[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Forged: thread 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 6
OP let it 404 edition

For those of you who weren't here for the first thread, a quick summary on our Chaos Warband

>Name: The Forged
>Colors are in next post
>Warband was fromed during a desperatre life or death teamup between an Imp fists company and an IW warband
>They fought together against and Tyranid attack, and are now in an arms race with them on their Fortress world covered in tyranid biof-form jungles
>Lead by a Dreadnought champion who royally fucked up an Eldar Craftworld to get new toys for the Dark Mechanicus compliment they are allied with.
>A strange mutation afflicts the Warband, as their wargear, augmetics, armor weapons and vehicles begin to merge with their bodies, though far more elegantly than their counterparts amongst chaos
>They are obsessed with becoming the perfect weapons, the perfect soldiers and the perfect marriage between flesh and metal
>They slowly evolve in their armor, over the centuries a power armourd brother will become encased in terminator armor, which itself shall then mould into a dreadnought many more centuries later
>Slaanesh is their unknown patron, for they do not actively worship the prince of pleasure their obsession with perfection plleases him/her/it, and so gifts them blessing without their knowledge

Symbol is still in the works, lets get back to fluffing boys! We need write and draw fags!
>>
File: 1462502791551.png (34 KB, 201x281) Image search: [Google]
1462502791551.png
34 KB, 201x281
colors are pic related

Also last thread for those interested >>47104006
>>
>>47113229
Do they have psykers? How do they feel about magic?
>>
>>47113479
Probably see it as another tool to bring death to their enemies.

They are not very pious(their patron isn't even directly worshipped) But sorcerers who are less beholden to their deities or undivided ones are probably fine

Of course we could spin it another way, and they see magic as an example of power given form, and sorcerers are believed to basically be cannons or some such

I dunno
>>
>>47113521
I can see that - they get relegated to really utilitarian roles as they are but cogs in a larger, greater engine.

In fact, that could be read further that they regularly abduct subjects as slave labor, convert them into servitors but keep them still conscious of what is occurring just because Chaos. Though it's a bit Borgy now that I think of it...
>>
>>47115175
Maybe I dunno

The big thing about not being borg like is they don't have a hive mind. Even as they become more and more like machines they remain individuals, with ambition and such. That's probably one of the most important things to remember
>>
>>47113229
These guys sound like they would love the obliterator cult.
>>
>>47116312
I imagine we are pretty good friends with them yea
>>
>>47116312
Oblitorators are crude and slaves to their base needs and the machine. A valiant but crude and flawed attempt at a perfect union of flesh and machine.

Occasionally the Forged Apothecaries will toy around with the virus and try and get it to work right but so far progress has progress has not been promising.

Warpsmiths are more promising.
>>
>>47119803
Yea, this is most likely correct

also a bump
>>
>>47121917
bump
>>
>>47113229
I thought IM's were some of the most hardline against chaos space marines, especially IW's. Probably the craziest loyal chapter (Black Templars) was directly founded from the IM's.

I don't know how to improve what you've made, but I feel like a lot of the current fluff would reject such a pairing out of hand.

However, I very much like the idea of IM's and IW's being corrupted by Slaanesh over time. The two chapters who most staunchly resisted the call of Chaos being corrupted is ironic.
>>
>>47126485
I'm sorry the IM's? due you mean IF as in Imperial Fists?

And our whole point is it was originally out of necesity, here, this was the suggestion >47106918

They banded together to face a greater foe and found that they were stronger together than they could ever have been apart. the IMP fists in general hate the IW yes, but isolated things such as this happen all the time within the fluff, and chaos is never not alluring. Also, IW are in no way really resistant to corruption I mean... they are one of the traitor legions.

I would suggest reading the previous thread honestly, we came up with some pretty kick ass stuff in there
>>
>>47126682
>>47106918
fucked up the link
>>
Last bump before bed.

Keep the thread alive, night anons
>>
Growth if it continues is theorized to go power armour, terminator armour, centurian, dreadnaught, Knight, Titans of increasing size and then finally either space ship or fortress depending on if they are in space or on a planet.

