[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In Nomine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: in nomine.jpg (51 KB, 450x577) Image search: [Google]
in nomine.jpg
51 KB, 450x577
Anybody play this game? What's it like? Good or bad?
>>
I hear the French version is funnier, and the English version is more WoD-like.
>>
>>47081193
What's supposed to be funny about angels and demons battling each other?
>>
>>47081222

The original game's a parody of how the Catholicism.
>>
>>47081222
How is it not funny?
>>
File: 71a8Ibn3KLL.jpg (226 KB, 1238x2041) Image search: [Google]
71a8Ibn3KLL.jpg
226 KB, 1238x2041
>>47081263
>Best of Queen

Oh, I get it, it's based on Good Omens. Alrighty then. I recall that being vaguely amusing.

>but that pic you posted isn't funny
>>
Played it once, hated it, rules are wonky when you're playing a mortal so you are almost guaranteed to fail every attempt that requires a roll.
>>
>>47081533
What's the most op thing to play?
>>
File: cover_lg.jpg (215 KB, 684x931) Image search: [Google]
cover_lg.jpg
215 KB, 684x931
>>47081193
How does it compare to other occult games like Kult, Call of Cthulhu, World of Darkness, etc.?
>>
>>47082539
It's a shitty rip-off of In Nomine Satanis/Magna Veritas, a great french RPG. Croc, the writer of the original, is one of the most important RPG designer/editor of Europe. It seems that the dark humor of INS/MV was not "suitable" for prude american public so they decided just to buy the concept and cut it into a bland generic horror game. Your loss. The new edition of INS/MV was crowdfunded last year and it would be soon released in France. Grab a dictionary or, much better, learn french (or german, or spanish) and you'll have a ton of interesting games that would never be translated to english. And I'm saying this seriously, people. You are missing very good games.
>>
>>47081172
the french version is awsome
it's a satire of religion in it angels a worst than demon :for exemple daniel is the archangel of the stone, the cathedral, and the skinhead
>>
>>47083769
>The new edition of INS/MV was crowdfunded last year and it would be soon released in France.
It's already released. I've heard it's a good and efficient not-too-crunchy system easy to pick up for beginners, but the way the fluff is presented make it seem targeted at players who already know the story behind it. Maybe it's gonna take off, maybe it won't. I sure as hell am going to do what I can to help it.

>>47084151
>angels a worst than demon
Not necessarily. The point is that neither Angels nor Demons are no worse or better than humans.

>>47081533
I don't know for the english version, but the french actively try to discourage you from playing a mortal. Although some version gave you rules to play them.
>>
>>47081172
>I read that as In Normie
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>47083769
>>47084151
>>47084661
Uh-oh, the Frenchies woke up and are trying to feel superior again.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.