[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: tumblr_m7wkvoj8Te1qfg9xxo4_250.gif (937 KB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7wkvoj8Te1qfg9xxo4_250.gif
937 KB, 245x180
Pathfinder General - /pfg/

Singalong Adventure edition
What are the lyrics to your current character's musical solo?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:
>http://pastebin.com/5F8RNubX

Previous thread: >>47033035
>>
>>47045977
im a wildshaping druid so pretty much this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5FmC35GIOk
>>
How do you guys prefer to word your character bios for GMs you dont know?

Do you give something in prose form or just give a plain no nonsense description?
>>
>>47046083
I work the background in prose.
I'm the kind of guy who gets asked for a paragraph of information and end up writing a five page epic retelling.

Then I give a no nonsense bio of appearance and personality and major character points.
>>
>>47046083
I prefer to keep it no-nonsense out of concern for the DM's time, even though I like to write.
>what my character is
>maybe an easymode comparison to the most similar fantasy character archetype and where it diverges
>where I plan to go with it
>what he/she adventures for
>>
>>47046129
Guy you're replying to here, I also prefer prose but I'm a little insecure since my writing skills cant quite measure up to the picture I'm trying to paint.

Theres always this lingering fear where I end up receiving a half mocking reply from whoever GM who's game I'm trying to apply to which makes me hesitate and consider going for boring but easy to word plain descriptions.
>>
>>47046262
I do a lot of writing and feel more confident about my material, but I understand that. I would probably tone it down for an online game or for a game with someone I'm less familiar running it. If it's just my friends, though, I give it with both barrels.
>>
What's an undead creature created from sorrow, sadness, or suicide that isn't an attic whisperer?
>>
>>47046338
Allips, iirc. They are low CR monsters that feed on wisdom.
>>
>>47045977
>Osirioni Cleric
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv3h57S3Rhw

With backing vocals provided by Ghost Sound.
>>
Does relativity burst avoid attacks or does it just grant movement after you get hit?
>>
>>47045977
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQe9eK_4U0U
This would probably be my android cryptic.
>>
>>47045977
Okay /pfg/, riddle me this:
Have you ever reflavored Psionics, either to convince a DM to let you use it, or put a spin on your own setting?
>>
>>47046893
Yes I have, in my setting it's now ki magic.
>>
>>47046893
I refluffed all the DSP stuff as alchemy based, with people mutating themselves to use it

all the ectoplasm and other metacreative stuff is flubber or something
>>
Moar Elsbeth lewds!
>>
File: 1459915674480.jpg (309 KB, 933x1352) Image search: [Google]
1459915674480.jpg
309 KB, 933x1352
Say, if I where a Spirit Whisperer Wizard, would I be able to take the Extra Hex feat?
>>
>>47046893
In my homegame setting, psionics is the domain of the fey. All psionic characters have some degree of implied fey ancestry, which is good or bad depending on whether you live in an area still under fey control.

Psychic magic is the bastardized version invented in the free human kingdoms, since the arcane magic of the old human empire is widely suppressed under the fey courts' rule, and divine magic is scarce in a world the gods have forsaken.
>>
So what are the list of buffs that are good for extend? I am going to be playing a high level wizard with a lot of access to crafting (has every crafting feat).

So I have an enormous magic item budget and would like to keep long buffs going.

First I'm going to planar bind, dimensionally lock, and dominate monster 6 succubi for a +2 profane bonus to every stat.
Extended mindblank
Ring of continuation for constant Shapechange
Extended Endure Elements because why not.
Extended Maximized Empowered Greater False Life
Extended Resist/Protection From Energy (because of increased caster level these last 7 hours each)
Extended Overland Flight
Extended Ecolocation
Extended Planar Adpatation
Extended Pass Without Trace
Extended Countless Eyes
Extended Delay Pain
Extended Contingency Animate Dead Juju Zombie
Extended Misdirection
Extended Greater Magic Aura on all belongings
Permanacy'd Greater Arcane Sight
Extended Nondetection
Extended Hunter's Lore
Extended Greater False Vision
Extended Moment of Prescience
Extended Protection from Arrows

What am I missing?
>>
File: 1283382155295.jpg (104 KB, 459x688) Image search: [Google]
1283382155295.jpg
104 KB, 459x688
>Character has AC in the 40s by level 10
God it feels good to be a certified geographic-outcropping temperature negro.
>>
>>47046893
Psionics and Ki are natural human body processes and are treated as EX abilities.

The supernatural disciplines are now refluffed as Ki use.
>>
>>47047358
For defense it generally goes:
Fort = Will > HP > Reflex > Touch AC > AC

AC is in the back on the defenses train, but still important. You shouldn't neglect your saves.
>>
>>47047373
Ki is a Su class feature.
>>
File: 1461868945444.png (153 KB, 987x647) Image search: [Google]
1461868945444.png
153 KB, 987x647
>>47047059
>>
>>47047403
And in my setting, Ki is an Ex ability.
>>
>>47047380
You forgot miss chance.
>>
>>47047471
I never count miss chance anymore because it's easy to counter. Too much of a binary system.
>>
>>47046893
In my setting, all magic, psionic and to some degree, martial power is stemmed from the 'Voice'. The Voice is said to be the tiny echo of creation that every living creature capable of thought contains within them and it is this fragment of creation that allows a creature to impose their will upon the world.

Psionics, also known as Harmonics, are the more direct method of drawing upon this power, while magic uses it as a focus for other energies and martial uses it as a bolster for their physical prowess.

It is a bit more complicated that that though, as other creatures with Voices have been discovered in the form of horrific, vaguely humanoid mutant animals that are insane and aggressive. Oddly, outsiders like demons and angels have no such Voice and reportedly neither do the occasional creature to wash up in the world like flotsam on the planar currents. In addition, those creatures that defy mortal understanding, the ones hailing from outside the sane reaches of the universe possess something very similar to a Voice, which leads many to wonder if the old tales are truly correct.
>>
>>47047380
Well my Will/Reflex are decent and my Fort isn't too bad.
Touch AC is a-okay.
HP is delicate but I'm grabbing some temp HP items to cover it.
>>
File: 1457406100822.png (65 KB, 171x278) Image search: [Google]
1457406100822.png
65 KB, 171x278
>>47046076
>Being a druid when Lunar Oracle is a thing.
>>
>>47047306
Anyone?
>>
>>47047358
How's that Will save?

If you neglected it, enjoy being mind controlled while you fuck the rest of your party to death.
>>
I'm interested in trying a wildshape druid for the iron gods campaign which I heard was construct heavy.

Is there anything I can do with pouncy claws that help them defeat hardness?
>>
File: When they're wrong.png (23 KB, 277x314) Image search: [Google]
When they're wrong.png
23 KB, 277x314
>>47047817
>Not wanting access to your entire spell list
>>
>>47047817
Lunar Oracles dont get natural spell and only the most indulgent of GMs will let you cast while being wildshaped if you pull the "b-but my dweomer cat can cast SLAs" card.
>>
>>47047854
I can't be bothered to find it at the moment, but I believe there is some way to make your natural weapons act as adamantine for the purposes of bypassing DR. I don't know whether or not it would do the same for hardness though. Sorry I can't be a bit more helpful, but at least I can try to point you in the right direction
>>
>>47047854
You'd be fucking yourself, seeing as wildshape tends to favor multiple small bits of damage, you'd have trouble overcoming Hardness.
>>
>>47047898
+5 Amulet of Mighty Fists BEATS adamantine DR, but not hardness. I don't think there is anything that counts as adamantine for beating hardness that natural weapon users can benefit from.

