[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #817: An End To Chaos Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: JC.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
JC.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47049448
>>
Jumpers, has there ever been a free perk or item that you have passed for whatever reason?
>>
>>47061496
I passed up the free perk for Claymores because I didn't want to be trained as a prostitute.
>>
>>47061535
I thought that was more like you can disguise yourself as a prostitute.
>>
Here's version 0.2 of my jump.

Still no intro, a few things were changed and added. Still missing a 100 CP perk for Forest and Ragna. Notes / Changelog at the bottom.
>>
I have a rule that if I take drop-in then I cant take any personality altering perks; so no charisma/snark perks that are weirdly common to be free for drop ins.
>>
File: AntispiralOPM.jpg (247 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
AntispiralOPM.jpg
247 KB, 720x540
Asking again-what materials are there out there that would be good for making an eldritch supercomputer out of? Specifically, one designed to process the death-knells of stars in a manner which may redefine what Is and Is Not to make impossible things with a sort of quasi-existence real and redefine territory beyond what is considered reality?

Apart from Cores/Shards from Bastion, solidified psychic residue reverse engineered from Dogs of War's warpstone and distilled from 40K brand psychic emenations purified with the Anti-Demon Wavelength and Octarine-which are already going to be used to build the thing.

>>47061496
Kinda Light of Terra? We just kinda lost track of the Slagshiftas after the race and a lot of fungus alcohol; seemed to be for the best since there are literally grots out there more orky than us.
>>
>>47061580
They're trained to be able to act like a prostitute. That could very well include functioning like one. Even if it doesn't, I don't exactly want to be trained to behave as a prostitute either.
>>
Re-asking question, since the thread ended before I got anything...

In the Homeworld jump, does Sajuuk count for Advanced Phased Telemetry and Inertialess Drive, considering it's only schematics?
>>
>>47061580
But anon, if you know how to act like a prostitute you'll know how not to act like one even better.
>>
>>47061929
I don't think most people have trouble avoiding acting like a prostitute, anon.
>>
>>47061607
Will the Silver-haired Warrior’s tree transformation risk remain Post-Jump?
>>
>>47062025
Actually, looking at the notes I would guess so, but that should probably be stated outright.
>>
>>47061496
All the time. I tend to avoid perks that alter the way people function around me or alter my personality, at least without a real explanation. That describes a lot of free origin perks.
>>
So, what happens if I take EX Strength and top ranks in, Mad Enhancement, Monstrous Strength and Natural Body? How strong do you think that would be?
>>
>>47062248
StronK
>>
>>47062248
Conceptual shit strong
>>
>>47062248
>>47062325
>>47062378
Not hardly. You'd probably be at 1,000 tons or so.
>>
>>47062248
I have no idea. EX STR on its own would be 1422000 kilograms (3134973.368 pounds), so there's that. No idea how much of a boost the others would be.
>>
>>47062429
EX strength by itself would be well above that.
>>
>>47062448
That's ~1,500 tons
>>
>>47062482
It's exactly 1422 tons, but thanks, I suppose?
>>
>>47062495
Metric tons? Or short tons?
>>
>>47062495
And how does that translate into fucktonnage.
>>
>>47062505
Metric
>>
>>47062527
Ah I see I was using MURRIKAN (Short Tons) and pounds.
>>
>>47062526
1567.487 US tons. This is basic Google shit you know?
>>
>>47062025
>>47062118
Yes, the risk of transformation into a tree will stay post-jump, its just not an instant death sentence and you'll eventually transform back, but the risk is that you must not be in treeform at the end of a jump or it count as a loss. But like indicated you can change to an alt-form for the duration of the end of a jump, change back into treeform at the start of the next, and wait out the 'cooldown period' there.
>>
>>47062467
Ah, I think I used a smaller weight for calculation. In that case, I'll revise my answer to "under 10,000 tons."
>>
File: image.png (544 KB, 981x1270) Image search: [Google]
image.png
544 KB, 981x1270
>>47062248
What jump is this from?
>>
>>47063196
Fate. The "EX" should've tipped you off.

Be honest, you were just looking for any excuse to post that pic, weren't you?
>>
>>47061496
The Dark Eldar physiology perk from Commorragh.
I like my soul belonging to me and the Benefactor thank you very much.
>>
File: image.png (177 KB, 411x600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177 KB, 411x600
>>47063211
Yes. Nerdy Power Girl is hnngg.
>>
>>47062448
How is EX STR 1422 Metric tons?
Not saying you're wrong, but I don't understand the reasoning.
>>
>>47063764
I googled largest weight ever lifted, got this
>The Guinness Book of World Records (1985 edition) lists his feat of lifting 6,270 pounds (2844.02 kg) in a back lift as "the greatest weight ever raised by a human being"
So I multiplied that by 500.
>>
>>47063857
Ah, I see.
The backlift has always had a ridiculously high maximum weight.

When I do measurements like this, I go by the Olympic record for the Clean and Jerk, which is 264 kg.
>>
>>47063972
Eh, I mostly just look up the maximum lift, then use that as a base for my maximum lift when something references peak human strength. Just makes sense in my opinion, since anything else wouldn't be including what would be my absolute maximum. I mean, I obviously tone it down for things like punches and all, but still. And yes, I know that weight-lifters don't necessarily have stronger punches than people who specialize in them, but I'm not looking to be realistic here.
>>
File: troll toll.jpg (84 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
troll toll.jpg
84 KB, 460x276
>>47063196
Do you know the costs of contracts in Changeling Many?

Asked about it a thread or two ago and can't figure it out. It's either 375 CP for a full 5 rank contract or 1125 CP for a 5 rank contract and it's worded pretty ambiguously. The former makes more sense but:

"Every clause costs it's rank times 75 CP, and previous clauses must be purchased to gain access to the next rank."

seems to indicate that you may have to pay out the nose.
>>
>>47063972
That works. Between that and the deadlift at 460kg, you get a decent estimate.
>>
Given all this STR talk, I have a question for you /jc/.

