[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what are your thoughts on Dawn of War III?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: dawnofwariii.jpg (8 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
dawnofwariii.jpg
8 KB, 300x168
The trailer looked epic. Then again, the game itself might turn out to be a disappointment. What do you guys think?
>>
>>47132052
It's got base building so I'll buy it.
>>
>>47132052
Three race campaign sounds cool. Especially since you get to play as based gorgutz again.
>>
>>47132052
The screenshots killed my hype. I know that's too early to judge the game based on them, but something about them left a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
No Chaos makes me disappointed. I know it'll be in the game eventually, but not having them at launch is weird.

I'll still play it.
>>
>>47132166
They weren't at launch in DOWII either, so it isn't that strange. I'm sure there will be a big bad revealed later on in development, probably Chaos, Tyranids, or Necrons.
>>
>>47132166
I figure that it's like other anons said, that they are going to be in it, but they won't reveal themselves until you start heading towards the end, because they're trying to play all the forces against each other until they're all too broken and tired to do anything, except of course the [faction that you chose], who has a secret weapon up their sleeves.
>>
>>47132113
Seeing him waddling around and smashing his lieutenants again will be truly amazing
here's hoping he won't die here
>>
>>47132166
>No Chaos
>believing that at all
Lemme tell you what the plot'll be.
>start fighting Orks
>discover Eldar dickery
>Eldar be all enigmatic and shit
>surprise, the Eldar were gearing up to fight Chaos
>>
>>47132166
>>47132227
I am hoping it will be chaos demons rather then marines.
>>
>>47132455
Demons?
PFFT
Everybody knows demons don't exist, Emps proved that wrong thousands of years ago.
Now DAEMONS, on the other hand...
>>
I honestly didn't miss base building at all. After DoW2, it's going to feel like going backwards, and that's not necessarily a good thing.
>>
I despise base building and am bewildered that people are happy to see it's return.
>>
>>47132442
/thread
>>
>>47132707
>>47132723
I don't understand why you don't like it, to be honest. If you don't base build, how the hell are you going to take over anything? Hope the enemy doesn't come back and just take over everything again?
>>
>>47132746
Can't speak for the other anon, but I preferred the DoW2 approach because it's slightly closer to the TT, and just avoided the entire clunky mechanic.

I love RTS games, and classic RTS games at that - been playing them since the original Warcraft, but Space Marine Base Building Simulator just doesn't "fit" 40k to me.
>>
So anyone else think it might just end up reskinned coh2?
>>
>might turn out to be a disappointment
well, the only time I've really been disappointed with DoW was with soulstorm, so I'll probably have fun with this one

Trailer means absolutely nothing to the state of the final game, but if they have someone with the balls to go full Beksinski on board, they can't be all bad.
>>
>>47132723
Designing an efficient base and supplementing it with good fortification is incredibly satisfying. One of the things i appreciate most about the Ultimate apocalypse mods is the ability to build actual walls and barricades. It allows you to dictate the time and place that you fight the enemy.

I grew up playing Age of Empires and Age of Mythology, so i suppose they heavily influence my video game strategies.
>>
File: 1449559492982.jpg (861 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1449559492982.jpg
861 KB, 1000x800
>>47132746
>DOW:WA
>buildin mah guard base
>building it bigger
>and bigger
>and cramming every key chokepoint full of bunkers and shit
>>
>>47132803
>So anyone else think it might just end up reskinned coh2?

No too bad, then.

Hopefully some good writing for the single-player campaign.
>>
File: It was a gift.jpg (842 KB, 1519x1013) Image search: [Google]
It was a gift.jpg
842 KB, 1519x1013
Can't wait for the Knight to bear the BR heraldry
>>
>>47132773
Fair enough, but maybe instead of getting rid of it altogether, they could improve on it so it's not so clunky, and maybe set up some fucking turrets that actually work
>>
It's time to get back to base building.
>>
File: 219.jpg (64 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
219.jpg
64 KB, 700x525
>>47133781
>>
File: tyranids-v-space-marines.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tyranids-v-space-marines.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
>>47133840
>>
>>47132835
Wait you can build walls in UA?

Jesus christ that would make my life so much easier.
>>
>>47133857
>>
>>47133781
Basebuilding doesn't really fit the Eldar imo.
They should just have webway gates, nothing else. Just combine the production structures in DoW 1 into the webway gates that allowed you to transport shit between them, and cut the rest of the basebuilding for the Eldar.
>>
>>47134141
Have it like the US/Brittish in CoH2 where you have the central base and you just unlock shit for it.
>>
>>47134166
I'd prefer for the Eldar to not really have any "centralized base" and instead just be able to open webway gates around the map, and use them to move their forces in order to both defend, as well as capture territory and resources.

A centralized base, that you would be forced to defend, isn't really that fitting for Eldar military style.
>>
>>47134141
>They should just have webway gates, nothing else.

Their buildings were webway gates.
>>
>>47134204
You literally just described how the Brits play in CoH2.
>>
>>47134208
Aesthetically, maybe. But functionally they were identical to that of Ork factories. They just produced your units, and didn't actually let you transport stuff between the gates.
Ideally, the Eldar wouldn't have any other structures besides webway gates (as in, just a standard type of webway gate, not some factory that is called a webway gate), that would let you transport shit between different gates trough the webway, as well as produce new units (you are requesting more reinforcements from the webway.)
>>
>>47134208
He is arguing they should have a single webway building that does everything, sort of like how the monolith worked in DoW1 I guess, then being able to build more of them around the map to teleport to.
It's not a very sound idea unless it has some harsh limitations.
>>
>>47134271
I haven't played CoH 2.
I got zero interest in world war games.
>>
>>47134303
Of course that sort of system would need limitations, but personally, I think it would be more interesting than just the stock standard rts basebuilding and unit production system dow 1 had.
>>
>>47134141

The big ones for Base Building really should be:

Imperial Guard (Lots and lots of fortifications)
Sisters of Battle (Centralized super temple fortress)
Orks (Ramshackle Buildings Everywhere that just shit out boys)
Necrons (You start with your buildings from moment 1 and it's all about getting them powered up rather than making more)

The ones who don't base build that sort of way would be more:

Marines: Drop pods and secured landing zones, some minor fortifications.
Eldar: Hidden webway portals allowing them to move between captured zones easily but no full base.
Tau: Drop turrets that are quickly removed when they are done with so they can be redeployed elsewhere but nothing long term.

