[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coats of Arms - Offering, Designing, Discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: Offering and Designing.jpg (128 KB, 465x450) Image search: [Google]
Offering and Designing.jpg
128 KB, 465x450
Hey!
I am currently doing some worldbuilding and running out of ideas for small noble-houses. So, here's my offer to you:

Tell me the following things,
so I might use them in my worldbuilding;
> Name of your Noble House
> three sentences of story and context ( more is of course possible )
> Some Named Characters with their Names
> DESCRIPTION OF THE COAT OF ARMS

and I will
> Photoshop you a Coat of Arms

This is first come, first serve,
I will be taking around a dozen requests tonight,
maybe more, it depends on my mood and the creative yield I get out of it :)

Here is an example of some coats of arms I have done in the past, feel free to use them as you please :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1hhl9i2v8jcx5t7/AADrTo8DbscoKML9phVMwsEBa?dl=0
>>
>>47061581
Adding on: Your Coat of Arms may be as fancy as you like. Although it will take some time, I am even on Board for drawing a new helmet-style or two.

Current Helmet Styles I have drawn and can use as decoration for the Coat:
> Walled City with Halftimbered Houses
> Spartan like Helmet
> Knights Helmet
> Goat / Ram Helmet
> Scull Helmet

Decoration for the Helmet can also be as varied as you like, whichever animal or mythical creature is to your liking :)

When describing the Heraldry, please use easy language: English is not my mothers tongue, and with English Heraldic Language I do struggle regularly. ( German Heraldic Language however is allright! :) )
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 711x610) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 711x610
>>47061581
Sure why not.

> Name
House Monroe

> Context
This house was founded when Sir Arthur Monroe led a daring nighttime raid to relieve a besieged fort. The king, who had been trapped inside the fort, elevated Monroe to the nobility as a reward.

> Named Characters
Arthur Monroe (Founder)
Jerome Monroe (Current head)
Cecil Monroe (Heir apparent)

> Description of arms
Divided diagonally black and white, a white crescent moon in the black half and a black owl in flight in the white half (see pic related for shitty plan). In proper heraldic terms (I think):

> Parted per bend sinister sable and argent, a decrescent moon argent and an owl volant sable.

For helmet just use a standard tourney helmet like https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Skraiste_3.png
>>
>>47061894
Cool House! :)
I'm on it! :)
>>
File: House Monroe with Yellow.png (267 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
House Monroe with Yellow.png
267 KB, 519x600
>>47061894
made two versions.
#1 has yellow beak, yellow claws and yellow shadow on the moon ( so basically i added yellow as a colour to break the blakwhite monotony );
#2 is plain black and white as you described
>>
File: House Monroe BnW.png (327 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
House Monroe BnW.png
327 KB, 519x600
>>47061894
and here's the second one.
oooops, I confused the filenames O_O
>>
>>47061581
>>47061894
If you would have some text, ( in Game of Thrones the "Words" of your house, I could also add a textscroll and put that on there, too! :)
>>
>>47062300
>>47062319
>>
>>47062371
It is nice that you like it! :)
Thank you for your input as well! This was very nice creative energy for me, adapting your house to my setting and finding a place for it! :)

I am open for more requests :)
>>
so, I'm not going to give any specific instructions, but the individual for whom the crest would be made is a spidermorph species and is part of an asian styled imperium of man. he is a blade master and has dedicated his nearly immortal life to the service of his missing emperor.

Yes he's intentionally edgy and shitty, so if you want to play that aspect up feel free.
>>
gentle bump

This could of course also be a coat of arms or heraldic representation of your adventuring group or somesuch.

I will check in occasionally for the next hour, after that I'll be abandoning the thread :)
>>
>>47062869
Oha! :D
well... could you be a little bit more specific?
Some wiches for symbolism to use?
Which Colours does he associate with, or does he prefer?
>>
>>47061581
Posting on mobile.
I'm thinking something with stone/metal colours, and an owl/book/watchtower in some combo. Name of the house can be lakros.
>>
>>47063028
allright :)
I'm on it already.
I'll be going for some edgy sperglord samuraishit with the helmet :D
>>
>>47062894
Well, most likely black and red (as he's a black widow, so perhaps an hourglass shape could factor in somewhere) and he holds six blades at once, so there's a possibility as well. Also, the asian thing is important (because he's a hugeass weeb for his species traditional culture) but it's up to you. I'll be back in a bit and I can give you some more traditional ideas fo kingdom crests, but I just wanted to see what you could make for this dude from my SWN campaign.
>>
>>47063086
Well fuck, but eh you do you I guess.
>>
Name: House Losnehdal

Context: Founded by Serro Losnehdal centuries ago, it is a house of the rough descendants of vikings who have an iron lock on most mercenary work in a city. Basically a small army that the city tolerates because they bundle themselves up in so much tradition and training that they don't bother with politics.

