tanks, and he ended up walking away with a kill count of over 900 points.

Valentine in this case was going to be next in line for Chapter Master, over 6000 years ago. Then he found a stasis coffin and decided it would be a great idea to open it... Because maybe it could be beneficial? Instead it contained the last remaining specimen of the Megarachnids, which then proceeded to turn his inner organs into soup! He was put in a dreadnought that already had a bitchy machine spirit(Said machine spirit had fought against megarachnids before). The two got along well, and he survived all the way to the 41st millenium.

Maybe someday I'll boot out Lias Issodon and replace him entirely with Valentine. I suppose that he could still be in line for Chapter Master if he keeps from being senile.
>>
File: custodianheads2_290.jpg (60 KB, 284x290) Image search: [Google]
custodianheads2_290.jpg
60 KB, 284x290
>>47143496
Well I guess my Veteran Squads can't be completely customised pseudo-storm trooper operators then
>>
>>47143469
Well if it's just the heads maybe not as much
>>
>>47141888
40k is dying in general. An excruciatingly slow death, over decades.

X happened; which either put the stores out of business, or forced them to become no-fun-allowed zones; which robbed people of places to play, new players of introduction to the game, and everyone in general of fun.

What X is depends on who you ask:
>the rules going downhill
>prices going uphill
>everyone playing video games instead
>everyone shopping online instead
>incompetent GW management
>increasing numbers of WAACfags
>some inter-related combination of the above
>>
>>47143078
Noise Marines are some of the best MEQs in the game.
>>
Suggestions for a 500 point Eldar list, anyone?
>>
what do MEQ and TEQ mean
>>
Pitch a new army.

The catch: based on mechanical niche only. Don't mention fluff whatsoever.
>>
>>47143655
> 500 point eldar list
Shove a steel rod up your ass, then take the following
> Wraithknight
> Wraithknight

The steel rod is necessary and vital to your success. Otherwise people won't think you're a proper eldar player. Lube is of course optional, but the preferrence is for none.
>>
>>47143656
"Mech" and "Tech" (IE wargear).
>>
>>47143656
Marine equivalent and Terminator equivalent. There's also Guard equivalent. Basically it refers to a model with similar toughness and save to those models for purposes of durability.

So a MEQ is a model with a 3+ save and around 4 toughness.
>>
Trying to get back in the game, and I'm thinking of buying and painting up 700 points of CSM or so and going to one of my LGS (recently moved).

Here's what I'm looking at buying:

Sorcerer with Mastery Level 2, Terminator Armour, and Spell Familiar
10 CSMs with Plasma Gun and Rhino
15 Cultists with Autoguns
Heldrake with Baleflamer
Vindicator

Comes out to 690 points. Tips on what I could do with the last 10 points?
>>
What's up with so many "haven't played since 5th" people? Why did so many quit during 5th, and why are they all coming back now?
>>
>>47143677
>>47143678
oh that makes a lot of sense, thanks
>>
>>47143687
funny, i know i did. 6th was burning garbage. the introduction of new units and stuff is kind of exciting though. besides, hard to get rid of that 40k itch
>>
Mobility is generally the most important asset in Warhammer40k.

Discuss.
>>
>>47143687
6-8 years without playing is about enough to forget how garbage the game is and to start to want to come back.
>>
>>47143687
For me it was 6th's attitude of "Fuck the fluff and the points/Force Org charts don't matter"

I have a strong distaste for the "Come the Apocalypse" alliance rules. The whole point of the setting is that the Apocalypse already happened, and everyone's already picked their sides.
>>
>>47143708
The 40k itch and the WoW itch man, they both consume me.
>>
choppiest army?
>>
>>47143435
Also, aside from the standard Agonizer or Scissorhand, should I give the Haemy a second weapon of torture or just a regular CCW?
>>
>>47143773
Blood Angels?