By the time they reach the final stage their fleshy components are basically just organic computer and support systems.

As of yet its assumed to be purely theoretical as it takes so long and nobody has got past dreadnaught yet.

How should they treat their slaves?

I'm getting a bees in a hive vibe from this so possibly not as bad as many warbands.
>>
>>47128191
so it goes

power armour -> terminator armour -> centurion armour -> dreadnaught -> Knight -> Titan -> Bigger Titan -> Space Ship -> Increasingly bigger spaceships -> Star Fort.

Unless they are on the ground for the final stages of their development then it goes

power armour -> terminator armour -> centurion armour -> dreadnaught -> Knight -> Titan -> Bigger Titan -> Fortress -> Fortified City -> Hive.

Maybe, rather than it being mere theory, there is one who managed to get way far down the list.

Brother Tadaaki the Ancient is now whgat looks like the Omnissiah class battleship they call home.

If this conflicts pre-existing fluff please ignore.
>>
Are they fleet based or do they have a planet to camp on.
>>
>>47130349
They live on a fortress world covered by tyranud Bio form jungkes. They are in an arms race at all times with the tyranids trying to destroy eachother.

>>47129098
I could see this Tadaaki being like, an addition to the original fortress yea, it would be quite interesting tro know some of there home base is a fellow comrade
>>
>>47131731
Tyranid Bio-form jungles I mean
>>
>>47131731
The servitors should be slaved directly into the central processing unit (the ancient marine). Theoretically he could exist and survive indefinitely at reduced capability alone using nothing but his servitors.
>>
>>47132149
I like that! Now I'm just imagining the tyranids breaching a fort and the fort itself fights them as they try to kill it by getting at the organic mind circuitry and all that shit... it sounds like a badass writefag
>>
We actually still need both a name for our champion as well as what kind of Dreadnought he is

It was suggested he have a pillaged Eldar Wraithknight blade which was a cool idea, but what kind of Dread is he?

Vanilla, Leviathan, contemptor, what? And he still needs a damn name
>>
>>47134661
Pjotr the Unstoppable.

2nd oldest of the Forged after Tadaaki the Unmovable.

Looks like a Furioso Dreadnaught. One powerfist/claw thing and one "regular" hand holding a stolen wraith blade.

Holds himself, and by extension everyone else, to certain standards and a code of conduct. It's a pretty basic and brutal set of standards but he's a godless heathen so what exactly were you expecting?

Sees himself and his brothers not as inhuman or post-human or even mutated humans but as what humanity is supposed to be.

Or close enough.

The flaws beaten out and new strengths beaten in.
>>
>>47134881
Nice

His ultimate plan? Ultimate ambition? Replace humanity, with Astartes like the Forged, or at least bring the rest of the the Forged as far as they can go towards perfection
>>
>>47135116
The Forged are as he sees it the prototype design for the good and proper warrior elite of humanity.

The Dark Mechanicus Adepts in his employ are the true inheritors of Mars by virtue of being right about humanity needing to get out of the dirt.

He is the best choice for leader at the moment as he is the only one with the vision to see where humanity needs to go and the drive to get them there.

He tells his brothers than when they win and humanity is reborn into a new perfection that he will stand down in favor of a leader of more suited to such a time. He might even not be lying.

In his utopia all soldiers will be forged, most of the population will be servitors of one sort or another and all the "free" citizens will be his brand of Dark Mechanicus.

He has no concern for the gods one way or the other so there will be religious freedom. Of course the only people capable of exercising that right will be Dark Mechanicus so it would be Omnissiah worship in any case.

Undoubtedly a New Imperium built on these lines would be unbelievably strong. It would also be Hell.
>>
>>47135424
Oh cool, he's like a really fucked up warrior philosopher, with that crazy idea of what humanity and Astartes should be.

Now whats his opinion on xenos? I imagine its similiar to Emps or something, they have no place in his utopia, as they cannot achieve the perfection of servitors or the Forged. I think he would especially hate the Tyranids for obvious reasons, as they use nothing but biological tech, eschewing the holy matrimony of man and weapon and subverting it.

