[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GW puts out new FAQ for 40k >mfw it's over 40 fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1370833650311.png (10 KB, 564x420) Image search: [Google]
1370833650311.png
10 KB, 564x420
>GW puts out new FAQ for 40k
>mfw it's over 40 fucking pages and it's only the 1st draft

Why the hell do people play this game again? If I had the 7th Ed rulebook and saw this I'd be demanding a refund because that shit is clearly broken.

I mean goddamn, that's more pages of rules than some of the codexes have.

Good on em for at least trying to fix it at least, but at this point you may as well just make a new ruleset and trash this one, it's clearly beyond help
>>
Which is why they plan to release 7th + FAQ changes and maybe more as 8th later this year. 8th edition Digital will be free.

Refining the FAQ means you are playtesting 8th.

You don't have to like it, and you don't have to participate, but this is the reality of the situation. Come to terms with it in whichever way gives you the most satisfaction.

If you decide to melt all of your Bretonnians in protest, film it for us.
>>
>>47101833
And the faq's have managed to give Eldar several buffs. Surprise!

Death from the Skies, Angels of Death, the new SM psychic garbage, CSM supplement reissues, etc, etc.... etc.

This game will continue to lose players at the speed of light. Instead of offering a quality game, theyve put all their chips on abusing it in attempts to force purchases. The numbers clearly illustrate that it's costing them sales instead.
It's entertaining to watch though.
>>
>>47101991
>8th edition digital will be free
>this is the reality

The air must be getting thin way up there on your high horse anon. My question for you is: do you believe your own bullshit? Because a free brb is a laughably stupid claim. Aside from how stupid it is, you'd have no way of knowing that anyway. You're speculating, with zero basis. You're just another shitposting fanboy; the sooner you come to terms with that, the sooner you can stop being a retard.
>>
>>47101991
I know someone that burned their dark elves when fantasy died for AoS.
>>
Games Workshop's an interesting mix of ludicrously bad business decisions and a dream of being a "hobby first" company with a player base that wants to forge a narrative.

They had the market cornered a decade ago, but lost quite a bit to very capable competitors.

I actually own / have invested in an embarrassing amount of GW merch and as much as I want to shit on their design and business decisions I REALLY hope they can bounce back.
>>
Link to these FAQs? Nothing on the official site.
>>
Link to these FAQs? Nothing on the official site?!
>>
Its on the GW Facebook page - Warhammer 40k on facebook.
>>
>>47102188
>I REALLY hope they can bounce back.

If you look at their last few 40k releases, they only serve to make the game worse. They continue to make the same decisions that have accelerated their sales shrink.
Age of Sigmar is never going to be a success, its weak aesthetic, weak lore, and troubled inception are too much to overcome.

Games Workshop would have to do a 180 tomorrow in order to stop the bleeding, and begin recovery. It wont be easy to bring former players back, and re-build the foundation they once had.
>>
File: buenomarine.png (424 KB, 842x434) Image search: [Google]
buenomarine.png
424 KB, 842x434
>>47102390
>facebook
>>
>>47102300
>>
>>47102300
>>47102598
If you've got questions about the changes, here's a link to a link of the facebook page. (Because 4chan thinks facebook posts are spam.)

Leave your feedback. This is a draft and they are (hopefully) revising it.
>>
>>47101833
they are going to churn out a "new" edition of the rulebook soon as far as I got
>>
>>47101991
How much do you get paid to shill for GW?
Serious question, not judging.
>>
>>47105507
>8th edition Digital will be free

There's no way he's a shill because GW would never give us free stuff.
>>
File: 1374001120518.jpg (123 KB, 700x397) Image search: [Google]
1374001120518.jpg
123 KB, 700x397
>>47101991
While I don't doubt this a stopgap till 8th shows up, I'm simply asking why the fuck do people play 40k when the FAQ they're working on is almost as long as some of their army books? A product that was so broken, inconsistent, and exploitable that this is only the 1st draft, indicating they need to add more.

People bitch about age of sigmar, but what about this? A $50+ rulebook with this much core rules and interactions fucked up, it's insane.

A product that needed 40 PAGES of FAQ is inherently broken from the get go. It's clear the ruleset needs to be scrapped and rewritten from the ground up. Seriously, name two other game systems that combined could even reach that amount of FAQs, some of which are straight up rules reversals or changes. Any other game system, and people would be shitting a brick right now over how shittily the rules were written. This would be like if you bought a car, only to get a recall for the frame, engine, brakes, and steering. Yeah, they're gonna fix that for you, but if it was built that shittily to begin with would you really want to keep it?

Also, what the fuck are you smoking that you think we'll get any version of 8th for free? Even with all of roundtree's reversals of policy I've got better odds that I'll get eaten by a shark in Colorado than they would ever willingly release 8th for free, even in PDF format.
>>
>>47108170
>While I don't doubt this a stopgap till 8th shows up, I'm simply asking why the fuck do people play 40k when the FAQ they're working on is almost as long as some of their army books
To be fair, a huge portion of it is GW making the rules clear for illiterate retards. Many of the questions were already answered in the BRB, people just tried to rules lawyer it so GW had to spell it out for them.
>>
>>47108203
The fact that they could rules lawyer in the first place is a sign of shittily written rules though.
>>
>>47109672
>implying well written rules has ever stopped rules lawyers from rules lawyering

Not really. The fact that they could rules lawyer implies that rules lawyers exist. That GW's rules are shittily written was just coincidental.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.