I don't actually know
>>
>>47143773
Space Marines
> Access to the best Daemon Weapon in the game
> Access to Honour Guard
> Librarius Conclave
> MURDERWINGS
> SMASHFUCKER PRIME
> Carcharadons Tactics Gladius with 10 drop pods?
>>
>>47143773
Eldar
>>
>>47143795
space marines is one of the least specific things ever.
>>
>>47143810
but they're squishy
>>
>>47143835
But they have guns that shoot choppy and good CC units.
>>
>>47143730
Flanking Meltavets are really fucking awesome. Poor dreadknight didn't know what hit him

Dropping a flyer onto an objective your opponents have ignored the whole game is pretty baller too. Especially when its a position where you can blast rear armor.

Fast transports make me cream my pants, its one of the reasons I love scions. The ability to move 24" in one turn is very underrated.

>>47143773
Choppy by quantity? No idea. Choppy by quality? I'd vote grey knights
>>
>>47143817
Space Marines ARE the least specific codex in the game.

>>47143840
They are T3 though. Dark Eldar are more choppy anyway since they have Incubi
>>
>>47143687
I quit during 4th, before it was cool to quit. :P
>>
> a bazillion threads since this morning

Holy shit, /tg/, I took one road trip. Anyway, here's the link to the Updated Ork Codex PDF:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20%5BSpace%20Odin%5D%282016%29.pdf?dl=0

Enjoy, & feel free to re-host.
>>
>>47143853
>Choppy by quantity?
30k Imperial Militia and Cults

>>47143853
>Grey Knights
I actually second this. Just played a zone mortalis game with them against CSM. I just rolled with 3 squads of paladins and nothing he brought a long provided a serious threat
>>
>>47143856
chapters man, i need chapters
>>47143840
shooting choppy doesn't count
>>
>>47143795
>Space Marines
>Daemon Weapon
5e fag here. What the hell did Ward do this time?
>>
>>47143856
Toughness 3 doesn't make you less choppy. They're still really choppy.

>>47143900
>shooting choppy doesn't count

Consider it a bonus on top of their normal choppy
>>
>>47143900
I think he's referring to the Space Marines/Ultramarines armybook.
>>
>>47143928
choppy dressing
>>
>>47143921
it's not really a Daemon Weapon, so much as an Artifact from a Primarch. Here, this page explains it. But basically the gist of it is that there's a raven guard artifact that makes it so that successful attacks grant more attacks in melee. So a Chapter Master with them can often end up making 12 attacks on the charge, which is the most attacks of any single model in the entire game. Hence why /tg/ often refers to it as "A better daemon weapon"

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/MURDERWINGS
>>
>>47143895
>I actually second this
My thoughts exactly, recently went against them and he had those new powers and damn if they weren't spooky as hell.
>>
>>47142978
>You sound like the dude who wants his CSM to be 15 ppm for 3+5++ ws5 troops
>implying that would be OP
Icon of Tzeentch used to be 5++, and it was still shit then.
>>
Post YFW you realize we're slowly becoming Dark Eldar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEDrMriKsFM
>>
File: ayylium.jpg (16 KB, 310x427) Image search: [Google]
ayylium.jpg
16 KB, 310x427
>tfw 3 flyrants use their haywire flayers on my knight and kill it on the first turn
>>
>>47143962
Alright. Had a panic attack there for a minute. Overpowered space marines I can handle, but the poor fluff's suffered enough abuse.
>>
>>47143976
Hammerhand + Halberds + WS5, W2 TEQ is nothing to laugh at
>>
>>47143976
Speaking of new powers, where can I get my hands on them?
>>
>>47143475
>my relic weapon bike interrogator chaplain beat a shittier melee HQ in a fight
Cool story. You Ravenwing players are truly great representatives of your chapter.
>>
>>47144001
Pretty sure they can't do that unless the Knight is already at half HP.
>>
>>47143999
Fucking Hellions. Jetbikes are where its at
>>
>>47144066
>pretty sure they can't do that
Explain
>>
>>47143679
Drop the Autoguns, grab a second Mastery Level. Either ditch the Terminator Armor and put him in the Rhino or drop some cultists for a second Plasma Gun. Be aware that a flier at 700 is a dick move, but that a 170 Baledrake will struggle to make its points back against any opponent smart enough to spread out.
>>
>>47144069
Those are coming along, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soxxPyaAT1k
>>
>>47144092
Electroshock grubs are a haywire template, they can only inflict one hit per and don't have the ap to get explodes results.
>>
Does Spell Familiar allow me to avoid a Perils attack by re-rolling one of the sixes?
>>
>>47144171
>3 get a few glances with twin linked devourers
>get finished off with electro shock grubs
>>
>>47144057
It was a Spacewolf Named Character on a Thunderwolf, be more upset though.

