[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Age of Sigmar general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Header.jpg (487 KB, 1673x947) Image search: [Google]
Header.jpg
487 KB, 1673x947
>resources
pastebin.com/j5RAK09E

Tzaangor hype edition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhtqT2xhmn0

Don't know what the right font is sub-edition.
>>
Boxed birdmen and rules when?
>>
How good are chaos gargants (giants) for a warrior of chaos/beastmen army?
>>
File: image.jpg (779 KB, 1484x1937) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
779 KB, 1484x1937
Does anybody have experience running a quasi-Strigoi army in AoS? On paper at least their monstrous infantry seems decent enough (though I wouldn't want them to try and tackle ironguts or paladins), but they seem pretty lacking in magic and most of their ranged game is Bravery-dependent.
>>
>>47121466
Stormcast guy looks pretty cool there.
>>
>>47121550
You don't run giants for effectiveness, you run them for fun and flavor. They're alright but there are better choices.
>>
>>47121550
Giants are largely 'eeh'-tier. Ghorgon and Slaughterbrute are better melee beatsticks.
>>
>>47121583
Ok, i'm just wondering becuase I just found a giant box behind one of my shelves, who knows how long it's been there
>>
>>47121466
So I am a WHFB guy, VC and Orcs + Goblins.
Im not here to stir up shit, I would just like to know you guys' thoughts on the recent AoS news. Specifically:

>How well/poorly do you guys think the game is selling?

>What do you think of Hastings' info that AoS has tanked hard?

>What do you believe the driving force is behind implementing points?

>Do you feel the game is in danger of being abandoned if it doesnt catch on in the next year or two?

And most importantly, to me-
>How do you feel about the way they handled the axing of WHFB, and launched AoS? And how would you feel if one day, after a big End Times type event, AoS suddenly ceased to exist, and was replaced a la WHFB-->AoS?

Thanks guys, and I genuinely hope they can make something good out of this game. Even though I still feel pretty betrayed by 'surprise!' way they killed WHFB.
>>
Does anyone here know of a good name generator? I have a hrd time comming up a name for my chaos lord
>>
>>47121641
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>>
>>47121676
Nah, Im not going to derail or counterpoint, or argue at all. I dont even want to reply anymore. Im just curious about the state of AoS guys. There are none at my flgs and I have zero exposure to the game. I wish the best for you guys, its not your fault any of this happened.
>>
>>47121641
Assuming you're not a troll.

>So I am a WHFB guy, VC and Orcs + Goblins.
>Im not here to stir up shit, I would just like to know you guys' thoughts on the recent AoS news. Specifically:

I've had quite a few people start buying AoS recently in my FLGS thanks to points announcement. It's about 50% shelf space but again, who knows.

Who knows. It really depends on the area. I think the newer releases and outreach are really helping. The new Ironjawz sold out incredibly fast. The new CEO seems to know what he's doing.

People want a way of balancing games, have been clamoring for it for ages, and a successful tournament with 125 players added their own points which they are building on because they were so impressed with it.

>Do you feel the game is in danger of being abandoned if it doesnt catch on in the next year or two?
No - they've invested too much into it. I'd give it 5 years.

>And most importantly, to me-
>How do you feel about the way they handled the axing of WHFB, and launched AoS? And how would you feel if one day, after a big End Times type event, AoS suddenly ceased to exist, and was replaced a la WHFB-->AoS?

The launch was fucking atrocious. It made me quit originally. Losing the Old World still stings sometimes.

>Thanks guys, and I genuinely hope they can make something good out of this game. Even though I still feel pretty betrayed by 'surprise!' way they killed WHFB.

I feel ya, been playing since 2006 and I quit at the news, started playing about 2 months ago as I think honestly they are going in the right direction - listening to the community, discounts, awesome models.
>>
>>47121641
>I'm not trying to stir up shit, so just let me check literally all bulletpoints that usually raise a shitstorm.
Dude.
>>
>>47121762
I know, its hard to tell if someone is baiting or trolling or whatever. And Im sure you guys get angry WHFB players in here all the time. Im just trying to find out how you guys feel about the stuff I asked, because like I said I have no exposure to AoS. And Ive steered clear of WHFB threads since this all went down. I guess GW showing an interest in pleasing the fans has softened me, and the sadness of losing my favorite game that I still carry around.
Im in my late 30's though. I dont blame AoS fans or get caught up in the cycle of hate between the fans of GW's games.

I apologize if I do irritate some of you and I understand why. Im just curious for the first time since it happened.
>>
>>47121852
>I guess GW showing an interest in pleasing the fans has softened me

They seem to be going in the right direction honestly. They should have done this years ago.
>>
I didn't play the original warhammer quest, but what was the justification for one of the adventurers being a chaos warrior in a warband full of good guys?
>>
>>47121915
They need to deliver Cheese pizza to Azyr before the times up and the pizzas free or else All the gods are going to be fucking pissed.
>>
File: 1462573193388.jpg (248 KB, 835x581) Image search: [Google]
1462573193388.jpg
248 KB, 835x581
Brainzzzzzz....
>>
>>47121641
>>How well/poorly do you guys think the game is selling?

Not as good as they'd like, but probably about what they expected. AoS seems like a ten year plan kind of deal.

>>What do you think of Hastings' info that AoS has tanked hard?

I wouldn't be surprised.

>>What do you believe the driving force is behind implementing points?

People. People want points and GW wants people. I still have no idea what they were thinking when they decided to release AoS without any. Fair enough that my friends and I can eyeball a balanced game easily enough, but it's no good for pick up games or new players.

>>Do you feel the game is in danger of being abandoned if it doesnt catch on in the next year or two?

No. I believe AoS is a long term commitment, but also a flexible one. Just look at the recent announcements, they seem willing to listen to people more than ever now.

>>How do you feel about the way they handled the axing of WHFB, and launched AoS?

I enjoyed it. The story was very grand, I remember being on the edge of my seat throughout the End Times and super curious about AoS during the gap between the End Times and the launch.

>And how would you feel if one day, after a big End Times type event, AoS suddenly ceased to exist, and was replaced a la WHFB-->AoS?

Depends on how satisfying the story was and what we got at the end.

> I still feel pretty betrayed by 'surprise!' way they killed WHFB.

