[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67
File: General Image.png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
General Image.png
1 MB, 1024x768
New Player's with Deathstars Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD'
>>
File: 28.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
FIRST FOR THE RAPTORS AND "BIG BOSS" ISSODON
>>
File: Space Marine Players.gif (4 MB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine Players.gif
4 MB, 300x168
Daily reminder that all Astartes players are complete faggots and the group with the most powergamers!
>>
File: listentomeyoueldarshit.png (28 KB, 778x261) Image search: [Google]
listentomeyoueldarshit.png
28 KB, 778x261
>>47045306
>>
>>47045306
Well ni duh they have the most powergamers. They have the most players period. The real question is if they have the most power gamers per capita
>>
>>47045306
I mean wouldnt the largest player base have the most amount of power gamers by simple math?
>>
Grav weapons are over costed because they're worthless against orcs and nids.
>>
>>47045306
t. Butthurt Xeno and/or Heretic
>>
>>47045298
>FIRST FOR THE RAPTORS AND "BIG BOSS" ISSODON

>Second rate conversion and third rate DA paintjob.

Is this a meme?
>>
You wanna know why I hate Leman Russ?
It's not because of his boner-inducing penchant for teamkilling.
It's not because of his hypocrisy in regards to Nikea and psykers.
It's not because of his inability to back up his boastful nature (see his fights with Lion El'Jonson and Angron).
It's because immediately upon swearing fealty to the Emperor as the 2nd found primarch he had to upstage Horus and his LUNA WOLVES with his own superlative legion title.
Two "official" fucking legions in and we have the Luna Wolves and the Space Wolves.
What a fucking douchebag.
>>
File: itmusthappen.jpg (127 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
itmusthappen.jpg
127 KB, 800x427
>>47045359
Apparently yes.
>>
um, dunno if this is the spot to put this here, but here you guys go.
youtube DOT com SLASH watch?v=l_YLkIjJtbg
Dawn of War 3 confirmed?
>>
>>47045349
>worthless

Even against a 6+ save, a Grav-cannon is as effective as a heavy bolter.

Not to mention that Orks and Nids have Walkers/MCs that are more vulnerable to them.
>>
>>47045368
Firstly, shitty bait, get some new material
Secondly
>It's because immediately upon swearing fealty to the Emperor as the 2nd found primarch he had to upstage Horus and his LUNA WOLVES with his own superlative legion title.
I know I'm biting but Leman russ wanted his legion to be called the vylka fenrika. He didn't name the space wolves, but the wolves of fenris.
And moreover, luna wolves a shit, they deserve every bad thing they get.
>>
File: Orkzwutdazog.jpg (52 KB, 164x139) Image search: [Google]
Orkzwutdazog.jpg
52 KB, 164x139
>Release dog-fight phase
>Attempt to generate flier hype
>Release new ork flier to go with this
>It's a 'bomber'
>It's shit at anti-air
>When the game is set to be dominated by fliers
>still manages to fit in a few crap single-shot guns at BS2
>>
>>47045403
>DOT
>SLASH

The fuck is wrong with you? Also there's already a thread for this, just wait till tomorrow.
>>
File: IG5EHydraFlakTank.jpg (99 KB, 612x723) Image search: [Google]
IG5EHydraFlakTank.jpg
99 KB, 612x723
>>47045453
>dominated by flyers
not if you offer a prayer to the hydra anon
>>
>>47045453

Doesn't that thing supposedly have a large AP2 blast plate?
>>
>>47045405
>mfw my opponent tells me that shooting his Riptide with Grav is useless
>nine shots turn into three wounds
>tie it up in melee
>turn one

And that is how he Tau player broke his Riptide.

Against Grey Knights I immobilized the Land Raider on my turn 1 as well and it became a glorified flame turret.

I never bring my than 4 Grav guns and 2 Combi Gravs, I swear.
Okay, sometimes its 6 and 3
>>
>>47045453

>more phases

Yay...

Said NO ONE. ANYWHERE. EVER.
>>
>>47045405
My mathhammer has that as '/nearly/ as effective' as a heavy bolter.

Point still valid, but you don't need to lie to support it.
>>
>>47045526
I am seriously considering getting some IG to ally with my RW instead of SW at higher points because of my god awful anti air.

The alternative is to buy Ravenwing Fliers....

Or a Fire Raptor
>>
>>47045453

worry not, friend. We will keep the flyers out of the meta for you.
>>
File: DeredeoDreadnought.jpg (13 KB, 256x168) Image search: [Google]
DeredeoDreadnought.jpg
13 KB, 256x168
>>47045526
> Using Hydras for Anti-air
> Not using glorious Twin-linked BS5 S8 Sunder from LEGBOATS
>>
>>47045443
Wasn't it "People of Fenris"?
>>
>>47045559

I'm pretty excited about it, actually. I liked the dogfight ruless from the first days and seeing them actually integrated with the game is nice.
>>
>>47045588
cheapes options is probably a fortification with an Icarus lascannon or the quad gun
>>
>>47045631
Need sauce for either as concrete truth, linguistically you can make an argument for either (which may have been intentional).
>>
File: 99120103029_MekBigGun360.jpg (67 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120103029_MekBigGun360.jpg
67 KB, 600x620
>Flyers become top meta
>everyone begins allying in Big Mek with KFF, Grots, and a unit of Traktor Kannons into their lists

Inb4 that isnt a Traktor Kannon
>>
>>47045676
105 points for an Imperial Bunker, that way you get to fire the quad-gun from safety instead of standing around your Aegis.
>>
>>47045322
>knife eared piece of shit
every time

>>47045443
That stale-ass pasta taste good?
The real douchebags are the Word Bearers. Imagine what a wonderful place the Imperium would be if Lorgar had landed on the moons of Ymgarl and gotten eaten by genestealers.

>>47045453
Traktor kannons. Like >>47045707
said. Quit mucking about.
>>
File: OrkEvil_Sunz_Icon.jpg (15 KB, 317x305) Image search: [Google]
OrkEvil_Sunz_Icon.jpg
15 KB, 317x305
>>47045707
>>47045754

>Playing Orks
>Taking static artillery
>Taking fucking grotz
>GROTZ

Zog off, i'm 'n evil sun fer life...if it don't GO FAST i don't wanna know...
>>
>>47045682

"They're not the Space Wolves, they're the Wolves from the planet Wolf!"

