[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scion 2nd Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: Scion 2nd Edition.jpg (432 KB, 580x864) Image search: [Google]
Scion 2nd Edition.jpg
432 KB, 580x864
What we thinking about it so far? Is it good? Bad? Shit? Better? Worse? What's better about it? What's worse? What do you want or don't want to see? What do you think you would?
>>
>>47094229
What. When did it come out? I wasn't aware it was even being planned to be worked on yet.
>>
>>47094296
First alpha just came out, and Onyx Path's been talking about the changes they're planning on and off for some time.
>>
>>47094328
Can you provide a link to the alpha then?
>>
>>47094368
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tWNQe4TAnKjyHA2TDqIki7hK6Vob0w8oX94SjC2kBis/edit
>>
>>47094229
>>47094382
Sweet thanks
>>
>>47094229
Damn that make so much time I heard that they will make a scion 2nd ed but didn't saw anything about. I really liked the first one setting, I hope this time the rules will be better.
>>
>>47094441
You're dealing with Onyx Path now. They're going to be a poorly thought-out, untested mishmash of whatever chunks they've copied off of Fate and Apocalypse World they thought would make them popular and bits of the old system they've changed so they can say they've changed it.
>>
>>47094456
No, no, that's just Holdemorke. The other developers at Onyx Path can actually make decent shit. I actually expect Storypath to make a laughing stock out of Ex3's mess of a system.
>>
>>47094382
Well, it is incomplete as expected from an alpha.

>Quetzalcohuātl: wisdom, light, justice, mercy, wind, dangerous white people
Really?
>>
>>47094599
O-o-o-o-onyyyyyyx Paaaaath!
>>
>>47094611
Don't they actually imply that Cortez was one of his scions?
>>
>>47094599

>Quetzalcohuātl: wisdom, light, justice, mercy, wind, dangerous white people

...wait, what?
>>
>>47094754
Why're you letting stuff like continuity get in the way of your agenda, huh?
>>
>>47094754
>imply
It's not even implied, it's in scion god IIRC and Cortez is a scion of Quetzalcoatl.
>>
Oooh boy, can't wait for them to once again wax about how the Dodekatheon are infantile, the Pesedjet are stuck up, the Aesir are crazy, the Atzlanti are monsters, the Amatsukami are sociopaths, and the Loa are wise, charming, clever, powerful, and admirable.
>>
>Nagualism
Jesus Christ. What's next? Areteness?
>>
>>47095407
How aretish.
>>
File: Scion 2e.jpg (533 KB, 1000x506) Image search: [Google]
Scion 2e.jpg
533 KB, 1000x506
I hadn't realised development had come along this far. The system itself seems fine; I like that the Attributes now have a dedicated defensive stat for each situation, and two different ones that can be used offensively depending on the approach of the player. Is this common across the Storypath stuff?

>>47094806
Kek. They really missed with that one. The Loa could have been a lot more interesting if they played up how they were interested in the local good to the detriment of the world as a whole.
>>
Are the Annunaki and Igigi planned for this edition, or does the game still lack the best pantheon?
>>
File: Scion Party.jpg (114 KB, 1024x528) Image search: [Google]
Scion Party.jpg
114 KB, 1024x528
>>47096421
Also, I like that they're trying to keep Fate around, it was one of my favourite levers as a GM to influence players and the story, though Paths might be too broad. Also, they seem to have fixed quadratic Epic Successes, which is nice.
>>
>>47096465
Hero is set to do 10 Pantheons; they've hinted at a North American Aboriginal one, and it's very likely there will be a Mesopotamian one. However, they also talk about dead pantheons, and maybe Gilgamesh is a dead god floating in the Astral Sea.
>>
>>47096666
Are titans and titanspawn still in? How is the scaling on soak vs. damage vs. dodge? Will firearms be near useless once you get up to a certain point as are followers?
>>
File: scion_10.jpg (159 KB, 648x354) Image search: [Google]
scion_10.jpg
159 KB, 648x354
>>47096725
>Are titans and titanspawn still in?

Yes. The basic parts of the metaplot seem to be the same.

>How is the scaling on soak vs. damage vs. dodge? Will firearms be near useless once you get up to a certain point as are followers?
Well, Epics are out, so hopefully that will restrict the ludicrous scaling. I don't know anything that's not in the PDF+ a bit that's been mentioned online.
>>
>>47096783
So then other than making it easier to get successes, how does a god differ from a mortal who has the same dice pool?
>>
File: I Dunno.gif (978 KB, 245x234) Image search: [Google]
I Dunno.gif
978 KB, 245x234
>>47096805
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tWNQe4TAnKjyHA2TDqIki7hK6Vob0w8oX94SjC2kBis/edit

Read for yourself. I don't know shit about any rules that are not in there, because this is literally the first morsel of rules they have released, and it's still an alpha of the basic rules of the first book. There's no rules about gods.
>>
>>47096850
Oh, so you didn't know more than I did.
>>
File: Confused.jpg (7 KB, 186x208) Image search: [Google]
Confused.jpg
7 KB, 186x208
>>47096889
I told you that in>>47096783, anon.
>>
>>47094382
>Storypath is a roleplaying system, designed for heroic adventures featuring larger-than-life protagonists