You were surprised the End Times ended WHFB?
>>
>>47121962

>ghoul king doesn't have a crown of bones

Disappointing!
>>
>>47121915
>full of good guys
since when were adventurers good guys
>>
>>47121915
He can kick ass and wishes to join them on their quest.
>>
>>47121466
You know this got me thinking. How much potential do you guys think Age of Sigmar has for a possible video game? What could they make with such an established mythos?
>>
>>47121717
Alright, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I only have anecdotal evidence, but in the FLGS it has sold fairly meh (not horrible, but it certainly didn't fly of the shelves) until roughly the start of the year, where it started to pick up somewhat steadily. The last Orc release sold like crazy and was sold out within minutes.

Hastings is rumormonger and as such should be ignored like the rest of his ilk.

The fact that people have been clamoring for points from day one? It's literally the largest piece of criticism, alongside summoning being stupid.

No, that time frame is too short. Five years? Sure, I can see GW axing it by then if it doesn't perform.

Endtimes was cool overall, retard plotholes aside, and was a fitting ending event for a beloved franchise that would have been killed by management anyway. Maybe the start of AoS was too soon, and explicitly tying the lore to the freshly euthanized WHFB might have been ill-advised. A clean slate might have been more sensible.
And if AoS ever bites it I certainly hope it'll get a sendoff like Endtimes. And then I'll dig out my ogres or my WoC and play WHFB.
>>
>>47122030
>spectacle fighter
>warcraft-style rts
>tactical rpg
There's a ton of options, but those seem the most obvious.
>>
>>47122030
>How much potential do you guys think Age of Sigmar has for a possible video game?

As much as any other Fantasy setting really.

>What could they make with such an established mythos?

Anything really. I'll always be a huge whore for RPGs of course, but apart from that I'd like too see something a la Dynasty Warriors.
>>
>>47121852
Eh, I guess I don't see any reason to be sad. My armies, rulebooks and stuff still exist, as do my friends, and we still play WHFB at the store. And there's also KoW or 9th Age to fall back to. And the setting is still alive in our imagination, since we're still having WHFRPG sessions every other week.
And playing and/or supporting AoS doesn't mean you can't like WHFB, and vise versa. The only thing that really matters is what you want to make of it.
So don't be sad, anon. Play some Warhammer! Which one? Who the fuck cares, just have some fun!
>>
>>47122100
>warcraft-style rts
An rts would certainly be fun and great to see and that has me thinking if it would come out looking like Dawn of War.
>>47122186
An RPG would be great, though a Dynasty Warriors type of game would be a blast. Playing as a Stormcast Lord-Celestant delivering hammer time to mobs of chaos warriors while leading your Stormhost and sieging a Dreadfort sounds fun.
>>
>>47120104
Not sure if this anon is still around, but how would I change it? it seems like simple enough of a rule that synergized with the rest of the skillset, if anything I was thinking of changing the breath weapon.
>>
>>47122423
How about instead of more attacks, the ones you have rend better on the charge.
I mean, you already have a weapon that is barely worse than the tempestus hammer (3+ to wound instead of 2+) by default, but also gets a pretty powerful replacement in the form of that improved damage on 6s to wound.
>>
Say I want to make a Plaguetouched Warband. Chaos Warriors don't have the Nurgle keyword until setup, but I can still take them as part of the formation so long as that is the goal/intention, right?
>>
>>47122645
Yeah if you give them MoN it should be fine.
>>
>Get black knights into combat with strong unit
>always takes opponent 3~ turns to knock them out, between multiple wound models and revive d3 Knights in my turn
>Meanwhile Morghast fly around his side of the table chopping things to pieces
Damn, they're awful for attacking but damn, Black Knights take a long time to kill.
>>
So I'm looking to start up some beastmen but I don't have the chaos grand army book.

Any lore on them? Or what's going on over there?
>>
>>47123261
>Any lore on them?

Beastmen gonna beastmen.
>>
>>47123347
So raping and pillaging mofos? I'm ok with this
>>
I have come to realize GW squatted Waywatchers unit on the website. anyone knows a good 3rd party elves with bows? i saw some good on reaper but where expensive as hell
>>
>>47123473
The LotR range has elven rangers. They may be a bit small though since they're more truescale.
>>
Anyone tried running a Tomb King chariot list?

I almost feel like being able to stack buffs and getting them to hit on 2+s might be worth its weight in SCGT. The only real issue I see is a lack of rend.
>>
File: Silver Tower.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Silver Tower.jpg
460 KB, 1920x1080
>>47121466
>Don't know what the right font is
It is impact.
>>
>>47123441
Don't forget shitting on things.
>>
>>47121926
Nagash is already pissed because he was the only one there with money on him so he had to pay for it AGAIN. Sigmar always does this. Sigmar the betrayer. Sigmar the thief.
>>
Hmm, this guy as a Ghoul King then?

I don't know, but I really like the idea of an undead army led by an angry Beefcake barbarian instead of the usual gaunt necromancer.
>>
>>47124716
Vamp lord. That's what I do with chaos characters for death forces.
>>
>>47124716
>>47124850
Check out Krell.
>>
>>47121575
Sounds like they'll boost the summoning power of a Death based army based on the ability on the Courtier there. Movement range and Fly means you can keep them alive pretty well too. Though I have no idea how good Crypt Flayers are now so it might be a moot point.
>>
File: wight%2Bking[1].jpg (112 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
wight%2Bking[1].jpg
112 KB, 873x627
>>47124716
>Not having them led by king skelly
>>
>>47125184
>>47124716
Krell/wight king with black axe
>>
>>47125781
>>47125184
ya'll have taste in your skellys
>>
>>47121466
I'm excited, but a little worried about the cost of the new Warhammer Quest box. If it has miniatures for everything in the OP image, that's:

At least 2 birdmen, maybe more
At least one masked cultist, probably more
A demon prince
At least one pink horror, maybe more
A warrior priest
A Stormcast Eternal
A Barbarian Warrior
A Dwarf
Maybe a Gaunt Summoner
As well as whatever the fire elemental thing behind the warrior priest is, and the figure in the background between Sigmarine and Barbarian.

Even if the characters are monopose (And I would be shocked if they weren't), that's a lot of value. I really look forward to seeing all these characters represented in miniature form, but I hope GW doesn't put the cost so high that it prices more causal players out of buying the board game.
>>
>>47125890
i wonder what warscrolls they'll get
>>
what do you guys use to transport your models?
>>
>>47121466
I came. First exposure to GW was HeroQuest and Warhammer Quest. Legit hyped and ready to feed GW for this. BIRDMEN WANT NOW
>>
>>47121466
do you have this image without the text?
I want it so i can title it AGAINST THE BIRDMEN. It looks like a great fucking metal album cover
>>
File: 101.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
101.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
>>47126075
'ere ya go!

