[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cofd/&/wodg/ Chronicles of Fagness and World of Fagness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 4.png (161 B, 4x4) Image search: [Google]
4.png
161 B, 4x4
Previous Thread: >>47096914

>Mage 2e for poor losers
https://mega.nz/#!B4US0aqZ!ZfMiO0LX9FP2pRWGMJKmosYd8PJiChPGx3ZJLKUJZs8

>Mage 2e for rich fuckers
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/181754/Mage-the-Awakening-2nd-Edition
>>
>>47112025
Chronicles of Darkness
>>
ok So do you need to put points in ruling Arcana?
>>
File: mageprimaries.png (86 KB, 385x287) Image search: [Google]
mageprimaries.png
86 KB, 385x287
>>47112025
okay so people keep saying that you get potency equal to your arcanum when you cast a spell with potency as its primary spell factor but I'm not finding that anywhere.
I just find that it's equal to your arcanum -1. Am I crazy or is everyone else crazy?
>>
>>47112025

For shame, you forgot the pastebin

http://pastebin.com/mByuG93b
>>
Can a time mage create a gun that can kill the past?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCw80EmuCuE
>>
>>47112093
Potency starts at 1. You get shifts up the scale equal to your arcanum -1. The distinction matters more for duration, because it's not a linear scale.
>>
>>47112093

It's confusing. The text states every factor starts at one dot, and then after taking penalties, you increase your primary factor by Arcanum minus one.

The book should instead have concisely stated that your base primary factor equals your dots in the relevant Arcanum and all other factors remain at one.
>>
File: 1452051298922.jpg (48 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1452051298922.jpg
48 KB, 960x540
Isn't Exceptional Luck (Fate 2) extremely good to have as a rote? It costs no Mana and can apply virtually any buff or debuff you want it to, and some of the conditions and tilts you can create are really good.
>>
>>47112151
Yeah. Yeah it is.
>>
>>47112080
You're daft if you don't, or playing the wrong path.
Your Ruling Arcana can cast improvised spells until the cows come home.
>>
Fuck fagness, go here:

>>47112174
>>47112174
>>47112174
>>
>>47112025
Real creative image there, fagness.
>>47112093
It adds arcanum -1. For potency, that's just your arcana. For duration, it matters.
>>
So, I think that we all agree that the Temporal Sympathy rules, as they are, are terrible, and lead to terrible gameplay where people get retroactively deleted from existence with little-to-no warning.

So, with that being established, the question arises "What do we replace them with?" Here's what I think we should do: We should take the Postcognition spell from 1e and turn it into an Attainment, using the 2e Temporal Sympathy table instead of the 1e one.
>>
>>47112151
Very much so, especially when you remember you get to use the creator's reach capacity.
e.g.
4 free reach
>>
>>47112190
>For duration, it matters.

Why?

Your primary factor still starts at your dots in the relevant Arcanum (all others at 1), and each -2 to the casting roll increases the spell one step on the regular or advanced charts. The fact that on the standard Duration each step doesn't necessarily equal one additional turn is no reason for the confusing language in the current text.
>>
Do Rotes and Praxes cost a flat one experience each or one experience per level of the spell?
>>
>>47112185
I was just thinking what if I really like only one of the ruling arcana for a path and ignore the other one?
>>
>>47112080
Yes, at least 3 spread among the two.

>>47112231
Because you don't always cast at full power, and don't always want to, but don't get bonuses for it. The phrasing matters for flavor, because there's a cognitive difference between "start at max, but downgrade if you want" and "start at 1 and get X free upgrades".

>>47112249
Just a flat 1 EXP, but Praxis' can only be purchased with Arcane experience for spells you've cast at least like a dozen times, while you need to have access to a rote from somewhere like a Grimoire.
>>
>>47112304

It still would be less confusing if your primary arcana started at Arcanum dots, and you could reduce steps without casting penalties.

The initial phrasing might have been used to make players feel everything was an "upgrade," but it's needless convoluted.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.