[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm not sure if it's okay to post these here or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].jpg (51 KB, 426x654) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
51 KB, 426x654
So I'm not sure if it's okay to post these here or not, but since I saw all the DoWIII threads earlier I thought maybe it would.

The other day on /v/ we had a thread about the possibility of a squad-based FPS or TPS game about the Imperial Guard. It was a robust discussion but short lived, and I thought I'd get the views of /tg/ on such a game, IE what you'd like to see in it. A couple of ideas tossed out in the /v/ thread were that the game could have a mechanic where you could switch between the PoV of your squad (since it'd be assumed many of them would die) and the idea that you'd be playing some elite guardsmen like Stormtroopers or maybe even Elysian Drop Troopers, since Grav-Chutes could make for a fun gameplay mechanic.

There are just so many WH games coming out of late, but they're all either focused on WHF or on Space Marines. Maybe, at some point in the near future, there'll also be room for a little IG love. What would you guys want out of it if such a thing happened?

Thread theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUW8sBaacQI
>>
>>47099474
>What would you guys want out of it if such a thing happened?
IG not acting like canon fodder and jobbers for once
>>
>>47100277

Isn't that their job? I mean, sure, they have elite units (which is what this game would presumably be about, because it's no fun playing a game where you die to Tyranids in the first minute) but the IG standard operating procedure is to grind their enemies down through attrition and sheer numbers.
>>
>>47100352
You can't get attached to throwaway characters like that. Fun of TPS game is playing a group of characters, learn to like them, see them getting through shit together. If they die like flies, and even stormtroopers do, it kills most of the enjoyment.
>>
File: seagal operating.webm (231 KB, 708x392) Image search: [Google]
seagal operating.webm
231 KB, 708x392
Imperial Guard Arma with all the tacticool gubbins and autistic attention to detail you'd expect from a regular Arma title--fucktons of uniforms and camo patterns, countless gun and vehicle variants, milspeak out the ass, and a gorillion different colors of smoke grenade. Throw in easy moddability and Zeus mode and you're golden.
>>
>>47100524

No, but it should be a part of a game. I could see a great game opening with you preparing to launch a huge assault on something, in a dropship or transport with some regular guards. One of them panics and the Commissar blows his brains out.

You play a series of missions over the course of a major campaign, perhaps fighting a rebellious world only to discover the whole thing was a Xenos plot. You escape alive through impossible odds, live through more than most guardsmen can imagine, all while navigating your own conflicting and suicidal orders, doing what's necessary to survive under the noses of your officers.

At the end of the game the campaign is over, you're ready to go on leave... and then another commissar blows your brains out for subverting your orders earlier. Game ends with your body being flung in an incinerator.
>>
>>47101442
That's just fucking grimderp for no reason. Better would be the Commissar leading a man with an embossed =][= and charging you with heresy.
>>
>>47106543

That's more or less how the Space Marine game ended, though.
>>
File: welcome to bad company.png (310 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
welcome to bad company.png
310 KB, 640x360
>>47106543
Even better would be if the Inquisitor showed up with a recruitment offer for you and your fireteam.

All-Guardsmen Party meets Battlefield: Bad Company.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.