[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyberpunk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Cyberpunk RPGs collage2.jpg (1 MB, 993x1039) Image search: [Google]
Cyberpunk RPGs collage2.jpg
1 MB, 993x1039
Cyberpunk: what do you love about it and what do you hate about it?

>protip: don't argue about what is or isn't cyberpunk.
>>
SLA Industries seems to be making a comeback, I always enjoyed cyberpunk + horror. CthulhuPunk had a better setting than most other cyberpunk games.
>>
>>47058317
>what do you love about it
the atmosphere
>hat do you hate about it?
the awful, awful song lyrics they put in the books
>>
File: klaus-pillon-worldmap-final-low.jpg (840 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
klaus-pillon-worldmap-final-low.jpg
840 KB, 1920x1200
>>47058317

>Love
I love the ambient, that mix of noir movie with cutting edge tech. I love the contrast between the clean and sanitized corporate world and the dirty and gritty the life on the street where vice is cheap and life even cheaper. And finally, I always was a sucker for cities like pic related.

>Hate
Over the top, exaggerated content based on shitty ideas taken here and there. This would include stuff like killer clown gangs, samurai-pizza delivery men, armored hovercrafts that belong to punk gangs, 15yo elite ninja assassins, armored stockings and bandanas, grannies with anti-tank missiles, furries, etc. I also hate when artists put lights on armor and guns to make them look cyberpunk. Might just as well walk around with an illuminated bullseye on the forehead. But this is more a detail.
>>
>>47058567
>the awful, awful song lyrics they put in the books
>I've got my chrome
>All wired up
>Hitting the strets
>Never give UUUUUUPPPPP!!!

Can't disagree with that. Teenage rebellion always looks vapid and reads awfully from the top-down perspective.
>>
>>47058317
>Love
The noir atmosphere, the civilian technology and the weird futuristic political-economic commentary connected to our real world.

>Hate
The guns guns cyberware guns fixation of most cyberpunk games. It's fun at first but man does it get tedious over the years. Cyberpunk writers were never as fixated on guns and combat like that (except for Shirow).
>>
>>47059259
>Cyberpunk writers were never as fixated on guns and combat like that (except for Shirow).
That's because they were faggots. Hohoho!
>>
File: geof_darrow_hard_boiled_01.jpg (327 KB, 528x700) Image search: [Google]
geof_darrow_hard_boiled_01.jpg
327 KB, 528x700
>>47059259
>>
Has anyone tried The Sprawl?
>>
>>47059008
>>47058567
I feel too many people stop reading into the feeling of cyberpunk when they get to punk. While old cyberpunk books might have some anger, I think the over all feeling is one of melancholy nostalgia? That's part of the reason I think edgy song lyrics don't jive with the feeling of cyberpunk.

I might be talking out my ass though.
>>
>>47062412
I tried with people with a varied group of experience in roleplaying.

Really liked it, feels a little bland in some areas but its mostly because its really focused in what it wants to do: a roleplaying game of profesional criminals in a corporate cyberpunk, and even when the players had really shitty plans or didnt know what to do, the game makes a interesting flow of consequences that keeps the tension in the game, and gives lots of hooks for the GM.

If you want heavy combat, or highly detailed characters, doesnt really work, but its great for mission focused campaigns of cyberprofesionals.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.