Named Characters:
Serro Losnehdal (Founder)
Kailit Losnehdal (Current Leader, female)
Brynjar Losnehdal (Ex-legendary commander, current quartermaster)

Description of arms:
Motto is "What we own, we keep" and its emblazoned over a coat of arms that is pretty much a stylized fist with a pine motif along the back. Similar to the Black Power mark, but with a white fist on a green tree. The fist is generally modified by each warrior of the clan to represent themselves, but the standard would be nice.

They primarily use a small metal cap and chainmail, http://www.darkknightarmoury.com/images/Product/large/300386.png
>>
>>47063086
>>47063089
>>47062869
yo, thanks for taking it on m8, I'm sure my SWN group will be happy to see their favorite spergy weeb alien get his own crest
>>
>>47062300
>>47062319
>owl stepping on the other piece
this trigger the heralidst.

Heraldic description:
De Sable taillé d'Argent, au contourné et à la chouette en vol de l'un en l'autre.
>>
>>47062869
>>47063028
>>47063089
>>47063107
Well, I did go for "asian empire" - if you don't give specific instructions, it is always hard do hit your tastes :-S :(

Problems, Illustrators all over the world face :D

Done!
>>
>>47063732
Yeah i know :D
But I go for a more modern approach.
Imho, if you can see an animal more clearly and detailled, and have space to use, in modern day, there's no reason not to cross the borders :) :D

I canNOT read french btw, sorry!
>>
>>47063120
On it!
This one should be fast ( 15minutes ), because I think I do not need to do anything new, I have all the composite parts you are looking for finished alreaedy and only need to play with colour! :)

See you in a bit! :)
>>
>>47063973
literally perfect, literally goddamn perfect. you get +1 internets.
>>
File: Losnehdal Prunkwappen.png (244 KB, 368x450) Image search: [Google]
Losnehdal Prunkwappen.png
244 KB, 368x450
>>47064248
thanks man! Glad you like it! :)

>>47063120
thanks to you as well! :)
Here, have some Heraldry:
>>
>>47063120
apart from the pine and the fist you didnt go into colours - for seafaring norsemen guys I think something watery - i.e.: Blue - is appropriate.

If you would prefer another colour, just tell me - I can make you infinite copies of this with different colours! :)
>>
>>47061581
> Name of your Noble House
Stancaster
>> three sentences of story and context ( more is of course possible )
House Stancaster was founded by a sorcerer who betrayed his count who rebelled against his King during a time of war and usurped the position. The following generations have done their best to make up for their ancestor's betraya. The most notable being a paladin who rallied a peasant militia to beat back a goblin warband but now the family is fading away to obscurity
>> Some Named Characters with their Names
>Daelin Stancaster(founder)
>Alanold Stancaster (Paladin)
>Davek Stancaster(Current head)
>Christine Stancaster(Heir to the house)
>> DESCRIPTION OF THE COAT OF ARMS
Motto is "Actions bring results" The top portion of the shield has a gold chevron and the rest of it is blue. Their crest is a hawk perched on a castle wall.
>>
>>47064423
oh shit, i just noticed:
I forgot the textscroll! Give me a moment! :)
>>
>>47064008
No reason to be sorry, I would be hard pressed describing heraldry in english, even if a good part of the vocabulary is identical. I'm mainly doing it to show off to strangers on the internet, anyways, since it usually doesn't work at parties.

Strangely, google trad seems to be giving mostly correct results.