Space Wolf players really need to stop repeating that one, it never stops sounding dumb and pedantic.
>>
>>47045802

>mek builds a fortifakashun
>paints it red
>show it to boss
"oi, look at dis fast fing I built"
"it ain't even going anywhere ya git!"
"yeah, but it's gittin dere right quick!"
>what do?
>>
>>47045913
>"oi, look at dis fast fing I built"
>"it ain't even going anywhere ya git!"
>"It got 'ere before you though boss! And it'll get 'ere before the enemy! For getting ta dis place, it's tha fastest find around!"
>>
>>47045861
>"They're not the Space Wolves, they're the People from the planet Wolf!"
FTFY
Also having a themed named planet is nothing new, like having the angels from a planet named after a demon for the angel-like marines that can become like demons during a fight
>>
>>47045802
>>47045913
>>47045943
Boyz, boyz.

You point da traktor kannon at da enemy plane. You pull da lever and jump on da kannon. If yer "kalk-you-lay-shunz" is correct, da traktor beam latches onto da enemy plane, and den you and da kannon go for a ride.

We'z not tryin ta shoot down da planes! We'z tryin ta go parasailing!
>>
>>47045802

There are Flakk Trukks and what not from Forge World, but those are outdated at this point.

One of them (from Aeronautica) could flat out and still fire and regular ballistic skill so long as it was targeting a Flyer.
>>
File: hail-hydra10jpg-e3252b_960w.jpg (30 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
hail-hydra10jpg-e3252b_960w.jpg
30 KB, 960x541
>>47044686
It would be Unbound I would think. I am not sure.

>>47044714
This makes sense, much like the Drone Network Auxiliary choice in the Hunter Contingent. It doesn't have a Formation Datasheet, but it is an Auxiliary Formation that can be taken in a Hunter Contingent.

So, I am with this anon on that. I also think it might be Hunter Contingent specific.

>>47045526
>pic related
>>
>>47045913
> Big Mek makes a 500 foot tall bunker and paints it red
> Outside of the bunker is a RED DOOR just standing in the middle of fucking no-man's land
"OI BOSS, LOOK AT DIS' FING. I CALL IT DA' FASTDAKKA MOVA' IT GOES FAST"
> Boss just glares
"WATCH DIS BOSS, GET DA' BURNABOYZ IN DA FASTDAKKA MOVA, WE'Z GUNNA BURN SOME PANZIES"
> Burna boyz enter into the tower
> The red door opens right fucking next to a bunch of Eldar guardians
> Burna Boyz incinerate the completely surprised knife eared shits
"SEE, FASTDAKKA MOVA'
>>
>>47046001
Yeah i built my own, used to run it lost the rules for it, and it is really old at this point
>>
File: cityfightposter.jpg (44 KB, 440x307) Image search: [Google]
cityfightposter.jpg
44 KB, 440x307
Just started playing 40k with some friends, I have a lot of guard, but they are all starting from scratch, so we will be starting playing 500 pts games on a 4x4 cities of death board.The last time I played was 5th edition and I got my shit pushed in. Is this a decent guard list at 500 pts

500 pts
Company Command Squad +Lascannon+ Plasma+ Carapace Armor= 105
Chimera 65
Veteran Squad + autocannon+ Plasma gun +Grenadiers=100
Chimera 65
Veteran Squad+autocannon+ Plasma gun+Grenadiers= 100
Chimera 65
>>
>>47045453
I don't think flyers are going to dominate. People still like capturing objectives and playing the damned missions.

Plus, Dakkajets are already decent anti-air, as well as lootas and mek gunz.
>>
>>47045529

Unconfirmed. It can take Telyport Blastas, but they are Small Blast and the Kustom Mega Kannons it can take don't get upgraded to Large Blast despite there being two of them, it just becomes Twin-Linked.
>>
File: 99120103006_WarbuggyNEW01.jpg (40 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120103006_WarbuggyNEW01.jpg
40 KB, 600x620
>>47045802
>2016
>No updated buggies with KMK, Traktor Kannons, Skorchas, or 2 TL Rokkits

Why Waaagh?
>>
File: waaaghbuggy 3.0.jpg (410 KB, 1307x983) Image search: [Google]
waaaghbuggy 3.0.jpg
410 KB, 1307x983
>>47046298
If yer a mekaniak.
>>
>>47046298

>Battlewagons can take all the old Big Gunz: Kannon, Lobba and Zzap Gun
>New Mek Gunz come out, Battlewagon can't take them
>No Blitz Brigade with Traktor Kannons for AA duty sending the ladz forth

Waaagh ain't what it used to be...
>>
>>47046231
You should just make a shit-ton of fortifications to use with your LGS's Orkbro. You should just take like 6 Wall of Martyrs Bunkers with Escape Hatches, and put all Flamer-Vets in them.

Then let the Orkbro take 6 Wall of Martyrs bunkers with Escape Hatches and stick nothing but Burna Boyz in them.

Start of the game, stick your escape hatches within 6" of each other's fortifications and spend the whole game trading board sides.
>>
File: 1454735142429.jpg (14 KB, 480x343) Image search: [Google]
1454735142429.jpg
14 KB, 480x343
>>47045349
>grav weapons are overcosted because they cant wipe any unit in the game with ibe round of shooting
>>
>>47046026
I am not a Tau player, but the Necron Decurion has similar auxiliary "selections", like Flayed Ones, which are not considered formations and cannot be taken as such.

I'm guessing he's just gonna have to burn the FA slot.

>>47046298
There's no time to replace 2e Ork models, there are still two billion slight variations on the same goddamn sigmarine model to be made.
>>
File: Tau vs tyranids.jpg (197 KB, 900x640) Image search: [Google]
Tau vs tyranids.jpg
197 KB, 900x640
Wich one is your favourite warhammer40k faction?

Vote here! http://www.strawpoll.me/10058025

I know I forgot to add the Adeptus mechanicus, big fail
I am also aware I spelled "Tyranids" worng
>>
>>47046469
Are you also aware that you could make a new poll with mechanicus in it?
>>
>>47046469
Whats the point? Learn to fucking spell before making shit polls that serve no purpose.
>>
>>47046486
After almost 200 votes I just feel lazy
>>
>>47046491
It does serve a purpose

My entertainment

Now go hate elswhere
>>
>>47046513
well if you have 200 votes then why do you still need more votes, stop the fucking link m80
>>
>>47046469
Not races, factions
Missing several factions
Mispelled others.
>>
File: CoWZ05t.gif (842 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
CoWZ05t.gif
842 KB, 480x270
>>47045453
>complaining about flyers when you have the best anti-air in the game
>>
>>47046392
>I don't know what jokes are
Give big shootas Graviton. Bam, orks fixed.

