[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Squats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: Squats_colour.jpg (395 KB, 953x1331) Image search: [Google]
Squats_colour.jpg
395 KB, 953x1331
So for some strange reason GW actually thought about it and decided to bring back the Squats as a playable faction, albeit under a different name.

You are responsible for it and it is up to you how they are named and how they make their grand debut before their codex is released.

I'll start with my version.

The Squats are renamed as The Void Clans, and their debut begins when they appear suddenly over Baal where they aid the Blood Angels and their successors in the defense of the planet when finally a tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan, as well as the Khornate Host of Ka'Bandha, finally hit it. The space dwarves originally were after the aliens (due to obvious reasons), but they also have a raging grudge towards Chaos.

Seeing the Space Marines besieged, the abhumans launch an assault on both Tyranid and Chaos forces and bolster the manpower of the Astartes. The battle drags on, but neither side is getting the advantage.

What's your take on it?

Also Squat thread. And no, they came back in 6th Edition as a background abhuman race. And not even on the extinct list.
>>
Star Midgets
>>
Astra Militarum has its own sub-militia formed out of squats only, the so called "provocavit ad verticem", who use their own vehicles and wargear, mostly different to the standard Astra Militarum equipment.
>>
>>47095717
Who are also murder midgets.

>>47095741
Special forces? That actually is nice.
>>
Vertically challenged marines
>>
Going for a classic

Stunties
>>
>>47095842
Teeny Mariney
>>
>>47095710

In the Age of Sig... The Emperor there can be only Spess Duardin.
>>
THERE IS NO TIME TO BE LOST, BATTLE BRUVAS!
STUMP MARINES! TODEH THA ENEMY IS AT OUR DOAH...
>>
File: dwarf-wreckers[1].jpg (15 KB, 500x242) Image search: [Google]
dwarf-wreckers[1].jpg
15 KB, 500x242
>>47095710
>under a different name.
so, Demiurgs ?

About squats, I would make them less space dwarfs and more frontiersmen..
Add a wild west vibe, cow-boys on bikes would work nicely in high speed fights against Mad Max orks.
Still going with the american frontier and displaced population theme (since their worlds were eaten by 'nids), the engineers guilds and the league would act like merchants trading the remnants of thier former tech (which explains why SM and IG use squat tech like thudd guns) and mafias trying to regain control of the squats.
>>
File: toshiro.jpg (65 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
toshiro.jpg
65 KB, 800x500
>>47096093
I'd buy this
>>
>>47095710
Naugrim or Khazad.

After the Nids, they got really desperate & pissed off. Both angry at the Imperium for allowing their destruction & the vile Nids for killing them. Pooling the best of their scientists & technology together, they take advantage of the lengths they & not the Imperium are willing to go. All sorts of grimdark genetic modification, tinkering with Xenos technology, maybe even an attempt to engineer an army of Robo-Squats possibly with Abominable Intelligence later, they're a smaller but deadlier force than ever. Pretty much Squats going through all sorts of grimdark forbidden science in an attempt at making up for their decreased numbers.
>>
>>47096055
You know? There was once an Age of Ultramar idea and actually ended up way, way better than Age of Sigmar.

>>47096093
Demiurgs are with the Tau.

Here be Imperial Space Dwarves.

>>47097155
Nasty.
>>
File: fr[1].jpg (148 KB, 600x522) Image search: [Google]
fr[1].jpg
148 KB, 600x522
>>47097155
>Pretty much Squats going through all sorts of grimdark forbidden science in an attempt at making up for their decreased numbers.
Mid'nor dwarfs from confrontation have a grimdark theme going on.
Due to dark magic and fantasy radiation, they mutate and are skinless, so they have to wear the decaying skins of other people. It makes them very strong fighters, though.

>>47097224
>has to use a jetpack to headshoot the marine
kek.
Wolf and sister was great.
>>
>>47098183
>Wolf and Sister was great.

Despite some things that were kinda off, it was a solid and entertaining comic.
>>
>>47095710
>Space Little People
>Inhabits the planet of S-Justicar
>Imperial ships are being loaded for a crusade
>ramps not adapted for dw... little people
>they get left behind
>writes angry letters to The Daily Imperial
>Mars has now modified all 10 000 000 ships in the Imperium, ruined 2 sectors in the process
>Space Little People now boards the ships
>"Here are your weapon dw.. honorable member of the Imperium"
>Lasgun to big
>>
>>47098303
I'd see them with Las-Blunderbusses
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.