[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/wg/ - Weaverdice General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: WeaverDiceGeneral.jpg (183 KB, 1275x627) Image search: [Google]
WeaverDiceGeneral.jpg
183 KB, 1275x627
Weaver Dice General, 1st thread.

Let's play as incompetent PTSD tumblrinas with superpowers.

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/ee8QhvTd

IRC: irc.parahumans.net #weaverdice or #weaver4chan

> What campaign are you on?

> Want to generate a trigger?

> mechanics/worldbuilding and more.
>>
isn't there a trigger generator already? also what power do I get if i'm triggered by this thread?
>>
>>47041998
>The size of that swarm
Jesus Christ
>>
What are some time periods that should be considered off-limits? Post-Golden Morning?
>>
>>47046994
you're worried about the wrong thing.

it should be "oh shit its skitter" THEN "oh shit THE BUGS ARE COMING"

>>47047114
probably depends on the GM, IIRC not all the triggers after that point caused problems.

>>47046907
there's a thread for that every so often but it's probably not as consistent as some would like...
>>
Trying to wrap my head around a session of Rogues like Canary. People just trying to get by with their powers, no hero or villain nonsense.

Well, that's the plan, anyway. As always life finds a way to shit on you.
>>
>>47048604
thats the sort of game I'd like to play in meself too...but from what I've heard I'd be reluctant to trust Internet strangers to assign powers like how people have told me they're generated
>>
>>47048849
I'd probably let people choose their powers if they can come up with a good trigger to go with it. Not sure if rewarding more horrible triggers would be a good idea though.
>>
More or less starting Twig. Only one chapter deep.

I'm very eager for more of both Worm and Pact.
>>
>>47047181
Are you guys convinced that weaver dice, for what bare skeleton of a system it is, is actually the best system around for Worm games? It seems to take a pretty deus ex machina approach to powers (IE there's no set mechanics, they just work) which suggests you could just tack them onto any modern system just as easily.

The only cool mechanics I saw peering through were the asset tables for how functional your actual life is, and the equipment advantage disadvantage tables, which are near identical to something I just finished homebrewing for a totally unrelated scifi game. Suggesting again that they could just be ported.

Do you guys think the core stat mechanics are good? Like seriously, maybe I'm missing something.
>>
>>47051392

Honestly WD is a serious work in progress, but the whole way powers are generated is pretty fun, just for that.
>>
Whatever happened to the guy running the Worm quest thread?
>>
>>47046907
The power to give people diarrhea by viewing anything they posted on the internet.

Very deadly.
>>
>>47053480
Capes of Rain City?

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/tripcode/5ZUV97mFho/
Hm some posts (from quest general) about relationship trouble and then looks like he's hit with the downfall of "oh I have a new idea to run!"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.