Chaos could go either way depending on the exact mix of Marines/Cultists/Demons.
>>
>>47134630
I can agree with that. How would nids work best? I'm thinking that they could create some brood nests etc that spawn new small critters, whereas their bigger monsters would drop down in spores.
>>
>>47132052
Well, I played first DoW more for it's mods in the end. I also hope they will balance AIs so I would have nice, long and bloody battles. Right now it's this:
>on Hard, you moping the floor with AI
>on Very Hard, AI moping the floor with you
I miss first DoW battles, where I could destroy easily 2-3 hours to win.
>>
File: And thus spake Zarapusstra.png (284 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
And thus spake Zarapusstra.png
284 KB, 800x800
>>47132442

>Biel-Tan
>Needing a reason to fight other than REMOVE MONKEIGH KEBAB
>>
>>47134663

Honestly not sure. They never really turned up in DOW1.

I'd lean towards 'They can spawn small stuff in any captured territory as they infect the area'.

However by the same token, you can recapture territory held by them by burning out the infestation.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 673x696
>Mfw the imperial knights show up
Gimme scion guard and I don't even give a shit about the gameplay
>>
>>47134300
>They just produced your units, and didn't actually let you transport stuff between the gates.

There were gates that did that.
>>
>>47134630

Playing SOB would be pretty fun there. I could see it working like:

You can only build in territory adjacent to where you already have buildings but they automatically join that territory up with fortress walls when you do so. The first building in a territory has to be a Temple expansion before you can build any functional structures there.

Sorta like an expanding version of how the Lord of the Ring games gave you a single fortress that expanded outwards as it was upgraded.

Makes them ungodly good at holding core territory but they have a hard time with more out of the way stuff.
>>
>>47134842
Yes, and what I want, is for the production gates, and the transport gates, to be the same friggin structure. Well, there could be like 3 size categories of those gates, with smallest only being able to spawn infantry, while medium ones could bring out infantry more rapidly, as well as also allowing small to medium vehicles pass trough them, and biggest ones would let you bring heavy vehicles in, as well as deploy armies within a moment's notice.
>>
>>47134892
>Yes, and what I want, is for the production gates, and the transport gates, to be the same friggin structure.

Why? It does not matter. They just come out of the webway at your base then move into another gate.
>>
>>47134892
>>47134842

Did you guys ever play Universe at War?

I'm seeing the Eldar playing a lot like the robotic faction from that. They could shove any unit into their 'Network' to be teleported into any territory where they had network connection.

They sucked, hard, at a direct confrontation but they had the most mobile units even outside their ability to teleport so they were fantastic at hitting and pulling back.
>>
>>47132052
>What do you guys think?
I hate everything. Dawn of War III is therefore a piece of shit.
>>
>>47132160
IT was really weird call to make such a gritty trailer for a game that for all intents and purposes seems to be colourful
>>
WHO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-E1RcRvny8
DID
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTjyO_FncE4
IT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw
BEST?
>>
>>47134970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E9OG2Csph4

Necrons
>>
>>47134932
Yes it matters.
It changes the whole dynamic of how the race plays. If the only structure the faction has is a "factory" that also allows you to transport any existing units between those "factories", the way you play the race changes drastically, in comparison to if the race had more fixed base.

Instead of a single stronghold, the Eldar player could posses multiple, small outposts in the form of webway gate openings, are all interconnected, granting the player extreme mobility as well as the ability to act rather covertly, both of which are traits that fit very well to the Eldar.
>>
>>47134970
classic

Third one is real close though. The fever dream style is really fucking cool.
>>
>>47135000
>Yes it matters.

No it doesn't.

>It changes the whole dynamic of how the race plays.

No it doesn't, it's maybe an extra click to send people on their way.

>Instead of a single stronghold, the Eldar player could posses multiple, small outposts

Everyone can do that, you can make more than one base. The Eldar had the advantage of actually being able to move their bases and move through the webway.

Sounds like they already had everything you wanted.
>>
>>47134970
1 > 3 > 2
>>
>>47132052
Was excited but the actualy screenshots look like sc2, really stylised and colourful, like a comic book
>>
>>47135051
You don't get what I am saying m8.
What I am getting at is that the Eldar wouldn't even really have any bases proper, which they would need to defend. They should just have webwaygates placed here or there, trough which they could move their forces in and out across the battlefield. Not the DoW 1 style bs with extensive bases with all sort of retarded generators, shrines and shit.
DoW 1's webway gates, and the fact that you can teleport your stuctures has aspects of my ideal, but I would prefer it being taken way further.
>>
>>47133781
>Nothing remains unchanged by the music of creation!
>>
>>47134968
I felt like that trailer was drug inspired. It was like someones dream recreated
>>
>>47134970

New one is already my favourite. Intimidating Orks, resigned John Cena, majestic as fuck Banshees, Bekinski influence and rock em sock em robots. It's fucking great.
>>
>>47135108
>What I am getting at is that the Eldar wouldn't even really have any bases proper

They have gates.

