[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #816
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 1920x2160
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA

https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47036782
>>
>>47049448
A bit early, anon.
>>
>>47049500
This is the "No Edition" guy.

He has to be an early bird.
>>
>>47045551
Aaaand Raymoo is apparently nonhuman now. Same goes for Marisa and for that frog-girl and any other mostly human character.

Who knew?
>>
>>47049448
Did someone drop the no edition guy on his head when he was a kid?
>>
>>47049555
>frog-girl

Suwako is a goddess.

No, really.
>>
Well. I'll just post this again now and hope people see it right up top and respond. Three people out of 50+ is not too representative of a community. It's for how I'll have stuff work out post-jump in SMT1.

>See, I thought giving you the metaphysical leverage to tussle at that power level, but no direct strength to show for it would be fine, since noone complained about the Harmonizer. But apparently someone convinced DSAnon to remove it, so I have to deal with that now instead of waving it away.

>What I had in mind is: 1. You only keep what you're said to have post-jump. The wacky unspecified power that lets you fight planet and universe busters is gone until you Spark. 2. You do something like Darksiders and face a big challenge in order to Spark and keep everything. 3. You keep your power, but impose SMT metaphysics upon yourself permanently: while you can fight Darkseid or the Anti-Monitor, people such as Batman or Weaver-era Taylor Hebert are now a serious threat to your life no matter your power, as they gains the same benefits SMT humans do when facing you. This one I'm not so sure, due to its implications on Jumpchain meta.
>>
So, what is your preferred way of dealing with rank-and-file goons? Do you eat them, befriend them, light them on fire or what?
>>
If you were to take both Welcome to Hell and It Was Me Jumper! would the Speedster start coming after you before you left the island?
>>
>>47049720
>>
>>47049738
Arrowverse, sorry.
>>
>>47049720
I thought it was fine the way it was honestly.
>>
>>47049720
I think 1 with the option of two is good. Maybe a chance to earn your spark by defeating YHVH and saving Aleph from his fate worse than death? Though I have to wonder what rewards the human classes would get for that.
>>
>>47049726
Mind control them and send them to kill their boss.
>>
>>47049809
Same, but if the poisonous types are going to try and force a change, I'll at least try and mitigate it towards the direction I could live with by voting.
>>
>>47049720

1 makes the most sense.

However if your taking suggestions I thought of another possibility.

You could point out that said planet and universe busters don't actually use planet/universe destroying stuff during fights, and they tend to be the result of complex rituals (for lack of a better term). Which would imply that their planet and universe busting power might take too much preparation to use in a fight. So while their technically planet busters they haven't actually used them against you in a fight do to lack of prep-time. They also seem to have a durability that's far lower than their non-battle offensive power implies.
>>
>>47049720
Link to jump in question?
>>
>>47049705
The one with breasts.

The good girl.
>>
>>47049726
Just shoot them.
>>
>>47049982
Oh, you mean Sanae?
>>
>>47049867
This, seems to be the traditional way of dealing with powers like this.
>>
>>47049982
>>47050032
I vaguely remember her being a living God or something along those lines.
>>
>>47050065

The term used is translated to living god, but it basically just means 'human that got some god powers and might return to being human if they lose the faith that led to getting god powers'.

However she's also descended from Suwako. So she's basically the descendant of a demigod that ascended to become a demigod.

Still while not completely human (unless she loses her god powers) it creates another method besides 'become a monster'.
>>
>>47050167
Although God's depend on human faith to survive like yokai depend on fear.Thus it trades one master for another albeit with less chance of getting eaten but more servitude
>>
File: SMT1 jumpchain 0.6.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SMT1 jumpchain 0.6.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47049758
>>47049867
Thank you for your opinion.

>>47049907
I suppose I could go with that. Also helps with explaining how guns are worthwhile weapons in the late game.

>>47049809
Me too, if I'm gonna be frank. But just putting my head in the ground any time power levels come up seems dishonest, and now that I drew attention to it I can't back down.

>>47049972
Here's the current WIP. Note that I wrote options 1 and 3 already to have something concrete in case people wanted specifics, with the endjump option being a +0 CP drawback I'll write eventually (if people want it).
>>
>>47050032
Yes, her.

I admit, I feel vaguely ashamed about the fact what the only things I remember about her are frogs, breasts and memes.
>>47050065
True. Anon just below the post I am replying to got it.

Still, other supernatural humans of some significance pop up from time to time and probably many more more go behind the scene.
>>
>>47050248
Honestly, I think given the shit SMT is dealing with - I think it deserves at least the OPTION of being an endjump.

It deserves the title at least.
>>
>>47050312
You act like there's anything good about endjumps.
>>
>>47050312
No, fuck you, endjumps are a bad idea.
>>
MEGA MAN ZERO (21)
--LOCATION--
Neo-Arcadia
--BACKGROUND--
Wanderer
Male, 20yo
--SKILLS & ABILITIES--
•Combat Analysis (900cp)
•Opportunist
•Scavenger (700cp)
•Ex Skill (100cp)
•Survivor (-200cp)
--GEAR--
•Warning
•Armor Plating
--DRAWBACKS--
•Mercy Invulnerability (0cp)

http://pastebin.com/Be76uRpj
>>
>>47050324
No, fuck you, endjumps are a good idea.
>>
>>47050335
How about you stop being a nerfherding bitch.

Endjumps lock off content because you whiny fucks can't stand the power level disparity.
>>
>>47050248
>Endjump
I would like to recommend a buffed version of YHVH for the final boss, but that's also a double edged sword for him. Like, he's stronger than he was in canon to account for your nature as a jumper, but if you beat him now,you'll forever banish him from the universe forever, which makes SMT 2's ending completely happy and saves Aleph, plus freeing you from the fear of his revenge. But as a drawback, not the jump itself as an endjump.
>>47050321
>>47050324
I think he meant as an optional scenario, which I mean as well. It wouldn't HAVE to be an endjump, but take the 0+ drawback and you can make it one.
>>
>>47050341
The way you keep using that term makes me think you're a parody. I dislike end jumps too, but you could stand to present this side a little better.
>>
>>47050321
>>47050324

All good things must come to an end, anons. Without the Endjump, where will you obtain the Spark? What is a journey, without a destination?

It is mindless, aimless wandering. Is that what you want? To be forever beholden to an entity that can strip away all that you are, at any moment, for the sole purpose of never having to face the ending of things? Do you believe yourselves so great that you are above the inevitability of time itself?

Someday, all things must end. Even you, Jumper.
>>
>>47049738
After you get your speedster powers.
>>
>>47050357
But anon, it is about the journey, not the destination.
>>
>>47050353
Don't bother arguing with them, we get into this bullshit every time endjumps come up.