Can you throw a punch?
>>
>>47064241
No. I've got -4 STR and rely on magic.
>>
>>47064241
I'm a cyborg and have rockets in my wrists.

Does that count as throwing?
>>
What's that perk that makes your telekinesis as powerful as your physical strength?
>>
File: image.gif (580 KB, 400x166) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
580 KB, 400x166
>>47064090
Go with the 375cp until Disneyanon/Elonanon comes back and says otherwise.
>>
>>47064241
I've got the Whipfist from Prototype.
It's more like throwing a fist-shaped grappling hook, though.

>>47064338
Supernatural has something like that, and since Stupid_Dog never made a statement about it (that I know of), I guess that's what he intended.

So get that power and then got STRONK and HUEG.
>>
>>47064241
Sure, I could keep up with a low-tier kryptonian in terms of strength, and as for skill...

Well, I've learned basically all the martial arts. I skimped a bit on the non-supernatural ones, through I probably got atleast a decent proficiency in all but the rarest anyway.

With my list of perks including such nice ones as Adaptability, Mimic, Copycat Technique, and Enhanced Mastery, I'd basically have to make a concerted effort not to end up a master martial artist.

...I can also detach my arm, and throw my fist at people if I want to. Nobody expects that. Especially not for the arm to then grapple them down.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 300x168
>>47064241
I can. But I'd rather kick ass.
>>
>>47064534
Absolutely disgusting. I bet you're a footfag as well, you filthy animal.
>>
>>47061607
Please have a high drawback limit, if you even need to have one. I really want those tech perks and that terraformer item, and I need at least 1800 cp, maybe even 2000, for everything. Thank you.
>>
File: Luffy_Defeats_Bellamy.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Luffy_Defeats_Bellamy.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>47064241
>>
>>47064604
Let's not say shit we can't take back.
>>
>>47064702
Meh, I was planning on continuing this, but I got bored.
>>
>>47064338
Young Justice's telekinesis power. There's also its force constructs power.
>>
>>47064631
*Facepalm*
I didn't even realise I forgot to include a drawback limit. Thanks for noticing that. I'll probably include 800 CP limit.

On that note, anyone have suggestions i could use for the 100 CP perk for the Forest and Ragna Nation origins ?
Any other commentary is appreciated.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 600x428
>>47064241
Yes. Mastered the art of several martial arts, and I make giant green fists every now and then.
>>
File: image.jpg (818 KB, 1239x1920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
818 KB, 1239x1920
>>47064818
Sometimes I like to make multiples. So I can ORA ORA ORA.
>>
Pokken Tournament jump when
>>
>>47064888
When do you think?
>>
>>47063664
Her tits are spectacular.
>>
>>47064241
oh very much so, it's just I'm bitter at taking them.
>>
File: yugioh-carousel-generic.png (630 KB, 1023x415) Image search: [Google]
yugioh-carousel-generic.png
630 KB, 1023x415
I have a question concerning the Yugioh jump. It says we can buy booster packs, but how do I determine which cards I pull from the set?

Should I roll for it or fanwank it so I pull any card I want as long as it's from the specific set I chose?
>>
Hey jumpers how often do you factor stoken powers or gear into your build? For example I sometimes leave notes on my chain regarding this where I bought the broken halo in Saints Row but jacked the Power Suit from the Zin.
>>
>>47065424
Hardly ever. I've got abilities that make me good at taking that kind of thing, but I've never actually done it for some reason.
>>
>>47064241
Very much so but I'd rather use my sword until I learn how to split atoms with my fist.
>>
>>47065424
all the time, what's the point in being a magpie if you don't play with your shinys?
>>
File: catapult-turtle.jpe.jpg (21 KB, 202x250) Image search: [Google]
catapult-turtle.jpe.jpg
21 KB, 202x250
>>47065322
... I am... pretty sure you can fanwank that to your heart's content.

Granted Jumpchan probably isn't going to give you an ultra-rare asskicker from a 50CP'r, so you should probably limit it to relative power levels.
But at the same time, it would matter so little in the context of the rest of the chain, and the anime cares so little about the rules and what cards can actually do, you can pretty much just... yeah, just do whatever you want.
>>
>>47061607
>After a bit of reading, you now know that however placed in there didn’t do a good job of it as you seem to have no memories of this world, past or present.
Sounds like they did a wonderful job.
>>
>>47065424
I don't really taken power-stealing abilities, precisely because I don't want to deal with the pain of keeping track of in addition to what I already get from CP stuff. I do somewhat keep track of stolen gear, but most of that's simply used to reverse engineer how it works and then replicating it.

Recently through, I've been tracking every world with demons in them. Because with Court of Bel, plus all the demonic royalty/command perks, and some demon-creation perks it gets pretty crazy.
Especially when combined with Beelzebub's Multiple Demonic Contracts. Which together means I command an ever-growing army of demons that gets pulled along with me into every jump (through normally in a pocket dimension) AND empowers me with about 80% of every single demon's power.
>>
>>47065809
Remember that in SMT terms, "demon" encompasses pretty much all spirits. You can get a lot more than just conventional demons in your court.
>>
>>47065856
True, and recruiting other spirits is also on the to-do list. But I can only make contracts with conventional demons, I think. So I can only draw on those powers personally.

