[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many times have you been married? In-game, I mean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 23
How many times have you been married?
In-game, I mean
>>
File: kagaritakamiyaop[1].jpg (254 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kagaritakamiyaop[1].jpg
254 KB, 1280x720
>>47130726
I once played a married character with an off-screen wife, but actually interacting with your wife or being married to someone in the group would be too awkward for me.
>>
>>47131049
Your DM never tried killing her for drama?
>>
A few times yeah. Not often when it was important to the game though.
>>
I honestly can't remember. My characters get married at some point more often than not, though it's pretty rare that their spouse plays more than the most minor supporting role.
>>
>>47130726
My character met his to-be wife, then promptly travelled to the future during shenanigans, where he ended up realizing his attraction to her and courting her. Then he went back in time, re-courted her retroactively, and her life is considerably happier now. In half a millenia, she had never found an appropriate longterm partner.
>>
>>47130726
In highschool our dm kept twisting around the stories so that my characters ended up married to the villains.
It was her way of letting me know that she liked me and I was too dense to take the hint. She eventually got fed up, gave a rather forceful handjob in a movie theater and point black asked me to be her boyfriend
>>
>>47134159
>gave a rather forceful handjob in a movie theater and point black asked me to be her boyfriend
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>47134159
Tell us more about how the handjob situation happened.
>>
My character is about to marry another PC. That should be the end of it. Y'know, after he clears his name of the murder charge.
>>
>>47134259
We went to a shitty horror movie as we often did, she positioned herself under my arm as she often did, she whispered dumb stuff in my ear as she often did, she ran her fingers through my hair as she often did. I thought nothing of it because at this point it had become normal top me, I assumed that's just how friends who are girls behaved.

Suddenly she slids her hand down my pants and started going to town on me. Telling me to stay still, to stay quiet, to close my eyes, to look at her, to not look at her, to tell her how it felt and so on. It was just minutes but it felt like an eternity, I jizz, she tells me I can go get changed at her house, we leave mid-movie, her parents aren't home, I lose my V.

And just like that boom, first girlfriend
>>
>>47134611
You son of a bitch, how dare you live the life I always wanted.
>>
>>47134611
That sounds like sexual assault, bro
>>
>>47134765
depends if he's okay with it

then it's sexy ol' assault
>>
>>47134611
>first girlfriend
And only one, I hope.
If you don't stay with a chick like that, you're literally retarded.
>>
>>47134611
No offense but she sounds like a slut
>>
>>47130726
The BBEG in one of my campaigns was my characters wife.
>>
>>47134902
>fuck one dude who she's clearly been lusting after for a while
>slut
I'm no feminist, but come on.

She does sound a little crazy though. I bet she's a handful.
>>
>>47135021

She was draping herself over him and he thought it was just 'good friends'. He needed a clue-by-four over the head.
>>
>>47134159
>>47134223
>>47134259

Well thats one way to get the point across.
>>
>>47135500
Anime protagonist, dense as fuck
>>
>>47134786

Im guessing he was if he followed it up with with giving her a solid dicking.
>>
>>47135768

Okay, are we talking like shonen hero dense or harem comedy dense?
>>
She married her two best friends who were two other PCs in the party.
They did it symbolically that they would stick together, no matter what. Also in case one of them was to die, things had been legally sorted and the remaining two would inherit her belongings and property.
They've even slept together to officiate the union however, despite that their relationship is mostly platonic.
I say mostly because we all seem to be playing them as slowly developing actual romantic feelings toward each other.
>>
>>47130726

Once.
>>
>>47135997
What's the differance?
>>
>>47134611
>she positioned herself under my arm as she often did, she whispered dumb stuff in my ear as she often did, she ran her fingers through my hair as she often did. I thought nothing of it because at this point it had become normal top me, I assumed that's just how friends who are girls behaved.
Laughing so hard at this.
>>
The times where it had repercussions,

>Married the goblin queen, helped to foster relations between races and brought a shitty village to prominence as a small but wealthy kingdom with a goblin/human monarchy.
>Politically married the the chieftess of a tribe of the beast people, an anthro horse woman. Served to unite the beast people into a proper force rather than many broken tribes, and assist against the big evil threat.
>Married an NPC of no particular standing, as a symbolic act to create a monarchy for humans to follow in an apocalypse situation. My character and her were the only humans a dragon could find, and though we weren't aware of his plans, eventually he sort of forced us to get married so that his plan could continue. He had a very heavy hand in the controlling the relationship, needless to say.
>>
>>47136072

Shonen hero dense is 'ignores the person who loves him to go after someone who hates him'.

Harem comedy dense is 'gets kissed on the lips, doesn't get it'.
>>
>>47136321
All from the same GM?
>>
File: forceful_handjob.jpg (541 KB, 1157x890) Image search: [Google]
forceful_handjob.jpg
541 KB, 1157x890
>>47134159
>>47134611
Fukken saved.
>>
>>47137761
No, different games and different DMs.
>>
>>47134710
I was scared as hell when it happened but it all turned out great.

>>47134765
It sounds kinda bad and she was two years older than me, but I assure you it was everything I could have wanted out of a first girlfriend.