Not op, but anyone know, who is da artist?
>>
>>47126242
AWWW SHIT YEAH. thanks bunches duder
>>
I really hope at some point games workshop releases an 'advanced' ruleset for the game, the game mechanics definitely needs a bit more depth and complexity.
>>
>>47127138
If the point was to get away from the intimidating 40 page rulebook and get new people on board, I doubt they're going to roll out "advanced rulesets". You may get something like more complex scenarios though.
>>
>>47125890
BOLS "reported" a rumor of the contents:

6 Heroes included:

Stormcast Eternal
Ogor
Duardin
Aelf
2 others (unknown)

Chaos Opponents included:

12 Horrors
4 Screamers
2 Flamers
6 Cultists
1 Sorceror
1 Deamon Prince of Tzeentch (boss)

I'd expect at least $120 USD, depending on the amount of cardboard tokens, tiles and other components.
>>
>>47127458
would really love for a lizardmen presence. A saurus obviously, but which one would work? I feel like a standard warrior wouldnt be enough. A Knight may work but could be out of place with a mount. A sunblood or old blood may not work since they would be too OP or maybe toned down and be dissapointing? I also dont see a Saurus Guard working as their sole purpose is to protect and hold the line.
>>
>>47127567
Enough melee beat sticks, Chameleon Skink pls.
>>
>>47127458
obviously one of the unknown is the barbarian human. and the other is the priest human
>>
>>47127458
you realize those guys are just shitting over what the video showcase right?
>>
>>47126242
It should be da great Paul Dainton (the only great WFB era artist GW still have it seems. With the Blanche stormcast concept arts).
>>
>>47127458
BOLS is bullshit

this list is bullshit guesswork.
>>
File: beastman-charge.jpg (94 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
beastman-charge.jpg
94 KB, 873x627
How many models would be considered too much for a game in AoS? What would be the optimal number of models?
>>
>>47128528
Imo the best is 30-40 models, lower for elite armies and higher for horde armies.
>>
>>47128528
Well, you have the usual talk it over with your opponent way, of which you would both agree on what is good and what isnt. Then with points coming in, you could have a way to decide just what kind of battles you wish to have. Personally, Id love to see what a "big" army would play like in AoS, as the most ive seen was a Death army that consisted of about 60 skelly's and a wight king and 3 units of however much vamp knights. I forget the leader unit but it was on an undead dragon.
>>
How do realms work? Can I just make up my own or am I limited to the already exisiting ones?
>>
>>47128613
The nine realms are very very big so you can easily make up your own spot in one of them. There are also places where one or more realms bleed into another creating a hybrid region.

I think the ice goddess in the Warbeast novel created a small pocket realm of her own.
>>
>>47128613
>>47128658
Where can I read the fluff for AoS?
>>
>>47128613
>How do realms work?
From my understanding, the force that WHFB called magic had different aspects. When WHFB had the End Times going on, that force freaked out and tried to help out in the fight against Chaos by fracturing into its aspects and connected with a character that I suppose was the best fit for it. It wasnt enough, and exit stage right WHFB. Now I guess these aspects of magic have changed and has created these landscapes as physical representations of those aspects.
>Can I just make up my own or am I limited to the already exisiting ones?.)
Nah, you are limited to what is there, but you have a decent amount that is there and they havent been fleshed out 100%(though i suspect they never will, to allow narrative forging.) and we have only covered Azyr, Aqshy, Ghur, Ghyran, Shyish, and Chamon I believe(asides from the Chaos Realms, which are easy to learn about.) From what I understand is that the concept of time in AoS is a bit weird, so anything you think of could fit more or less. What did you have in mind?
Remember, a realm isnt exactly like a singular planet, we are talking crazy dimensions and stuff. The way it was explained to me was how in Dragonball Z you had the "living universe" where most battles were fought, and if someone died they merely switched over to another reality/realm that is tethered to each other.
Again, from my understanding, magic as a whole is what ties them together, which is why they are connected, while its aspects are what makes the physical part of it.
Someone may tear me a new one for this and it may just be head canon buts thats honestly how I understood it so please feel free to show me otherwise.
>>
>>47128695
Check out the pastebin link at the top of the thread. It has (all?) the battletomes, audiobooks, ebooks, campaign books, etc. None of the Grand Alliances because unless you want one to have the warscrolls that are on the app already as a physical copy and a bit of lore, you are better off without really. I read the Seraphon battletome and I may pick it up just to have it handy for whatever case.
>>
>>47128735
Wow thats an awful setting.
>>
>>47128823
It's just Asgard/world tree you nigger of the cold sea . It's just ambiguous and huge as shit. It's shitty but it makes for good narrative if you are at least worth your salt in creativity.
>>
>>47126242
Hello my new wallpaper.
>>
Preorders are up.
>>
File: 2016-05-07_125542.png (283 KB, 592x319) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-07_125542.png
283 KB, 592x319
>>47128528

I usually play with 2 Guardians of the Great Chain formations...

so more or less 100 models.
It's the sweet spot we agreed on
>>
>>47129698
yeah and it's the most broken piece of army i've seen in a LOOOOOOONG time.

Every hero invoc models at every hero phase, the ghoul hero is particularly strong.
>>
>>47129698
The Ghoul Courts and their Rot Skinned King are mildly interesting.
>>
>>47129706
At least the strigoi/ghouls etc fluff is more than a single line now
>>
>>47121641
> how poorly is it selling?

I think it's selling pretty well now. I don't have market info at hand or anything but a lot of my WFB friends have started collecting AoS and a couple of 40k friends have too. I know a few people have picked the game up because the rules aren't so fucking obtuse that you need to refer to them every time you move.

