[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepy Players
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: 1330716884849.jpg (86 KB, 799x379) Image search: [Google]
1330716884849.jpg
86 KB, 799x379
I was wondering if anyone had any stories they could share of really sudden or just really creepy changes in player behavior.

I'll start.

>Playing nWoD/oWoD mashup/crossover/bullshit.
>long ass campaign
>get to the final session with no problems
>doing the last possible fucking scene
>our only hunter player sudden makes a bad roll (but I made a worse roll, so he would have been fine)
>suddenly flips the fuck out and storms out
>doesn't even come back for his shit, his friend has to give it back to him
>scares the shit out of my other players now
>had to be banned from the group
>acts like nothing happened

what do? stories?

>pic related: The spirit guide I made for the group.
>>
File: shut up about that.gif (4 MB, 485x272) Image search: [Google]
shut up about that.gif
4 MB, 485x272
Whose friend is he? How attached are they to him? Because I'd just stop playing with the dude if he's going to throw a tantrum. Bad rolls are a feature, not a bug.

Not really a creepy player story, but an annoying one:

>In college with playgroup consisting of students
>Only place everyone agrees to meet is the student center lounge
>Normal people milling about everywhere
>Our grid and rulebooks/character sheets clutter two coffee tables that we push together
>In several normie clubs and don't look like a neckbeard so I know people who don't know I'm a huge nerd
>Two of the people in my playgroup can't control their volume and will loudly get excited about how their +3 Greatsword IS GONNA SLICE THROUGH THIS FUCKING DRAGON
>Half of my interactions with them is just me softly chuckling and lightheartedly suggesting they mind the people studying ten feet away from us

Thank god I'm moving into a nice house next semester, /tg/. I can't wait to host game nights that I don't have to be embarrassed about
>>
>>47107832
Just gonna say

>first line
>WoD

What did you expect?
>>
>>47108315

Friend of the guy who owned the house we played at.

I don't know, but they were close enough that he was allowed to house sit.

>Because I'd just stop playing with the dude if he's going to throw a tantrum. Bad rolls are a feature, not a bug.

We did, what made it creepy was that he had literally never done that in the entire time I'd played with him.
>>
>>47107832
My somewhat-creepy player story.
>Pathfinder, custom setting
>I play a middle-aged elf (something between 55-75, the GM has changed the timeline a few times) who fought in a war some time ago, there was a small miracle in the village he defended
>One player makes a cardboard character magus (it was his first time) who was quickly replaced by a monk, another makes a ranger/gunslinger who is bipolar (surprisingly not as insufferable as one might think)
>Finally the last player, pretty good friend of mine and the GM, who brought the two previously mentioned
>First he makes a ninja catfolk-dwarf
>Gets told he can't be a ninja, there's not a not!Japan in this setting, just play a rogue
>"Okay, I will just found Japanese culture then"
>The fuck
>No
>No you can't found Japan
>Argue for a week about this, almost dissolve the game before it starts
>He agrees to play a ninja in all but name, and to not found Japan
>Because he and I are the most experienced roleplayers, and his character kind-of lacked direction in her life our characters became close
>It was left vague whether or not it is a father-daughter thing or a romantic thing
>That character was mauled by a bee-bear in a session I couldn't attend because of exams
>I never got to decide which way I wanted to go
>IMMEDIATELY has another character prepared
>It's a nerdy reclusive druid
>She read about my character in a book of war stories
>Obsessed about it so much that she took on my last name
>Is now pursuing a more explicitly romantic relationship with my character
>I am now caught in a post-mortem love triangle where no matter what I will inevitably end up cucking myself because his dead girl became an angel and will meet back with the party eventually
>I don't know how to roleplay a romantic relationship because kissless virgin
>I don't know if this player is just acting on attraction towards me b/c he's bi or if he's doing this because he's a troll
>I'm not
help
>>
>>47107832
>What the players saw
What am I looking at here? Same for the other two if they're more than "guy with katana" and "guy in fluffy costume".
>>
>>47108615
You need to either say something to him or say something to the DM because that is tres uncool.

Also, avoid the cuck, wouldn't be worth it.
>>
>>47108615
Have you tried talking to him about it like a functional human being?
>>
>>47108654
The far left is Gantz, not sure on the other two.
>>
>>47108666
>>47108677
I have talked to him about it. He did say he set up the love triangle intentionally (at least once the Catfolk-Dwarf died, I don't think all this was planned from the beginning). I did not bring up my discomfort with roleplaying a relationship because I'm usually GM so having a bit more challenging roleplay might be good for me, but if it gets too much or too real I will certainly have a talk with him and the GM.
>>
>>47108654

He was supposed to have been some sort of fuck up mage, but because of what happened (pre-campaign story blah blah blah) had his voice stolen and got stuck in the time inbetween the end of one world and the start of another.

For the game he was splatted as a ghost and was the "spirit guide" for the PCs.

