[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tyranid Hive fleet creation table
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: Tyranid_Hive_Fleet_Bioships.png (1 MB, 920x691) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid_Hive_Fleet_Bioships.png
1 MB, 920x691
A new Tyrandi fleet has entered this subsector. Let's find out what type of hive fleet it is.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Tyranid_Hive_Fleet_Creation_Tables

What is the Hive Fleet's progenitor? (d100)
>>
Hopefully this time
>>
File: 40Keks.jpg (327 KB, 1342x1342) Image search: [Google]
40Keks.jpg
327 KB, 1342x1342
>>47045605
>>47045629
Git gud Anon
>>
Rolled 88 (1d100)

>>
>>47045668
Hive Fleet Naga is our progenetor.
Here a little fluff about it sicne it is a very small hive fleet compared the other major ones in the galaxy:

Hive Fleet Naga was a Tyranid Hive Fleet, relatively small in comparison to other Hive Fleets, that invaded the Galaxy from the Eastern Fringe somewhere to the galactic-north of the Tau Empire in 801.M41, destroying countless alien domains and devouring several Eldar worlds. The Eldar refereed to Naga as Shai'naid, the Endlessly Winding Serpent, and fleets from the Malan'tai, Iyanden, and Idharae Craftworlds eventually eliminated Naga in 812.M41. But not before the Tyranid Hive Mind absorbed several dozen samples of new biomass, including the DNA of the Eldar and also gained valuable experience of Eldar military capabilities.

Next roll
>What is the Hive Fleet's classification? (d10)
>>
Rolled 9 (1d10)

>>47045718
Well, maybe we can get a psychic turnout from the eldar shit
>>
File: Tyranid swarm.jpg (221 KB, 940x1000) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid swarm.jpg
221 KB, 940x1000
>>47045970
Hive Fleet

Looks like we are a hive fleet, maybe some survivded and quietly grew in size?

>How large is the Hive Fleet? (d10)
>>
Rolled 4 (1d10)

>>47046018
This big
>>
>>47046099
Small, so it is a remenant of Hive fleet Naga

What are the Hive Fleet's current goals? (d100)
>>
Rolled 46 (1d100)

>>47046161
>>
>>47046191
Rejoin the fleet (Fleet looking to pair up with their progenitor or a larger fleet)
Seems logical. It has imporant eldar biomass that needs to be re-integrated into a larger fleet. Just trying to brainstorm here

What is the Hive Fleet's strategic tendency? (d100)
>>
Rolled 71 (1d100)

>>47046242
>>
File: Surprise motherfuckers.png (1 MB, 731x1010) Image search: [Google]
Surprise motherfuckers.png
1 MB, 731x1010
>>47046420
The Ground Trembles (Going underground)

What common biomorphs manifest in the Hive Fleet? (d10)
>>
Rolled 8 (1d10)

>>47046462
Roll
>>
File: Warhammer_40k_ripper_swarm.jpg (352 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
Warhammer_40k_ripper_swarm.jpg
352 KB, 700x1000
>>47046500
Symbiotic Swarms

Holy shit, I think we just created giant underground swarms of rippers or mawlocs, whatever floats your boat.

What are the Hive Fleet's allies? (d100)
>>
Rolled 47 (1d100)

>>47046539
>>
>>47046579
Psychic Vampire (DoM't-esque) Someone please explain what they mean by this

>What are the Hive Fleet's common enemies? (d100)
>>
>>47046610
Basically we have bio organisms with massive psychic powers. DoMT was a psychic tyranid capable of ripping eldar souls out of their bodies like slaneesh.

The idea I got is our fleet is a tiny amount of surviving bio-organisms that have split our biomass massively and taken to traveling stealthily underground so that any survivors can rejoin with a main fleet and pass on our psychic prowess and bio morphs while avoiding eldar trying to keep the info from passing on.
>>
Rolled 89 (1d100)

>>47046610
Hoping for eldar
>>
>>47046707
Should we just add eldar as our enemies by default?
>>
>>47046732
Assorted meats(Alien Empire)

We can change it to Eldars if you guys want. Or maybe we can have both
>>
>>47046753
Maybe both, maybe our hive fleet's been passing through minor alien empires to reach a larger fleet while being pursued by a group of eldar, or maybe even a craftworld. The fleet's been aiming for smaller, weaker empires so it can make jump off points for other hive fleets.
>>
Guys, this hive fleet would be perfect for the Vasenica sector. It is small, on the hunt for small targets and other aliens, etc
>>
File: WH40K Vampire.jpg (13 KB, 250x220) Image search: [Google]
WH40K Vampire.jpg
13 KB, 250x220
>>47046610

Psychic vampires? Does that mean these things?