Also, about points. I think it's being done because there are easy ways to balance now. Obviously abilities can make things imbalanced but it's less of a nightmare now. I think balance has become easier because army composition isn't so rigid.
>>
>>47129706
>darksome court
what does that even mean
>>
>>47129784
A dark assembly of a sovereign's retinue.
>>
>>47122030
ASSFAGGOTS
>>
do we have warscrolls for crypt flayers yet?
>>
File: Obey.png (3 MB, 1333x896) Image search: [Google]
Obey.png
3 MB, 1333x896
>THE UNDYING GODOF THE CARRION COURTS

>The relationship between Nagash and the Flesh-eater Courts is a strange one, as the vast majority of the Flesh-eaters are not actually dead. Many Abhorrant Ghoul Kings hate and fear Nagash, forever seeking to stay one step ahead of the Lord of Death and his agents, putting faith in high walls and the fierce defenders of their tumbledown fortresses in forgotten kingdoms. Some vanish into badlands across the Mortal Realms, risking famine rather than answering Nagash’s call. Some Flesh eaters, however, revere him as a god, building great churches to him inside their domains, leaving rotten offerings to crude statues of the Great Necromancer. In their insanity, they may even see him as a smiling deity in robes of gold. Nagash is eager to bring them under his thrall, but focuses his efforts on capturing the Carrion King, the master of the first Flesh-eater Court. Through him, Nagash might yet control all his wayward servant’s spawn…

Remember when some assholish anons claimed that Nagash controls all the undead and you can't have your own dudes? Well, they got BTFO...again.

The Rot Skinned King aka the Carrion King seems like another wayward servant of Nagash.
>>
I want to use Furious brayherd formation (if that's what they are called) for my beastmen. But is there any way I can use more untis of other types than what it say for the formation, and still be able to use it?
>>
>THE FURNACE KINGS

>The black-hearted rulers of the Bale-Furnace of Aqshy, these sovereign-smiths were the main source of the Bloodbound’s weapons and armour, shaping steel and warpfire into impossible forms to create the vile panoply of Chaos. Even the Blood God’s fol-lowers would pay homage to the Furnace Kings, such was the esteem in which they were held. One of their most infamous creations was the Black Rift, a Chaotic artefact of truly terrible power.

Are these Chaos Dwarfs/Daudrin?
>>
>>47130231
As part of the formation? No. Battalions are either fixed, or, if there's some flexibility, clearly show where you can take varying amounts of units.
As part of your army outside the battalion? Sure, knock yourself out. Just remember that the units outside the battalion will not benefit from those benefits.
>>
>>47130207
Posted in the last thread; plus they're availiable on the GW homepage and in the app.
>>
>>47129754

Its always been more than a single line and they even had short stories from BL. Educate yourself.
>>
>>47130216
Ushoran reborn, perhaps? He was the first strigoi after all.
>>
>>47130238
Sounds like it to me.
>>
>>47130216
>Remember when some assholish anons claimed that Nagash controls all the undead and you can't have your own dudes? Well, they got BTFO...again.

It's funny because while this blurb points out examples of dudes who fuck off to get away from Nagash, it also details how Nagash wants to control all of them and is planning on doing it by capturing the big huncho Carrion King.
>>
>>47130540
It doesn't mean he will succeed any time soon. In the meantime, there are many Ghoul kingdoms that want nothing to do with Nagash.

Nagash doesn't have total and absolute over the Undead. This much is sure.

Mannfred, The Carrion King, and we need another guy to complete the fugitive trio
>>
>>47130375
derp, thanks anon
>>
>>47130604
>the fugitive
Necromancer and vampire live outside Shyish do not under Nagash control?
>>
Wow, this all fits inn VERY well with my idea for Vorash & co, with an army made up of ghouls being his old force in life, they're making it just like that, with the courtiers and stuff. Now I just want to repaint them and make a new converted army out of them - men at arms with ghoul hands and heads, weapons and stuff would be perfect, but alas, not to be anymore. Guess Vorash will have to get himself some new allies (and maybe a dragon).
>>
>>47129784
Handsome in a dark way.
>>
>>47130760
They can be if they choose to refuse the call of Nagash.
>>
>>47130820

How can a no-name vampire hope to refuse Nagash when he crushed Neferata's will like it was nothing?
>>
>>47130231
I've just looked up the Brayherd formation/battalion and it says it require 1 untis of Ungors. Does this mean I cannot use my group of unger raiders in the formation?
>>
So, tell me about your dudes in AoS, who are they, what have they done, etc?
>>
>>47126242
Huh, it looks like that dwarf's a Fyreslayer priest. I recognise the runic iron (y'know, that thing in his hand that isn't the axe).
>>
>>47131029
Yup, that's how formations work.
>>
>>47130878
He didn't crush her will. She submitted to him.

If Ghoul Kings can refuse Nagash, then normal vampires can also.
>>
>>47130878
>crushed Neferata's will
She let Nagash override her will, iirc. At least, Mannfred CAN deny the will of Death. The last of von Casterin will prevail!

>>47131029
>Does this mean I cannot use my group of unger raiders
You can, the FAQ draft mentioned that, if your unit contain the "ungor" keyword, in case of ungor raider.
>>
>>47130238
Could be.
Or maybe they're all Skullgrinders.
Either one fits the criteria.
>>
Anyone have a link to the Stormcast Eternal and Ironjawz How to paint scans?
>>
>>47131195
> The last of the von Carsteins
>Forgetting that Vlad gave Isabella his ring during ET
>>
>>47131029
You can use whatever you want. AoS has no rules or restrictions that stop you from doing so. Remember, take as many huge centerpiece models as you can so you can benefit thanks to rules favoring smaller armies.
>>
>>47131093
Here is my shitty fluff:

>The Bloodhorn herd

The Bloodhorn herd is a beastmen warherd that is lead by the Beastlord Kraagarr Twinaxe and the Bray shaman Gorax Spirithorn.

Their herd started out small in the realm of Beasts where they lead a small herd of Gors, Ungors and a few warhounds around to pillage and destroy. But it was after Kraagarr defeated an Orruk warlord that he drew the attention to many smaller rogue herds of beastmen that joined his ranks.

The Bloodhorn herd also acquired the service of a chaos gargant after they (unknowingly) helped him when a band of human mercenaries had captured for a reward set out by a local human noble.

Unfortunately the giant had been tortured before they saved him, and the humans had cut out his tounge, making him unable to speak anything but a disoriented version of name, so from that day forward, the gargant Bort, now called "the mute" joined the ranks of the Bloodhorn herd.
And with news of a gargant in their ranks the Bloodhorn herd drew the attention of band of bestigors that would gladly provide their service to Kraagarr and Gorax

There you have it, my shitty fluff. It's basicly the story of the order I got the models in. A few of them I got as b-day gifts such as the warhounds and the giant/gargant
>>
>>47125781
Noice Mini
>>
What's the possibility of squated armies relaunch?
>>
>>47131588
Bretonia is 100%, tomb king is 0
>>
>>47131588
Empire is next btw
>>
>>47131588
With the microfactions under each grand alliance it's quite likely we will see a few models from each line but not everything will come back and named characters almost certainly not.
>>
>>47121466
So lads.

