[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've come across a gaming group for the first time since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: RvFwqJC.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RvFwqJC.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
I've come across a gaming group for the first time since I've moved, been about 4 years for me. Either way the DM has invited me to join his 3.5/pathfinder campaign and he happens to be a 40k fan like myself. After some consideration I decided I wanted to play a space marineish character but I'm stumped on how to build one that would match them fluff and mechanically wise.

Only thing I could find that smacked of 40k was the god of human superiority Zarus and a refluffed heavy repeating crossbow that would be a bolter.

Does anyone have any experience with this idea or any suggestions? Anything would be helpful, thank you gents in advance.
>>
We rolled up stats last time I saw him so I could be ready when I show up game night. I did pretty well

18, 16, 16, 15, 12, 11 if that helps
>>
Didnt pathfinder have guns?
>>
>>47123425
Yeah bit they are pretty shitty in my opinion and lack rapid fire
>>
>>47123249
Have you considered playing one of the official 40k RPGs
>>
>>47123478
I have experience playing them but he already has an established game going. Finding groups here has been difficult.
>>
>>47123249
Talk with him about the character. I guarantee from experience that the best characters are integrated into the setting.

See if he will help you create a monastic order, a group of magically enhanced supersoldiers, or some high government organization that fights in the name of humanity. This character will do well if it fits in with the setting, if there are vectors to play from.
>>
>>47123561
I've got the backstory wrapped up, and like you mentioned he was raised in a monestary from a young age and raised as a warrior to fight for his God and spread the word of Zarus. I was looking at golem limbs if something happens but that's down the road. I was thinking barbarian for a few levels then exoticist fighter from drag magazine for exotic weapon profs after a few levels. But past that I'm not sure what feats or prestige classes would fit or what other armorments past the repeating crossbow.
>>
>>47124364
>Zarus
Someone else knows of the best Human deity in D&D.
>>
Check you clockwork armor, easily pass for power armor. Heavy repeating crossbow bow with splitting for a storm bolter. Strong arm bracers for bigger weapons or jutenbrub to be considered large where it helps for even more embiggened weapons.
>>
Pious Templar is prestige class that might interest you seeing how you posted IF. They man the walls of temples and lead crusades.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.