[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A Renegade Chapter Creation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 4
File: SoulDrinkers1.jpg (399 KB, 1400x930) Image search: [Google]
SoulDrinkers1.jpg
399 KB, 1400x930
Yes yes, its a creation thread, but here me out. I have seen many threads for space marine chapters, Chaos Space Marine warbands, Imperial Guard Regiments, Dark Eldar Kabals, and even a sector.

What I have not seen is a renegade chapter, or Space marine grouping. No, not chaos traitors who 'despise' the chaos gods, real renegade chapters. Your Soul Drinkers(pic related) and Relictors.

I think this is partially because there are no tables(that I know of) for this particular type of Space Marine Force. So, I've taken it upon myself to sort of creat one. A fair amount is simply a combinaton of the Space marine chapter tables and Chaos Space marine Warband Tables from 1d4chan.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Tables

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Chaos_Space_Marine_Warband_Creation_Tables

But I am adding a couple of my own.(feel free to suggest more.

After I have posted them, we shall begin rolling.
>>
Why has this chapter broken ties with the Imperium?(Replaces 'Reason for fall'

- They came to blows with the Imperial Inquisiton for their actions regarding the civilians of a world attacked by the forces of chaos
- They somehow came to discover the power of Chaos tainted weapons, and began using such artifacts. It was not long before they were driven out
- The chapter(s) were plauged by mutations, and became fed up with the treatment of their Chapter(s) by other forces of the Imperium, and chose to strike off on their own
- After discovering the taint of chaos within an Imperial institution they attempted to purge it, but failed and were instead declared traitors themselves, forced to flee from their former allies
- The seeds of their leaving the Imperium were implanted long ago, be it by their founders or another institution, this was always going to happen...
- Cult of Personality:A single Champion within the Chapter(s) whose philosophy and ideals have lead the marines down their own path

Leadership organization(New table)

- Imperial compliant(what was it before they split? ITs still that)
- A new Champion has risen and taken control of the Chapter(s) himself(If cult of peronailty was rolled, this is automatically the organization)
- A new Doctrine: The Chapter(s) have made their own unique Leadership oranization
- Piratical: They are lead by no one but their own champions, this renegade grouop is far more fractured and disorganized than others
- A Split in ideals:This group has several factions within itself that work together, but are lead by their own champions

A few more to come before we roll
>>
Combat Style(Replaces Tactical and strategic organization; and CSM combat doctrine)

- Codex Compliant: Even after their rebellion, they follow the codex astartes
- True Marines: A strong focus on ship to ship and boarding combat in Space
- Overwhelming Force: The group prefers to use much heavy ordnance, be it tanks and other vehicles or heavy weapons
- Rip and Tear!: vicious before their rebellion and vicious now, the group engages often in glorious melee combat
- Silent as the Night: They use stealth and guile to their advantage, striking from the shadows
- The sound of engines: They carry a focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles
- Death from the skies: Master Pilots and drop pod assaulters, the group use these tactics to bring death to the foe with Thunderhawk, Stormbird and drop pod

Home Sector(replaces homeworld, all renegade Groups are technically 'Fleet Based')d10

1-3 - Full nomads: They drift aimlessly in the voide, going from sector to sector avoiding destruction, and aquiring what they need to survive
4-6 - Abandoned sector: Formally Imperial Space, abandoned by the Imperium to its fate, they now have a new guardian, in the form of the Angels of Death
6-7 - Xenos Held: A system held by xenos(roll on enemies table and/or minor xenos table 1d3 times) perhaps they now help their former enemies and trade with them, or perhaps nothing has changed, and they are still seen as enemies.
8 - Wild system: A system broken up into multiple different territories(roll 1d3 time on this table, re-rolling this result and true nomads)
9-10 - Imperial held: This group must remain cautious, for they are not welcome here, but have no choice but to remain.

I forgot to add dice rolls to the other ones fuck, doing that now
>>
Why has this Chapter broken ties with the Imperium?