>>47046469
You also misspelled Gay Knights
>>
Has anyone seen the latest MWG battle report? The Orks vs DA one? Half the challenger's army is painted like a 7 year old's first go. Why would you go on MWG with that state of an army?
>>
Should I re-base my power armored Grey Knights over to 32mm bases or keep them on 25?
>>
>>47046864

I saw that one.

Quark's opponent had some impressive rolling.

Also, that's one of the few times I've seen an Orkanaut on the table without it being destroyed half way through the game.
>>
so lets say i have a unit of reavers that multi-charge a riptide and a unit of fire warriors, and they kill 6 fire warriors, do nothing to the riptide and lose one model in return. the riptide would have to make a break test as well as then, correct?
if not, then i accidentally scammed a tau player out of his riptide continuing to live
>>
>>47046915
To be fair, watching it a bit more, they do appear to be about 12. Is it his sister/brother?
>>
>>47047008

Could be.

Nice to see Miniwargaming supports the youngsters coming in for a go though.
>>
>>47047007

yes
>>
If I take a fortification as part of a warconvo, it's upgrades are free too, right?
>>
File: Khornate Berzerkers.jpg (97 KB, 960x567) Image search: [Google]
Khornate Berzerkers.jpg
97 KB, 960x567
Holy shit guys, I met a real life Champion of Khorne at a party this weekend, and it was probably the most incredible and terrifying moment of my life.

>Be at a house party with my friend and his gf (we've all been childhood friends since forever)
>Pretty sizable amount of late/post College kids here
>Moderate drinking, some people smoking cigars in the backyard by the pool, very laid back but still really fun atmosphere
>Host is a former classmate of friend, and is running around playing host, refilling peoples glasses, shooting the shit, etc.
>One of the guys at the party is David (Apparently, we only learned his name later).
>David is in the corner, clearly drunk but still functional, all 6'1" and 220lbs of him talking about the Astros or something with a bunch of other guys
>In walks these two massive chollos in jeans and biker jackets with backpacks
>They sit down on a couch after grabbing two beers each from the fridge and just start downing them.
>Everybody is staring at them
>Nobody knows who these guys are
>Host goes around, is asking everybody if they know them, all while they're sitting there chugging beer
>Nope, nobody knows them at all
>Suddenly they take out a ziploc bag of cocaine and start doing lines on the sides of the couch
>Uh-oh
>Host walks up, "Uh, you guys can't do that shit here. You gotta go."
>Chollos stare at him, finishing their line. One of them then just goes, "Alright, that's fair. We'll bounce."
>They get up, then grab as many bottles as they can and start stuffing them into their backpacks

It was at this point that weapons got drawn; mostly knives, but two dudes had pistols, and the bikers whipped out a pistol and bowie knives.

Cont.
>>
>>47047121
is the fortification part of any of the formations that make up the war convocation?
>>
>>47047168

yes, the cult mechanicus detachment has a fortification slot.
>>
>>47047190
im not sure thats how it works.
>>
>>47046884
>32mm bases
- More room for scenic work
- More room to add weights (mostly only useful for metal minis)
- Easier to move into base contact without the model itself colliding with things
- Slightly more stable

>25mm
- Already done
- Looks less like AoS horseshit
- Can sort of fit more models into base contact but not really
- Defies the will of the douchenozzle at GW who almost certainly came up with 32mm bases as a money-making scheme

I was thinking about putting my Nobz on 32mm bases to help differentiate them from the boyz, but I'd rather not encourage GW's shenanigans.
>>
>>47047190
>the cult mechanicus detachment has a fortification slot.

Now ask yourself this, is the cult mechanicus detachment the WarConvo detachment?
>>
>>47047232
nobz look way better on 32s to be honest
>>
>>47047232
Only reason I'd move them over is to unify the basing scheme and not have the feet hang over like they do on 25's.
>>
>>47047190
youre looking at the mechanicus CAD

The one for the war convocation is a formation, not the cad
>>
>>47047232
I would also add that 32mm gives you an advantage against blast weapons, since you can keep the unit in coherency while occupying a bigger area but whoever would change all his bases just for this is evidently not someone worth playing with
>>
>>47047285
Yeah look at what the war convocation includes
>>
>>47047142
Claiming someone in your shitty story was a "champion of khorne" doesn't justify this nonsense in the 40k general, or indeed on /tg/. Do fuck off, there's a good chap.
>>
>>47045306
What's wrong little guy? Are you mad your little taus need to be actually well deployed instead of point and erase? Or that your Dflamers now need to take cover?
>>
>>47047375
Awww c'mon, let him finish and THEN we can complain about it
>>
>>47047142
>Suddenly, a giant form drunkenly thunders past us from the corner of the room
>It's fucking David, the absolute madman
>David plows into the chollo with a pistol, knocks him the fuck over onto his back
>screams, and I shit you not, "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!" and slams his face with a Wild Turkey bottle, knocking him out cold
>Other chollo stabs David in the shoulder with his knife, getting it lodged in his shoulder blade
>David is blessed by Khorne and truly gives no fucks
>David screams incoherently, grabs the guy by the face, and slams him face-first into the wall until he breaks an stud with his head, screaming "SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!"
>Both dudes are passed out, one of them might even be dead, we don't fucking know
>David turns to the party, swaying on his feet
>Burps, says, "Why does anything think I can be killed?" and rips the knife out of his shoulder
>Projectile vomits all over the floor and some poor terrified girl
>Then, for absolutely no reason, sprints down the hallway and jumps through a closed window into the yard before sprinting off down the street
>Everybody takes this as the sign to get the fuck out of there
>Cops are called, people are scrambling to leave
>Friend, gf and I go to IHOP for chocolate chip pancakes and try to figure out what the fuck happened

Apparently he got picked up by a Sheriff two blocks away and was taken to a hospital. They never found the other guys, who apparently got away before the cops arrived.

TL;DR Drunk Champion of Khorne "saves" party from booze-stealing Mexican gangbangers on coke

You can't even make this shit up.
>>
>>47047375
>>47047399
Yeah, at least let me finish my story before shitting on me.

If you're gonna ride my ass so hard, at least pull my hair a little.
>>
>>47045306

The ironic part is marine players are the equivalent of Peele in that skit. The gif actually represents YOU because you're the one constantly complaining
>>
Where does it say that you can charge the passengers of a vehicle you shot at?
>>
File: 40 keks.jpg (481 KB, 1560x1059) Image search: [Google]
40 keks.jpg
481 KB, 1560x1059
>>47046030

>FASTDAKKA MOVA
>>
>>47047285

the mechanicus cad is their far of the war convo
>>
>>47047449
I'd play a game with David
>>
File: ['avin a giggle].jpg (90 KB, 542x512) Image search: [Google]
['avin a giggle].jpg
90 KB, 542x512
>>47045943
Ork Logic and Toddler Logic are the fucking best.
>>
>>47047429
>>47047142
was this in LA?
if not, then i dont believe you, but if it was LA then fairly likely, honestly
>>
>>47047449
I liked your story anon
>>
>>47047517
Apparently, he is a gigantic nerd who can't hide his powerlevel very well. Dude is super-into Warhammer Fantasy and Star Trek, and apparently won't shut up about them if you get him talking about them.