Apparently the idea of their gravy-train ending is enough to make them start raging.
>>
>>47050370
There is no point to a journey without a destination. To leave Point A without a Point B in mind is foolishness at best and madness at worst.
>>
>>47050357
So do we get in the bag now?
>>
>>47050399
It's sometimes fun to just let go and wander.
>>
>>47050366
What if i'm not taking speedster powers?
>>
>>47050427
Then after the Particle Accelerator blows up.
>>
>>47050357
>What is a journey, without a destination?
The journey IS the destination. You're already there.
>>
>>47050248

Hey, about boosted Primordial Might. You're 'forcing all your energy outwards' to put the shield up, right? So you lose the stat boost from Primordial Might temporarily, the whole time the barrier is up, or how does that work? And can you switch shield types on the fly?
>>
>>47050427
But anon, you gotta go fast.
>>
>>47050403
Actually I brought a box. Plastic bags are too comfy for this mood.
>>
>>47050462
I have so many questions and I really dont feel like finding out the answers
>>
>>47050457
Omega Super Speed from X-Men Movies is my speed perk, it starts out faster and has proportional durability based on my speed which I think makes up for the fact that it's soft cap is Mach 30 instead of 40.

On a side note is it likely for that speedster to go back in time and kill my in jump parents before I am born?
>>
File: 1454987250968.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1454987250968.gif
61 KB, 300x351
So I rolled Time Knight in Sburb. Anyone know what that'd entail?

What about Heart Mage?
>>
>>47050506
It's fairly obvious to anyone who doesn't have a child's innocence that Totally Spies was written to appeal to various creepy fetishes.
>>
>>47050525
So THAT'S why they showed it to kids!

What is wrong with the French.
>>
>>47050462
I didn't know you were a professional "boxer".
>>47050534
France also made Code Lyoko, and thus, the horror that is XANA.
>>
>>47050514
Considering it happened to Barry, when Eobard went back in time to try kill Kid Barry. However he ended up being stopped by Future Flash, and he was stuck there in the past.
>>
anyone know jumps with power limiters besides that bracelet in digimon?
>>
>>47050570
>everything that happened in Brakmar

FRENCH

CHILDREN'S

TELEVISION
>>
>>47049520
>>47049646
At least the IRC links are there this time.
>>
>>47050587
There's a power in Young Justice, a bangle in Monster Hunter, and a cloak in Resident Evil.
>>
>>47050514
There is a perk that protects you from time fuckery and includes a form of plot armor for time travel related nonsense.

Does anyone know where that perk is from?
>>
>>47050604
Narnia and Chrono something, Chrono Trigger? Both have those as capstones, I think.
>>
>>47050312
>>47050353
Alright, how's this:
The jump makes it clear that the wacky outliers won't be a factor during your stay.
The metaphysics for the higher showings of power just aren't there post-jump, so you get what you get and no more.
There is a drawback that makes it an Endjump.

>>47050451
Correct. If you want your superstuff back, you'll have to drop your shield. Yes.
>>
>>47050517
Well, Knight of Time is canon and so is mentioned in the notes. Most of their powers focus around creating closed timelike loops. No ability to change the past, but they can change the near future, if that makes any sense. Like, you couldn't contradict the flow of major events, but you could set up minor things that would cascade to your benefit, like Dave cheating the LOHAC stock exchange, or summoning temporal clones of himself for backup in a fight.

As for Mage of Heart, that's not canon, but Heart is focused around manipulating souls and Mages take advantage of knowledge of their aspect. So a Mage of Heart would have deep insight into spirits, souls and other ephemeral entities, and would use that in some way. Think of what you could do with spirit magic, that's the sort of thing a Mage of Heart would do.
>>
>>47050630
Sounds good-
>Outliers
So Satan, YHVH, Lucifer, and that hydra kaiju thing? Won't jumpers who take the time extension thing have to face them anyway when the Megido Arc shows up?
>>
>>47050621
Narnia that was it, Narnian Time doesn't exactly lolnope time fuckery but it does render it benign.
>>
>>47050638
Knight of Time sounds pretty useless then. Especially since I already have all kinds of pre and 'post' cognition.

The other one I'm not sure of. Depends how violently we're talking.
>>
>>47050621
There's also No Fate But What We Make, from Terminator.
>>
>>47050691
Oh, yeah, Knight of Time is super useless. All the Time classes are. It's the worst aspect. I've said this before, but being the Time player absolutely sucks. You don't get to mess with time, you just get the job of cleaning up when other people mess with time.
>>
>>47050604

In addition to >>47050621 and>>47050694 there's also According to my Records from Drakengard, but that requires going to Drakengard.
>>
>>47050712
Isn't all of this pointless since that Speedster is immune to all of your powers?
>>
File: sig.jpg (8 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
8 KB, 150x150
>>47049448
Yet more builds!

Jump 71: Spice & Wolf
>Location
Rolled 5--Nyohhira
>Background
Alias: Jane Doe
Sex: Female
Drop-In
>Abilities and Skills
Wanderer's Luck--travelling is always convenient
Currency Master--can predict short-term fluctuations in money matters and forge coins and notes
Kindred of Keynes (both)--be genius at economics, quickly find markets for goods, sense supply and demand, find solutions to large-scale economic problems.
Fluffy Tail--Ears and tails are more appealing, soft, and fluffy.
>Companions
A Friendly Diety--import Chicky as Little God of the North Star
Little God--can grant boons to prevent getting lost
Fluffy Tail--add snowy owl tail to base form
Aesthetic of the Gods--have divine beauty and attractiveness
>Items
Exceptional Wine--dozen bottles of variety of best wine ever had. Refills every month
>Drawbacks
Well Known--known far and wide for fox ears and seven fluffy tails.

Another case of not really knowing what's supposed to happen, so we wing it. It's Chicky's turn to have a special trip with me. Go around with our usual freelance freighter gig, using the conestoga from Generic Western with Hime pulling it again. Also, I'm now an economics genius. Awesome.
>>
>>47050712
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Devil Survivor 2 jump have Record Breaker as the Drop-In capstone, which is a middle finger to people trying to reality warp you out of existence? Does that apply to time shenanigans too?
>>47050725
Well, he is, but it would protect you at least.
>>
>>47050728

Jump 72: 007
>Bond
Pay for Sean Connery
>Background
Drop-In
>Skills
Legendary Wit--always have puns ready--your mileage may vary
Gadget Master--trained by Major Boothroyd, can miniaturize and disguise many doodads and creative assassination methods
Road Rage--jump in any vehicle and drive it like a madwoman.
Suave and Sophisticated--everything do looks smooth and classy, always look good, items that denote classiness appear out of thin air.
>Items
Bugs--variety of tracking, listening, and other a/v snoopers.
Bladed Hat--genuine Italian boater hat with wide brim containing a hidden blade.

