[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 19
>The god of Love is the BBEG
How can this work? Could it work?
>>
All the characters want to remain virgins.
>>
>>47100892
>How can this work? Could it work?

Since when did being the boss of something stop you from being a horrible cunt or really shit at it?

Maybe she really just wanted to be the goddess of hell and she's trying to get fired.
Maybe she's stopped giving a fuck and people are falling hopelessly, inappropriately in love everywhere?

>This can't go on, brave adventurer's, please stop her before another king falls in love with the sea or a giant ball of spiders!

Or maybe some other god did something that really ticked her off and now she's using her domain of influence for some kind of weird revenge plot.
>>
File: Slaanesh_by_baklaher.jpg (142 KB, 1024x1117) Image search: [Google]
Slaanesh_by_baklaher.jpg
142 KB, 1024x1117
>>
I could see this working well even without going grimderp evil with it. There are lots of ways you could go about it, this is just one off the top of my head.

A truly loving, compassionate deity of fertility, romance and beauty who tried her best, age after age, to nurture the world, to promote love however she can, but was finally broken by failure, by hatred and bloodshed rising again. When good men march to war and slaughter one another, how can a Goddess of Love smile upon this world?

Division, disunity, these are the enemies of love, which drive people apart and bring them to conflict... So all should be made one. Her cultists become unified as one mind, bound by universal love, reaching out to bring others into their sway. A perfect world of unending adoration, for one another and for the Goddess... A painted world, stagnant and unchanging, the beauty of a perfect moment, preserved forever. And now the armies of Love march upon the world, smiling and beautiful, beckoning others to join them in the blissful rapture of their Goddess... I think that could make a quite terrifying and rather unusual opposing force in a setting.
>>
>>47100892
What is love?
>>
>>47101111
>Division, disunity, these are the enemies of love, which drive people apart and bring them to conflict... So all should be made one. Her cultists become unified as one mind, bound by universal love, reaching out to bring others into their sway. A perfect world of unending adoration, for one another and for the Goddess... A painted world, stagnant and unchanging, the beauty of a perfect moment, preserved forever. And now the armies of Love march upon the world, smiling and beautiful, beckoning others to join them in the blissful rapture of their Goddess... I think that could make a quite terrifying and rather unusual opposing force in a setting.
I don't see why anyone would oppose this. Well, except for the forces of evil.
>>
>>47101206

Personally, I'd fight to retain my individuality and free will, to keep the world living and changing. I prefer the imperfection of a world that can grow and improve to the dead perfection of eternal stagnation.
>>
>>47101225
>I prefer the ability to improve over perfection

If improvement is good, surely perfection would be better?
>>
>>47101225
No, I want my utopia of never ending love and bliss, as would 99% of the whole world. Now tell me the name of this goddes so I can kill you in her name.
>>
>>47101158
Baby don't hurt me.
>>
>>47101004
>Slannesh
>Love
Anon please
>>
>>47100892
Steal Aphrodite from Danmachi. She went batshit insane once she realized her portfolio means that nobody will see and/or love the real her past her love-god-ness. Everyone falls in love with the god, regardless of the person behind it.

So, she is driven to find/create a perfectly pure person, who will see/love her for who she truly is.

In this case, she acts as BBEG (behind the scenes) to find heroes of good character who might be what she needs.

Assuming you want to use Aphrodite, and need an explanation for why this hasn't happened before, make her someone who /became/ the god of love rather than being created with the position like other gods.
>>
>>47100892
Love is a fickle and jealous emotion twin to obsession and extremely possessive.

You can go on and on about the face that launched a thousand ships but it also made a thousand widows.
>>
>>47101206
Love needs contrast to be understood.

We need balance.
>>
>>47100892
Easy.
Aphrodite, the stereotypical goddess of love, was a arrogant bitch just like every other Greek god.
She would get jealous if anyone dared compare a woman's beauty to her own or mess with her favorites.
>>
>>47100892
Fell in love with a god who died. Will do anything to bring him back.
>>
>confusing Lust with Love

Y'all motherfuckers need Jesus.
>>
File: desire sandman.jpg (48 KB, 404x314) Image search: [Google]
desire sandman.jpg
48 KB, 404x314
>>
The PCs are spurned lovers, men who got cheated on, men without hope of love, who want revenge on the gods themselves.
>>
>>47101494
>Thinks there's a difference between lust and love

Thats cute
>>
>>47101520
>thinks lust and love are the same

Which one lasts longer, and which one has you holding hands?
>>
>>47101111
FUCKING UNITOLOGISTS