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire
>>
>>47046874
is that like a cannon sector or another /tg/ sector? But yeah, sounds pretty good.
>>
>>47046901
It's a /tg/ sector. There is no fluff about the Tyrandis in the sector, so that's why I thought that this one would make a good addition to the sector

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Vasenica_sector
>>
>>47046891

More like this, scroll down to doom of

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Malan%27tai
>>
>>47046935
looks good, even looks like there is an opening for a splinter fleet even which gives us a hole to fill
>>
>>47046945
Ah, okay, that makes a lot more sense.

(Since I'm not sure the first thing is even canon anymore, looks like it's barely been referenced since 1st ed Rogue Trader).

And it looks like the original Doom of Malan'tai was from Hive Fleet Naga, so continuity.
>>
File: Vasenica Xenos update_v2.png (188 KB, 1313x1127) Image search: [Google]
Vasenica Xenos update_v2.png
188 KB, 1313x1127
>>47046962
By the way, I think this is the current map of the sector. It hasn't been put into the wiki since it's not done yet
>>
What shall we call this fleet?
>>
>>47046997
It was in one of the more recent tyranid codices, if I remember right.
>>
>>47047056
Maybe Marathon, it's a small force traveling large distances to deliver essential information. Plus it fits in with the greco-roman naming scheme sort of.
>>
>>47047345
Hive fleet Marathon. I like it. It rolls of the tounge nicely
>>
>>47047345
Tyranid fleets are typically named after mythical monsters. Does anyone know of a monster legend anything like that?
>>
>>47047374
Why not name it either Huginn or Muninn? They were according to scandinavian myth 2 ravens that flew all over the world and told what they saw to Odin
>>
>>47047479
Sounds good and fits the theming. Huginn flows off the tongue a bit better imo.

Next is probably color scheme, I'm thinking dark browns and greens so they can blend into the earth better
>>
>>47047591
How about dark/light green, almost like moss on the top, and then brown on underside of it, along with some purple or red veins, etc just for painting reasons so it doesn't get to bland
>>
>>47047647
Could be cool
>>
>>47047591
desu senpai I liked marathon better
>>
>>47050730

Name really should be a monster, to match existing Tyranid swarm names (Behemoth, Kraken, Leviathan, etc...)

If we're still brainstorming names, I could see calling it Hive Fleet Capricorn, for a tenuous connection with Marathan. Because Capricorn, the sea goat is a form of the god Pan; and Pheidippides, the famous runner from Marathon, had a vision of Pan.

Other ideas would be to name it after monsters from the labors of Herakles, since one of the major factions in the sector is the Heraclian Confederacy. (Though the most famous one, Hydra, is already taken).
>>
>>47050911
Capricorn is a good name, I think
>>
What's the summary for these guys?
>>
>>47052778
Tentative summary:

Name: Hive Fleet (?)Capricorn(?)
Progenitor: Hive Fleet Naga
Classification: Hive Fleet
Size: Small
Goal: Rejoin a larger Hive Fleet
Strategic Tendency: The Ground Trembles
Common Biomorphs: Symbiotic Swarms
Allies: Psychic Vampire (Doom of Malan'tai)
Enemies: Eldar
Coloration: Green backs, brown undersides, purple veins

This Hive Fleet is a remnant of Hive Fleet Naga, which devoured a number of Eldar worlds before being shattered. This splinter fleet has incorporated valuable genetic information from those victories, including enhanced genomes derived from the infamous Doom of Malan'tai, and seeks to rejoin a greater Fleet in order to share its adaptations. Because of its relatively weak strength for a Hive Fleet, it often employs large numbers of burrowing bioforms to move undetected beneath the surface and undermine enemy positions. The Fleet has evolved biofroms with potent psychic abilities that make them particularly effective at destroying Eldar opponents. It is currently located in the rimward fringe of the Vasenica sector, carving a path of destruction as it tries to accumulate enough biomass to break through the contested front and join the nearest large Hive Fleet.
>>
So this will be added in the next Vasenica thread?
>>
>>47057080
If there is one
>>
>>47058303
Should I add it to the 1d4chan wiki article?
>>
>>47060300
yea, do that
>>
>>47060478
Okay. I have to go to work now, but I'll do it when I get back.
>>
Tyranid bump
>>
Updated the 1d4chan wiki article on the Vasenica Sector with info from this thread.
>>
>>47067066
you are doing the Emperors work Anon, keep it up
>>
>>47053007
So what's our core unit/battle strategy
>>
>>47068118
I think someone earlier suggested Mawlocs and Rippers, with the Mawlocs tunneling under enemy fortifications and allowing the rippers to pop up in the middle of their formations. Since the Fleet's backstory involves psychic adaptations based on the Doom of Malan'tai, I'd expect them to have powerful Zoanthropes as well.