He believes they are the dymetric opposite of the forged and must be destroyed for this utopia to ever have a chance of existing.
>>
>>47135559
He's never even heard of the Tau as he lives at the other side of the galaxy.

I imagine pretty spot on for the 'Nids although hate is too strong a word. They are mindless and unthinking. He doesn't hate them because it would be wasted on them. They are destined for extinction in his perfect world because they are too dangerous to be left alive.

Pretty much same with the orks. He doesn't believe that orks are actually sapient. Very bright animals oh hell yes but not actually sapient bar a few regrettable specimens.

Eldar he would actually be in favor of if they would get the stick out of their ass. A Wraithguard is actually pretty neat from his point of view as it is a living soul in a body that is both organic and inorganic at the same time.
>>
>>47135736
I like that, the orks and nids are so far beneath them that hate is not possible. The nids are basically just animals to test their weapons on and hone their skills against. Something to trst their strength, both of them and their fortresses

Orks are just non-sapient animals, save some warbosses, who could never comprehend the utopia Pjotr sees for the galaxy

The Eldar are pretty interesting yea. The idea that he sees Writhlords and Wraithgurad as an interesting example of soul, machine, and living organism. Though he thinks they are not ambitious enough to see what they could do.

What else? What other special characters do we have?
>>
>>47135977
Do we have a forge master?
>>
>>47135977
Tadaaki the Unmovable.

They have the traditional Chaos Doom Fort.

It's at about the size where it's not quite a Hive but definitely a stupidly huge city.

Tadaaki the Unmovable accounts for almost 20% of it and he is spreading.

The piece of himself that houses his main brain is many many miles beneath the surface around the geothermal generators. He has backups and sub-brains.

He is the very model of a proper city and sees himself as something not unakin to a local god. The Dark Mechanicus adepts that wander his well tended mass are inclined to agree. He has armies of lovingly maintained and well crafted servitors all working with great precision and harmony.

He is not so much of a philosopher but he is a great organizer.
>>
File: techno-blasphemy.jpg (241 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
techno-blasphemy.jpg
241 KB, 1200x800
>>47136327
Yes. Sort of.

He/it was never a space marine. He wasn't even human officially.

Tradition among the local Dark-Technicians is that when one of their brotherhood dies they strip any usable parts out of the body be they biological or technological and they are then used to patch up a failing brother. Or construct a new member although usually with additional parts from the lab.

He was never born. He was Frankensteined together from parts.

Specializes in fortress and starship repair.

On a personal level he dislikes Tadaaki intensely because Tadaaki won't take advice when it comes to the rebuilding of the Doom Fort.
>>
>>47137440
cool idea!

Also a bump
>>
What other special characters do we have? Who is our head Warpsmith, seeing as we no douby have one?

Also, anyone wanna try writefagging?
>>
So whats the Name of our Homeworld and where is it located in the galaxy? We know its far away from the Tau Empire, but other than that what do we need?
>>
>We are a renegade chapter descended from the Imperial Fists Chapter
>We were excommunicated from the Imperium after we commited atrocities and/or cowardly actions as we neared annhilation in order to survive
>We are neutral, seeing chaos merely as a tool and consider the 'faithful' to be fools and slaves
>Even so, occasionally we give souls to please Slaanesh, in order for us to receive the occasionalk assistance from them
>We believe that power demands a sacrifice, and we are willing to sacrifice anything to advance ourselces, even our own brothers.
>We believe all that aren't us are merely pawns to be used and expended when we see fit
>We are often mutated in horrific physical ways(TBD)
>Our figure of legend(and possible current champion) is a dreadnought, who commited great atrocities upon an eldar craftworld and his name is still loathed by the race
>We live on a fortess jungle world, sticking to our fist roots somewhat
>We focus on armored combat, using many battle tanks to crush our enemies beneath our treads
>We make use of unholy wargear(TBD)
>We are slightly above strength, following our merging with another chapter with similar goals to ours
>We are allied with a Dark mechanicus and/or Traitor titan legion
>We are enemies with a hive fleet
>>
>>47142553
This is a bit out of date, a more up to date version is in the OP
>>
>>47142553
IF company

Excommunicated after allying with IW warband to fight Nids

Not chaos zealots, see greater strenght in machines

Recieve occasional 'gifts' from Slaanesh due to dedication to obtaining perfection

If the sacrifice of weaklings is needed to advance the cause of The Forged... So be it.

