[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were there any no-combat campaigns that you enjoyed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: 439027_dvd_12_stulyevoric.jpg (66 KB, 400x570) Image search: [Google]
439027_dvd_12_stulyevoric.jpg
66 KB, 400x570
Were there any no-combat campaigns that you enjoyed?
>>
Bumperino in the name of pacifism and commerce
>>
Oh, yeah, once we played as D&D characters who were themselves playing a nested game of D&D.

Their campaign was violent as shit, though.
>>
File: good joke.jpg (205 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
good joke.jpg
205 KB, 800x526
>no-combat campaigns
>>
We had one. It was mainly about trying to replace the will of a murdered industry magnate with a more favorable forged one. A bunch of other weird shit was going down. It was good fun.
>>
File: molybdenumgp03-8.jpg (67 KB, 600x1003) Image search: [Google]
molybdenumgp03-8.jpg
67 KB, 600x1003
>>47060856
None.

If I'm not kicking in doors, killing orcs and banging princesses, I'm not playing.
>>
File: orky-boy.png (6 KB, 299x276) Image search: [Google]
orky-boy.png
6 KB, 299x276
>>47061861
My nigga. Machinations, shenaginans, trading, smuggling, deceiving and politics are pointless without a good ol' skull-smashing
>>
File: 76273925_1482089_120738_max.jpg (54 KB, 600x479) Image search: [Google]
76273925_1482089_120738_max.jpg
54 KB, 600x479
>>47060856
>12 Chairs cine-adaptation with Mironov
Mein neger.
>>
>>47061051
>>
>>47060856
A 3 session mini campaign that was basically scooby doo mixed with maniac mansion.

It was really goofy and fun, and nobody died. The only fight was one that involved an evil genius hamster who was shooting at the party with a shrink ray.
>>
>>47062969
>>
>>47060856
A one shot detective story set in an alternate victorian era.

>3 PCs
>an actual detective, a sailor, and an academic. >the two first being paid, and the latter being asked as a favor to prevent a murder happening at an estate at an isolated island

>I played the academic. Alistair Pembroke, a "travelling linguist and archaologist", as he would refer himself to any new people he met.
>Very handsome and sociable. His adventures are very popular among young noble women.
>Though secretly a closet fag. (gay people being shunned in this setting)
>Doesn't really do all that much archaeology though. Mostly a socialite

>In the end we completely failed, dispite sincere attempts.
>Alistair's investigation consisted mostly of drinking wine, trying to get a grip on the people attending the party.
>Ended up not finding out enough before the murder happened.

>But in the meantime Alistair had time to seduce the prince
>Accidentally walked out a winner, as the prince's new boyfriend.

This has since become a joke, and has named similar social manoeuvres "The Pembroke Approach"
>>
File: 1460093013172.jpg (56 KB, 500x532) Image search: [Google]
1460093013172.jpg
56 KB, 500x532
A Wars campaign using the Edge of Empire books.

A group of scientits and archeologiests competing with a rival group for the best treasure to go to Hutts/and/or museums.

We had one combat character, a bodyguard wookie... he was incredibly bored, he occasionally got into barfights or defended our people against ancient security systems.
>>
>>47067454

* should be "Star Wars" campaign...
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.