Honestly my favorite part of this was cockblocking Bond. Answering fake calls from doctors about his "aggressive VD", fake prescription bottles in his belongings, stuff like that. At this point in the chain it's ridiculously easy to go around solving everything with overwhelming force, so I really have to stick to my Rules of Escalation to keep things from being boring.
>>
>>47050758

Jump 73: Archer
>Identity
Drop-In
>Skills
Phrasing--can easily bait others into making sexual innuendoes
Cultural References--vast knowledge of trivia, find and understand references
Kick-Ass Accountant--excellent at paperwork and accounting genius
Engineering--yet another engineering perk because fuck yeah
Mad Biologist--mad biology skillz, plus cloning and abominating
>Gear
Tactlenecks--set of black turtlenecks
A Tonne of Cocaine--there's no way I can get in trouble with this.
Cyborg Friend--Import Chartreuse as kickass cyborg
>Drawbacks
Blown Cover--someone always screws up my cover/stealth like a dick
Bullet Magnet--get shot a lot. Even more than Archer.

Holy shit these guys are all...just...terrible. Terrible spies, terrible drones, terrible...people. Gods. Anyway. Various regeneration perks keep me from getting hurt via the bullet magnet drawback, or just a bunch of assholes with guns. Also go ahead and set up a cocaine network before the whole crap with the FBI/CIA/WGC so we can get rid of it pretty quickly and without half of Archer VICE happening. Also, Chartreuse enjoys having an in-between form that's not her original magic robot or any subsequent purely organic forms. Archer makes a bit of fun of me for sticking with using my heavily-tricked-out Collapsi-bow as my primary weapon, with a pair of M1911's as backups.
>>
>>47050742
Doesn't his immunity to your powers bypass these protections?
>>
>>47050758

And now, everybody's favorite Jump!

Jump 75: Cooking Show
>Origin
Alias: Chef Jane
Drop-In
>Skills
Cabinets and Kings!--cooking skills fit for royalty
Southern Cookin'--lots of skills with Southern meals
Asian--know all best recipes from Orient. Comes with free Hibachi
Oktoberfest--awesome German cooking. Comes with dirndl for Companions
>Items
Magic Fridge--fridge stocked with fresh ingredients, self cleaning and filling, feeds eight people twice daily
Gas Range--Eight burner gas stove with inset griddle
>Setbacks
Test--tend to taste food cooking (like that's a bad thing), metavore prevents fat-getting.

Lots of fun with this nice break. Have a show to give recipes and tips and such from a variety of backgrounds, even having a few Back-to-School specials where I show how to get good healthy food for cheap, with dormitory facilities. Might even have an escalating series where it goes from awesome apartments all the way to "I have ramen and a microwave." Suggest that tasting food is a good idea, so long as you don't go overboard with it.
>>
>>47050675
Without in-jump time fuckery, you can go up to 2039. If you catch a ride to the diamond realm by buddying up with the Heroes, that goes up to 2069. That does infringe into some of SMT2 (and possibly Imagine?) but the actual game starts at 20XX, so likely not. Kuzuryu and Satan probably won't even exist by the time the jump ends, and Lucifer and YHVH won't be a problem unless you fuck up so hard you probably already died. Besides, you can probably stop the Law-based corruption and prevent the Megido Arc from being built in the first place if you stay that late.
>>
>>47050815
Here's the thing.

The Speedster isn't out to kill you, according to Fist's own in-thread ruling after someone caught him trying to game his own drawback. They want to keep you alive so that your Velocity gets as high as possible so that they can drain your shit just before your jump ends.
>>
>>47050822

Last build for tonight.

Jump 76: Lovecraft
>Starting Location
Severn Valley, 1965
>Identity
Drop-In
>Skills and Abilities
Purple Prose--able to speak in Lovecraft's stlye
Multitasker--split attention a dozen different ways without trouble
Super Sleuthing--major buff to deduction and observation, free deerstalker and pipe
>Items and Artefacts
Necronomicon--the Necronomicon, in English, Arabic, and Greek, but won't corrupt user

So I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm fairly certain that's a very Bad Idea in this universe. Mostly I did this for the Multitasking perk. Probably going to go around as a consulting detective that specializes in cases that are labeled as supernatural.
>>
>>47050248
What effects does each demonic sword have?I'm not entirely sure I understand the sentence.
>>
>>47050815
I don't know actually, I mean the perks themselves say that even if your parents died, you'd just be born to different ones or something.
>>47050833
Fair enough.
>>
>>47050843
The anon who started this was asking under the assumption that he was not taking the speedster power, I know this because I'm that anon.
>>
>>47050884
That one sounds like it would definitely work, where is it from?
>>
>>47050896
Balls if I know at that point, but there's no Velocity growth nonsense so the 'fattening up' bit wouldn't be a consideration.

I don't think it was intended that the drawback be taken unless you went Speedster.
>>
>>47050815
I’d argue not, just because your powers can’t directly affect him does not mean that all of your passive defenses stop working.
>>
>>47050875
One makes people you cut rot to death. One makes them go insane. One manipulates fate so everyone whoever you cut loves dies a horrible death. One shoots sword beams when you swing it.
>>
>>47050875
>>47050248
Also does using up your grace for the body creation completely use it up or does it replenish? Are the extra effects only apply when the small sliver exists or can they be used before that?Can the creations move by themselves or do they require angels or humans?Are giants weak to physical attacks?
>>
>>47050248
Is there a perk that lets you enforce SMT rules when you are facing a extremely powerful enemy?
>>
>>47050998
Devil Survivor has one, but an anon ranted about it so it'll probably get removed.
>>
>>47050976
It replenishes. I honestly can't tell what you're asking here, but the creation stuff and the other powers are completely separate. You're making empty bodies, so you do need an intelligent being to put in there. No.
>>
I Just remembered somyhing about Light of Terra, in the super hard mode where you have to keep Cultist Chan alive Without her Chaos protections. If the event described has removed her protections what is stopping me from instantly throwing her into my warehouse and shutting the damned portal before she gets herself killed?
>>
>>47050917
Veridicality, from the Chrono Trigger jump, and Narnian Time. The former has you even change species in order to exist, so long as one of your "recent lineal ancestors", whatever that means, doesn't get killed off, and the latter covers that weakness.
>>
>>47050638
>As for Mage of Heart, that's not canon
Actually, it is. Meulin was a Mage of Heart, but I don't think she ever did anything important and I can't remember if she ever talked about her powers, so I don't blame anyone who didn't remember.
>>
>>47051113
Really? Well, you're right, I don't remember anything about her. I can't even remember which one of the Tumblr trolls she was. Was she...Nepeta's ancestor, maybe? Fuck, I don't know, I tried to put everything about the Tumblr trolls out of my head.
>>
>>47051106
>>47050950
My thanks, I was talking about the whole aura of purity thing after the small aspect of you line
>>
>>47051107
>what is stopping me from instantly throwing her into my warehouse
The rule that you can't keep sentient beings in your warehouse.