1 - They came to blows with the Imperial Inquisiton for their actions regarding the civilians of a world attacked by the forces of chaos
2-3 - They somehow came to discover the power of Chaos tainted weapons, and began using such artifacts. It was not long before they were driven out
4 - The chapter(s) were plauged by mutations, and became fed up with the treatment of their Chapter(s) by other forces of the Imperium, and chose to strike off on their own
5-6 - After discovering the taint of chaos within an Imperial institution they attempted to purge it, but failed and were instead declared traitors themselves, forced to flee from their former allies
7-8 - The seeds of their leaving the Imperium were implanted long ago, be it by their founders or another institution, this was always going to happen...
9-10 - Cult of Personality:A single Champion within the Chapter(s) whose philosophy and ideals have lead the marines down their own path

Leadership and Organization

1-2 - Imperial compliant(what was it before they split? ITs still that)
3-4(or auto) - A new Champion has risen and taken control of the Chapter(s) himself(If cult of peronailty was rolled, this is automatically the organization)
5 -6 - A new Doctrine: The Chapter(s) have made their own unique Leadership oranization
7-8 - Piratical: They are lead by no one but their own champions, this renegade grouop is far more fractured and disorganized than others
9-10 - A Split in ideals:This group has several factions within itself that work together, but are lead by their own champions
>>
Combat Style

1- 30 - Codex Compliant: Even after their rebellion, they follow the codex astartes
31 - 50 - True Marines: A strong focus on ship to ship and boarding combat in Space
51- 60 - Overwhelming Force: The group prefers to use much heavy ordnance, be it tanks and other vehicles or heavy weapons
51 - 70 - Rip and Tear!: vicious before their rebellion and vicious now, the group engages often in glorious melee combat
71-80 - Silent as the Night: They use stealth and guile to their advantage, striking from the shadows
81-90 - The sound of engines: They carry a focus on lightning attacks and raids, using many bikes and other quick vehicles
91-100 - Death from the skies: Master Pilots and drop pod assaulters, the group use these tactics to bring death to the foe with Thunderhawk, Stormbird and drop pod

OK thats it, here come the rolls!

d100 for when the chapter was founded
>>
bumping

d100 for when the Chapter was founded
>>
Rolled 41 (1d100)

>>47072505
>>
>>47072751
The 37th millenium, cool

d100 for our progenitor
>>
>>47072786
>>
>>47072786
>>47072958

shit I'm a bad newfag lets see if this works
>>
Rolled 13 (1d100)

>>47072786
>>
>>47071072
Once we get close to a finished product, I can make it a page. It'd have to be tomorrow tough
>>
>>47073037
I dislike the smurfs with a passion. So lets get one re-roll

d100 for chapter progenitor(if its smurfs again we go with it)
>>
>>47073079
Thats awesome! And fine, I actually have to hit the sack too soon, but will stay up as often as possible so this stays around and I don't have to make a new thread
>>
>>47073087
dice+d100

If this doesn't work, can someone help a newfag roll dice?
>>
Rolled 75 (1d100)

>>47073159
Put it in the options/email bar

You also need to specify how many die, like 1d10 or 4d10
>>
>>47073190
oooh, spooky raven dudes.
>>
>>47073190
The Dark Angels are our Progenitor... interesting

D 50 for which millenia in which we broke ties (seeing as on a d100 50 or below is a re-roll)
>>
>>47073087
Should we include chaos warbands and an option for "minor successor chapter of your choosing" for progenitors?
>>
Rolled 18 (1d50)

>>47073265
>>
>>47073284
Damn we were with the Imperium foe only a millenia or so, we broke ties in M.38

D10 for why we broke ties
>>
Rolled 2 (1d10)

>>47073309
>>
>>47073269
Eh maybe. We could do minor successor chapters if we want instead of Dark Angels.

No chaos though. To be a renegade chapter we have to have started loyal to the Imperium
>>
>>47073324
What's not to say we weren't from a pre-chaos legion?
>>
>>47073319
They somehow came to discover the power of Chaos tainted weapons, and began using such artifacts. It was not long before they were driven out

We got us a bit of relictors syndrome

D10 for our common mutations/deficiencies
>>
>>47073352
>>47073324
I just mean options for the table, not the rolls we have
>>
>>47073352
If we had rolled second founding maybe, but we didn't so it does not make a whole Lotta sense.

>>47073364
Ah yea, we will add the minor successor chapter at least
>>
Rolled 5 (1d10)

>>47073356
>>
>>47073379
>If we had rolled second founding maybe, but we didn't so it does not make a whole Lotta sense
Good point. We could always add the caveat that if you land on pre-chaos, you have to go with second founding
>>
>>47073384
Voice of Evil: Our voices tend to sound terrifying

D100 for chapters flaw (being renegades we have one)
>>
>>47073401
Good idea. We may as well make this table on 1d4chan once we finish this up. I have a couple more tables to add/replace tomorrow anyways as the ideas come to me.
>>
Rolled 79 (1d100)

>>47073420
>>
>>47073450
Eye to Eye - The Chapter hates any method of warfare other than running up to the enemy and punching them.