Loss of limb is a small price to pay for greater perfection

Pjotr the Unstoppable, Knight sized dreadnought-machine. Attacked craft-world for DarkMech favor, Wields a wraithknight blade

Reinforced on jungle planet (site of IF/IW battle?) site of Tadaaki the Unmovable, once another Dread, he has been incorporated into the fortress' defenses and is now vast machine.

Use lots of mechanized assault tactics, lots of tanks, the bigger the better

Use unholy(heritek weapons) from DarkMech

Largeish size (for a company? for a chapter?) due to being "Forged anew" with the IW

Allied with DarkMech, for their technologies

Fight the subhuman Nids, that dare attack their perfect mechanical fortress

Did I sum up most of it?
>>
>>47142772
Yup, good going anon! And yes, their current world is the site of their first battle against eachother and where they became the Forged.

As for size big for a warband so maybe not a whole chapter but... 5 or 6 companies worth? 500 to 700 marines+Servitor/Dark Mechanicus/Cultist support
>>
>>47142986
Just an idea to cement the ties between the IF and IW, when they team up to rek the Nids, Captain Pjotr could be severely wounded saving IW's from Nids. The IW warsmith dies though.
The IW show gratitude by entombing him in a dread
>>
>>47143207
Why not? Of course by that point I think they are already excommunicated by Terra.
>>
Ok, gonna bump this before bed. DOn't let this die, we have alot of work to do

Well, goodnight thread
>>
>>47142171
Far galactic south west.
>>
>>47144452
bump
>>
Do they have any space ships or are they locked down on their shitty little tyrannid infested rock?
>>
>>47148328
They should have some ships, im guessing two, one from the IF chapter and 1 from the IW warband. They do need to raid that eldar craft world after all
>>
>>47145062
My guns thunder and howl, tearing those pathetic insects in droves. Their imperfect biological forms forming ever greater mounds of death.
This pleases me.

I feel the servitors tending to my guns and my precious adepts, all so small, but necessary moving within my depths. The servitors move as streams, unified and with purpose. As it should be. I sense the Adepts again, hear their muttered chants and I FEEL, truly FEEL myself expanding, more sheets of metal and wires of the city becoming part of me. The feeling is indescribable, exquisite! A shudder runs through me, from my intricate wires, to my streets. The adepts chanting increases its tempo.

But then amidst this ecstasy and orderly perfection, something is amiss...
Those bugs! They dare to breach my walls? They dare to breach ME!?
I order my servitors, droves of them to the walls, my brothers feel my distress and continue to hurl the bugs back with renewed fury.
This is the last time they shall assault Tadaakai the Unmovable, the Heart of the Forged!

(my first time as a writefag go, easy senpai)
>>
>>47148979
The weird thing was that they weren't even wanting to fight the elder.

They wanted wraithbone. A substance that is alive but not biological in the traditional sense of the world. Technological but not mechanical. Material but of the warp.

They wanted to study, find uses for and find a way of duplicating it or something like it.

They were going to go to the craftworld and leave with a few bags of it. They would have preferred to trade either services or base metals or some such for it and both gone their separate ways. If no trade was to be made they were going to take it by force.

The Eldar never gave them the chance and opened fire the moment they spotted them.

They could smell the stink of Slaanesh upon them.
>>
>>47149190
MOAR! MOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR!

This is very good.
>>
We need a head apothecary.

And a head warp-dabbler.
>>
>>47150454
Hmmmmmm... indeed we do.

Ideas? I was thinking with our Warp Dabbler Sorcerer he is some sort of weird combo of Warsmith/Sorcerer/Possessed? Really drive home the combining of Daemon,Astartes and evolving machine?
>>
>>47150454
The head apothecary is an astartes entangled in an ever-growing mass of medical mechadendrites. He has dozens of the things, sprouting out of every part of his flesh and armour, even his left eye socket.
>>
>>47151491
Sounds cool to me
>>
>>47151371
There is another warp dabbler of note in the Doom Fort.