Although, that gives me an idea. Depending on your battlefield surgery skills, maybe you could give her a quick lobotomy that leaves her non-sentient, but still technically "alive." It's disgusting, but if you're going for the secret ending then you're probably the type who plays to win.
>>
>>47051174
Ah right, well I am planning to copy Knov's hatsu anyway so I'll just toss her in there.
>>
>>47051174
Won't the Chaos Gods just get bored and not give you the reward that way?
>>
>>47051199
I have some PR perks that would make it exiting if someone watched me paint a fence.
>>
>>47051174
>>47051107
You could also use Genesis from D&D to create a pocket dimension and throw here in there, or shrink her down and put here somewhere safe until the end of the fight, or give her a suit of armor made of the most advanced tech and/or magic you have, or... well, you get the idea. There are a lot of different ways to keep her alive.
>>
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 762x1196) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 762x1196
Terra Formars sure has gotten weird. Roaches have been breeding like mad apparently.
>>
>>47051228
Well yeah, but the whole thing is that the Chaos Gods give the reward because they're shocked that their toy survived that nonsense without their help, and start treating her like an actual servant because of that. That wouldn't apply if you lobotomize her or throw her into a pocket dimension, would it?
>>
>>47051192
Make your version of Knov's Dimensional mansion have a padded room and also put her in a straight jacket ant that might work.
>>
>>47051246
I have spent the last few days reading this, before dropping it when the roaches SOMEHOW GOT ON A FUCKING PLANE WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SPEAK.
>>
>>47051305
The chaos god's are unable to defy mighty Jump-Chan as the Jump has decreed that Cultist-Chan be given the boons, also it is never specified why they give her the boons.

It could very well be that they can feel the benefactor based limits that prevented you from killing them are just about to be revoked and they don't want to be on the bad side of a guy who may very well kill gods for fun.
>>
>>47051394
Spoiler alert, I am marching into the warp and killing those bastards no matter what they give me, I really don't care what it does to the setting because fuck the 40K universe and everyone in it.
>>
>>47051394
>Jump-chan using you the same way countries use nukes
>>
>>47051426
Depending on the personality of Jump-Chan she may literally be sending you into some setting because they piss her off and she wants them fucked beyond recognition, 40K for example.
>>
Tell me about the time took an origin, then realized that this version of yourself had done something horrible before you woke up.

What was it? Did you feel responsible? Are you responsible for what you did before you entered the jump? Did you try to make amends? If you were in similar circumstances, would you have done the same thing?
>>
>>47051394
"If you can keep her alive, The Ruinous Powers will be so shocked they will all finally stop thinking of her as an amusing toy and actually start treating her like any other worshipper." It's stated right there, anon. Then again, it's your chain man, do what you want.
>>
>>47051327
The only obvious answer is that the Roaches are magic.
>>
>>47051483
Yes if you can keep her alive, it doesn't say how. That being said it really doesn't matter, anybody who broke the Deadlight is probobly a late game jumper who can dust Orikan faster than the Chaos gods could blink and much faster than Cultist Chan could get herself killed.

Or if you want to be more reasonable you could gather a disgusting amount of luck perks that would act as plot armor for the stupid little losing condition, the Chaos gods would be pretty shocked to see fate it's self preventing her from dying (cough scarlet destiny cough).
>>
>>47051550
Use the first clone from the Teen Titans cloning perk as her body guard while you fight Orikan.
>>
>>47051472
Well, this one time in deadman wonderland I took the wretched egg. Spent a lot of time arguing with my reflection.

Of course if its based on canon, then there never was a split personality. It was already there.
>>
>>47051631
Wait, what.
>>
File: Dinotopia v0.5 WIP.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Dinotopia v0.5 WIP.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47049448

Hello All! Jane Doe here, posting the WIP of Dinotopia, looking for commentary and suggestions.
>>
>>47050357
That's what the hourai elixer is for.
>>
>>47050603

thanks jumpanon
>>
>>47051765
Could we get a 0CP drawback to start way back in 1850 when the original books were set? I've got an affection for that period in Dinotopian history.
>>
>>47051808
Excuse me, 1870. 1850 was win Will was born, not when he arrived in Dinotopia. Silly me.
>>
>>47051111
Lineal ancestors are your direct ancestors - parents, grandparents, and so on. If one of them is killed off, then you'll be retconned out of existence. However, if you're a distant enough descendant (if you want an exact number I can come up with one, but I'd prefer not to), then instead you'll be retconned into having different parents. Even if your entire species was rendered extinct (e.g., the Reptites wipe out humanity), if it's long enough ago, you'll come into being as a member of the dominant species.

I suppose wiping out all sapient life on the planet would also retcon you out of existence, but that falls under the "if there's any way to keep you around" clause.
>>
>>47051765
I've always been really surprised I never stumbled onto the setting asa kid considering how dinosaur obsessed I was.
>>
>>47051846

I have a question about the Chrono Trigger and Avatar the Last Airbender jump.

Let's say you get the Master's Scrolls from ATLA, adn then go to Chrono Trigger

Would it be possible to let people from one time period borrow then so they and their descendants can get bending, and then recollect them later on, or would they not last that long?
>>
>>47051765
Content looks like a good start. Though the formatting could maybe take another go. Perhaps space things out a bit more? It feels really cramped at the moment.

I like what I see, though.
>>
File: dinobike.gif (634 KB, 426x320) Image search: [Google]
dinobike.gif
634 KB, 426x320
>>47051765
>Dinotopia

IIIIIII NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>47051944
I'm going to say they probably would last that long, because they're magically created via Jump-Chan Fiat, and because I think the idea is really creative.
>>
>>47051765
Do sunstones glow with actually give off sunlight? You know, for things like vampires, Kryptonians, and sunburns.
>>
>>47051808
>>47051827

Will Denison, right? Knew I was forgetting something. Into the next edition it goes!

>>47051947
I'll play around with extra lines and such.

>>47051954
IIIIII MAAAAAAAAAAKE IIIIIIIIIIIT
>>
>>47051472
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cLkrveDzt4
>>
>>47051987
That is actually a very good question. Marion runs around with one under her blouse for about two thirds of the show, so I doubt it will actually cause sunburns.