>>47134811
No, she graduated and took off for college. We kept seeing each other during her breaks, going to the movie theater again but the magic was gone by that point.

>>47134902
>>47135021
Not a slut, but I wasn't her first.
She had her issues that she tried to keep hidden from me, wanted me to only see "the best of her". Sometimes showed up late at my house to cry on my shoulder for a solid 20 minutes, then a blowjob. Brief moments in an otherwise perfect relationship. I always thought of her as a teenage Moticia Addams, the skewed perspective of a lovestruck horny teenager.

>>47135500
>>47136153
I was barely 15 and not used to hanging out with girls, cut me some slack.

>>47135994
It was my first time, it wasn't good but she was a trooper. I got better with time and practice.
>>
>>47139270

Nah, I was pretty clueless at 15 myself anon. The person I lost my V card to I introduced to MUDs.
>>
>>47130726
None, but I'm planning on having my character propose after this next bit of questing. He wouldn't want to break a promise just because he got mind-fucked by vampires and turned into an undead thrall.
>>
>>47139270
yeah......no, she raped you
>>
>>47134223

It's pretty mysterious, I'll grant you that.
>>
>>47140602

Oh hell yeah she raped him
>>
File: what-a-story-mark.gif (846 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
what-a-story-mark.gif
846 KB, 500x280
>>47134611
>>
>>47130726
Never. Even in game, I can't get any.
>>
>>47130726
Two, the same character.
>>
>>47130726
Married four times, divorced three. All redheads.
I shed a tear when my GM completely missed the joke.
>>
>>47130726

Honestly, I've been married a few times in a game, one time it was so save the world, a couple times out of political convince in some Pathfinder or L5R game.

One really sticks to mind as I type this. it must of been 5 or 6 years back in a BESM game.

It's funny, I was 27, living in my own place after some effort, was renting a decent sized mobile unit, had a new neighbor just move in, nice family, dad was cool if not a bit of a metal head, mom was a nurse, they had two kids, a 15 year old daughter and a 10 year old son.

Nice family, I've always been a bit of a shut in myself, I know someone's going to say it so I'll say it first, I was and still am a Beta motherfucking neckbeard. I was still playing with group of other neckbeads in some Dark Heresy game.

So it was a Skype game, I don't tend to do well face to face, any who I must of been kinda loud that day because I glanced out my open window to see her looking perplexed as I'm loudly describing turning my heavy stubba on a cultist or someshit.

I thought "Well better to let the neighbors learn I'm weird now than later when they invite me for a BBQ or something."

Anywho I'll get to the point in the next post.
>>
>>47142748

So a couple hours later, sun was just starting to go down, I'm wraping up, saving character files and documents, when I hear a knock on my window.

The neighbor girl.

I of course hesitantly muttered a "Uh can I help you or something?"

She asked what game I was playing, if I played games like DnD. She got a pretty happy smile on her face when I confirmed that I had been playing tabletop games for probably as long has she's been alive.

Then she starting asking for help with a BESM character, her skype friends, most of them friends from her hometown wanted to keep in contact with her through a shared love of table top. I tried to help the best I can, and when she got a decent enough wizard type character she got called home.

A few days later I got asked if I wanted to join the game....
>>
>>47140602
>>47141135
She didn't rape me, I wanted it
>>
>>47130726
Why would anyone married go adventuring for personal gain? Why would anyone with /any/ attachments go adventuring for personal gain instead of being with their loved ones?
>>
>>47142816

Lets lets talk serious for a second, picture a 27 year old Grognard who's vast experience in gaming was playing the grimmest of darkest games. Shot and slaughtered in the name King, throne, Emperor, or for whatever cause the party was talking up.

And I just got asked to join a skype game by my neighbors high school aged daughter, for what I gathered was basically a Magical girl game of some type.

Every fiber of my being was screaming at me to say "Nope, no, not happening, nope"

I ended up saying yes. It didn't conflict with my schedule in anyway, so I started talking to her group on skype.

I kept asking questions like "What roles need filed" and "who's playing the tank" like the well trained PF fag I was at the time.

To their credit, they didn't immediately laugh me out of the Skype call, turns out it was one groups that was in it for mostly the story.

The setting was a generic light hearted fantasy world, the group was mostly made up young wizard students, and I settled on playing a not magically strong character who traveled with them as a guardian of sorts.

I'm not going to lie, we had some adventures, stopping bandits, using magic to end a drought, soothing tormented nature spirits, we' have entire sessions where we wouldn't so much has fight once. After sessions I'd stay up, probably a bit to late talking about the session and bullshit.

Still the best game I ever had. No lie.

So as role playing games go, being the guy in the group of magical wizard girls, I eventually got Tuxedo masked. I ended up role playing a sort of light pg romance as the stern protector with one of the wizard students having a crush on him. Eventually (to a considerable amount of initial discomfort) this led to a role played relationship, and eventual in game marriage. With the character of my neighbor.
>>
File: Princess carry.gif (865 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Princess carry.gif
865 KB, 400x400
>>47131049
>>
File: slashtg secret girlfriend.jpg (238 KB, 781x1424) Image search: [Google]
slashtg secret girlfriend.jpg
238 KB, 781x1424
>>47134159
Are fa/tg/uys secretly harem protagonists?
>>
>>47143009

So lets me again, I'm a now 28 year old single gamer, who's more or less the only off line friend of a 16 year old neighbor who bonded over tabletop games, and now I'm having a bit of a crisis, because my dense ass didn't realize that she was attempting, awkwardly to go somewhere with this.

after about a year in this game, with every other week sessions, in game the girls have all graduated from wizard school, and we have become wandering magical hero's for hire with me as their trusted guardian knight and husband to one of the characters.

