[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does being a merchant in an RPG sound so comfy? >Psychotic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Why does being a merchant in an RPG sound so comfy?

>Psychotic adventurers go out and kill people for their shit
>bring it to me and exchange it for other shit other adventurers had

>Go find a blacksmith apprentice
>Keep him supplied with materials in exchange for his roughly hewn weapons and armor
>Effectively buy shit at cost and sell it to wannabe murder hobos

>Keep my ear to the ground, find out who's on what adventure and offer them shit they'll need to keep their business.
>Invest in small adventuring companies to bring in more and more shit without risking my own skin

It sounds pretty fun, and hopefully the good will I build keeps the Chaotic Randumbs from ripping me to shreds and stealing my entire inventory.
>>
>>47042862
>Why does being a merchant in an RPG sound so comfy?
You will get robbed.
>>
>>47042877
Yeah, you'd need to grease a few palms in the town guard to keep your shit safe, for sure anon.
>>
>>47042877
You hire adventurers to protect you.
>>
>>47043009
>You hire adventurers to protect you.
What level are they? Because surely they will not be enough?
>>
>>47043025
Well yeah, the idea is that you make yourself so valuable/lovable to a large number of adventuring groups that the idea of harming you would invoke a tidal wave fuckstorm that no one would even consider it. Alternately, you just get robbed and try not to get killed too so that you can start over.
>>
>>47042862

I always thought that a (small?) game about being yer olde trusty Inn's innekeepers would be very fun.
You have to manage the inn, your workers ("holy shit, what did the halfling cook put in the beer AGAIN?"), relationships with the town's inhabitants, the usual standard fantasy shit tha happens to paceful people... and of course the adventurers and their sheanigans.
>>
>>47042862
>See this fucker?
>He's poor and dumb as shit
>And he will fucking die for you
>>
>>47043143
Thats why it would be best to have at least some of your assets be lands and other businesses, things that can't be thrown in a bag of holding and hauled away by dickass theives.
>>
File: tellmemore.jpg (231 KB, 627x502) Image search: [Google]
tellmemore.jpg
231 KB, 627x502
>>47043488
pic related, googling that shit now

>>47043552
Absolutely, you gotta diversify that shit when you get the chance.
>>
>>47043143
>Well yeah, the idea is that you make yourself so valuable/lovable to a large number of adventuring groups that the idea of harming you would invoke a tidal wave fuckstorm that no one would even consider it.
Endgame.

>Alternately, you just get robbed and try not to get killed too so that you can start over.
The game that is being played.
>>
>>47042877
The one doing the robbing is the king. The adventurers look at your plight and shrug.
>>
>>47043831
>The one doing the robbing is the king. The adventurers look at your plight and shrug.
And those plebs, with the help of the GM, will be coming after you.
>>
>>47043831
Decry this unlawful seizure of property. Cry out to the barons, and other burgers to put a lid on this fucker before he taxes this country into the ground. If all goes well we get some kind of Magna-Carta thing signed and then WE control the money.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.