How's something along the lines of "it can repel creatures of the dark or that have a known aversion to sunlight, but doesn't actually harm them any more than a force field would."?
>>
>>47051765
>I Hope You Choke On It!
That trick where it looks like you took off your thumb just got a lot more fun.
>>
>>47051987
If you need such things for such reasons you have obviously not sufficiently Praised The Sun! (Gross Incandescence)
>>
>>47052025
If I can figure out how to play got your nose, and actually get someone's nose, then my /jc/ journey will be a worthy one.
>>
>>47052053
>play got your nose
One jumper tried that and crit failed.

YOU KNOW WHO.
>>
>>47051974

Thanks. I mostly figured that well while there's only 10 years to prepare there's technically hundreds of years for everyone else, so why not find a way to try to help upgrade things in the hopes that it might make things easier to deal with in the future.

I also figure as long as I don't take the 600 cp drawback it probably won't make a major difference when it comes to Lavos's power, but might help everyone else.

The Master's Scrolls were one of the things that seemed like they would have the best chance of working, but well obviously i wasn't sure if they would last or not.
>>
>>47052053
Ope Ope Fruit, from One Piece. It lets you create a zone of altered space within which you have...well, a lot of powers. But one of the most commonly used ones is the ability to harmlessly sever or join anything within it, at will. So just create an Operating Room around your target and grab their nose.
>>
>>47052124
>Ope Ope Fruit
Sounds kinda. . . OP
>>
File: clapping.gif (490 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
clapping.gif
490 KB, 500x386
>>47052089
You're my hero, Anon. That was beautiful.
>>
Question for the Homeworld jump, about how tough would the Light of Terra be in it? Also, this Beast thing, is there any way to repel or resist it?
>>
File: 1234322755478.jpg (202 KB, 684x435) Image search: [Google]
1234322755478.jpg
202 KB, 684x435
>>47052350
>about how tough would the Light of Terra be in it?
I don't think there's a space setting where the Light of Terra isn't op. The Dreadnought Sajuuk is probably the only thing that would give the LoT a bit of trouble, and thats what your Mars Pattern Nova Cannon is for.

>Also, this Beast thing, is there any way to repel or resist it?

Nanotechnology son.
>>
>>47052124
On the subject of one piece how hard would it be to join the Straw Hats as a Drop-In with the Plot Bound drawback?
>>
>>47052467
Would the Light of Terra be able to destroy Starkiller Base from SW7 with base armaments? If not what upgrades would be needed?
>>
>>47050248
I gotta say I don't understand the logic behind this change. We already have jumps like Touhou and YYH that give you planetbusting potential. Hell, YYH gives it to you for free. Why is SMT doing it suddenly bad?
>>
>>47052824
Not very. They're pretty friendly people. They pretty regularly pick up temporary crew who only leave because they have other responsibilities to handle, a Drop In could stay on as long as they wanted.
>>
>>47052900
A crusading anon.
>>
>>47052900
The Touhou powers are pretty powerful but how are they planet busting? Even U.N. Owen Was You would require you to be ridiculously strong before you could destroy the "eye" of a planet.
>>
>>47052944
Have you ever heard of nuclear fusion, Anon?
>>
>>47052884
Probably not. I mean doesn't Starkiller base have a global shield? Isn't it powered by stars?

There is nothing in my mind that could destroy it aside from some sort of matter catalyst like the MD from Enders game
>>
>>47052976
Wouldn't you kill yourself with that power? I mean it is not like you get the temperature shield that you get with the similar worm power.
>>
>>47052976
The thing is everyone uses publicly accepted Super Laser Tag and death really only happens if you take some sort of darker secondary canob. Jump's content aside.

>>47052900
Because SMT powerlevels are too confusing for people and that apparently its weird that God gets gatted down by a guy Straight Outta Tokyo, crazy motherfucker named Ice Cube.

Really its a mix of miscommunication from other jumpmakers and varying writers between games.

Like seriously compare Devil Survivor with Devil Survivor 2 or even SMT4 with Final/Apocalypse. There's obviously a writer/overall staff change so the tone and the contents get changed immensely
>>
>>47053059
I don't see where it says you don't get the shield.
>>
>>47053059
Safety First from Cardcaptors. Seriously, what sane person doesn't take that.
>>
>>47053101
Where does it say you do?
>>
>>47052884
It may be able to, depending on the shield because for one thing there isn't enough firepower on starkiller base that could be aimed at the LoT to take it down. So the LoT could just sit in orbit bombarding the planet into rubble. Though if the shield is up to the same level as the star sucking system or the main gun then it could likely withstand the LoT's bombardments indefinitely, unless it has the Jovian Pattern Nova Cannon, or a few of the companion options for upgrade.
>>
>>47052900
>YYH planet busters
Because Manyfist is a hack and doesn't know the series so he lies about power levels.
>>
>>47051516
What if the Roaches were created by jumpers. What if they are all part of a hive mind and the hive mind is a jumper. At this point I think it would make about as much sense as anything else.
>>
>>47053106
Doesn't that only affect magic?
>>
>>47053095
The thing is, those rules only apply in the jumps setting. When you leave, you're still armed with the ability to create miniature suns and no longer need to hold back.

>>47053128
Anon, don't play that game with me. Provide me with an quote saying you don't get temperature shielding.
>>
>>47053176
>Simply reaching the upper limits of your power with magic alone, without using more energy or matter to support the process of nuclear fission and fusion process will be close to impossible.
>with magic
Though I can concede that the additional energy or matter make it a gray area.
>>
>>47053156
To be fair, they said in the show that Yusuke is a planet buster after he beat Sensui. Anime says a lot of things. Since this isn't DBZ or a space traveling anime it would have been hard for him to test that out without ending the show.
>>
>>47053297
That guy just wants to be salty at someone, no need to engage.
>>
Out of curiosity, does Ancient Bank Account from Futurama do anything post Jump.
>>
>>47053297
Not quite. Sensui is the one who claims his power can destroy the planet and never does anything to back it up, nor does Yusuke.
>>
>>47053331
Nothing I can see to suggest it carries over, so I'd say it's jump exclusive. Given it's dependent on a banking system and company surviving for 1,000 years.
>>
Would it be correct to assume that the Compounded Computation power from Worm works as described in Interlude 20 or does it just enhance your intelligence based on your problem?
>>
>>47053386
Just go back and watch the series, it's like the episode after that arc, Yusuke goes to see Genkai to ask her what he is supposed to do now and she is the one who mentions he could destroy the planet if he wanted to.
>>
>>47053386
Honestly, that's one of my biggest peeves with YYH.

The characters are said to have astronomical levels of power, and yet the mangaka avoids demonstrating most of it by having it take place on the Demon Realm, which apparently runs on a separate physics engine meaning he gets to tone down the fight scenes.