Out of game I'm obivious, sure she hung out allot, and when she was not, she had me on Skype.

So one day I get Skyped by another member of the group, we chat for a bit and she asks me the mission dollar questions.

"Hey Anon, when are you going to actually ask X out"

I'd like to think that I responded well, with a manly and awesome statement about age differences or something, I'm sure reality had me mutter something pathetic like "What, huh, what, who's asking who out? What? What?"

When I wasn't around, she had been talking her friends up about how nice and cute I was (I'm neither nice nor cute, at all).

It turns out she had been harboring a crush on me for a while, I'm still dense as fuck me, so I don't catch this and when I'm slamed with the realization of this I can only mutter out a slightly pathetic sounding "But... But I'm 28... that can't work out"

Yeah sorry guys, I did in fact believe that a 12 year age gap is a bit much to date. I also don't consider it smart to date an underage girl.

So after having a literal magical romance in game, I have to break her real life heart with the reality of the situation, there is no way I can date a minor, I can't do it, I'm sorry, she's a nice girl, but it wouldn't be right.

She was pretty hurt, she didn't do well with guys at school, or people general, she made me promise her on the spot that if she was still single when she turned 18 I'd take her out for a date.
>>
So, be 28 year old me, I just shattered the heart of a 16 year old girl with a crush, I'm down about it for a couple weeks, the other players decide to take a couple weeks off from game as she didn't really feel like playing for a bit.

Her friends give me a hell of a time, what in the hell do they know, there still wet behind the ears high school students, I lived in the real world where older guys to to maxim-pound-me-in-the-ass security prison for hooking up with underage girls.

We eventually get the game back on proper footing, I'm still friends with the, I wasn't kicked out of the group my character didn't die falling in a well like the GM threatened. It was weird, and didn't feel right at all, but the game was winding down. ending a few months later with the party retiring and becoming teachers at the school, and my character and neighbor girls character still happily married.

The Real me, ended up joining a Deathwatch game afterwards, but it doesn't do anything with me, it bores the shit out of me, there was none of the spark of life that last game had. I don't make it 2 months before I opt out.

I stayed friends with Neighbor girl, we'd talk sometimes on Skype, it seems she's over the whole crush thing. When another game was being started up by them later that year, I jumped in with both feet.

So lets fast forward a bit, I'm now 30 year old me. more or less in the most casual M&M game ever. Her birthday was a couple days before. I won't pretend that I wasn't secretly both dreading this and looking forward to it.

I had spent more than a few nights up late chatting with her about her bad luck with guys, I had to have the whole talk with her dad about how "Yes I'm aware of her age, no I'm not trying to get in her pants, yes I fear the penal justice system"

Weirdly enough, her dad was extremely cool with me by the time she hit 18. Mom long before then kept making come over for dinner as I was living largely off Ramen and fast food.
>>
>>47143270
>>47143582

Oh look at me not quoteing back to the prior post right, sorry this is getting long winded.

I had assumed she forgot about the whole promise thing. I had more than one.

Oh she didn't, about 2 weeks after her 18th birthday she asked "So when are we going to have that date?"

Welp shit, I did make a promise, and she had been through some shit, I work out a date and time with her, we decide to make it simple, movie, dinner at a semi nice restaurant.

To cut an already long story short, her parents sign off of the whole thing, having been a friend of the family for a few years by that point. the date goes well enough, we both have good time.

That was 3 years ago, and to tie this back on topic, that was the reason that particular in game marriage stuck out the most.

Now if you all will excuse me I have a 1 year old girl that's up past her bed time.
>>
File: WITNESSED.jpg (1 MB, 1428x3624) Image search: [Google]
WITNESSED.jpg
1 MB, 1428x3624
>>47143270
My inner f/a/ggot tells me to call you all kinds of gay slurs for not taking what sounds like grade-A DFC.

As a functional human and a /fit/izen though, I will tell you that if you play your cards right, you could very well end up living the dream. Nerdy waifu 10 years younger than you and totally smitten with the (presumable) loser that you are. She didn't have you make that promise as a backup, she needed you to understand HER promise to YOU.

I can't say I understand what you're feeling with this situation, or that I understand just how much of an awkward fucker you are, but I will say that you shouldn't just throw away an opportunity like this. If nothing else, consider it long and hard before you make your decision. Memes aside, anon to anon, this is the kind of scenario a lot of fuckers will pray their entire lives to get a chance at, and will never even get close to. For whatever it's worth, you're living the desideratum that a lot of sad fuckers like us would trade everything they've ever owned just for. Choose wisely.
>>
>>47143670
Please tell me you found a decent job to support your family, for fuck's sake
>>
>>47143672

Well that was 3 years ago, and yeah I ended up taking her up on that date. And quite a few more after that.