Seriously, ready-made villains right then and there. There's only one way to keep the world pristine and peaceful in the minds of this god and his followers; complete and total unity. Not to be confused with harmony. Harmony would imply that the flawed ways of man are part of the grand design. No, in this view, man's flaws cannot be allowed to continue and he must be brought to heel, albeit with a glove of silk rather than a fist of iron. Make man surrender his own freedom.
>>
File: Johnny Hearts.png (124 KB, 473x356) Image search: [Google]
Johnny Hearts.png
124 KB, 473x356
>>47101494
Well, lust can sometimes eventually turn into love. Your outward appearance is what people will notice first about you.
>>
>>47101539
Try staying in a sexless marrage and get back to me on how well that went for you. I'll wait.
>>
>>47101577

I know a pair of married asexuals, and they seem to be doing just fine.
>>
>>47101577
Don't ask why I know that, but my grandparents don't fuck anymore.
>>
An obsession with creating stories of lovers who fight against the world for the sake of being together.
She influences a Romeo and Juliet pair into slaughtering their families so they can be together, leaving the land in chaos from the sudden loss of two major noble lines.
Giving a knight who has fallen for a princess the power to cut down any army that stands between him and her, with absolutely no regard to their lives.
Driving half to world to war because of making various men fall in love with not-Helen of Troy.
>>
>>47100892
That was actually the plot of Breath of Fire III as a point of fact.
Maria loved humanity a great deal and thought The Brood (the dragon race) was too powerful to be allowed to live and that they might one day destroy the other races or try to conquer them. And when a high-tech civilization arose that questioned her authority and power, she smote them because they would lead the world away from her live.

Imagine an overly controlling helicopter parent that smothers their children and prevents them from developing or doing anything significant that doesn't rely on her help, and then apply that to the ENTIRE WORLD.
>>
>>47101004
>no dick(s)
>no claws
>no handmaidens
>not a beautiful youth of bewitching Visage

I rate it 4/6 would not devote life to.
>>
>>47101335
Actually, Eros was the God of Love and Passion
Aphrodite was the Goddess of Beauty.
>>
>>47101668
*teleports behind you*
*tosses "To the Fairest" apple on the table
Nothing personnel gaddess
>>
>>47101577
Try forming a marriage based around nothing but sex and see how long it lasts.
>>
>>47100892
She loves you
You don't love her back
>>
>>47101520
You know you need to be at least 18 to post on this site, right?
>>
>>47101542
Bonus points if said cult is operating without royal interference, a religious group forcing the people's attention to turn inwards rather than all the outward problems around them, like a losing war for instance.

>"See how we live, beloved brothers and sisters. See the filth we allow ourselves to slovenly wallow in. Lust. Greed. Vice. We have never been further from the light of grace, yet this vile nature is a part of man's own rotted and festering soul, a hole in his soul that spurns beauty and love in favor of momentary, fleeting, mortal sins. We must correct our ways, brothers and sisters. We must be made whole."
>>
>>47100892
What is the siege of Troy
>>
>Love goddess.
>Loves you all but can no-longer stand knowing that many people don't love her back.
>Tries to be patient, spead her word and works her hardest so you can all see how much she loves you.
>Some refuse to listen, others outright reject and renouce her.
>Heartless bastards harm her followers who only know the ways of love and wish only to spread it.
>Feels that the world will never know love the way she does.
>Sees it as a mercy, since so very few will ever know the love she has for all of you, to wipe all but her followers out.
>It hurts her to do it, but if you can't love like her then you must be in pain, existance is a curse without love.

I mean, I guess something like that works?
>>
>>47101904
Well, she didn't exactly start it. She just didn't care about the consequences.
>>
>>47100892
He has decided that mortals cannot deal with romantic love. Now there will only be platonic love.
>>
>>47102109
Well this may sound crazy, but hear me out.
What if, and this is obviously an extremely big if. What if, in the hypothetical setting, she did care?

I know, the old 'things caring about things', but it may just be crazy enough to work.
>>
File: Dredd Homo.jpg (51 KB, 584x369) Image search: [Google]
Dredd Homo.jpg
51 KB, 584x369
>He makes platonic bro love into homo love
How does this change your setting, /tg/?
>>
>>47101515
Should come naturally enough.
>>
>>47102600
I stop playing.
>>
File: don vito abacus what the fuck.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
don vito abacus what the fuck.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
>>47101277
As an engineer, there is no such thing as perfection and anyone claiming to have it is the truly evil man with his gun against your head or his hand in your pocket.