>>47047923
Behemoth Hippo wildshape + Vital Strike for big nasty single hits.
>>
>>47047923
>>47047944
>Hardness rules
Now that I think about it, how exactly do you deal with something with 20 hardness when the usual tricks like smite, clustered shot, pummeling style and even +4 weapons dont work.

Is this one of those campaigns where having a lancer cavalier as the martial the optional choice?
>>
>>47048087
Power attack.
>>
>>47048087
I'm told Str-based folks with Adamantine weapons wreck shit in IG. A Goliath Druid with a big ass adamantine warhammer or whatever would probably do just fine for himself.
>>
>>47047090
Bumperino this questionino

Also, a funfact for everyone, did you know a Shaman's Spirit Magic technically doesn't stack with level, but rather with spell level, so you can still get get its full benefit if you go into a PrC
>>
>>47047944
Try to get away with Behemoth Hippo wildshaping early on in that game.

You will find plenty of methods in lategame, the problem only occurs early on.
>>
>>47048436
Are we talking mcguffins that temporarily allow you to ignore DR or special weapons?

I may as well build around it.
>>
Are clerics dedicated to a cause a thing in Pathfinder? I want to be a cleric of the Laws of Man. Followup up: if so, what domains would be good for said cleric? Both for roleplaying and optimization reasons.
>>
>>47048436
Well, a Druid can't even get Vital Strike until level 6. So you're pretty much left playing spellcaster before that.

A Druid of Torag can totally go Blessed Hammer and pretend to be a Magus, if they want. Not so sure it's a good plan for IG, but it's doable. Works great with Goliath Druid, too.
>>
>>47048462
The Laws of Man?
>>
>>47048476
It's worse than that. Druids can't get Vital Strike until level 8. 3/4 BAB yo.
>>
>>47048500
Derp. I've built like six characters with 3/4 BAB in the past week, how did I forget this.

Still, there are some solid one-hit Wild Shapes that are reasonably impressive even without Vital Strike, and the Goliath Druid can use adamantine weapons to avoid the problem entirely.
>>
Where can I pirate curse of the crimson throne? It's not on the trove.
>>
Is a fear-based Rogue viable?
>>
>>47048490
Garund stuff.
>>47048566
Yes, shatter defences. Just find literally any way to apply fear statuses in the same round as you attack (there are multiple options for this).
>>
>>47048490
Fedora tippers.
>>
File: Rahadoum_symbol.jpg (83 KB, 624x819) Image search: [Google]
Rahadoum_symbol.jpg
83 KB, 624x819
>>47048462
>Domains
Community, Law, Protection

>Subdomains
Cooperation, Legislation, Loyalty, Purity, Solitude
>>
>>47048566
Unchained, sure. Grab a bludgeoning weapon and the Bludgeoner and Enforcer feats, and nonlethal your way to victory.
>>
>>47048543
YES IT IS.

WINK.
>>
>>47048627
>implying Golarion's pantheon is worthy of worship
>>
File: time for batman.jpg (185 KB, 1140x630) Image search: [Google]
time for batman.jpg
185 KB, 1140x630
>>47048566
>>47048576
There's the meme build concept of the month
or last month I guess
>>
>>47048627

More like Sarenrae fucked them in the ass so hard they decided the whole God thing is overrated.

Of course, this isn't something Paizo likes to talk about.
>>
>>47048566
Yes, Thug rogue, power attack+cornugon smash, and various Sap-based feats can make you scary. Scarier than the average rogue, at least.
>>
File: laughing jafar.gif (476 KB, 325x183) Image search: [Google]
laughing jafar.gif
476 KB, 325x183
>>47048657
>yfw Kalim Onaku was actually an Asura
>yfw he still has a point
>>
>>47048645

How could you improve Golarion's pantheon?

Like, if you were given the helm at designing a new pantheon for Golarion 2.0, what would you use as inspiration and what do you know you'd put in?
>>
>>47048645
>>47048657
You aren't wrong, but it still gets the basics across in two words, if none of the nuance.
>>
>>47048657

Shelyn is Neutral Good and based on love and beauty.

Sarenrae is Neutral Good and based on mercy and redemption.

Why doesn't Shelyn have terror cells and a history of ruining countries with over-eager missionaries?
>>
>>47048682
That's a bit of a heavy question and I'd need more time to answer it properly. For now, things I would definitely keep as-is:

>Gorum (a better Khorne than GW can write)
>Besmara (she's just so much fun)
>Alseta (portals are cool, also can easily pull fluff from Janus)

Things I'd keep with only minor changes:
>Apsu and Dahak
>Naderi
>Ydersius
>the Lantern King
>>
Alright gents, I'm about to buy some PDFs and I need one more $5 purchase to get a bonus. Any suggestions?
>>
I HAVE to play PFS. I don't have a choice in the matter. What's the most overpowered society build?
>>
>>47048803
1pp or 3pp?
>>
>>47048832
Archer paladin, just mindlessly smite rapidshot niggers to death without thinking.
>>
>>47048800

Shelyn should also be kept, at least in regards to being a goddess of love and beauty.
>>
>>47048852
I don't have any boons, for reference. At low levels ranged seems a tad low on the power scale. Level 1 as a human with point blank and precise shot and a 14 str mod that's 1d8+3. Even with smite that's low.
>>
>>47048887
>No risk
>Full attack every single round
>GM tells you the target isnt evil
>Apply smite bonuses anyways

Also why would you need boons to be a lvl 1 human paladin?
>>
>>47048725
Actual answer?
Because it's a feedback cycle: Sarenrae has a terror cell established because of the original bloodthirst of the crusaders who liked to call themselves good and didn't actually care about which god they worshipped, just choosing the one with creed that could be most easily interpreted to support fanatic violence.

Now that it's established, anyone else with similar inclinations doesn't need to set up their own: they just join Sarenrae.
>>
>>47048682

I would include a Sun god that's a clear mixture of Pelor and Gwyn, just so we can have Paladins with clear Solaire inspirations.

I'd also include a deity that is clearly built around the Lady of the Lake, being a goddess of chivalry, heroism and righteous authority.
>>
>>47048682
I'd be really sorely tempted to put in good Cthulhu mythos as opposed to the stuff Golarion has now. Otherwise I'm honestly not sure, I'd most likely just convert all my old characters into deities because they've got enough of an alignment spread for it to work and they're all batshit crazy.
>>
>>47048803
Would you want to buy something new or something you could use?
>>
>>47048935
>I'd also include a deity that is clearly built around the Lady of the Lake, being a goddess of chivalry, heroism and righteous authority

I'm actually really digging this, and not just because I'm a hopeless Bretonnian fanboy.
>>
>>47048682
Heck I'd just remove Golarion and use Nirn instead.
TES does a great job at mocking its own gods in lore.
>>
>>47048843
Both is fine, since what I'm currently about to get are the Divination Handbook and Skyship guide by DDS (the latter because I want to see if it's as shit as the rules in the Skyborne player guide book). My group trusts me to be the voice of knowledge when it comes to 3pp

>>47048990
Not sure to be honest
>>
>>47048576
Mien of Despair looks like it could be fun. Terrify barbarians out of their rage.
>>
>>47048904
Full attack at level 1 means 1 arrow at 1d8+3. That's low damage and lacking utility of any kind.
>>
>>47049151
You won't be level 1 forever, bruh.
Paladins get pretty good from level 2.
>>
>>47048725
There's a pretty good argument to be made that Sarenrae is still on a reactionary backswing too far into mercy after her last big Smite A Motherfucker nearly caused the apocalypse.