Please tell me of your exploits.
>>
>>47144188
What
>>
>>47144188
I think your in the wrong thread
>>
>>47144191
That's your own fault if you left your side armor open to flyrants.
>>
>>47143435
Have you read the first draft of the faqs? Specifically transports?
>>
>>47143213
Bruh, the Sisters of Battle comics from forever ago in some forgotten GW publication were baller.

I'd still say Horus Rising. Wit wry as fuck, & just s but of HFY, even if it's just a setup for the tragedy. Constructed in such a way as to make Astartes alien. It relatable, & in a materialist, naturalist universe by all accounts--then you feel just as reality-shattered by the Samus event as the characters.
>>
>>47144188
No, it only allows you to reroll failed psychic tests, which means you have to reroll all the dice if you fail to manifest.
>>
File: god emperor trump.jpg (154 KB, 456x469) Image search: [Google]
god emperor trump.jpg
154 KB, 456x469
>>47143999
WE FUTURE NOW
AND THIS IS ALL THANKS TO THE GOD EMPEROR
>>
>>47144281
Still mad that he's not Dorn.

Then again, he's not Dorn.
>>
>>47144212
This one time, my Flying Tzeentch Daemon Prince with Grimoire and Cursed Earth up punched a Knight Titan to death with its disco stick. Oh, wait, that's a shitty story.
>>
>>47144261
Yeah, we took a good gimping. I'm not a competitive player, though. Mostly casual play. But since I am new to the army, I'm wondering what I can do instead of Shoot-jink-shoot, and if anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
>>
>>47144294
Doesn't Dorn's successor chapter have a hispanic naming theme anyway?
>>
>>47144322
Crimson Fists
>>
I'm thinking of playing my Black templar's as a standard imperial fist successor, the owner of my LGS said he doesn't have a problem with that but how would you guys react to it?
>>
>>47144247
This is what the multi meltas are for you smaug-lover
>>
>>47144322
pedro el chapo and the punos carmesi.
>>
>>47144294
He's not Dorn until he builds the wall.
>>
>>47143687

Quit during 4th edition, came back for 7th because I actually like the current rulebook and needed a time sink hobby that wasn't getting drunk and passing out in a pile of dirty laundry every day.
>>
>>47144333
This is why you should have made a custom chapter. You'd be able to use whatever chapter tactic or unit combinations you feel like and it wouldn't go against any existing fluff.
>>
>>47144188
no, if you *fail* a *test*, you reroll the whole *test*
>>
>>47144336
Just saying, if you park your knight so that 3 flyrants can fly into its side arc turn 1, that's kinda your own fault.
>>
>>47144364

Well if you want to back 15 years and tell 13 year old me to do it differently feel free.
>>
>>47144333
Dont use librarians and paint them black and white and I would have no problem with it at all.
>>
>>47144427
I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just a game after all.
>>
>>47144333
I think the fact that you're asking makes you a weak-willed faggot unworthy of respect as a human being. Your actions are of no consequence to us humans.
>>
File: 1445299183349.jpg (8 KB, 174x290) Image search: [Google]
1445299183349.jpg
8 KB, 174x290
>>47144442

I remember when I used to enjoy acting tough over the internet.
>>
>>47144438

I don't own any libby's anyway it would just be a change of chapter tactics.
>>
>>47144150
What to replace the flyer with then (to look like less of a dick)? Raptors or another CSM squad?
>>
>>47143900

Minotaurs chapter, because they're choppy against Space Marines and so many armies are Space Marines.
>>
>>47143890
I love everything except Eavy armour becoming cheaper and also a 3+. Should stay a 4+.