I want to get into AoS. I lost all my WFB models in a housefire two years ago and never got round to replacing them. I've got £500 and it's my cousin's Birthday soon.

Shall I get the Realmgate Wars Starter pack and a legacy faction Order/Chaos race batallion to get us started?

I was thinking of getting my cousin Stormcast/Empire (or whatever the fuck they're called now and Chaos/Skaven for myself.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
>>47131650
sweet, I hope they add some new knights but I have my doubts since GW hates horses
>>
>>47131672
Get whatever you want, it can all work together somehow. Just by what you think is cool
>>
>>47131686
>GW hates horses
Well, it's not really hate. More about the fact that GW wageslaves can't sculpt them to save their life. Same reason you don't see more female models.
>>
>>47131672
Consider the Start Collecting boxes. They are great value and contain lots of good starting units; you can just build from there.
The AoS basic box might as well be a Start Collecting box for Stormcast and Bloodbound.
>>
>>47127458
>1 Deamon Prince of Tzeentch (boss)

>Boss is clearly the Gaunt Summoner

Why can't BoLS even make up their rumours right?
>>
This mini looks like an orruk girl to my, whadayathink?
>>
>>47132177
This is the AoS shill thread, kickstarter shill thread is somewhere else.
>>
>>47130216
>bones versus meat

Neat
>>
So are Ghoul Kings the next Start Collecting thing GW is gonna focus on?
>>
>>47132177
>whadayathink?
Get that Toughest Girls garbage out of here
>>
>>47132361
>There is some girls on my game!! GTFO
>>
>>47132177
Similar aesthetic but too pretty I think.
>>
>>47132375
>Missing the point this hard

Fuck off with your shit sculpts and shillery you spergchild,
>>
>>47132426
>The model has some sexyness!! this triggers my autism!
>>
>>47132459
>T-the goy doesn't like my model?!
>I'll call him autistic, that'll sort him out eheheheh.
>>
>>47132483
>That guy posted a shitty model. i will tell him to GTFO and he will run crying for his mommy
>>
remove sigmarines
>>
>>47132503
Remove Hammers of Sigmar.
>>
>>47132503
Paint them like tarnished copper statues and they're fine.
>>
>>47131668
>it's quite likely we will see a few models from each line

If that were the case, they simply wouldn't of cut them to begin with. Anything that is gone is gone forever, and will not be coming back.
>>
I'm not up to date with the current AoS story. Is Vandus still kill?
>>
>>47132539
Yes, he was still being reforged in Balance of Power. Only Ionus and a few others were ready.
>>
>>47127458
No waifu no buy.
>>
>>47132539
Archaon has beaten Vandus and the rest of the Gammers of Sigmar so hard that it's taking a long time for them to be reforged.

Only Ionus and a handful of them emerged from the forge and they were quickly thrown into the war in the Ashlands. Ionus voice suffered from the reforging and now he can only speak in a rasping whispery voice. He died again this time at the hand of Valkia in the new book. One wonders what he will lose this time
>>
>>47132528
with a different helmet and steel/copper armor without the other bright colors they actually look pretty neat
>>
File: HkW4cub.png (1 MB, 650x1067) Image search: [Google]
HkW4cub.png
1 MB, 650x1067
>>47132675
>>
>>47132675
Every time I see a stormcast with a head swap it looks amazing, the default heads are shit
>>
>>47132534
As in they might do new Bretonnian models but only for two or three that existed before. the old models aren't coming back but they could very easily do for example a Bretonnian Knights subsection with like 2 types of Knights and a hero of some kind.
>>
Have yet to play a game of Age of Sigmar, what are some good tips for a beginner?
>>
File: 363636.jpg (60 KB, 494x295) Image search: [Google]
363636.jpg
60 KB, 494x295
>>47132675
Then you realize they killed fantasy for them.
>>
>>47132794

Have a narrative ready to forge
>>
Have anyone made a collection of all the maps from AoS? Would like to get my hands on them.
>>
>>47133110

Why? To laugh at them?
>>
>>47133166

I just like maps. And yes, if they are horrible, then I can at least laugh at them.
>>
File: map.jpg (908 KB, 1484x1985) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
908 KB, 1484x1985
>>47133110
You sure you want them?
>>
Anyone tried converting the fyreslayers into regular slayers? Like cutting the runes off? Pics? I'm tempted to try it, but I'm not spending that kind of cash on a gamble.
>>
>>47132177
>orc with a monocle
>>
>>47132459
>Being so autistic you cannot follow a simple argument

This is the AoS audience
>>
>>47132794
Tips for playing a game or collecting an army?
For collecting, start with models you like and then look for keyword synergy. A lot of the complexity of AoS is hidden in the synergies between units, and that's why Stormcast are such a strong beginner army as they are strong by themselves.

In terms of playing, try using a war scroll and lots of scenery to make an interesting game. Also, order of combats matters, so pay attention to that.
>>
>>47133405

christ.like why are there heads of the vampire counts mounts in the green goo?

I need more lol
>>
File: 1462580927275.png (3 MB, 1276x926) Image search: [Google]
1462580927275.png
3 MB, 1276x926
>>47133510
I only have a few more.
>>
>>47133510
>>47133405

More like why is the Death lands littered with the same copy-pasta black haired dead white guy.

I like some of the AoS art, but these maps are somehow all garbage.

Can we not just have like a normal black and white 'in-universe' map or a city plan or something?
>>
File: void.png (6 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
void.png
6 MB, 1536x2000
>>47133530
>>
File: 1462581206279.png (7 MB, 1536x2000) Image search: [Google]
1462581206279.png
7 MB, 1536x2000
>>47133541
>'in-universe' map
Of what? Near infinity?
And yeah, the disparity in quality is extremely jarring.
>>
>>47133576
Welcome to Bone Land
Bone Chairs
Bone Floors
Bone Sky
Bone River
Bone House
>>
>>47133604
Nah, you need to spice it up a bit.
At least drop a Cartilage Caverns in there.
>>
>>47133530
I like this one.
>>
>>47133604
you forgot the Sarlacc pit
>>
>>47133576
Well kind of

I want a free peoples dude to enter a realm and say "What the FUCK is this shit and how do we navigate it?"

And then he gets out some parchment and draws a vague map of what he sees and he sends scouts to do the same, or they visit a local town of whoever lives in that realm and asks them for directions, etc.