It was meant to be a D10 my bad, but we count that as a 7 ot 8... so is this an auto rip and tear gentlemen?

D100 for chapter legend also
>>
Rolled 95 (1d100)

>>47073484
>>
>>47073585
Battle Brother of old

Alright d100 fot what he did
>>
Rolled 14 (1d100)

>>47073638
>>
>>47073710
The figure is remembered as the bane of the Orks, to such an extent that his name is known to the vile greenskins even to this day.

I feel like I always get that but whatevet.

Ok, that's it for now gotta hit the sack. I ask that my fellow anons keep the thread alive so that when OO returns he need not make a new thread.

OP is now sleep
>>
>>47073778
Hopefully it'll be up tomorrow
>>
>>47073881
>>
Ok OP is back, but we are adding/replacing a couple more tables, for instance we are making a re-roll, specificaally we are changing the Chapter flaws table tooooo

Renegade Goals

1 - Survival: The Renegades were severely reduced in number during their flight from the Imperium, and currently are focused only on surviving the next few decades
2 - Recruiting: The renegades wish to swell or rebuild their numbers, and so intend on finding new recruits
3 - redemptive Crusade: The chapter believe they can possibly redeem themselves in a holy crusade. Roll on the enemies table to see who against
4 - For the Emperor!: The Renegades believe they still serve the Emperor, if not the Imperium. They stalwartly defend the Imperium, but those who they believ in defending
5 - Vision quest: The Renegades have begun following visions, portents, or more mystical divinations for their actions, and can seem unprediatable in what they do
6 - Raiding: The renegades raid around their chosen hunting grounds, in need of supplies and loot
7 - Chapter Mania: The Renegades have developed a strange need to keep doing something, and just can't stop. It is this mania that drives their actions
8 - Inner conflict: Currently the rnegades are focused and embroiled in inner conflict, be it a civil war or simply vicious disagreements in the direction they are taking this rules their choices
9 - Unknown agenda: Someone amongst the renegades is leading them down a path to the unknown, possibly directly, possibly indirectly, but even the chapter itself is unsure of its purpose
10 - Peace: The Renegades are experiencing a time of blissful peace, most likely for the first time in their existence. Be it they have carved out their own realm, found a sector they have brought to peace, or are simply adrift and unassaulted, they are at peace, and all they do now is attempt to maintain this beautiful state

Please, 1d10 on our purpose table
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>47077581
>>
>>47077780
For the Emperor! We still believe in our holy purpose set forth by the God Emperor, but we disagree with the wider imperium(Soul Drinkers syndrome)

As this is our first time using this new table we can re-roll if we so wish?

If not, roll a d100 for our home sector(meant to make it a d100 table, doing so now)
>>
Rolled 87, 71 = 158 (2d100)

>>47077801
Maybe we should make that have a lesser chance of being rolled. Like one or two or three out of a hundred
>>
>>47078065
why did you roll 2d100??

Regardless, we got Xenos held and wild, do we want to us exenos held or a wild system? technically the first one is wild system
>>
>>47078379
I'm not sure what either entails, so just go with the first one
>>
>>47078471
ok wild system

1d3 for how many more times we roll on the table

also the table for them is in the thread
>>
Rolled 2 (1d3)

>>47078514
Aye aye cap'n
>>
>>47078536
Alright, roll me 2d100 on the home sector table
>>
Rolled 67, 49 = 116 (2d100)

>>47078595
>>
>>47078685
The sector is split, half held by xenos, and half by the Imperium. We are caught in the middle

cool, before we roll for which xenos, lets move on

roll a d10 for our Leadership and organization
>>
Rolled 3 (1d10)

>>47078710
I guess whatever species we get will tell us where we are
>>
>>47078863
A new Champion has risen and taken control of the Chapter(s) himself. So we have 1 newly risen champion, or at least new enough

Yup, but we still havve some rolls before that

d100 for our combat style
>>
Rolled 94 (1d100)

>>47078889
>>
>>47078900
Death from the skies: Master Pilots and drop pod assaulters, the group use these tactics to bring death to the foe with Thunderhawk, Stormbird and drop pod

cool

Alright, now lets roll for our xenos

d100
>>
Rolled 72 (1d100)