The craziest part that still haunts me of this whole encounter, though - why did he jump through the window? We were on the first floor! The window was unlocked! There were three perfectly good doors he could have used! It doesn't make any fucking sense!
>>
>>47047500
their part*
>>
>>47047429
I was with you until "blood for the blood god"

Calling BS2
>>
>>47047449
Read it. It's still shit, and should be on /b/ or something rather than here.
>>
>>47047555
Nope. Houston which ain't really that much better. Still gotta rep my city tho
>>
>>47047260
Indeed. It was not an easy decision.

>>47047429
>"Why does anything think I can be killed?"
Worth reading just for this line. I am going to say it in my very finest Alan Rickman impression whenever my Necron Overlord wins a challenge.

>>47047589
>why did he jump through the window?
Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows
>>
>>47047472
Is that a thing? I've never heard of that thing. Look at the rules section "Declare Charge" under "The Assault Phase"
>>
>>47045306
>t, just got tabled by a space marine player
>>
>>47047614
I remember reading it hear and they cited shit, but i don't remember exactly
>>
>>47047614
It's under the vehicle damage table. Don't ask me why.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>47047596
Dude was shitfaced and is apparently a gigantic AoS nerd. Nobody was more shocked to hear it than I was, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who actually knew what the fuck he was talking about in the room.

Again, he was also super drunk and angry. I don't know what was more shocking - hearing him yell that, watching him pound a guy into the fucking wall so hard it actually broke, or him jumping through a closed window for no reason. It was probably the most insane party I've ever been to.
>>
>>47047429
0/10 would cringe again
>>
Is there a reason to even bother with plasma when you have grav available ? Even in the least optimal situation at least it won'to kill the model using it.
>>
>>47047429
>Champion of Khorne
>Didn't take their skulls as offerings to Khorne
Nice try, anon, but you won't fool me.
>>
>>47047696

You should take at least 50% plasma versus grav as a "not a douche" tax.
>>
>>47047652
I'm in an argument right now, I'm looking at it and I don't see it. Can someone guide my to exactly where it is.
>>
>>47047766
page 616
>>
>>47047696
Uh... Blasts, and Instant Death against T3

>>47047766
I'm looking. Are the page numbers similar between the BRB and the little RB from Dark Vengeance?
>>
File: stuff.png (183 KB, 654x758) Image search: [Google]
stuff.png
183 KB, 654x758
>>47047766
Found it
>>
>>47047836
Yep. In the Transports section

Pg 82 in the DV rulebook
>>
>>47047696
Daemons and other high-T models with no armor
Mech/transport lists where Rapid Fire is better than Salvo
>>
>>47047429
my new life goal is to become this man
>>
>>47047429
>You can't even make this shit up.

And yet...
>>
Should I buy death Korp's of kreig models and paint them steel legion, using https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Solar-Auxilia-Veletaris-Storm-Section for my deep striking vets (I forgot what they are called) or should I just field nothing but these dudes for basic guard.

So, this.

(Basic guardsmen as these guys) https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-FI/Solar-Auxilia-Lasrifle-Section

(Shock troopers or what ever impiral guard call there vets with deepstrike as these guys)https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Solar-Auxilia-Veletaris-Storm-Section

I want the old school armor to look unique and rare on the table, do you think running my whole army as 30K would hurt that?

basic Cadians are a option too, as well as steel legion and tallarn. I need some opinions on this one.

Pic related is Death korps.
>>
>>47047956
You can do the second best thing and become A Grepey-sm-juggaloo, scare off muggers by showing up bloody with money stapled to you.
>>
>>47047993
*Gropey
>>
>>47046272
It's called a Tellyport MegaBlasta on this model so perhaps it'll be a bit better, like large blast
>>
>>47047637
>>47047614
>>47047652
>>47047795
>>47047793
Right. It's the last sentence of the transport section right before the flyer section.
>>
File: Worlds of 40k.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Worlds of 40k.pdf
1 B, 486x500
For those who may have missed it, a few threads ago we were talking about putting all the GW rules for different planets in one PDF, and so I did.
I copy them one by one and format them so it doesn't look like a collage.

I know of a few set of rules I've yet to include, but please let me know anyway cause I've probably missed quite a few.
Also, let me know of errors.

I'll keep it updated when new stuff come out.
>>
>>47047979
>being able to afford an entire army of FW models
How's the campaign going Mr. Trump?

If I had infinite monies like you, here's what I'd do
>Regular guardsmen: Steel Legion
>Veterans: Death Korps
>Deep strikers: Solar Auxilia
>Gift for the random fa/tg/uy who gave you advice: FW Nob Bikers

Alternately, you could use Death Korps for regular Guardsmen and Steel Legion for Conscripts and send that random fa/tg/uy a Stompa belly gun
>>
File: hi.jpg (21 KB, 320x313) Image search: [Google]
hi.jpg
21 KB, 320x313
>>47048056
Good on ya mate
>>
>>47048056
Sweeeeeeeeeet. Thanks man, much appreciated.
>>
>>47047795
If you're referring to the plasma cannon vs grav cannon it's even worse - you can't snap fire blasts while you can snap salvo and 3 or 5 shots will often hit more than blast against a properly spaced unit.
>>
>>47045453
Traktor Kannon, son
>>
>>47048056
Neat stuff. Would you consider including some of the rules from the 6e rulebook, like for low/high gravity and the like?
>>
>>47047696
Plasmaguns have some advantages over Gravguns, and can often work better for more mobile squads.

Gravcannons are almost always better than plasmacannons though.
>>
>>47048184
Kek, I'm the military anon from yesterday's thread. Like the idea you presented and I'm going for it.
>>
>>47048056
You are beautiful anon.
>>
File: 1454474247182.png (28 KB, 380x552) Image search: [Google]
1454474247182.png
28 KB, 380x552
>>47046467
I'm agreeing with that. If it is not a formation by itself with pages in the book, it can not be taken outside the "decurion" for the specific detachment.