>>47101280
Bliss and love doesn't protect you from the plague or from atomic warfare. We must all burn our pain as fuel for our journey to the stars, where we can scatter to the winds and sow wild human oats on every planet. We must at least provide for the future generations to have a chance even if our home planet is befallen by some terrible tragedy.
>>
File: angry feelguy.gif (63 KB, 1012x758) Image search: [Google]
angry feelguy.gif
63 KB, 1012x758
>>47101515
>/r9k/ the party
>>
File: Perfect Eva.png (153 KB, 557x605) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Eva.png
153 KB, 557x605
>>47102955
But there is perfection. Perfection is a godly concept. Us lonely mortals just can't see it.
>>
File: homu madokami no.png (507 KB, 440x2150) Image search: [Google]
homu madokami no.png
507 KB, 440x2150
>>47103846
Perhaps in the sense of the Abrahamic capital G God, but sure as fuck not to a goddess of love that might have just been some very successful adventurer who got really lucky two thousand years ago.

"Perfection" or what passes for it in our very mortal realm always comes at tradeoffs. See Faust QED.
>>
>>47101206
Free will, fighting against stagnation?
>>
>>47100892
Go read up on the Trojan War.
>>
>>47101293
Don't hurt me.
>>
>>47101306
It's explicitly in Slaanesh's portfolio.
>>
>>47105402
No more
>>
>>47100892

Sure, maybe the god thinks there is to much hatred and violence in the world so it wants to kill humanity and start over with 'love approved' hippies.

So unless you have a horde of pillow soft monster that smother victims to death the god will have to make an exception and use non-love lethal weapons.
>>
File: Bunny.jpg (93 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
Bunny.jpg
93 KB, 500x373
>>47105973
But, Anon, there is a thing called tough love and sometimes love hurts.
>>
File: Morrigan Crone of War.jpg (62 KB, 720x505) Image search: [Google]
Morrigan Crone of War.jpg
62 KB, 720x505
>>47100892
The goddess of Love is also the goddess of Passion, War, and Death.
>>
>>47106176
This is a goddess of love done right.
>>
>>47106176
So kind of like Slaanesh but toned down to tasteful levels?
>>
>>47106176
lol at filename. not a crone m8. morrigan goes all right though. hecate's better though.
>>
>>47101318
Oh shit yandere deity.

Yandeity.
>>
Remember how much shit Aphrodite stirred up in Greek mythology? Like the entire Troy debacle? Like that, but ALL THE TIME. Oh, you have a mostly stable political climate on this continent? Let me just make this king fall in True Love with this princess whose father won't let them marry, and have them go to war over her, causing the deaths of thousands.
>>
File: the power of love.jpg (374 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
the power of love.jpg
374 KB, 1500x1000
>>47101646
>Driving half to world to war because of making various men fall in love with not-Helen of Troy.

The god/goddess of love decides to recreate the Trojan War on an industrialized world with, say, a more or less modern tech level minus nukes. World War 3, horrendous destruction, hundreds of millions dead, and all over a chick.
>>
>>47100892
She's on her period and now the rivers run red with blood. The highlands suffer from lowered sex drives meaning a significant drop in population growth, while the lowlands see a complete halt in production since all they seem to do is fuck all the time. Alliances fall apart under petty squabbles, while other treaties grow to such a degree that xenophobia thrives.

Death, war and chaos ensue. Her ulterior motive? The goddess herself has fallen madly in love with another god and all this turmoil is not only caused by her madness, but serves to fuel her lover: the god of Death/War/Madness.
>>
>>47101577
"Sorry honey, we can't have sex anymore. I need to prove a point to some people I don't know on the internet."
>>
>>47100892
>>47100892
The God/dess of love loves creation so much that they are going to reabsorb the entire universe.

The God/dess of love is sundering reality into tiny fractions so that in each reality there is just him/her and one of her followers and noone else.

The God/dess of Love is creating a world of ultra-peace and love, dissent and conflict are not allowed in any form so bad ideas and corrupt practices are building up in society and stagnating it.

The God/dess of love is creating a hive mind of total unity, non-compliance is not allowed.

The God/dess of love is making a world where people are obssessed with love, they need it, they long for it and without it they are in pain. Suicide rates skyrocket along with revenge/passion killings as a cult of personality/divine autocracy starts to build about the God/dess of Love.
>>
>>47100892
So you have the god(des) of an emotion known to make people irrational, that if taken to far can become dangerously jealous and possessive.

