[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Carcassonne vs Agricola
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 51286n8bV6L.jpg (59 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
51286n8bV6L.jpg
59 KB, 352x500
Hey /tg/ im looking at buying one of these two board games, and were wondering the essential difference between the two. Boardgame geeks "weight" rating gives off the impression that Carcassonne is simplistic / Agricola is intense, but I know you guys are the people to consult.

I really only have experience with Catan but I love it.
>>
>>47055439
P. sure this isn't /tg/, but if it is, go with Agricola. Carcassonne isn't simplistic, there's a billion different versions of the rules, and all in all it's generally shit.

Agricola is way better.
>>
>>47055878
>board games
>not /tg/

Fucking what, you moron? Is anything /tg/ anymore?
>>
I haven't played Agricola but Carcassonne isn't that great.

Have you tried Ticket to Ride? It's as simple to play as Carcassonne but less random.
>>
>>47055439
Played both, love Agricola. The interesting thing about Agricola is the random aspect: the cards you get at the beginning can lead you to a different strategy each time. For instance, if you have a special oven card, you'll try to build around that and be a baker (enjoy never going hungry while everybody starves).
Aside from that your plans will never be foiled by randomness. It all comes own to planning, reading the other players' intentions, and making the best of your cards.

Games can be kind of long (def longer than Carcassonne) but I'm fine with that personally
>>
>>47055878
Are you mentally retarded?
>>
>>47055878
>board game
>not /tg/

Leave and never come back
>>
File: 1373002925664.jpg (26 KB, 223x255) Image search: [Google]
1373002925664.jpg
26 KB, 223x255
>>47055878
>>
>>47055878
Rather than contribute to the rising tide of townsfolk with pitchforks wanting you gone for good, I'd ask where you think discussion of board games belongs?

I'm genuinely interested in why you'd classify this sector of traditional gaming as not tg.
>>
>>47055439
Carcassonne can be super light, I love it as a play while you talk game, without worrying about the scoring too tightly. Some of the expansions and stuff (included in the big box) add more rules on top, but it never gets very complicated or competitive. (for me and my family /friends, at least)
The map tiles and wood pieces have a lovely quality to them, nice game overall.

Can't say much for Agricola as I've not played it, but it's held in high regard and I'm going to buy it someday for sure.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.