I know it keeps shit easy for him, but the claims and the actual scenes just don't line up.
>>
>>47053523
Dunno about the anime, but the original manga just says that if he wanted to destroy the world, she couldn't stop him, never explicitly "you can now destroy planets' just 'I couldn't stop you if you wanted to'. It's pretty easy to read that as both her saying she's just nowhere near his power and also that 'destroying' simply means wiping out all life, something that IS consistent with Yusuke's feats up until that point, whereas planet busting is hilariously far beyond anything he or his opponents showed until then.
>>
>>47053386
http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/8-character-profiles/2283-character-profile-yusuke-urameshi

I find the OBD is good for this once again. It discounts that silly planet destroying claim but gives you some good levels of where he really is at, which is still super strong.
>>
>>47053739
>Lost to Frieza and Goku
No shit. Seriously, who thought that would be a fair fight?
>>
>>47053830
People who accepted the planet busting claims and also didn't have a good idea on the scaling that DBZ works by. I think Sensui's page talks a bit about how most people find Sensui's power level bragging to be hyperbole.

Either way, it's a dumb match because even with planet busting power, both Frieza and Goku are well above.
>>
I just roll a Heir of Rage on Sburb, does that mean Khorne actually likes me???? What does that even do, becoming a berserk???
>>
>>47054328
I have some ideas.

You're protected by, inherit, and become negative emotions, rage, and madness. This could easily mean you become the Hulk, but it could also take the shape of being a schemer that shrugs off mind control because they can't reach you through the cloud of hate, all for the revenge you so desperately crave.

Inheriting it also means you're either angry for or against your family, probably.
>>
>>47054460
Oh bless, some people who actually know Sburb. My brain dribbled out my eyes when I tried to read the wiki.

What about being a Maid or Mage of Hope?
>>
File: The New Me.jpg (323 KB, 1048x1134) Image search: [Google]
The New Me.jpg
323 KB, 1048x1134
>>47054460
That is one funny way of resisting mind control by being protected by madness...
>>
File: 1453417451540.jpg (835 KB, 986x1000) Image search: [Google]
1453417451540.jpg
835 KB, 986x1000
>>47054328
>Trying to make sense of Homostuck
>>
What about a Witch of Hope or Doom?
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 300x168
So, what did you wish for jumpers?
>>
>>47054702
For the Incubators to have emotions capable of powering magic so that they could harvest themselves instead of innocent worlds. If you want to preserve reality against entropy, you should have to pay the price.
>>
>>47054702
I didn't. Contracted with the Benefactor. Art thou frustrated, pale rodent?
>>
File: DJH9ps4.png (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
DJH9ps4.png
85 KB, 500x500
>>47054728
>>47054717
>>
>>47054754
Prove it.
>>
>>47054702
Didn't take the jump, don't see any reason to.
>>
>>47054754
Actually, it is. One of the options in the Madoka jump lets you have the Benefactor as your contractor, though magic costs twice as much, but no risk of going witch.
So I ask again: Art thou frustrated, pale rodent?
>>
>>47054702
To be able to take Mami Tomoe in her prime along with me as a Companion.
>>
File: 1336683284883.jpg (344 KB, 1250x883) Image search: [Google]
1336683284883.jpg
344 KB, 1250x883
>>47054812
I like you
>>
>>47054847
NO! She is not for lewd.
>>
File: tumblr_m1eaemlzM31qcgnxeo1_500.jpg (121 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m1eaemlzM31qcgnxeo1_500.jpg
121 KB, 500x351
>>47054864
Hey, relax
You don't need to loose your head over it
>>
File: 98jzz.png (137 KB, 497x493) Image search: [Google]
98jzz.png
137 KB, 497x493
>>47054702
For my wish to be granted.
>>
>>47054904
To this day, I will never understand why no one has made a Charlotte's Web joke.
>>
File: Mana Sue.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mana Sue.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>47054702
To skip your poor overmilked franchise in favor of vanilla magical girls
I'm fully aware of the hipocracy of posting Precure
>>
>>47054812

Huh, thought I was one of the only ones who wanted to save or otherwise bring Mami along as a companion. She was originally the only one I wanted to save from that Jump.

Nice to know there are a few others out there who think along the same lines.
>>
>>47054983
Wow, look at all the people she just 'saved' from that monster.
>>
>>47055000
I appreciate her resolve to be a valiant and resolute Magical Girl, even though she was forced into it at risk of death. I thought she deserved better than she got.
>>
>>47055049
Anon its a children's magical girl show, not Zack Snyder.

Not to mention its already fucked to begin with so everyone's probably evacuated after... i think that's the final stretch of Doki so i guess an episode or two beforehand
>>
>>47054728
What exactly is wrong with the pale rodent? I am not a fan of the series and really know what is so evil about it.
>>
File: glasses_sayaka.jpg (132 KB, 700x583) Image search: [Google]
glasses_sayaka.jpg
132 KB, 700x583
>>47055000
>>47055061

Is that your final answer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbzoJ98LeiA
>>
Hello /jc/ jump author here. It's been awhile since I've strolled through and it's been a trip down memory lane. While looking through the drive and admiring some of my old works, I perused others as well and have a question.

Setting aside immense combos or settings themselves, what jumps are your favorite in terms of structure? Which ones do you feel are made well or at least interestingly? For me, it's very hard to pick but some jumped out at me in my current reading.

>Joke Jumps
Honest to god, I think Salt, Parable and MLG are amazing. Both Salt and Parable have a lot of effort put into them and MLG is just so delightfully retarded. It's almost a shame they're kind of kept in a corner but I understand the necessity.

>Captain Planet
Honestly has no right to be as good as it is, thematically and mechanically. I sort of ignored it back when it was made but it really is quite good.

>Tropico
Mechnically the imaged jump I enjoy the most. Maybe it's due to the nature of the setting or situation but it really sets itself apart.

Sure, there's always the greats and the settings we love but the examples above I guess are just things that unexpectedly hit me. So hidden gems? Guilty pleasures?
>>
>>47054529
Eh, I only read Homestuck up until Trickster mode started becoming a thing, and haven't touched it since. Hope wasn't really explained thoroughly before that. If we're just coming up with ideas I'm fine, but I'm not an expert or authority or anything. Most things aren't explained thoroughly, actually. I'll wiki-dive for you guys, though. And you really should look at what the jump says.

Anyway, wiki theory is that Hope players seem to have magical white light powers and the ability to believe things so hard they become true. The maid class basically keeps things on track and serves their aspect, and can bless others with it.

>One who is made of their Aspect, and provides it to others.
>Related to Belief, Holiness, and Angels

Maybe the Maid of Hope uses belief to keep people going, and is kept going by it, and aren't really offensively oriented in how they do it. I'd imagine using white light as a shield, like how the Maid of Time froze an angry green-sun empowered Jack Noir in place, and stopping despair from overtaking everyone in the rough moments, like how the Maid of Life could revive the dead, but they're filled with Hope instead. But, they're also likely to stop someone from having a foolhardy hope, or believing in themselves too hard. Part of the maid's job seems to be to clean stuff up as well.