> They should just have webwaygates placed here or there

You can do that. Their buildings are gates, you can build gates to move through.
>>
File: wtf warlock.jpg (141 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
wtf warlock.jpg
141 KB, 800x640
>>47135195
Are you being purposefully obtuse?
I know that the factories etc in which the Eldar produce their shit in dow 1 are "webway gates" in the sense that that's what the game tells you they are, and they have fancy little animation with the swirling energy and shit.
Functionally however, they are IDENTICAL to ork factories. They only share aesthetic differences.

I'll try to make this as simple to understand as possible. What I would like to see, in DoW 3, is for the Eldar to only possess a SINGLE type of gate, (with maybe few different size categories), that both allow you to transport units between gates, as well as work as your production facilities.

Keep it simple, cut the excessive basebuilding out that doesn't even fit the Eldar. Just have webway gates that work as both means of transportation, as well as production facilities.

Other factions, like orks, can have more extensive basebuilding, as it actually fits them.
>>
>>47135286
What do you think about stuff like requisition and power? Should Eldar be allowed to cap req points or should they get a steady stream from start to finish? Should power even be an object at all or a limited number to limit the amount of gates?
>>
>>47135365
Why wouldn't the Eldar cap resource nodes? They obviously should also gather resources like the other factions.

Anyways, I am way too tired to continue to discuss this in any further coherency.
Rather pointless anyways, seeing how we don't know jack shit about how DoW 3 basebuilding and unit production is gonna work.
>>
>>47135286
>What I would like to see, in DoW 3, is for the Eldar to only possess a SINGLE type of gate,

It does not matter. Functionally it's identical.
You have a gate, unit comes from gate.
That's what you want.
You have a gate, unit comes from gate, send it to another gate.
That's what we have.

Stop bitching about what amount to an extra click.
>>
File: 3057642-3.jpg (2 MB, 6980x3663) Image search: [Google]
3057642-3.jpg
2 MB, 6980x3663
Please for the love of God tell me this screenshot is wrong or fake or something. A handful of marines with a fucking TITAN?
>>
>>47135422
It's not a Titan.
>>
>>47135422
thats a imperial knight, not a titan
>>
>>47135422
>titan
>>
>>47135422
That's a knight, titans are fuckhueg
>>
>>47135422
If it were a titan, you would only be seeing it's feet
>>
>>47135422
A warhound would squish that thing and they are like the smallest imperial titans.
>>
>>47135422
Still waiting to hear how excommunicated marines get free blades to work with them.
>>
>>47132160
Dude the screenshot are concepts, they aren't from the game.
>>
>>47135439
>>47135442
>>47135444
>>47135452
>>47135474
>>47135480
Okay it's some Ad Mech mini-titan then. It's still fucking stupid. The unit sizes are clearly DoW 2 size, which is horrible, and looks wildly out of scale with that thing there.
>>
>>47135529
>The unit sizes are clearly DoW 2 size

They've said it's going to be DoW size.
>>
>>47135529
They've explicitly stated that the number of units will be significantly greater than in DoW2.
>>
>>47135552
>>47135549
Thank God then that that screenshot is wrong.
>>
>>47135529
>Don't know what Knights are
Holy fuck dude where have you been the last four years?
>>
File: Reaver-class_Titan1.jpg (573 KB, 1180x1368) Image search: [Google]
Reaver-class_Titan1.jpg
573 KB, 1180x1368
>>47135579
Not reading 40k codecies, obviously. Seriously other than the number of missiles in the pod it looks exactly like a fucking Reaver.
>>
>>47135418
I'm not bitching about anything. I am just explaining what I would find ideal.
And yes, it does matter, because it is a fundementally different approach to how the faction works. In DoW 1, Eldar have various types of factories, tech buildings, generators etc, and among those structures, there are the webway gates that actually work like webway gates and allow you to transport warriors between the gates.

This approach requires the Eldar to make bases, that they need to defend, and ties them down to a location (though, due to teleporting structures this is somewhat migated.)

However, if they instead just had singular type of webway gates, that fulfilled the purpose of both means of transportation, as well as production, the whole approach to basebuilding (or the lack of it as it would be in this case), would be entirely different.

Instead of tying oneself to a single location, one could spread a network of gates across the map, focusing more on mobility, and map control, instead of the development of a fortress like base.
>>
>>47135603
>or playing table top or even being in /tg/ at all
it's like you intentionally lived under a rock
>>
>>47135137
Yeah, that new trailer has legit my favourite aesthetic interpretation of Eldar ever. They really nailed the organic and, well, alien theme of them very well.
>>
>>47135648
You do not have to tie yourself to one location.
You have certain structures that are important for win mechanic game conditions but that's it.
You can move your building around, you can more than a single central base, you are the limiting factor.
A single click is what separates you from what you want.
>>
File: DoW 3 Eldar Banshee.png (2 MB, 1545x954) Image search: [Google]
DoW 3 Eldar Banshee.png
2 MB, 1545x954
>>47135708
Agreed.
The Eldar look friggin amazing in the trailer.
Too bad the ingame shots seem to indicate a completely different type of art direction.
>>
File: dawn of war 3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war 3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>47135739
>Generic fantasy skeleton
>good
>>
>>47135418
It's not just an extra click, it's an entire extra building you retard.
>>
File: 1462535684851.png (1 MB, 1280x654) Image search: [Google]
1462535684851.png
1 MB, 1280x654
>DOW fanboys will defend anything that relic's shit on them
>>
>>47135490
blood ravens aren't excommunicated
that was the entire point of retribution

also freeblades do whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>47135735
In DoW 1, it is not economically really wise to start constructing proxy bases, as they ad no real gain to you due to the fact that you don't need new bases for resource collection. By creating them, you are putting your assets into positions where you are less able to defend them.

