[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40K Advice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: LibrarianDreadnought00.jpg (213 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
LibrarianDreadnought00.jpg
213 KB, 873x627
What's up guys I've decided to get into Table Top 40K and decided to go with blood angels. I've already got one tac squad five death company and one death company dreadnought. Any advice on what to buy for my army?
>>
Drop pods to be honest. Its the only thing that makes BA competitive. Some more death company is always a good bet
>>
>>47073408
1 HQ, 2 Troops before anything else.

BA are an assault army but they also have really good Rhinos so you can consider that, jut remember that other Space Marines WILL outshoot you
>>
Buy all your shit from ebay if you aren't already. There's no reason to go straight from GW when you can get it cheaper and with free shipping most of the time.
>>
>>47073408
hey just fwi if your looking to post lists and look for info about 40k the 40k general is a good place to post/lurk
>>
>>47073535
>/40kg/
>good

in fact

>anything but shitposts
>>
>>47073552
well shit you got me there

as far as posting list go its not that bad
>>
I love Blood Angels tacticals because they can take heavy flamers. Ignore cover!
>>
would any one give a good list if you can.
>>
>>47073570
Maybe.

A good old-fashioned army list thread wouldn't hurt from time to time, though. It'd keep at least a few of the shitters away.
>>
>>47073649
A solid list for any marines is basically:

HQ

tac + special weapon

tac + special

rhinos

and go from there.
>>
Why do we seem to be having New Blood Angel Player threads every couple of days now?
>>
>>47073408

Just buy what you like and have fun.
>>
>>47073814
This. Get what you think is cool like some Terminators or a Storm Raven.
>>
>>47073856
i was thing on getting both of those next along with a chaplain or a librarian
>>
>>47073913

Librarian is more useful. Chaplain is cooler.
>>
>>47073408
Death Company are the best unit in the codex. I run 10 or 15 with jump packs and kitted out. I put Astorath and a Librarian in there and its nasty.

Breaking them into two squads works too. But jump packs are a necessity.
>>
>>47074686
>Death Company are the best unit in the codex.

If nothing survives to hit/shoot them back, yeah.

They're not super cheap even though they hit hard as fuck, and they're not especially sturdy. You can probably mow through regular units though but anything hard will stop them and anything shooty like Tau will vaporize them.
>>
>>47073649
Heres what I use at 1850 and 2000:

10-15 Death Company w/jump packs, half w/upgraded cc weapons
Librarian w/jump pack
Astorath

Two drop pods w/10 tacticals each. Flamer/Heavy Flamer and Grav/Multi-melta.

Two attack bikes w/Multi-meltas
Single attack bike w/Multi-meltas

Two squads of 5 Scouts w/camo and Bolters

Sicaran w/las sponsons
Baal Pred w/Assault Cannon and HB sponsons

Aegis Defense Line w/Quad-gun

Its all about the DC deathstar. It's fun when it doesnt get shot up turn 1.
>>
>>47073408
Play the IX Legionnes Astartes instead.
You'll get rules for Sanguinius when he comes out in three years or something
>>
File: Blood angels Astorath.jpg (289 KB, 1333x1918) Image search: [Google]
Blood angels Astorath.jpg
289 KB, 1333x1918
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics

This will help alot, it covers the basics and goes into detail per army. It's Blood Angels tactics section isnt that bad honestly. Could use a few updates but overall is pretty solid.
>>
So overall my next buy should be a libraian and some heavy support and DC.
>>
>>47073408
Yep, get out now while you still can. You're gonna need a hideous amount of models just to play a 1,000pts, which nobody plays because they can't bring all their GMC's and superheavies.
>>
>>47080492
>hideous amount

He literally just needs to double his force and add 2 HQs to hit 1000. That's 1 dread and 10 marines.
>>
>>47073408
1hq, 2 troops, register at Bolter and Chainsword forums, get better advice than on 4chan.

But in general:
>Skyhammer Formation rocks
>drop pods or rhinos are a must have
>specify on one aspect of your army and build up to get the most out of it
>read every list you find
>MinMax that shit
>THIN YOUR PAINTS!
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.