Why not? surely they couldn't fuck that up
>>
>>47133677
>free peoples
Anon,I...
>>
File: sip.png (187 KB, 346x406) Image search: [Google]
sip.png
187 KB, 346x406
>>47133677
>Why not? surely they couldn't fuck that up
>>
I'm listening to AoS audios, currently finishing War Storm. I get the reading/listening order of the main series but how does shorts fill in? When should I pick up Beast of Cartha or the new Orruk one. Release order sounds fine but where I can find one?
>>
>>47133677
Just FYI.

The realms have been reduced mostly to fallout style post-apoc wastelands. You have seen the new Ghoul dudes? These represent a factions of the human survivors that roam the realms, perhaps even the majority of them.

So anon no Free Folk will exit the safety of Azyr to traverse the rest of the Realms unless they are looking for trouble.
>>
>>47130216
Dude the excerpt even says that they're not even undead by definition.

So the point remains.
>>
>>47133862
>Dude the excerpt even says that they're not even undead by definition

Not the plebs, but the top are still vampires.
>>
File: 1322531108494.png (265 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1322531108494.png
265 KB, 334x393
>>47133405
>>47133530
>>47133554
>>47133576
>>
>>47132675
Nipple extensions
>>
File: 2483921_orig.jpg (169 KB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
2483921_orig.jpg
169 KB, 1200x847
Something new
>>
File: 2429350_orig.jpg (189 KB, 1200x863) Image search: [Google]
2429350_orig.jpg
189 KB, 1200x863
>>47134322
Anyone using GW battle board...
>>
>>47134322
>>47134349
Jesus, those boards and colours are disgusting.
>>
File: 3285215_orig.jpg (200 KB, 1200x847) Image search: [Google]
3285215_orig.jpg
200 KB, 1200x847
>>47134349
Instead of beautiful gaming mat or cheap DIY board?
>>
>>47134349
Oh I was asking about those last week. Now I need to decide which one I want, old or new.
>>
>>47134322
>>47134349
>>47134382
Man, these look ugly as hell. Not only because of the colours but the obvious sections where they fit together.
>>
>>47134376
>colours are disgusting

The color choice is disgusting, but the boards, especially the one with some arcane gear is freaking cool.
>>
>>47134445
I think it's a bit over the top...
>>
>>47134382
>hey I don't like this GW product
>lol poorfag
>>
>>47134322
Looks like two new terrain pieces. That flat plinth the white bulldog is standing on, in the top left and the double circular raised section top right with the golden planetary thing on it. I assume the tower is the skullkeep?
>>
>>47134458
>over the top
Much like AoS. :-)

Joke aside, seem that you can build a few arcane ruin/platform with the board.
>>
>>47134528
Is that how it works? do they push out? I'm not convinced. I think those are separate. Else you're stuck with a board with permanent terrain features you can't move, or holes.
>>
>>47132675
Where are those head from? This really makes me want to start with fucking stormcasts.
>>
>>47134376

So they fit AoS.
>>
You know I've been really into making my own DIY Gaming board but I don't know where to start. Anyone got experience making their own?
>>
>>47134349
japanish?
>>
>>47121466
I...I wanted to save some money this month...I already made an order thinkin gI wouldnt want to buy aniything else. Oh boy, I was wrong.
>>
>>47136172
Yes, and chinesisch as well, Bernd.
>>
>>47135337

Looks like it might be a Chaos Warrior head with any accompanying horns, rivets, or spikes shaven off.
>>
So the GA Death book is outdated?
The zombie dragon and terrorgheist are now Flesh-Eater Courts and not beasts of the grave or whatever?
BUT at least the buffed both a bit.

I really like the new warscrolls. Especially the new summon mechanic.
>>
>>47131093
>Sigmarines/Free guild combination
>Over a few cups of wine, some conmen make dares on whether they can convince a local lord that he can become one of the Stormcast of he aids them in battle sufficiently
>They masquerade as Priests of Sigmar and trick him into offering up himself and his retinue to the Stormcast
>He drags himself and his men through all the horrors the realms throw at them and become a renowned fighting force
>one of the con men gets his next round paid for by the other
>>
File: compare1.jpg (78 KB, 1000x336) Image search: [Google]
compare1.jpg
78 KB, 1000x336
huh. so hobbit goblins probably work as ghouls.

>>47137287
i think the FAQ said you use whichever warscroll you prefer. I'm figuring on keeping the old scrolls on retainer for summoning shenanigans in addition to maybe bringing support courtiers and stuff.
>>
>>47137407
Where can we find the FAQ?
>>
>>47137407
>i think the FAQ said you use whichever warscroll you prefer
Of course. But on the other hand you didn't buy GA books for the fluff. I think most of us use it for reference in games. I guess I rather stick with the app now. Those warscrolls are always up to date (yet).
>>
>>47137462
on the warhammer age of sigmar facebook page.
>>
Has/will Settra show up in AoS? What about the rest of my spooky skeletons?
>>
>>47137851
No.
Tomb Kings basically don't exist.

There's hints they may come back in some form, maybe with new models (five guesses as to what kind of Marines they'll resemble) but as it stands there's only vampires, ordinary skeletons, and ghosts.
>>
So what the shit is this?
Are they saying that if you use parts from both the Vargheist and Crypt Horror kits, you have a command model? Is it a character?

What?
>>
File: 1027.jpg (52 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1027.jpg
52 KB, 500x375
>>47133576
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NEAR INFINITY.

Something is either infinite and cannot be mapped, only approximated like the locations of an atom in an atomic cloud, or it is finite and can fucking be mapped.
>>
>>47138014
>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NEAR INFINITY.
"It's a figure of speech, lol, calm down nerd."

It's Games 'Depleted Deuterium Bullets' Workshop. Roll with it.
>>
File: N1_Boardscan.png (1 MB, 800x727) Image search: [Google]
N1_Boardscan.png
1 MB, 800x727
>>47134322
>>47134349
>>47134382
Wow.

You know, the one with the tiles doesn't look half bad as a giant Garden of Morr except...they fucking ripped off the board for Nightmare.
>>
>>47137999
Yes there are three new character warscrolls. Just look it up on the website.
>>
File: 825.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1735) Image search: [Google]
825.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1735
>>47138064
Just because they use that excuse doesn't mean we have to.

It isn't infinite, therefor it can be mapped and they don't want to pay anyone to come up with a decent map of the entire Realm which is a massive fucking fail.