Oh, this reminds me... NGNL summoning allows me to call up beings I know from previous jumps. Is there any reason I couldn't summon up some demons/spirits and recruit them, keeping them with me when the spell runs out through the Court?
>>
drawbacks it's all about me, days of old and testin' me

location bari shur ghost town
age 175
background bureau of public safety
perks MDK, merciless, jazz house, venom, when mind, ruthless, soon enough, gotta get the cash and fast lane

cybernetics cybrid arts
items and equipment bag o' dough, asylum bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon, powered armor and personal shield

killer weapon transforming weapon
>>
How dangerous is Dark Souls? What about if you take the drawback that puts you way back in the past?

How powerful are the gods and stuff?
>>
>>47066003
Probably pretty strong, since you fight them in the games after they've lost almost all their power or gone completely crazy, or both.
>>
>>47066003
It's hard to say, but Gwyn and his gods are massive giants (they seem to shrink when losing power, funny enough) who hurl lighting bolts powerful enough to split massive immortal dragons in half.

Gwyndolin might be a good example of feats since, while not combat focused, we do see him use his power in a major way in the 'present'. He cast an illusion that made an entire rotting, empty, dark giant-sized city look bright, clean, and sunlit, including projecting fake enemies and people like a facsimile of his older sister that can act, speak, and otherwise seems entirely alive.
>>
>>47066086
>who hurl lighting bolts powerful enough to split massive immortal dragons in half.
Eh. Gwyn in his prime (in the opening cutscene) didn't do more than take a person-sized chunk out of a dragon with a direct hit.

Gwyndolin is a good example. Actually, aren't Ornstein and all of the Silver Knights illusions, too?
>>
So I had a gloriously stupid Idea on how to "fix" the Madoka universe.
What happens if you give Kiyubi an Infinity Gem? Understand my knowledge of the Madoka universe is very very incomplete. How does this catastrophically go wrong?
>>
>>47063972

...someone actually decided to use the phrase 'clean and jerk' in an official capacity and with a straight face?
>>
>>47066161
I don't think all of them, but yeah, Biggie and Smalls are illusions and most of the Silver Knights as well. He managed to make illusions that can kill.
>>
>>47066233
Some people aren't immature children.
>>
>>47066219
Well for starters it might not be enough energy. You getting it from MCU or Marvel?
>>
>>47066236
Actually I think that's the real Smough. Ornstein apparently left to go look for the Firstborn, but Smug stayed behind.
>>
File: FairyTaleGirl.png (113 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
FairyTaleGirl.png
113 KB, 400x240
So, got any tips on how to curry the favor of the fae?
>>
>>47066313
Ah. But yeah, we know for sure it wasn't the real Ornstein (how did they reconcile the fight in 2 for the dead body in 3 anyway? Was the fight in 2 non-mandatory?) so he has that in his favor regardless.

Worth noting that Gwyndolin himself isn't all that hard a fight, but he's a wimpy shemale with snakes for legs and a focus on illusion magic, of course he's not as beefy as his dad or brother.
>>
>>47066340
Give them a hug while wearing chain mail.
>>
>>47066302
Was thinking MCU but I suppose you could go to marvel and do it if you are a bad enough Dude.I was no where near a bad enough Dude to go tangling with Thanos.
>>
>>47066340
Politeness.
>>
>>47066233
This>>47066253
Some of us are over 18, and can say Uranus without smirking.
>>
>>47066340
Excessive rules lawyering.
>>
File: fairies.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
fairies.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1440
>>47066363
Anon, that kills them.

I don't want to kill my new friends, do I?
>>
>>47066374
Not that anon, but they don't work outside their own universe, remember? And there's no Jump-Chan fiat fot them.
>>
>>47066353
Eh. I assume it was either that it was a non-mandatory fight or it just wasn't the real Ornstein.

But yeah, wasn't the whole reason Gwyndolin was raised as a chick because he was born unnaturally frail even compared to humans?
>>
File: 56003176.jpg (89 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
56003176.jpg
89 KB, 400x400
>>47066340
Indian fae?
>>
>>47066397
That's dragon's crown art isn't it? in that case I suggest giving them booze. Though giving fae booze is often a good idea.
>>
>>47066340
yeah, that's probably a bad idea but traditionally they respond well to offerings of foodstuffs they can't be bothered to make or collect themselves slice a loaf of bread and open a jar of honey and leave it out for them and you should be okay
>>
>>47066397
Awww shit, nigga. That's some cute ass shit.
>>
>>47065771

Thanks, and do structure decks count as purchasable starter decks?
>>
>>47066408
They work as energy sources instead of granting the powers via jump fiat, which is at least better than the canon forms where even in Marvel comics, the Infinity Stones are inert outside of their home universe.
>>
>>47066412
Gwyndolin was raised as a chick because he was born with a feminine trait for the moon. Basically he was born with a trait for magic and divine power associated with women, there isn't really anything else about him to suggest any other reason I know of.
>>
>>47066412
Nah, it was because Lunar powers are seen as strictly female by the gods, so a male child born with powers over the moon, and the son of the King at that, would have been a great shame. So Gwyn hid him away and raised him female, as is 'proper' for his powers. Strangely enough, nothing EVER calls attention to his freakish snake legs. Apparently that's not a big deal? It also strikes me as odd that Lunar powers are feminine while Solar powers APPARENTLY aren't strictly masculine, because Gwyndolin having moon powers is a big problem but Gwynevere having solar powers is completely fine and normal.
>>
>>47066493
The jumpmaker could've made them work outside of their home universe via jump fiat, but apparently we're not allowed to have any fun with them beyond energy sources.
>>
>>47066505
Moon stuff is almost always associated with women, due to associations between menstrual cycles and lunar cycles being on the same time scale. The sun has no set affinity across many traditions, as often being feminine as it is masculine.
>>
>>47066558
...So, you get stuff for free and complain you didn't get more?

Besides, it's only MCU where that's even a thing, the Marvel comics jump doesn't have a note for them to still do anything at all.
>>
>>47066558
Could you NOT use my posts as a springboard for your shitposting?

