[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warpath Wednesday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: warpathwednesday5.jpg (153 KB, 1023x474) Image search: [Google]
warpathwednesday5.jpg
153 KB, 1023x474
Stopping for Repairs Edition

Discuss games set in the Mantic's Warpath universe: Mass Battles, Firefight, Deadzone, and Dreadball

What is Warpath?
https://warpathuniverse.com/

Mass Battles: Large scale battles with big blocks of troops and vehicles (think 40k Apocalypse) - Open Beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwkk5x5ooszx0zu/Warpath%20Beta%2014-03-16.pdf?dl=0

Firefight: Focused a little more on big battles, but not as big as above (think 1000-1500 pt games of 40k) - Open Beta
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyc72fvva6e3dmf/Firefight%20V%201.3.pdf?dl=0

Deadzone: Small scale skirmish on boards with lots of terrain (think Infinity, but simpler) - 2nd edition, some preorders up, release in May
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/woayb5yb9fke1/deadzone
(Link also includes Containment Protocols, an anthology of short stories set in the Warpath universe, and 1st edition rulebook and expansions)
How to play videos:
https://youtu.be/OyeTtVgJPFY
https://youtu.be/inuJFLv89-k

Dreadball: Galactic and brutal sports game set in the universe (think bloodbowl, but scifi) - Available
(No links to rules, yet)
>>
Beasts of war did an interview with ronnie renton about Deadzone and an unboxing. Interesting stuff. They showed off the forge father tank on the close cam, and even the new industrial terrain. I'm excited for when a set of industrial terrain goes up for sale.

https://youtu.be/sPs76gJi3fY

Skip ahead to 30:00, and it goes until about 1:08:00
>>
>>47080276
Got my Kickstarter Dreadzone pile today.

Really nice set of models, looks like there's less scenery than I was expecting, although it is very tightly packed, so perhaps it'll go further.

Hadn't realised the Veermyn Strike Force leader is actually on the sprue, so that's nice.
>>
>>47081310
>They're arriving any time now
>backlog is still huge
I'm pretty excited about stuff that's potentially compatible with fantasyland ratmans that I already have, though.
>>
>>47081310
Oh man I'm jealous. Are you in the UK? I don't think any of us muricans have ours yet. I am seeing a lot of eurofags getting theirs though
>>
>>47081974
Yup, Bongland here, I think they usually send the US ones out first and they've sent everything now. So shouldn't be too much longer Anon.
>>
midday bump
>>
>>47084132
18 large panels in the Kickstarter scenery set. Probably enough for a decent sized building, bit sparse for a table I'd say, there's a -ton- of scatter though, nice conveyor belt system.
>>
>>47084970
Yeah the box set contents is actually pretty paltry, but they said their goal with the 2.0 box set is to keep the price down for new players, which is admirable. Hence no cards, paper 2'x2' mat, some terrain, and only plastic sprued minis.

I definitely recommend anyone getting the box, their next purchase should be another terrain set. The game is just so much more interesting with lots and lots of terrain. Super congested terrain with lots of different levels and buildings crammed onto the 2'x2' board is the most exciting way to play.
>>
So an update of WP beta has been posted (still no word on Firefight, I think it can be written off). Some good changes, but there still seems to be a reluctance to address the issues with Suppression and MSU.
>>
>>47085038
The Kickstarter scenery is entirely different to what's coming in the new box though. Probably about 3 times as many large panels with more smaller half and 1/3 to 2/3 panels too. Not sure what to do with the new smaller industrial panels though. I guess they're just slightly larger than average scatter.
>>
>>47085038
>tfw bought the dz1 box set massively discounted as part of the dz2 kickstarter in addition to the dz2 stuff
>>
File: statcards2.jpg (487 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
statcards2.jpg
487 KB, 3300x2550
>>47085520
Most definitely. If you can get the 1.0 box set for cheap, DO IT

All you really need is the book to play 2.0

Even the command dice arent necessary with something like pic related
>>
File: thorpatternironancestor.jpg (505 KB, 1272x1316) Image search: [Google]
thorpatternironancestor.jpg
505 KB, 1272x1316
Not much to brag about, but I posted this on the deadzone fan facebook page, and it got a like from ronnie renton. Feelsgoodman
>>
>>47087678
Love that conversion, just wish the Thor pattern was better priced.
>>
>>47090597
Oh I agree. I have a feeling that it will only really be worth it in 300+ pt games, if then. But in this interview >>47080276 ronnie mentioned future expansion to support larger games, and in then he said you will be seeing more vehicles.

There are a lot of things in the rulebook that look to be open for expansion, like different weapon types and such. Right now the campaign book currently is Infestation, but he wants to do Nexus Psi again, if not the next one. In that will most likely be more elite lists, campaign stuff, and maybe a new model profile and more mercs. some of the missing mercs, people noticed, are not in either book so far, like Dr. Simmons, but we will most likely see them again in the expansions.

I mean, the Piper is in Infestation, but that's a kickstarter exclusive mini.
>>
>>47087678
omg THE Ronnie Reton?
>>
File: Mantic_Asterian_APC_f.jpg (174 KB, 1024x904) Image search: [Google]
Mantic_Asterian_APC_f.jpg
174 KB, 1024x904
>>
>>47090992
I think the Piper is Kickstarter exclusive -in resin-, there'll be a metal one.

Lovely figure in resin as expected. Really cool little vermin swarm figures too.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.