>>47078957
>>
>>47078986
We got Dark Eldar, an interesting role

Alright, let me quickly summarize what we have so far, and figure out if we need to keep rolling and if so, on what table
>>
Our Renegade Chapter Summary
>Founded in the 37th millenium
>Dark Angels successor chapter(one of the Unforgiven)
>Broke ties to the Imperium M.38
>Discovered the usefulness of chaos tainted artefacts, causing us to be declared traitors
>commonly we have a disturbing voice as a common mutation
>Our figure of legend is a Battle Brother of old, from before our break from the Imperium
>He wwas the bane of orks, killing many and even stopping a waaaagh! with his actions
>Our Renegades still follow the example of the Emperor, if not the wider Imperium
>Our Home sector is split in control, fought over by the Imperium and the Dark Eldar
>Our Combat style is death from the skies and we make use of many Thunderhawks, Stormbirds and drop pods

ok, thts what we have so far. Any suggestions for a new tables we should roll on, or is this good?
>>
>>47079257
Shouldn't there be a table for how we operate? Like, pirating, mercenaries, rouge military force, terrorism, ect?
>>
>>47079349
Good point let me quickly come up with one
>>
>>47079426
Maybe one for goals, too. Like, emass wealth, dismantle/undermined the imperium, survive, create their own faction, ect
>>
>>47079349
Standard Operating Procedure d100

1-30 - Rouge Military force: Simply a rogue chapter who chooses its own worlds. We answer what calls for help we choose, fight where we please for reasons we deem worthy. Otherwise operate as a standard SM chapter
31-45 - Piratical: Pirates, we attack Merchant ships, Imperial and Xeno fleets or lone ships, plunder what wwe want and disappear.
46-60 - Mercenaries: Our renegades sell their services to the highest bidder. Be it in gear, initiates, ammunition or ships, the renegade Angels of Death come with a price that must be paid
61-80 - Terrorists: We have a purpose, we know or purpose, and we kill for it. We target our enemies homes, their civiliazation, and destroy it, cause terror in their hearts and show our goals through force
81-90 - Savior complex: We arrive at the belauguarded and abandoned, and save them. Be it fighting back their enemies or helping them to escape, we are the rescuers, those who come to your aid when none others will
91-100 - Seekers: We are looking for something, and we will find it. From world to world gathering evidence, clues and items, for a purpose and through violence if necassary

give me a d100 on it
>>
>>47079504
We sorta have that with purpose, but I could make one for our endgame yea, gimme a minute
>>
>>47079627
Where's purpose? I don't see it really ITT, but I could be retarded
>>
>>47079671
I meant to say goals, here it is>>47077581
>>
>>47079695
I guess we could combine them to have more options, then
>>
>>47079709
uh sure, let me make the new table then.

In the mean time, any other table suggestions?

Also still need d100 roll for this>>47079610
>>
Rolled 26 (1d100)

>>47079770
>>
>>47079940
Roge military force, alright

Whats next?
>>
>>47080013
What tables did we use from the already made charts
>>
>>47080263
We used Progenitor, founding, legend table and enemy table from Space marine

We used mutations tablee from CSM
>>
>>47080403
Roll a 1d5 motherfucker
>>
>>47080480
a 1d5 for what???
>>
>>47080961
Just do it
>>
Rolled 5 (1d5)

>>47081279
Still no idea what this is for
>>
Solid Table OP, might want to add it somewhere though so it gets some proper circulation.
>>
>>47081444
Yea, I was thinking maybe add it to 1d4chan today, maybe after that re-start the creation thread... yea thats what we will do. So, I'll start making it today.

Since there is plenty of time, Suggestions for tables?

This is now a thread to help make a new set of creation tables for 1d4chan, specifically for making non-chaos renegade Space marine chapters
>>
Also, should I change the values of the rolls for chapter progenitor, seeing as ultramarines successors seem far less likely to go renegade without chaos influence?
>>
>>47081414
Did it 5 times
https://coolors.co/app/f8f4e3-d4cdc3-d5d0cd-a2a392-9a998c
>>
>>47081680
I'd also include pre chaos chapters and maybe a reroll one, where if you land on it, you reroll to see Whos chapters successors you come from
>>
>>47081779
Good idea! I'll include those
>>
>>47081803
I can try to set up the page now, if you want

I'm sort of working on the skitarii creation table too right now
>>
>>47081843
By all means go ahead! I'm rather new to editing the wiki myself and can't format for shit, so if you could that it'd be awesome
>>
>>47081858
I'll give it a solid shot
>>
What should be the first table? Why we broke ties? Our progenitors? When we were founded?
>>
>>47082466
First table is year we were founded, followed by who our progenitor is, followed by year we broke ties for the first three
>>
>>47082499
Alright, I'm getting started
>>
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Renegade_Space_Marine_Chapter_Creation_Table#Chapter_Origins