Because he couldn't talk for half the fucking campaign, they thought he was some emo ghost holding up their progress.

It's not the katana that's important, it's the suit, somebody finds a copy of it with his name, matches it to the dollar store trinket holding his voice and gives it to him.

So after that, he's pretty much a bundle of fluff towards the players. (If they hadn't given it back, he would've "eaten" them though.)
>>
>>47108721

Middle is from 2nd assclass movie promo, 3rd is from concert promo.
>>
Not quite as bad as some of the others on here, but here goes.
>Running Dark Heresy.
>Creepy player in question is an Arbitrator. Which is odd because while he is the group's That Guy, he's always acted like a generic social retard, rather than acting creepy.
>Campaign progresses normally, until four sessions in.
>Arbitrator has suddenly decided he is going to seduce the Sororitas npc in the group.
>His seduction attempts come across as stalker-ish and rape-y.
>Shows up at her room, drunk, and attempts to push his way inside.
>Repeatedly states he brushes against her and makes makes up repeated excuses for physical contact with her.
>Eventually it gets to the rape-y part of his 'seduction'.
>During a fight, in which the Sororitas is attempting to purge some mutants, he tackles her, begins confessing his love to her, and trying to kiss and fondle her while she is attempting to push him away and shoot the mutants.
>Other players see no problem with this.
>>
>>47108911
>No problem
purge them all
nothing can save them but oblivion
>>
>>47108911

wut.
>>
>>47108615
Same guy as this, different player in question.
>GMing new campaign
>Entirely different group
>Almost entirely novice players; that's fine, I go into it understanding most characters won't be good
>Most live up to that expectation: 1-dimensional elven ranger, monk who acts like he's in Jojo, a 0th-dimensional druid, quiet undead wizard
>One player carries the party through rp, as the bard- his character was silly but well played
>And finally was the samurai/inquisitor/no longer an inquisitor when he realized his WIS was too low. He basically set out with the idea to play Guts from Berserk. This was a bit my fault, as there is a race in the setting who are described as physically demon-like.
>This was not a dark or low fantasy campaign- I though I had made that clear from the outset
>Mentioned to me how he wanted his backstory to involve how [pirate they were chasing] had raided his hometown and tortured his wife and family and forced him to watch, which caused him to go insane and justify his being an unbelievable dick
>He thinks this is good storytelling
>I was still new around these guys, so I didn't want to tell him how bad this sounds (it was his first character) so I changed it slightly (the wife and child were just killed, he was not forced to watch) and let him go through with it
>No one in the party likes him because he was chaotic stupid and they were neutral with a heavy lean towards good
>He talks to me about this, wants an opportunity to develop his character
>There was enough time at this point I felt comfortable telling him I didn't like his character and the other players wouldn't care about his development
>Suggest to him he accept his character's current place as the comic relief
>He's funny often enough that everyone has a good time of it
>He wants "serious" roleplay and wants me to kill off this character- something I admit I should have done a while ago
This turned out as less of a "Creepy Guy" and more of a "That Guy" but oh well.
>>
>>47109373

Creepy Guy and That Guy are pretty close though.
>>
Well there was one anon who's DM set himself on fire and tried to take them all with him
>>
>>47109550

Do tell.
>>
>>47109590
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/11633488/#11634329
>>
>>47108615
I know it's uncomfortable to be involved in, but the set up for that "love triangle" and the situation with the character's feelings towards the ninja is legitimately compelling.
>>
File: Flaming DM.png (76 KB, 1680x1271) Image search: [Google]
Flaming DM.png
76 KB, 1680x1271
>>47109632
Screencapped
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mr4267qXbD1qz4rgp.png (278 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mr4267qXbD1qz4rgp.png
278 KB, 500x333
>>47109740

Holy fuck.

I am never running a game in person again..
>>
>>47109632
>>47109740
that's one hot story
>>47109709
I agree, and he's probably as good a roleplayer as the rest of the table combined (though that isn't saying much) so I am certainly invested enough that I don't want to stop it here just because I'm feeling uneasy. But at a certain point I'm not sure I can handle pretending to fall in love.
>>
File: 1389461946344.jpg (38 KB, 362x346) Image search: [Google]
1389461946344.jpg
38 KB, 362x346
>>47109740
I don't think I understand why one would try to murder suicide via self immolation. You're supposed to do the murders before starting the suicide, no?
>>
>>47109847
I suppose he wanted to be certain of the suicide and just do the murders for bonus points? Like he was afraid that if he were to open with trying to murder them he'd get subdued and imprisoned or he'd succeed and chicken out?