That is however, besides the point.
What you don't seem to get is that I don't want the Eldar to have any bases, outside of just singular gates here and there, because I think that it is thematically inappropriate for the Eldar to have extensive bases like they did in DoW 1. The Eldar are not a race who construct fortifications etc on the battlefield.
There is a shitton of room for improvement in DoW 1 basebuilding system in general. It is one of the most boring, and stock standard systems I have ever witnessed. Even Red Alert 3 had more interesting basebuilding mechanics.

One of the improvements I would like to see in DoW 3, is that each race actually has their own, unique basebuilding, and unit production methods, and for the Eldar, I would like to see that being just them having mere webway gates, nothing else.
Spesh Muhreens can drop out of the sky while orks can retain more classic rts style mechanics.
>>
>>47134314
Coh2 is a shit game compared to the first one. If the game is a coh2 mod I will steer clear.
>>
>>47135739

It's the colour pallete which irks me,

Blud raybens have too bright shoulder pads and the Eldar are using bright green guns.

Would prefer it if they left weaponry the default colour and toned down the brightness and frequent use of that cream colour
>>
>>47135759
>wraithbone
>it totally should look like wraithplastic

yea, no
>>
>>47135852
CoH2 was such a weird damn thing. It had so many of the things I enjoyed about both CoH 1 and DoW 2. And yet, the whole thing just didn't really seem to fit together.
>>
>>47135822
It's not something I can source since I'm going off the words of someones comments during one of the earlier threads, but I'm pretty sure the comment complained to the end of "what was the point if the inquisition damned them anyway".

The inquisitor from the IG campaign tried to defend them or something but didn't succeed.
>>
>>47135873

Seeing as Aspect armour is made from bio-plastic and not wraithbone, yes it should.
>>
>>47135864
Well, it's still a fairly early build, and stuff like colour balance and lightning is something that gets fiddled around with a lot during the process of development. Things also often look quite a bit different in motion than they do in stills.
>>
>>47135973
all plastic is bio-plastic fampai.
>>
File: Hmm.png (31 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.png
31 KB, 207x207
>>47135973
are you the same dumb faggot who posted that picture yesterday, now complaining that wraith-bone looks a bit like - bone?
>>
>>47135864
ice+fire+bloom kind of kills the crimson/bone of the ravens

I'd hope the more conventional areas would look a little nicer, without all the conflicting and contrasting lighting effects.
>>
File: 101st Feels Regiment.png (897 KB, 900x1007) Image search: [Google]
101st Feels Regiment.png
897 KB, 900x1007
>>47132877
>tfw Guard isn't in the game and if it is it'll be DLC
>>
File: 1394628379935.jpg (108 KB, 646x610) Image search: [Google]
1394628379935.jpg
108 KB, 646x610
>>47135873
>Graceful space elves with corroded shit over them
BTW only dark reapers should use bone theme
>>
>>47135816
>it's an entire extra building you retard.

That you one click your unit inside.
>>
File: 1336362209972.png (260 KB, 874x892) Image search: [Google]
1336362209972.png
260 KB, 874x892
>>47135820
>base building
>looks to be spammy again
fuck, if i wanted DoW1 i'd play DoW. I'll stick to 2
>>
File: Naga-Siren-3077924.png (1 MB, 980x1400) Image search: [Google]
Naga-Siren-3077924.png
1 MB, 980x1400
>>47134968

Inspired by MOBAs man thanks GabeN.
>>
>>47134970
Wait, guys.

Now that we have the technology, imagine a game that looks as good as the original cinematic the entire time.
>>
>>47136047
>corroded

literally where?
>>
>>47136083
1 in 1000 pc's would probably be able to run that
>>
File: 1431567808872.png (491 KB, 900x617) Image search: [Google]
1431567808872.png
491 KB, 900x617
>>47136026
Are you a faggot that goes too literally over everything and thinks that ceramite is burned clay and adamantium is a made of diamonds?
>>
>>47135973
To be fair, Wraithbone is also a psycho-reactive plastic material. They may be the same thing, especially considering the function of the Eldar suit correlates almost directly with the whole purpose of Wraithbone to begin with.
>>
>>47136026

No idea what you're talking about. Are you the dumb faggot that thinks Banshees are made from wraithbone?
>>
>>47132442
I love would it, to no end, if it went like this

>Start fighting Orks
>Run into Eldar dickery
>Eldar be all enigmatic and shit
>suprise, the Eldar were trying to stop the Orks
>WAAAGH
>>
>>47134970
The third is fantastic. It's a tie between it and the original; but I will admit I have some nostalgia goggles.
>>
File: 1286307409419.jpg (117 KB, 352x259) Image search: [Google]
1286307409419.jpg
117 KB, 352x259
>>47136126
>wraithbone is described as an organic material
part of it's descriptor being bone so it either has properties of bone or similar appearance to it, these are safe bets and has lead to a unique and interesting appearance and you're made it's not.... what exactly?

>>47136134
>banshees are made from wraithbone
yes, literally the whole banshee
>>
File: 1376439801042.jpg (579 KB, 1200x1745) Image search: [Google]
1376439801042.jpg
579 KB, 1200x1745
>>47134812
>Imp Knights
>Wraithknights
Shit, that means we will get fucking STOMPAS
>>
>>47134970
I still love the theory that every commander up until the FC in 2 was either an idiot or just fucking around.
>>
>>47136241
Gorkanaughts, I'm afraid.
>>
File: aspectarmour.png (171 KB, 390x175) Image search: [Google]
aspectarmour.png
171 KB, 390x175
>>47136131

If they were the same they'd call them as such, rather than making a redundant distinction. Wraithbone is reserved for the big stuff with wraith in their name and the craftworlds themselves.