For those who forgot, or never knew, the Pit of Gormuz used to be the city of Gormuz, capital of the first post-Earthfall human empire, Ninshabur. Sarenrae had told her followers to stay the fuck away from the scar where Rovagug had been sealed up, but post-apocalypse humans were idiots and proceeded to get the command completely backwards and intentionally build around the scar.

This of course resulted in everyone going increasingly insane over the millenia due to Rovagug's influence, while Sarenrae kept sending omens of "hey hey guys stop settling there get the fuck away". All those messages were ignored. Eventually she threw up her hands and sent her herald to deliver the message in person, at which point the Gormuzians went full CE and raped and murdered him.

Sarenrae proceeded to snap and hit the city so hard it drilled a hole all the way to Rovagug's prison at the center of the planet. Which turned out to be Rovagug's plan the whole time, as the first Spawn of Rovagug had been sitting down there waiting for the signal and promptly burst out and trashed the rest of Ninshabur.

So you can kinda see why Sarenrae is a little wary of smiting her erstwhile worshippers on Golarion anymore.

tl;dr Sarenrae's Sodom and Gomorrah was a trap set by Rovagug that wiped out the first human empire as collateral.
>>
>>47049140
Well, if I might suggest something, maybe Sutra Magic? It looks like an interesting system, but there's no copy of the PDF in the trove to be certain. Although it's only $3, so it's just shy of what you'd want...
>>
>>47046893
A little while back, I ran a campaign set in Hyrule, and shifted all magic users to psionic casting since it felt more like the magic meter in the Zelda games, so I suppose that counts?
>>
>>47049180
Yeah but they don't have utility and the full attack is behind until level 5. I still don't think this would be the worst overpowered.
>>
>>47049151
>Looking for utility at level 1
I...uhh...why are you forced to play Pathfinder?

Also, why not look PAST the first level? Are you guys stuck there?
>>
>>47049213
>modern Zelda
>magic meter
o i am laffin
>>
>>47049233
Just be a wizard and have no sense of right and wrong.
>>
>>47049151
It's really not that much worse than all but the 18 Str Barbarian. And for the record, PFS lets you totally rebuild your character before you hit level 2. So go 18 Str facebeater paladin for level 1 and then swap to Archer at level 2 and give no fucks.

PSF is still garbage, though.
>>
>>47048462

I think clerics have to be of gods. Oracles and iirc paladins, no, but clerics have to have a patron deity. Personally, for me a "cleric" of a cause drawing power from their own belief is more likely to be a psychic or a psionic caster of some type.

Though the idea of being a "cleric" of a mistheist code does get some bonus points for originality, Rahadoum is very strongly set against any divine magic. That was mentioned in the lore of the iconic PF oracle.
>>
File: Extrb 13.jpg (70 KB, 597x885) Image search: [Google]
Extrb 13.jpg
70 KB, 597x885
>>47049233
You asked for a 'society build', but so far only full attack is relevant.

Paladins are probably the best mostly martial class in 1PP. Smite, detect evil, some spellcasting, divine grace and lay on hands are incredibly useful and flexible.

Full attack is an impossibly shit metric for how good a class is.
>>
File: Character-Sheet.jpg (176 KB, 826x639) Image search: [Google]
Character-Sheet.jpg
176 KB, 826x639
Anybody have a character sheet that works well for the beguiler conversion?
>>
>>47049242
>looking past the first level
You fucked up. Always remember: The session you play in could very well be your last. Never, EVER play anything that requires long term plans. Always play stuff that you can have fun with right out of the box.
>>
>>47049282
But anon, PFS is all about grinding levels.
>>
>>47049209
Do you have the book or publisher name? Having a hard time finding it.
>>
File: 1417318098257.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1417318098257.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>47049282
A paladin's concept is fun. Detect evil, heavy armor and smite is great.

I'm not talking about playing it for the capstone, I'm talking about fucking level two.
>>
>>47048462
There are no clerics of ideals in canon Golarion, no.

Also, that's kind of retarded as concepts go. The entire points of Rahadoum and the Laws of Man is to forswear divine magic. The Pure Legion's entire shtick (and that of their archetypes and PrC and all their magic items...) is rejecting and hunting down divine casters. If divine casters could exist within that structure, the entire nation and armed forces would need rewriting to fit the new paradigm.
>>
>>47049204

Sarenrae sure is hot-headed!
>>
>>47049282
>implying anything in PF is fun at level 1
Even initiators are kind of lame at first level. Rusty dagger shanktown, as a whole, is hard to enjoy at all.
>>
>>47049322
http://paizo.com/products/btpy8i54?Sutra-Magic
>>
>>47049395
That's why you exclusively play barbarians until [preferred level here] when they have a heroic sacrifice and you roll up the character you -really- want to play.
>>
>>47049420
Blugh. I'd rather just not play in Rusty Dagger Shanktown at all, given the option. I think my friends are starting to be of the same opinion, because every game we play that starts at level 1 fails pretty fucking quickly.
>>
>>47049346
So you're saying we need to get this hothead out of here?
>>
>considering trying my hand at GMing, another player comes to me and asks for advice for a theorycraft build
>they want to maximize CHA, shows me the basic concept and the base stat array
>20 CHA, passable physical and INT scores, 5 WIS
>do a double take to make sure that is indeed a 5 WIS
>character is a Rakshasa-blooded tiefling girl with nigh-nonexistant common sense, and worships whatever the setting's fertility deity is
>player asks whether a Paladin would work best, or if there's a better way to go about dumping all their resources into maxing and utilizing their CHA

I'm not sure what to even think about this, let alone how to advise them. Can a Paladin with nothing but ridiculous CHA actually work?
>>
>>47048725

Also, Shelyn is much less political. Sarenites pretty much have to get involved socially - taking care of the weak and the needy is part of their creed. The more involved they get in social struggles, the more likely they can be to join a fight. In addition to that, they are very strongly affiliated with the Keleshite Empire, so they are often seen as bringers of a foreign culture and belief system and opposed accordingly. Shelynites don't have this impulse. They do nice things on a personal basis.

BTW, am I the only one wondering if Sarenrae isn't quite close to lawful good? Sure, she is a lot more open-minded towards conversion, but mercy isn't really a non-lawful thing. On the other hand, she is very set towards honesty and punishing the irredeemable. It is very hard to square this image with, say, the happy-go-lucky CG rogue archetype. To me she is more like a more merciful and open LG deity than a straight NG one.
>>
>>47049204
And THEN Ulunat went to Osirion and got rekt by Azghaad-Nethys.

That was Ulunat that came out of the hole, right?
>>
>>47049442
That's why you start off at level 3-5.
>>
File: 1452811905479.jpg (86 KB, 903x578) Image search: [Google]
1452811905479.jpg
86 KB, 903x578
>>47049420
I dunno if you're joking or not.

