[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dungeon Design Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 20160503_231003.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160503_231003.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Well, elegan/tg/entleman, what do y'all think of this buttfuckery?
Named The Twisting Halls, the party will be sent in to reprieve an old, dead wizard's (who is not a lich, he's honestly dead) macguffin for the party Illusionist's master.
These Halls were made as a safeguard for dead wizard's magic after it led to the demise of his family. Contained within it is a Displacer Beast, hallucinogenic fungi, water weirds, and a rust monster, to name a few.
Also, the walls are going to be representations of the derivative plane for each encounter.
>>
File: Hypercube.png (557 KB, 1574x1794) Image search: [Google]
Hypercube.png
557 KB, 1574x1794
>>47074978
Been there, done that.
>>
>>47075397
Yeah yeah, I seen that. This ain't a tesseract.
>>
>>47074978
Very boring. You need features, man!
>>
>>47074978
I universally avoid dungeons that are just intended to be an unbelievable annoyance to the players.
>>
File: serveimage.gif (16 KB, 528x544) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.gif
16 KB, 528x544
Looks terrible, OP.

But I think you're going to like Wizardry maps, check them out for inspo.
>>
>>47074978
Looks and sounds pretty boring.
>>
>>47074978

So it's a series of square rooms, each with an encounter in the center of the room?
>>
>>47079015
Just make the dungeons believable.
But yeah, keep them rare.
>>
>>47081121
Nah man, dungeons don't need to be believable. They gotta be exciting and fun first and foremost.
>>
>>47081119

played a campaign with the dm who did this shit. Glad I didnt make that 'throw-anything' brawler I was thinking about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.