What we have so far
>>
Should I combine Chaos Mutation and Geneseed flaw, or have both, but only use Mutation if you rolled mutated or traitor legion?
>>
>>47083189
Hmmm... keep just the chaos mutations i'd say
>>
>>47083885
Geneseed mutations are fun though
>>
>>47083918
sure, just cobine the tables then,
>>
>>47083995
If you really think it won't work, I'll drop it. It's just that I'm modelling the page after the space marine one and that's next on the list
>>
>>47083015
I'd expand the Exodus table. Right now half of the options involve Chaos. I'd make Altruistic Downfall and Political Suicide more vague, and add stuff in for Xenos affiliations and tech heresy.
>>
>>47084044
Allow a choice between the two and give them lots of overlap with some of the Chaos mutations locked out if you choose geneseed.
>>
>>47084288
Good idea.
Two more options:
Near the brink of annihilation, the Marines took an extremely cowardly or horrible action to preserve their Chapter, and were excommunicated for this.

The Chapter was friendly with a group of xenos and collaborated with them a bit too frequently. When the Ordo Xenos found out, they had the Chapter excommunicated.
>>
>>47084363
>Chapter began to dabble in technologies beyond them, and found themselves enemies with the Mechanicum, who forced them out of the Imperium
>>
>>47084334
Maybe a roll for chaos taint, or geneseed mutation severity, with the higher rolls get the chaos options

>pure geneseed
>minor mutation (geneseed flaw table)
>significant mutation (chaos mutation table)
>heavy mutation (one from both)

With pure seed getting maybe 1-10, and the others 11-15, 16-19, and 20 respectively
>>
>>47084492
Sounds good.

>>47084416
My first thought to the example chapter earlier was a bunch of SM using Ork-derived tech like Shokk Attack Guns.
>>
>>47084828
I always wanted to make a warband chapter that could feel the WAAAGH and worships Grok and Mork
>>
>>47084828
>sounds good
If you roll bitter resentment, would you roll on significant or heavy mutation by default?
>>
>>47084946
No, you make two rolls on the severity table, but have to take at least one mutation. That way you can represent something like a chapter unjustly hounded for a minor flaw to full balls out Chaos shit.
>>
>>47085048
Aight nigga
>>
>>47084363
>>47084416
Should I add a roll twice? That way we get an even ten
>>
>>47085845
Nawh, that doesn't really work. Try one like "leaving the Imperium to try and do better/fed up with the corruption"
>>
>>47071072
That feel when your homebrew renegade chapter will never be as cool as the Relictors
>>
>>47085894
I can think of a few more options
>Secret Commands from high up on the chain required them to go rogue, whether for unspecified reasons or for a specific purpose
>desires for adventure beyond what the Imperium could give them, left
>Marines Malevolent/Minotaurs x2, causing too much collateral damage and were kicked out for being traitor
>Diverged too much from the codex Astartes and were excommunicated, wether or not they reformed their ways
>>
Why are we doing this? The chaos table already has Renegade options
>>
>>47086811
Because the Chaos Table can only create Chaos-aligned groups.
>>
>>47086811
>>47087366
Correct. Even if Chaos is 'loathed' you can end up with 'uses daemon weapons' or 'uses mutants and cultists' and shit like that. This is for truly non-chaos aligned renegades
>>
>>47087842
I'd love to see more renegade Chapters who basically try to run their own little empires.
>>
Yeah, maybe I should just stick with the Geneseed flaw table. I'm backing down
>>
We should include a table for what equipment is sparse for the chapter. Be it gene seed, or ammo, or heavy weapons and such seeing as they no longer have munistorum support
>>
>>47087998
Could work instead of special equipment
>>
>>47087998
>>47088020
Table should have two results that force a reroll. One gives them special equipment in short supply while the other gives them special equipment as common. This is to represent things like Chaos and Xenos weaponry, tech heresy, or good old fashioned midnight requisition.
>>
>>47088196
Sounds good to me
>>
>>47084363
>>47084416
>>47085894
>>47086095
What do you guys think of these before, I add them?
>>
>>47088330
I like all off them personally
>>
>>47088330
They're good.
>>
>>47088385
>>47088340
Alright, list is updated
>>
"we stand alone" doesn't really work for a flaw, since its a 100% given. What could replace i?
>>
>>47089020
same with "faith in suspicion"
>>
>>47089020
>>47089043
Agreed

How about...