In case it wasn't clear enough we have a daughter now
>>
File: goodthingshappensometimes.jpg (603 KB, 848x1438) Image search: [Google]
goodthingshappensometimes.jpg
603 KB, 848x1438
>>47143672
>>47143670
Holy shit, forgive my impatient autism.

You really fucking did it. Fucking saved. You're the most successful fa/tg/uy I've ever seen. I wish you and your family all the best, you lucky son of a bitch.
>>
>>47143710

I already had a decent job, But we did recently move up to a small 2 bedroom house about 5 months back.
>>
>>47142901
You admited of being afraid of it, not understanding what was going on. You went as friends, she went as something else. She was older than you, in a position of authority(gm, it still counts) and she took advantage of you. There's also the gem of her losing interest when you started aging up.

She textbook corced and statutory raped you. You retroactively convinced yourself that you were on board with it. She used you. I'm sorry, man.
>>
>>47130726
0 times. I'm 21 and the idea of marriage seems so foreign to me I could hardly even imagine it
>>
>>47143821
Or maybe he was just an awkward fucktarded teenager like most of us were at the time with a girl who was a little overeager and very frustrated. I know /tg/ has gotten pretty lefty lately, but not EVERYTHING is rape.
>>
Once, in an epilogue
>>
File: 1348281153136.jpg (8 KB, 251x249) Image search: [Google]
1348281153136.jpg
8 KB, 251x249
>>47143821
>She used you. I'm sorry, man
that lucky- err poor sap
>>
>>47143821
How does it feel do be such an uptight low-t beta cuck

Older assertive women are hot.
>>
>>47143821
>>47143918

Wait, Not to complicate this at all, how old was she and how old was he, I remember him mentioning that she was a couple years older.
>>
>>47143821

OH this thread went to a dark place.
>>
>>47143997
He was 15, assuming she was literally a couple years older, this puts us at 17. Technically legal in a lot of states, but no court would seriously indict the girl, especially given they had what sounds like a pretty alright relationship spring from it. This is just a couple anons trying to impose their jade-colored lenses on everyone.
>>
>>47144238

I don't think we can call that Statutory then, I mean I'm pretty sure if she was 18 then yeah, that's statutory rape.

I'm still giggling like a 12 year old a the idea of "a rather forceful handjob"
>>
File: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (53 KB, 500x470) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.jpg
53 KB, 500x470
>>47130726
>How many times have you been married?
>In-game, I mean

That's a damn good question.
my PCs in two different games are several centuries old.
So both of them may have been married at some point.
>>
File: 1395691190455.png (594 KB, 1935x1091) Image search: [Google]
1395691190455.png
594 KB, 1935x1091
>>47143670
>>47143672
So could you two give some advice? I'm in similar place.

She's 17, I'm 25, we started fucking on halloween night when she was still 16, went out for a couple of months before that. I work in town, she goes to a boarding school nearby, her parents know and don't care, they just dumped her at the school after the divorce. I took her to my folks' place for the holidays, she made a good impression. I believe I'm not as much a loser as this guy presented himself.

Anyway, the crux of the matter is this:
She doesn't wanna go to college, she doesn't wanna go back to either of her parents. She wants to move in and be the housewife, wait till I'm ready to pop the question, have my kids, move to an actual house, raise the family, grow old together. The whole nine yards.

Please help
>>
>>47144363

Okay, sorry but bear in mind I'm now on a cellphone rocking a baby, but let me ask a few questions.

1.) Are you financially stable?
2.) Do you love her, or are you just hitting it?
3.) What do *you* want to see happen here Anon?
>>
>>47144363
How does /tg/stuff come into play?
>>
>>47143997
>>47144238
I was 15, she was 17, it lasted for about a year. Before the handjob I was leading her on being a dense fuck for about 6 months when I was still 14.
>>
>>47144363

She's 17. She wants this now, because she has this idealized image of what's going to happen, and she has absolutely zero conception of time scales longer than a few months. Her brain's just not wired for it. If you follow through on this, you have better than even odds to end up with pain and suffering, possibly some nasty collateral damage.

I'd start pumping the brakes, and encourage her to become a person first and your partner second, rather than a vestigial organ you feed and house.
>>
>>47144503

Well that doesn't sound as bad as >>47144363
who is *Actually* committing parent approved. statutory rape.

>>47144519

Yeah Honestly, he's not wrong, I have a friend who was the 15 year old love struck GF of the 20-somthing, they had a kid together, and since the divorce she's been doing kinda poorly, bouncing between relationships and struggling on minimal wage and child support.
>>
File: swolympus.gif (577 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
swolympus.gif
577 KB, 300x168
>>47144363
I'm /fit/ anon, fucking get her to chill before you do anything. The /tg/ legend here was able to do what he did because he was already established and had a gf whose family was totally cool with everything that was happening and would've served as a solid fallback in a worst-case scenario. She was also pretty head-over heels for him for at least a couple years, and shared most of his hobbies. Literal best-case scenario.

