[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any "good" forces/deities that reside in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1991-CLA.jpg (255 KB, 700x553) Image search: [Google]
1991-CLA.jpg
255 KB, 700x553
Are there any "good" forces/deities that reside in the warp?

We see all the time malevolent forces of Chaos manifest themselves from the warp into reality, corrupting it. Is there any opposite force that tries to manifest in reality for good?
>>
No. Next question please.
>>
>>47099082
Maybe, though nothing on par with the big 4.
>>
>>47099141
So there are no examples in all the lore of "good" manifesting from the warp, even in small ways?

I mean, at one point the warp was relatively calm and not overwhelmed by chaos. There must be some entities who have survived from back then, right?
>>
>>47099082
The Emperor and any of his daemons.

Gork and Mork aren't "good" per se but they also exist.
>>
File: 41787_0022_09_a_10_123_754lo.jpg (343 KB, 1071x1600) Image search: [Google]
41787_0022_09_a_10_123_754lo.jpg
343 KB, 1071x1600
If Chaos encompasses all possibilities, why would it not occasionally create benign or lawful deities of great power?
>>
>>47099237
Most of them got eaten, killed or imprisoned.

I said maybe though, because the Formless Wastes are a no-mans-land for the big 4, and some independent daemon princes and other entities have carved out their own small realms there.

That said, you're looking at Daemon Prince level on the upper end, and they are likely in hiding so as to not draw attention to themselves.

This is all theoretical though. There's no confirmations of such stuff existing, but it is a logical concept.

Why do you ask, out of curiosity?
>>
>>47099291
>Chaos
>Lawful
>>
would it truely not be chaotic for a chaotic entity to emphasise order? All things are happening simultaneously in the warp, why not that?
>>
>>47099384
>>
>>47099237
Every imperial miracle, the legio damnatus, nurgle saving Isha,...
Any emotion feeds the warp, be they negative or positive.

Lore is pretty focused on neverending war, so happy bits are rare.
>>
>>47099237
At one point the Elder gods resided in the warp (maybe?), but I think after the birth of Slaneesh they were all killed or enslaved. They may or may not be considered good, or possibly benevelont. I think the emperors conscious might reside partly in the warp as well, so there's that.
>>
>>47099488
*Eldar
>>
>>47099322
I've Read Gaunt's Ghosts, and in the first novel there's a short story where the Sniper Mad Larkin has to make a tough shot. Doesn't help he is crazy. So one of the angelic statues starts communicating with him, and in the end calms him enough to make the shot, giving him a piece of cloth to help stabilize his rifle. Afterwards, he chalks it up to him being crazy; but the cloth is still there. It might have been a manifestation of the Emperor, or some other entity, but it diffidently DID have an influence.

After reading that, I've been trying, out of curiosity, to find moments or entities that have occurred in 40k similar to this; where there are positive entities that help. I realize it's a futile struggle because grim darkness etc, but it's really enjoyable to occasionally read about something good occurring in all the bad; as the light surrounded by darkness makes it even brighter.
>>
It's always left purposefully ambiguous, but I always like the theory that The Emperor is his own Chaos God, and that Angels aren't just hallucinations or metaphors, but are Imperial Demons, warp entities of faith and righteousness. Which doesn't make them good, by any stretch, but they're on mankinds side at the very least.

The story in >>47099702 is one of my favourite canon examples of it, although IIRC it's the second book, not the first. The first book is a single long story, while the second is a collection of short stories with a primary plot tying it all together.
>>
If you think about it too much, the Chaos gods DO represent the good sides as well.
Tzeentch may be a cruel trickster, but he also represents progress. Tzeentch is the cause of all evil plans but also the cause of all plans to stop the evil, ergo all good plans.
Nurgle may be a rotting pile of flesh, but he also represents renewal. Meaning the life cycle, therefore Nurgle is technically nature incarnate.
Slaanesh may be a BDSM wet dream of pain and torture, but Slaanesh is also a representation of Joy and Happiness. Without the pain brought by Slaanesh how can we truly appreciate the happy times.
Khorne may be a force of pure mindless rage, but he also represent survival of the fittest, justice, and a fight. He won't stab you in the back like the rest of the chaos gods, He'll repeatedly do it to your face instead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.