Or at least they assume its a psyker. Could be a deamon. Its hard to tell.

It looks like an old man with lots of white hair, a big white beard, craggy old skin and dressed in animal skins.

He is not there by anyone's consent or permission and his presence is unwelcome.

He carries with him a long stick with bits of bone stuck in it and a horseshoe nailed to the top with a bent nail.

He just spends all his time running around the fort and occasionally breaking expensive equipment. All attempts to kill or capture him have failed.

Occasionally he will vanish. Sometimes for months at a time. Nobody knows where he goes or how he comes back.

As he dances and capers about the place he sings and chants and mumbles and shouts all manner of nonsense and crazy talk.

If any of the Forged had been paying attention they might have noticed patterns in the gibberish. Sadly they have not.

It's worth noting that he only turned up after the assault on the craftworld. Many believe that he was inflicted on them by the xenos as a prank. They are wrong. The timing is purely coincidental. He is the tangled ball of string with only one end.
>>
bamf
>>
File: 1383315291742.jpg (245 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1383315291742.jpg
245 KB, 1920x1200
>>47113229
That fucking face
>>
>>47113243
That color scheme is actually pretty good
>>
>>47158590
A kickass anon made it for us in the first thread, it was basically unanimously voted to be the color scheme out of our choices

It is indeed pretty good
>>
>>47158590
>>47158871
Thank you
>>
>>47159010
No problem dude it is awesome! Now of course, we are just waiting for people to come writefag and continue building on fluff
>>
bamp
>>
>>47159143
What's there left to fluff?
>>
>>47161653
We can writefag, come up with events, suggest additional special characters, come up with battles and campaigns, who other than nids hate us, who else we have feuds with.

Our relationship to other chaos forces, our planet for one seeing as it still does not have a name
>>
>>47161695
Our planet should probably come first. What do we have so far, tyranid jungle bioforms?
>>
>>47161717
We know its our fortress world covered in a tyranid bio-jungle and that our fortess is basically always under attack to an extent
>>
>>47161745
Well, it should be a layered fuck huge compound, with a lot of segregation between sections of the fortress. That way, if one section falls, the rest can continue enough to re claim it. Also, lots of walls
>>
>>47161784
Yea like some Iron cage level of defensive shit in order to survive.

What should we call our fort? Honestly I think the name of our fuck off heuge fortress matters more than the planets name
>>
>>47161814
It can be both.

The Kilm? The Furnace? Forgehaven? Forged Throne? Forge-watch?
>>
>>47161717
The world they're on was the site of the fists and the warriors battle, they've fortified it against a hive fleet ever since.
>>
>>47161849
Lets not get to 'forge' crazy, we aren't Space wolves where every other object/rank has to have Forge or some variation in it

Lets try for something else, not that some of those aren't ok
>>
>>47161867
Sounds like entrenchments and craters turned into permanent defenses. They'd also have to have constant clearings around the fortress, lest it over run. Either scorched earth to the point of no return, physically carving out separations, or constant fires clearing near by jungle expanses
>>
>>47161883
Could incorporate either the fact that it was the sight of a major battle into the name, or that it was a crucible and the birthplace of the warband
>>
>>47161933
I like that idea!

The Genesis fort? The sacred battlements?

disclaimer OP sucks at naming. Also, now must sleep

Keep the thread alive(glad I seem to have jump started conversation)

night thread
>>
>>47161849
The furnace

Built on a volcanic vent in the already sweltering heat of the tropical planet. The thermal vent is used to craft weapons, equipment and ammunition for the Forged. Servitors toil in the blistering heat, as the Adepts of the True Mechanicum craft accursed technologies for their prophet Pjotr the Unstoppable.

In the heat of the furnace, weaknesses is purged and Forged Anew!!
>>
>>47162017
Crucible would work better, I think, since that is also the spot that the warband began
>>
>>47162042
The Crucible sounds good
>>
>>47162354
My only complaint is that it's a little generic. We need an adjective to go with it.
>>
What's the total numbers of the Forged (marines at least), and what is the percentage of IF/IW?
>>
>>47162477
I'm suggesting 40% IFs, 40% IWs and 20% later generation hybrids and outsiders.