You haven't said much about your relationship with her, or your own situation. Without knowing anything else, I'd counsel you to keep things where they are for the time being. Kids are no joke, and at the risk of sounding more misogynistic than I am (which is significantly), daddy issues are a hell of a ride. Give us more to work with if you want better advice.
>>
>>47130726
A few.

In Mechwarrior, my noble-born Mechwarrior had to retire after his father died. His older brother was heir apparent to the Dukedom, but after the brother's tragic death in a car crash, it was his duty to marry and produce an heir. So he reluctantly entered into a political marriage with a woman he didn't love (because he was gay).

It was good way to retire the character. Mechwarrior 3rd Ed's aging tables were fucking brutal, and he had just started taking penalties.
>>
>>47144609

I'm backing up /Fit/ Anon here, but Lets break this down into hard economics here, you generally want to be making at least 3 times the amount of money your putting towards rent per month for comfort and to cushion any disaster that might take place such as a car breakdown or... whatever.

You might be able to milk by on twice rent, but if you have a kid with her, your going to be droping allot of cash on utilities, baby clothes (you will be fucking shocked how quick babies grow out of clothes) Car seats, Diapers, formula if she's not able to breast feed (at up to 10~12 bucks a can, and at first your going to easily 6 cans a month)

Not to mention normal non child stuff like car maintenance, gas, food, bills, internet and so on.

It's not hard to start a family, but Jesus you better have the cash to keep one, which is a royal bitch if your lady friend is trying to house wife it up.
>>
>>47130726
Once. The campaign dwindled off without a real ending but during it we had a 5-year time skip during which my sorcerer-priest married his childhood friend.
>>
File: 1444711011320.jpg (21 KB, 307x430) Image search: [Google]
1444711011320.jpg
21 KB, 307x430
>>47144413
1)I'm doing very well for myself, good job with chance of moving upm
2)I like her, I care about her, I gave it a chance with her to get over a bad break up, sex is amazing. She's way more in love and more invested than me.
3)I want her to be happy and I think she has to go to college for that, but I'd be lying if the idea of a young bride waiting for me at home with a hot meal didn't appeal. And it worked out for you, didn't it?

>>47144433
Very little, we fuck around with my old magic cards on boring days and she knows I have D&D on tuesday nights. She loves reading so that could be a way to get her more into it.

>>47144519
I agree, but that means the relationship has to end for her to move on and that's the last thing she wants.

>>47144548
16 is legal here

>>47144609
Well, what do you want to know?
>>
After our morally dubious party decided to claim a kingdom as our own we concocted a plan.
My Barbarian Sorceress ended up bading together all the Trolls, Goblins and other creatures in the area to form a self-sufficient 'kingdom' with the original idea being military conquest but she ended up caring a great deal about them and so the plan started to be altered.
We ended up kidnapping the Princess of the kingdom to use as a bargaining chip and I was tasked with holding her hostage mostly to dissuade the army that was gathering on my doorstep.
Meanwhile I was picking her brains, metaphorically, on how to improve my fledgling kingdom and make it legitimate in the eyes of the surrounding kingdoms.
She eventually let slip the easiest way to even get to talking with other royalty is legitimise my own through marriage and she began to try and sell me the idea of exchanging her with her younger brother, the non-crown prince who was, frankly a bit of an embarrassment to her family.
Instead I married her and used troll logic that because she was now a Queen Consort, I was, in fact, now a King.
It didn't fly but it forced her parents to the negotiation table and finally led to them relinquishing a small amount of land to me.
The party by now, realising their plan wasn't going to work and that I now had a legitimate kingdom of my own, came back and became part of my royal court.
It was a good campaign.
>>
File: Single tear of joy.jpg (61 KB, 454x432) Image search: [Google]
Single tear of joy.jpg
61 KB, 454x432
>>47145156
Then I found out the princess had been winning over the head of the Trolls and even my own Daughters from a prior fling and pretty much took over.
Chucking the rest of the party out, declaring them 'persona non grata' in both mine and her parents kingdoms and held me under house arrest.

She wasn't going to get rid of me as most the public loved me but still disliked her and so needed me alive and around to keep her at the top. Also my own children wouldn't stand for it.

Treaties were signed and the kingdom I pretty much founded single handedly entered into a strong formal alliance with her parents kingdom.
Trolls, Goblins, a race of cat-people, werewolves and others became prosperous and thrived, unaware they were practically third-class citizens and largely used for military purpose and I not only sat back and allowed it to happen, I was just so happy my people had come so far that I embraced this change.
>>
>>47145108
I had significant interest in my person on the part of deadly jailbait in my early 20s (I was 22, she was the proverbial 12 year old able to avoid being carded at the liquor store, everyone thought I was like 17 and she was 20+).

I did not hit that, because it'd have been roughly equivalent to shouting "Take me to Jail" into a bullhorn in a courthouse library, but before I figured out that she couldn't drive because she was terrifyingly young and not because her fucked up family wasn't making it possible for her to get her license, we did go on a couple of dates, and there was some pretty borderline shit (she got my fly down with her toes in a booth at Dairy Queen, etc) going on. She swore up and down that she was going to break my resistance down and sculpt herself into a perfect woman, but despite her obsession lasting all the way through highschool (16 is eligible for Romeo and Juliet law here, not legal for people in their mid 20s), her obsession didn't survive her escaping her broken home.