Maybe create a new tier of armor that is a 3+ that only things like HQs and nobz can take
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 400x566) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 400x566
>>47143900
Carcharodons!

SHARKS IN SPESS!

RIP 'N TEAR!
>>
>>47143644
X happened; which either put the stores out of business, or forced them to become no-fun-allowed zones; which robbed people of places to play, new players of introduction to the game, and everyone in general of fun.

As a babby-tier player still getting tools and paint, I can attest to 40k being very intimidating to get into for new players
The price, the work involved per figure, if you aren't already interested in the lore or models/crafty stuff, there's little reason to start.
I know for myself that I want to get into the game, but the people at the hobby shop were always focused on trying to get my money first and foremost, expecting me to know everything already, but to someone who is clueless they'd instantly be turned off.
That and vidya is more accessible than building minis for a gorillion dollars
>>
>>47141708
HOLY SHIT THE PALACE IS FOR SALE!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Blanche-original-artwork-The-Golden-Throne-The-Sanctum-Imperialis-/172192303766?hash=item2817760a96:g:6UYAAOSwZ8ZW4Gb9
>>
>>47143679
Id drop the Heldrake.
3 MoN Spawn is 108 points.
5 unmarked Spawn are 150 points.

You could also put the Sorcerer on a bike, and give him a bike squad escort.

A second Sorcerer and a min CSM squad could be nasty too. Put them both in a Rhino with some marines.

Whatever you decide, Id hold off on the Heldrake until 1000 points. And even then, Id suggest a Fire Raptor - for 200 points its vastly superior to a Heldrake.
>>
I've been thinking about creating my own successor chapter but I am having trouble deciding which chapter tactics (and thus which codex) I should go with.

26th Founding (Very young chapter)
>Favored Unit: Chaplain
>Favored Weapon: Power Lance
>Favored Transport: Drop Pod
>Low number of marines, favoring small elite units over hordes of tactical marines
Chapter is backed by extremely pious wealthy regional lord who decided to pour his wealth into a start up space marine chapter rather than let his kids have it.

Thanks to the wealthy being injected into the chapter combined with their low numbers, they are able to outfit their marines with mk8 armor. The first company chaplain has a very, very expensive suit of highly ornate terminator armor.

On the table I would field them as an allied detachment along side a CAD of Scions and an Inquisitorial Detachment
>>
The Scintillan Fusiliers are the greatest of all IG regiments, better than the Cadian Cock Smokers, Armageddon Shit Legion, Fag Korps of Kreig, Catachan Homos and Tallarn Ass Raiders
>>
>>47144929
Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 640x960
>>47144929
A friend told me about their edgy friend earlier today
>edgy is pretty crafty
>decides to make customized troops
>picks death korps, begins to pimp out the models and sculpt them
>but sure as shit he starts putting swatstikas on them
>subtle at first, but he starts to show his power level off
>the absolute madman actually makes his commander Hitler
>his meme army complete, edgy goes to the local store to play
>gets banned for having nazis as his army
>>
>>47144979
What over-sensitive bitches
>>
>>47144767
Spawn is a good idea, are they worth the points? I'm also not a huge fan of bikes in general, but if they're mandatory to not get tabled turn 2 then I'll take them.

My plan is to deploy the Sorcerer with the Cultists and keep them holding an objective + in cover. I'm thinking at this point I need another CSM squad in a Rhino (or some bikes) to actually hold objectives.