Like, can anyone seriously powergame this hard? Just roleplay a damn character.
>>
>>47049494
Because rusty dagger shanktown is insufferable and literally the only class that works there is barbarian, because barbarians able to power through it/have -some- amusement capabilities in raging and charging around.

>powergame
How is having a planned arc for a character powergaming?
>>
So what is this Masquerade Reveler I keep hearing about and where can I find it?
>>
>>47049204
>Rovagug is a master ruselord

I dunno, this reeks of Sivanah.

"Guys, that's not actually your goddess' herald! It's a demon in disguise!"
>>
>>47049476
It was Ulunat, yeah. Although Nethys wasn't involved, and Azghaad only won by shoving Ulunat into a demiplane (Ulunat was Colossal++ and demigod-tier at the time due to having a direct line to Rovagug).
>>
>>47049398
Strange, I can't seem to find it on opengamingstore
>>
>>47049507
>How is having a planned arc for a character powergaming?

You call playing a barbarian strictly so you can contrive a death and play an entirely different character a -planned arc?-

Jeez, you must despise any games that aren't just dungeon crawlers with constant fights.
>>
>>47049577
Except most of Sothis is under Ulunat's shell, so how can it be in a demiplane? And the lore I remember said that Azghaad channeled the full power of Nethys through himself to do so.

Did Paizo retcon it?
>>
>>47049591
Oh, I get it now, you're baiting.
>>
>>47049592
>The stories from the beginning of the First Age of Osirion claim that Azghaad killed Ulunat—some even say that he achieved this feat with the divine help of Nethys—but the truth is that the Spawn of Rovagug are unkillable. After a lengthy and dangerous battle, Azghaad banished Ulunat to a pocket realm beneath the place where its bloated shell still stands. In this realm, under the oldest and largest settlement in Osirion, Ulunat sleeps.

>Before this ancient conflict, the great beast emerged from the Pit of Gormuz and thundered across Golarion. As Ulunat neared what is now Sothis, cultists of Rovagug channeling the power of raw chaos in a massive ritual— chanting cacophonous praises to the Rough Beast— opened a direct link between Ulunat and Rovagug. Empowered by this divine connection, Ulunat grew to an immense size and charged across the land, trampling everything in its path.

The CR 24 statblock is for modern, non-empowered Ulunat.
>Newly freed from its prison and without the direct connection to Rovagug it possessed thousands of years ago, the reborn Ulunat is not the same monstrosity that Azghaad defeated long ago. This beast is much smaller, closer to its original size when it crawled from the Pit of Gormuz. However though the creature may be smaller, Ulunat is still just as dangerous as it ever was.
>>
>>47049585
Ah, I thought you were getting it on Paizo.
>>
File: panic time.gif (1 MB, 516x465) Image search: [Google]
panic time.gif
1 MB, 516x465
>>47049631
>There is a folktale in Sothis that states that the beast is not dead: its conquerors only managed to put it into a deep sleep. One day it will awaken, and the 100,000 citizens of Sothis will be the world's first line of defense.

THEY WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
>>
>>47049644
Nah, I avoid using the Paizo site ever since I lost my taste for the Messageboards. And I asked for the $5 thing because I want to get a free pdf for spending a total of $20
>>
>>47049591
Honestly, no character below level 4 should have ANY kind of real solid backstory or characterization. At that point they're still a bad roll from dying in a single hit, have done EXACTLY NOTHING of note in their whole lives, and are still fighting shit like mook goblins and angry forest animals.

Before that point, you're not a skilled wizard, you're a fuckup apprentice who has only just started getting used to his spells that every shlub spellcaster in the land has been practicing. You're not a well-trained fighter, you're MAYBE city guard-tier, having mostly been dealing with drunkards and the occasional street fight.

Your M-MUH ROLEPLAYAN bait is stale and unimpressive. Kindly fuck off.

>>47049644
>spending money on Paizo's website
Don't do that, guy. They profit from it. They don't deserve a fucking cent of your money.
>>
>>47049151
I've played PFS. Got 1 character to 5 and like four of the halfway through level 3.

Utility at low levels isn't that important. And the stuff that is important is either rogue fuckery or face skills, and you should have good face skills.

However, as was mentioned, PFS allows you to rebuild completely before level 2. Since I hate level 1, this led to the creation of Bobarian. Human Barbarian 1, took Toughness and Extra Rage. FCB went to HP, dumped Int and Cha to 7 allowing for a 20 Str and 16 Con (can be flipped if you want). Had 19 HP at level 1 (21 if you go unchained and use their rage), with 13 rounds of rage.

I'd have to check legality, but another option for even more "Fuck you I'm not dying at level 1" would be to run a Fate's Favored Sacred Tattoo Half Orc. You lose Extra Rage, but you pick up +2 on all of your saves.
>>
>>47049613
I'm literally not.

You're only playing a barbarian for the mechanics. You have another character in mind and are basing your storyline entirely on mechanical justifications?

Why kill off [Barbarian name here], we could've survived?
>We hit level XX and I wanted to play a [Class name here]

>>47049681
Literally most of the population is "bad roll from dying in a single hit"
We still have noteworthy and interesting people.

Hell, take that to real life.

I would hate to play with either of you. (assuming you're not samefagging)
>>
Is there a Master of Many forms homebrew for Druid? Prestige or Archetype?
>>
>>47049681
Buy good books, boycott bad books, and Paizo will learn what to print.

Children need positive reinforcement to learn what TO DO, rather than simply what NOT to do.
>>
>>47049665
Gotcha. Maybe grab Weapon Master's Handbook? It's actually a decent book, although it's probably in the $15 range.
>>
>>47049793
Actually, I just some searching, and I found a book titled Heroes of the Jade Oath by Rite Publishing. I think they probably put their Sutra Magic in thag
>>
>>47049793
Stop this horrible meme. WMH is a bad perpetuation of regular Paizo things - excessive feat taxes for marginal benefits everywhere you look, 3-feat chains for things 1 feat should grant, barely-above-mediocre options clearly designed to make up for poor decisions in the past but must now come out of a build's resources anyway (instead of just fucking fixing what they made for free a la Unchained classes). WMH is not especially remarkable or helpful.
>>
>>47049875
That's never going to happen unless in some post-apocalyptic future Pathfinder becomes "not 3.75."

Almost every bad decision involving martials is Paizo literally going "what would WotC do?" and it's what their target audience wants because they picked from the mass of disgruntled grognards that rejected 4e on sight in the first place.
>>
>>47049708
I can assure you that it's mutual. I don't want to have to deal with your too-big-for-his-britches characters when they've done nothing of value.

>>47049783
I finished my student teaching in December. Let me tell you, Paizo can be likened to the loud, tantrum-throwing kid who you pray every day will just sit quietly and do his work. You just have to cross your fingers and hope he decides to shut the hell up.

>>47049875
THANK YOU. I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the praise people are giving WMH at all. You have to burn a feat just to use half of the garbage in the book, and most of it isn't worth ONE feat, let alone three or four.