Acute paranoia: The renegades believe that everyone is out to get them and the Imperium looks around every corner to purge them. They trust no one but themselves and are extremely cautious

And

Kleptomania: The renegades tend to take anything valuable not nailed down, and then rip up the things that are nailed down

Obviously the second one shall link to the blood ravens
>>
>>47089169
Added. For figure of legend, I was thinking for a roll to determine whether he was before the apostasy or after. Sounds good?
>>
>>47089350
Sounds good, then role as normal on the Space Marine table
>>
>>47089511
I already did, but I changed some things so it fit better with the renegade-ness
>>
>>47089584
Good job man. Now add these tables

>>47071531
>>47071657
>>47071760
>>47077581
>>47079610

Obviously you already added why they broke ties, but home sector will be needed as welll as leadership organization, Combat style, goals and standard operating proceedure
>>
What's the summary for these guys?
>>
>>47089645
I'm working on Home Sector right now, might suggest some tables if I get to doing a little research. I was thinking about System type instead of terrain, but that might be a little much. It just feels weird not having much for that section. I am going to work on Sector relation/rulership

>>47089681
We're working on the table right now, so we'll probably reroll soon enough, but >>47079257
>>
>>47089681
We intend to re-roll everything once the tables are finished, so that we have a crisper, cleaner thread

I will post the new thread once all the tables are done and up
>>
>>47089691
Also cool, a sector relationship and rulers table could be cool!
>>
>>47089691
uuuhhh why are the homeworld tables on there? I assume they are just place holders for the sector tables?
>>
>>47089778
yeah, I'm working on it now
>>
>>47089739
Hows this
'''Ruleship''' - "My lord Chapter Master, here are the tax-plans for the North-West district of the sector..."

2-4
'''Tribute''' - "Hi, Planetary Governor? It's me, the Chapter Master. Just calling you to remind you that I can take anything I want, and you have to give it to me."

5-7
'''Raiding''' - "You see that ship up there? The Angel men stop by every once and a while to take all our shit, and kidnap our children."

8-10
'''Hiding''' - "Some say there are Marines behind that moon there, but who the fuck knows."
>>
>>47089867
I like it, perhaps only a slight change but eh, also an addtion to the goals tables,

Empire Building: The renegades seek to carve out their own loyal realm away and seperate from the Imperium

We may include a (if this is rolled, roll once more to determine a secondary goal) that sound good?
>>
>>47089913
>I like it, perhaps only a slight change but eh, also an addtion to the goals tables,
I can't really think of any other things to include. Terror attacks is close to Raiding, and that's the only other one I can think of. Please, if you have anything, spitball some ideas

and yeah, I think that works for a goal
>>
>>47089913
How does "primative" sector sound? A sector filled with race either before or just arriving at the space age

Also, Primordial Sector, they rule a sector in its early stages, while the planets are finishing forming

And finally, Nebulous sector, where they just live in a nebula, with shatter worlds that could contain colonies.

Maybe sunless sector, one with either no star, or that one type of dead star that's just a big diamond
>>
>>47090017
All these ideas are good, ADD THEM TO THE SECTOR TABLES I SAY!
>>
>>47090053
we need one more for that nice solid 10. Space Hulk?
>>
>>47090075
YES! How did I forget Space hulk? A nice, round 10
>>
>>47090095
Alright, done. Should I change the homeworld terrain to anything or just get rid of it
>>
>>47090257
GEt rid of it entirely. We have no need of it
>>
>>47090267
Alright, but now we have two back to back sections with basically only two tables. I'd like to expand the rulership table and add another one with this table, but I don't have any ideas for either
>>
>>47090294
Ideas for expanding Leadership

Patronage: Some Space Marines live here, they protect us and teach us things sometimes

Enslaved/Iron fist: Our Astartes overlords have us toil away to assist them in their wars. At least they give us protection, and if your lucky they'll take your kid and he'll become one

As for expanding sector? Most homeworld sections are pretty small, I think we need to move on to combat style/organization and special gear and such
>>
>>47090358
Aye Aye Captain

Real quick, where should Goals go
>>
>>47090547
Either with properties and defects, or after sector along with Leadership and organization/combat style
>>
>>47090571
I added three things to Combat Doctrine to round it out, should check them out. I'm also going to drop leadership under Doctrine, if that's cool
>>
>>47090746
Works for me!