Also, what's the best way (at higher points levels of course) to include a Soul Grinder while still keeping it battleforged?
>>
>>47143900
>shooty choopy doesn't count.
You're talking about a faction that has unit that holds choppy in one hand, choopy and shooty that is also choopy in the other hand, than also has shooty on his face so he can be shooty while he's choopy.
He's even green.
>>
>>47144212
Killed Belial and 10 TH and SS terminators after 3 rounds with one dreadnought with blizzard shield and axe.
>>
>>47144757
Wow thats crazy
>>
File: 1453585341944.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
1453585341944.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
Where can I find scans of these limited edition Codex: Space Marine armour mark cards?
>>
>>47145034
fuck the nazis.
They can be fake nazi: still fuck the nazis
You can travel back in time and make is the nazi party never even gets start: fuck the nazis
On an alien planet whose native people have never heard of nazis: fuck the goddamn motherfucking nazis.

You want to dress up as a nazi, paint your army as nazis, or any of thing similar because you though it made you edgy and cool; fuck you too because fuck the nazis
>>
File: DA Flier Formation.png (877 KB, 654x1498) Image search: [Google]
DA Flier Formation.png
877 KB, 654x1498
So based chinaman is having his sale tomorrow. Since the fliers I was looking to get are so cheap I am wondering if I should buy a 3rd flier that would allow me to use the formation. However my current plan was to buy two and run a second task force that auto arrives outflanking turn two.

Thoughts on this formation?
>>
>>47145047
spawn are fast, durable, and pretty decent in assault

they are often used to escort a juggernaut lord, but units of spawn on their own can intercept and tie down enemies with their speed while being dangerous enough in the assault to actually kills stuff. Worst case scenario? they enemy needs a lot of fire to kills them, making space for the rest of your army to do what it needs to do.
>>
>>47145152
How do people find these elusive recasters anyway? Not asking to be spoonfed, asking for the means to feed myself.
>>
>>47145047
Spawn are reliable and durable. Use them to tie up something killy. I always run 3-5 of them with MoN.

Bikes are not mandatory. They work similar to spawn but can take special weapons and have a 3+.

Id reconsider footlogging a Terminator with cultists. Unless youre playing on a 2x2 or something small.
>>
>>47145087
Nice. I bring my DW as a novelty/distract/tax at higher points. I had 6 termis enter, 3 with TH/SS, and one salvo of 9 grav shots took out the entire unit before they could assault. The command squad with three HQs didn't do much better.
>>
I'm starting Dark Eldar/Harlequins, and I've decided to go for a space theme for my paintjob.

Question is, how could I fluff it that a bunch of DE and Harles are going around space, wrecking shit.

And not just for slaves.

I was thinking of finding a way to not have their souls nommed on Slaanesh or requiring slaves. One idea was the DE got soul stones from the Harles and now work with them to fuck up Chaos or something.
>>
>>47145171
tbqh I did orders through a friend of a friend for a while and I just got his information eventually. Most people check the subreddit that blabs too much but one of the largest recently went into recluse due to people spreading him around too much.

mfw 30% off a $60 Knight. The formation in the picture with 3 fliers will run $62. All shipping included.
>>
>>47145087
one shotted a blizzard shield dreadnought in overwatch with my last remaining fire dragon.

different game but same guy one shotted a flier, after it had killed the rest of his squad the previous round.

ran him in zone mortalis with the dragon breath flamer, took out an entire squad of genestealers with broodlord between a single round of shooting and overwatch. Helped by his squad in that case, but that guy has gotten work done. He's getting name after that last one.
>>
File: baitm8.jpg (169 KB, 1016x970) Image search: [Google]
baitm8.jpg
169 KB, 1016x970
>>47144929
>>
>>47145125
Have whatever problems you want mate, but they DID have some style and they DID pretty well before it all fell apart. You don't have to be trying to be edgy or condone the awful shit some of them did to like them in these regards.
>>
>>47144757
>>47145096
>Blanche's hackjob line art
>$6k starting bid
>0 bids

Gee, wonder why.
>>
>>47144333

I think successor chapters who got shafted with bad rules in 6E and 7E (Carcharodons, Black Templars, Mantis Warriors, etc) should be allowed to play with their progenitors rules.