>>47049988
Except WotC started unfucking shit around the end of 3.5 as they started testing things. ToB may have been the precursor to 4e, but it was a GOOD precursor to 4e.
>>
So, pfg/, our table is starting RotR, and I'm thinking of rolling up a kensai magus. Anything I should look into? Anything I should avoid?
>>
>>47050056
The fact that you equate character with accomplishments is the source of your failing.

When you think of yourself, do all you see is your resume?

Good day, and goodbye.
>>
>>47050079
>avoid

Don't try to redeem Nualia. It won't work. Nualia is not your waifu. Nualia is an abused child turned insane (and unoptimized) marauder with not a hint of Good or even /sanity/ left in her, because a demon was all too willing to prey on the pain others inflicted on her without even knowing they were doing it.

You are doing her a mercy by killing her and ending her unenviable, miserable existence. When Pharasma wipes her memories she will finally know the peace of oblivion.
>>
>>47049988
Not quite, it's "what would early-3.5 WotC do?"
These are people who were genuinely angry at all the fixing and cleanup late 3.5 did. Their biggest complaint about 3.5 was basically splatbook power creep for melee. All the great late-3.5 content that helps noncasters was HATED by Paizo: ToB, Complete Champion, Complete Scoundrel, Dungeonscape, probably even Magic Item Compendium and Player's Handbook II.
>>
>>47050106
Sounds like somebody didn't work hard enough.
>>
>>47050056
>I can assure you that it's mutual. I don't want to have to deal with your too-big-for-his-britches characters when they've done nothing of value.
My last level 1 character had a +21 to performance. On a take 10 he attracted the attention of extra planar beings with his singing. I believe it is perfectly reasonable for him to be relatively important.
>>
>>47050106
>>47050168

Uh...alright, I'll keep that mind. What about build traps? I was thinking about using trip or disarm maneuvers since our DM houseruled away combat expertise. I don't want to take anything that's going to be 90% useless for the adventure path, though.
>>
>>47050221
Get bladebound since you're already rolling kensai.
Shocking grasp all day everyday.
>>
>>47050168
>final boss of Rusty Dagger Shanktown, where you can't mind-whammy her away from CE
>instigated the destruction of her own hometown by goblins
>cursed by Lamashtu and completely insane
>corrupted by the Runewell of Wrath into killing her own father by burning him to death and destroying the town church
>redeemable

Nice try, Lamashtu, you can't trick us.
>>
>>47050221
Using true strike in spell combat to get a +18 to your trip and disarms without needing to invest anything into it is cool. It's an adventure path so unless he modifies it any humanoid will end up face first on the ground and anyone that uses weapons will see their weapons also on the ground. The boots that give you a permenantly active unseen servant can let you retrieve those weapons instantly as well i think? The six legged clawed monster will laugh at you however.
>>
>>47050106
Why bother redeeming her when you can capture her and break her mind further?

I pretty much kept her in my basement gagged, blindfolded and manacled with nothing but a short leash and a ring of sustenance while I was out adventuring. And her only human contact was my max cha shota synthesist who did nothing but tell her what a complete and utter failure she was as he brushed her hair.

It would sometimes take months before she saw me again and I would tell her how well I'm doing and how lucky she was for receiving the glory of being defeated by me and slowly but surely she eventually broke down and sobbed as she begged me to let her become my servant.

I mean, It took until the book 3 siege for it to happen but it was totally worth waiting that long for the pleasure of breaking her will and making her desecrate the lamashtu altar after we kicked the scribblers ass.
>>
>>47050079
Listen to these guys: >>47050106 >>47050241 Nualia is used goods, has a weird demon arm, is poorly built, and is not worth waifuing.

So waifu Lyrie instead! She only murdered one guy that we know of! She's a wizard, and thus both valuable and easily disarmed! Her terrible self-esteem has kept her pure! Also, hips.
>>
>>47050369
Also that cat is cute as shit, nigga.
>>
> Everyone just say I should play what I want
> I just want to play a cute Kineticist who constantly get bully by party martials
>>
>>47050402
Yeah, but it pees on everything.
Literally, it says that in the adventure.
>>
File: alice go diaf_1.jpg (30 KB, 364x296) Image search: [Google]
alice go diaf_1.jpg
30 KB, 364x296
>>47050367
>>
File: Avtomeow Catlashnikov.jpg (937 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
Avtomeow Catlashnikov.jpg
937 KB, 1632x1224
>>47050634
So does every other cat in existence. Little bastards are still cute.
>>
>>47050666
I concur, Satan.
>>
>>47050369

I find it hilarious that everyone's so eager to redeem Nualia because she's hot.

The exact same thing happens with that one voluptuous fish-fucker in Skulls and Shackles.

You guys are way too damn obsessed with trying to find the good in people just because they look good on the outside.
>>
>>47049455
They can smite and survive pretty much everything forever, so it makes up for lukewarm physical attributes and JJ-tier Wisdom. Paladin is probably the best option they could do, besides maybe an Oracle with the Tongues curse, so she can't ask people to slow down when they're violently fucking her.
>>
>>47050690
Nah, they don't care about the good in people, they just want someone they can fuck who won't stab them in the back.
>>
I'm considering running Hell's Rebels, as I've run a lot of the other APs already. Is this a good AP at all?
>>
>>47050744

So why don't they just look for a Good/Neutral woman that can fuck them?
>>
>>47050766
because the good/neutral women don't have pinup art in the APs, probs.
>>
>>47050690
It's the same behavior that Paizo reinforces.

Both examples of demonic redemption are sexy Succubus (Nocticula and Arushelae)

Attractive = Good

Paizo is so superficial.
>>
>>47050820

The evil women also don't have pinup art.

In fact, the art they use for the evil women is equal to the art they use for the Good/Neutral women, and the Good/Neutral often have even more art in the form of action shots or NPC Gallery.
>>
>>47050759
No.

Kintargo is a mess, the first adventure encourages the DM to cheat to keep an NPC alive, the entire AP is a series of fetch quests and small dungeon crawls, the villain is in-game a laughingstock and a joke and the path is filled with a parade of pointless NPCs who show up and then never get mentioned again.
>>
Does anyone else have problems dealing with a DM who's pathologically obsessed with giving you a romantic interest? I keep turning down bitches left and right, and then he assumed I was gay so I had to deal with dudes. Here I am just trying to play out my character in peace.
>>
>>47050759
I enjoyed it immensely, but we turned the Silver Ravens into Diamond Dogs.
King Raven's rebels kicked ass.
>>
>>47050759
It's good if you play it as a bunch of NE/CE douchebag supremes hijacking an otherwise-ineffective hippie protest into a mass sacrifice.
>>
>>47050891
Something tells me your GM is trying to give your character a lover to attach to so that they can take them away as a shitty plot hook.
>>
>>47050846
Then why is /pfg/ so obsessed with making the evil ones ride their collective dicks?
>>
>>47050759
Basically just lighten up the railroading Paizo tries to do (mostly in the first book as the rebellion is getting started) and it's a fine campaign.