Right now she wants to be your happy little domestic because her family is broken. She thinks she loves you, she thinks she wants your babies, she thinks she wants to serve your needs as a woman and a wife, and a mother to your children.

She doesn't know a goddamn thing about any of that, not in any real way that she's internalized to any extent.

You need to make sure she gets the opportunity to grow into a real person of her own, because she hasn't yet. And being married to half a person is a fate worse than death.

Your first baby is going to cost you pretty much a minimum of $30,000 a year until its old enough to be left home alone, unless you've got great family support, great health, and great thriftiness. If all she has to contribute is time, gametes, and love, you can probably knock off about 8K on saved baby sitting, but only if you want to completely overwhelm her.cont
>>
>>47145108

>1)I'm doing very well for myself, good job with chance of moving upm

Thats critical. Being stable is key

>2)I like her, I care about her, I gave it a chance with her to get over a bad break up, sex is amazing. She's way more in love and more invested than me.

Not sure how to respond to this. I get the impresion that you were rebounding at first. But when you said shes more invested than you, did you mean emotionaly. Or that she had a longer game plan in mind than you?

>3)I want her to be happy and I think she has to go to college for that, but I'd be lying if the idea of a young bride waiting for me at home with a hot meal didn't appeal. And it worked out for you, didn't it?

Well After a long day. It is nice to see my two favorte ladies, shes taking online college courses and making sure our child doesn't break something or kill herself. Half the time I cook.
>>
>>47145371
Women are not supposed to raise children, especially first children, in a vacuum. There's supposed to be grandparents and aunties and older cousins, etc etc giving her relief for at least 10 hours a day for sleep, personal maintenance, relationship maintenance, etc. Sure, you can get at least a portion of that 10 hours for nothing when the kid is asleep (though the portion is going to be tiny and also shit especially at first). If you don't live in a shitty village with your extended family, you're going to have to hire this out. Having a kid is easy as fucking, raising a kid is a ton of work.

Put domesticity out of your brain unless you are bourgeois as fuck . You need address her firmly and lay down preconditions for her little fantasy.

You don't need to tell her to go sow her wild oats, that's honestly an overrated cultural meme, but you do need to tell her in firm terms what you want in a wife. She doesn't need to be your equal in particular way except for in the way that you cherish her happyness and the way you each value each other's contribution to the relationship. I ended up marrying a girl who was 23 when I was 29, I'm not saying this age gap is fatal.

I'm guessing you want her to be college educated and employed for starters, but I'll make a little list of what I'd suggest you demand.
>>
>>47145578
Here's what I told a college freshman who came to a bonfire my brother through at my farm, when she told me she was gonna drop out and move in.

>I need a wife who can help support the family, this means a serious job, something that is made much easier by a completed degree in a marketable field. I make a good living, but starting and raising a family is ungodly expensive, and I can't do it while being sole support for somone
>I need a wife who is free from addiction. Addiction makes you a slave to the thing you are addicted to, and slaves make terrible partners.
>I need a wife who knows what she wants out of life besides children and marriage, and who has a plan to achieve it.
>I need a wife who respects and supports my hobbies and beliefs, knowing that I'm active in the church, a black thumb, and a firearms enthusiast.
>I need a wife with hobbies for me to respect and support. We're both human and we need to understand that if my hobbies are the only hobbies, and you are just cheerleading me without anything to do on your own, you're going to resent it.
>I need a wife who is in good health and fitness, able to participate in the chores associated with living on the farm.
>I need a wife who knows how to prepare a meal from ingredients. I like to cook, but I'm not willing to take sole responsibility for all meal preparation, and I'm not paying for overpriced per-assembled meals.
>I need a wife that wants at least 3 kids, and who wants them spaced out at least a couple years apart.
>I need a wife willing to learn to do new things, like run some of the heavy equipment we've got out here.

>Tell me what you want out of a husband besides a warm bed, a small farm, and strong hands.
>>
File: borntofeel.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
borntofeel.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
>>47145108
You just told me everything I needed to hear.

This >>47145371 guy gets it for the most part. I really hate to be the guy to come in and piss on your parade, since I had a very similar parade once upon a time, but in my experience women who do this are usually trying to compensate on some level for the childhood they never had, either due to simply not having HAD a family that could provide a setting like this, or because the family that existed made her wish for something more intimate and generally 'comfy,' for lack of a better word.

I think your idea is feasible, just not right now. Maybe just hang on a couple years and see how the relationship develops with you two using contraception and living as a couple. My instinct is to tell you to fuck off and keep far away, but all I have is my own rather poor experiences to serve as a meter. Further, /tg/ legend gets to live what is very nearly a fairytale ending from where I'm standing. He is not anything even close to the average outcome of a situation like yours. By all means man, cherish her and support her, work towards your dreams mutually, but get a little bit more experience together before you make a decision that you can't take back. If for no other sake than your own, realize that you have a once in a lifetime opportunity here. If what you say is true, and she's as devoted as you say, then she'll wait.