They are technically of that geneseed, and it's not like you chose cheesy White Scars or Ultramarines and Tigurius to play your Black Templars.
>>
>>47142076
Depending on finances some of the FW guard are a bit more elite. ie. DKoK grenadier company. Or failing that when I have the army burnout I pick something totally outside my comfort zone, after years of Empire and Dwarfs I started Dark Elves. Totally new play style and painting opportunity.
>>
File: 1436076023542.png (757 KB, 972x454) Image search: [Google]
1436076023542.png
757 KB, 972x454
Grabbed a Start collecting Space Wolves box set this weekend, what do you guys think is the best way to assemble them ? seems to be heaps of options for weapons and being new to the game I have no idea whats good.
>>
Stupid question that I'm 90% sure I know the answer to already, but I'll ask regardless since I didn't see anything in the rulebook.

Would Armor of Scorn (lowers the strength of all attacks against the model by 1) or anything with a similar rule have any effect against D strength attacks? If so does it make them Strength 10? I seriously doubt it, but the answer is going to impact my willingness to toss a Dthirster into melee against my friend's new Imperial Knight.
>>
I imagine there are plenty of scattered CSM in units as small as squads of 5 around space/worlds/warp. I wonder how they pass the time.
>>
>>47145803

Destroyer is a totally different category from the numbers 1-10 for strength. It also deals damage differently from Wounding.

You wouldn't affect it in any way. You don't lower it to S10 (it already counts as S10 in certain scenarios), and you don't turn them into S9. You can't make them "not Destroyer".
>>
so as an IG player i'm trying to think of ways to handle Riptides.

Does anyone have any good sugestions? I was last looking at Tank Hunter Destroyers from FW at 160pts with their Neutron cannons with D3 STR10 AP 1 shots. could anyone do some Math hammer for their average wounding vs one for me?
>>
Trying nail down my list for an ITC tournament in June. Any glaring issues with this list?

1850- Incursion with Knight
>Chaos Daemons Daemonic Incursion Detachment
Warpflame Host
+Herald of Tzeentch- Level 3, Paradox, Exalted Locus of Conjuration- 145
+5x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (11)- 99x5- 495
+3x Flamers of Tzeentch (3)- 69x3= 207
+Exalted Flamer- 50
Daemon Flock
+Chaos Furies (5)- 35
Daemon Lord
+Kairos Fateweaver- 300
>Chaos Daemons Combined Arms Detachment
+The Blue Scribes- 81
+2x Nurglings (3)- 45x2=90
+Daemon Knight Paladin- Daemon of Tzeentch, Dirge Caster- 445

Total- 1848

With 17 WC and S7 Flickering Fire, the list can throw out a pretty good amount of psychic dakka or summoned daemons to handle a wide variety of threats. The Knight goes after other big stuff. The Blue Scribes are absurdly cost-efficient.
>>
>>47145780
>weapon loadouts
whatever looks cool really. if you feel like doing some simple customizing you could also attempt magnetizing arms for different weapons

for the most part no one cares about WYSIWYG unless you're at a real nitpicky tournament.
>>
>>47144924
no ideas? perhaps I need to rethink things...
>>
>>47145949

Invisibility and spacing out your blobs 2" apart and laughing at him.
>>
>>47145949
Destoyer Tank Hunters do not have Neutron Lasers. Neutron Lasers is the main weapon of Valdor, super heavy vehicle.

But I'll say: Allied Armoured Battlegroup with Vanquishers equipped with Beast Hunters shells. S8 ap2 blasts with Instant Death will put fear of Emperor into those critters.
>>
I'm trying to make a Stormwing auxillery formation that works against enemy fliers.

I'm new to the game, but just so we're clear: Stromravens and Stormtalons get to shoot at enemy flying units normally, right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.