Yes, how on earth could that possibly go wrong?

One way which I dont think anyone has mentioned is a simple "he/she falls in love with a mortal and 'will' keep said mortal safe. Lets say a prince, because royalty. This prince is called to lead his fathers army against the french/orks/nastiness... Well theres a good chance our goddes' love will die in that war. So they all have to die, she knows he couldnt just step down and declare peace she loves that about him so his enemies have to die. All of them.

It could start out as a simple benevolent patronship, the party may even be on their side but like all relationships gone bad it will get out of control.

Those peasants might rebel and overthrow the king over the new taxes.
The neighboring nations just might think the prince's army has been weakened and could attack.
He does deserve duke Scalboroghs beach estate, that'd just be perfect!
>>
File: Ishtar.jpg (1 MB, 1660x2208) Image search: [Google]
Ishtar.jpg
1 MB, 1660x2208
>>47112090
>>47100892

The original evil god of love:

"Where are your bridegrooms that you keep forever?
Where is your 'Little Shepherd' bird that went up over you?
See here now, I will recite the list of your lovers.
Tammuz, the lover of your earliest youth,
for him you have ordained lamentations year upon year!
You loved the colorful 'Little Shepherd' bird
and then hit him, breaking his wing, so
now he stands in the forest crying 'My Wing'!
You loved the supremely mighty lion,
yet you dug for him seven and again seven pits.
You loved the stallion, famed in battle,
yet you ordained for him the whip, the goad, and the lash,
ordained for him to gallop for seven and seven hours,
ordained for him drinking from muddled waters,'
you ordained far his mother Silili to wail continually.
You loved the Shepherd, the Master Herder,
who continually presented you with bread baked in embers,
and who daily slaughtered for you a kid.
Yet you struck him, and turned him into a wolf,
so his own shepherds now chase him
and his own dogs snap at his shins."
>>
>>47112552
Ishtar is a goddess of lust, prostitution, deceit and war, not of love. That passage IIRC is Gilgamesh calling her out on the 'love' she offers to get in his pants being just destructive lust.

She would still work as a good BBEG in that vein though.
>>
Celestial politics.

The former god of love was disgraced and demoted to god of fruit trees or something; the god of farm animals (or some other suitably amusing portfolio) managed to pick up the position as god of love and farm animals and is now doing a half-assed job at both of them. Stop the god of love before its "ehhh not really giving a shit" attitude ruins both love and farm animals!
>>
>>47100913
>4chan: adventure handbook
>>
>>47112601
>farm animals

No, make it the god of horses who got appointed the god of love.

And is now turning people into centaurs.
>>
>>47112635
>God of Love making horsepussy available to everyone
Seems like he's doing a great job to me.
>>
>>47100892
Love is the force that brings things together.

The god of love wants to bring the whole universe together. They are attempting to accomplish this by instigating a Big Crunch scenario.
>>
>>47112591
Love, too. Love must be authentic or it isn't real. It's an emotion, not just the affectation of an emotion. Therefore, as soon as you fall out of love with someone, it's time to move on.

An evil god of love might tell his creations that he's grown bored of them, and continuing to support them would be unfair to himself, and anyway he's found this other universe that is much more wonderful and interesting, so all his former worshipers need to stop bothering him with prayer, please, or he'll have to get violent.
>>
>>47101310
So you are basicaly saying, to create a saint seya movie?
>>
>>47102600
What if my character has platonic bro love with a girl?

Is it still homo love?
>>
>>47112678
To be fair, ensuring the Big Crunch Ending means the universe will repeat itself following a second Big Bang triggered by whatever event caused the first one.

Right now we're looking at the Heat Death of the Universe, from which there is no return. If the gods wanna make things have the potential to start over forever, I'm down with it.
>>
>>47101496
Desire ain't love anon.
>>
File: dean_facepalm.jpg (16 KB, 289x313) Image search: [Google]
dean_facepalm.jpg
16 KB, 289x313
>>47105440
Nurgle's domain is love, not Slaanesh.

C'mon anon. I ain't even read CSM fluff and I know that.
>>
God of Love is infatuated with the Goddess of Death. Goddess is not interested, so the God thinks "I'll send her lots of fancy souls, then she'll like me!" So he starts making people fall in love with things that will kill them. Imagine the party attempting to stop the King from casting himself into the sea to be with his beloved shark, or starving himself because he's in love with food.
>>
>>47105706
Oh whoah wow whoaah... Aaah! Aaah!
>>
>>47100892
Depends on your definition of love. In a mysandrist world where men could be brought to slavery through alimony / child support, I totally see the cult of love as enslaving men for the benefit of women.

