[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DM tells us that this carved stone tablet dates back to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3008
>DM tells us that this carved stone tablet dates back to the ancient camel spider-dominated Imperium

So /tg/, what bizarre ancient empires exist in your setting?
>>
>>47078498
The setting Im planning involves colonies of sentient life protected and founded by god like immortals that uses these colonies to feed off an energy passively emitted by sentient life, double through worship.
The setting involves multiuniverse bull, the collection of the whole named The Continuum, which is coming to a natural end and restart. But, the reset part is f'ed when anumber of these immortals try to prolong their existence attempting to halt the end, Leaving only one world and its inhabitants to fight over. Time is artificially made as it is nonexistent everywhere else and flows irregular as a result, and mixes with other timelines from diffrent universes causing fluctuations of what exists where and when. Imagine that someone took a history book and randomly rearrange the pages and then randomly swaped pages with what-if history.
>>
>>47079129
>The setting Im planning involves colonies of sentient life protected and founded by god like immortals that uses these colonies to feed off an energy passively emitted by sentient life, double through worship.
So your setting is populous?
>>
>>47078498
The only reason why I would play in your setting would be so that I could make an arachnophobic player character who embarks on a quest to make sure that the NOPE-dominated Imperium is definitely gone and destroying any evidence of its existence along the way.
>>
>>47079146
Kinda, but with cthulhus. The end goal is to destroy the world so shit can continue. The time distortion give me a freedom that lets me put whatever wherever which is very fun pinning wizards and Knight against cyborg Eldrich horrors. Never hears of populous though
>>
There's an island of "vampires" who are actually just desendents of a pair of albino humans who moved there a couple thousand years prior
>>
>>47078498
Most people in my setting are loyal citizens of an empire whose leader is a corpse supossed to have magic powers.
>>
>>47079294
>What is WarHammer 40k
>>
>>47078498
A year or so back, I was in a D&D game where an ancient empire that turned fucking everything into a magic item had a bunch of ancient ruins lying around, which were filled with bizarre puzzles, traps, and magical torches that had been burning for the past couple thousand years (which we looted whenever possible for obvious reasons.).

One of these ruins was in an area which due to some shit involving fire elementals and veins of underground magma extremely hot, where the air temperature was in excess of 48 degrees at noon.

By the time our characters got there though, it was a completely normal temperature. So we were understandably unhappy when we found clothing that made the wearer cold and damp, devices that sucked the heat out of the surrounding area to fuel a massive laser that in our time could only practically be used in volcanic areas without freezing to death whoever hit the trigger to charge it, and skimpy bikini armour for both genders which felt and mechanically was identical to an unmagical set of that armour.
>>
>>47078498

So, this? Except now they have magic and shit?
>>
I played a game were he DM had this civilization of extradimensional shapeshiftersbof pure energy. They were harmless and only entered our dimension to fuck with the inhabitants in sometimes cruel, sometimes funny ways
>>
>>47079129
Continuing to keep thread alive

The players are outsiders pulled out of their home universe(s) by a nameless mortal. This mortal, named The Watcher by his worshipers, is mentally linked with all of his other selfs from the infinity of other timelines, making him semi-immortal (if one dies it can be replaced) and god-like ( his own collective sentience grants himself his power).
Watcher was created after the continuum was fucked, and made a plan to “salvaged" a world to gather power to get time moving again. Everything goes smoothly until his world is jacked by a band of starving immortals.
Locked out of own world, The Watcher must rely on the players to inact his plan B, crash the world with no survivors and harvest the power.
>>
>>47079284
>The end goal is to destroy the world so shit can continue.
So your setting is Dark Souls?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.