[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"The BBEG retreats to the Numbing Mountain, the place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
>"The BBEG retreats to the Numbing Mountain, the place you've been hearing about for the past few sessions, said to be completely removed from the context of the outside world. Do you pursue?"
>"Yes."
>"Roll a will save, DC 1."
>Five turns later
>"Roll a will save, DC 6."
>"I failed, what happened?"
>"You brought your backstory? Good. Erase one person, place, or event of your choice from your backstory entirely."
How would you feel about this if you were a player? Would this be acceptable in a finale? Would the last character you played continue to pursue after figuring out what was going on?
>>
I would stop and think very hard about the implications. Does my character risk being erased from the BBEG's backstory, and if so, what does that mean for my character?

(Not saying you have to answer here, but that's what my feelings would revolve around.)
>>
>>47045558

Is it removing the person or place from reality or just your time stream? You never went there versus it never existed.
>>
>>47045690
The context of who you are and why you are chasing this person is not welcome on the mountain, making you forget it all.
>>
I think it's pretty cool actually. Kinda reminds me me of lotr. And I would pursue. Bonus points if you manage to let the players forget each other during the final fight. Might be hard to pull off as a GM though and will be a pretty dark ending.
>>
>>47045558
Actually a pretty neat idea. I'd be impressed by the creativity of the DM, as well as the decision that it forces the party members to make.
>>
>describing it as the "BBEG" in a dialogue

I cringed.
>>
>>47045897

But that's the term.

BBEG.
>>
>>47045952

It's a stupid term even on the internet, much less actual in person conversation
>>
I personally think that's a solid consequence for a finale.
>>
>>47046025
I am sure OP's DM used the evil character's actual name or title. I have never heard the acronym used aloud before.
>>
>>47045952
Have you tried villain? Or archvillain? Nemesis? Archnemesis? Antagonist? Overlord? Boss? Adversary? Foe? Archfoe? Enemy? Archenemy?
>>
>>47045897
>>47046025
>>47046214
I didn't bother create a name for a BBEG for the sake of a demonstration, especially when the demonstration revolves around everyone, including the BBEG, forgetting everything about themselves until all they ever know is that they are chasing/being chased on top of a mountain.

Why are you even nitpicking about such a common term in a thread where primary antagonists aren't even the focus of the thread?

Did you even read the OP completely, are you even going to talk about what I made this thread for?
>>
>>47045558

The only downside I can think of is it's directly rewarding Prosius the Pontificator, who's written down every Tom Dick and Jane in his household and every third barmaid he fucked in the campaign.

If it specified "significant" things, it'd at least ensure everyone is erasing something important each time, no matter how many actual words were vomited onto their character sheet.
>>
>>47045558
Does the person/place/event cease to exist, or was the PC simply never present when these things happened, never went there or never met them?

I love the idea by the way.
>>
Wouldn't the villain be subject to this too? I'd let him rot up there.
>>
>>47046381
Maybe that's why they fled there? Ignorance is bliss, they can just frolic in the frozen meadows alongside the dozens of other people that couldn't handle life, judgement free.
>>
>>47045558
>PC forgets what race/class they are due to forgetting their parents/mentor

Oops.
>>
>>47046234
If you sound dumb, you sound dumb.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.