A Mage of Hope may know hopes, and see the hopes of others.
>One who uses knowledge of their aspect to benefit themselves.
This probably doesn't mean offensive powers, actually. It more likely means that you'll know the hopes and dreams of others and how to use those to manipulate them. You'll also probably get a lot of information from beings of belief or holiness, like angels. Though, whether that means you'll find it easy to trick information out of them or they'll tell you if you ask, I don't know.

None of the mages got flashy wizard powers, but they get a plot device tier role in the story as smart guys using their aspect.
>>
>>47055137
I always thought Tenchi's split was interesting, and its structure did a good job replicating the series, where pretty much anything you buy gets you involved in harem shenanigans.
>>
>>47055111
Its a cosmic horror with magical girl themes

You should watch it. That is unless you're an uncultured swine that can't get over the different visuals.

But long story short, he's the Devil in Faust.
>>
>>47055142
>a plot device tier role in the story as smart guys using their aspect.
Meaning?
>>
>>47055111
It's an evil alien that commits horrible crimes in the name of some nebulously-defined "save the universe from entropy by harvesting souls" plan, despite the fact that universal entropy won't even begin to be a problem for the next 10^16 years. The Incubators are either liars or have some form of cosmic ADHD that would make them unsuitable to save the world anyway.
>>
>>47055175
So what horrible things happen to the magical girls that he causes? Does he force them to fight or he'll kill them?
>>
>>47055184
Only a fool waits to solve a problem until it's looming in their face.
>>
Remind me, please, what do HSDW EX rank and Item Construction EX rank give you in Fate?
Compared to A+++ versions, I mean. Can't decide which to take at EX.
>>
>>47055163
That brings an interesting question. Is there really any other setting where a split like that could work? Is tenchi really the only one to have that sort of stark dichotomy of themes?
>>
>>47055111
It's a member of a hyper-advanced emotionless hivemind species that, in the interest of avoiding the heat death of the universe, convince little girls in vulnerable situations to give up their souls to become magical girls in exchange for resolving aforementioned situation, so that they'll break the laws of physics by creating energy ex nihilo when they inevitably transform into witches, which are insane reality warping monsters capable of destroying cities.

To keep the witch population down, they have to keep turning little girls into magic girls, in a never ending loop of suffering and destruction.
>>
>>47055197
We don't have to wait that long., We could wait literally a hundred trillion years and still be less than 1% of the way towards destruction. We have lots of time to find a solution that isn't "eat the souls of emotionally-damaged children".
>>
>>47055201
Nah I'm sure you could manage elsewhere.
>>
>>47055199
HSDW is just better magic compared to A+++. Item Creation lets you make NPs from E-A rank compared to just really great mystic codes and other magical items in lower ranks.
>>
>>47055223
Anon, if you keep waiting around for a better solution to your problems because you don't like the one you have, you'll never get anything done.
>>
>>47055223
Remember that the 10^26 figure is an estimate based on current scientific knowledge. We know next to nothing about dark matter which we think is causing the universe to expand which would have an effect on the amount of time before heat death occurs.
>>
>>47055236
Couldn't a jumper with their ridiculous reality bending tech build some perpetual energy machines that could solve this problem without any of this horribly unethical bullshit?
>>
>>47055236
I'm proposing getting things done. Said things being research and study to find a way to reproduce the entropy-breaking power of magic without needing to do evil. Because again, we have literally more than a million times longer than the universe has existed before this becomes a problem. And then, once we have that done, we spend the remaining trillions of years we have left fixing the problem.

>>47055254
You mean dark energy, dark matter is (potentially) holding the universe together. And the 10^16 years figure is based on the expansion accelerating, without it we've got a Big Crunch scenario and don't have to worry about entropy at all. We'll have to worry about an entirely different and extremely dangerous set of changing physical conditions.
>>
>>47055254
It's dark energy that is causing the expansion, not dark matter. Both named thus because we know fuck all about them. But dark energy is literally just the term for the force causing the expansion, there's no real information on it other than something has to be causing the expansion and we named it dark energy.
>>
>>47055163
You know in the vein of interesting mechanics, I thought that City of Heroes Jump's attempt at detailed backgrounds was kind of interesting. Bloated and a bit complicated but kind of interesting.
>>
>>47055230
Well, I kind of get that EX rank is better magic than A+++, it's kind of obvious.
What I meant was: Does it's 'quality"change - does it allow you to do a lot of things someone with A+++ magic EXPLICITLY CAN'T DO AT ALL or does it increase 'quantity' - just making your magic 'faster' and raising efficiency of mana spending?

So, at A+++ Item Construction you make Mystic Codes and at EX you make Condensed Conseptual Bullshit, right?
>>
>>47055304
>>47055312

The point is, we don't know how the fuck the universe is going to end, so writers have free reign with it in science fiction.
>>
>>47055178
Mythological Roles aren't just powersets, they're the role you play in the creation story you're taking part in. Mages are more like prophets who have a deep understanding of things and powers that show that.

Our example Mages are the Mage of Doom and the Mage of Heart. The Mage of Doom could hear the dead and they told him about the end of the world that was coming, and he was the guy that built the troll version of SBURB from instructions he and the Maid of Time got from ancient ruins. He also stopped a few more disasters from happening, but Sollux suffers a lot along the way. He understands doom intimately and does his best to avoid it. He's the whole reason the session happened at all.

The Mage of Heart shipped her session into happy relationships, and understood people enough to find their "soulmates". She could also hear the soul of the one she loves, apparently. She was a romantic plot device.
>>
>>47055330
It makes you more skilled at magic and know more magic, in the HSDW system of magic. There are no special qualities to it beyond making you one of the best practitioners in the series. That's all, it's just a skill Skill, doesn't change the 'quality' or 'quantity' beyond what would be changed by just getting really, really, really good.

So yes, you probably cast faster, use less magic and are using stronger spells, but that's not an inherent quality, just you knowing how to use the HSDW magic to it's fullest.