If women were awarded this benefit in exchange for part of that labor through duty and status, you could have a literal army of white knights against the PCs.

Woman pray for safety / resources and protection, gets a charm spell, cause man to marry, owe 33% of his labor, make him work even more for own luxurious tastes.

PCs are brought out of the matrix. See friends being enslaved. Go MGTOW. Try to bring down the god of love and manipulative enslavement.
>>
>>47100892
Wasn't this a season of Angel?
>>
(S)he's in love with the God(dess) of War and will do whatever (s)he can to get his/her attention.
>>
>>47112748
That girl turns into guy.
>>
>>47113026
Anon, we need to talk...
>>
>>47100892
The funny thing about love is that it doesn't necessarily correspond or adhere to any kind of reasonable ethical standard. Loving someone doesn't mean that you will do what is right where that person is concerned all of the time, or even most of the time. They say you always hurt the one you love, and though it's clearly a hyperbole, it is true that love offers no protection against harming the object of your lvoe, and in fact you're more likely to hurt the one you love than anyone else, even your hated enemies. The overwhelming majority of violent crimes are against loved ones. People, as well as all the more popular gods, abuse and kill out of love. Being hated is much safer than being loved.
>>
>>47117949
Deep
>>
>>47101280
Actually in the Mormon prelife thing they say the reason for the war in heaven was Satan wanted all the people to be forced to be perfect. This would destroy our free will, which according to them is the greatest gift God gave us
Anyway long story short 1/3 sided with Satan and were cast out and 2/3 stayed with God
So if you are a Mormon you would say that 100% chose free will, at least before life and when they had been around for untold eons
>>
>>47118917
Correction 100% of people who have bodies/ had bodies/ will have bodies
>>
>>47118917
By that reasoning, if we don't choose to be evil we're squandering our greatest gift and might as well be automata.

BRB, gonna go do some cool sins like masturbating and supporting gay marriage.
>>
Make it the god of regular love and not universal and equal love.
>>
>>47100892
>How can this work?
Are you a man? Have you ever fallen in love with a woman? Do you have two braincells to rub together?

You should know the answer to this. Love is inherrently irrational and makes men voluntary slaves to creatures that otherwise have literally nothing to offer them.
>>
>>47112781
Are you implying that there is no difference between familial love between parent<=>child and romantic love between two codependent individuals? Because it is quite clear that OP intended love in the romantic sense. I don't think Nuglites generally want to grow up and marry their papa.
>>
>>47100892
Look at all the Greek myths about Aphrodite.

She was a turbocunt before that was even a thing.
>>
File: 1456437685547.jpg (3 MB, 2000x2476) Image search: [Google]
1456437685547.jpg
3 MB, 2000x2476
>>47100892
>loving gods are big bads
"Of course..... I do love you".
>>
File: 1zp1nib6.png (647 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1zp1nib6.png
647 KB, 1280x720
>>47111757
make it a trap and I'm sold.
>>
>>47117417
Shoot, what da ya want?
>>
>>47100892
He's also the God of Rape
>>
>>47100892
>How can this work?
God is trying to turn everyone into mindless insane sexbots, characters fighting for their freedom and individuality.

God decided that a certain class of people were to be sex slaves, characters fighting to maintain their independence.

God declared that one place is the seat of his power, trying to militarily take over the world.

God is running around smiting everyone not currently fucking.

God is running around for [desire reasons] and causing trouble in the mortal world.
>>
>>47100892

Love is a battlefield.
>>
>>47124934
But can it bloom?
>>
>>47113002
No, seriously, NO MOAR!!!!
>>
>>47100892
Another immortal tries to remove the God of Love's divinity, but this instead drives him insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0iO6iXvDs
>>
>>47113002
dun, dun, dun, dundun dun, dun dun...
>headbob.gif
>>
>>47101111
>compassionate deity of fertility, romance and beauty
>fertility
Why is it always fertility? It would be one thing if it was a sometimes thing but it is there every time.
>>
File: 1450927095871.jpg (86 KB, 546x539) Image search: [Google]
1450927095871.jpg
86 KB, 546x539
>>47111892
>>
>>47101912
Pretty close to Gnosticism, except they had the whole sex is evil because it creates life, thing.
>>
>>47101605
Asexuality is a mental issue similar to OCD or bipolar disorder.
>>
>>47100892
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

There you go.
>>
>>47101721
if their lust for each other never dies, it will last till they do.
Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.