Or maybe we can't expect logic from a suicidal/homicidal maniac.
>>
>>47109847
>>47109973
He wanted to die with the only people he considered his friends
>>
>>47109373
Going to bump with one more story; again less Creepy Guy but a sudden turn.
>My very first campaign, but I've played rpgs before
>Started with three other players, all entirely new
>Elf assassin, Human magus, gunslinger that-demon-race-from-earlier(he was chill though, no edgy just cake)
>Campaign goes for a while, biweekly or so, everyone has a great time
>One of the guys the gunslinger and I play mtg with (might have been ygo at the time, actually) wants to feel included
>We're very good friends at this point, and I know he's had bad experiences with friends abandoning him in the past and shit
>He lives close to the assassin's player; they've been friends for an unspecified amount of time. It comes to light eventually that they may have had sex at some point or something- I didn't delve into it because only the new guy was openly gay
>He joins as a druid not!Native American, b/c he's a furry (He understood to keep it out of the game, and to his credit he did)
>The second session after his introduction, players get ambushed
>They're in a crevice, two highwaymen above
>Everyone starts suggesting tactics- given druid is not a gamer, and whose only tabletop experience is card games, his suggestions are topped by everyone else's
>"WHY CAN'T I BE HELPFUL? I GUESS I'M JUST FUCKING USELESS BECAUSE I CAN'T MAKE GOOD PLANS. I MIGHT AS WELL JUST LEAVE THE PARTY."
>Try to mediate, the party can't do his plan because it's not great (this was years ago, I don't remember the specific plans) but we have trouble convincing him he's useful (no one was experienced enough with pf to know druids are broke as shit)
>We eventually calms down, we finish the encounter
>He and the assassin have an in-game spat, which quickly evolves into an out-of-game spat
>I try and fail to keep their friendship together
>Disperse
>I don't invite them back b/c I didn't want to deal with this
>I drift apart from both, despite being my first highschool friends
>Game quality improves immensely
>>
>>47110370
Not playing with Highschool friends has significantly improved the quality of every game I've played in. Being old friends means they think they can get away with shit a stranger wouldn't try. They're often right, because people don't want to lose old friends by chucking them out of the game, even if they're spoiling it.
>>
>>47110518

If possible, it's better to move to a different group after a couple of years, of course, that could backfire too.
>>
>>47110518
Well, no- one of my main groups is composed entirely of friends from my late high school days, including the gunslinger who's been a bro since freshman year. I've also had new players who try and get away with shit because they're new (e.g the 0th-dimensional druid from the samurai game tried to just cast any spell from his list without preparing it; I also had an online player powergame the shit out of a casual game).The key is to not play with people who are petty and emotionally unstable.
>>47110541
>Move on every few years
The problem with this (not that I'd know, I've only been playing for 5 or so) would be that players finally start to get the hang of games and improve, they start seeking things and playing characters out of their comfort zones, and game quality drastically goes up. Then again, all my players from all my groups have seen me kick out players because they broke the rules or fucked with the party. One group at least knows it's not personal; I hang out with both the druid and assassin on occasion, we're still on good terms they just know that they don't play D&D with me and we do other shit.
>>
>>47108330
Anon, there are more things in heaven and earth than memes you just made up yourself.
>>
>>47108457
Sounds like he might have some sort of panic disorder. Sometimes small things will cause people with them to freak out and bolt. If I had to guess, he never came back for his stuff because he was too embarrassed. I know a guy with a panic disorder and he's done something similar at least twice in the years I've known him.
>>
Never had a super creepy player, but apparently I was that guy.
>college nerd club campaign, like eight players
>all across the nerd spectrum (from no-RP smasher to animu-insert to strategic player)
>I'm playing no-nonsense rogue who ends up coming off as comic relief because my RPing is backed up by shit rolls
>we get ambushed by tiefling, beat them, tie them up as prisoners
>they free themselves in the night, but we recapture them
>"how do we keep this from happening again" the party asks
>my character says "break their fingers and they can't untie ropes"
>not even considered
>apparently I freaked some players out
>>
>>47111242
WoD is synonymous with drama though.
>>
>>47110697

I'm just really used to people physically moving away from the city I was playing (because I lived in a crappy town).
So it would be a completely different group afte a couple of years anyway.
I like to think they were able to settle wherever they end up though.

>>47112691

It's possible, doesn't change the fact that half of us thought he was gonna shoot us though.

>>47112797

I've seen that more with a) 40k and b) people who make the hard transition from free form/fandom based RP to dice based.
>>
>>47107832
So he got frustrated and stormed out rather then sit there and get upset with you all there?
If anything it seems like he knew he was gonna have a melt down so he separated himself from the group to avoid doing it in front of/around you all.
>>
kinda creepy, fucking stupid

>me and my roomies get stuck inside because of Snowpocalypse
>part time asshole DM decides CoC is a good idea
>everything is fine, we do char gen for a short campaign
>poor fucker next to me starts rolling badly
>loses two characters to stupid shit
>DM call a break so he can talk to the poor fucker
>poor fucker throws half his dice into the fire place
>rolls just fine the rest of the game
>>
>>47108911
She didn't shoot him for aiding mutants why?
>>
>>47113436

I get that in hindsight. But at the time?

>Guy with shotgun IRL TPKs after bad roll
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.