Also good additions
>>
>>47090780
What was the idea for the special equipment again? I can't remember, but it was pretty good
>>
Alright, though we are far from done, OP is headed to bed. Don't let the thread die, we have tables to complete after all

goodnight everyone, OP is now sleep
>>
>>47091667
I'll give it a solid shot, I'm going to hit the sack soon as well
>>
Someone is not doing their job. I just looked at the 1d4chan page and only 4 of the agreed apon tables have been made.
>>
>>47091882
which ones? If they're left out, probably just haven't reached that point in the table yet. I'm trying to keep it more organized than the skitarii one is.
>>
>>47091952
>>47091882
Just Goals and Operating Procedures right? They're coming, don't worry. It'll have to be tomorrow, though, since I really have to get some sleep
>>
File: image.jpg (400 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400 KB, 1000x1000
Bump!
>>
>>47095490
>Sanguine Shields
>>
Ok OP is back. I have a bit to say aabout our current tables. They are coming along well, but had an idea to replace just the copy pasted Space marine special equipment

We make a table called 'unique equipment' and a table called 'standard equipment'

Standard equipment is things like centurion suits, bikes, terminator armor and such. Stuff loyalist marines are supplied by the administratum

Unique equipment is thhings like xenos tech, archao-tech, and probably some stranger stuff we can come up with

We have them roll once on standard equipment for a piece of standard equipment we can either no longer field at all, or in extremely limited supply

They roll once on unique gear for something the chapter has gained from its time being renegades, be it from trade or raiding or luck

sound good?

Also I think we should remove the speciality restrictions table, it does not amke a lot of sense to me

We also need to add CSM warband(re-name it to chapter) strength table because it has more options
>>
>>47096875
Yes, it sounds good. I'm amused by the idea that if you get the wrong roll, your chapter might have no bolters
>>
>>47097022
HA yea, it makes sense thogh. Even the bolter is such a complex fucking gun, and getting ammon for them must be a bitch. I'd say if you lose bolters its probably you either can't make the shells anymore, or just fucked up in recovering them from the fallen lol
>>
>>47097057
Well, it's not like they couldn't make up for the lack of bolters some other way
>>
>>47097118
Of course they could make up for it, but its still a pretty big problem, seeing as bolters are the mainstay and quite powerful.

Regardless we need to actually huild theses two tables, suggestions for what to put in them?
>>
>>47097172
This would be a good place to start
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Space_Marine_Equipment_(List)
>>
>>47096355
What the fuck are you imblying anon.
>>
>>47097883
That they're dead. Just imagine a smug anime face next to that
>>
>>47097188
Alright so the things from that that should be on it
from that list

Terminator Armor, Artificer armor, Centurion Armor

For weapons.
Bolters, Plasma weapons, Grav Weapons, Melta weapons, flamer weapons

Vehicles
Bikes, Land raiders, Rhinos, Predators, Dreadnought Sarchophagi, Thunderhawks, Drop pods
>>
>>47098520
>Grav Weapons
They're pretty rare to begin with, right?
>>
>>47098969
i suppose so. Any other suggestions for the tables?
>>
>>47100560
a roll twice option, and replace grav gun with heavy weaponry (I.E heavy bolter and shit)
>>
>>47101359
>>47100560
Powered/Chain melee weapons?
>>
>>47096875
>We also need to add CSM warband(re-name it to chapter) strength table because it has more options
Including the tables for why we have that strengths?
>>
File: 1459995862486.jpg (44 KB, 800x494) Image search: [Google]
1459995862486.jpg
44 KB, 800x494
For special equipment, I think we should keep both preferred fighting style and traditional weapons, since I think the traditional weapons fills a pretty okay position, and preferred fighting style is cool

We need 10 total options, so far we have 4

xenos tech (we could specify, like necron, eldar, tau, minor, ect. But I don't know if its that useful) , archao-tech, traditional weaponry, preferred fighting style.

We could do crude weaponry a la orks, warp weaponry.

I dunno
>>
>>47102545
I like the sound of these options! Whats next?
>>
>>47103426
We still need four more options for unique weaponry
>>
>>47103541
Hmmmmmmm... gonna throw a few ideas at the wall, see if they stick

Flesh tech: A strange and mildly disturbing formm of technology, be it derived from chaos or xenos origins

Man portable Nova weaponry: Horrendously ancient and rare, the renegades have happened upon something truly devastating on the battlefield. These weapons work like much smaller versions of the Nova cannon, firing cannisters of antimatter and creating miniature black holes in their targets(these should only have a 1 or 5 chance of being rolled)

Speciality ships: Non-Imperium built ships(this one is sorta freeform I guess)

Phase weaponry: Weaponry able to bypass cover, most likely ancient Eldar tech of some sort

Some of this is sorta a play on xeno/archao tech but this is what I got atm
>>
>>47103735
>Flesh tech: A strange and mildly disturbing formm of technology, be it derived from chaos or xenos origins
So Biomarines, but not retarded?