>>47063973
De gueules au héron de sable sur besant d'or et accosté de six épées d'argent, sur une terrasse de sable.
>>
>>47063120
>>47064423
>>47064471

Added the Textscroll! :)
Hope you like it
>>
>>47064461
oh, i'm almost done with this :)
just need to throw together a hawk
>>
>>47064833
Thanks anon
>>
Name: House Bluewind (Not that many people recognise them as a House)

Story: The rulers of an island nation, founded by a self-styled pirate queen. She used an abandoned island for as a base of operations for her ship, and the place grew along with her stolen fortune.
The island itself is a Mk.1 wretched hive, with the one exception that slavery of any kind is forbidden, and most of the population is made up of freed slaves liberated from slaver ships.

Named Characters:
'Queen' Sapphire: A former slave, who now preys largely on slavers and their ilk.
Orchid: Once a renowned concubine, now the fledgling kingdom's vizier.
'The Breaker': Declines to use his real name, stops off now and again to buy prize ships. Haggles hard.
Arel: Still in his teens, but still a talented spy and assassin, watching for any threats within the city.

Description: A golden skull over a set of broken manacles on a red field, with a ship instead of a helmet on top of the shield.
>>
>>47064560
I mean, I love it, to pieces and all the way back up to being a real human bean. Did you mean to post something there though? Because if you put a text scroll on that I might have to go and seriously consider equipping my laptop with something to let me hug you through the internet.
>>
File: Stancaster.png (251 KB, 351x400) Image search: [Google]
Stancaster.png
251 KB, 351x400
>>47064461
>>47064833
aaaaaand done.
Not so happy with the hawk :-S :(
But oh well, it's a learning process for me :)
>>
File: Losnehdal Prunkwappen.png (289 KB, 376x420) Image search: [Google]
Losnehdal Prunkwappen.png
289 KB, 376x420
>>47064979
oh, sorry, forgot to upload somehow.
Here, have your Coat of Arms - with your words!
>>
>>47065171
I dig it anon. THanks
>>
>>47064905
Now working on this one :)
Thanks! :)
>>
>>47065227
Thank you.
I forgot to put that the skull and manacles are on a red shield.
>>
>>47065447
:)
Allright! :)
Thanks for the info :)
>>
>>47065447
Oh, scratch that, I did. Oops.
>>
File: Blauwindth.png (224 KB, 301x420) Image search: [Google]
Blauwindth.png
224 KB, 301x420
>>47065447
>>47064905

aaaand done :)
>>
*bump*
no mor requests?
I'll monitor until midnight european standard time, then I'll be going offline for tonight :)
>>
>>47065967
Oh, that is fucking AWESOME!
Thank you so much.
>>
>>47066250
you are most welcome, kind sir :)
>>
>>47061581
House Barend

A collective "house" composed of individual foreigners personally recognized by the king for exceptional service. By "adopting" them into the house, sovereignty of the throne is preserved while limiting the political influence they hold.

Surprisingly orthodox on the battlefield, but their armories are stocked with a variety of exotic weaponry.

Secretly, they are trusted even more than the King due to the loyalty that is implied with abandoning everything to serve him, and the lack of ties with most noble houses. Many a bastard or hidden heir is given to them for protection, and they are largely repaid by all the benefits of a noble house and only a fraction of the obligations.

>Anava Barend
>Nellatwa Barend
>Wynn Barend
>Cital P. Barend
Current Head. Formerly in banishment, distinguished achievements out in the Frontiers earned him back a noble title. Is in charge of most of the paperwork as the one most familiar with the bureaucracy.

Coat of Arms
A sword laid on the top of the shield of the heraldry, as if the shield were being knighted.

A hand wreathed in flames(as in on fire), holding an egg. The egg is already broken, but the shape is maintained and the contents revealed by cracks/holes are opaque.

No idea what else to add.

....is this too sue?
>>
> House Kattsvallen
>A house formed by King Arturo in response to the increasing amount of intrigue that plagues his kingdom. Kattsvallen are spies and assassins and have provided the king with some of his best spymasters.
> Kilroy Kattsvallen, current scion of the of the house, rumored to be sickly and sterile. Is in fact hale and hearty despite his albinism.
>Jeanne Kattsvallen, Kilroy's youngest sister, precocious and outgoing, she chafes at the boundaries placed upon her by their house's dark dealings.
>Dianna Kattsvallen, married into the family to secure the alliance of the northern clans. Her fiery red hair and swarthy skin belie a keen mind full of stratagems and schemes.

A black cat on a full moon, preferably with some daggers on display. Bonus points if you can work the cat into killing a snake.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.