Fucking seriously, it feels like you're doing this every fucking time. Dunk your head in a waste vat already.
>>
File: 2416695-darkseidsu7.jpg (87 KB, 506x800) Image search: [Google]
2416695-darkseidsu7.jpg
87 KB, 506x800
>>47066603
it doesn't need that note because it's Canon they do not work outside of the Marvel multi-verse, darkseid had a full infinity gauntlet and it did nothing for him since he was using it in the DC multi-verse
>>
>>47066596
Ah, but that's the thing. Humans love duality. So in places where the Moon is female, the Sun is male (Artemis and Apollo), and even in the rare cases of the reverse, where the Moon is male, the Sun is female (Tsukiyomi and Amaterasu), so it strikes me as odd that a society would put heavy emphasis on the Moon being feminine without considering the Sun masculine.
>>
File: Konageas.png (122 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Konageas.png
122 KB, 300x300
>>47066340
Easy! Just program them to like you.

All you have to do is learn how to make Cyber Elves from Megaman Zero, throw in some Technosorcery from Gargoyles or any of the magiteks, or even just code stuff up with the Digitized Sorcery from Fate/Extra, and BAM!
After that it's all aesthetics. Build a forest out of computer towers, modify them to look like trees, wires for vines, spice it up with holograms for illusions and ghost lights, and you're set! Fae that would fit right in with a technosorcery jRPG mindfuck, and no common fantasy setting would be able to tell the difference, with whatever powers you care to give them, all in love and beholden to you.

It's all just aesthetics!
>>
>>47066641
Doom did a good job of wielding the IG.
>>
>>47065796
What do you mean? This was meant to be a justification for the drop-in origin not giving you memories....
>>
>>47066722
He was still inside the Marvel mutliverse. His own pocket universe was within the larger metaphysical structure of that setting.
>>
>>47066740
Probably one of those that don't want background memories, so whatever happened performed exactly as desired.
>>
>>47066740
Some people get heart attacks when the idea of having memories to help slide them into a universe comes along.

Just like some people here get heart attacks at the idea that maybe their Jumper could be a better person than they are.

People are fucking weird, let them have their eccentricities.
>>
>>47066801
>>47066802
Ah gotcha. Although isn't it SOP for drop-in to never give memories ?
>>
>>47066825
>Although isn't it SOP for drop-in to never give memories
Yes, that's the whole point of drop-in.
>>
>>47066802
When you think about it, having Jump-Chan gives entire multiverses as toys to a bunch of autistic nerds really put her above most supervillains as far as evilness go.
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1215x717
drawbacks amnesiac, beyond perverted and loveless

identities prodigy
age 13
location koryo high school
bifurcated choice dou ki
martial arts kalaripayattu, archery, arnis, boxing, bushido, chivalry, command sambo, fencing, gen no sen, ninjitsu, sumo, karate, jujitsu, kendo, lucha libre, marksmanship, savate, muay thai, pankration, pencak silat and zui quan

perks civilian skills, master's body, hidden weapons and animalistic corporation

items sword, dojo, money, gun and self help books

companion master and import
>>
>>47066867
Not if you make them better places like I do.
>>
>>47066841
Huh.
Well then....
Log 421: My thoughts on the matters get more and more evidence each day. People are weird.
>>
>>47066340
Often, fairies respect politeness, hospitality, and small, appropriate gifts. They key here is understanding what their position and role is, and affording them proper respect for it. For example, if you're dealing with house gnomes? You simply afford them the respect you would any sort of roommate, and leave them the occasional gift of their preferred food for the help they provide. If it's a powerful fairy lord though? You treat them as you would a human noble, more or less.
>>
>>47066722
I never read that story arc so I can't say
>>47066907
my brother!
>>
>>47066340
Repeatedly trick them into accepting gifts from you. They'll be honor-bound to return the favors, and eventually, they'll learn to enjoy it.
>>
>>47067006
You don't make ANYTHING better.
>>
>>47067070
how doesn't ending overcrowding, hunger, resource scarcity and disease make things better?
>>
>>47067133
I guess wiping out humanity technically does solve all of those problems.
>>
>>47067006
>>47067133

Bancho we've talked about this-nobody accepts you bringing any kind of positive change whatsoever, remember? The way you go about things, your incompetence and your inability to get over your petty grudges leaves no doubt at best you ruin everything unintentionally through your own incompetence, and at worst actively bring destruction because of your axiomatic obsession with freedom.

You are officially the worst Jumper in the history of Jumpchain.
>>
>>47067171
At least he doesn't un and rebirth his waifu every jump like someone did.
>>
>>47067171
Wasn't there a guy who got like seven jumps in and died?
>>
File: instrumentality.jpg (83 KB, 823x480) Image search: [Google]
instrumentality.jpg
83 KB, 823x480
>>47067133
Instrumentality solves all these problems and more, and some people still have trouble with it.

They're wrong.
>>
>>47067184
Please do not bring that person back up.

I'd just finally scrubbed that memory.
>>
>>47067133
I read that as ending overcrowding through hunger, resource scarcity, and disease.
>>
>>47067171
What about the guy who choked to death on ramen in Naruto the moment the jump started?
>>
>>47067201
Still a better Jumper than Bancho.
>>
>>47067201
Unexpectedly incompetents jumpers are the most entertaining, so from Jump-chan's point of view he was probably a very good Jumper.

