[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got into Savage Worlds, and I wanted to do a fantasy-type
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Just got into Savage Worlds, and I wanted to do a fantasy-type game, but with mechs. How would I handle that? Do I just stat them up like characters, or do I use the vehicle rules?
>>
>>47064406

Use the mech rules from the Sci-Fi companion.
>>
> unironically playing Savage Worlds

There is nothing good about Savage Worlds.
>>
>>47065901
Yeah, then fuck off and leave it for the rest of us.
>>
File: Preview - Glitter Boy.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Preview - Glitter Boy.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47064406
In addition to the Science Fiction Companion, you might want to check out the Savage Rifts Kickstarter that's going on right now. It's a licensed setting with magic and mechs, and one of the first previews is of the setting's iconic power armor, the Glitter Boy.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/545820095/rifts-for-savage-worlds/
>>
>>47065901
Explain your reasoning please.
>>
>>47065944

Shotguns are broken

Hindrances are so easy to power game

Bennies a shit, entirely dependent on session length.

Guns incredibly unrealistic, G3 deals same damage as m16 but AK deals more damage than both?

There's more but I'm on my phone. Savage Worlds is honestly almost as bad as Dungeon World
>>
>>47065941

> shilling your Kickstarter

Get out. rifts was a shit game, mixing it with savage worlds just makes it even more terrible.
>>
>>47066070
You should find a thread about a topic that you enjoy.
>>
>>47066104

> I can't handle criticisms of my shittyy game
>>
>>47066045
>Shotguns are broken
Not really. They do about as much damage as any other firearm, and the bonus to shooting isn't all that great.
>Hindrances are so easy to power game
You can only take a set amount, and they'll come back to bite you in the ass if your GM's any good
>Bennies a shit, entirely dependent on session length.
See, you've just said something is bad again without giving any reasoning. Work on that,
>Guns incredibly unrealistic, G3 deals same damage as m16 but AK deals more damage than both?
It's not a game about sperging over firearms and "muh realism." It's made for fast pulpy action, and it does it relatively well.
>>
>>47066287

Should guns only miss on a 1 if you have at least a d4 in shooting

> wahhhh it's not supposed to be realistic

I know. But then why does it include stats for dozens of guns then fall for the "AK does more damage" meme?
>>
>>47066287

> hi ndrances rely on the GM being a dick

> characters witt personality flaws should get better skills
> literally said why bennies were bad and you were too autistic to even read it

Savage Worlds is raw sewage at best.
>>
>>47066287
Out of curiosity, how exactly do bennies work? Can't you just hold them over multiple sessions and get rid of them at a set time if they are normally based on session length? I have been looking at SW for a lighter fantasy system that isn't just "Roll for combat".
>>
>>47067326

No one cares.
>>
>>47067326
They reset at the beginning of every session.
>>
>>47067326
you get three bennies per session. they can be used to soak damage, reroll shit, or be spent to power various abilities. Unlike dark heresy fate points, they reset every session, not level advancement.
>>
>>47069274
That makes sense. I can see the concern with everything being session based. I have had similar things happen where a session in D&D stops right before final boss and everyone uses the session's XP to level up immediately before hand. I would probably just give people the bennies for each specific dungeon or area, and reset them only when it is cleared.
>>
>>47069349
That also works. It really depends on how long your group's sessions are and how much you get done in them.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.