[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Anon, can we take this NPC girl with us?" >"Of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: skeleton_bard_by_kookri-d95x9da.png (433 KB, 1000x994) Image search: [Google]
skeleton_bard_by_kookri-d95x9da.png
433 KB, 1000x994
>"Anon, can we take this NPC girl with us?"
>"Of course you can't, she's only ten years old, she won't want to join you."
>"I roll Seduce."

Also Bard thread. This one in particular was a skeleton with a trumpet.
>>
>>47042527
did he succeed?
>>
>seduce

Confirmed for not actually ever playing any game ever, and just trying to push two separate but equally retarded memes.
>>
My bard in this 5e campaign is currently a skeleton tuba player..
>>
>>47044212
confirmed for idiot
>>
>>47042527
How the fuck is a ten year old child hard to convince of coming with the cool guys? It should be easy as fuck.
>>
>>47042527
>This one in particular was a skeleton with a trumpet.
DOOT DOOT
>>
>>47044212
Ok, it was actually Bluff but used pretty much as a seduce roll, it just came naturally to him I guess.

>>47044327
>the cool guys
>implying
I should have mentioned this earlier, it's an "absolute madmen" campaign. The characters whether are crazy or are evil, or both. The skeleton kept a goblin's face to have a bonus disguising as a goblin whenever he wants.

>>47044184
I don't know, the session ended right there. I like to leave my players on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>47045314
Holy fuck, if you are unwilling to even research the skills of any game you're pretending to have played when making your dumb thread, don't make your dumb thread.

It would not be a Bluff check either.
>>
>>47045396
Then what in hell should a D&D 3.5 Bard use for a seducing check? Diplomacy? Disguise? An Intimidate check followed by a grapple?

As for the "you're pretending to have played a game" part, I'm just going to assume it's supposed to be bait.
>>
>>47045499
Pretty sure that it's rather well accepted that "roll to seduce" = "roll diplomacy to convince the NPC to sleep with me"
>>
File: Trumpeter.jpg (484 KB, 1744x2480) Image search: [Google]
Trumpeter.jpg
484 KB, 1744x2480
>>47042527
>Skeleton with trumpet
You rang?
>>
>>47045578
Tho to be fair, for a straight-up pump-n-dump one-nighter where the seducee is expecting long-term-commitment, Bluff is probably the more sensible skill.

But diplomacy is usually what's implied when we say "roll to seduce".
>>
File: Titanic_KingOfTheWorld.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Titanic_KingOfTheWorld.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>47045578
I would tend to agree with that, if the circumstances were trying to seduce an NPC by being kind, and the NPC was a child, and though he was actually pretending to be nice to her, they literally told me they planned to do the thing in pic related with her, so that would be more of a bluff for me.
>>
>>47045678
*. But the NPC was child
>>
>>47044279
>>47042527

but

skeletons don't have lungs
>>
>>47048155
the same you said about ur mom and she's great sucking lmao
>>
File: RibbonExplains.jpg (45 KB, 172x248) Image search: [Google]
RibbonExplains.jpg
45 KB, 172x248
>>47045637
>>47045678
I'd have to say it's either Diplomacy or Persuasion, because the goal is not to simply convince them that you are telling the truth, but that they should go along with you.

It would only be Bluff if the end goal was simply to convince them that you are genuine, but that wasn't the end goal. Only accomplishing the first part would still leave the remainder of the task unfinished.

If anything, in this particular case it would be two seperate rolls (bluff followed by diplomacy), but in most cases, diplomacy alone would suffice.
>>
>>47042527

Seduction doesn't work on children, it's like trying to intimidate skeletons or con-draining a vampire.
>>
>>47042527
>"Of course you can't, she's only ten years old, she won't want to join you."
>Not "Dude, she's like ten. Of course she wants to join in. She comes back with an iron pot on her head and what she thinks is the best weapon in her house: her mom's large wooden spoon"
>>
>>47048398
I would skip Persuasion and just go with an unopposed basic action using Protocol. That way you convince the child you're a trustworthy authority.
>>
Bumping shit thread
>>
>>47048806
Of course it works. You just don't seduce them in a sexual way, but in a pure love way.
>>
I'm going to see how long I can keep this shitty thread alive for with my bumps.
>>
>>47045499
Either Charisma or Diplomacy/Persuasion
>>
>>47054699
Stop that. We're not /v/.
>>
>>47054699
Hey, don't blame me, the guy who roles it does it pretty well. Though he made the character inspired by the Mr Skeltal meme, he's not focusing on the meme part. If he did this would be a That Guy thread.
>>
OP here, this was supposed to be a Bard thread. Now that the "what to roll when you Seduce" discussion is over, has any of you a story with a Bard involved to share here?
>>
>>47042527
That's clearly a trombone.
>>
>>47048975
10/10 would protect
>>
>>47060788
Without ears skeletons are strangely unconcerned what the name of musical instruments are.
>>
>>47048975
>>47045678
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.