[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there currently any good fantasy skirmish games on the market
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Mordh-banda-completa-B[1].jpg (150 KB, 1300x538) Image search: [Google]
Mordh-banda-completa-B[1].jpg
150 KB, 1300x538
Are there currently any good fantasy skirmish games on the market ?

I'm looking for something like Mordheim, with pure fantasy, low model count where every miniature is a hero that can be levelled and customized, prime for campaigns and perhaps RPG-like adventures ? Preferably something still supported by the company with new material and minis coming out.

>inb4 just play Mordheim

I love it but I played it to death and would love to try something new out.
>>
Bumping for interest
>>
>>47123458
>>47110927
>>
>>47123464
I never really dug Frostgrave's aesthetic. The models look really...dated.
>>
>>47123595
Well, good news. Frostgrave is designed to be played with any appropriately scaled miniatures.
>>
>>47124142

I'm not playing with any of their minis, I'm using GW stuff and minis I'm sculpting myself.

Still, even dated, their generic dudesmen boxes make good fantasy fodder.
>>
>>47123464
Thanks, I will check it out. Any other games worth looking into them ?
>>
>>47123224
It doesn't have the levelling and customisation you're wanting, but Wrath of Kings looks like a cool fantasy skirmish game. I've not played it, though, and have no idea if it's at all popular.
>>
>>47129224
Song of Blades and Heroes
>>
>>47127584
>Still, even dated, their generic dudesmen boxes make good fantasy fodder.
You mean Empire Free Company (Militia)? It was axed, like 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>47123224

Freebooters Fate could be worth a try. As far as I know it may not have the same level of customisation as Mordheim but they regulary release new campaigns, it's a skirmish game with low model count and it has pirates. And zombies.
>>
>>47129320

This!
>>
>>47129446
>>47129320
>>47129312
I'm googling them but could I ask for a few words of summary on how they actually play ?
>>
Malifaux has a campaign system similar to what you're looking for. While the main game is a heavily scenario focused skirmish wargame, the third book in second edition introduced a campaign system involving hiring models, learning skills, buying equipment and so forth.
>>
>>47123595
That's mostly just their harsh paint jobs. They have good detail and have lots of options.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.