Take it from a bitter man your own age, who had a similar opportunity, and lost it by being rash: do not rush this. Do not fuck this up.
>>
>>47145108
>Very little
dump her and get a better jailbait
>>
None yet, but the way things are going, it looks like it's a race for who'll get married first for two of my characters: the minotaur war cleric to the aasimar high priestess, or the half-elf life cleric to Strahd Zarovich; both relationships having been initiated by the NPCs.

My DMs are weird.
>>
Marriage Advice: the Thread
Why do we need other boards anyway?
>>
>>47146246
m8, you've never seen the feels threads on /fit/. Basically group therapy sessions. I think all the communities on our little tibetan paint making chatroom are a lot closer than they realize.
>>
How the fuck do you anons get married. Like for the life of me, I just can't imagine finding a person out there I like enough to bother with dating or even getting married. Like I'm just selfish and most of the time don't feel like interacting with a person unless they have some obvious benefit. How'd you manage to push yourself outside and actually find that happiness?
>>
>>47146379
Never been on /fit/, but you are correct. Our small boards do have quite close knit communities eventhought we have few subjects that try to break us apart.
>>
>>47145762
Job and education is overrated. She is probably not going to have a significant job that is worth putting the kid in child care all day every day. When the oldest baby is older, like 6-13, she can go to school then and get a job then.

This is superior because if I go to school, get a job, find a man, and have a kid, now I'm 24-26. I wait a couple years to make sure he's good, so now I'm 28 having my first kid. My career is just starting to get into reasonable pay where I can consider paying off my loans.

But now I have a kid, and I need to take significant time off, and really I know I should take 18 months at a bare minimum, and more like 6 years off.

Now I haven't been working significantly in my field in 6 years. I may as well be a fresh graduate, except I'm even worse than a fresh graduate because I don't have recent training. I need to go back and spend another year getting re-certified. Well fuck me, I'm 35 and just starting my career again.

If I just had the kids when I was 20-23, by the time I was 30, I could be starting my career, and it would be on a steady uphill trajectory.

---
Have kids. You're on this website so you can read well enough you're probably above average IQ. Don't worry about the cost. The government pays you to have kids. They warn you about the cost to keep you from breeding because you're smart enough to question the statist powers.
>>
>>47146424
As I said in front of a girl I used to like, to someone else. Men are perfectly rational and then they fall in love.

Bit of an overstatement, but anyone who's been in and out of love will understand.

Don't go looking for love, go looking for friends and it will go from there.
>>
Bump so this fuck can see what his options are, as told by various grognards and a fag from /fit/.
>>
>>47146640
>Job and education is overrated.
Yeah, nah, that's a gypsy talk, you welfare leech.
>>
>>47146246
Prenup Y/N?
>>
>>47147963
Always yes. If the woman is against it, she is a gold digger.
>>
>>47148004
Many people oppose prenups because of the insinuation you don't expect it to work out.
No digging gold about it.
>>
In-game: Never
Real life: is married now but won't be for long.

Here's an advice i should have taken to heart: NEVER. STICK. YOUR. DICK. IN. CRAZY!
>>
>>47146699

>As I said in front of a girl I used to like, to someone else. Men are perfectly rational and then they fall in love.

Hes not wrong.
>>
File: 1444705422146.png (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444705422146.png
179 KB, 1920x1080
>>47145371
>>47145446
>>47145578
>>47145781
>>47146015
You guys aren't telling me anything that I already know, I just didn't want to acknowledge that I knew it. Confirmation by fellow fa/tg/uys pretty much seals the deal. We still have a year ahead of us, I'll start slowing it down and easing her into going to college and becoming a dentist or something. The white picket fence life sounds nice but it's pretty much a pipedream these days.

Also, /fit/ is a great board with a fun community and top-notch memes.
>>
I'm going through a campaign that will likely lead to the marriage of my human magus. Otherwise the issue has never come up before in games.
>>
>>47149826

Well good to know we helped. also consider nursing, it has about as low of a barrier for entry as a dental assistant and pays as well.
>>
>>47147943
>Can't even read the post.

I take it back. Maybe you aren't smart enough to bother breeding.

Feminism has ruined women and men and told us we can't possibly be happy raising children, when really it is the greatest thing you can do, and literally the point of your life. This results in pretty horrifying dysgenic trends everywhere outside of the Jewish community. (really, not necessarily the jews did it, but they are the only high-iq group with enough in group preference, and family pressure to not be effected by it)

>while desired family size in the United States is apparently the same for women of all IQ levels,[30][dubious – discuss] highly educated women are found to be more likely to say that they desire more children than they have, indicating a "deficit fertility" in the highly intelligent.[31] In her review of reproductive trends in the United States, Van Court argues that "each factor – from initially employing some form of contraception, to successful implementation of the method, to termination of an accidental pregnancy when it occurs – involves selection against intelligence."[32]
^ Vining, Daniel (1982). "On the possibility of the reemergence of a dysgenic trend with respect to intelligence in American fertility differentials". Intelligence 6 (3): 241–264. doi:10.1016/0160-2896(82)90002-2. PMID 12265416.
31.Jump up ^ Weller, Robert H. (1974). "Excess and deficit fertility in the United States". Social Biology. 21 (l): 77–87.
32.Jump up ^ Van Court, Marian (1983). "Unwanted Births And Dysgenic Reproduction In The United States". Eugenics Bulletin.
>>
>>47148497
See
>Always yes. If the woman is against it, she is a gold digger.