He will use up an FA slot.
>>
>>47047938
>Daemons and other high-T models with no armor
There's still enough shots to wound stuff even with lower armor save, true about models with no armor save

>Mech/transport lists where Rapid Fire is better than Salvo
All grav weapons have min range of 12", so still the same fire rate as a rapid fire after driving up to the enemy for short range. Gravcannons can drive around in Rhinos and fire 3 shots from the top hatch at 12".
>>
>>47048029
I heard it's large blast now. It sounds believable.
>>
>>47048416
Gravguns at half range are 9". Meanwhile, plasma can still shoot even if not within 12". Not that these advantages are particularly relevant or enough to swing the scales, but they are there.

Besides, grav is best served on bikes since its mild downsides vs plasma are remedied by a bike's TL bolter and Relentless
>>
File: 20160219_182701.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160219_182701.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>47045368
Oh shit that had me cracking up
>>
>>47048184

A FW army is easily affordable over the course of one year for any working adult. Less than half of all FW/30k players buy recasts.

A Solar Auxilia/IG FW army on the other hand...
>>
>>47048602
>Less than half of all FW/30k players buy recasts.

Sauce.
>>
>>47045368
>Luna Wolves, huh? That's cute. Well my Wolves aren't confined to one astral body, my Wolves encompass all of SPACE
>>
>>47045453
> hey you know how no one thinks flyers are cool?
No
> great! We will give them their own phase
No thanks
> and we will throw in two new kits that look like barely altered versions of older kits
Um why
> cuz we hate our fans
>>
>>47048662
I know I'm probably in the minority but I think the Blastajet looks great and I'm getting one because I like the fluff and it fills holes in my list. That's three for three.

I might even pick up one of the old cheaper dakkajet kits on eBay and run a two plane squadron for +1 bs and a free wing leader trait on my mek plane. +1 attacks on all weapon profiles? Yes please.

Although I'm sure I'm misunderstanding it and I need four fucking planes before I can get any free bonuses.
>>
>>47048847
It actually made me feel sick to type about free bonuses. Is this how decurion/ battle company players feel?
>>
File: 1459896526455.jpg (384 KB, 1920x958) Image search: [Google]
1459896526455.jpg
384 KB, 1920x958
I asked about how to equip a CCS with straken to buff my 50 infantry squad with priests and psykers, and got told to forget about straken and pick up shit like azrael or harath shen, so i jammed both into the blob for 2 4+ saves for tge lot of them. But now i suddenly wanna use straken again, just to further capitalize on my murder blob. With an inq with rad grenades and then straken they would wound murangs on 3+ on I 4.

I just wanna know if he's a completely retarded investment before i model my company commander with both plasma pistol shotgun and robot arm.
>>
>>47048847
You need four planes for that shit?

I own 2 Dakkajets, i considered getting a third for that armour bane formation but never did.

What do you guys think, is it worth going for that? I'm half tempted to get a cheap jet and convert it into the new flier. not seen the skies of death book yet
>>
>>47048901
I'm just going to wait for the book to come out. I'm pretty sure you can run the attack wings with a minimum of two though. Some jabron on warseer says Orks get the best wing leader bonuses, but I'll wait and see.
>>
>>47048876

No, because faggots who play those formations know what they're doing. They could easily have chosen not to play those formations.

For example, I play a CAD instead of a Demi-Company, even though the CAD is literally a Demi-Company. I also play two Demi-Companies (or 1-2 CADs) instead of a Battle Company when I play my "whole company" list, because I don't feel like taking auxiliaries.
>>
>>47048613

You must be a retard if you honestly think bootleggers outnumber legitimate users. This isn't pirated video games or fake Rolexes we're talking about.
>>
>>47048613
All players, not just /tg/
>>
>>47048238
Not sure.
Those are outdated, but I don't know if people care or not about that.

Maybe a disclaimer for older rules? Not sure, we should keep them in mind though.
>>
>>47047429
I aint saying this never happened, but come the fuck on man this didn't happen at all.
>>
>>47045298
Mediocre
>>
>>47049024
>I play a CAD instead of a Demi-Company, even though the CAD is literally a Demi-Company

List (unit level, no need for detail), what CTs, what points level?

I have no intention of gimping myself by not using what's available, but interested to hear about your list.

What's your local meta like?
>>
>>47048901
There is a formation that gives Armourbane to Dakkajets?

So.. You can potentially get Armourbane on 9 shots at S6 AP4 Twin-Linked.. With BS4. And I have literally never seen an Ork player take any of this?

That's a roughly 60% chance to take a hull point off an AV13 vehicle, PER SHOT. You would have 3 of these things that get 6 shots each, for ~345 points. A Knight with all its kit is slightly over 400 points. That's a perfect solution for dealing with Knights!
>>
>>47049271

>There is a formation that gives Armourbane to Dakkajets?

I believe it's in the new Waaagh! Ghazhgkull supplement.

There is a squadron of three Dakka Jets that gets Armor Bane or anti-vehicle rules.
>>
>>47049024
You're not the only one who does this. I usually tailor the power level of my lists based on who I play against. Like if I'm going against Orks, it'll be just a straight single-CAD.

The Gladius pretty much only comes out when I'm going up against mechanicus, eldar, or any other tier 1/2 armies.
>>
>>47049294
not armourbane, i wish

Tankhunter
>>
File: Glooby.png (1 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
Glooby.png
1 KB, 240x240
I'VE BEEN CALLING THEM WORLD BEARERS FOR 8 FUCKING YEARS!

WHAT THE FUCK DIDN'T ANYONE CORRECT ME FOR?!
>>
>>47049314
tankhunter ONLY against flyers
>>
>>47049161
Well, they're mostly optional scenarios anyway, so it could be a neat thing to put in. Just thought I'd mention it.
>>
>>47049344
fuck versatility, thats for real armies
>>
>>47049344
>>47049314
Just... Why? Why give such a garbage formation for orks?
>>
>>47049407

Apparently the design board either doesn't have much enthusiasm for Orks or don't quite know what to do with them.
>>
what is the current state of 40k?

me and my brother were playing heavily during 3e - 5e. Left before that cool starter set with a chaos dread came out.

I have orks and eldar and he has tau. There might be some space marines around, I forget.

Should we just continue playing 5e or revert to 4e if we;re gonna play casually for fun? Is it worth learning a new edition?

I heard that orks are useless now. Used to be fucked when I played 180 shoota boyz but now idk. I heard they're useless to the point of 7e orcs and goblins in fantasy (which i had the pleasure of building)
>>
>>47049342
At least it's better than Word Eaters
>>
>>47049431
I would say.. Yea, stick with playing earlier editions with your buddies, instead of going to the new edition.