Yes, that's how they work.
>>
>>47055345
And my point is that while we don't know how the universe is going to end, we know that it's not going to end from entropy any time soon. There are lots of very rapid ways the universe could be destroyed. Entropy, by its very nature, is not one of them.
>>
>>47055386
Thanks.
>>
>>47055391
*According to current scientific consensus based on assumptions and negating the possibility of other factors that might consume energy faster than we would expect.
>>
>>47055423
Nope. Even with such factors, we'd still have trillions of years, minimum. The Incubators are just impatient.
>>
>>47055391
Check this out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_aOIA-vyBo
>>
>>47055386
Not that anon, but could you theoretically mimic the affects of HSDW by practicing for a fuckhuge amount of time, coupled with something like Softcap?
Like say, 1000 years or so? Or more?
>>
>>47054328
>grab random classpect quiz because fuck it
>result is Page of Space
>"one who slowly grows Space within in order to lead others."
mmmmkay
>>
>>47055346
Oh also, somewhere there's a Dersite or Prospitian yelling at you to do stuff, and Mages and Seers can actually hear them, as opposed to just receiving subtle cues about what to do.
>>
>>47055346
That sounds like a pretty terrible and worthless archetype then.
>>
>>47055386
Hey, Val. Question: Does having a Magic Core affects HSDW?
>>
>>47055511
Nope. Practice does jackshit to increase amount and strength of circuits.
>>
>>47055511
No, because HSDW is quite literally a different magical system and one that no longer exists in any of the Nasuverse jumps. It's also the sort of thing that you need to be born in the right era to learn (The Age of Gods) and can't just have your Caster Servant teach you. If you had HSDW E rank and practised for decades to centuries or more (Depending of course on your build, could be longer, shorter etc)? Then yeah, you could get to the higher ranks in time. But you do need at least one rank in it to practice.

>>47055532
It'll increase the amount of Mana you can hold at once, but HSDW users can just rely on external mana so the regen function isn't really that useful.

>>47055551
HSDW is just skill, not power. How powerful your HSDW is is governed by your skill and how much energy you have to use with it (Mana stat and any Magic Circuits/Cores you have)
>>
>>47055530
... I need to ask, it's going to bite at me until I do.

Do you also hate Eniripsa.
>>
>>47055522
And your Carapacian is going to yell at you a LOT. Those guys never shut up unless they're distracted with their obsessions. And even then they might start yammering at you about how you should introduce democracy to the turtle-people or destroy all the temples you can find or something equally inane.
>>
>>47055551
Oh, I thought it was just skill–

>>47055565
Ah, that makes sense. At least E-Rank it is. Probably more. Thanks Val.
>>
>>47055512
>decide to do the same after reading this
>result is Page of Breath
>"one who slowly grows Breath within in order to lead others."
.............. Is this rigged?
>>
File: Mount-Stupid.gif (32 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
Mount-Stupid.gif
32 KB, 500x664
>>47055456
It's a here to unknown variable. To assert that it is absolutely impossible that the universe will end tomorrow with no evidence for or against is unemperical.

It's incredibly unlikely but nothing that we know about the universe precludes such a factor. It's a hypothesis until you can come up with an experiment to disprove it at best.
>>
>>47055574
I thought I was complaining about your only power being able to understand a concept (meaning you just hook people up or be a silly death prophet as examples) which is largely useless, not about healing or anything. That's completely different.

Though yes it's me.
>>
>>47055656
Ah see, i was going off of it being more of a support class - Mages see shit and inform others instead of anything really HUGE as it were.
>>
>>47055650
That tomato one is him being asinine. Kinda why I avoid the guy really.
>>
>>47055142
If you're still around, other than the psychometry stuff any ideas for what a Page of Void could do hypothetically?
>>
>>47055671
Yeah but that's not a very great skill, is it. "The world is going to end." is always an empirical truth. "She loves you!" is mundanely useful but not something I'd want to waste my role in the creation of the universe on.
>>
>>47055565
> yeah, you could get to the higher ranks in time. But you do need at least one rank in it to practice.
Is that true for all "learnable" skills? (Like the various martial arts, Eye of Mind (True), Riding, etc)
>>
>>47055693
Depends on the Skill and some are to varying extents. I'll do a quick list of which ones are and aren't and to what extents, post it in a few minutes.
>>
>>47055650
Or maybe we could just once not buy into Urobuchi's bullshit. I'm sick of his "even if you win, you're just dooming the world" plot twists. So yeah, maybe I'm making a big assumption. But I'm fine with being wrong. Because even if I am, I'll still have fucked up his attempt to guilt trip me into letting the villains win.
>>
>>47055754
It's his world, he gets to decide that anon.
>>
>>47055754
>I'm willing to run the risk of being completely wrong, completely ignore how things works in canon and making huge assumptions about variable beyond my control b-b-but at least I stuck to my ideals guys!

Fuck off Harlock.
>>
File: Did nothing wrong.png (150 KB, 388x280) Image search: [Google]
Did nothing wrong.png
150 KB, 388x280
>>47055754
>Letting the Villains win.

But Homura won.
>>
>>47055768
Only the ideal of "hack writers deserve to see their work burn". Either I win or I destroy a universe that doesn't deserve to exist. Either way, good ending. This is an act of spite, not moral uprightness.
>>
>>47055808
Which is exactly why I compared you to Captain Harlock.
>>
>>47055845
I get that. I'm saying that Harlock is a better person than I am.
>>
>>47055530
And yet, without the Mage of Doom, the session would never have taken off at all.

>>47055690
"The world is going to end soon, here's how you survive" is a more accurate description of what the voices of the dead told him. A Mage of Hope could see "Here's what people believe will happen, and here's how to stop it" from angels, or something like that.

Mage of Heart is bullshit, though. Heart characters seem to be Hussey mocking shippers more than people who actually do anything with souls. Though, at it's core it's about understanding the motivations, feelings, drives, and desires of others. That doesn't really seem your style, but I wouldn't call it useless if you're doing a social build or just trying to make people happy in your chain. Or even make people miserable in your chain by setting them up for disaster.

>>47054615
Witches are powerful manipulators of their Aspect. Witches of Hope could probably blast motherfuckers with white light and gather hordes of followers that believe in them. Hope is noted to be one of the more powerful aspects. Witches of Doom would more likely hex others with poor luck, and gain power through sacrificing things that are important to them. Doom players are often forced to give something up to get what they want.

>>47055677
No fucking clue. Pages grow stronger than any other class, but are otherwise not really defined, and Void players are masters of obscured things and nothingness.
>>
>>47055693
http://pastebin.com/PE29fyvH

Sorry it took so long.
>>
>>47055963
So it's a budget PTV. Still definitely something I'd avoid with a ten foot poll, I never liked the idea of having a power that told me what to do. Real removal of agency.
>>
>>47056062
Yeah, I said it was plot device tier. I'm avoiding it too, and shunting the role onto a companion that would actually enjoy that sort of thing.

What sort of power are you looking for?
>>
>>47056081
I like to be active. It doesn't have to be blasty, but blasty is definitely one workable way it can go. Someone who is in the lead and gets things done, rather than who stands on the sidelines as support (a role I'm kinda infamous for hating here, it seems, though it's been a while since anyone said anything about me as Eniripsa anon before today.)
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.