I personally like the look myself. It's not like DoW has ever adhered to canon and its purely aesthetic, but if the guy's gonna say it shouldn't like like plastic when it literally is that then I can't help but correct him.

This announcement was brought to you by Autism.ltd.
>>
>>47136241
>ork player trying to run away from reality
NOBZ
IN
A
NAUGHT
>>
File: 1438166613298.png (196 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
1438166613298.png
196 KB, 382x346
>>47136208
>part of it's descriptor being bone so it either has properties of bone or similar appearance to it
ceramite has part of it's descriptor being ceramics
so it either has properties of clay or similar appearance to it
adamantium means diamond in greek so
>so it either has properties of diamond or similar appearance to it
No shit Sherlock, no shit.
>>
File: Kill me.png (800 KB, 641x627) Image search: [Google]
Kill me.png
800 KB, 641x627
>>47136241

Chaos will be the 4th race but at a cost.
>>
>>47136273
Regardless, the materials in the suit are more likely than not a variation of Wraithbone, as both it and the material in the suit are almost identical superficially, right down to the psychic sensitivity.

I would also like to note, for everyone else, that Wraithbone is not organic in typical terms, though it grows in a similar fashion. The Eldar would be more than capable of making it (a psycho-plastic) flat with their enhanced crafting techniques.
>>
>>47136307
>ceramite
http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Ceramite
so, yes it has some properties of ceramics which are actually used in modern advanced protection.

>being this retarded
>>
>>47136329
We'll end up getting something lame rather than a Lord of Skulls?
>>
>>47136387
depends how lazy they're feeling. could be a reskinned Knight.
>>
>>47136370
Don't quote the Wikia, Anon. Some of the information on most of those pages is a slight stretch of canon. Though most of it makes perfect logical sense, including the additions, it's not the most reliable source for "fluff as written," arguments.
>>
>>47136329
Necrons seem a bit more likely, at least judging from that trailer.
>>
>>47136413
it's the sources on the page that matter, thus the link
>>
>>47136415
Trailer seems way more Chaos than Necrons.
Necrons only come from outside speculation, like the Overlord release and the Death message they tweeted.
>>
>>47136449

The Czevak quote in the trailer is from cron books.
>>
>>47136355

I'd argue they're most likely not seeing as the only personal armour entry in the codex to make mention of wraithbone specifically is farseer armour, whereas everything else is just "psycho-reactive materials". Codex also mentions there are "varied ectoplstics" of which wraithbone is the greatest, implying wraithbone is a specific type.
>>
>>47136084
>I think corrosion means bright red shit over metal.
>>
File: 99120103034_Gorkanaut01.jpg (57 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120103034_Gorkanaut01.jpg
57 KB, 600x620
>>47136260

> Somebody had to animate this thing walking
>>
>>47136473

It predates the Crons.
>>
>>47136449
The quote from the beginning of the trailer was first seen in one of the older Necron Codices, if I recall correctly. Though this doesn't necessarily prove anything, it's just something that was missed.
>>
>>47136415

Rooting for Necrons too, just like to taunt Chaos players with that hideous kids toy tanks.
>>
>>47136370
Surprise, it doesn't look like clay in real life nor 40k.
>>
>>47136495
Could always take a bit of artistic liberty and give it tracks, considering no Ork design is identical in fluff, entirely dependant on the Mekboy and materials that were cobbled together to make it.
>>
>>47136449
Apart from the already mentioned quote, the big old hole o' corpses kind of gave me a harvest fleet-y vibe.
>>
>>47135820
It looks a little... tight?
>>
File: drink-bleach.jpg (241 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
drink-bleach.jpg
241 KB, 500x667
>>47136519
neither do ceramics look like clay you dumb cunt. It's like you arguing that adamantium is diamonds which are carbon which is organic and saying "marine armor isn't made out of human flesh!"

go kill yourself
>>
Honestly, given that the Necron Overlord got the weird years later release in DoW2 as well, I'm really betting on Necrons as well.
>>
File: Necron thread.gif (489 KB, 550x600) Image search: [Google]
Necron thread.gif
489 KB, 550x600
>>47136583

Still hoping they re-release that trailer for a Necron body to fall on the fire, zoom in on its face when it's eyes flare to life and it gets up
>>
File: 5ed cron.jpg (109 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
5ed cron.jpg
109 KB, 500x400
>>47136606

Pile, not fire*
>>
File: 1436914574005.gif (2 MB, 199x215) Image search: [Google]
1436914574005.gif
2 MB, 199x215
>>47136595
>No i wasn't saying that space elves should have rotted bone armor if name of their material has word "bone" in it.
Suck my dick.
>>
>>47135820
You know people asked for base building have a long ass time and the lack of it was what killed DoW 2, they are just being smart and actually doing what they should
>>
>>47136473
>The Czevak quote in the trailer is from cron books.
>>47136502
>The quote from the beginning of the trailer was first seen in one of the older Necron Codices

It predates Necrons.
>>
File: rust_i.jpg (329 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
rust_i.jpg
329 KB, 900x675
>>47136477
Corrosion generally looks jagged, edgy, and uneven, spreading in semi-random patterns with varying depth and intensity.