Let the PCs decide how their revolution is going to go, rather than having the hipster NPCs go on and on about the virtues of CG.
>>
>>47050886

Does Hell's Rebels at least do a good job of making us give a damn about Kintargo, like Curse of the Crimson Throne did with Korvosa?
>>
>>47050942

>Converting the downtrodden evil woman who has nothing left into your loving and faithful wife through liberal application of Nice Guy Tactics and your penis inside her

Take a wild guess.
>>
>>47050965
Depends which NPCs you give the spotlight to. The first book has really godawful ones like tranny Tim Curry and a halfling Starbucks owner, but then the second swings it back around with the bad-enough-dude-to-rescue-kidnap-victims Hellknight chapter and a qt private eye who hunts serial killers for a living.
>>
>>47050891

See if you can play a tengu or android some other race that isn't DTF with ordinary NPCs. Or take the Burned drawback and claim your bits were burned off.
>>
File: 1377763193136.jpg (157 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1377763193136.jpg
157 KB, 1024x576
>>47050820
>>47050846
>>47050942
>>47050995
Now the real question is, does this also hold true with Evil female PCs? Are they more likely to get paired-up and waifu'd compared to Neutral or Good ones?
>>
File: Asmodean Warlord.jpg (130 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
Asmodean Warlord.jpg
130 KB, 800x1000
>>47051011
Do you mean this guy, owner of the coolest fucking armor in all of Golarion?

>>47051035
Not in the games I'm playing, at least. I'd like to shank our female CE party member. Her player is a huge douche and he is REALLY bad at CE.
>>
File: derp.jpg (79 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
79 KB, 640x640
>>47046893

Yes. They're called "Jeedai." All living matter has this thing called "mitochlorians." I don't know if you've heard of them.
>>
>Lini

So are Gnomes actually a good race for Druids? Does their racial FCB do anything good at all?
>>
>>47051077
>Gnomes
Into the trash it fucking goes
>>
>>47051109
>/pfg/ hating gnomes

Is this a meme? Was there a meme about Gnomes that I missed?
>>
File: Andyscrib.png (260 KB, 759x594) Image search: [Google]
Andyscrib.png
260 KB, 759x594
>>47051035
That's a good question. I'll need to get Andy's redesign done at some point and we can find out.
>>
>>47051120
To be fair, there were a handful of anons who WOULD. NOT. SHUT. UP. ABOUT. WANTING. TO. FUCK. GNOMES. for like thirty generals, and it kind of made me hate the race more than I already had.
>>
>>47051077
No. Dwarf are actually perfect for Druid.
>>
>>47051120

They're a boring race with nothing really going for them beyond specialized class builds and the sophomoric obsession with fucking them.

You could remove gnomes from the setting and nothing would change. Nothing.
>>
File: dwarf druid6.png (873 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
dwarf druid6.png
873 KB, 1600x1200
>>47051180
I want to play my Dwarven Goliath Druid of Torag (with Glory of Old and Defensive Strategist, of course) really badly. Sadly, it is likely never to be.
>>
>>47051077
Why are all female Gnomes made of pure sex in Golarion?
>>
>>47051136
Who's Andy?
>>47051062
What's this character like?
>>
File: bomb jump.gif (2 MB, 449x266) Image search: [Google]
bomb jump.gif
2 MB, 449x266
What are some good VMC's for Alchemists?
>>
>>47051062
>Do you mean this guy, owner of the coolest fucking armor in all of Golarion?

No, that's a Cavalier related to Abrogail. He's supposedly a genuinely cool guy.

>>47051262

But they aren't though.
>>
>>47051266
>>47051311
That is Lucien Thune, a man charged with defending the only land pass between Cheliax and Kintargo.

The players attack his base an he tries to stop them from collapsing the pass and cutting off the passage. He gives his life to defend the fort, but if the players find a wooden toy dragon in his room, a gift from his beloved Auntie when he was a child, and threaten to destroy it, he'll parley his surrender. Otherwise, he fights to the death for his honor.

>yfw the Hell's Rebel's players are monsters who threaten to break a man's beloved childhood possession, the only good memory he has growing up
>>
>>47051339
I meant the CE character you mentioned.
>>
>>47051351
I don't know who Andy is.
>>
>>47051369

They're not talking about Andy, they're talking about

>>47051062
>Not in the games I'm playing, at least. I'd like to shank our female CE party member. Her player is a huge douche and he is REALLY bad at CE.
>>
File: KemonomimiBov.jpg (319 KB, 658x1124) Image search: [Google]
KemonomimiBov.jpg
319 KB, 658x1124
>>47050733
If I do actually run a campaign and they keep running with this Paladin, I think I might just let them trade the +2 Dex of Rakshasa for a Con bonus, then either VMC Oracle without the restricted revelation list, or gestalt with oracle out of pity. I'm not sure why I'm trying to be so nice when their character is literally a clumsy, ditzy, busty cowgirl paladin that gives healing hugs. Maybe I just want to give the player the chance and am holding out a hope that they'll stun me with something amazing.
>>
>>47051351
That guy isn't me.

The CE character is a whiny cunt who has spent the whole game being insufferable, whining about authority of any kind and generally just being an asshole, the kind of person who a party has no fucking reason to bring along. They have zero to provide the party besides shooting shit. And on top of that, he decided to get his lulz by fireballing the party for no goddamn reason besides "lol my character doesn't trust you yet" and "well the dungeon's almost done and you can heal up from it."

The worst part is that he thinks he's both good at playing CE and that we actually have any reason not to fucking tell him to get lost. He's not even remotely repentant, and it's going to likely end with me letting his character die in a humiliating manner.
>>
File: almost friends.png (1 MB, 1114x771) Image search: [Google]
almost friends.png
1 MB, 1114x771
>All this RotRL girl discussion
>Not bringing up the best one

I've been working really hard to befriend her and progress is kind of slow but I'm getting there.

Pic related, spent a good chunk of time plowing the fields with her and working the crops and she seems to be integrating into current society well enough.
>>
File: Contemplative Drinking.png (73 KB, 332x126) Image search: [Google]
Contemplative Drinking.png
73 KB, 332x126
>>47051339

See, that strikes me as the kind of shit that would really bother someone who's actually CG.

I mean, I guess it's better than killing him, but pulling that kind of shit would certainly make the bards and rogues I've played wonder if they're starting to think too much like the bad guys.
>>
>>47051419

Why the hell are you still working with this character?

Don't you understand that the PCs aren't aware other PCs have the PC tattoo stitched onto their foreheads, making them incapable of actually leaving the party?

Fucking dump that asshole and tell the player to make a new one. You should not be fraternizing with someone your character reasonably believes will either turn on you or get you killed.
>>
>>47051339
>>47051432
I had heard that Hell's Rebels was shit, but this fucking clinches it.

JJ can take his plucky CG rebels and fuck off to the moon or some shit where I don't have to deal with them. This is ridiculous and I'm actually fucking furious.
>>
>>47049455
Remind them that charisma doesn't dictate appearance.
>>
>>47051457
Yeah, the problem is the rest of the party is indifferent as fuck for reasons I don't understand. This kid's character is a liability at the absolute least, and going to outright murder us at worst.