Statistically, all of us should die somewhere in one of our crazy adventures, you can only cheat death so many times.
>>
>>47067210
>>47067184
WUT?!!!
>>
>>47067162
I've only done that once and it was more of a uplift to Homo superior than an extermination.
>>47067201
I think that also might be me I did a side chain that ended like that.
>>47067228
no I generally do that by uplifting everyone to the technology level of Star Trek
>>
>>47067299
uplifting a society that far in ten years will end in disaster.
>>
>>47067184
What does that even mean?
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
>>47067171
There's one more jumper who was worse, and shall not be named.
>>
>>47067228
That tactic would also work.
>>
>>47067388
From what I remember, in terms of impact on the universe as a whole, they weren't all that bad.

They just had super creepy fetishes.
>>
>>47067411
Hi Famine.
>>
>>47067366
elaborate please
>>
>>47067376
Someone posted their bizzare fetish involving DIO. They took the entire parent/child relationship and perverted it.
>>
>>47067236
That's not what the dice told me!
>>
>>47067492
Simple. You can't uplift a society in ten years.
You just can't.
>>
File: 2cute4me.gif (2 MB, 432x242) Image search: [Google]
2cute4me.gif
2 MB, 432x242
What's the cutest thing you've ever seen on your journeys, /jc/?
>>
>>47067891
Why it was you, anon!
>>
>>47067553
oh I don't uplift it fully but I do get most of the groundwork done, I start off by just dumping all the technology on them, then a combination (University of Toronto+ library of Alexandria+ tower seed) give free tuition so that you've got the start of a younger generation who knows how things actually work and an older generation who is slowly growing to know and love it, as for the immunity to disease and parasites that's from von Neumann body cop nanomachines distributed via modified virus torpedoes.
>>
>>47067492
I estimate a large portion of humanity will freak out and refuse to accept the resources out of innate xenophobia and a large body of fiction based around things like that being traps. A very large portion of humanity will use the unlimited resources to pursue ideological conflicts. Another very large portion of humanity will have no purpose whatsoever, and sink into depression. A small but significant portion of humanity will use the unlimited resources and both of these groups to redefine the classic game of power, and continue trying to be on top of it at the expense of everyone else.

Any sustainable uplifting process requires an extremely large time investment and patience, as rolling out your candy slowly and allowing society to adapt to it rather than just tossing it all and saying "have at it!"
>>
>>47067944
Or putting them all on a tight leash.
>>
>>47067891
Nothing is cuter than Joltik.
>>
>>47067916
you now have 2 generations with disparate experiences to a degree that it could cause major conflict. living with a poorly understood techbase. because they will be able to learn some but not all the information needed to transition in the time period. now assuming the one human constant (people are idiots) this will end badly. because a they havent had time to develop infastructure to match the technology either legally or socially and if you gave them any superhuman ability experimentation is likely going to be a disaster because given a choice between reading a manual and playing with laser vision, people are going to play with laser vision.
>>
>>47067975
...Thereby proving the xenophobes right, and ensuring that they'll gain even more support. Seriously, look at how people here react when someone tries to tell them they can't do something, and imagine how people would act if a real arbitrary force came down and tried to play nanny. Or don't, and look at history, because that shit ends in rebellions and revolutions.
>>
File: 1441281219940.gif (1 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1441281219940.gif
1 MB, 480x270
>>47067914
Stop it, anon. You're embarrassing me
>>
>>47068047
Yeah but I'm not giving out laser vision, I give warp drives and arcologies and replicators. Besides I'm not giving out immortality so in around 50 years there will be one generation who grew up with this stuff in a place with a culture that has already adapted to it.
>>
>>47068047
>people are idiots

I never got how anyone could think this for any lengthy period of time and not kill themselves. I mean, doesn't that make you an idiot by proxy?

You didn't choose to be born human, nor did anyone else. Why put that burden of guilt on yourself?

If anything, treating people like they're competent gets you a lot more respect, goodwill, and productivity from them.
>>
>>47068080
You act like charisma stacks don't exist.
>>
>>47068156
That they then fuck up because they're not actually competent. A child shouldn't be given a sharp knife even if the child is happy with the trust you give it.
>>
>>47068156
Not him, but I'm at peace with accepting that I'm an idiot sometimes so no-I don't have to hide away in a hugbox and pretend everything is fine and everyone is wonderful to deal with reality.

People are idiots. Now, I'll grant you-TREATING people like they're competant and caring and wonderful? That gets you a long way in the world! Because people also like to lie to themselves.
>>
>>47068230
If you don't let them use the knife, they'll grow up afraid of it, and when it's time for them to use it they won't be able to.
>>
>>47068144
>I give out technology that can bust the planet, technology that pre-industrial cultures won't understand the full ramifications of and technology that can crash the economy without providing any guidance whatsoever and expecting things to turn out just fine

Holy shit you fucking monster
>>
>>47068263
If you let them use a knife they'll kill themselves with it.
>>
>>47068293
hey I provide guidance, what do you think the school is for? And once they get set up they don't need an economy.
>>
>>47068263
>>47068322
Then you fucking teach them how to use it.

jesus christ you two.
>>
>>47068243
Cynical today, are we? One thing that goes forgotten too often is that most people want to do good, they really do - and conflict comes when ideas of what is "good" are too divergent, and instincts more outdated than flint hand axes kick in. Reach a Consensus on what is Good, and Evil will lose much of its foothold.

Alternatively, one physiological upgrade that can't really go wrong is to fix the monkeysphere. You know that little block that turns any large number of monkeys into an undefined sea of monkey? Remove it. Enable empathy. The human software could do so much better if it weren't being run on outmoded hardware.
>>
>>47068144
ok fair enough homo superior is something mutants are sometimes refered to and i may have mixed up some of you're posts. if you give out a warp drive and you are giving out the ability to make them you are giving out intermediaries with applications that will be used at least once not all of them but someone is going to do something you expected to be obvious not to do either out of ignorance or in spite.
>>47068156
Answer, with no small amount of self hatred for being human in the first place. I believe it because we need the legal system which is there to deal with the worst idiots, stop ourselves from wiping each other out if things get heated, preserve our work from being stolen and be exploited to ignore the 1st 3 things on this list.
>>
>>47068263
That's why you start them off with a blunt one and get them used to it before you give them a sharpened blade. Which is the point of this discussion, that you can't just hand people world-changing technologies but rather ease them into it.
>>
>>47068354
I'd rather be cynical than a pretentious, high-handed prat who's never dealt with actual human beings for any length of time. Let's agree to disagree before this devolves into ad hominems and mutual accusations of mental deficiency.
>>
>>47068398
>actual human beings

Protip, that's literally everyone, who everyone deals with for their entire lives.