For numbers somewhere between 700 and 900 Forged + shit loads of combat servitors.
>>
>>47162626
On this subject what should their attitude be towards recruiting marines from other legions/chapters/warbands be?
>>
>>47162626
Ok, so roughly Chapter sized. Thanks
>>
>>47165031
That's just my opinion based on such concrete concepts of "feels about right" .

Also I don't know if that should count Forged who are too far along the progression path to count as marines like Tadaakai the Unmovable.
>>
>>47165111
Yeah, I just wanted to know so that if this is still going by tomorrow afternoon, I can actually come up with some characters
>>
>>47165859
It should be if I am doing my job right

I like the Crucible, though I agree we need to add an adjective or something to it
>>
>>47166167
Who are the named characters we have so far (excluding Taadaaki)?
>>
>>47166199
Pjotr the unstoppable, Dreadnought champion

Un-named frankenstein Dark mechanicus(the forge master equivalent)

Crazy possibly daemonic dude(less of a character, as he does not help the forged)

Technically only 2 including Tadaaki, but I count the other two

We still need a Warpsmith, a Sorcerer probably, and just some other assorted characters
>>
>>47166237
Any terminators and/or Havocs/Devs yet?
>>
>>47113229
>>47115399
>ven as they become more and more like machines they remain individuals, with ambition and such. That's probably one of the most important things to remember
>>47128191
>Growth if it continues is theorized to go power armour, terminator armour, centurian, dreadnaught, Knight, Titans of increasing size and then finally either space ship or fortress depending on if they are in space or on a planet.
>By the time they reach the final stage their fleshy components are basically just organic computer and support systems.
>>47129098
>Unless they are on the ground for the final stages of their development then it goes
>power armour -> terminator armour -> centurion armour -> dreadnaught -> Knight -> Titan -> Bigger Titan -> Fortress -> Fortified City -> Hive.
>>47135424
>The Dark Mechanicus Adepts in his employ are the true inheritors of Mars by virtue of being right about humanity needing to get out of the dirt.
>>47136344
>The Dark Mechanicus adepts that wander his well tended mass are inclined to agree. He has armies of lovingly maintained and well crafted servitors all working with great precision and harmony.
>>47149190
>I sense the Adepts again, hear their muttered chants and I FEEL, truly FEEL myself expanding, more sheets of metal and wires of the city becoming part of me. The feeling is indescribable, exquisite! A shudder runs through me, from my intricate wires, to my streets.
>>47161695
>Our relationship to other chaos forces
I know my Daughters of Peace, or at the very least their Dark Mechanicus of Formidae, would like them.
The feel is probably not mutual, seeing as they keep trying to experiment with 'Nids.
>>
Daughters of peace eh? Would you like to explain yourself new faction person?

>>47166350
No actually, we prolly need some o dem
>>
>>47166458
Please go away ND. Nobody likes you.
>>
>>47166458
Is this the nigga from the bio-marines?
>>
>>47168789
I don't known. The quotes are from the forged though, this warband
>>
New recruits.

Should they enquired by the usual method of raiding imperial or independent human worlds or growing human bodies in jars?
>>
>>47126682

Why not Iron hands instead? They're more into the perfection of the machine and don't have quite the overwhelming hatred the fists and Iron Warriors have with each other as legion units separately to the Loyalist/Chaos split.
>>
>>47169923
Hmmmm... growing our recruits seems more likely, especially since we have a massive fort to hide cloning/recruit growth facilities

>>47170007
I suppose we could switch, but imperial fists was something we rolled and we sorta had a 'forged into brothers' vibe going, but changing to the hands is possible if we all agree it is the decision to make
>>
>>47170153
>>47170007
let's stick with the fists. It was rolled.