Fucks sake, we have a map of the damn Warp but we don't have one of Azyr?
>>
>>47138076
So the kit is the exact same then? I honestly can't tell if there's additional parts here or not.
>>
File: unlooked.png (716 KB, 632x765) Image search: [Google]
unlooked.png
716 KB, 632x765
>>47138110
Preaching to the choir, m8. I'm just too jaded to rant about it on 4chan, thinking it will make GW's recent attempts at lore any better.
>>
>>47138014
>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS NEAR INFINITY.

Is English not your first language?
It's a common figure of speech.

>>47138110
>It isn't infinite, therefor it can be mapped

They don't want it mapped, they want room to do whatever.

>Fucks sake, we have a map of the damn Warp

That's a mad man's map of it, the Warp is infinite.
>>
>>47138128
Yes. Three models with round bases.
You can build out of three units and two characters.
>>
>>47138181
>Is English not your first language?
>It's a common figure of speech.
No, it isn't.

Its not only factually wrong, but nobody says it. At least not in the first world, maybe in Poland someone might.

>They don't want it mapped, they want room to do whatever.
Which is terrible, it means they don't have this shit planned out and aren't even limiting themselves on plausibility anymore.

>That's a mad man's map of it, the Warp is infinite.

But it's still fucking more than we have for Azyr, isn't it?
>>
>>47138110
GW hasn't mapped out every planet in the 40k galaxy? What a bunch of lazy cheapskates
>>
>>47138187
Not what I was asking.

So is there anything in THAT kit that isn't in the kit that contains three Crypt Horrors/three Vargheists?

Is there any difference at all, or is it like every other dual-kit that they list twice?
>>
>>47138260
We have whole sectors mapped out though. Room for making your shit up and still enough shit fleshed out.
>>
>>47138260
But fucking guess what?

They've mapped out the fucking 40k galaxy.

We don't have a single map that we can tell in relation to any other.

We've got two Death maps for example, we we have no fucking clue where they are in relation to each other. Are they next to each other? On opposite sides of the planet? Is Death even a planet?

GW can't even provide the most basic of information required to call yourself a damn setting.
>>
>>47138317
>Is Death even a planet?
It's an near infinite realm. ;^)
>>
How much terrain do you guys play with?
>>
>>47138258
>No, it isn't.

Yes it is. It can be used in any situation where there should be a really big number of things.

>Its not only factually wrong

Figures of speech do not have to be factually correct.

>Which is terrible,

I don't think so, it just means they can call new battlegrounds into being as it suits them.

>it means they don't have this shit planned out

Not the minutiae.

>But it's still fucking more than we have for Azyr, isn't it?

No. For Azyr we've go some small maps of part of it.
For the Realm of Chaos we have literally worse than nothing in that we have incorrect information.
>>
File: 125.jpg (170 KB, 283x424) Image search: [Google]
125.jpg
170 KB, 283x424
>>47138351
>>
How common are realmgates? And can people/monsters/daemons just go through them without any side effects? Also does it show on the gates to wich realm it leads too?
>>
File: 1323016200061.png (2 KB, 156x187) Image search: [Google]
1323016200061.png
2 KB, 156x187
>>47138363

>calling GW stuff incorrect
>>
>>47138284
>Not what I was asking.

>>47138128
>So the kit is the exact same then?
>>47138187
>Yes.

You were. And I answered.
>>
>>47138317
>We don't have a single map that we can tell in relation to any other.

We do. In Age of Sigmar we see the Brimstone Peninsula as the place the Stormcast first strike, Later in Balance of Power we get a map of the Ashlands, and the Brimstone Peninsula is revelaved to be a part of that.
>>
>>47138357
Generally more on the 'dense' side of things. It makes thins like melee, flying and positioning more interesting, since a good chokepoint or shooting gallery can turn the game around in a hurry.
>>
>>47138388
>>calling GW stuff incorrect

I'm calling a map drawn by a mad man that changes every time he looks at it incorrect because we know that the warp is infinite and non physical.
>>
File: bohr-attom-of-calcium_lg.jpg (52 KB, 800x505) Image search: [Google]
bohr-attom-of-calcium_lg.jpg
52 KB, 800x505
>>47138363
>Yes it is. It can be used in any situation where there should be a really big number of things.
No, it fucking can't.
That's like people who use the word "irony" when they mean coincidence, or who misuse literally.

Its a mark of fucking idiocy and you should be deeply ashamed of yourself as a human being if you do it.

>I don't think so, it just means they can call new battlegrounds into being as it suits them.

Really? Because mapping out the continents and marking capital cities doesn't prevent you from coming up with a small map of a mountain range just outside a city.

Its laziness, nothing else.

>Not the minutiae.
Any of it, apparently.

>No. For Azyr we've go some small maps of part of it. For the Realm of Chaos we have literally worse than nothing in that we have incorrect information.

We have pic related for the Warp, and fucking nothing for Azyr.
>>
>>47138389
I asked if there is anything in that new kit not in the old one.

You said "three models with round bases, you can build out of three units and two characters".

That's like asking "Hey, does that box have anything this one doesn't have?" and you responding "This is a box, it contains things."
>>
>>47138438
Okay. The correct answer would be: three round bases.
>>
>>47138425
>No, it fucking can't.

Yes it can.

>Its a mark of fucking idiocy

It's a mark of people don't want to calculate big numbers in trivial conversation.

>Really?

Yes.

>Because mapping out the continents and marking capital cities doesn't prevent you from coming up with a small map of a mountain range just outside a city.

It does make things very finite and restrict the stories you can tell though.

>We have pic related for the Warp, and fucking nothing for Azyr.

We have nothing for the Warp, no real maps or anything. For Azyr we got pictures of Sigmarion
>>
File: slide_15.jpg (106 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_15.jpg
106 KB, 960x720
>>47138406
Then you're fucking wrong, because things in the Warp do exist within relation to each other. We know Slaanesh has a Realm, Nurgle has a Realm, Khorne has a Realm.

They may not always be in the same locations, but neither are the atoms in a molecule although we can map out a visual representation of it that is factually accurate by defining where things can be.

But why am I explaining this, you clearly flunked the only part of school that actually matters in life.

Let me give you a child's version, so you can understand it and see how what we have of the Warp is more than we have for the entire rest of Age of Sigmar.
>>
>>47138486
Okay, thank you.
>>
File: rgrgrg.jpg (313 KB, 1600x777) Image search: [Google]
rgrgrg.jpg
313 KB, 1600x777
Like two days ago there was an anon claiming that he can and will scan Grand Alliance: Death book. IIRC he said "today or tomorrow". I'm still waiting.
>>
>>47138499
>Yes it can.
No, it cannot. That's a contradiction of terms, infinite means without limit meaning that terms using limits like "near" are inapplicable.