>>47068376
>self-hatred

Again, why? You had no say in the matter. It's not your fault.
>>
>>47068353
Children are not intelligent or responsible enough to use knives.
>>
>>47068439
And they'll never be if they don't learn. Keeping knowledge away from an organism keeps it ignorant.
>>
>>47068384
>blunt knives

That just makes whatever job you're letting them work on even more dangerous. A blunt knife might not nick them it can still cut regardless of how dull the blade is, but it won't help matters any.
>>
>>47068352
You do realize the irony here, yes? The thread constantly has to explain to you why your plans will fail miserably, and the fix you've just espoused involves you teaching someone the proper way to do or understand something.

Gasoline and fire ringing any bells?
>>
>>47068439
Depends on the age and competency of the child. I was putting away dishes and silverware when I was in kindergarten.
You teach people and they learn shit.
>>
>>47068480
They shouldn't learn until they're old enough to handle the responsibility.
>>
>>47068438
>literally everyone

Yes, I'm aware of that? I was saying I have a low opinion of them all, and your self-righteous smugness is only vallidating me.
>>
>>47068439
I killed things with knives and guns all the time as a kid and I'm fine.
>>
>>47068156
A person is smart. People are idiots.
>>
>>47068354
People want to be good, they don't want to go through the effort to actually do it.
>>
>>47068517
>smug
>self-righteous

I just want you to believe in yourself. It hurts me to see the people around me walking around every day treating themselves like monsters just because they walk on two legs, hating themselves for something that wasn't their fault and giving up on the world at younger and younger ages.
>>
>>47068522
You're on 4chan. You are most certainly not fine.
>>
>>47068439
Is anybody intelligent or responsible starting out?

No. There're these things called "learning," "experience," "results of consequences." There are some things people need to learn, e.g. doing taxes, and they can do them just fine on their own. And there are some things we unfortunately need to learn together as a species to get over them. Like say, learning that the world's not flat.

Growing pains are a thing, and we just had a growth spurt so there are going to be a lot of them.
>>
>>47068537
>A person can be smart. People are idiots.
FTFY
>>
>>47067891
I think Temmies are pretty cute, so being a Temmie in Undertale and hanging out in Temmie Village was probably pretty cute.
>>
>>47068578
>Like say, learning that the world's not flat.

Dude, the Greeks had that shit down to a science already.
>>
>>47068568
Ah, so you DO realise you're in a minority and most people think you're full of shit. Well, I won't say this makes me happy (cynic, remember?) but hopefully you'll remember which website you're posting on before trying to preach about sunshine and lollipops.

If I was happy and fulfilled with my life, I wouldn't be involved with Jumpchain now would I?
>>
>>47068539
No, sheep want to be good. They want to be good because society tells them, "here is a list of things to do, do them and be good!"
A REAL human knows that the only thing that really matters is the self, and that more often than not "evil" is the smartest choice.
>>
>>47068629
To be fair there's just as many reasons (safety in numbers, the endorphin rush, long term social cohesion over a constant zero sum game) to act as good. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for enlightened self-interest, but it's very much about moving with the times and that generalization mainly applies when the going gets tough as a trend.
>>
>>47068629
A human barely knows anything but their own self-gratification without the feedback of society.
>>
File: 1460607760956.jpg (140 KB, 1300x957) Image search: [Google]
1460607760956.jpg
140 KB, 1300x957
>>47068629
>sheep
I agree with what you're saying but sheep is such a fedora-y word.
Your argument would be much better if you didn't use it.
>>
>>47068678
Well, I mean, that's kind of the point of a social species isn't it? Like how a lone ant can't do diddly, but a whole colony of thousands or millions can do a LOT of diddly.
>>
>>47068438
Since when has agency of the thing you hate been a requirement to hate it? lack of choice does not mean you have to like something being human and the biases it brings are things i dislike about self image personally in the same way other people have minor things about their bodies that irritate them it doesn't impede my life and i value not being self deluded where i can over happiness for happiness sake. I'm not constantly miserable because of it, self hatred was probably a poor choice of words but i lack the vocabulary to describe it properly.

AAAAAAAaaanyway we are here to play around in imagination land not discuss my admittedly pessimistic views on humanity.so jumpchain have you ever accidentally picked up a theme? just picked up a bunch of similar perks and done something without realizing it. for me it was being a werewolf (and not a vampire {neither in twilight})
>>
Oh my god am I back in first-year Philosophy.
>>
>>47068733
Heck if I know, I'm just wondering when we're getting a time extension Drawback for Bravely Default.
>>
>>47068578
>World isn't flat