If you're thinking about it that you might need one, and she's against it? Yes, she 1000% intends to divorce you within 5 years.

(Sorry to repost, I didn't sage last time)
>>
>>47130726

So to recap the thread so far, we went from...

>A few instances of in game marriage.
>Someone recounting how he got his first hand job in a theater
>People debating if hand job guy was raped or not.
>Someone telling a story of how he met his at the time jailbait wife.
>Now were talking about how to make a delusional teenager see the reality of a situation while comfort fucking a 25 year old.

Am I following all this clearly?
>>
File: gibbs.jpg (3 KB, 153x122) Image search: [Google]
gibbs.jpg
3 KB, 153x122
>>47142441

Were you also building a boat in your basement during down time?
>>
>>47150242
Yeah, wanna tell us about your relationships?
We'll give advice and then have a big man-hug
>>
File: 1454018375969.jpg (128 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1454018375969.jpg
128 KB, 800x1200
>>47149826
Glad we were able to help dude. We're all gonna make it brah.
>>
>>47130726
Twice, once to a PC and once to an NPC in the post-game epilogue, they showed up later as quest givers in another campaign though.
>>
>>47144503
>when I was still 14
She had the hots for you when you were 14?
I'm changing my mind, I think she did kinda rape you
>>
>>47151752

Same here. That looks an awfull lot like she raped you.
>>
File: Yogo.jpg (242 KB, 1280x943) Image search: [Google]
Yogo.jpg
242 KB, 1280x943
My little Yogo wardmaster was married to an older Crab clan warrior, and you better believe she betrayed the ever-loving fuck out of him.
>>
File: moses_veiled_face.jpg (48 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
moses_veiled_face.jpg
48 KB, 400x300
>>47149826
>I'll start slowing it down and easing her into going to college and becoming a dentist or something.

I recommend a compromise, since "housewife" is a perfectly legitimate profession, and if she wants to do that you should not force her to do otherwise. What you can do, then, to satisfy both of you, is recommend a field that is related to being a housewife, but can also be a career. One such profession is Early Childhood Education (i.e. a preschool teacher). These are available in many community colleges. If you two do end up making babies, she'll be better able to handle them when they come. Also, it will be much easier on her to do something related to her own desires rather than do some random college degree she did not want in the first place.

Also, as a dissenting voice to this crowd: marry her. Seriously. You can delay children until you both think you are ready, but she is already your responsibility. To leave her hanging, wondering if this will go further when you've already taken it so far, is both cruel and stupid, and I tell you the truth: women aren't that different from each other, you aren't going to get much better. She's already made a good impression on you and your family, that puts her miles ahead of any other candidates. Commitment is healthy. Do it.

So, in summary: move in? Yes. Pop the question? Yes, right fucking now, you want to and she does too. She doesn't want to college, but you want her to college? Compromise, have college related to her interests in raising children, justify it by explaining that you only want the best for you and her kids.
>>
>>47149826
You don't have to give up just like that, listen to these >>47149999 >>47152563 guys bringing up good alternatives, nevermind them being biblethumpers.

Also what's with that girl that you keep posting?
>>
None, none of the chars in any of my games I've been in have even been in a relationship during the campaigns
>>
My current character is in an unhappy marriage.

It's a FATE Accelerated game set in a bit of a magitech setting. My character is a fire mage who works as an engineer with an explosive temper and a hobby of underground boxing. He was inspired by Irish factory workers in Victorian England.

His backstory was that as a young man, he fell in love with an equally young woman. They got married in their late teens.

The game is a few years after that. They are both miserable, and tgheir failing marriage is both their fault. She's turned into a land whale who stays at home and is greedy as fuck. He became a sailor on a diesel-powered ironclad. He's shallow as fuck and stopped loving her because she's not as hot anymore and he took a long distance job as soon as she started letting go and he resents that he has to give her part of his paycheck every payday.

About once a session, the group gets to watch a small scene of my character shouting into a magitek phone as he says that business is slow and he can't send her money, while calling her a fat pig.

My favorite character was a million-yen puppet imbued with magic to look, feel, everything, exactly like a beautiful human woman, with the mind of one too.
>>
File: Silent Snowfall.jpg (50 KB, 585x800) Image search: [Google]
Silent Snowfall.jpg
50 KB, 585x800
>>47154296
That one was a Tenra character, and her main thing was that I felt like playing a yamato nadeshiko wife who also wielded a sword about as large as herself.

Before game started, I told the group about my idea and I asked them on if anyone wanted to play the husband who won her from her previous husband. If none wanted to it'd have just been an NPC. The Samurai player took it up and we decided that he literally won her in a duel.
>>
>>47152563
You've given a lot to think about, thank you.

>>47153536
A flavor of the month waifu from /co/, she kinda looks like my gf so I saved some pics. Her name is Fangoria, like the magazine.
>>
>>47155653

Well commiting to a girl does tend to take some planing and effort.. Any fool can date a girl short term. But marriage or other long term relstionshops take a hell of a lot of work on both parties to make work.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.