While the Eldar suit in >>47135739 is very strongly ridged and textured, the design is also very deliberate and symmetrical. While the overall lines of it are wavy, the transitions from one feature to the next are all smoothed and rounded.
>>
>>47136477
> It is the gradual destruction of materials by chemical reaction with their environment.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrosion

show ANY corrosion on the eldar to me or fuck off
>>
>>47136727

It doesn't.
>>
>>47136666
>and the lack of it was what killed DoW 2

DoW2 died of regular old age, most games only have a limited lifecycle before the playerbase moves on. The lack of basebuilding wasn't a particular factor there.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
>>47135739
>>47136786
Looks like bone cancer.
>>
>tfw no Wargame: 40k
I just wanted larger scale battles and minimal basebuilding (since it makes very little sense).
>>
>>47136848
>It doesn't.

Yes it does. It's from 2e at least, Necrons didn't get their book until 3e.
>>
>>47136666
>please put sim-city bullshit into a game about huge armies fighting eachother

the scale is what turned away most traditional RTS players and it's still played today, far from a dead game you tasteless bitch

>>47136862
up the scale of DoW2, allow base building faggotry to be done by certain units vs being forced to do it at all and we'd have gold. but no we're going to get another bland as fuck RTS
>>
>>47136881

Where in 2e, I can inspect.
>>
>>47136851
And cancer is pretty much the polar opposite of decay, being unregulated growth. Checkmate, Atheists.
>>
>>47136923
Dude, people want a normal fucking RTS because this, and yes the game is dead, Retribution only has 600 people and thats on a busy day
>>
>>47136953
Nurgle would be proud of you.
>>
>>47136862

I would literally kill a man for this, and then rage when Ork flak shoots down half my Spess Marine Airborne Force.
>>
inb4 Dawn of Eldar 3.
>>
>>47136931
Codex Imperialis, page 95.
>>
>>47136965
Retribution is literally more than five years old at this point.
>>
>>47132389
You arent going to be choosing a specific faction for the campaign, you play with all of the different factions episodically one after another.
>>
>>47137148
Just like DoW 1 then ? to be fair the whole plot looks a lot like DoW 1, plus the gameplay
>>
File: elderp.png (787 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
elderp.png
787 KB, 1360x768
>>47136848
it's from a page with an image of some tyranids

>>47136830
Wraithknights look a little oxidized. Cockpit especially.

But I dig the look. Makes them look really old.
>>
File: 1462324656261.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462324656261.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Tfw it'll be five years from now and people will still cry over base building.
>>
>>47137333
>Cockpit especially.
Wraithknight cockpit is in the chest, just FYI.
>>
>>47137070

Yep, in the tyranid section and referring to tyranids.

Looks like its DoW2 again, with 2 chaos expansions.
>>
>>47132052
Might be cool, will probably be mediocre though just like the last three.
>>
>>47136495
They already did in Freeblade mobile game.
>>
>>47137333
What's with all the loose cables? Doesn't really gel with the established aesthetic.

Not that I mind, I'm all for reinterpretation of existing themes and styles.
>>
>>47137359
I thought they werent piloted mecha style but had a number of soulstones working together controlling it.
>>
>>47137420
It's piloted by twins, one living and one dead.
>>
>>47137359
is it? I thought it was revenant/phantom style
>>
Having started another playthrough of Dawn of War 1, I was wondering what mods do you recommend for a singleplayer experience?

On 1d4chan I read that Ultimate Apocalypse and Firestorm over Kronus are good, question is: Do they affect the campaign or are they solely for multiplayer?
>>
>>47137333
wait... is this DoW3? Does it have wraithknights?
>>
>>47137755
FoK is multiplayer only and disables the campaign option from the menu. Plus, I think you now need the latest expansion of DoW.

Probably the same for UA.
>>
>>47133857
good thing they had those walls
>>
>>47136965
>people want to eat shit
>this makes the shit good
>>
>>47137781
>he hasn't seen it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ZgyNoHtjw

the three races have their "new big unit"
knight, wraithknight, gorkanaut
>>
>>47137916
Now switch perspective.

>People wish to enjoy fine dining
>That cannot be allowed because I don't like it
>>
>>47137944
so what you're saying is your taste is shit. yes we can agree on that
>>
File: retard.png (96 KB, 752x333) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
96 KB, 752x333
>>47136965
>Retribution only has 600 people and thats on a busy day
>It's a stupid nigger talks about things he doesn't know episode
>>
>>47138023
What I'm saying is that just because you don't like base building doesn't mean its shit.
>>
File: 465.jpg (48 KB, 620x490) Image search: [Google]
465.jpg
48 KB, 620x490
>>47134663
Just look up tyranids mod for soulstorm. Their builder unit was a stealthed hive mind orb. You started with a fortress and it couldn't get too far from the fortress or it would lose health and die but you could build anywhere. Various types of spawning chambers for different units were available. Your units were weak at the start but you could update them through acclimating to the planet. It was a nearly perfect setup for tyranids; they swarm and if you don't stop them at the start you can't win in the end.
>>
>>47137420
>>47137468
Yep, in the chest. As >>47137464 mentions it's piloted by twins. Living one is curled up and controls it via mind-link alongside their dead twin.
>>
>>47135820
Those building styles remind me of the tau too much.
>>
>>47136965

Well I was just on Retribution literally five minutes ago and it had 1,600 people on, good to know you're full of shit.
>>
>>47137931
wow that's amazing, wraithknights and knights are pretty damn sweet.