Or at least a fists descendent.
>>
>>47170525
Let's just a ticket with the fists company yea
>>
File: 1380860269971.jpg (212 KB, 574x650) Image search: [Google]
1380860269971.jpg
212 KB, 574x650
How do they feel about possessed?
>>
>>47172161
I'd presume they'd be opposed to it. They, for the most part, seem too arrogant and narcissistic to willingly give up control, especially when they don't really even worship the gods.
>>
Terminator Sergeant/Captain/Lord/Champion Wohlnir Thrice-Maimed- Survived multiple wounds that would've killed a normal marine. Killed Gerome Katre, Captain of the Night Swords and leader of the sanctioning force sent to kill the Forged.
>>
>>47173569
How do they feel about the Soul Forge?
>>
>>47174214
I feel like I should know what that is, but I'm currently drawing a blank
>>
>>47173824
Whats he like? How does he see Pjotr their Dreadnought champion? Tadaaki? The Dark Mechanicus? The strange old man?
>>
>>47176384
Heck if I know. He was largely a way for me to bump the thread while at work. I'll write more in a little while, hopefully
>>
>>47176384
>>47176756
Hmmm. For some reason I imagined Pjotr as the leader moreso than the champion. Gonna have to rethink things a bit
>>
>>47178989
Maybe, unfortunately OP gotta sleep

Discuss this I suggest, don't let the thread die

OP is now sleep
>>
>>47179282
Bump
>>
>>47179282
Hey man, I gotta sleep too
>>
>>47174605
It's the hellish workshop in the Realm of Chaos where the soul grinders and defilers and such things are made.

It could be considered a god in its own right except that it has no power bar it's customer base and no deamons bar those pledged to it from other gods in exchange for produce.
>>
OP back bump
>>
>>47181688
Presumably they know about it but don't rely on it, as the chapter is based in the materium
>>
writer's block bump. I swear I'll come up with stuff at some point
>>
The carnifex screeched, its xeno lungs and vocal cords lending to a truly terrifying sound... at least it would be terrifying if Petar could still feel fear. A weapon could not fear anything, and he had been a weapon far to long for this beast to cause him any fear. "The abomination of flesh must be destroyed brothers, bring it down!", shouted Sergeant Therix, and the Forged obeyed. Raising his bolter PEtar fired first, the rounds smashing into the thick xenos hide, seemingly causing only more anger.

The rest of the squad followed suit, raising their weapons in an attempt to bring the fex down. Malgred's autocannon shouted its siren song of destruction up at the great tyranid. The larger shells managed to pierce its exoskeleton... though it may have been to little to late. The massive beast charged the small hunting party of forged, barreling through the bio-form foliage and trees without heed, its scything limbs extended forward as it reached the veteran sergeant Therix at the front. He was bisected quickly and easily by the beast, all along still firing his plasma pistol into it at point blank range.

The rest of the party attempted to scatter out of the way, Petar dove into the muddy-swamp like earth, a massive claw smashing apart the tree that had been right behind him. The rest of the party were not so lucky. Malgred had been to slow, his chest lay open and his hearts had been burst, the fresh forged autocannon lay beside him, to young to have ever known the unity of Astarte and weapon. Of the others, only Erik had survived having ducked behind his own tree. Erik rushed from his cover, the meltagun he had had ever since Petar had known him glowing in preparation for another kill. But the beast was faster, its massive clubbed tail smashed into Erik's chest and sent him flying into Petar, the two tumbiling into the muck of the bio-swamp.
>>
Petar pushed the dead body of Erik of him with a single grunt of a word, "Weak", before coming to stand once more. The Carnifex saw its last prey, a lone marine with a bolter long since fused with his hands, the sloping metal and flesh making the two into one. It screeched and Petar growled back, a hail of bolts expelled from his bolter as he did so aimed for the beasts head. Luckily one bolt found its place in the tyranids left eye, the beast reeled up and screamed form the hit.

Petar was already in motion, a headlong charge at the massive beast, bolts impacting solid sceleton or finding a weak point and crashing through, pulping xeno flesh, muscle and organs. The fex brought a scything claw towards him, but Petar grimaced and took the hit to his pauldron, the ceramite cracking as the pauldron exploded from the force. Petar growled in pain as the armor was ripped from the elegant flesh it had been bound to, he would hurt this thing for that.