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Orks(7E)

To quote this page:
> [edit]
Extremely point inefficient. The rest of the tactica goes into better detail about this, but every model in the entire codex costs almost double the points of similar models and options in other codices, and yet performs less. A great example of this is the Random Strength Guns, costing 50 points, and being roughly equivalent to a plasma cannon that costs only 15.. Furthermore, all of your heavy weapons suffer dramatically from a piss-poor Ballistic Skill, meaning the intrinsic value they add to your list is drastically lower than they would be in the hands of something like a Space Marine.
>>
>>47049407
because theyre orks

Theyre actively shitting on ork players. Theres no way theyve released terrible rules so many times on accident
>>
>>47049407
Pretty much >>47049428

I think they may have even come out and said something along those lines, but it's plain to see that nobody there has any clue what to do with them. They just remove and change things without any real consideration for what the army is actually using, and just add in things that sound like they should be okay, but aren't.
>>
>>47049482
This sounds almost exactly like 50% of all the people that make suggestions on how to fix orks. It seems every time someone comes up with suggestions on buffs for Orks, they ALWAYS come with a negative point that just gives a net negative for them.
>>
>>47049342
We were laughing at your expense
>here look at my world bearers
Hahaha stupid.
>>
Can anyone mind posting that bit from the Inquisition War where the Emperor talks?
>>47049342
I was there once, and I think World Bearers is a better name.
>>
I was reading through the Altar of War, and Echos of Something or Other missions in the old Ghazzy supplement and I had to wonder "If GW was just going to copy and paste some old rules for the big formation detachment, why couldn't they have picked from these?" Mass deep-striking, destroyed boys units go into ongoing reserves, Stompa as a warlord with bs3, and dredds as characters. Wtf. They know how to write fun Ork rules they just bury them in the "nobody will agree to play this mission with you" section.
>>
>>47049482
>>47049526

I have to wonder if the people who did the Ork Codex prior to the current one are still working for GW in any fashion.
>>
>>47049342
>took me until recently to spot the first i in Guilliman
>>
>>47049342
I called them World Bearers forever too and >>47049537 is correct
>>
File: 1452648311926.png (2 MB, 1500x2500) Image search: [Google]
1452648311926.png
2 MB, 1500x2500
>>47049564
> TFW black library has the canon pronounciation as, "Row-boot-ayy" "Gool E Man".
>>
>>47049601
>Correct pronunciation not "Bobby G"

I'm all about that row-boot-ayy
>>
>>47049450
>>47049536
>>47049564
>>47049566
>>47049537

It's only by the grace of watching Jim Sterling play that Eternal Crusade game I found out.

The amount of times I've read "Word Bearers" incorrectly has genuinely disturbed me. Legit existential crisis happening right now.
>>
>>47049450
b-but that's their thing, they make you eat your words when you say shit like "dude those word eaters suck I bet they can't even chainaxe me lmao".
>>
>>47049711
I mispronounced diplodocus until I was 22. I guess I mostly read it as a child and never heard it spoken so it had firmly cemented itself in my mind as dip-low-dow-cuss.
>>
>>47049777
At least you weren't going to the HYPER BOWL any time someone made extravagant claims.
>>
>>47049711

>>47049777 is kinda right, you don't read each letter or even each word every time when you read.
Your brain pattern-matched the general shape of 'Word Bearers' with 'World Bearers' in a 40k context because you knew that was it, so you didn't spot it.
>>
>>47049801
> eppy-tome

Wanted the ground to swallow me up when someone corrected me.
>>
>>47049342
wait, there not world bearers?
depyderp
>>
>Word Bearers

I thought it was World Bearers for years. YEARS.
>>
>>47049835
im not alone!
>>
Guys I think I know how to solve all the problems. I call them Word Bears, World Bearers is a cooler name, and I think we should call them the World Bears.
>>
File: 1462171994895.jpg (18 KB, 270x320) Image search: [Google]
1462171994895.jpg
18 KB, 270x320
>>47049835
Its not world bearers? What is it then?
>>
>>47049987
word bearers apparently...
damn it GeeDubs
>>
Busty Rough Riders please
>>
If I don't spam Grav and instead focus more on a theme (i.e. really playing up the Knight elements of Space Marines) a bike dominated list wouldn't be too bad would it?
>>
>>47050035
What ever happened to that anon, the last I saw from him he bought the models to start chopping them up but I haven't seen any more progress.
>>
>>47050108
Fapped to death over models
It was in the news a few weeks ago
>>
>>47050053
No your still a piece of WAAC shit.
>>
File: vect.png (738 KB, 844x466) Image search: [Google]
vect.png
738 KB, 844x466
I play Dark Eldar and I want to take an allied detachment of Eldar (namely some Dire Avengers and some Fire Dragons sitting in a Venom), is there anything in the fluff about Craftworld Eldar joining Commoragh?

I want to paint them dark and spooky and give them spikes and shit instead of having them colourfulf
>>
>>47050053
As in you don't take grav at all since you don't need it?
Yes, then that's fine. Melta guns for normal bikes, command squad bikes can rock plasma easily. Even one grav anything is too much, unless it's grav pistols.
>>
>>47050245

Yeah for the most part I figured I'd skip grav - the sergeants will be equipped for combat. I know SM aren't a combat army but knights to me are valiant charges.
>>
>>47050231
There is an instance where DE decided to save some Eldar.
>>
>>47050231

Paint them standard colors but bloody them up and add some grit. Kitbash some chains and coats onto em too.

replace their sergeants with deldar weilding fuck off big whips.
>>
>>47050272
Give your sarges power lances, and hell make a command squad were the all have them. If you're rocking melta guns you're going in close, might as well get that charge off.
Make sure to look over the chapter tactics to find the ones that fight your knightly theme. Don't forget melta bombs.
>>
>>47050231
are deldar/eldar battlebrothers? I dont remember them being opposed to each other aside from sharing different views of escaping she who thirsts and the mormon eldar thinking themselves superior(big surprise) to their degenerate brothers
>>
>>47047611
im from dallas, and i believe that this happened in Houston.
>>
>>47050461
Yeah they are battle brothers. But yes I think you are right about how the craftworlders look down on the the Dark Eldar.
>>
>>47050272
you should paint you guys after the knights of the round table. For Example, you could have Chapter Master Arthur Pendragon, Chief Librarian Merlin, Captain Percival, and the burning blade as excalibur
>>
>>47050559
When your 'inspiration' is more painfully obvious than BL writing, it's time to take a step back.