I just hope that if Chaos shows up, their equivalent is not a big, slow, ineffective, single god greater daemon
>>
File: Screenshot011.jpg (945 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot011.jpg
945 KB, 1920x1080
>>47138352
>>
File: protosskeyboard.jpg (34 KB, 590x436) Image search: [Google]
protosskeyboard.jpg
34 KB, 590x436
>>47138422
>1 base
>3k minerals
BRONZE LEAGUE HEROES
>>
>>47138402

It will be all those things except a greater daemon.
>>
>>47135841
>That is however, besides the point.
What you don't seem to get is that I don't want the Eldar to have any [buildings], outside of just [buildings] here and there, because I think that it is thematically inappropriate for the Eldar to have extensive [buildings] like they did in DoW 1.
>>
>>47138674

>the chaos super unit will be a fucking LatD Malcador
>only two marks available, Nurgle and Slaanesh
>they have the same textures and both are covered in weird growths oozing goo
>only visual difference is the palette
>>
>>47136273
It's literally saiyan armor.

>Thousands of years ago there existed an Eldar so powerful he couldn't control himself. He could only keep this power in his God form and became known as Slaanesh. But his power was too radical to control and he destroyed the region of space the Eldar originally lived in.

>Some Eldar survived and made new homes. They carried with them the remote chance to become a Super Eldar. Then the evil emprah saw the Eldar becoming powerful again and feared that their superiority, despite their small numbers, would be his undoing. So he destroyed their new Craftworlds. But the emprah is destined to be destroyed by one legendary Eldar warrior that will not only defeat him, but his entire evil galactic empire single-handedly.
>>
>>47138876
it's literally guyver armor
>>
>>47138876

Combined with Asurmen's Goku speech in his book and the fact the Tears of Morai-Hegg are pretty much dragonballs, you might be onto something here.

>Find out next time on Spirit Stone Z!
>>
>>47138402
>big, slow, ineffective

But that's the Chaos I know and love.
>>
File: Jenny.jpg (194 KB, 673x762) Image search: [Google]
Jenny.jpg
194 KB, 673x762
>>47138876
>Implying one these warriors didn't fell in love with one of the genetic sons of emprah.
>>
>>47138422
The only one that looks anything similar to it its the commander center, and just because it is round
>>
>>47134763
>not REMOVE MONKEIGHBAB
One job, anon.
>>
File: laughingbloodangel3.png (176 KB, 252x323) Image search: [Google]
laughingbloodangel3.png
176 KB, 252x323
>>47139504

How is that the first time I've ever seen that joke made?
>>
File: the storm of cuteness.png (212 KB, 595x900) Image search: [Google]
the storm of cuteness.png
212 KB, 595x900
>>47139281

Jenny Z is cute. CUTE.
>>
>>47137333
>Cockpit especially.
The living eldar pilot is situated in the chest, not the head
>>
>>47132052
Kill it with fucking fire.

>Only three factions
>Reduced graphics because devs are incompetent
>base building is back (pls no)
>tabletop creep is now in the game with them inserting fucking knights for no good reason
>>
>>47135452
Waot, how big ARE titans, exactly?
>>
File: 1431836760342.jpg (422 KB, 1138x1600) Image search: [Google]
1431836760342.jpg
422 KB, 1138x1600
>>47139958
Here's a Warlord for scale
>>
File: 16398_warhammer_40k_chaos.jpg (522 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
16398_warhammer_40k_chaos.jpg
522 KB, 2560x1600
>In times of basebuilding
>I shall rush.
>In times of casuals.
>I shall git gud.
>In throes of rage
>I shall hone my map presence.
>In multiplayer
>I shall have no mercy
>In the midst of 3 races
>I shall have no choices.
>In the face of flat and matte
>I shall have no style.

DOW2 WAS PERFECT.

>OH I CAN'T DEAL WITH THE MAP PRESENCE OF THE FUCKING AI.
FUCK YOU.
>OH I WANT TO SPEND HALF AN HOUR BUILDING A FUCKHUGE BASE WITH MY HIVE PLANET SIMULATOR
FUCK YOU.
>I DON'T LIKE TINY SPACE MARINE SQUADS. I WANT THEM TO BE 10 UNITS AGAIN. WHAT'S TABLETOP.
FUCK YOU.
>SHIT DIES TOO FAST, MY APM IS TOO BAD, MULTIPLAYER IS UNFORGIVING NOW, I DON'T UNDERSTAND COVER.
FUCK YOU.

NOW WE'RE GETTING THIS SHIT. THIS MOBA-TAINTED HELL HYBRID. EMPEROR FUCKING DELIVER US.
>>
File: Warlord Titan.png (455 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
Warlord Titan.png
455 KB, 640x361
>>47139958
Really big.

There's a contemptor in this picture, can you find it?
>>
>>47140020
>DoW2scum complaining about moba
>Is the moba
>>
>>47135051
They also could cloak the fuck out which was needo drop gateway drop turrets click tgat shit up and then proceed to kite orks into the fire.
>>
>>47135739
Honestly my favourite thing about the trailer. This is what Eldar should be: semi-gigeresque aliens with some creepy/uncanny valley semblance of humanity rather than glorious, beautiful space elves.
>>
>>47140384
>This is what Eldar should be: semi-gigeresque aliens

Eldar are Elves, that is what they should be.
>>
File: Macha shows her warface.jpg (157 KB, 495x350) Image search: [Google]
Macha shows her warface.jpg
157 KB, 495x350
>>47132052
I'm happy to see that Gabe and Macha are back.
>>
>>47135422
>>47135603
It's a crusader knight from House Terryn
>>
Blood Ravens also stole some Imperial Knights...
>>
File: 1368558170437.jpg (364 KB, 618x800) Image search: [Google]
1368558170437.jpg
364 KB, 618x800
>>47140384
Except that's fucking wrong. They're elves, in spess. Their strangeness comes from uncanny valley of being vaguely similar to humans, and how all of the things that they do are almost mystical by comparison.