Its flank now exposed form the attack, Petar clambered upo its back quickly, spraying fire as he went, the beast flailing and attempting to fling him off. The Forged marine managed to keep his footing until he reached its head, as he rolled off forwards he turned his weapon to the ragged hole that was once the beasts eye, and fired another round into it. The boltshell ripped its way into the beasts sull, and exploded out the back as Petar collided with the ground and rolled away from the fex. The tyranid staggered a few steps, before falling to smash into the bog.

Petar stood, his wounded shoulder still oozed blood and sacred oil and he grimaced to look at it, even though the ceramite was already re-forming from his shoulder. He voxed in, "This is Petar of third hunting group, Target eliminated. We have need of multiple geene seed removals, though weak were their carriers strong is the seed.", with that Petar shut off his vox and surveyed his handiwork... another day another Tyranid dead
>>
>>47188100
>>47188100
That captures the feel perfectly.
>>
>>47188524
Thanks anon! I'll probably throw something else up later as well, OP gotta contribute after all
>>
>>47134373
>>47188100
Way better than mine anon
Great job.
>>
>>47187695
>>47188100
Pretty good stuff all
>>
>>47191121
>>47190017
Thanks guys, iz cool iz cool

Anyone else have ideas to add or suggest, or writefags to do??
>>
>>47191866
Maybe some inter-warband stuff?
What's the dynamic between the major players in the Forged?
>>
>>47192217
Well considering their ambitiousness and willingness to sacrifice anyone for power and the fact part of it come from the paranoid IW... probably pretty cutthroat, a fair amount of backstabbing and power plays amongsst anyone who is not like a dreadnought because once you reach that level you are basically a holy idol
>>
OP bump before bed
>>
>>47194071
As in, please keep the thread alive until I get back
>>
>>47191866
Writefags should writefag their interactions with other factions. That stuff's always fun
>>
>>47194192
bump
>>
Ok, I'm gonna try to write some stuff along these lines >>47192217 today
>>
This thread seems like it's 50% bumps
>>
>>47197966
eh maybe 30 or 45% I'd say. And there is good fluff and writefag tho
>>
How's the group organized? Squads? Companies? Platoons? Miscellaneous groupings of battle-hardened killers?
>>
>>47199727
Hunting parties.

Lose groups led by a champion constantly in flux
>>
>>47149190
>>47136344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEQReLZJXJQ
>>
>>47200443
That kinda strikes me as really weird, considering the "chapter" and its progenitors
>>
>>47200443
>>47200612
Seems very unorganized, which clashes heavily with the usual ideas of both the Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists
>>
>>47202120
Alright, squads then. But with their ambitiousness and willingness to sacrifice I imagine the sergeants have too watch their back lest their own men betray them for being to weak
>>
>>47202492
In a similar vein the regular soldiers can sometimes take a creative interpretation of their orders or fain deafness if they are being asked to make the ultimate sacrifice for the good of the many.

That's Chaos for you.
>>
>>47170007
>what is isstvan
Pairing makes no sense. It's like Batman teaming up with the joker out of desperation and then becoming a villain full time.
Absorb some no name UM successor please and let's have done with this.
>>
>>47204437
We were done with this in the first thread.

its an IF company that turned chaos with the IW, this was rolled forever ago
>>
>>47204467
Alright makes sense
>>
>>47205851
Yea we rolled it and an anon came up with a trult kickass story idea for it. There is actually a link to it in this thread
>>
>>47205897
Are archiving threads/compiling this stuff somewhere? We're growing ever nearing to the end
>>
>>47205988
uuuuhhh I don't know if we archived the first thread... but someone should archive this onne as we finish it in a few more hundred posts
>>
bumpin
>>
File: image.jpg (227 KB, 918x1348) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227 KB, 918x1348
Should we have a 1d4chan page? This qualifies for that, right?
>>
>>47209680
I'd say so, I can't start atm, but either I can start tomorrow or someone else can start tonight
>>
>>47209729
I'll start on the page tomorrow if no one else does before I can.

OP is now sleep, keep the thread alive
>>
>>47210333
Alright, sleep tight
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.