I've tried talking with him, but he's like "lol don't give a fuck". It wouldn't even bother me nearly as much if he hadn't flaked the fuck out on our group constantly in previous games. He is legit only showing up so he can be an asshole in a mostly neutral/good party.
>>
>>47051504

Catch him committing a crime and report him to the authorities, give no fucks when pleas of camaraderie are made.
>>
>>47051497
But (STR+CON+DEX+CHA)/4 does!
>>
>>47051522
No! We went over this before already!
Appearance is not dictated by stats! You can be a wizard with abs who gets knocked over by a stiff breeze and can't throw a punch to save your life! You can be a skinny bruiser!
>>
File: aliens.png (262 KB, 996x800) Image search: [Google]
aliens.png
262 KB, 996x800
>>47051266
Andrea is a Sniper I never had much luck putting together (mostly because firearms suck dick in PF). She's arrogant, greedy, and selfish, but she isn't dumb; Andy has a small business of sorts as a commando-for-hire and prefers to take jobs with links to a more lucrative future. Despite a constant string of bad luck where possible leads are concerned, she does manage to forge lasting relations with contacts often by keeping them in her back pocket if insufficient information causes a deal to fall flat, and if a job ever goes belly-up, she never leave empty-handed.

Andrea keeps a sharp eye on her allies and makes sure they're safe, but whether this is because she finds kinship in them or she simply keeps them alive for her own purposes isn't clear, despite how blunt she often is.

Is this how you LE? It's not often I make a character on the Evil scale.
>>
Some people said earlier that Goliath Druids can use adamantine weapons. What makes that possible in any way a regular Druid doesn't have? I didn't see anything on the archetype's page that would imply that.
>>
>>47051062
>>47051339
If I were a Paladin, I would totally try to Bro Lucien and have us develop a mutual respect for eachother

Seriously, just look at this guy! I'm straight as a linier function and even I wanna run my fingers through his hair and then engage in arm wrestling and jolly cooperation with him.

It's a shame you can't convince him that Bazzy is an insane madman and have him instead help you out with your problem

If I ever play Hell's Rebels with my Victor Doom character, I would totally try to convince him to be my champion and ally.
>>
>>47051596
Goliath Druid gets a Wild Shape that works as Form of the Giant or whatever that spell is called. Means you can use weapons instead of natural attacks, though some giants do have natural attacks still.

Also, there's nothing stopping ANY druid from using adamantine weapons. It's only metal armor and shields that they can't use. It's just that the Goliath Druid is one of the few only? Wild Shape Druids that doesn't focus on natural attacks.
>>
>>47048462
>>government declares divine casting/religion is illegal
>>herp derp it's the law so it must be right
>>cleric's existence violates his code
>>paradox as he simultaneously exists and does not exist
>>
>>47051716
>paradox cleric

I BET NETHYS IS BEHIND THIS
>>
>>47051419
>fireballing the party for no goddamn reason

If someone in my party tried that they'd be getting a dire tiger shoved up their arse at the same time as getting hit with a persisted suffocate.
>>
>>47051772
In theory he was aiming at the last of a handful of enemies we were fighting. Except there was no fucking reason to fireball them when we could have easily killed them WITHOUT exposing the party to friendly fire.

We were in a fucking mine. If the DM had half a mind to, he could have had the whole place explode and murder us all.
>>
>>47050899
>but we turned the Silver Ravens into Diamond Dogs.

>but

>implying that isn't the best possible outcome
>>
>>47050951

Any particulars that come to mind?
>>
File: 1443859396470.png (111 KB, 600x617) Image search: [Google]
1443859396470.png
111 KB, 600x617
>>47051565
She sounds right at-home as a Chelaxian!
>>
File: ALIENS1.jpg (322 KB, 976x1365) Image search: [Google]
ALIENS1.jpg
322 KB, 976x1365
>>47051565
COUSIN, LET US GO UFO HUNTING.
>>
Hey Pathfinders,

I'm trying to find a way to print out the Temple of Razmir for my Masks of the Living God campaign but am having a hard time. There seems to be only one source, the .pdf, and it's quite small. If anyone has the hookups on a larger scale version or even a printable option, that'd be cool. If not, would someone be so kind as to point me in the direction of a decent map making tool so I can get this shit made for my group?

Thanks.
>>
Hey fuckers.

My players sent Trinia away because Blackjack told them the city was too dangerous for her.

Which means obviously, the party needs someone they can befriend/lust over as a group. But it has to be someone competent enough to survive in Korvosa.

What do?
>>
>>47052008
Disguised Blue Dragon.

An actual living descendant of Kavazon who using magic items and good old-fashioned Bluff checks tricks the party into getting her great-great-great-great-great-granddaddy's remains back from Queen Ileosa.
>>
>>47052028
That's really dumb. You're really dumb.
>>
>>47051285
magus or wizard

same as for any other Int class
>>
>>47052037
>not punishing your players for pointless waifuism
>>
>>47052051
I don't want to punish them. I want to give them someone they can latch onto so they can eventually die.
>>
Okay /pfg/, there will be a very high power (level 18) PvP in a few days between my character (an elven Void Wizard with access to pretty much the entire spell list due to downtime rules), a reasonably well-built human Greatsword Paladin, a Dwarf Zen Archer Monk, a Full Strength typical Orc Barbarian with a terrifying Earth Breaker I don't want to go anywhere near, and a Halfling Bard who will probably be the first to die because he sucks in combat.

There is a bit of money on the line, and none of these players believe in the Martial/Caster disparity. How do I fuck them all in one Time Stop? They have measures against summoning, but very little else. My first thought was to spring Fiery Body for ability damage immunity and flight out of reach and Hungry Darkness, since the arena will be inescapable and the Con damage should funnel them all to an area where I can finish them off.

What do you think?
>>
>>47051285
Eh, Alchemist doesn't benefit as much as most from any of them. You want your feats for Extra Discovery, which is going to contribute more than VMCs will.

Barbarian or Sorcerer, if you absolutely must. The former for rage for melee power, the latter for Impossible bloodline (prereq-free Craft Wondrous, and the ability to ignore spell requirements).
>>
File: 1459675727400.png (20 KB, 518x386) Image search: [Google]
1459675727400.png
20 KB, 518x386
>>47052108
>PVP
>>
>>47052108
>implying the Bard won't hide, wait for you to spend all your magic on the other two and drop your guard, then poke your squishy face a couple of times with his rapier

Never lose sight of the little guy.
>>
>>47052108
How big is the arena?

At first glance, your plan is pretty good, with the exception of the Zen Archer Monk and the Halfling, who seems to be a blind spot.

The former, I might recommend a wind wall.

Please elaborate on the basic strategies of each member and what they've shown themselves to be capable of.
>>
>>47052108
How much prep time and money do you have? Can you create an army of simulacrum on your own demiplane and just bring them in during timestop?
>>
>>47052130
It's not part of the campaign, we all thought it would be interesting to just see which of our characters would come out on top in a free for all.

>>47052138
The Bard can hide and wait all he wants, I have 18 minutes of Fiery Body and I can cast True Seeing.

>>47052210
We don't know how big the arena will be yet; that part will only be revealed when we begin.

The Bard tends to favor Enchantments, with Overwhelming Presence as his biggest combat option. My elven +25 Will Save against Enchantment makes me a bit confident about going against him directly. My only worry about him is that he'll take control of the Zen Archer and have him pincushion me.

Speaking of the Zen Archer, he can be a problem, but I actually have a Contingent Wind Wall set to wrap fully around myself if I am targeted with a ranged attack that the Wall would deflect, so I'm not too worried about him.

>>47052251
1 day prep time, no purchases allowed above 10000gp.
>>
>>47052251
Also we have sort of a gentleman's agreement not to bring in allies other than just summons; otherwise the Paladin would be able to abuse his maxed Leadership score, which I do not want.
>>
>>47052519
>Also we have sort of a gentleman's agreement not to bring in allies other than just summons; otherwise the Paladin would be able to abuse his maxed Leadership score, which I do not want.

