[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bbeg is the embodiment of fear. >The only reason why he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: fear3815.jpg (4 MB, 4986x3018) Image search: [Google]
fear3815.jpg
4 MB, 4986x3018
>Bbeg is the embodiment of fear.
>The only reason why he spreads despair and is doing dickish acts is because he is afraid people not having enough terror in their hearts, and thus fading away.
How can you make a interesting character from this?
>>
Why is he the Big Bad Evil Guy?

Is he doing something that'll hurt millions of people on a mass scale?

You can tell him he can spread fear without that.

You can tell him he can spread constructive fear.
>>
>>47138126
Present the game to the players by introducing the effects of the bbeg in the world. Don't tell them your grand scene, but show them the lizard men terrorising the south jungles, the undead hordes roving the black wood. The raving ghosts stirred up in the desert of despair. Speak on the downtrodden population, the despotic rulers, the tyrant kings, the greedy guilds. Show them the way to the saving of the world is through hope and triumph. Prosperity for all. Rising up against the darkness.
>>
That sounds like a worse version of a character from Melty Blood
>>
>>47138126
Fear Itself is, in my humble opinion, the shittiest villain concept ever. It just turns into a great, big marathon of Character Issues. Oh no, Character C has to face his fears and triumph over his internal problems!

Fucking christ, just shoot me in the head and be done with it.
>>
OP has a child's understanding of fear.

A Parent feels fear every time they leave their kids at school while they go to work.
>>
>>47138126
Wasn't that the motivation behind the "bad guy" in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?

He was an extradinensional being who fed on fear and forgotten memories, so he spread a poison fog that occasionally coalesces into monsters across the world so that people would be forced to live in constant terror their entire lives so that he wouldn't fade away.

Or at least that's how I remember it. It's been a very, very long time since I played that game.
>>
>>47138126
Literally Freddy Kreuger.
>>
>>47138253
Come to think of it, wouldn't his own fear had made him self sustaining?
>>
>>47138253
Too bad about every other crystal chronicles game after the first

And about all the weird controller bullshit in the first one for that matter if you played with friends
>>
>>47138373

There was an alright one for the DS. Not nearly as good though. It felt more Crystal Chronicles in name than in spirit, but the gameplay was salvagable.

>>47138294
He only lived off of mortal beings.

I never actually beat the game, but there was another being, just like him, who insisted that they could live off of other emotions as well, but when you defeat the first entity's boss battle he absorbs the reasonable entity out of fear for his life, and at that point my mom unplugged my gamecube during the final battle with the merged entity.

I never played again because it had taken me four hours without a save point to get that far in the game, so I don't actually know how it ended.
>>
>>47138434
I don't remember the details. I think you just kill him, the miasma is gone, and an irish lady is singing while a montage of going home and celebrating happens. It's been a while
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.