[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
1984 Quest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Has anyone considered creating a campaign set in the 1984 setting?
I'd imagine it would be very heavy into rollplaying and insta pk due to the thought police which might not be everyones piece of cake.

I've been mulling it over and i remember that the glossary mentioned that the insoc gov't eventually fell so i can give players a fair chance at survival.

Tl;dr help me create a 1984 campaign.
>>
>>47113341
Also, if anyone has links they can reccomend on everyday life under a dictatorship that would be welcome.
>>
I mean, if you play Paranoia full on seriously (which is a thing if I recall correctly) it comes pretty close I guess. Not sure if there's a 1984 specific setting/rulebook floating about in the PDF share thread, or even in existence.
>>
If you dug a bit into independent news sources you'd find you're already playing one.
>>
File: 1444004471500.png (194 KB, 400x750) Image search: [Google]
1444004471500.png
194 KB, 400x750
>>47113936
>tfw you were raised in 1st world country but you dad is a war refugee
>Instead of nursery rhymes and kids books your dad tells you stories of his old county
>the funny time when he and his 12year old brother were shot at by cater- administration funded death squads and how it was so funny the made it out alive.
>or the time American bombers backed the facist regime and bombed his home town
>or all the corpses left around rotting because no one gave a shit
>the the gunfire at night accompanied by children crying while death suqads raided homes and raped and pillaged those suspected to be left wing
>or that time hundreds we mowed down by a helicopter machine gun while fleeing into a neighboring country through a river.
>or how his father was a uni professor and narrowly escaped when the gov't started exicuting students and teachers.
>or that time the archbishop was assassinated for caring for the poor and the gov't set up death squads to cut down mourners at his funeral with automatic weapons.

>tfw other 1st world kids pull the shit meme that "Hue hue we live under a dictatoship! fukin facist gov't!"
>>
>>47114552
What country does your totally real and not fabricated story take place in?
>>
>>47114741
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvadoran_Civil_War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHO-WiiZba0
>>
>>47114829
Those poor, innocent communistic terrorists.
>>
Ingsoc did not fail. Gather entire point ton of the book was that it was the only form of govt. that was invulnerable.
>>
Fuck, I cannot find it. OP I have a one page 1984 RPG, I don't have it on this device and I can't find it online. Send an email to tenduril at gmail.com requesting it and I'll email it when I get home, it's legit, has quotes for the book all over it.
>>
>>47113341
>The Year Is 1984, And I Can't Stop Loving My Big Brother!
Would you play it?
>>
>>47113581

"Paranoia Straight" was one of the suggested playstyles (alongside with "Classic" and "Zap!") in Mongoose version.
>>
>>47113341
>>47113362
Do a lot of research on the inner workings of North Korea, and to a lesser extent Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union.
>>
> Do what BB says
> repeat daily for 700+ sessions
Or
> Do otherwise
> get tortured for 130 pages
> do what BB says anyway
To answer your question, I would not play this game.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.