>It's a mark of people don't want to calculate big numbers in trivial conversation.
No, words like "massive" or "undefined" are.

Saying near infinite is like saying "I literally just broke my arm" when you slam your arm against a wall, but it is not broken. It means you're a fucking moron who needs to learn how to speak and have your knuckles smacked with a ruler when you do it wrong like the idiot child you are.

>It does make things very finite and restrict the stories you can tell though.
It literally doesn't in any way. Note that I used "literally" correctly, as it fucking doesn't considering when they release a map they can just change it later. "Nagash threw a tantrum, created a new continent". Boom, done.

But the fact they release no maps means they can't be assed to even provide basic information.

>We have nothing for the Warp, no real maps or anything. For Azyr we got pictures of Sigmarion
We have a model, we have nothing for everything else. We don't even know if the Realms are flat, planets, or donut-shaped.
>>
>>47138380
>How common are realmgates?
Quite rare, even a vampire and necromancer existed for centuries, do not see any realmgate.

>And can people/monsters/daemons just go through them without any side effects?
No side effects at all.

>Also does it show on the gates to wich realm it leads too?
I don't think so, Hallowed Knights do not know The Gate of Dawn lead to Papa Nurgle's Garden, until da bigfat daemons show up.
>>
>>47138621
>No, it cannot. That's a contradiction of terms

And figures of speech do not have to be literal.
If I were to say you were making mountains out of molehills that doesn't mean you were literally doing that.

>No, words like "massive" or "undefined" are.

Perhaps in a scientific context but not in common conversation.

>It literally doesn't in any way.

It does, by having an undefined size they are free to change it fluidly.

> "Nagash threw a tantrum, created a new continent". Boom, done.

If you have room to create new continents ad infinitum then you may as well just leave things undefined in the first place.

>We have a model

We have a mad man's interpretation that by his own admission is incorrect. Bat intel is worse than no intel.

>We don't even know if the Realms are flat, planets, or donut-shaped.

I don't think you've been paying attention then, they're none of those things.
>>
So I'm looking to start either beast men or dark elves. Don't really own much of either. But I got a bunch o' dwarves. My question is do I stick with order and roll up some dank elves or have a bit of side action with chaos?
>>
>>47139089
>And figures of speech do not have to be literal.
>If I were to say you were making mountains out of molehills that doesn't mean you were literally doing that.
No, but words like literally are not figures of speech so using one when something isn't literal is still a fuckup. Like "near infinite".

>Perhaps in a scientific context but not in common conversation.
Y'all is part of common conversation too, but its still a mark of low class and worthy of immediate correction.

>It does, by having an undefined size they are free to change it fluidly.
They do anyway, they just don't want to put in any work and produced a sub-par product as a result.

>If you have room to create new continents ad infinitum then you may as well just leave things undefined in the first place.

If you have room to kill old or create new characters ad infinitum then you may as well not create any in the first place.

>I don't think you've been paying attention then, they're none of those things.
Then what are they.
>>
>>47139101
Dunno how we are supposed to answer that question for you. Sticking to order would give you more flexibility starting out, since you could combine dork elves and dwarves easier than dwarves and beastmen, but that's a minor thing, really. Go with whatever you like better.
>>
>>47139101
You can buy anything, there are no limits on armies and you can bring any models in Age of Sigmar into the same list.

Even when we have rules that will not change.
>>
>>47139222
>No

Yes. Figures of speech do not have to be correct.
Plenty of people say "I could care less" when they mean they don't care at all. The correct thing to say would be "I could not care less" but unless you're an autist you can understand what they mean and realise that figures of speech do not need to be literal.

>Y'all is part of common conversation too, but its still a mark of low class and worthy of immediate correction.

Maybe if you're a prick.

>They do anyway

No they don't. The warhammer world for example was very static.

>If you have room to kill old or create new characters ad infinitum then you may as well not create any in the first place.

That doesn't follow.

>Then what are they.

Various objects floating through the aether.
>>
>>47139325
>I could care less
Except that is fucking incorrect, and is hick-talk.

>Maybe if you're a prick.
Or not a yokel.

>No they don't. The warhammer world for example was very static.
Bull-fucking shit, they made up shit in almost every Black Library book. Fuck, the Island of Blood was never even put on a map, its just vaguely near Ulthuan somewhere.

>That doesn't follow.
It is literally the exact same logic.

>Various objects floating through the aether.

That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>47133530
Couldn't they just make some early modern style maps with ominous names.and vague geography?

I'm assuming the realms have a core planet or whatever to them which could be mapped out and then the rest is whatever the fuck you want.

Most the action takes place in the moral realm though, does it not?
>>
So are the realms just complete, separate universes with the aspects of Winds and some warpgates sprinkled around?
>>
>>47139396
>Except that is fucking incorrect, and is hick-talk.

Again, figures of speech do not need to be correct.

>Or not a yokel.

No just a prick.

>Bull-fucking shit, they made up shit in almost every Black Library book.

Maybe on a small scale, but they certainly didn't pull worlds or continents from nowhere.

>It is literally the exact same logic.

It's not even close. My logic is that if you plan to add things on the fly you may as well just leave it vague. You're saying that the possibility of new characters means there should be no characters. Fiction would not exist if that were the case.

>That's fucking stupid.

Ooooh better watch out, fucking is slang for sexual intercourse, best avoid that!

>>47139575
They're conglomerates of various lands floating in space.
>>
>>47139634
>They're conglomerates of various lands floating in space.
Can you theoretically traverse between them with spaceships or are they on separate planes of existence, just layers in the warp or whatever?
>>
>>47139680
>Can you theoretically traverse between them with spaceships

Yes. Gutrot Spume does this and Slann also have spaceships. It's the same universe that the Fantasy World inhabited.
>>
>>47139680
Dragonbro flies around the mortal realms. I guess you can travel around them using a space ship.
>>
File: sj.jpg (269 KB, 401x500) Image search: [Google]
sj.jpg
269 KB, 401x500
>>47139734
>>47139750
Alright then, thanks.
>>
Who owns the rights to Spelljammer? I think they could sue for this.
>>
>>47140530
Over space ships in a fantasy setting?
>>
File: 134.jpg (283 KB, 640x451) Image search: [Google]
134.jpg
283 KB, 640x451
>>47140684
There's precedent for it.
>>
>>47140756
>There's precedent for it

I don't think there is.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.