This would be cringeworthy to have your opponent telling you about.
>>
>>47050445

They're an Iron Hands successor - The Knights Ferrus.
>>
File: 1459904923439.png (44 KB, 219x199) Image search: [Google]
1459904923439.png
44 KB, 219x199
>>47050718
>get a load of these guys, i painted them like knights of the round table, merlins even a librarian
>oh hey, thats pretty cool
>continue playing the game

So fucking cringeworthy, totally, How could he ever consider it
>>
File: 1410566632463.jpg (218 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
1410566632463.jpg
218 KB, 1024x717
>>47050231
Not joining, but they've been known to work with them. Il-Kaithe has close bonds with Commorragh according to the Craftworlds book, and Eldar of both types sometimes freelance. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

As far as color schemes, Il-Kaithe has that Dark Eldar-ish color scheme going on with dark greens and purples. Kind of an eyesore, and doesn't really fit CWE models, but that's just me. They sometimes use those jagged, curvy characters too. Obviously you're not tied to those colors, but again, what you're proposing isn't outside of possibility in 40k.
>>
>>47050559
>>47050718
>>47050908

Come at me, knaves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY0U2pSRYeg
>>
>>47047565
word
>>
File: 1461644597414.gif (28 KB, 501x402) Image search: [Google]
1461644597414.gif
28 KB, 501x402
https://1d4chan.org/images/d/dd/Codex_Thousand_Sons_v_1.74.pdf

Traitor legion codices when?
>>
>>47051282
Never.
>>
>>47051282
>>47051402
This is probably the (slightly sad) truth. But legion rules in codex? Very likely.
>>
>>47051427
>Very unlikely.
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>47051427
Sorry but you aren't getting anything but dinobots. No wait. Only Khorne's getting more dinobots.
>>
File: 131662510936.jpg (15 KB, 285x249) Image search: [Google]
131662510936.jpg
15 KB, 285x249
>>47051552
>mfw i realize the lord of skulls is basically a khorne bot
>>
>>47051552
We'll chaos just got its own bots in form of Renegade Knights.
>>
>>47051593
It's still a dinosaur like all daemon engines. Just one based off an alien one. Probably.
>>47051612
It isn't full Chaos so that's why it is not a dinosaur.
>>
>>47049564
I still pronounce the double-L as a y, the way I was taught in Spanish class, and the Gui as the French name Guy

Guilliman->Gee-yi-man
>>
Getting back into the hobby and havent played since 4th ed. This is my army list adapted to fit the Grey Knights book.

Inquistor Coteaz (100)

4x Paladins (220) all with nemesis force swords

11x Acolytes (44): 2x with flamers (20); 1x Ministorum Priest (25) with eviscerator (30). Unit in Chimera (55) = 174 points

6x Acolytes (24): 3x with plasma guns (30) = 54 points

6x Acolytes (24): 3x with meltaguns (30) = 54 points

602 points

Is there any point /tg/? Will I even win a game? Its all confusing now with flyers and super heavies and dataslates and allies
>>
What would be the best chapter tactic to represent Mentor Legion/Work alongside Imperial Guard?
>>
>>47052341
If you can scrounge up another 150 points with an inquisitor and a few knickknacks, you can actually have an alright army for low-points games
Better yet, look up Zone Mortalis. It's a 30k scenario IIRC but it fits low points 40k really well. No fliers, no tanks, just infantry duking it out, your knights will love it.
>>
File: battleforged.jpg (46 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
battleforged.jpg
46 KB, 600x600
>>47052341
Tell us what models you have and what you want to play.

As for allies and detachments and shit, hopefully this helps.

What your list curently looks like is a legit Inquisitorial detachment with some random Paladins, so I think you're unbound- is that what you were aiming for?
>>
>>47052425
I was reading the 5th ed Grey Knights book where Corteaz let you have inquistorial henchmen as troops, so it used to be legit. But I noticed that the Inquistor side of things and the Grey Knight side of things now have different books so I didn't know what to do.
I also have a Leman Russ tank.

>>47052402
>>47052425
thanks for the help
>>
>>47049407
>>47049428
>>47049475
>>47049482
>>47049526
>>47049557
> Orks being shat upon

Basic usability is returned in the fandex; PDF is about 50% done, but maybe only 33% if we consider formations. With those, it's hard not to just go apeshit what with how busted some of them are for other armies.

What we have for the Ork Decurion is good, but not Wulfen good. Thought about having an ObSec formation, but then there would never be any reason to take a CAD unless it was just so packed with tax units as to make it unwieldy. Each Ork Klan has a Core with appropriate options, then the Auxiliaries are fluffy but not klan-branded.

My personal favorite is Big Game 'Untaz, a formation of Lootas, Tankbustas, & either Nobz or MegaNobz, who all get Tank & Monster Hunter.

Nobz in a 'Naut also makes an appearance: the Nobz get Move through Cover (Orkanaut already has it for being Super-heavy), everyone gets Zealot, & the Orkanaut counts as having a Boarding Plank if the Nobz make an assault move the same turn they disembarked. The Nobz will already be Fearless for having at least 10 wounds in the unit, too, with Mob Rule.
>>
>>47052402
>Zone Mortalis
>30k scenario

Nigga how new are you
>>
>>47052549
Honestly, you're just going to have to sit down and read the whole core book. Way too much has changed. Vehicles changed entirely, cover's different, assault is different, and there's a psychic phase (and apparently a dogfighting phase) now. You've got a lot of catching up to do.
>>
>>47050924
hmmm I might just try and do a conversion and make them Dark Eldar who have bought fusion guns and shurikan catapults from a market in Commoragh. I'll crunch them as Craftworld Eldar though.

I'm mainly excited about the insane AV potential of Fire Dragons in a venom. Good bye land raider.
>>
>>47052652
>Fire Dragons
>not scourges out of your own force org with haywire/heat lances
fucking pussy
>>
>>47052549
Download the Inquisition and Grey Knights Codices from the Mega above, as well as (naturally) the 7e rules.

The army pages on https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics are also pretty useful.

You could look at running a Grey Knight Allied Detachment alongside the Inquisition Detachment as your main detachment, which would make Coteaz your warlord. You'd add 1 unit of GK troops and a GK HQ to your Paladins to do that.

Handily, Inquisition can be taken in a detachment where all you actually need is 1 Inquisitor, and you can add up to 3 units of Henchmen to taste, so you'll definitely be able to run Coteaz.
>>
>>47052689
I have those too :^) along with a pair of blasterborn units
>>
>>47052565
Give me some links please. Where is this being worked on?
>>
File: wulf.jpg (637 KB, 1227x1494) Image search: [Google]
wulf.jpg
637 KB, 1227x1494
How the fuck aren't wulfen mutants considered MAXIMUM HERESY on regular space wolves companies? Only 13th company wulfs made sence because they were kinda outside the inquisition's control and with limited resources.