It's how they were, and how they are, and how they should be. And if we go back far enough, they're also glam rockers.
>>
File: This is pleasing to me.png (14 KB, 186x190) Image search: [Google]
This is pleasing to me.png
14 KB, 186x190
>>47132877
>Just slowly spreading front lines over the map until you choke the enemy out completely
>>
Honestly, I like both DoW titles so far. I don't believe base building suits every factions. IG and Orkz are glorious in DoW1. IG building doubling has bunkers with a tunnel system and orkz with grenchin sentry over every roof fits perfectly. On the other end, SM, CSM and eldar shouldn't be raising cities every where they fight. SM are an elite force that specialize in lightning strikes, they spearhead the offensive, secure a beach head for the guards then move where the fighting is the thickest. In the regard DoW2 was better.

I'd be hard to balance a game with such asymmetrical factions but once can always dream.
>>
>>47132052
>no Imperial Guard
Frankly, why even play?
>>
>>47136045
Why must Guardbros suffer like this, always?
>>
>>47140384
>semi-gigeresque aliens
No

>some creepy/uncanny valley semblance of humanity
>glorious, beautiful space elves.
Yes
>>
File: beksinski.jpg (48 KB, 607x768) Image search: [Google]
beksinski.jpg
48 KB, 607x768
>>47140384
>Giger

It's Beksinski, you gigapleb.
>>
File: 1433269631733.jpg (347 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1433269631733.jpg
347 KB, 1600x900
>>47132877
And that is how you win in the Imperial Guard.

The only way it could be any better is if you could have Guardsmen dig trenches like Brits in Coh 1, and just trench hop forward.
>>
File: MASTER.jpg (50 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MASTER.jpg
50 KB, 1280x720
>>47138422
>zerg has one base
>has ultras
FUCKING CASUALS REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47140020
DOW2 was shit
>>
>>47143697
It was okay. The campaign was fun.
>>
>>47143697

It was an above-average small squad real time tactical game.

For those of us who want to play army-scale RTS, it's like substituting toothpaste for muddled mint in your julep.
>>
>>47136083

I can't afford the hardware to run that game, though.
>>
>>47132428
He hasn't died before, sure he'll outlive Angelos.
>>
File: DeathwingJimProfit.jpg (305 KB, 1366x741) Image search: [Google]
DeathwingJimProfit.jpg
305 KB, 1366x741
>>47132052
>Dawn of War was shit.
>DoW was a bigger pile of shit.

>For some reason OP isn't talking about Deathwing.
>>
>>47143697
The campaign and last stand was good, and I like how it made units actually hold value instead of just throwing units at something until it dies, but for whatever reason, I couldn't stand playing skirmishes.
>>
>>47132052
Where are the fucking Necrons tho
>>
>>47132052

Why are all the bodies falling into a Tyranid Vagina?
>>
>>47145462
Because Mariachi Marines are fun
>>
>>47135603
You're seriously underestimating their size, anon.
>>
>>47146722

Are the High Elf phoenixes really that big?
>>
>>47143697
>All these people who want endless sequels.

You and your ilk are the cancer upon society.
Relic.
Had Relic guys followed your inane methodology, you wouldn't have your precious DoW1 in the first place because they'd be shitting out copy-pasted Homeworld sequels left and right.

Instead, they were constantly making new and enjoyable games... and you faggots complained all the time.
Now they're dumbing their game down to fulfill your wishes of a DoW clone in better graphics.

Seriously, go choke on some dice, anon.
>>
>forcing you to play as all 3 races in the campaign
>gameplay sounds kinda weird
>graphics are meh, aesthetic is shit
>no tanks, only meh walkers
The hype died pretty quick, but maybe the gameplay trailer will be better
>>
>>47140020
>>I DON'T LIKE TINY SPACE MARINE SQUADS. I WANT THEM TO BE 10 UNITS AGAIN. WHAT'S TABLETOP.
Tabletop is a place where marines come in squads of ten
>>
>>47140003
fuk!
double take I thought that was some cosplay shit
>>
I'm just excited for based Macha and Gabriel again desu
>>
>>47132052
My thoughts? The captain of the Blood Ravens died.
>>
>>47147578
>captain
Each company has a captain, anon
If you're talking about Angelos, he survived Retribution and got robot bits
>>
>>47135820

Where are screenshots from and where can I find more of them?
>>
>>47147578
>Gabriel dying, ever
>>
>>47132442
>Chaos
Chaos will be in the campaign.

Multiplayer will be DLC.
>>
>>47138166
>if you don't stop them at the start you can't win in the end.

The issue with that is that it means that factions that prefer to turtle (Like say, the Guard) have no options to deal with them at all.

You basically just have to outrush them, something some factions do much better than others.
>>
>>47147684
Well, in-universe the Guard doesn't turtle when faced with Nids either. They send in Chimeras loaded with Plasmavets or Kasrkin to mow down whatever is skittering around already while the rearguard burns the countryside and drains lakes, waiting to bring on the Leman Russ Tank hordes as soon as they arrive.
>>
>>47146775
For you
>>
File: dawn_of_war_3_reveall_screen_1.jpg (340 KB, 1920x1079) Image search: [Google]
dawn_of_war_3_reveall_screen_1.jpg
340 KB, 1920x1079
>>47132052
No-one's mentioned the fact that they have removed the cover system from DoW2 in favour of "If you're in this big circle you get a defence bonus"?
>>
>>47147733
I've got no idea why they did that. The whole CoH-style cover system was one of the best things about DoW2, and the new style, while better for larger-scale battles, frankly just looks like shit.
>>
>>47143190
We die standing!
>>
>>47147733
People wanted DoW, Relic gave them DoW.

It is the original game's cover system, just more visually apparent than a shield icon overhead.
I wonder what did they do with morale.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.