That's bullshit, why should the wizard be allowed to summon but the Paladin isn't allowed to use leadership?
>>
>>47052465
Truesight doesnt help against actual mundane hiding.
>>
>>47052519
Why do people voluntarily castrate themselves before wizards?
>>
Tell me about the Gods, /pfg/. Why did they make the Prime Material?
>>
>>47052531
>>47052541
No one in the party can summon without incurring a full initiative round of everyone else's wrath, and the Bard and I can each Dispel the other's summons if we need to
>>
>>47052210
Also, to fully answer you about strategies, the Pally and Barbarian do pretty much what you would expect: they full attack and things die.

The Paladin likes to put Greater Angelic Aspect on himself and he can use Restoration to last longer than the others within Hungry Darkness.

The Barbarian went fully down the Beast Totem line and will pounce all over whoever he thinks is weakest (probably me, but Displacement/Mirror Image should dissuade him a little)
>>
File: 1430059083106.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1430059083106.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>tfw nobody in the party can actually deal large amounts of damage

This is what happens when everyone buys into the memes and nobody wants to build a good old fashioned 1.5x STR beatstick.
>>
>>47052557
They didn't. Only demiplanes were created by gods; the major planes arose spontaneously. Most of the Outer Planes are the result of the first interplanar war between the proteans and qlippoth, which created islands of order in the Maelstrom.

At some point, the aeons set up the Antipode within the Maelstrom to funnel raw quintessence into the Positive Energy Plane, allowing the creation of new souls. At the same approximate time, Pharasma set up shop taking the souls of dead mortals and distributing them among the planes, where the various gods and outsider races process them through various afterlives and outsider forms into aligned quintessence that reinforces the planes against the Maelstrom's constant erosion.

The Maelstrom and Abyss are the only planes known to be pretty much eternal and transfinite, at least to the degree that the proteans and qlippoth don't know or won't tell how long they've been around. We know Hell existed before Asmodeus ever left Heaven and claimed it, and that the kytons used to live there until the devils imprisoned them and Doloras let them flee to the Shadow Plane. Abaddon formed around the overflow from the River of Souls whenever mass catastrophes caused too many deaths at once. Heaven Unleashed might say something about Heaven's origins, dunno.
>>
>>47052597
Calling effects like Gate can't be dispelled, although they can still be dismissed. Could gate 2 planetars in, or look for something fancier.

Really all you need to do is win initiative, time stop, and then go apeshit from there.
>>
>>47052677

To be fair, a max-utility low-damage group still has the good ol' coup-de-grace and shit for finishing off their thoroughly incapacitated or outwitted enemies.

It's the all-beatstick no-utility party that's gonna have a real bad time.
>>
>>47052720

We're constantly running into issues where the incapacitations and outwitting DOES NOT WORK. The whole "spam Color Spray all day to make the pain go away" is the biggest goddamn meme I've ever seen, we've consistently had at least one or two enemies per encounter that make their saves and they absolutely WRECK us.
>>
>>47051339
>>47051462

Don't forget the City of Masks - ie. San Francisco part 2

>CN large city in Cheliax
>called the City of Masks because you go by whatever identity you claim you are there
>main church is Norgorber
>large Skinsaw Cult presence

Then there is this one promise you make to be allowed there to specifically not be misogynist, sexist, racist etc.
>>
>>47052706
I considered Gate, but the GM decided that the 10k gp plus costs due to the outsider would violate the rule against spending more than 10000 on anything. Seems more than fair considering the Paladin's leadership nerf. We considered letting him at least bring his 17th level Cleric cohort buddy, but the Paladin's player decided he would rather see how well his character does alone.
>>
>>47052757

It feels at times like Hell's Rebels was basically a pet project the developers had laying around that they decided to just market one day, like one of those campaigns you run that has all the indulgences your players want that will probably come across as annoyingly niche to outsiders.

Nothing spurred them to release what was essentially Council of Thieves 2.0, it's weird as shit.
>>
>>47052804
So what does that make Hell's Vengeance?
>>
>>47052845

The filthy but unfortunately necessary counterpart to their spunky CG San Francisco social justice campaign.
>>
>>47052845
What I've played of it so far not much, thanks to PbP, IRL problems for one of the players and exams for the DM has actually been pretty cool.

Mostly because there is almost no room for plucky CG bullshit. The encounters need to be fixed, honestly, but a DM who's willing to make them actually challenging can make it really fun.
>>
>>47052845

Seems kind of like an insincere concession to the people rolling their eyes at the plucky rebels, because while you are playing bad guys, from what I understand you're not actually beating up the precious CG brigade, but fighting LG types because the creative department doesn't love LG heroes.
>>
>>47052887
>from what I understand you're not actually beating up the precious CG brigade, but fighting LG types because the creative department doesn't love LG heroes.

You're beating up tons of Chaotic Goods, and you'll probably find mostly Chaotic Goods in the fourth book "For Queen and Empire."
>>
>>47052882
I suppose that raises a different interesting question. Is there any Paizo AP with overall good-quality encounters?
>>
>>47052917

Good-quality in what way?
>>
>>47052794
Doesn't your cohort have to be two levels behind you?

Aren't you level 18?
>>
>>47052917
Wrath of the Righteous has a couple but it's only due to ridiculous mythic abilities, there are a few interesting fights in Skulls and Shackles as well
>>
>>47052804
Every project with Crystal is a pet project.
>>
>>47052677
what's your party look like?
>>
>>47052946
Just looked at the Leadership page; apparently so. I don't believe our GM knows that, and the Paladin probably doesn't, but having someone who can cast Mass Heal in the party is not something I will dispute.
>>
>>47050690
>Nualia because she's hot.
People find her hot? I must be part of the minority then. I wanted to redeem her when I played because I was playing an aasimar paladin of Desna so it was more like come back away from this she responded with attempted manslaughter so we murdered the shit out of her.
>>
>>47052540
True, but the GM calling it an arena makes me think there won't be much room for hiding, and even if there was, I can save against his 6th level enchantments on a nat 1, and he is not good with weapons.
>>
> Game start in 10 hours
> Still can't decide on character

If you still remember, my party member will be Cleric (versatile channel build), Unchained Monk, Chained Summoner

I can't decide between Collegiate Initiate.. Arcane Trickster.. or Air Kineticist

This is Kingmaker, 20-pt, Only Paizo stuff, Core race only. No traits (I don't know why).

Starting wealth is only 1000gp (but I will be able to access the Kingdom Treasure once I prove myself to the party).
>>
File: 97a.jpg (39 KB, 600x661) Image search: [Google]
97a.jpg
39 KB, 600x661
>>47052989
Well, technically speaking it only discusses restrictions on gaining experience and starting level.

So, if you were using a different metric for gaining levels (whenever story appropriate, for example), the cohort could theoretically catch up. Though I would probably mention that when you level up, so his cohort stays that level.

If you don't want to redact your history (and 9th level spells, I'm sure), it would also be easier on the Paladin to not level him up, rather than force a level down.
>>
>>47052794
If you're just summoning generic monsters, it's only 10k for the casting, no extra costs.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.