Also original wulf models>current models
>>
>>47053017
All I see are Digganobz.
>>
>>47053017
You know the Dark Angels and friends are turning Fenrus to rubble right?
>>
>>47053017
>Only 13th company wulfs made sence because they were kinda outside the inquisition's control and with limited resources.

Being a group that existed and was lost before the Inquisition was even formed, no shit they're outside of Inquisitorial scrutiny. What's amazing is that in old fluff their weapons were mostly scavenged and most of their old equipment was lost, but now it seems they have purpose built weapons given to them by Russ, because of reasons, and which have survived the past 10,000 years, because of reasons.
>>
>>47053017
>How the fuck aren't wulfen mutants considered MAXIMUM HERESY

We just don't know.

>Also original wulf models>current models
Yes, because original Wulfen were rag-tag renegades still fighting the good fight, instead of filthy aberrants given special toys for... being filthy aberrants.

>What do you think Wolf-Brother, what should we do with those afflicted with a curse named after someone who was deemed totally unworthy?
>We should give them pimp-ass gear, Wolf-Brother?
>I like the way you think- SQUIRREL!
>>
How many Devilfishes should I own per Full Firewarrior Squad? Is it enough with only one, or should I get more?
>>
File: Wisdom.jpg (68 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Wisdom.jpg
68 KB, 250x250
>>47048056

Thank you, based anon.
>>
Any Space Marine veterans have tips they can share for a new player like me? General dos/don'ts or just things you wish someone would have told you when you were starting out.
>>
>>47053199
Unless you're doing Breachers, locking your FW in a Devilfish is shooting yourself in the foot.
>>
>>47053017
>How the fuck aren't wulfen mutants considered MAXIMUM HERESY

Did you miss them just pretty much Colony Dropping Fenris when the things emerged?
>>
>>47048056
Gotta add Rust Planet Warp Storms
Farsight 6th Edition
Kauyon also has an Unstable Geothermal Canyon rules, in it, I believe.
>>
>>47053154
>>>47053017
>Being a group that existed and was lost before the Inquisition was even formed, no shit they're outside of Inquisitorial scrutiny. What's amazing is that in old fluff their weapons were mostly scavenged and most of their old equipment was lost, but now it seems they have purpose built weapons given to them by Russ, because of reasons, and which have survived the past 10,000 years, because of reasons.

This isn't even on the radar of dumb shit.
>>
>>47045306
Awhahhh wahh wahh, I want my mommy, a waah waah waah, I'm taking my shitty taudar alliance and going home because i'm a whiny little cunt who bitches about Spess Muhreens because I can't 4th or 5th Ed troll them anymore. TOUGH SHIT.

Deathwing ftw.
>>
File: tau_feels.jpg (106 KB, 615x437) Image search: [Google]
tau_feels.jpg
106 KB, 615x437
>>47053352
Taudar? Why would I water down my Fire Caste force with an inferior army?
>>
>>47053222
> Get Drop Pods
> Get Razorbacks
> Get Rhinos
Transports are your bread and butter as a Marines player. You may have Power Armour, but you can't be caught out in the open without a solution to further protect yourself. Drop Pods should be used to confiscate your opponent's deployment zone from him, and use all of his own cover and fortifications against him.

Rhinos and Razorbacks are your METUL BAWKSES. You don't always need them to transport your guys, but you need them to act as a portable wall for whenever you need to block line of sight to big shit that can just ignore your power armour.
>>
>>47053017
I kind of like the new models...

But if I had to say some complaints, I'd go with they are a too showy with the furry and bone iconography. Also I think they overdid the wolf feet. Especially since all of them have it. (The old models had some with arm plating and some without. It looked like they were in the process of shedding their armor.) The new ones look too evenly distributed in the amount of skin shown. As always the cheerleader pose is terrible. And finally, what I consider a huge problem is that the old color scheme is much better. New wolfen have too much gold, bright colors, and shine. Really makes the models have this annoying clean glow to them.
>>
>>47045331
You've never played Alabama before. 90% of the neckbeards here run nothing but Tau or CronAir. The remaining 10% play IG. (outta nearly 300 gamers in the local B'ham market, only myself and 6, yes, SIX, others play Marines. Outta that, each of us have multiple armies aside from Porkchop. BT's and DA's are the favorite, but IF's are actually well played by 3 of us, and two SW players round up pretty well.)
>>
>>47053182
>Yes, because original Wulfen were rag-tag renegades still fighting the good fight, instead of filthy aberrants given special toys for... being filthy aberrants

Didn't knew. I just don't like the new wulf models.
>>
File: Tabloid.jpg (78 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Tabloid.jpg
78 KB, 250x250
>>47048646
>space marines
>not void knights
>space wolves
>not sons of fenris
>space sharks
>not something that DOESN'T sound like a 70s kiddie cartoon
>space ghost
>case in point
>pidgin latin
>noc et dafuqus offus

Hopefully, Rountree will hire some writers based on their CVs for once, cos the drunken nepotism system has done the company no favours.
>>
>>47053383
>>47053222

>Never buy a rhino box

If you want a Rhino, just buy the Razorback kit instead. You can leave the doors un-glued so it can be swapped from one to the other without any magnets needing to be involved.

Pay the cost of a pot of paint extra and get two transport options from the same kit.

Even if you'll probably never run them all as Razorbacks, you can make some turrets up as las, some as HB etc. for versatility.
>>
>>47053416
void knights sound like a chapter name
>>
>>47047589
Drunk bro. Buddy of mine beat his door down because he got into some Tequila, then yelled at his gf for a few hours... problem is, she broke up with him YEARS ago and he completely lost it. THEN, when I came along to mend up his hand (hurrah US Army training and being the ONLY person around with first aid knowledge), fucker tried to fight with me. Drunk = high = retarded until sober.... unless retarded in general.
>>
File: 1461512058906.png (308 KB, 500x502) Image search: [Google]
1461512058906.png
308 KB, 500x502
>>47053416
>word bearers
>not world bearers
>>
>>47052599
Nigga I don't keep up with every new scenario
I first played it in 30k
>>
>>47053507
Its from late 5th, early 6th ed.
>>
>>47053325
>>47053124
I know about the whole Fenris shit. What bothers me is loyal space wolves using mutants without getting excommunicated and purged.
>>
>>47053559
That's what's happening now with the Dark Angels.

Asmodi called the Space Wolves degenerate.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 67

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.