Flat-Earthers denied!
>>
>>47067388
Doomaphobe? Or are we not counting jump writers?
>>
>>47068810
DA MOON IS FAKE.
>>
>>47068578
Yes, people are born innately more capable of learning and intelligence than others.
>>
>>47068733
If it's any consolation I never claimed to have the all the answers. I merely stated my position (people are shit) and some other twat started going all passive aggressive and showing off his e-peen like an internet flasher. In the first year of his philosophy course.
>>
So, weird question, how do you become a genius loci in Jumpchain? I know a friend did it by becoming Gluttony in FMA: Brotherhood and just changing what the inside of their, "stomach," looked like, but are there other ways? Ways that could maybe be added to a chain in progress?
>>
>>47068877
Ask WallAnon.
>>
>>47068845
meh bit of both honestly i'd put it down to being taught effective reasoning and rewards for overcoming hardship early on combined with obsession in some form, that seems to be the formula for success in anything humans get involved in. (note effective varies on location and does not need to be right or even rational just show consistent results that reward the growing child)
>>
>>47068906
Who?
>>
Jump 17, LOTR. Assuming I have a decent cross-section of martial excellence and sorcery from high fantasy settings, how screwed am I if I take Black Riders with the intent of teabagging the ringwraiths?
>>
>>47068929
He used Carnival Phantasm to become a wall somehow.
>>
>>47068906
... Well, I'm not the genius loci - that'd be my companion. But you could use one of the several fusion techniques after having a building companion from Carnival Phantasm, I suppose?
>>
>>47068989
Oh, is that it? Huh.
>>
>>47069005
yeah, the drawback gains you a Companion - doesn't turn you into the building itself.
>>
Did anyone else jump worm as taylors shard without speaking to her? i mean i didn't do nothing i set a bunch of arbitrary conditions for different powers and made her struggle in true worm fashion just to survive.
>>
>>47068937
Teabagging is classless, anon. Don't be tacky.
>>
>>47068812
Hint, he/she made Sponge Bob jump.
>>
>>47068877
Loath as I am to suggest it because it's a blatant rip-off of CYOA Gen's file, the Ghostbusters jump has a Ghost option like that.
>>
>>47069066
wait was the unclean one the one with the waifu unbirth? sounds like something they'd do.
>>
>>47069055
I'm planning on cutting up lich-knights with an enchanted vibroblade, that ship has kinda sailed. But the teabagging is optional.
>>
>>47068988
>>47068989
What is Carnival Phantasm, and what Jump is it from?

I'm planning on trying to make the inside look and function like a cross between the aether mod for Minecraft and the levels in Super Mario Galaxy. Would that be possible, and if so, how hard would it be?

>>47069078
This sounds interesting. How much does that option cost, and how versatile is it?
>>
File: weed.gif (1 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
weed.gif
1 MB, 300x169
What unforseen biological consequences have you unleashed, /jc/?
>>
>>47069168
leppa berries everywhere. my jumper is not so mildly addicted to the things after a leppa bush saved their lives through much of mystery dungeon. in the first couple of jumps i did not realize how fast they grew and leppa bushes overgrew much native wildlife.
>>
>>47069042
Nope. I got bored and wanted to do shit, so since I didn't have a body, Taylor got to be my stand-in.

Haggling with superpowers for favors/actions was actually pretty fun. Except for durability, she started out with that at full strength. Don't want to die after all.
>>
>>47069160
Carnival Phantasm is a Type-Moon jump, a light-hearted mishmash of the other Nasuverse settings meant to be a parody as it were.
>>
>>47069168
Abyssal-human-shipslut hybrids
>>
>>47069168
I have been seeding every world I visit with gourmet cells, shit is so cash.
>>
>>47069398
How does that even work?
>>
>>47069168
I'm a geneticist. I make walking examples of unforseen biological consequences as a hobby, so you're going to have to be a little more specific.

I had the queen of a test species of titanomyrma escape and hole up in a derelict building in Brockton Bay after Taylor turned hero and left town. They eventually spread out and created a highly territorial Eastern-seaboard-wide hive. Does that count?
>>
>>47069417
>condemning every world to Toriko-tier escalations and everything eating everything else
>>
>>47069321
i liked the challenge of nonverbal haggling and she figured out i was their pretty early on after i gave her a power when she asked (she almost killed clockblocker that day and didn't ask directly again there was much pleading and bargaining however. and where is the fun without risk? though similarly i did give a permanent survival power (invincibility frames) i just made it a challenge. my favourite power was flight that cut out if you felt safe above a certain height the fist time she tried that was hilarious.
>>
>>47069430
I thought I could "cure" abyssal mind-whammies with my, ahem, 16-inch gun.

In my defense, at the time I thought I was "THE REINCARNATION OF THE MIGHTEST BATTLESHIP, LOUISIANA"
>>
>>47069430
I explained to you but this is a blueboard, just remember you don't have to be female to be a ship girl in that jump.
>>47069457
1.escalation is good if you're Shonen, and by distributing it to humans first I am sure plenty of Shonen protagonists
2. What do you think nature is?
>>
>>47069519
>escalation is good if you're Shonen

It's life threatening and horrifying to everyone else. You're condemning entire worlds to pointless cycles of violence, you monster.
>>
File: 0% greedy.gif (874 KB, 482x1039) Image search: [Google]
0% greedy.gif
874 KB, 482x1039
>>47069515
YOU FOOL
>>
>>47069546
what do you think history is?
>>
>>47069519
You're saying you want humanity trapped in a tiny portion of the greater world because everything past a certain mile marker is strong enough to eat planets?

And you say you still try to do good, even taking into account there is a very likely chance in this next chapter (what with GOD awakening) that the planet will very well get eaten?
>>
>>47069570
Bad. So, you're basically admitting you don't just want to top the Hitlers, the Assyrians and the Crusaders of the world-you wanna surpass them in the span of 10 years by adding superpowers to the mix.

And you wonder why people think you're a monster.
>>
>>47069608
None of those groups really did anything wrong.
>>
>>47069547
Yeah, not my brightest moment. But hey, I got something good out of it.

Turns out that human plus ship plus creepy abomination equals a black cruiser with slight psychopathy. And Tico a cute.
>>
>>47069462
That does sound pretty funny. A little bit sadistic maybe, but funny.