Trygon Primes would also be a real good fit: they're synapse creatures which can burrow, meaning they can keep the lesser 'nids under control without any big creatures lumbering around on the surface broadcasting the army's location. In fact, it would probably be a good strategy to use disposable surface units as decoys: make it seem like the swarm is heading in one direction, while the main force moves undetected under the ground towards the real objective.
>>
>>47069475
So these are sort of covert/hit and run nids? I can absolutely get behind this concept, stealth Nids sounds like it has great potential
>>
>>47071179
Yeah. Normal Tyranid strategy is "attack until you run out of 'nids, grow more 'nids, repeat". And to be fair, this Hive Fleet will probably do that when it has an overwhelming advantage. But that gets boring after a while.

It's a lot more interesting to look at things from the Tyranid perspective, and see them as kind of the underdog from their point of view. They're under-strength for a Hive Fleet, their main force has already been busted up by the Eldar, and now they find themselves stuck in a mosh pit with a bunch of Terrans, Tau, Orks, and Necrons who threaten to destroy all the unique bioforms the Fleet has developed before it can share them.

So, for once, the old "Zerg rush kekekeke" stratagem isn't going to cut it. These 'nids need to be cunning. They need to minimize losses and maximize gains if they want to build up enough strength to achieve their goal.

I guess what I'm saying is that another endless, unstoppable flood of Tyranids just like every other endless, unstoppable flood of Tyranids would be boring. Let's put the 'nids at the disadvantage for once, and see what they're capable of when they actually have to work for it.
>>
>>47071460
Shouldn't our name and color be more indicative of this? I'd also assume we'd have an increased number of the more intelligent bio forms? Not full on, but with more instinct and sense than just run at enemy until you die and do it again
>>
>>47071613
The coloration, I believe, was intended to have a camouflage feel to it: green and brown to blend in with foliage and dirt.

The name's been all over the place. First it was Marathon, since the purpose of the Fleet was to be a messenger; then it became Huginn after Odin's crow, because Hive Fleet names are mythical creatures (except apparently there's a canon fleet called Perseus, after a hero?); then it became Capricorn, a roundabout reference back to Marathon via the god Pan. If you have any good ideas for a thematic Hive Fleet name, feel free to share.
>>
>>47071869
Karkinos? It was a giant crab that fought Hercules. Crabs burrow and have chitin armor, and fighting Hercules makes him somewhat of an underdog, despite its size. Only issue is it has nautical connotations
>>
>>47072044
I feel like there's something that'll fit perfectly that we're missing. Damn, I wish I knew more mythology
>>
>>47073474
Oh man have I the name for you guys

Hive Fleet Empousai

Empousai was an evil Greek goddess who spent her time drinking the blood of young men as they slept, but she was downgraded to an entire species of monsters who devoured travelers late at night.

The downgrade from goddess to monster species is the splintering of hive fleet naga, and devouring travelers late at night is clearly related to this fleets inherent stealthy tactics
>>
>>47075585
Hmm, it might work. My vote is still on Hive Fleet Huginn though. Mainly becuase i'm a fan of Nordic myth
>>
What else can fluff out about this hive fleet? Maybe when it entered the Vasenica Sector?
>>
What about Hive Fleet Minhocao? It's a Giant Burrowing Earth Worm with huge teeth
>>
>>47077342
I'm good with that!
>>
>>47077342
How do you pronouce it? Min-hoc-ao?
>>
>>47077546
I think it's min-ho-chao
>>
mi-nho-cao

cao said a bit like cow but with an accent I believe
>>
>>47078160
As far as creatures go, I think this is the closet we'll get to our nid's behaviors
>>
>>47078369
For colors, black/brown carapace maybe?
>>
>>47079609
Something like this https://coolors.co/app/f7dba7-f1ab86-c57b57-1e2d2f-041f1e
>>
>>47079609
>>47079639
I was thinking something in the line of this, but with a much darker brown as the "base" colour
>>
File: natural camouflage.jpg (408 KB, 1024x680) Image search: [Google]
natural camouflage.jpg
408 KB, 1024x680
>>47079741
And I forgot the picture, typical
>>
>>47079768
Reminds me of RT salamanders
>>
>>47079768
>>47079609
We could always roll for it
>>
bampu!
>>
>>47083264
What's our history?
>>
>>47084576
We are (as far a we know) the last Tyrandis from Hive Fleet Naga that was destroyed by the Eldar. The fleet did however produce a being that ate souls instead of biomass. And we are determined to find a larger fleet in order to spread that knowledge to the rest of the Tyranids. Unfortunatly we are very few in number and becuase ofd that we rely on underground assults with mawlocs followed by swars of rippers
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.