Could be a Gene Flaws as well
>>
>>47103767
Sorta yea, and its still mostly just their equipment
>>
>>47103735
>Man portable Nova weaponry: Horrendously ancient and rare, the renegades have happened upon something truly devastating on the battlefield. These weapons work like much smaller versions of the Nova cannon, firing cannisters of antimatter and creating miniature black holes in their targets(these should only have a 1 or 5 chance of being rolled)
I don't know how I feel about this one. I'd like to keep things within lord precedents and not overly specific
>>
Boomp
>>
>>47104277
Yea I dunno. I was just throwing shit at the wall, I can see that one being to much/lore violating

anyone else have ideas for it?
>>
Is the table done?

>>47105730
Heavy/Xeno/Daemon weaponry?
>>
bumpin
>>
>>47105802
I'd go with chaos tainted weaponry
>>
>>47108061
How's about Heretical Weaponry?

Also is anything being done in the way of completion?
>>
>>47108156
Basically all the weapons that can be rolled are heretical though

I couldn't make much progress tonight, I'll try updating the special equipment before I sleep. Sorry it's taking this long
>>
>>47108228
Also you need to edit some of the tables. The reason for over/understrength still makes ALOT of chaos references
>>
>>47108498
I put them in because I forgot about changing up the special equipment. Remember this is a WIP that I'm doing mostly from my phone
>>
>>47108533
I kow its fine, thanks for all the work, just pointing it out. Its fine, we don't want to work our good samaitan to death
>>
>>47108556
Alright, the special equipment list is updated. If you would like, you could come up some ideas to replace the chaos warband tables about chapter size, that'd be a big help. I'm busy tomorrow and most of this weekend, but I'll try to get this done
>>
>>47109106
Ok, I'll come up with one tomorrow, don't worry.

Also OP is now going to sleep, keep the thread alive boys
>>
>>47110082
>>
>>47110462
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 726x961) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 726x961
Is having so many options for understrength/overstrength really necessary? At some point all the rolls begin to take away from creativity. I guess you could argue that that's what the chart's for, but still.

I guess I should see what the final product is like before I jump to any conclusions
>>
>>47071072
Hear me out anons, I have the most autistic idea ever.

>read about word bearers during heresy and pre lorgar

So my idea is when lorgar was thinning out the ranks of his legion of loyalists he mostly either sent them into the warp with the intention of them never coming back or on a suicide mission.
My idea involves one of those battle groups who reverted back to the pre lorgar iconoclasts.
They'd be an atheistic chapter hell bent on both wiping out the Imperial Cult as well as any forces of chaos they encounter.
The premise was they were excommunicated upon reestablishing contact with the imperium (we'll say their first encounter was with like a cardinal world).
Thoughts?
>>
>>47101736
Combi weapons maybe?
>>
>>47103541
>>47103735
Flesh tech sounds more like stick a bolter in your arm with the barrel in the palm of your hand.
Maybe one for an extreme mutation kinda like the black dragons?
Bioweapons like the death guard with no nurgle
Forge ship (unsure if I'm using the correct term here) maybe say they happened upon a mechanicum recovery vessel/particularly large resupply vessel and have a surplus of standard equipment?

Also, a human auxiliaries option would be cool maybe PDF, local pirates/mercs, or even renegade guard regiments
>>
>>47112087
Yea, maybe romeove that entirely and leave the reasons why they are over or under strngth to the rollers

OP is back
>>
>>47112376
>>47112376
Not bad, we could try rolling for that with what we have so far. I like it, gives a plausible reason for them to exist
>>
>>47112598
Extreme mods is a good idea

Problem with auxiliaries is that they're already in there under doctrines
>>
Alright, Allies and Enemies can be one table, I feel. So what's left is the two tables not yet added ITT, right?
>>
>>47114936
What should go for the allies table?
>>
>>47116229
>>
>>47114936
What? Do you mean like a roll twice type deal?
>>
Alright, faggots, the table is done as far as I'm concerned! Give it a read over to make sure it makes sense/there's not too much overlap so everything works. But, I think we're done here!
>>
>>47119771
Looks okay to me, maybe one or two too many tables, but it works
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.