I'd mostly offer weird or gimped versions of my powers. Like superstrength that only worked while shouting about what she's doing at the top of her lungs. Or superspeed as long as she ran on her hands, and flight as long as she flaps her arms... Or just some of the weirder things like Summon Steamroller from JoJo.
>>
>>47069608
To be fair, Bancho's more of a harmful negligence guy if anything else. Think Children's Crusade.
"Oh boy! I'm sure that this idea will have no consequences whatsoever! What could possibly go wrong?"
>>
>>47069570
Not that anon, but I don't remember anyone in history tossing around big bangs, which apparently late game Toriko characters can. You're also taking a big gamble on the heroes winning like they do in shonen. For all you know, you just unleashed the local equivalent of Frieza upon the universe. And...this is a good idea?
>>
>>47069632
>Hitler
>doing nothing wrong

What is "losing the war"?
Also, the H class battleships were on the dumb side.
>>
>>47069632
>Assyrians
>doing anything right that wasn't war
>not aping all civil institutions from Babylon while at the same time not knowing what they actually meant
>>
>>47069580
the thing is since it's distributed evenly across humanity , humanity is going to escalate at a faster rate than the animals and the size of the planet does, and since I'm giving everyone an equal beginning their able to hunt the yummier animals themselves so things turn out in humanity's favor.
>>47069608
oh I do want to stop them and I do so regularly I just don't presuppose that they are things that are not going to happen. This kind of thing is part of being human, and while it is bad, preventing it from happening altogether would require removing an amount of aggression and free will that I am not comfortable with.
>>47069632
no they did literally everything wrong.
>>47069667
you know my chain is framed as a the Osbournes/Anna Nicole show-esque reality show right? My jumper doesn't often have good ideas, just ludicrous levels of power and good intentions
>>
>>47069660
>To be fair, Bancho's kind of an idiot that doesn't really think about the far-reaching consequences of his actions. "What could possibly go wrong," is basically his catchphrase.

Fixed that for you.
>>
>>47069632
Hitler did a lot of things wrong, mostly override his military officers commands with ridiculous bullshit and redirect research away from valuable weapons technology in favor of less effective projects because he liked them more.
>>
>>47069766
actually yeah I will cop to that one
>>
>>47069667
Frieza is pretty stylish, at least.
>>
>>47069729
Well, I wouldn't say EVERYTHING wrong.

At the very least, focusing on u-boats for commerce raiding while maintaining a token fleet enough to keep the Royal Navy at bay was the right decision. Also, the focus on maneuver warfare.
>>
>>47069766
Considering that jumpers usually have durability, regeneration, immunity, and social damage control perks up the wazoo you can imagine how easy it is to ignore the potential consequences of our actions.
>>
>>47069789
Well of course, though his brother is Cooler.
>>
>>47069827
the blitzkrieg was a pretty sweet maneuver, and Rommel was damn good, I'll give you that. But as a government they were pretty messed up.
>>
>>47069886
CAAAAAAAAARRRRRLOOOOOOOSSSSSS
>>
>>47069886
But both of them have to admit that their father is ice Cold.
>>
>>47069729
Dude, nobody's arguing about how you frame your chain. They're saying you're a complete monster for making bad shit happen that nobody needed. All you've done is spread calamity, destruction and pain throughout the multiverse.
>>
>>47069839
I know I try not to. The last time I did anything crazy like that was Bloody Roar, wherein I looked at all the different sides of the conflict and decided, "Why not just make everyone into zoanthropes? Problem solved."

And maybe also Forgotten Realms, where I genocided the Sarrukh, made new ones that weren't assholes, unshackled their primary racial deity from the other deity that their high priests were trying to feed him to, shunted both of them to an arena-like demi-plane with an extremely slow time trait, so that their fight seems to take thousands of years, and let them duke it out?
>>
>>47070158
That seems a bit excessive.
>>
While we're on this topic:

Jumpers? What've you FUBAR'd righteously?
>>
>>47070191
There was that time I combined the Broodmother perk with the Angel form, and thus had quite a few Angel kids/clones. Sounds good, right? Well, I took one of those drawbacks where you start as a prisoner, can't remember which one. Well, as it turns out, the kids/clones reacted to this about as well as you THINK they would, and promptly went on a rampage in order to find me. Thank fully, they could tell where I was, but they still did a LOT of damage. Needless to say, the locals, both heroes and villains, took an immediate dislike to our little band, mixed with a healthy bit of fear. I made sure to spell out why they have to be more careful in the future.
>>
>>47066740
That was the joke.
>>
>>47070189
>>47070191
So, here's the thing about the original sarrukh, alright? They're assholes. First and foremost, they have a societal structure similar to the vampires from White Wolf's Vampire series, but cranked up to eleven because they're all vying for the favor of their racial patron deity, who wanted them to make other reptiles for him to lord over. He's listed as chaotic evil.

How? Manipulate Form, a supernatural ability the sarrukh have, that only works on other reptiles. The wording is a bit nebulous and leaves it kind of unclear as to whether sarrukh are immune to the primary effect, where they can warp the bodies of reptiles, or whether they're immune to the side-effect that knocks out those they warp for 2d4 rounds. My argument is, if they were immune to the warping effect, it would be at the very end of the effect's text, but instead it's at the end of the paragraph that explains the unconsciousness side-effect. Also, they're listed as the progenitor race of all reptiles, which means there were no others before they showed up.

Since there are no other reptiles, the only source would be other sarrukh. Given their societal structure, the logical course of action for it would involve taking of captives, forceful warping, removal of the captives' ability to manipulate reptilian forms("...add or remove extraordinary, supernatural, or spell-like abilities..."), and, uh, taking advantage of the line that states that the changes breed true if they're bred with unmodified members of their kind.

So, yeah, they're assholes.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.