So.
Why does Exalted still use storyteller?
>>
>>47097032
Two possibilities
A)Because they hadn't finished Storypath in time

B) Because they want to keep Storypath for their Psion line.
>>
>>47097032
Storypath is their proprietary system for things they own, not things they license.
>>
>>47094599
Is Dangerous white people a new purview?
>>
>>47097618
How does that all shake out, anyways? I thought Onyx Path was White Wolf basically setting up another corp so they could dodge debt collectors, and a bunch of licenses belong to Onyx Path but not all of them (though they seem to print all the WW books), and now I hear WW was bought by Paradox.
>>
>>47097646
What's it's Avatar form? Vladimir Putin?
>>
>>47094599
>>47094762
I feel like it's probably a joke placeholder, but it does actually fit with Quetzalcoatl's myths, so I'm not too concerned with some kind of sjw menace in this case. Quetzalcoatl has always been describes as appearing as a white guy among a pantheon of central amricans-- not necessarily a european or whatever, just bing unnaturally white in the same way gods can be all kinds of weird colours.
>>
>>47097654

OPP came into being when CCP downsized their White Wolf division to the point that it was basically just a holding company, and would no longer publish anything. OPP was so that the White Wolf team and it's freelancers could do something with CCP's now useless IP. They bought the less popular stuff from them outright, and let CCP hold onto WoD and Exalted as a bargaining chip. Paradox ended up buying those properties and the entire White Wolf company, reviving it as their own subsidiary.
>>
>>47097654
When White Wolf got bought by the company that ran EVE years ago, Onyx Path formed as a totally separate company. They licensed the WoD games, Exalted, Scion, and so forth to keep them going because...CCP was it?...only cared about the potential MMO.

When that failed and White Wolf got sold again, Onyx Path stepped up and outright bought the rights to Scion and Adventure/Aberrant/Aeon while retaining the license for the others. This means they use Storyteller for the ones they license and developed a new one for the ones they own.
>>
The preview is some neat stuff. I hope they do something with the way modern Mexico blends a lot of their old religious stuff with typical spanish catholicism, there's a lot of cool folk belief there-- figures like Santa Muerte and the like. If 2e keeps 1e's depiction of Yaweh-as-Titan it might be tough to pull of, though. Hard to say.
>>
File: 1462162486237.jpg (31 KB, 388x532) Image search: [Google]
1462162486237.jpg
31 KB, 388x532
>>47097756
>Paradox ended up buying those properties and the entire White Wolf company, reviving it as their own subsidiary.

And probably regret it.
>>
File: Scion.png (100 KB, 1600x812) Image search: [Google]
Scion.png
100 KB, 1600x812
>>47098020
It depends on how they handle the pantheons; I know they are being rejiggered into some divinely appointed thing, rather than existing in their own right. If they bring in modern reinterpretations, it changes up the structure quite a bit.
>>
>>47098049
They'll probably try it again in a few years.
>>
They said 10 Pantheons, and that all the core ones from the 1st edition would return (Greek, Egyptian, Norse, Japanese, Voodoo and Aztec). That leaves room for 4, and they've hinted at both the Tuatha de Danaan and the Mabinogi (because that's not a complete and utter waste of a precious pantheon slot). What of the other two?
>>
>>47099862
One of them is probably going to be Mesopotamian/Persian/something else from that region, and the second is either American Aboriginal or African. Runner-up goes to Hindu or Chinese.
>>
>>47099966
Man, tough choice. They really shouldn't have gone for the Tuatha/Mabinogi thing. I mean, I get they're different pantheons and I got the utmost respect for the Welsh and all but when you can only afford to tackle 10 mythologies with your book is it really smart to waste one on what is practically a regional variant of the other? Good thing they didn't do the Greek and Roman pantheons as two separate ones either.
>>
File: Get Me Laughter!.gif (446 KB, 280x153) Image search: [Google]
Get Me Laughter!.gif
446 KB, 280x153
>>47101076
>I got the utmost respect for the Welsh
>>
>>47101076
>>47101103
Noone should ever have respect for the Welsh.
>>
>>47101103
>>47101835
When the alternative is respecting the Irish? Kind of a bind.
>>
>>47097701
This.
People not getting the joke in exchange for being the thing they decry.
>>
>>47098049
They haven't even really gottent started doing anything with it, anon, chill out.
>>
>>47102901
Didn't they already cancel one World of Darkness MMORPG they were working on?
>>
>>47103778

That was pre-Paradox, and mostly the work of Ryan "The king is dead, long live the king" Dancey, who makes his entire career jumping from project to project, ripping as much money as he can out of them, and then leaving before the plane crashes.
>>
>>47103778
That was before the current owners.
Paradox has expressed interest in an mmo and something near to Bloodlines.
>>
>>47103856
Isn't Paradox' specialty strategy games?
>>
>>47104426

On the development side, but they're also a publisher.
>>
>>47104426
Mostly, but they've done a lot of stuff over the years. I wouldn't be surprised to see them put out a Bloodlines-esque game, and depending on how WoW does in the next few years there might be a glut of MMOs looking to snatch up segments of the audience.
>>
>>47104426
They seem enthusiatic enough to try new shit, and they also publish, so it shouldn't be a big leap.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.